Peugeot 308 CC consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot 308 CC consumer reviews by year of make:2009 2011 2012

Peugeot 308 CC consumer car reviews

Colin, England

Peugeot 308 CC Roland Garros 2012

Hi I have just bought a 308 CC Roland Garros. While the spec is quite good I have a big problem with the wipers They are the wrong way round! The 308 has been designed for left hand drive only so right hand drive cars wipers are not suitable.

Submitted: 2013-09-11 | ID: 45259

Salah Kanaan, United States of America

Peugeot 308 CC 2011

This is the second time I have bought a Peugeot. The last one was a disaster and a bad engine while this one rocks and is a convertible. The only problem I have with this one is that it cannot fly or has lasers. I love it. It roooooocccks!

Submitted: 2012-04-30 | ID: 45258

Steve Norfolk, England

Peugeot 308 CC 2009

I have had a problem with my 308cc. A crease (dent) appeared in the right hand rear roof column about half way up. about 5 months ago I took it to the dealer who evaluated it as vandalism. I have to have this repaired under my insurance before it goes back. Fair enough, but three weeks ago, another crease (dent) appeared on the opposite column. I took this in yesterday, and they finally accepted this is mechanical failure due to a rubber bung being missing in the boot that the fold back hood rests on. The bung must have dislodged when removing things from the boot. However, they do not accept responsibility, and now I have 2 repairs that will be down to me. Sureley, if the "Bung" is capable of dislodging accidentally, it’s a fault, and Peugeot should accept this costly mistake is down to the thing not being permanently fixed in place?

Both rubber bungs mysteriously disappeared out of the boot within a very short time of buying the car brand new, haven’t experienced the creases though - Andy Mellett from Somerset

Hi, This has just happened to me. I can’t see anything missing, have you got a photo or part number? - Steve McLeod from Leicestershire

Submitted: 2011-06-24 | ID: 45255

Rod Hemley, Bedfordshire

Peugeot 308 CC 2.0 gt diesel 2011

Car great to drive, looks good with roof up or down, excellent milage per gallon, comfortable controls, clear and easy to operate, best 6 speed gear box ever had.

Submitted: 2011-06-13 | ID: 45253

Phillip Auckland, Australia

Peugeot 308 CC 1.6 Petrol Turbo - 6 Spd Man 2009

My 308CC is a manual 6 speed 1.6 turbo petrol. Upon buying my 308CC I was a big fan. It drives nicely, carries 4 people, is well equipped (apart from the French’s loathing for cup-holders). Sadly though I have absolutely had it with the reliability. I have had 52 days off road and am still two weeks from the first anniversary of delivery and have done just 22,500kms. I have twice had a massive loss of power issue where the car can barely pull its weight along. Symptoms are engine management light, and the info screen reporting a "pollution control system error". It is very unsafe to drive when like this. I am waiting for my second instance of this issue to be resolved and have just been advised it was a stretched timing chain after 26 days off road this time and 6 days the first time. I see the same or similar problems reported on the 207CC with the same engine. I also lost my clutch completely and had the pedal just clunk to the floor and stay there which was apparently leaking clutch fluid pipes. That cost me 5 days off road. I had a major oil leak (1 litre in 2 days) which they attributed in the main to springs somewhere in the engine. At the same time I had a roof respray because the roof was poorly aligned and when folded down in the boot would rub on the boot liner creating 2 wear marks at 45 degrees to the front of the car. These two together cost me 14 days off road. There was also a timing chain tensioner issue which is well known that caused clatter on start up for the first couple of kilometers where it sounded like a diesel. That one was fixed at a service with no additional time off road. I have lost total faith in the brand after this experience and after finding that this kind of record is not uncommon on some Peugeot models. The 1960s MGBs I had in the early 80s were a better ownership experience than this car. At least you could quickly diagnose and fix them in a handful of days. I have never had this kind of experience with my new cars and will now probably restrict myself to the brands known for quality (Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Subaru etc).

