Peugeot Expert consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot Expert

Peugeot Expert consumer reviews by year of make:1997 1998 2000 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012

Peugeot Expert consumer car reviews

michael dickinson, Antrim

Peugeot Expert 2004 - 2006

My 2006 expert van has 120000 miles on it, fantastic van, it's the 815 peugeot engine so it's not the quickest van but will do 80 mph all day ever day. The thing I love about this van is the engine noise, it must be the quietest van I've ever drove "and I've drove a lot of vans" it really does drive like a car. I also love the radio/cd controls on the steering wheel, really handy and TWO sliding doors which are rare on the astronomically over priced V W Transporter. I recently test drove a number of V W Transporters as I was thinking of upgrading, I love the look of the transporter but it's so bloody noisy, it has like most vans that big ugly diesel sound clattering away like a tractor, I was so glad to get back into my peugeot. Why is the peugeot engine SO GOOD and SO QUIET and by the way NO RUST at all on my 2006 expert, the only down-side to my van is it's looks, it's the funny looking old shape. If V W Transporters had the Peugeot engine it would be the best van in the world , HOWEVER, it doesn't, it has that bloody loud tractor engine in it and I blame all those CAMPER FREAKS for the ridiculous price GO TO A BLOODY HOTEL AND ENJOY YOURSELVES . So now I'm KEEPING my own van because it drives like a car, but I must admit the V W Transporter is "for me anyway" the best looking van on the road today.

Submitted: 2014-08-23 | ID: 102002

Jason, Yorkshire

Peugeot Expert 2007

Bought a Peugeot Expert 57 reg. I’ve only had it 6 months and had nothing but problems: steering rack, anti pollution warning light , cutting out losing power only revving to 2750 to 3000. Seems to me to not be a good van. - Jason from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2013-10-27 | ID: 45573

John Paul Wolfe, Vale of Glamorgan

Peugeot Expert L2 H2 2009

The biggest load of garbage I have ever owned, I have had it for 7 months and I have broken down 47 times! That’s an average 6.71 times per month - all with the anti-pollution and engine warning light! I’m fed up of taking it to the garage and buying EGR valves and power steering pumps. If you are thinking of buying one please don’t, buy a different brand. Peugeot Expert? Peugeot are surely NOT!

Submitted: 2013-06-30 | ID: 45571

Dave Kimble, Wales

Peugeot Expert 2000 hdi 2011

Had mine for two years. The only problem with them is there are not enough of them on the road. Mine is out every day and has just passed its MoT. No problems and drives like a car, brilliant!

Submitted: 2013-04-18 | ID: 45572

Perry Everitt, Essex

Peugeot Expert E7 taxi 2012

Brand new E7 taxi bought 1st November 2012. After 14,000 miles the engine management light came on went into limp mode. Peugeot wiped the codes and all was well until 15,000 miles when it went into limp mode again. They changed the fuel filter, but it still has intermittent loss of power. Now it has an oil leak so is going in for 2 days to fix that. This taxi has 18,000 miles on it and in this time it’s had 4 days off the road being repaired, that’s one day per month. I dread to think if it makes it to 100,000 miles, it will be 2 days per week!

Submitted: 2013-04-01 | ID: 45552

Dave P, England

Peugeot Expert 2012

I’m at the moment looking to replace my Lti Tx2 which has 200,000 +miles on the clock. It’s been and still is a great workhorse regardless of what some may say about the Ford engine. Once fitted with a solid flywheel and the latest timing chain 100,000 miles ago I had no problems at all apart from the odd maintenance issue. I was looking at the latest E7 auto. It sounds good on paper and you do get a lot of car for your money, yet listening to current and past owners and reading internet reviews I think I’ll stay with my trusty and albeit slighty rusty Tx2. All I hear is how bad Cab Direct can be. This company should have realised by now that treating customers with respect goes a very long way and conjures future business from possible customers, such as myself. Remember, a poor service will result in telling more than 50% more people about the experience. I only wish Lti or Ltc as they’re now known would also listen to customer’s wants and invest in a engine that will stand up to the rigours of Britain’s roads; I’m sure they would gain many customers back who flocked to the alternatives with disappointing results.

