Peugeot 407 consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot 407 consumer reviews by year of make:2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011

Peugeot 407 consumer car reviews

c cann, Devon

Peugeot 407 2004 - 2011

love the 407 2009 great ride but the sat nav turns itself off before the destination which can be stressful when in heavy traffic and don't know where I'm going anyone have any suggestions

Submitted: 2014-07-11 | ID: 99467

Steve Williams, Northern Ireland

Peugeot 407 2009

Bought in 2012 and the clutch went at 33000 on the clock. I had to fight to get it fixed free. At around 52000 this car cut off all power twice in one day, someone could have been killed! I took it back to the dealer, but all he wanted was to make sure I would pay to find the trouble. I said that I though that the safety of people would come first, but to him – no! I sold the car and told the new owner all the trouble I had, had as, not like the dealer I did not want someone’s death on my hands. Peugeot? never again!

Submitted: 2013-10-12 | ID: 45324

Peter Izlakar, Slovenia

Peugeot 407 2.0i ST 2005

Hello! I own a 05’ Peugeot 407. It’s got 2.0 litre petrol engine with 140 hp. I love this car! It is the best car I’ve ever had! No problems at all (205.000 km)! For all of those who say that this car is rubbish: Looks like you don’t know how to maintain the vehicle properly, or you’ve bought a car that wasn’t maintained properly.

good news.Did you change the timing chain and when? it gives you warning signal for timing chain? - from Sri Lanka

Submitted: 2013-09-14 | ID: 45323

Dave S, England

Peugeot 407 2005

An awful car that is absolutely terrible in every single way. Here’s what has failed on my car in 12 months (20K miles): 1). ABS/ESR wheel speed sensors - twice! And they go underneath the fuel tank so the cost to replace in a garage is very high, considering it just plugs in. You will get reminded with beeps and flashes every mile or so. 2). The clutch started slipping at 60K miles, and now makes loads of noise and is hard to put in second gear, it’s becoming dangerous. 3). "Tyre pressure sensors not monitored" warnings flash up and remind me how crap Peugeot electronics are every time you put the key in and drive. This has turned out to be an unbelievably expensive problem, as I have been quoted £200 labour exl. VAT or parts to fix just one of these unreliable sensors. Peugeot told me it’s a very common fault, so you can expect to pay near £1000/year for this alone, just to keep the system going. Oh and the entire system fails if just one sensor is broken - easily done by just pumping up the tyres because they snap about as easily as a toothpick. 4). I’ve also had problems with the rear right-hand electric window, if you close it fully it reopens fully and it’s like a game to get it shut! Absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing when people are in the car when it happens. 5). It goes through front tyres every couple of months! All the weight is at the front so keep a good eye on them and expect to constantly replace them. All 4 tyres are a really obscure size, which even a friend who works for Bathwhick said he’s never heard of. I paid £150 for one when my tyre burst. 6). My fuel filter blocked up with black stuff and caused random engine faults and an extremely dangerous loss of power after 2.5k revs, ridiculous considering this happened 6k after a full service. 7). The boot won’t open! The boot has failed 5 times in 12 months, I often forget the car comes with one. The rubbish, cheap cables individually snap within the "U bend" and neither the remote or button will work. The only way to open the boot is to climb through the seats and release it with a small screwdriver - handy! 8). Power Steering - At low speeds when you even slightly turn the wheel the engine nearly stalls! Apparently the tube which feeds the pump is too high up so the pump shakes and struggles when you turn the wheel. Either pay loads of money for the new parts to be fitted or overfill the reservoir, that’s what I did, my attitude is that it’ll break anyway! 9). Digital LCD Display - what display? You wont see it if the car is even mildly warm as when it heats up it fades! Apparently the only fix is to buy a replacement and even second hard they’re expensive! 10). "Water in fuel filter" warnings appear randomly, another annoying beep and warning message to join the others. 11). The fuel level says it’s too low, when you park on even a slight hill. Ridiculous when you have half a tank! I’d feel bad giving my car away as I don’t hate anyone that much.

