Toyota Auris consumer car reviews and road tests

Toyota Auris

Toyota Auris consumer reviews by year of make:2004 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012

Toyota Auris consumer car reviews

Walter Sequira, Middlesex

Toyota Auris 2008

Driving slow suddenly the engine gathers speed and I couldn’t stop the car. The Toyota dealer said the mat was in the way. It must be a design fault.

Submitted: 2013-11-30 | ID: 47712

Carmel O Crowley, Ireland

Toyota Auris Diesel 2009

I have a problem with an annoying noise from the back wheels. The break pads have been checked and were found to be ok. The NCT Centre said it might be sticking. My sister also has an ’09 Auris, which has the same noise and it started about the same time as mine.

Submitted: 2013-06-16 | ID: 47709

Lee Wilmerson, Norfolk

Toyota Auris 2.2 d4d t180 2007

I have just bought a Toyota Auris which has only done 30000 miles and the power steering has gone. They tell me I need a new ECU. I’ve only had the car eight months and love it, but now it’s gonna cost me £700 to put it right and who’s to say this won’t happen again as I’ve been reading on other forums that this has been a common problem cars of this particular year (2007). Seems like an awful lot of cash to shell out, so I am considering getting rid as it seems Toyota have had just too many electrical faults with the ECU and power steering. Perhaps I should look at the Honda Civic instead?!

If you are in the UK you will be protected under the Sale. Firstly, you have your point of sales guarantee usually one year. However, you always have the Sale Of Goods Act 1974. Statutory Rights; 1. The car is not fit for purpose 2. The car is not durable. This covers you for 5/6 years. Companies have to repair or replace the car. If this is the case, then write to the car manufacturers, put in a copy of car receipt and all the faults. Head the letter ’Statutory Rights Sales of Goods Act 1974’. Say you want a repair or replacement free of charge. Good luck. - Maggie Allen from Berkshire

Submitted: 2013-04-24 | ID: 47710

L Dearden, Lancashire

Toyota Auris Diesel 2012

I have been loaned this car whilst waiting for an extremely costly gearbox repair on my 21,000 mile Yaris which warranty refuse to cover! I have found it fantastic to drive and it really packs some punch. I have been getting around 57 miles to the gallon, so its very economical. It took a little time getting used to the automatic engine cut off when the car is put into neutral whilst waiting at lights, but you can turn this function off when driving around town so its not an issue. I don’t like to ride the clutch on my cars if possible! It feels smooth to drive and I like the gear transmission. Its a great looking car and I will be sad to hand it back!

Submitted: 2013-03-01 | ID: 47708

Magaret Rooney, Ireland

Toyota Auris 2011

I bought my Auris from Davey’s of Sligo in Eire in July 2011. I understood I would get 3 years free service as my friend got this for the Auris she purchased Jan 2011. Davey’s have refused that service to me. I have driven Toyota for 12 years, but no more.

Submitted: 2012-12-12 | ID: 47707

Roderick Perrett, Yorkshire

Toyota Auris 1.6 TR MMT 2008

I bought the car 12 months ago when it was 3 years old with 21000 miles on the clock. Initially the car was awful in traffic due to a semi auto gearbox. I have a Yaris MMT as well so knew the best way to drive car. After 3 weeks it went back to Vantage Toyota in Knaresborough who told me that some of this model had a ECU upgrade. Luckily mine was one of them. They fitted a new ECU under warranty and car is totally different, still not totally ok, but drives more like a normal auto. The paddle steering controls are incredibly quick and these can be used for changing down quickly. The car is very quiet and the ride is the best on any car I have ever owned. There is plenty of room in back. I have averaged 44 to the gallon over 8000 miles which is good. I have also persuaded the dealer to upgrade my Yaris MMT with a similar ECU upgrade under my extended warrenty. That car is as different again also. My only complaint is that at 4 years old with 30000 miles the dealer only considers the car worth 4500 trade in against a new Yaris Hybrid, so I will keep both cars for at least 8 years and get an extended warrenty. The service is excellent from the dealer and cheap. The car has been reliable and cheap to run as is the Yaris. I Will definitely get another Toyota when the time comes to renew.