Submitted: 2012-07-20 | ID: 45553

Fintan O Connor, Ireland

Peugeot Expert 1.6 2008

A terrible van with poor build quality. The parts are really expensive on the new model compared to old and don’t you just need loads of parts for these vans now? Mine has so far needed a power steering pump, bushes, anti roll bar x 2 and I have lost count of how many ball joints. One problem just leads to another.

Submitted: 2012-03-23 | ID: 45563

Robert Workman, County Antrim

Peugeot Expert e7 2005

For those that are having problems with their battery draining and are having to be jump started, try the glow plug relay motor, which can be seen on the left hand side of the engine bay as you look at it. I had the same problem and took it to many places to try and fix it before finding a very good mechanic who I trust and keeps me on the road.

Submitted: 2012-02-29 | ID: 45564

Den Petes, Ireland

Peugeot Expert 2007

After the first year it needed a new steering rack, which was done under warranty. Then the bushings went. Then I had to have a wishbone replaced. Then last year it needed a new turbo. Then, for the last month, I’ve had a light saying ’low fuel’, but the fuel was checked and I was told it was a bad sensor. Yesterday the van stoppped without warning and had to be towed to a garage. Today I have been told the engine has seized up and I am assured it will be very expensive to replace!

I have to agree with Den - John Cameron from Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Sounds like poor maintainence. - Kevin Mac from England

Submitted: 2012-02-19 | ID: 45560

Martyn Collins, Northamptonshire

Peugeot Expert e7 2007

I would have put zero stars if that had been possible. The new shape e7’s are the worst taxis ever made, mine was purchased from Cab Direct. The floor collapsed and they wont repair. The EGR valve has gone twice in 10 months and has now gone again on New Years Eve night, the busiest night of the year! God knows how much this thing has cost in the last year. It’s had a starter motor 1 week ago and a new battery. I have replaced the cv gaters, cv joints, tyres, anti-roll bars, clutch, fly wheel and it still judders. Peugeot, Kettering, wouldn,t even look at it even though we complained the same day we picked it up after they replaced it all and wanted another £1500 up front before they would even take a look. There are loads more bits and bobs that have needed attention, too many to list. Peugeot after care? There is none! Cab direct? Nada! Do NOT buy this vehicle unless you are rich enough to repair it and lose all your taxi work.

Hi I must admit I bought ours in the June/July and I have had it in the garage with the exact same problems week after week and I am not joking. The stress and time and money I have lost is unbelievable. I have made the biggest mistake buying this e7 Peugeot taxi. I have lost all income like yourself, it happened to me all over xmas. I had no work because the damn thing was broke all the time and now to top it off, the antipollution light has come on and the side step to come in to the passagner has snapped and the floor inside were the disable ramp comes in and out has come out of the brackets and once wheelchair is in the ramp, it’s too difficult to push back under. I am really considering getting rid of it, the only thing that is holding me back though is I have replaced everything new on it and lack of money - Robert Ruscoe from Wrexham

Robert, sorry to hear your problems, it is the same story over and over with these vehicles. We are at a point where we can’t afford to replace. Thank God for credit cards. If you can get rid do it now before it gets worse. A person in Birmingham that deals with these engines day-in day-out says that he is replacing them weekly on taxis up there, they are not built for a taxi life. My wife and I both drive this vehicle, if it’s ever working so its took both our incomes. Get rid ASAP - Martyn Collins from Northamptonshire

Latest update blows other repairs we have had done since New Years Eve, Turbo went, £1,300.00 + later, week after that, Fuel pump, put it in garage, now the engine seized whilst in there. Is there no end to this E7 nightmare, two years unlimited mileage warranty with Allied vehicles is non-existant, do the people that answer the phones at Cab Direct customer service work for some secret government agency that must give the customer "NO" aftersale care at all, be as vague as possible and then dismiss you with a "well it was a used vehicle Mr Collins!"? 31st Jan 2012 and still waiting to get cab back, no end in sight, have paid out more in January than the vehicle is worth. Is that possible? Yes, yes it is. Do not ever trust a certain company from Scotland selling used E7s with a mystery warrenty that you should just use for toilet paper. Do not buy a Peugeot E7 for the use of a taxi. Don’t do it, you will lose everything trying to pay repair bills. I wish I could meet the person that designed these new shape E7s, he definately needs to be sacked, sued, shot, hung, drawn and quartered, oh and I would let my wife give him a piece of her mind too. How dare they make a vehicle that is so not fit for purpose. Sort yourselves out Peugeot; you too, Cab Direct, your customer base needs help. God I wish they cared but they don’t - Martyn Collins from Northamptonshire