Submitted: 2013-07-25 | ID: 45319

Ian Leighton, Kent

Peugeot 407 SW Exec 2006

The best car I ever owned. The exec model is crammed with extras. The ride is excellent, handling superb. A few things needed doing like the front ball joints were a changed and one of the new ones lasted 18mths? The sat-nav is one of the worst features on this years model (56) Doesn’t read postcodes? Apart from that its a beautiful looking car and runs a dream. I had to change the PDF filter which was very expensive, and the brake discs needed replacing, this was due to high mileage (109,00 miles). I sold this because I moved house and needed a smaller car for the drive way but really regret it so will be looking for the newer model. FAB car!

Submitted: 2013-06-04 | ID: 45320

Barry Milburn, Yorkshire

Peugeot 407 2005

This is the worst car Peugeot have ever made. My car has 89,000 on the clock and requires a full clutch assembly including dual mass flywheel, a new cam belt, a wishbone joint and the electronics are all over the place with ESP and ABS lights coming on constantly. Also the central locking does not work and the boot will not open and hasn’t done so for a year. The car is a 2005 model and with the price of repairs being in the region of £4000 can now be considered scrap. How did Peugeot ever get away with producing such a heap?

Agreed, this is by far the worst car I have ever known. I have a 05 model which I got back in 08 with 60K miles on the clock and I nearly replaced the whole car, starting with clutch, brain, drive shaft, millions of ball joints, steering rack, and so on and so on. My advice is do not take this car even if some gives it to you - Charlie Shaw from County Antrim

Submitted: 2013-04-06 | ID: 45321

David Gower, England

Looks good.

Submitted: 2013-03-01 | ID: 45306

Allan, Cambridgeshire

Peugeot 407 2007

Love the shape and the drive of the coupe. I purchased mine from a main dealer, but I was very surprised to find that on its first mot 2010 it failed due to excessive play in the front ball joints. I took it back to dealer who replaced them free of charge under the remaining warrenty it had left on the car, but now 2 years later I’ve just had a service and mechanic advises me that the same ball joints will need replacing due to the same excessive wear. It has only got 49k miles on the clock in 5 years surely it shouldn’t need 2 sets already? After all my wife isn’t a rally driver!<span style="white-space: pre;"> </span>

Worked for Peugeot as a technician for 7 years. Common as anything on these and the normal 407’s as well. It is a design flaw with these ball joints as water gets in through the top of the rubber the protects the inside of the ball joint and causes it to sit there and corrode the ball joint away - Scott Parish from Essex

Submitted: 2012-11-11 | ID: 45307

Iain, Lincolnshire

Peugeot 407 x Line 2006

I’ve had my 407 just over a year having come from a 406. It’s a 136 x-line saloon. I love it. It drives great, is quick, I’ve never seen below 50mpg from it and apart from a snapped tyre valve it’s been really reliable. The tyre valves are an easy fix. Don’t buy replacement monitoring ones at £££’s each, 4 rubber ones and the monitoring system turned off = no more problems. All in all it looks great and goes great. Thank god I didn’t buy the Audi someone suggested I look at!

Submitted: 2012-07-16 | ID: 45309

Kamal M I, Nigeria

Peugeot 407 EW 12, 2.2 2007

Great car, good drive, quite durable, self-diagnosing and alright fuel consumption wise. The only problem though seems to be a shortage of good mechanics in the country (Nigeria). Very few authorised/licensed repair shops and those that do exist are very expensive.

I know what you mean but I can help you with a good Peugeot mech - john uwah from Nigeria

Submitted: 2012-05-28 | ID: 45310

Asghar Ahmad, Warwickshire

Peugeot 407 Saloon 2.0 hdi 2006

An excellent car bought with 5000 miles on the clock and now at 82000. Just needs to be taken to a garage for oil and filter change four times a year regardless. Peugeot change the brake fluid twice a year and I change fuel air and pollen filters once a year myself. Need to change front discs now and it came up on the computer saying the indicator on the rear nearside was faulty but just changed the bulb and the fault has now cleared.