Submitted: 2012-07-13 | ID: 47702

Richard Andrews, Wiltshire

Toyota Auris TR 1.6 V-matic MM 2010

Having driven a Corolla auto for twenty years prior to buying the Auris I was dismayed by the multimode transmission and experienced most of the problems highlighted by other reviewers. My mistake was to buy the car without a test drive (due to rush to take advantage of scrappage allowance). I assumed that is was an automatic (with manual option). It was only when I realised the car does not have an auto box, but an auto clutch that I began to see how to drive it. The car is not easy to drive, but it helps to have driven a manual as I did many years ago before I had my Corolla. You have to be quite vigourous with the accelerator so the car ’springs’ forward; this helps it to shift up, and if you keep your foot down you will not get the uncertain ’jerking’ or hesitation. Gear changes need to be sensed and when imminent take your foot of the gas momentarily. Likewise when in manual mode lift off the gas for each gear change, as you would with a manual. My main criticism is the car’s tendency to drop down into first gear while still moving, which can be a problem at junctions. Road conditions are a factor is deciding which mode to be in; for example a long hill is best taken in manual, as the auto mode may shift up then drop down again. Apart from this the car is very comfortable, well-designed and so far totally reliable.

Submitted: 2012-06-19 | ID: 47703

Tom, Ireland

Toyota Auris 1.4D MMT 2009

I have had this two weeks and it’s going for sale tomorrow. Nice car once you don’t let the speed below 30 mph. Starting off this car is terrible and it gets confused with the gears. This is down right dangerous in traffic as the car keeps hesitating and is not smooth. Went back to Tadg Riordan the main Dealer and I was given a driving lesson and told it’s not an automatic. Went to Toyota website and they say it’s a manual or an automatic. Do not buy a Toyota with this transmission.

I totally agree; she staggers/hesitates at take off at junctions, no smooth take off! - Linda Tutty from Ireland

Submitted: 2012-04-09 | ID: 47705

Colin Mapp, Worcestershire

Toyota Auris 1.6 TR mmt 2008

Everything already said about the multimode transmission so far is true. The change process is awful and unpredictable and as several people have said is downright dangerous! The speed of gear selection is hopeless and it does tend to ’stick’ in a gear, both up and down the box. I bought this car eighteen months ago and I really have to change again since the gearbox is getting to be an obsession with me. I speak as a recently retired Dealer Principal of some major main car dealerships and as a long time member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists. I am confident that the problem is not caused by my bad driving as has been indicated by my dealer.

Submitted: 2012-03-28 | ID: 47704

Noel Schmitt, Yorkshire

Toyota Auris SR180 2007

I bought my 57 Reg 2.2 D-CAT 175bhp Auris SR180 recently. I have previously owned two Avensis and a Yaris. This one beats the lot, a simply amazing car! You really understand what Toyota is about when you drive it: quality build, combined with what I expect to be a reliable car. The only drawback is fuel consumption. Press hard on the pedal and you will achieve low 30mpg (0-60mpg in 8 seconds). Drive it sensibly and I can get 45 mpg on average. Not bad for a performance car (bear in mind the Auris 1.6 petrol achieves 39mpg on average). This one has got tinted windows, rear spoiler, cruise control... you name it. If you want great fuel economy, get the yaris 1.4 D4D. I got 67mpg on average with it, but it’s dull. If you fancy something more exciting, test drive an SR180 and you’ll see what I mean.

Hi Noel, got Auris sr 180 on a 2008 plate 544544 on clock but have a sickeningly low mpg, 34 at best. Changed air filter checked all usual other areas but that seems to be its best at the moment. Performance is good though. Any ideas? Also rained in quite badly into boot area. Seemed to be mainly around rear light entry into shell. Also the seals around air vents below lights have siliconed around aforementioned areas and this seem to have about stopped the problem any thoughts on the above? - Kevin Reid from Cumberland

You are right, it’s a great car until the ecu goes. I’ve got a T180 and the power steering went, they say the ecu needs replacing. It’s a 2007 plate and only done 30,000 miles, 700 quid later! Then I read in the forums and this seems to be fairly common like the rest of the stories I’ve read. I had parked up for 15 mins, pressed the start button and that was that - Lee Wilmerson from Norfolk

