Skoda Fabia Estate consumer car reviews and road tests

Skoda Fabia Estate consumer reviews by year of make:2008 2009 2011

Skoda Fabia Estate consumer car reviews

Michael Tavener, England

Skoda Fabia Estate Scout 2011

Great car, although I think going for the 17" wheels was not a good idea as you feel every bump and the alloy wheels are easily knocked. The 17 " tyres appear to have odd wear patterns despite regular tracking and tyre pressure checks. Only had a couple of very minor issues that are covered by the warranty; a sensor switch wire had become detached and the light in the lower glove box would not turn off, leading to a significant build up of heat in the top glove box. This was easily sorted by the dealer by removing the bulb until they do a proper fix next time it goes in for a service. I have done about 25,000 miles so far and get about 55mpg on a longer runs usually about 52mpg on shorter runs. This is probably due to my driving style, a more sedate driver could get more mpg I am sure. The care goes like a dream and handles very well making it a pleasure to drive, it is sublime. I like the whole unpretentious interior that is simple, tough, hard wearing, easily cleaned and ergonomic. This is a serious car good solid engineering without any gimmicks or showing off flash. It is a car to buy if you are after a car to use rather to pose in.

Submitted: 2013-02-01 | ID: 47157

Ernest McQuillan, County Antrim

Skoda Fabia Estate 1.4tdi 2008

I bought a 3 month old 1.4tdi in Jan ’09 and I regulary get 62mpg doing 60mph on a daily round trip of 60miles. A very comfortable car with good handling and plenty of space. Yes it is a bit noisy, but you have to realise it will run and run and is cheap to keep.

Submitted: 2011-08-14 | ID: 47158

Derek Chappell, Hampshire

Skoda Fabia Estate 1.4td 2008

Have just bought the motor four weeks ago and find it doing everything I want it to. I have spinal trouble but find it comfortable to drive. I have done a thousand miles since I bought it and find it so economical to run. I used to put £30 to £35 of diesel in my last car, a Peugeot Partner 1.6 td a week, but only put £15 to £20 in the Skoda, a great saving. Top gear is a bit high and very rarely get in to 5th gear, but soon got used to it. A great car, would buy another one.

Submitted: 2011-06-13 | ID: 47155

Craig Binnington, Yorkshire

Skoda Fabia Estate Scout 2009

Had the car 7 months, 50 mpg average 68 mpg at 56 mph from 1.9 litre engine (105 bhp). The build quality is superb, easily as good as VW. Great car to drive, especially at motorway speeds.

Submitted: 2010-07-17 | ID: 47156

John Osborn, Warwickshire

Skoda Fabia Estate 80 BHP 3 2009

This is my second new Fabia Estate, my first on an 56 plate was impressive. My 59 plate is better except for a water leak from the seal at the top of the drivers door. It has been back to the dealers for a "modified" seal - that did not work. It then went back to the dealers for them to put a solvent on the seal to expand it. This did not work, Skoda have at last admitted there is a problem, the dealers have stuck some plastic in the seal gutter as a temporary measure till Skoda have developed a new seal. They have recogniseD there is an international problem with their seals. The last effort to cure the leak has not worked either. I have had the car 9 months and covered 9000 miles.

Submitted: 2010-06-10 | ID: 47154

Len Day, Hertfordshire

Skoda Fabia Estate TD 1.4 2009

I find that the headlights are not so bright as one expects on a 09 car. On dipped they only light up 5 -6meters, not powerful enough on unlight motorways. On a drive back from Hastings on the A21 IN THE DARK,I FOUND IT QUITE FRIGHTENING. only one head lamp each side, not as good as VW.<br /><br />

2 bulbs in each headlight, one for dip beam and the other is for main bean no problem with mine - Keith Morgan from Flintshire

Submitted: 2010-03-28 | ID: 47151

Matt Dyson, England

Skoda Fabia Estate 2009

Good car! Good ride!

Submitted: 2010-02-26 | ID: 47153

Jim Memmott, Derbyshire

Skoda Fabia Estate 1.4TDi 2 2008

We’ve had the car 9 months and everything was OK until the car suddenly died on my wife one night on a lonely country lane. The car was recovered to the dealer who said the clutch was burnt out. They would have to replace the clutch and the flywheel and would not be covered under warranty even though the car has only done 21k (we’ve done 7k in it). They said it was driver abuse but this is the first time in over 35 years of driving that either of us have had a clutch replaced. Apart from this the car has been excellent except in the recent snow when it was useless. One wonders if the clutch can handle the constant gear changing required by the gutless engine (see other reviews).