I have 1.6 expert 57 plate, until 80k my expert as been fault free, soon as reached 80k it become bad. Plastics breaking, shaking when acellerating found out drive shaft gone, in fact casing had cracked, anti polution light on and very sluggish , test read fuel switch faulty so replaced ok for day but again problem even worse, when trying to start in morning have to try a dozen times before power stays on as engine keeps dying. Management light on and anti polution fault appears after getting it started it ok after 5 mins and warning light goes out, but today when doing 70 on motorway van management light has come again and anti polution and van power cut out leaving hard shoulder option only. After 2 mins van was ok again back on journey and happened again 3 miles later. I have noted from various blogs these vans become a problem after 80k with these issues. I wish I had noted this before would have avoided the stress - James B from Leicestershire

I'm managing to hang on to my 2007(old shape) Peugeot E7 as long as possible.I've heard so many stories like these it's disgusting. Similar experiences from CabDirect-once they have sold you a vehicle you are on your own. I bought mine 2nd hand and fortunately our "easy" licensing Officer at the time let me put it on without the conversion certificate. I rang CabDirect to ask for on and they said the price was £1000.00 for a duplicate-YES a grand. I asked the salesman how they warrant that price and the reply was "cos we can Sir". I asked to speak to a Director to explain to me how they came to that price and yes, I'm still waiting for that call. I hate Cabdirect. - from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 2012-01-03 | ID: 45555

Paul McConaghy, Northern Ireland

Peugeot Expert 2 litre hdi 2005

The Expert has been my 5th van and I have owned it since new. It has 144000 miles on it now and has just passed psv again. It is also still running on the original brake shoes on the rear, which incidentially have never been adjusted for handbrake, original exhaust, battery and clutch and starts without issue every morning. Now I hope that I have not created a jinx on myself by stating how good the Peugeot has been. P.S. I have been told that the new model would not be as reliable so I’ve no idea what I would replace it with.

Submitted: 2011-11-30 | ID: 45554

Gary Flintoft, Yorkshire

Peugeot Expert e7 2008

I got this e7 Peugeot Expert taxi from Allied Vehicles and so far it as had four clutches and flywheels, two antiroll bars, new discs and the culch is going again! When you phone the dealer they do not want to know.

Submitted: 2011-10-12 | ID: 45569

Jarratt May, Surrey

Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDi model 2003

Mine has done 80,000 miles and is the best van I’ve ever had. It has been 100% reliable in the 3 years I’ve owned her and has sailed through every MOT with no issues whatsoever. The only money I have spent has been for new tyres. I would keep it even if I didn’t need a van anymore, as I have never had a vehicle this reliable.

Submitted: 2011-10-10 | ID: 45570

Peter Granville, England

Peugeot Expert L2 57 plate 1.6 /07 2.0 2007

I have 2 of these, a 1.6 and a 2.0. I had no end of issues with the 2.0ltr having the cluch, flywheel, antiroll bar and drop arms , powersteering pump replaced all under 60k. Since the warranty expired it’s had 2 egr valves, flywheel, top suspention mount, 3 lower arms and a wheel bearing done. I got it in Oct ’08 with 22k on it and now have 159k. The other is ok and for a 1.6 and pulls well fully loaded with 8 passengers and luggage, but is a little laboured on moving off. I’ve Had nothing to do on this and its got 102k on. The space is good on both although the twin front seat is only good for slim people. The 2ltr is a better drive though and generally comes with aircon.

Submitted: 2011-09-11 | ID: 45565

Steve Atkinson, Cheshire

Peugeot Expert 2008

I’m a single operator on the Wirral with a regular customer base; they all love the luxury of all that space! This unfortunately is the only plus; wishbones needed to be replaced, problems with inner and outer gators, it has needed a new drivers side window mechanism unit, the alternator needed replacing and now the drive shaft is making a terrible rumbling noise. I’ll be taking it down to the garage next friday for new drive shaft! I’m not looking forward to the next four years; Cab Direct sell the bus to you then wipe their hands of the whole affair. If you are looking for a taxi don’t go near one of these, please!