Had SR 180 as second car since 2009 when it was a year old. The car came directly from Toyota (GB) so was well maintained and had recalls sorted. We find the fuel consumption around town really annoying (low 30s) on motorway slightly higher but the performance is out of this world and can keep pace with many other high performace cars costing twice the price. Will have to replace at some stage with another Toyota but which one as they do not have a comparable car at present - Brian Moore from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 2012-01-18 | ID: 47698

Saira Saeed, Ireland

Toyota Auris 1.4d 2007

It’s a good car to drive until it tries to kill you.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-10-11 | ID: 47697

Maureen McCormack, Kent

Toyota Auris 2004

I have had this car since March, 2007 and have never had any problems with it. It is delightful to drive and there is nothing wrong with the gearbox or brake although I know that a lot of people don’t like the postion. Have never had any rattles or annoying problems and it seems to me that some people just go around looking for problems. This is my second Toyota and I am just about to change it for another Toyota with a 61 plate

My wife has had a Rav 4 for 10 years and it as been brill, cost nothing but now I’ve got her an Auris. Let’s hope it’s as good - Christ Witton from England

Submitted: 2011-08-09 | ID: 47695

Richard, Staffordshire

Toyota Auris Hybrid T-Spirit 2010

The main reason for this post is to highlight a rather significant error in the main review above. In the Ride and Handling section, the review says - "The automatic transmission we feel occasionally leaves it a little too long before switching gears but only on very rare occasions, otherwise it has a smooth gear change." The Hybrid Synergie Drive uses a CVT transmission which doesn’t have any gears. It simply has forward backwards and nuetral. So it’s not surprising that the reviewer found the gear changes smooth, because there aren’t any. My personal experience of the Auris Hybrid is that it is a joy to drive, but it does require a different driving style that may not suit everyone. I decided to opt for the Hybrid becuase most of my driving is done on a daily commute of around ten miles. Most of which is at speeds of under 20mph. Therefore the Hybrid works brilliantly under these conditions and returns an average fuel consumption of around 55mpg.

Submitted: 2011-05-21 | ID: 47688

Robin Cooper, Herefordshire

Toyota Auris mmt 2011

I bought the car a 1.6 mmt spirit with all the extras. First trip out I was driving on a dual carriageway and went to overtake at around 45mph suddenly the accelerator pedal went straight to the floor and the cruise control light came on, I tried to knock out the cruise but nothing happened. I had to keep touching the brake to slow me down, about half a mile further I manged to pull in, knock it into neutral and still could not stop the engine using the stop button, and the engine was revving at around 6,000 revs. On kicking the accelerator pedal it came back to normal. I have never had an experience like that in 50 years of motoring. It happened a second time, in a built up area this time, I had to kick the accelerator again to release it from the floor and the cruise light came on again. This time I drove slowly for about 25 miles back to the main Toyota dealer. They plugged in their pc and we drove the car for about 5 miles trying kick down, it did not happen this time??? They seemed to think the floor mat may have slipped and jammed the pedal. I said why did the cruise control light come on on both occasions? Answer: Don’t know? They were to get in touch with technical dept. who have said they’ve not had this problem before? I love the car for comfort etc., but this has now made me very unsure whether there is a fault. I am not even sure whether I want to keep it now. If anyone has had a similar problem write a review.

Really good car but have had the pedal stick to the floor too, pretty hairy! Took it to the garage but no fault found. Again, they blamed the floor mat for jamming the pedal down - Nicholas Ballard from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 2011-05-13 | ID: 47683

Jay, England

Toyota Auris auto mmt 2008

Had to part ex my Auris automatic after nearly 3 years as did not like the gearbox. No matter what I did it would not drive smoothly and had no power to set off from scratch which made for dangerous driving. Dealer could not fix the problems although they are aware that this gearbox is not like. Loved the car, it was a t spirit with lots of goodies but hated the gearbox. Should not have had to swap it so soon, kept the previous Corolla which was fab for 5 yrs. Would have gone for another Toyota Yaris, but it had the same gearbox. Now back on a conventional auto gearbox and it is fun to drive again.