Submitted: 2012-05-13 | ID: 45311

Peter Connelly, United States of America

Peugeot 407 touring wagon v6 2006

Hi! I own an ex-touring s wagon bought brand new, and yes it is amazing to drive. The power and safety are all good and in 6 years of owning I’ve had no problems; fully serviced here in California.

Submitted: 2012-03-10 | ID: 45316

Mike Evans, Bridgend

Peugeot 407 saloon hdi 136 bhp 2004

I thought the world of this when I bought it. That lasted about 2 days! I have owned some 40+ cars in 45 years of driving, sometimes covering 65k mls per year and never have I had so many different problems with a car. All your previous complainants have covered the problems I have with this one, from faulty display readings, disappearing display readings, the noisy clutch, which has reared its ugly head, poor changing between 3rd and 4th (ok going from 4th to 3rd), wipers coming on when going round right hand bends and the indicator cancelling and not working on left hand turns. Maybe there’s a connection? Or not? And to think I used to love Peugeots, but I’m going back to a Volvo D5 as it will be cheaper in the long run!

Submitted: 2011-11-30 | ID: 45317

Chris Ward, England

Peugeot 407 2004

A couple more things about the 1.6 SE 407’s tyre sensor faults. Be careful when blowing the tyres up as the valves can snap off and are not cheap to replace. Also the 407 has problems with the cooling fan going off after a short drive and even when the car is turned off the fan continues to run, thereby draining the battery. On cold mornings and wanting to get to work the doors won’t open because are frozon shut, this has happend to me a few times. Just remember when buying a 407 you want a full service history with the car or walk away. They are nice looking cars don’t get me wrong, but the problems you get with them...just be careful when buying.

Submitted: 2011-11-22 | ID: 45318

Anton, South Africa

Peugeot 407 2.2 ST 2005

I love the car! Yes there are faults with it, but all are easily solved and it is very reliable if you look after it. My girl is now getting a face lift and all the custom mods done after 2 years of driving, including an after market turbo!

Submitted: 2011-11-07 | ID: 45315

Christopher Meilak, Malta

Peugeot 407 SE 2006

Hi all! I just want to say that I have just bought my 407 se this year, which means it is 5 years old and I can tell you it is wonderful car and really nice to drive. Even the shape is still looking fresh. I really like my 407 se car.

Submitted: 2011-10-31 | ID: 45314

Steve Mason, Neath Port Talbot

Peugeot 407 4dr saloon 2.0HDI 2006

A total heap of rubbish! I have had it since it was 2 years old. So far it’s had: 2 wheel bearings changed (another one soon), the driver seat mounting section snapped, have replaced headlight bulbs 9 times. I also get false warnings up on lcd. The other week it wouldn’t start at all. I got a jump and it’s been fine since; there was no battery warning, it just died instantly. I have replaced the front discs twice and the air con no longer gets cold. I traded in a 1998 Mondeo ghia X 2.0 16valve for this heap of junk, the worst thing I ever did. I would swap it back tomorrow if i could.

Submitted: 2011-09-11 | ID: 45313

Phil Baker, Hampshire

Peugeot 407 SW SV 2005

I bought the 2.0 diesel SW SV as an ex-demonstrator with 4,000 miles on the clock and it has now covered 162,000 miles. I had the front ball-joints replaced under warranty, a design fault meant that they gave up at about 55,000 miles, and have just recently had to replace the dual-mass flywheel and clutch. Apart from a set of discs and pads all round (did it myself for total cost of £100) and the dreaded Eloys fluid, I haven’t had any prolems. At 55 mpg it is fantastically economical and, even though the engine management light is on all the time, drives like a dream. The only reason I’m wary about Peugeot is all the other stories on the forums!

Submitted: 2011-09-11 | ID: 45312

Ernie McAllister, Ireland

Peugeot 407 2 ltr hdi SW 2006

Have had the car 3 years, use it as a taxi, it`s excellent and very comfortable. Am having a problem at the moment, am having to replace all the rockers and the hydraulic lifters (2 rockers broken), which I put down to buying one of these plug-in tuning devices. My mechanic told me it was as a result of the device having changed the timing !!!! So beware !!!!

