Volkswagen Eos consumer car reviews and road tests

Volkswagen Eos consumer reviews by year of make:2007 2008 2010 2011

Volkswagen Eos consumer car reviews

Bob Hann, England

Volkswagen Eos 2.0 sport diesel 2011

Have fitted 18" Nokian WR A3 snow tyres and it’s been brilliant to drive in snow slush and ice. It tows a 1.5 ton caravan in the summer without any trouble at all.

Submitted: 2013-02-23 | ID: 50680

David Johnson, Lincolnshire

Volkswagen Eos 2.0 TDi CR SE 2010

My Eos replaced a 2008 Mercedes C Class as I no longer needed a saloon for business. After 4 months I can report that it is much nicer in almost every way than the Mercedes. A really great car to drive with the top up or down and much better than I’d imagined it would be as an everyday vehicle for shopping and carrying a couple of passengers. The finish and build quality are fantastic, nothing rattles or creaks and everything works as it should. My only complaint is the computer, which always gives a reading of 5-7 mpg too much. I am getting around 45 mpg which I am happy with. Finally, I think that VW should do more to draw owners attention to lubricating the roof seals. My supplying dealer advised Krytox at least every 6 months.

Submitted: 2010-10-26 | ID: 50679

Maurice Bewley, Wiltshire

Volkswagen Eos 2008

The first drive was to the Highlands of Scotland from Wiltshire. Car felt good, engine/wind noise minimal. Fuel return fantastic to unbeliveable. Cornering/road holding outstanding. It feels like a quality product and drives like one. With top down it’s great fun, no it’s wonderful fun. My wife just loves it and she does look good driving it. There is plenty of storage and even with the top down there is space for shopping. I would certainly recommend a test drive to one and all.

Submitted: 2009-08-14 | ID: 50678

John Barfield, England

Volkswagen Eos TDI 2008

A great car with the folding roof. Comfortable at speed on long journeys and returns a good mpg. Hopefully will not be too bad on tyres and servicing costs.

Submitted: 2009-05-18 | ID: 50691

Jeannie, England

Volkswagen Eos 2008

My new 2008 EOS cost 32,000.00 and it leaks on both sides of the front top. The condensation on the windshield is constant and bothers me. I have to keep my wipers on and I live in Orlando, Florida. I wouldn’t have leased the car last week if I read all the blogs on 08 VW EOS convertibles.

Submitted: 2008-08-21 | ID: 50681

Charlotte Burdock, Sussex

Volkswagen Eos 1.4 FSI CC 2dr 2007

Absolutely love this car. It’s fast, looks great and is fun to drive. No problems with the roof and it has an NCAP rating of 4 - not bad! A reasonably priced convertable that gives around 40 MPG.

Submitted: 2008-04-24 | ID: 50682

Pete Hutchinson, Somerset

Volkswagen Eos 2.0T-FSI 2007

Leaky roof, persistent condensation, noisy ride at motorway speeds, questionable handling. Is this a practical alternative or a poor compromise?

Submitted: 2008-03-17 | ID: 50684

Elaine George, Kent

Volkswagen Eos 2007

Lovely car to drive but having problems with rainwater collecting under doors and dripping into foot well. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi - Yes I bought the car in July and as the car is garaged it had not been left out in the rain until recently - could not believe it when it was out in the rain and I opened up the doors to literally a bucket of water coming out. Took it back to the dealer yesterday and after checking it I got the reply "that it is a design fault and there is nothing they can do" so they expect me to put up with a car that literally soaks my feet!!! I called VW Head office and they are more sympathetic and I am awaiting for them to call me back. I plan to video what happens next time when it rains and put on you tube unless this is sorted efficiently - Jacqui Sage-Passant from Bedfordshire

Same problem with 09, VW not interested. Solution: dont buy another VW - Ken Rees from Wales

Same problem with water when door opened. Loads of condensation inside which freezes when cold. Couldn’t get windows to drop so I could get in to start defrosting this morning. Any ideas? - from Kent

Yes, I had the same problem. I had to use a VW main dealer in Goes, a town in the Netherlands, for it’s first service. When I collected the car they informed me that they had re krytoxed the roof seals! From what was once a fantastic car became a nightmare. The car creaked and developed leaks so much so that the footwell was just a pool of water. I took the car back and the dealer had the nerve to inform me that I had a bill for over 200 euro’s for looking at the problem they had caused and they blamed faulty seals which they said I had to have replaced! I decided the buy some Du Pont Krytox and follow the instructions from an American site I found on internet on how to apply it. It took 20 to 30 minutes to apply and that was four months ago since then I’ve had a super dry car with no more creaks and the car stays outside in all weathers - Alan Cruickshank from East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

Just bought a 2007 EOS VW. What internet site was the water proving of the roof by using Dupond rytox? - Bernd Wetzel from United States of America

Submitted: 2008-03-11 | ID: 50685

Leena Tompkins, Buckinghamshire

Volkswagen Eos 2.0 T-FSI Sport 2dr 2007

As a sales manager for a nationwide company I do an awful lot of mileage and was therefore looking for something reliable, comfortable with a little power. I have certainly found this in the Eos and then some. I’ve also got one of the stylish cars around, I think. It’s a dream to drive and makes short work of long journeys. Driving on the motorway has never been so much fun. Very pleased I chose the Eos. Can’t wait for summer.

Submitted: 2007-11-21 | ID: 50683

Volkswagen Eos

2011 - Always one of the classiest contenders in the CC cabrio market, the Volkswagen Eos now comes with sharper looks. The refreshed styling brings the Eos into line with VW’s current styling tend, so it has front and rear lights that mimic those of the Passat, while other updates include leather seats ca [...]

An image of the Volkswagen Eos 2011

Volkswagen Eos

2.0 TSI - Cars with folding hardtops used to be a rare sight until the Mercedes SLK came along, but now there’s a plethora of similarly-quipped, so-called Coupe Cabrios; VW wasn’t the first to follow the SLK’s lead when it launched the Eos in 2006, but could the Eos match the reputation of the much-loved Golf [...]

Road Test Reports Says 3.5 star ratingFull Report