I bought a ’07 semi-auto three months ago. The gearbox is a nightmare and dangerous at junctions and roundabouts. When slowing down to give way and not actually stopping, the gear occasionally gets stuck in 1st or 2nd when trying to increase speed. The revs go mental and the only way I have managed to change gear is manually. Toyota changed gearbox and carried out lots of technical stuff I didn’t understand at a cost of approx £3,000 under the warranty. It was very kind of them to do this without previously been able to find the fault. Unfortunately six days later, same problem! I intend to ring tomorrow - from Staffordshire

I am having the same problem with my Auris much worse than yours maybe. My Auris gearbox was unpredictable. Sometimes it will just stick to first gear and it will go wild as it is very dangerous to drive because I have to stop my car to get it right. Next problem: I was driving in 40mph road then went uphill, guess what? The gear was stuck and didn’t engage or lower to second gear so I stop in the middle of the road uphill. That’s worse and very dangerous you have to stop before you get it right. I have been three times in Toyota and they couldn’t fix it and I have to go back again - from London

Submitted: 2011-04-25 | ID: 47685

Ian Etteridge, Worcestershire

Toyota Auris T4 2010

I previously owned a 07 Toyota Prius, but found the touch screen controls, particulary the air con impractical, did not always work first touch and required taking your eyes of the road for too long. Also you never knew when the foot operated parking brake was on or off. I also found the steering rather vague and the interior finish rather cheap looking. The hybrid Auris has overcome all these problems by more conventional instrumentation , much stiffer body and consequently more positive steering. The interior finish is very smart particularly the wite stitching and the build qualiity is first class. The petrol with electic motors (power Setting)together give brisk acceleration at the expense of mpg. On Eco setting you should average 60mpg minimum. The Hybrid dial makes it easy to drive economically. I like it, lots.

Submitted: 2011-04-13 | ID: 47689

George Andreou, Cyprus

Toyota Auris 2008

This is my second AMT car my first one was a 2005 Mitsubishi colt AMT. I am impressed by this car so much better. Don’t listen to all those people that slug off the automatic manual transmission. You just have to get used to it. If it’s your first car with this type of transmission it will feel that it is not good. It took me more than 6 months to get used to it ( on the colt). Now I know EXACTLY when a gear change is imminent, based on my revs, current speed, what gear is in the gearbox, pressure on the gas pedal. When I approach a roundabout I ease and regulate the pedal just enough to make 2 gear click in, then when I press the gas again if I hold it longer it keep 2 gear longer before change to 3. Also I have learned through experience with the car that if I have passengers gears will rev longer before change. Trust me when you get used to this autobox it is like you control it by telepathy. I am not an aggressive and this helps with this autobox. When you push it on up change you feel like you are thrown forwards. Also about the guy that already have changed 2 Electrical Power Steering boxes I have one suggestion. Never leave the car with the engine running and the steering turned more that halfway for any length of time. Always turn your wheels straight and only turn your wheel when you are about to move. That is because the motor of the EPS unit heats ups and shortens its life. And one advice to make your MMT last longer. On traffic jams don’t feather the gas on startup to cause the clutch to not be fully engage, be decisive so that it makes a clean start (jerk free). If you treat this car right it will last for ages.

Submitted: 2011-03-26 | ID: 47690

Dr Asim, Yorkshire

Toyota Auris mmt 2009

Hi guys , I totaly agree with people having problems with mmt gear box. I was thinking of buying one but while test driving I noticed the problem with the gear box, it’s not smooth especially 2nd and 3rd gear, very short, the car drops its revs and you feel thrown forward at times. When I told the dealer they said you will get used to it , and learn the trick to take pedal of accelator, which is bull ****t! Anyhow thanks for you guys giving honest reviews, this will help lot of people.