Submitted: 2011-04-30 | ID: 45303

Chris Ward, England

Peugeot 407 2007

Good car, 48mpg, smooth ride, looks nice, but with the engine management system things will start to cost, sensors for a start.

Submitted: 2011-01-25 | ID: 45304

Tommy Johnston, County Armagh

Peugeot 407 2007

What a heap of s**t! Only have it 9 months and had to replace clutch and flywheel at a cost of £800. Now the turbo has gone on it. Probably talking another £600-£800 for new one. These are known faults with this car. If only I had known this beforehand. Will never buy Peugeot again!

Submitted: 2010-12-31 | ID: 45305

Francis Keeley, Northern Ireland

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi SE Lux 2005

My 407 2.0 HDi 136 has been brilliant! I am a taxi driver and there is well over 100k on it now and its driving like new. Have had no problems at all with it. The engine is very smooth and has good punch when you put your foot down. I don’t think there is that much turbo lag to be honest, its not as responsive as a Passat 2.0 TDi but its not far behind! I will definitely be buying a 508 once it’s launched! Overall a very nice car to own.

Submitted: 2010-11-12 | ID: 45298

Mark Mayne, Yorkshire

Peugeot 407 2004

I fully agree with all negative comments about the 407. I purchased mine when it was 3 years old from Evans Halshaw . Luckily I took out a extended 2 year warranty on it, thank god!!! I traded it in on the day the warranty ran out as just about everything electrical that could go wrong DID!! On my last visit to the garage the fitter told me that if I had to pay for work done to the HEAP it would have cost me £2,630 in total!! Now happily re-united with a VW Passat, a real car!!

Submitted: 2010-11-02 | ID: 45299

James Bennet, New Zealand

Peugeot 407 hdi car 2009

We replaced our 2005 Peugeot 407 hdi with a new 2009 model so far we have had no problems with either car. The first having done 60,000ks when it was involved in a accident and written off. We replaced it with the later model rather than another brand because we were so impressed with Peugeot’s safety features. The car was hit at speed at an intersection just behind the Lh front wheel, it then spun on the road and the right side wrapped itself around a roadside tree.when the dust settled there were only minor injury’s to the passenger and none to the driver. all the side airbags and one front airbag activated and the safety bars in the doors prevented serious injury.

Submitted: 2010-11-01 | ID: 45300

Sherif Melika, Egypt

Peugeot 407 2008

The worst car I had ever in my life.

Submitted: 2010-10-07 | ID: 45301

Peter Mc Parland, County Down

Peugeot 407 2007

Car okay but boot very small. Display on dash a nightmare as it keeps fading. Replacing it is still only a short term remedy. My 60000 car service cost £463.00 due to dashboard problems. Will never by Peugeot again.

Submitted: 2010-07-09 | ID: 45302

Henry Dunst, Cornwall

Peugeot 407 Station Wagon 1.6 Diesel Manual 2005

This has been the most unreliable car that I have ever owned. I bought the car second hand with 28,00 miles recorded. In less than 2 months the dual mass flywheel apparently ate the clutch although there is no certainty that the problem was not rooted in the thrust bearing. Because the car was "protected" by the used car warranty under which I purchased it the vendor garage put their hands up and accepted liability. A great bunch of folk, Town and Country Motors near Truro. Recommend them any time. Subsequently the clutch thrust bearing failed - within I allege, 30,000 miles. The consequence of this was that a new clutch assembly was required. Peugeot made a "goodwill" gesture to pay for the parts. I paid for the labour. This seems to amount to 2 clutch assembly failures within 60.000 miles from new. Now the flywheel is making such a noise that it sounds to be within an ace of failing again. The car has now achieved 82,000 miles. To me this is tantamount to a bill of £1200 to £1400, as quoted by the dealer, every 6 months. I wouldn’t buy another 407. They cost too much to run as the result of bad design. Star rating . . . . 0