I agree, Cab Direct are rubbish, they sell your warranty on to an independent company who will try their best not to spend any money on your cab even arguing with the garage about the time jobs take and the cost of repair - James Hodgson from Lincolnshire

I am looking at Peugeot Expert 1.6 tdi swb van, just wondering is it worth buying or go for another van? Thanks - James Urn from Cheshire

Submitted: 2011-07-28 | ID: 45566

Sue Fisher, Scotland

Peugeot Expert HDI WAV 2005

Chose 1 star as zero isn’t available. Rubbish vehicle. Parts are expensive, have to be bought from Peugeot and in my experience have never been delivered earlier than 4 days from order date. This is no good with a wheelchair dependent child and no public transport where we live. Peugeot has effectively imprisoned my son at home every time repairs are needed. These have varied between a new power steering pump pipe needed after only 62,000 miles. A new driver side wing mirror when some numpty knocked it off and left without letting me know! A new exhaust which it is in the garage awaiting delivery of now after only 68,500 miles. What a pile of rubbish!! Will not ever buy Peugeot again and certainly will do all I can to discourage friends from buying!!<br /><br />

Think uv been bit unfair to the van, ur local peugeot franchise might be slow getin parts. After market or oem parts are readily available for next day delivery and a exhaust after equvilent 2 1/2 times around the world isn’t bad. Have had mine for 3 faultless years (2006 2.0l hdi), great power, good mpg, good loading space. Keep thinking of changing, but after reviews of all the modern vans I think I’ll stick with wot i got. People are even goin bak to vw t4 after expensive repairs with vw t5 vans nd vw are known for reliablity. All of them are trying to squeks every penny of profit out of them and it shows - Gareth Duhson from England

Submitted: 2011-04-12 | ID: 45532

Leonard Stevens, England

Peugeot Expert 2.0 6-speed 2010

Now on third failure of EGR valve, vehicle off road, not earning its keep (which is the object fo a van). Dreadful lack of torque at low revs. Not anywhere near as economical as claimed. Forty years of PSA vehicles - this may be the end of the road (forgive the pun).<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-04-02 | ID: 45531

Peter Peters, Essex

Peugeot Expert hdi 2006

I have a 2006 Expert hdi, I have owned it for nearly 2 years, I am fairly pleased, but I have had problems starting from cold during the winter. Took it into main dealer, glow plugs replaced, fuel pump replaced, they traced air entering into fuel lines hence diluting the mixture. They replaced the lines, they had it for a week tested it said it was now ok, spent a fortune. It has been cold again (last week) and would you believe it will not start on the key, starter spinning fast enough etc, have to bump start every morning, which it fires up after about 20ft downhill. I have decided to keep it until Autumn then chop it in for a Connect.

Be carefull with connect tdci range. Ur beter goin for old tddi much more reliable - Gareth Duhson from England

Submitted: 2011-03-13 | ID: 45529

Mark Purnell, Herefordshire

Peugeot Expert 2008

I only put one star because I can’t select zero. My brother bought this pile of junk for a taxi, what a big mistake. This truck spends more time in the garage than it does working! It has needed: Anti roll bars x3, front tyres to many to remember, a new clutch, bulbs, wishbones, c/v joints, gater covers, plus loads of other problems. Other taxi proprietors have had the same problems. Wouldn’t touch one of these again even if it were free! If you’re looking for a work van/taxi then go for another make.

My E7 taxi is in now for its third anti-rollbar. The dealer said there’s no problem with these. Odd isn’t it this has had three in just 47,000 miles yet my Transit Minibus has had a set of bushes (not arms) in 200,000 miles. Absolute bag of sh*t - Nigel Ayton from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2011-02-27 | ID: 45534

Adam Howarth, England

Peugeot Expert 2000

Well where do I begin with this little beauty? I’ve owned it for about 5 years after grabbing it off my boss with 111k on the clock and in that time it has asked absolutely nothing of me. Sitting proudly now at 180,000 miles she just keeps on going, having done trip after trip up to Leeds (I live in Oxford) and months going down to Bournemouth she shows no sign of slowing down. 15 sheets of plasterboard on her roof, 40 concrete blocks in the back and its as if she’s laughing at me and to add the final WOW factor i found her under 4 feet of water when we incurred floods back in ’07. The next morning...turn the key for a few minutes and hey presto! you have yourself a working van. Peugeot you guys are leaders and if it wasn’t for the fact I need a bigger van (like a boxer) I’d have her indefinitely. Highly, highly recommended.