Submitted: 2011-03-11 | ID: 47692

U Bennett, London

Toyota Auris 1.6 Multi Mode 2011

I have been driving a Mazda 6 2.5 SL for the past 3 years and before that Audi A4 and BMW 3 series. Because of finincial reasons i had to take the plunge and go for a more eco car, I have driven the Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra and the Renault Clio but decided on the Toyota Auris as none of the competition came close, I have now owned the car for only a few days but am very pleased with it, It may not turn heads but I bought it for my own pleasure and not for the public. What has ’What Car’ got against Toyota? They should join up with those on that Bottom Gear tv programme. I feel very satisfied when I get behind the wheel of this car and am looking forward to years of happy motoring.

Submitted: 2011-03-09 | ID: 47691

Syd Taylor, Staffordshire

Toyota Auris 2011

The Auris comes. It’s the time chimes for the hybrid motor. As a motor industry mix, it’s a Herculean effort to throttle the many-headed Hydra of environmental catastrophe. A classic gesture for our times? Does it amount to nectar and ambrosia, or a disappointing tinful of processed rice pudding? I have to tell you that when I was stuck in a jam, I felt a real ’jammy dodger’ for this is the car that serves up sweetness on a plate without the nasty afterbite of hefty fuel and fume costs. With a jolt of volts, you’re on a roll (and it comes up ’lucky six’ everytime) with a lucky double of power alternatives under the bonnet. The Hybrid Synergy Drive technology comprises a 98bhp 1.8 4 cylinder petrol engine and an 80bhp electric motor driving through an electric CVT transmission controlled by a small lever/switch - just like the one used to control the USS Enterprise. This is not my favourite transmission system, but it does convey the feeling of a continuous power band. It’s not so much a hybrid, but more a way of life - and more a way of giving good sense a whirl. So - if you’re very green, the Auris could be the start of a beautiful friendship for you. My pal Dr. Frankenstein - who has always had a healthy interest in hybrids - swears by his. What one may lose in terms of rorty driving pleasure, one gains in relaxation behind the wheel and the mental relaxation of knowing one is doing the right thing for the right reasons at the right time and at the right place. Leave the fast lane ’johnnies’ to their own devices: for them perdition is just around the corner. But for you, you’ve turned the sunny corner towards commonsense, civic responsibility and consumer satisfaction. The new exterior styling of this 5 door 5-seater, very practical family hatchback (It’s also available with conventional petrol or diesel power) which, with the Navigation Pack and Pearlescent paint, costs a whopping £23,172 OTR in ’T Spirit’ spec. as tested - is pleasant and appealing. Inside it’s easy to get comfortable, with supportive seating and ample room to stretch out. The top T Spirit specification includes such features as Leather and Alcantara upholsterey, a rear view camera and cruise control: to name but three. You’ll also find the usual electrically powered adjuncts to modern motoring for the terminally atrophied. Similarly, life saving airbags abound - but these inflatable salvationists release noxious gases. A proper ’Greenist’ would surely sacrifice himself on the altar of purity, in line with his electric motor. Typical Toyota fixtures and fitting say, good ergonomics, good quality, good asembly and bomb-proof durability: it is a Toyota after all. The nickel metal hydride batteries don’t noticeably intrude on available space and the boot is only slightly compromised, but is big enough for most needs. Only a non-green cad though, would take excess luggage in these straitened times. Having driven this car for many test miles your correspondent was most impressed by the seamlessly smooth performance, excellent handling and fine ride qualities and the overall relaxing driving experience. (And so too was my most experienced colleague who has driven everything from a Stanley Steamer to The Batmobile. His declaration that "I like this car" was praise indeed). Whether bimbling in eco mode, whizzing in ’responsive’ sport mode to 112mph, or crawling in traffic on battery power alone, I wonder if the time has come to jetison uncertain connotations that append to the ’hybrid’ label and accept that Toyota have indeed ’squared the circle’, punched the ball in the eye, so to speak, and achieved what - for want of a better word - one might call ’total motoring’. There is a downside though. Boldly, Toyota claim 70.6mpg for urban, extra urban, and the combined cycle. I have to tell you now that, try as I might, the best figure obtained by your tubby correspondent was 64 mpg when pedalling gently. Urban consumption was considerably heavier and when scalping the Auris and using full afterburner, a thirst developed. That said, no longer should the hybrid represent in motorists minds, some sort of Jekyll and Hyde yoking together of incompatibles - for if ever there was a marriage of true minds, a settling of differences and a summit meeting of motoring maestros, then this has consummately been achieved in the twinning of internal combustion and ingenious electrics. The net result? A bright spark in anyone’s language. In today’s amphitheatre of alarm where worried motor manufacturers look heavenwards for inspiration as the gathering enemy growls, Toyota deserve the imperial thumbs-up for emerging victorious and spooning our future medicine in a sublimely acceptable way. The likes of Richard Hammerhead and Jeremiah Clark of Reverse Gear fame might well regard it as castor oil and grimmace - but Nanny knows best given the state of the planet today.

