Proton

29 July 2014

Proton Impian consumer car reviews and road tests

Proton Impian

Proton Impian consumer reviews by year of make:2001 2002 2005 2006 2007 2008

Proton Impian consumer car reviews

Clifford Naden, Herefordshire

Proton Impian 2001

I have had my Proton Impian for seven years and touch wood, 75,000 miles later, no problems.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-07-25 | ID: 45756

Ian Corley, Hertfordshire

Proton Impian GSX 2006

I purchased my 2006 impian in 2007 it was an ex-management car and well looked after by Proton UK. Unlike other people here I do not pass judgement on a certain model of car after just trying one, the 2006 model I owned was a good car comfortable and well put together. I part exchanged my 2004 Satria sport for it because I needed a car with more space inside, nothing went wrong with the Impian, but a drive to the proton service centre in Hemel Hempstead would have put any problem’s right. At present I own a 2008 Proton Gen 2 Saloon, the only probem with a metallic colour is you have to have the panel resprayed as well in order to match it up, but that’s true of any metallic car. Obviously there are some people who buy a Proton and expect it to drive and handle like a Lotus or GTI golf, all very well if you want to spend 15k to 20k on a hot hatch.

Submitted: 2010-08-15 | ID: 45755

Ian Corley, Hertfordshire

Proton Impian GSX 2002

I bought this car in 2003, it was one year old and a Proton dealer’s Ex- demo car it cost £8999.00 and I wished I had never bought it. It had covered 10000 only and the first time I took it on the motorway the head gasket blew. The next time I went over 50mph , an oil seal let go, a few week’s later I was checking the fluid level’s and saw oil weeping from the head gasket as it turned out the salesman who had run the car from new had not run the car in properly and not taken the car over 50mph in the 10000 mile’s 1 year in which he ran it so everytime I took it over 50mph something would blow. After a year I’d had enough but it has not soured my owner ship of owning a proton (read review of owning 2006[56] impian GSX) I swapped the 2002 impian for a pre-reg new 2004 Satria sport 1.5Lxi.

Submitted: 2010-08-15 | ID: 45754

Sean, Lancashire

Proton Impian GSX Auto 2005

Hopelessly underpowered with four passengers in, very noisy on motorway and very poor quality paint finish which scratches very easily indeed. Was ’conned’ into having the ’Diamond Bright’ package which did damn all to protect paint. Very high road tax due to high emissions on auto version. Exhaust completely rotted off and was replaced on final day of warranty!! Would never buy another Proton, as this is the 3rd model I’ve bought new, and all were full of faults as follows: Jumbuck, handbrake virtually useless, no rear lights working, way too cramped and noisy. Satria GTi, complete joke, hideously underpowered, girlfriends Fiesta 1.6 Zetec blew it away every time, and lousy brakes too. Impian auto, gutless, noisy, crap paint, high insurance/road tax, and rubbish electrics too (all elec window switches failed just after warranty expired). To sum it all up: they are rubbish, buy a proper car instead...

Submitted: 2009-06-11 | ID: 45757

Dennis Richards, Yorkshire

Proton Impian 1.6 GSX 4dr 2008

It has a decent boot and comes with air con and a CD player. It’s fine to drive if you want to nip to the shops and back but other than that don’t waste your money. Awful.

Submitted: 2008-04-24 | ID: 45759

Wendle Kitts, London

Proton Impian 1.6 GLS 110 2007

Good spacious car, seats 5 adults comfortably. Very noisy though when on the motorway. The steering is good and lots of space in the boot. Rear parking sensors are a nice perk. Decent enough CD player. Resale value is low.

Submitted: 2007-10-27 | ID: 45758