I agree I have had my Y reg (2001) for almost 5 years and travel from Scotland to South West France and back at least twice a year. The first two years, the back was filled to the brim with wardrobes, beds etc and the good old van did me proud. It starts first time even after sitting outside in the snow for five days. I don’t want to change it as I am very pleased but I may have to as I have grandchildren now and can’t find a child seat that does not have seatbelt crunch when fitted to the rear benchseat - Val Bartlett from Scotland

I have a 1998 1.9 td it pulls like a train. It’s my main van for my caravan business towing caravans all over the country. I have only had service work done on it over the last five years. The only fault is the sincro on third gear was gone when I got it but its still going strong - Berry Bentload from Wiltshire

Submitted: 2011-01-16 | ID: 45536

Richard Harrigan, Worcestershire

Peugeot Expert 1.9 Diesel 2004

Just had brake pads and discs replaced and now when you use the brakes once they won’t work a second time. Master cylinder has been changed. There seems to be a few cases like this but no answers yet.

I’ve got the same problem, van went in to get front pads and discs changed about a month ago, since then the brake pedal locks randomly. I’ve had them checked by 2 companies, both say nothing is wrong as it never locks on their test run. Now the front brakes are starting to stick. I see on the internet that it’s a common problem - Ian Robinson from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 2010-11-09 | ID: 45547

David Hamer, Cheshire

Peugeot Expert 2007

I have a 57 reg L1H1 variant of the new body shape Expert. It’s also the lower powered 1560cc TD unit. It is comfortable to drive and generally ok...but will it last 5 years without significant further investment? All note: Bushes on front anti roll bar fail - they have on mine at 18K miles and did on a mate’s 2.0 L1H1 at 55K miles although he said he’d been driving with this knocking over the last year (15K) and wasn’t terribly worried. It was only when I pointed out my problems that he took it in in the last month of it’s warranty..£1,000 saved. This must be a known issue. If yours has failed in the 4th year of ownership I’d push on Peugeot to fix as a warranty item. My mate had his dual mass flywheel fail from about 45K miles onward. My clutch is now getting snatchy at 20K miles. Mmm is it the clutch or the fly wheel??? Brakes are disc on front and drum on back on the 1560cc L1H1 and they’re c**p. Not helped by the ABS not working. It’s been in a couple of times for attention. Not really improved. I may live to regret the day that I decided to not buy the Toyota Hiace... if only Toyota did a more fuel efficient 2.0L Hiace instead of the thirsty 2.5L. Overall, the van looks good and is comfortable to drive. Would I buy another? Probably not. I don’t expect maintenance issues, like the anti roll bar before 20K miles. Anti my mates replacement of flywheel at 55K.

It really depends how well you look after them. All French vans are reliable if there serviced reg and well maintained - Alec Semple from Scotland

Ok, an update on my previous report: The anti-roll bar was previously replaced at 18K miles due to bushes deteriorating. The bushes are ’welded’ to the anti roll bar. Now at 54K miles the bushes have gone again. So this is an improvement on the previous item. But should I not expect this item to last more than 35k miles. Now the steering rack has started to leak fluid and I’m researching options to repair or have replaced. A refurbished unit will cost around £130 with return on the faulty unit and probably around £200 to replace. Not happy - David Hamer from England

Submitted: 2010-09-26 | ID: 45549

Bobby Sherry, Buckinghamshire

Peugeot Expert l2hihdi136 2009

Without doubt the best van I have ever had, it drives like a car, it’s powerful, roomy and has been totally reliable and very economical. It not only looks the part it does the bizz. Well done Peugeot.