Submitted: 2011-03-04 | ID: 47680

Geoffrey Horn, Durham

Toyota Auris Saloon 2010

Can not meet alledged mpg. Do not like camera in rear view mirror, seems more suited for left hand drive, would prefer rear sensors.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-01-16 | ID: 47681

Sian Shaw, Cambridgeshire

Toyota Auris Hybrid 2010

Just test drove one of these, loved it so much I bought one. Do not believe negative comments on other sites, go and try one for yourself.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-01-14 | ID: 47682

Nick Howe, Lancashire

Toyota Auris mmt 2008

Whatever you DO NOT buy a car with the MMT gear box; they are dangerous! Ours would stick in 2nd gear when coming on/off motorway roundabouts (in ’E’ mode) and would constantly change gear at low speeds. The experience is unpleasant because even after a month it would change gear (thereby lurching you and other passengers forward) when you were least expecting it. Was told by Toyota that it was the way I was driving. I wish I’d looked on sites like this BEFORE we parted with our hard-earned money. We managed to change the car with the dealer for a larger model with CVR transmission but it will have cost us a lot of money; don’t really want to investigate how much! BE WARNED!

Hi I have just read your review on your Auris. Did you resolve this issue with the dealer etc please? I bought a 2007 Auris 1.6 10 days ago and have experienced everything that you have said too! I am really unnerved by the car and am now afraid to drive it anywhere where I have to pull out on to busy roads or join traffic on dual carriageways etc. There is no rhyme or reason for the way it handles but they tell me at the dealership that it’s my driving and that I will get used to it in time! I enjoyed driving before this car arrived in my life! :-( - from Sussex

Submitted: 2010-11-04 | ID: 47693

Paul McNeill, Ireland

Toyota Auris MMT 2009

I’ve had nothing but problems with it - 6 times it has been back to dealer since I got it. I’m waiting to hear back from Toyota Ireland...

Hi Paul, I know where you’re comming from with the problems you are having. I also have a mmt junk box, have heard all the bull***t from my dealer too. It is the worst gearbox by far, why don’t they just put a automatic gearbox in them? If you want a manaul car you buy one! - William Nolan from Ireland

Hi, I’ve got an Auris MMT and am having nothing but trouble. The gear box can’t decide which gear it wants to be in when driving up a slope. Then it will roll back while going 30 mph... - Chris W from Caerphilly

I’m thinking of buying a 2008 1.6 MM but am a little concerned with the transmission as its a little jerky at lower speeds when in auto mode but I’ve been told you can control this after you have being driving it for a while??? What sort of problems did you have??? - from Ireland

Hi! I bought a new 1.4 Toyota Auris diesel mmt about 4 months ago, the problems I am having is it sticks in first gear nearly revs out before it changes then it goes into 2nd then 3rd it gets confused. I have had it back to the dealer they said they reprogrammed the gear change and guess what? It’s still happening! I also have a vibration somewhere under the bonnet, which I never had before, it will be going back to them. I am afraid to say I am very disappointed with it, I would be an experienced driver as I drive for a living, what happens if it acts like this in the snow or ice? If it’s not sorted I will get rid of it, the only one that loses in this regard is me, probably thousands, take my advice stay away, if you want a semi auto look at the dsg or powershift gearboxs, i’m sorry I didn’t - Colin Nulty from Ireland

hi this true - from Argentina

hi this true - from Argentina

Submitted: 2010-06-04 | ID: 47674

Pauline McCaughey, County Antrim

Toyota Auris 2008

I bought the Toyota Auris after owning a Toyota Corolla Hatchback, which I loved. However I find the Auris squeaky and the boot is small . Engine pulls well, but feel could do with a sixth gear. Visibility not as good as the Corolla. I miss my Corolla!