Submitted: 2010-01-21 | ID: 47150

Robert McNeill, County Londonderry

Skoda Fabia Estate GreenLine 2008

I have had the Fabia GreenLine estate now for over a year and I am very pleased with the car. There is plenty of room for the grandchildren and anything I have to carry when the seats are folded down. I have one or two grumbles, The first is the gear ratios, the on;y time I can get into 5th gear is on good straight roads or the motorways. Third gear is used most times around town and I have got used to this now. The other thing is the Soot Particle Filter. This comes on if I have been doing a lot of slow town driving. A drive of about twenty minutes at 40 mph usually cures it, I say usually but I had problems during the winter when the roads were slippy and slow speeds were the only option and the light stayed on and even after a long run it wouldn’t go off, so I had to go to the dealer to get it fixed. The one big advantage of this car is the fuel economy. I have got 80mpg, yes 80, not all the time but even with third gear driving I can get 65mpg around town. I went to Belfast last week, a journey of about 70 miles, and the car averaged 70mpg, not bad for an estate. So a nice little car that won’t break the bank.

Submitted: 2009-07-16 | ID: 47160

Dave Haslam, Essex

Skoda Fabia Estate Greenline 2009

Not the most stylish car but it’s narrow width makes car parks easier to use with less risk of damage. Larger wheels (not an option) would improve its appearance. Very practical with the rear seat squab being removable in seconds should you require even more room. After 6000 miles the car is averaging 78.6 mpg. Sensible and very useful side pockets in the "boot". To date there have been no problems with the car.

Submitted: 2009-06-18 | ID: 47159

Mike Elisha, England

Skoda Fabia Estate 1.9 Tdi 2008

Very economical car, motorway/urban is 18.5 litres/km, plenty of power although the gearbox isn’t smooth or refined at all. One really feels and hears the diesel, Skoda should have improved sound dampening in the cabin. Steering is precise and cornering good but the suspension is incredibly hard on the slightest bump, quite jarring and the car tires you out because of this, it’s not really relaxed driving at all. Seat and driver position is excellent though with good support although some switches could be better placed, e.g. electric window buttons are too far back as I’m only 5’7" and would have to be over 6’ for my hand to sit comfortably on them. At night, interior illumination is very poor, leaving ventilation ports and ashtray area totally in the dark, they just cut costs. Very practical and spacious car even at back for 5 adults in all. A very boring car to drive with zero grace or refinement, it just gets you there.

Just done almost 3,000 miles on European motorways, including Germany’s no speed limit autobahns. 1.9 TDi just copes with anything you throw at it, it’s happiest at higher revs, just purring nicely. It will even cope with low idle revs in the 5th gear, just doing 30MPH in town (no hills where I come from). Excellent acceleration response even from 70 MPH up. Had 3 Saabs and 2 Audis previously, but this is the best car I ever had including comfort and fuel consumption. Loading space is more than adequate. Better than saloon AUDI A4. The engine has 170k and runs like new. After completing the above journey, the oil level was the same as at the start. What can I say? Well done Skoda! - Harry Eysa from England

Submitted: 2009-03-23 | ID: 47161

• A response has been made to Len Day (28/03/2010 14:44:13)
  • A response has been made to Mike Elisha (23/03/2009 10:19:41)

• "Our Skoda Fabia Estate’s tailgate is permanently locked and the lever beside the driver`s seat will not open it. Does anybody know what I can do plea..." (Charles Loughlin, 14/02/2014 08:45:02)
  • "My Skoda Fabia Estate has 65,000km on the clock. I have replaced 2 injectors, one in 2011 and now they say another one has gone. Can anyone can tell ..." (Catherine Casey, 04/02/2014 10:28:45)
  • "I have recently moved to Spain and I want to adjust my Skoda Fabia Estate`s headlights rather than having the temporary headlight adjustment stickers..." (Michael Sheridan, 09/01/2014 09:04:53)
  • "With the wet weather I have had problems with my Skoda Fabia Estate`s power steering. The light comes on and when I slow down at a junction the car c..." (David Baker, 21/10/2013 15:06:59)
  • "The rear folding seat of my Skoda Fabia Estate is locked in place and the button on the single side will not release it. There is no resistance when ..." (David Boyd, 05/07/2013 12:21:13)

• Roy's question has been answered: "Wish I knew the answer as I am having the same problem as you. No one appears to know why - Bill Bryant from England' '..." (19/09/2013 14:31:27)
  • David Boyes's question has been answered: "When you wash your car in wax water, clean your headlight with Glass cleaner this will stop your headlight misting! And do the same to the rear light. - Sidney Parker from Staffordshire' '..." (07/11/2012 08:53:31)

Skoda Fabia Estate

1.4 TDi GreenLine - The Skoda Fabia GreenLine Estate offers the perfect combination of space, fuel efficiency and sensible pricing. The ideal car for those who want watch their carbon waistline without compromising on lifestyle. A small car with surprising internal dimensions, the estate version of the Fabia GreenLine [...]

An image of the Skoda Fabia Estate 1.4 TDi GreenLine