The E7 new shape is the biggest pile of junk ever made. I think you should read all the other posts concerning this appalling vehicle - from Hampshire

Submitted: 2010-09-07 | ID: 45542

Michael C, Staffordshire

Peugeot Expert 1.6 hdi 90 L2 H1 2008

In my opinion Peugeot vans are fantastic, but as most of you’s know the new Bipper, Expert and Boxer aren’t proper Peugeots, they are made by Sevel and are designed by Fiat whilst some of them use a proper PSA Peugeot Citroen engines instead of Fiats un-reliable JTD Multi-Jets.

Submitted: 2010-08-28 | ID: 45544

Keith Barns, England

Peugeot Expert 2004

I’ve owned a VW Caddy for 5 years but out grown it. After spending a year trying to find a VW Transporter with electric windows remote central locking electric mirrows a/con tinted glass etc as I spend a lot of time in my van so I want some luxury. I only wanted to spend max £2750 and no older than 2002. Then I saw a Peugeot Expert HDI for sale 2004 model old shape gleaming laquard white body with all the toys I wanted, even parking sensors, the CD player has a great sound too, excellent dash layout, Superb gear lever position built into dashboard, engine plenty power 2.0 16v HDI, very smooth and quiet too. I’ve chipped mine up 135bhp top seed 117mph and average 36mpg, perfect. I’ve owned this for 4months now and 8,000miles and I’m delighted 102,000 on the clock and every thing perfect solid build, no rattles, great twin side loading doors, good comfortable seats and driving position with excellent visability, positive steering and brakes. It always starts on the button uses no oils and waters, in fact I cannot fault it. This may sound crazy but I also own a 3 year old volvo S60 D5 185BHP and I never use it anymore as I prefer to drive the van. Also 2 days ago I had a chance to drive a 2002 VW Transporter 2.5 wow so glad I never bought one, engine is so noisey it sounds like it’s inside the cab, much less power than mine everything was manual and hard work no luxury not a joy to drive at all.<br /><br />

It’s so good to hear the truth. I am looking for a new van and you are pointing me in the right direction... away from this one! I bought a new, old style Berlingo recently and, OK, it’s a bit basic but for what I paid for it it’s mustard. I got the feeling the new range was rubbish on the design board - Howard Nowell from Berkshire

Submitted: 2010-08-27 | ID: 45545

Kevin French, Essex

Peugeot Expert 1997

I have owned my 1997 s/h Peugeot Expert for 10 years, now only replacing tyes, clutch, battery, brake linings etc... I am horrified to read the accounts of the newer models! I would now like to replace my faithful friend for another? I have read reports on the new Peugeot Expert Tepee, Renault Traffic, Opel Vivero, Mercedes Vito and there is hardly a good word to say about any of them. I REALLY NEED ADVICE BADLY -" sooner rather than later PLEASE??? Confused!!!

Don’t buy a Peugeot Expert, I had an old 56 plate and it was excellent, 45 mpg fully loaded. This new 59 plate only does 32 and it will not start up hills. I have written to Peugeot and they said it their new design and I should not compare the 2. I have to get rid of it soon or it will fall apart, utter c**p! - Griff Thomas from Gwynedd

The new modle E7 is a pile of junk, apalling build quality. We have spent a total of £8000 keeping it on the road this year alone! I can’t coment on other cabs, but I can only stress from 3 years experience of this vehicle. DON’T BUY THE NEW MODEL PEUGEOT E7. It will drain every penny you have - from Hampshire

Submitted: 2010-08-05 | ID: 45539

Brian, County Fermanagh

Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI 120 L1HI 2007

This van is pure rubbish and the reason is because they are just FIAT SCUDOs with a PEUGEOT logo up front. All FIATs are rubbish.

Submitted: 2010-05-23 | ID: 45513

Jim Traynor, Ireland

Peugeot Expert L1H1 2007

I have my 2 litre about 18 months now and am getting depressed reading reviews. Interested to hear that people have had starters replaced, mine gave up in Feb and the garage told me it was due to driving in the floods of last winter. I must confess I was guilty of treating it like a boat.The front anti roll bar bushings are worn, currently waiting on new bar to come from France. Is it a big job to replace these? One garage told me 4 hours labour. Lately the driver’s window only operates when it chooses. It has been recalled twice for electronic downloads or something.