Submitted: 2010-05-04 | ID: 47673

Philip Johnson, Gwynedd

Toyota Auris 1.6 TR 2007

I bought Toyota because of it’s legendary built quality. I have found the Auris as follows. Engine - quiet, pulls well - but would be better with 6 gears. Body work - great build quality. Interior - comfortable BUT has a major rattle problem from the front dashboard. It has suffered from a broken front seat! Dealer very polite but have the feeling that they will only replace a broken part but not really interested or have time to investigate an intermittent fault. It is due for a service so I will point out the rattle/creaking noise again and hope for the best.

Submitted: 2009-08-10 | ID: 47679

Rob, Cornwall

Toyota Auris 1.6 MMT 2008

The Auris is a great car - no problems with my Auris.

I bought my toyota auris semi automatic one week ago. Changing of gear is not smooth. As I read others people comments,I am worried if my car have any gear box problem. - Muhammad Ikram from Southampton

Submitted: 2009-06-16 | ID: 47714

Steve, Surrey

Toyota Auris 1.6 TR 2007

Full of rattles and squeaks. Needed new clutch after 15000 miles. Has had TWO replacement power steering motors. Fuel economy dropped noticeably after 1st service. Replaced gear lever gaitor (old one squeaked). Front passenger seat belt receptacle mounting squeaks - replaced once, now has to be lubricated as replacement also squeaked. I would NOT recommend this car to anyone.

Submitted: 2009-04-24 | ID: 47713

Simon Whitaker, Sussex

Toyota Auris TR 2008

I have recently been diagnosed as having MS and as I am now registered disabled. I was lucky enough to have the choice to acquire a new vehicle with a choice of thousands of cars on the motorbility scheme. The Toyota Auris was recommended to me and I am very pleased with the economy, comfort and quietness of the car. My requirements for any vehicle are governed by my disability coupled with a desire to be reasonably environmentally conscious. Economy is also a major consideration. The most interesting thing from my point of view was my decision on which vehicle to choose was governed by the efficiency and help from the garage from which we got the car. We were lucky enough to meet very helpful and competent service in every garage we tried. Although Damon at Toyota was very helpful and his kindness and efficiency definitely helped me decide on an Auris. I know nothing of cars but the Auris is comfortable, warm and easy to drive with plenty of storage. Just the job. As far as economy is concerned, we only took delivery last week, so it’s rather to early to give an opinion but if you believe the cars computer all seems set fair. Do buy an Auris for comfort, quietness and safety but try and buy and buy it from Damon at Toyota, St Leonards if you are looking for truthful, painless service.

Submitted: 2008-11-25 | ID: 47722

David Broadbent, Yorkshire

Toyota Auris Auris VVTi MMT 2008

I purchased the Auris mainly because of the MMT gear-box, I have always preferred a manual gear-box, but my partner can only drive a automatic due to a disability, now we have a car that is the ideal compromise, apart from that the performance is excellent and the MPG is more than I expected, on the downside the services are very expensive compared to other manufactures, but with the price of fuel as it is at the moment and it will get more expensive the better MPG you get from a car the better and if that also comes with better performance well that is a bigger bonus.

Submitted: 2008-09-03 | ID: 47724

Keith Harding, Staffordshire

Toyota Auris 1.6 t spirit 2007

I really like the smart entry and the cruise control. I don’t see the point in the automatic wipers and lights as we all know when its raining and getting dark. The Auris is very nice to drive and the 1.6 goes very well. I have had Toyota’s before including the Yaris, Corolla and now the Auris. They have all been good and reliable.

Submitted: 2008-08-26 | ID: 47723

David, Berkshire

Toyota Auris 1.6 TR 2007

I have had various Corolla’s since 1988 - my last one in ’05 and the Auris is the worst. Poor gear ratios, ridiculous gear shift light , knocking noise and feel through the steering wheel, and now the clutch is also making a knocking sound upon releasing the pedal. My dealer says don’t worry, you have got a 3 year warranty.. it will need it at this rate , cant wait to get rid.