Just a quick point; I don’t own one of these cars but I have another French car (Renault Laguna 2004) and they have many of the same problems e.g. EGR valves and Emissions, various engine sensors etc and I think people need to venture down to their local scrap yard for a lot of these parts and also eBay. I replaced my EGR, Air Mass sensor and both turbo boost sensors for under £100, no problems with any of them since. And with regards to the DMF (Dual mass flywheel) they are pretty much in every car now. I had a Mondeo, which had one and they were notorious too. But as with the Mondeo you can get a conversion kit so it is converted to a conventional flywheel which are also much cheaper than the replacement DMF. As with many things people need to use their initiative and actually research how cars work so they can make informed decisions when it comes to repairs, I am not saying I am a mechanic but I can understand most problems with my car and it can save you a lot of money if you understand the options that the mechanic is giving you/or not giving you. E.g. car failed MOT on snapped front spring garage wanted £205+Vat to fix (don’t even want to imagine how much Renault dealer would have wanted), a trip to a scrap yard £35 and 2 hours later and voila passed MOT - from Lancashire

It was the Dual Mass Flywheel. I had the same problem. Cost me £1500 at dealer and Peugeot would not contribute to payment as car was just out of warranty with 60K on the clock. If it happens to anyone out their go to EUROPARTS who have a conversion kit at £200. I join those that say IT IS THE WORST CAT I HAVE EVER BOUGHT and I’D NEVER BUY PEUGEOT AGAIN! - I N from Durham

Submitted: 2010-07-06 | ID: 45290

Simon Humphreys, Yorkshire

Peugeot 407 2009

I have had nothing but problems with this car. The depollution fault that cuts the engines power is so frustrating, along with the dashboard display disappearing. I would never buy a Peugeot again.

To all HDI (with particle filter) owners, if the power cuts off - suggest get the depollution (particle) filter checked - I had mine blown up (on 1.6, 110 hp hdi) during overtaking with the same effect of cutting the power off - after switching off and on the engine it appeares that the problem has gone, but reocurres whenever going for more power. After replacement the car goes well again. Not sure on $$ as the car was under warranty - from Croatia (Hrvatska)

Submitted: 2010-06-04 | ID: 45288

Nick Tehrani, Lancashire

Peugeot 407 2007

I find the engine and gear box almost perfect although BMW make their engines more pwerful and it returns more milage and below 150 co2. I have recently had to change; Anti-roll, indicitor arm disply unit, cd player, pariculated filter and heater box. These were under warranty but I had to pay for the clutch myself, despite the fact I made complaints whilst the clutch was under warranty. The number of days the car was off the road and number of visit to local Peugeot dealer was unacceptable.

Submitted: 2010-05-19 | ID: 45286

Richard Jewell, England

Peugeot 407 SE Lux Saloon 2005

My 407 is just coming up to its 5th Birthday and has been utterly reliable. Nothing whatsoever has gone wrong. In this regard it’s been vastly superior to my old 7 series bimmer and my Impreza - supposed ’quality’ cars that were heaps when compared to the reliability of my 407. It looks striking in black with the chrome grille, handles well, rides supremely and is hugely practical. My only minor gripe is that the brakes require a good prod on the pedal compared to more modern over-servo’d rivals, but otherwise I just can’t fault it. Well done Peugeot. I’ll definitely be buying the 508 to replace it.

Submitted: 2010-05-09 | ID: 45287

Steve Collins, England

Peugeot 407 2.0 SE HDI Luxury 2009

I bought this car having driven Vauxhall Vectras for 10 years. The car is magnificent. I am 6ft 8in and there is loads of room for me and my family. Handling is excellent as is the power of the 136bhp engine which feels more than that. I had a Vectra which had 150bhp and it was no where near as quick delivering that power. Car looks great, and I am extremely happy with it.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-04-10 | ID: 45283

Mike Bailey, Lancashire

Peugeot 407 134 HDi 2007

I’ve been driving for 38 years and this car is the best I have ever owned. It has everything that I want fitted as standard. The ride/roadholding is superb, brilliant engine returning mid 30’s MPG for general driving and I have had close to 60 MPG on a long trip to the South of France. Very good six speed box that gives the diesel engine very close to petrol engine performance. I wish that Peugeot would bring out a CC version of the Coupe, that would be my next car without a doubt.

