Renault Clio Campus consumer car reviews and road tests

Renault Clio Campus consumer reviews by year of make:2006 2007 2008

Renault Clio Campus consumer car reviews

Lynda Moore, Nottinghamshire

Renault Clio Campus 2006

Great car. No problems, nice to drive, cheap to insure, cheap to run and low tax.

Submitted: 2014-01-14 | ID: 45844

Douglas Stewart, Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Renault Clio Campus Sport 2006

I have only had this car for a month, but it’s proving to be a fab little car and good fun to drive. I also have a Laguna, but I prefer driving the Clio purely due to the handling of it. It is very cheap to run. I looked at a few small cars, however, I think the Clio II is a very good looking car as well as being quite big inside so it was a no brainer as far as I was concerned. Great little car.

Submitted: 2011-09-05 | ID: 45843

Tom Casey, Durham

Renault Clio Campus 1.2 16v 2007

I bought this as my first own car, I’m 19... I find this little car to be brilliant! It’s great fun and grips to the road really, really well, it’s comfortable and really fuel efficient... Definitely a 5 star!

Submitted: 2010-08-27 | ID: 45842

Tony Stelfox, Kent

Renault Clio Campus 8 valve 2 door 2006

We brought our Clio on line, it came with free metallic paint and a CD upgrade, we paid £160 to have a sunroof fitted, the car itself is totally reliable, last year we drove from Kent up to North Yorkshire, got out fresh as a daisy and kept up with the traffic no problems, only gripe is the sunroof it squeaks when its closed have had Renault look at it but still does it , but overall a great little motor , will no doubt run it till it drops.

Try fixing a small piece of self adhesive foam to the catch, it works a treat on curing a squeaky sunroof - from Swansea

Submitted: 2009-06-26 | ID: 45845

Rosie Sanford, Bedfordshire

Renault Clio Campus 2008

My husband and I bought a Clio Campus 58 plate for our daughter. It’s a great little car apart from the accelerator which is horribly stiff and sticky to drive and you cannot drive smoothly in first gear in queuing traffic no matter how hard you try. I have had the accelerator cable replaced but it has made no difference. I have now taken it in to the garage to see what else they can do!

Same problem as Rosie, Pat and Charlotte. Has anyone had a satisfactory response from Renault? - from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2009-02-11 | ID: 45848

David Wood, Cambridgeshire

Renault Clio Campus 1.2 litre 16v sport 3 door 2008

I had a Clio 1.2 8 valve 2006 model - good trade in offer - bought 2008 sport version. It is much nicer inside - better instruments, alloys CD radio; the other one was good, this is better in every way except it has not got map pockets?? Does slightly better mpg; perhaps the mpg meter helps and the acceleration is better. Good road holding, good brakes very pleased overall - Jeremy Clarkson will probably sneer but he has got the BBC licence payer to pay for his motoring!

Submitted: 2009-01-12 | ID: 45847

Paul Vaughan, Yorkshire

Renault Clio Campus sport 2007

Just bought a Clio campus sport. Having had a Clio in the past I new what I was getting. The level of trim is good but do miss headlamp sensor and rain sensor which was on the last model which was a dynamique model. Love the sporty seats... Ride is good... very cheap to run. All in all fun little car.

Submitted: 2008-10-27 | ID: 45852

Pat, Scotland

Renault Clio Campus 2008

Just bought a 58 plate Renault Clio Campus, the accelerator had the same problem as Charlotte. Have had the problem fixed by having a longer (universal, non Renault part) accelerator cable fitted and given a three year warranty on the part by the dealer.

Submitted: 2008-10-22 | ID: 45851

Charlotte Hall, Durham

Renault Clio Campus 3 door 2008

Having just purchased a new 58 reg Clio Campus I am enjoying it but was wondering if anyone was having problems with the accelerator pedal being jerky when depressed slowly. Renault have assured me this is the case with all new Clio’s but I would appreciate any feedback or other opinions.

Submitted: 2008-09-25 | ID: 45850

Dawn Hood, Sussex

Renault Clio Campus 2008

Fantastic value - Big name brand, electric windows, central locking, remote control stereo on steering wheel, metallic paint , drives like a dream, drinks hardly any petrol, costs nothing to insure and still has the cool factor as its a Clio !!! VA VA Vooooom :-) Bargain - get one now.

Submitted: 2008-02-11 | ID: 45853

Jeremy Miller, Essex

Renault Clio Campus 5 Door 1.2 2007

After having looked at a variety of different small cars we came back to the Clio, partly because we have run one successfully before and partly because nothing else came close to its overall appeal. The offer that our local dealer came up with at nearly 30% off made buying a second hand car seem ridiculous. The good bits are: Build quality, Space, Fun to drive, Excellent at motorway speeds. Very quiet. Reasonable spec. These cars are so discounted that they are less expensive than real cheapies and very small offerings from the likes of Kia and Chevy. We are thrilled with it. Renault have just carried out a facelift on the Campus and started producing the 5 door again in February. If you’re looking for a well built tried and trusted small car that will give years of service with a touch of French style then go for this!

Submitted: 2007-12-07 | ID: 45854

Adam Garvey, Wiltshire

Renault Clio Campus 1.2 3dr 2007

The Campus is a fun car to drive, has good road handling and gets you from A to B nice and reliably. It is very cost effective to run and insure and not too expensive to buy but I’m told that the depreciation on this car is going to be quite hefty, which has kind of taken the wind out of my sales about it.

Submitted: 2007-10-24 | ID: 45855

• A response has been made to Tony Stelfox (26/06/2009 10:49:51)
  • A response has been made to Rosie Sanford (11/02/2009 08:58:18)

• "My Renault Clio Campus has a clicking/ticking sound from the panel on the front passenger footwell area when driving.What is causing this and how ser..." (Mary Jones, 29/10/2013 15:16:01)
  • "I have a Renault Clio Campus with 27,000 miles. The car starts and runs well, good performance and economy. A warning light comes on on tickover, the..." (David Wood, 29/10/2013 10:08:03)
  • "My Clio failed its MOT today for "steering column universal joint has excessive play". Could anyone advise me on the best solution to fix this proble..." (Jeff Shephard, 11/03/2013 16:32:47)
  • "My Renault Clio Campus` water tank has emptied out and the water is just pouring out, but it is not from the tank and doesn’t look to be from the pip..." (Hayley, 08/01/2013 12:46:04)
  • "My Renault Clio Campus` wipers have stopped working. The fuse has been checked. Are there any relays as I cannot get them to work? Thank you...." (Alex Gallagher, 07/12/2012 08:40:56)

• Joanna McGraw's question has been answered: "It sounds like one of your ABS sensors are faulty. Have them checked out - Paul Snape from Cheshire' '..." (30/01/2012 09:49:27)

Volkswagen Golf