Hiya, I have an Auris which is making a noise similar to yours when releasing the clutch pedal. Just wondered if you had managed to get yours fixed and if so what was the problem? I’ve had mine into the dealer and they don’t seem to know how to fix it!! - from Lancashire

Submitted: 2008-07-04 | ID: 47720

Lisa, England

Toyota Auris T Spirit 2007

Great car. Built well and priced fairly. A very comfortable drive and feels quite big inside. Mine has the multi mode transmission which I am still getting used to. However I find that having the versatility of driving it manually or auto is useful. This does not seem to compromise the speed of the vehicle for me. As I haven’t had the car long, only time will tell in terms of the overall performance and reliability but there are and have been a lot of Toyota’s in the family over the years so I expect there will be very few problems for quite some years.

Hi. Three years on, do you still have your Auris and did you get used to your MMT gearbox? I am finding mine a nightmare personally. So any tips you may have for driving it will be welcomed. Thanks - from Sussex

Submitted: 2008-07-01 | ID: 47718

Andy Tran, Aberdeenshire

Toyota Auris 2.0 d4d t3 2007

Fantastic car; well built, nippy, economical and supremely comfortable. Engineered to last with legendary dealer support. My first Toyota and certainly not my last.

Submitted: 2008-03-11 | ID: 47715

Judith Parker, Surrey

Toyota Auris 2007

I am having real problems with the Driver’s Smart Entry - sometimes the car will unlock and sometimes it won’t. Using the ridiculously small key is a real pain. Toyota shrugs their shoulders and talk about radio waves. They’ve changed the door receiver but it’s still the same. Has anyone else had this problem?

Submitted: 2008-01-14 | ID: 47716

Sanjay, Leicestershire

Toyota Auris 1.6 T3 2007

This car is reasonably priced, drives well & not too expensive to run. A good car, but nothing more than that.

Submitted: 2007-10-26 | ID: 47717

• A response has been made to Paul McNeill (09/06/2014 17:54:12)
  • A response has been made to Rob (05/06/2014 00:07:07)

• Camila Soto's question has been answered: "Hi,the fuse box on the 1.33vvti 2009 is on the right hand side of the engine compartment ,to the right of the air filter. - colin boyd from Antrim' '..." (05/09/2014 09:33:39)
  • sumaes renot's question has been answered: "How much is a set of heating plugs 2008? I put in a new battery and a new starter but it`s still not starting on the first turn in the mornings? I ha - Michelle oneill from County Tyrone' '..." (13/06/2014 12:51:12)

Toyota Auris

Hybrid 2010 - Residual values promise to be impressive as the car buying populace becomes more cost conscious and greener. Do not believe the myth that the Toyota Hybrid range of cars cannot achieve a great driving experience AND make sound economic and environmental sense… they can.

An image of the Toyota Auris Hybrid 2010

Toyota Auris

2010 Hybrid - After ten years and three generations of the Prius, Toyota has taken takes its latest Hybrid Synergy Drive powertrain and fitted it into the mainstream Auris. The new, built-in-Britain Auris Hybrid thus becomes the greenest, most powerful model in the range, and marks the start of Toyota’s plan to d [...]

Road Test Reports Says 4.5 star ratingFull Report
An image of the Toyota Auris 2010 Hybrid

Toyota Auris

2010 models - Launched in 2007 as the successor to the long-serving, record-selling Corolla, for 2010 the Auris has been restyled inside and out with revised suspension, newer Optimal Drive engines and spec enhancements. Although the Auris has been selling well in Europe, it’s far from a common sight on UK roads. [...]

Road Test Reports Says 4.5 star ratingFull Report
An image of the Toyota Auris 2010 models

Toyota Auris

2.0 D-4D 130 5-door - More Corollas were made than any other car in history, but despite that success the Corolla never really captured the hearts of UK or European buyers. For the latest model, launched in early 2007, Toyota started afresh by engineering it specifically for the European market. And they called it the Au [...]

An image of the Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D 130 5-door