Submitted: 2010-02-19 | ID: 45284

D W, Durham

Peugeot 407 SW Exectutive 3.0 2005

The car is faultless but the dealer service is something to desire ie., they don’t understand what perforation rust to aerface rust on the rear door handle area (they dont want to do anything that costs them), the rear door handle is fitted by a child with no consideration of what pig iron (the bolts) does to painted areas " rust " now sorted by me.

Submitted: 2010-02-17 | ID: 45285

John Liddiard, Hampshire

Peugeot 407 2003

Good all-round estate car. Very comfortable. Could do with more power.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-01-28 | ID: 45293

Eddie Carroll, Warwickshire

Peugeot 407 2004

Hi, Have just bought my 54 reg 407 hdi derv last week with 47000 miles, very pleasd with drive ,looks great but having read the reviews watch this space.

Submitted: 2010-01-12 | ID: 45294

Tino, England

Peugeot 407 2005

The Worst car ever. I’ve had to replace 2 x clutch, 2 x dual mass fly wheels and the ABS block.

Submitted: 2009-12-11 | ID: 45297

Carl Durrant, Cheshire

Peugeot 407 SW SV 136 Bhp 2005

This is the worst car I have ever bought. Everything has gone wrong; the Dual Mass Flywheel has gone twice and the clutch 3 times as a result. Also the Turbo twice, EGR Valves SIX times then an Engine rebuild due to a Sticking Valve and now the engine goes into ’Regeneration" every 12 hours !!!! Everything costs the earth to replace and no one wants to touch it as it has an engine management system that only the main dealers seem to have all the software for. A wonderful vehicle to drive, but I would STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. My repair bills over the past 4 years come to £12,000+ because the Warranty People decided that the vehicle had been used in "ARDUOUS" driving conditions and therefore was Out of Cover? Bring back the 406 GLX Estate - FAULTLESS!

Mine did too when I first got car, and cassette player fast forwarded if I turned radio off. I replaced the fuses as some of them were wrong and/or burnt out, but the player’s ’brain’ had been fried so couldn’t reset passcode. Disconnected it completely and replaced it with CD player when I could with no further problems - from Devon

Submitted: 2009-11-22 | ID: 45295

Edward Reddin, Kent

Peugeot 407 2006

I have had a Peugeot 407 SW 2L automatic since November 06. The car is wonderful to drive, is very comfortable and has also been extremely reliable with no major engine problems. The car seems well worth its cost and more! The automatic gear box is smooth and was very easy for a novice automatic driver to get used to. All in all a splendid car and one well worth buying.

Submitted: 2009-07-14 | ID: 45331

Joe Longley, Yorkshire

Peugeot 407 1.6 110 bhp se 2005

I can simply say this car is brilliant; it is great fun to drive and it is extremely sporty for a car this size. This is the best car I’ve had yet - trust me on this you cant go wrong!

What rubbish. These cars are scrap and will be a constant nightmare for the new owner financially and mentally! - Damian Rushe - from

I totally agree with Joe, my silver 2005 2.0 HDI 136 SE has to be the best car I ever owned! Its the best driving car I have ever owned in my whole 30 years of driving. It’s really smooth and composed and even with 155k on the clock she goes as the day I got her new. No problems at all, only complaint I had was that there was no button on the boot lid to open it until my 11 year old nephew showed me were it was. Fantastic car. Also if Damien Rushe sees this comment I just want to say to him he obviously doesn’t know a good car when he sees one, you’re a nightmare by the sounds of it. Goodbye - from County Armagh