Submitted: 2010-05-21 | ID: 45514

Leslie Bateman, Northamptonshire

Peugeot Expert 2006

My van is used to carry our wheel chairs, only 17500 miles on clock in three years, I don’t think much of it. We got the plain 1900cc, it has no guts.<br /><br />

Get a hdi 06 or older t there great! Plenty of power - Gareth Duhson from England

Submitted: 2010-02-03 | ID: 45515

Tony, Lincolnshire

Peugeot Expert 2008

A thoroughly appalling machine. Bump and torque steers. Power is unpredictable, it appears to have no bottom end torque at all. ABS is unpredictable and comes on way too early. Bits fall off, admittedly only small plastic ones, like the electric window switches disappearing into the door! The flywheel failed within a couple of thousand miles of the thing been delivered (if you feel pulsing vibration through the clutch pedal when slightly depressed, that will be it starting to fail). Drivers side sliding door fell off. The bolts at the rear, which hold the stop were loose. Well 2 were, the third was cross threaded. (This can only occur when opening the door though it cant fall off when shut.). Fuel cooler under chassis rail on left hand side has been torn off twice by water, causing a loss of fuel, power and temper. More bits have fallen off. The fuse box is almost totally inaccessible, especially when you need to change a fuse at night. The left indicators sometimes do not work. The radio has something called ’economy mode’ .This makes you run the engine every five minutes if you want to listen to the radio whilst having lunch. Other than that, it’s noisy and uncomfortable. Oh, the windscreen wipers work well. Did I mention, bits keep falling off?

Must say before I go on the only reason I bought the new shape expert was because I had an old shape expert on a T plate that had done 290k and 210 of them I did with out a single problem! The new one at first, yes it was different, then things started to go wrong. First the parking sensors that seem to have a mind of their own, then the driver’s window that keeps going down by itself. I’ve had it in to the dealers several times and they’re still not right and now with only 35k on the clock and at two years old the fly wheel has gone. Peugeot now want £600 just to look at it then decide whether it’s covered under warranty. 35k AND A NEW FLYWHEEL? PLEASE! I’m an engineer by trade and if I told someone that I’d be out of work in no time. This is my own van so I’m not a boy racer trying to get home yesterday. Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem with the flywheel and what the outcome was? - from Lancashire

I have the Expert Taxi, it’s had 2 clutches in 40000 miles - Perry Everitt from Essex

I have the e7 which has had 4 flywheels in the last 15 months. It seems the more it’s replaced the less miles it does - David Chisholm from Moray (Elgin) and Nairn Shire

I have a 59 plate l12.0hdi and it has done 28,000 in ten months. I have a problem with hill starts, I can select first gear and the van will run back and black smoke comes out from under the bonnet, when I told Peugeot about this all they say is that I shouldn’t carry weight in a van all the time and the new design should not be compared to the old one as it is a completly new disign. I think they ought to sack the designer as they have totally ruined a good van! - Griff Thomas from Gwynedd

To add insult to injury, this appalling piece of trash now has (amongst other fails) anti-pollution failure. This means that when towing, you have no power. Don’t try to change a light bulb at night, unless you don’t mind swearing a lot. Oh, more bits have fallen off. The gearbox is knackered and fails to select gears... sometimes. And to cap it all, our whole fleet has had to have the front suspension changed, anti-roll bars, rose joints, bushes etc. FFS I have a 25 year old Ford Capri that has many more miles and done more work with only 1 failure (I didn’t change the cam belt when I should have. No damage though) - Tony Fussey from Lincolnshire

Maybe a steel flywheel conversion kit might work, like you have to do with transit flywheels? - from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 2010-01-27 | ID: 45521

Vicky Allum, Cornwall

Peugeot Expert 1998

Fairly good fuel economy for a van. Easy to drive. Engine noise isn’t too bad. Corners well. The electrics could be better.

Submitted: 2010-01-27 | ID: 45520

Paul Smith, Durham

Peugeot Expert L1 - H1 2008

Purchased new on a 08 plate, it already has had two new clutches and only has 36000 miles on it. It keeps shuddering and Peugeot can’t find the fault! I have booked it in again as I was trying to reverse the other day and it just sat shaking! Please, please, does anyone know what is causing this? My van is the 1.6 diesel.