Joe, you’re wrong about the 407. You can very much go wrong. For every lucky owner like you, there are several who have to frequently get the clutch changed or have electric problems. Also frequent problems with screen displays. I would say you can’t go wrong. Buy Japanese! - Stan Nixon from County Down

Submitted: 2009-02-26 | ID: 45332

Ricardos Santiago De Machado, England

Peugeot 407 163bhp 2.2 litre petrol 2007

I bought one of the last 163bhp 2.2 litre petrol 407 Saloons nearly new in 07. It’s the SE Luxury, so adds to the already comprehensive 407 equipment list with half leather, parking sensors and a CD multi-changer. 19,000 miles later and the car has proven faultless. It’s just been in for a set of front brake pads, but to be fair it’s a heavy machine and I can drive her rather enthusiastically. Otherwise, the only other problem has been a puncture - hardly the cars fault! The engine is arguably the best ever offered for the 407 - revvy and quick, but also flexible and capable of tickling along at the low revs on the torque. The 6 speed box helps me get an average combined figure of 36 mpg. So it’s quickish, long legged, with a sublime chassis and wonderfully confident steering, reliable (far more so than the Audi A4 it replaced) and comfortable in a way only the French can do. I’ve heard that diesel owners report frequent problems, but exchange the smoky old diesel for a proper petrol unit and it’s an incredible machine.

Submitted: 2008-11-25 | ID: 45328

Paul Hines, England

Peugeot 407 2004

This is the worst car I have ever bought. Everything has gone wrong; the fly wheel has gone twice, turbo two times and the engine management light is always on with a dopollution problem. Everything costs the earth to replace and no one wants to touch it as it has an engine management system that only main dealers seem to have all the software for. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS

Submitted: 2008-07-21 | ID: 45327

Stephen Jones, Essex

Peugeot 407 2.7L Executive 2006

I purchased this top of the range model at a great price with only 12K on the clock. The drive is magnificent and the engine is full of torque at all stages and has blistering acceleration. The car handles superbly and once you get used to the multitude of switches on the main console it really is quite simple to operate. The SAT Nav is competent and the handfree phone system is superb and allows me to be far more productive on the road than with a Bluetooth connection to a Blackberry. Front tyre wear is typical from this kind of vehicle and a price worth paying for the shear exhilaration of the ride. Always had Volvo before but the test drive convinced me there was another kind of driving experience to be had. So far nothing to complain about. Will definitely buy again as this car is great value for money and safety features tick all the boxes for family protection.

Is it still okay though? - James Smith from Buckinghamshire

Submitted: 2008-05-27 | ID: 45325

Anthony Deakin, Lancashire

Peugeot 407 1.6 HDi 110 SE 4dr 2007

As fabulous to drive as it is to look at. I’m so pleased I’ve taken the plunge, after initially being worried about depreciation, as this is just a pleasure to drive. The drive is so smooth and it’s so responsive to the slightest touch of the pedal, it’s also an extremely safe car, which for a family car was a huge selling point. Yes, it will depreciate more than others but reasonable running costs, low emissions and the pure enjoyment I’ll get from driving it makes it well worth every penny.

Submitted: 2008-03-15 | ID: 45329

Roger Green, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 407 SV 2007

I bought this car because I loved the the look of it - the ride is a smooth one, visibility is excellent and it is very, very comfortable.I also thought that the price was very reasonable and that you get a lot of car for your money.

Submitted: 2007-08-23 | ID: 45330

• A response has been made to Peter Izlakar (08/06/2014 04:34:19)
  • A response has been made to Kamal M I (28/04/2014 21:17:12)

• Eric Jennings's question has been answered: "mine had the same problem. get a diagnostic check and that will tell you which ABS sensor is faulty. mine was one of the front ones, i bought a brand - Jason Catterall from England' '..." (12/07/2014 10:39:55)
  • John Petersen's question has been answered: "Just an update on my previous email and a response to the person from Buckinghamshire. I have had the most appaling service from Peugeot concerning t - Bob from Surrey' '..." (19/06/2014 23:07:42)

Vauxhall Vectra