I had the same problem and two Peugeot dealers have said that they can’t find the fault. I keep telling them that it happens when you do a lot of stop start journeys and I have know noticed it doing it from cold. The dealer in Chelmsford told me that if the clutch has to be replaced then this would not be covered under warranty. I don’t think so!!!!!!!! - from Essex

I can tell you it is a worn fork arm in the gearbox. The one that pulls the thrust bearing. They wear on the edges and then don’t release smoothly causing a bad judder in reverse and sharp gear changes. I replaced the clutch and arm on my 2006 Scudo and it now drives lovely. Clutch realise arm about £60 from dealers. - Steve Searston from England

Submitted: 2009-12-14 | ID: 45517

Rick, England

Peugeot Expert new shape!! 2007

I’m a courier and I bought one of these vans new for my business because I needed something reliable!! HOW WRONG I WAS!!!! It’s spent days in the garage for recalls and egr valves and computer updates. At one point it was off the road for six weeks (AND PEUGEOT DONT HAVE TO LET YOU BORROW ANOTHER VAN!!) Although I begged and pleaded and they did lend me a partner van!!... and the fact that over the two year period I had the damn thing I got to know all the people in the dealers on first name terms!.. Like someone else said, it’s got more rust on the engine block than an old sixties car... if you open the bonnet the next time it rains just look at all the water pouring over the engine!!!!!.... the cause for this was the windscreen scuttle and they replaced this twice... still no good! I would be here all day if imade a list of what went wrong on it!! And I did look after it and it wasn’t at any stage thrashed! Turned up one night at the dealers only to be told that the van they were going to lend me while they carried out the work had been sold!! No apology or even a phone call to tell me so I could arrange something else! NEVER NEVER AGAIN... I have had various vans for twenty years but this is the worst by far!!!

Submitted: 2009-10-20 | ID: 45528

John Bell, Angus (Forfarshire)

Peugeot Expert 2008

I purchased it 18mths ago I have extended warranty on it a Peugeot one and an AMG one as I use it as a taxi the clutch has only a 20000 mile warranty which was replaced in last two weeks a flywheel replaced last two weeks; a wishbone and ball joint replaced in last week; a starter replaced in last week and is now back in garage due to loss of power in battery. Only my starter under warranty. I have had to bump start my taxi every time I turn off ignition since starter replaced; it is a nightmare. Anyone with same problem?

Purchased my new e7 taxi 08 plate it has already had 2 new anti-roll bar, my door runners have gone I have had 4 new clutches, 4 new dual mass flywheels and it is sill no better. It has 38000 miles on the taxi, it all started about 1200 miles garyflintoft@hotmail.com - Gary Flintoft from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2009-06-05 | ID: 45574

Julie Park, Durham

Peugeot Expert 2008

Having same problems as Nick Moore - Help, does anyone have a solution. Peugeot are unable to rectify the fault.

I have a Citroen Picasso and like Julie and Nick the radio does the same trick - Heber Seddon from Lancashire

Submitted: 2008-08-21 | ID: 45577

Nick Moore, Devon

Peugeot Expert H1 L2 136 BHP 2007

Radio turns off after 5 minutes of stopping. So called ’economy mode’ have to start the engine and turn off again to get another 5 minutes. Some people do sit in the vehicle for lunch etc. and might like to listen to the radio! Only reason I can see is that Peugeot might like to sell a lot of starter motors and batteries in the future. Will never buy a Peugeot again.

Submitted: 2008-02-28 | ID: 45576

• A response has been made to Martyn Collins (22/08/2014 17:03:08)
  • A response has been made to Den Petes (19/02/2012 20:34:49)

• Malcolm Camp's question has been answered: "I had the same problem, one of the micro switches had broken off so I soldered it back on and got a new rubber button from ebay for around 4 quid. pe - royster from Oxfordshire' '..." (09/10/2014 22:13:15)
  • simon's question has been answered: "My Peugeot expert 04 van is mixing engine oil with the water but is going OK apart from the head gasket has any one had this problem any ideas? - Bobby from County Tyrone' '..." (06/10/2014 20:53:19)

Renault Trafic