I purchased my 308CC petrol/auto in November 2009 and for the past six months, I have had continual problems with the car losing power, sometimes for days at a time. There is no pattern to this occurring - it can happen on startup or mid-trip, full tank, nearly empty tank. I am using the recommended fuel. Sometimes it resets itself overnight, and is fine for a few weeks, sometimes it last for days, sometimes it fixes itself mid-trip. When the problem is occurring, it takes over 10secs to go from 0 - 60km/hr which makes it dangerous to drive in certain situations, especially when you don’t know when it is going to happen. I have had the car to the service centre on multiple occasions - sometimes they find error codes (this is if I manage to drop it there while the problem is occurring) and sometimes not. They have replaced the turbo intake pipe, but I think this was a separate issue - in any case, it didn’t fix the problem. They can fix it in the short term by resetting the computer, but can not work out what is causing the problem in the first place. I have lost hours of work every week due to constantly taking the car in to service centres, or having to reschedule appointments because it was dangerous to drive the car to work. I currently have a rental car while they try to solve the problem. The car was trouble from day one with a faulty fuel pump within months of purchase. I had continual power problems from within a few months of purchase (unrelated to fuel pump) due to using wrong brand of petrol - switching brands fixed it for a while. This year, faulty gearbox component which would cause the car to intermittently stay stuck in 3rd gear (nasty on the autoroute!) and above-mentioned turbo problem. Add to that list a leaking roof, a number of blown fuses, and a courtesy light unit which I have been waiting to be replaced for two months now - Donna Weston from Australia

Purchased 308 cc last year and similar from day one loss of power and polution system light comes on. Been back to dealership 12 times and can’t fix problem. I currently have a rental car as Peugeot just say that they are aware of the problem and endeavouring to fix it. Making some enquiries a common problem with engine and this car but Peugeot won’t admit that they have an issue with this engine - from Australia

Submitted: 2011-05-05 | ID: 45250

Max Morrison, Australia

Peugeot 308 CC 2009

I have had the 308 CC petrol turbo for just on 12 months and have no problems with the power or handling - all good. It is just the lack of knowledge and service that one receives when booked in at the dealer. Having a problem at the moment with supposed low oil pressure, the dealer has had to order a special tool from France plus the paperwork on how to rectify this problem. That was approximately 4 weeks ago but they tell me it is still OK to drive the vehicle, even though it makes a hell of a noise for about 2 to 3 minutes every time you warm it up in the morning. All the items i have read regarding low oil pressure do suggest you not drive vehicle????. Has anybody else had this problem?

Submitted: 2010-09-14 | ID: 45254

David Jaundrell, Shropshire

Peugeot 308 CC 2009

My auto box will not change gear after acceleration No amount of argueing with Peugeot will get them to help me. They say it is for ’safety’ and a ’characteristic’ It is actually a mapping problem I think, see for yourself <a href="http://www.davidjaundrell.co.uk/308cc/" target="_blank">http://www.davidjaundrell.co.uk/308cc/</a>

Submitted: 2010-06-14 | ID: 45249

Rob Elliott, England

Peugeot 308 CC 2009

So why won’t Peugeot accept there is a problem with the 308 CC veering to the left under normal driving conditions? We have a new 308 CC with under 600 miles on the clock veering to the left which is accentuated under braking. Tyre pressures set to owner handbook spec, tracking should be OK on brand new car. Local dealership had the car in and after about 2 hours phoned us and could find nothing wrong!!! Contacted Peugeot Customer Services who let us know by text that a Customer Services Manager would be in touch during next 6 working days. Okay so Easter got in the way but all we got was another text saying our local dealership would be willing to explore any problems! How can veering to the left be a ’safety feature’ in the UK when that’s where we find pedestrians?!!!! At the moment I wish I’d never bought this car, I don’t hold out much hope of Peugeot resolving the problem! My other car is a Land Rover Freelander and that’s where you do get brilliant customer service!!<br />

Having the same problem in Australia. Did you get a fix? Spoils what is otherwise a great car to drive - Sharon Cowan-Lunn from Australia

I’m having the same problem with my 308 CC, it’s less then 6 months old and pulling to the left. I have taken it backk to the dealer 4 times to be told that it’s my tyres (which are at the right presure and the balancing is correct). They came up with the fact it’s my tyres and apperently 308s are sensitive to the road. In that case how come, when I took it for a test drive it didn’t pull ... Have you sorted your problem now? - Laura Keay from Shropshire

Hi, have you sorted your steering problems with you 308cc? Below is my issues! I wonder if you can help me. I am having steering problems with my Peugeot 308cc that is not even 4 months old yet. Basically, it does not drive in a straight line and hasn’t since it was new. It has been back to the dealer about 4 or 5 times now and they can not fix the fault. They have tried adjusting tyre pressures, tracking, 4 wheel laser alignment and even put smaller wheels on as they thought it was the size of the wheels making it pull. An example: if you are driving in lane 3 of a motorway, don’t hold the steering wheel tightly and pull right, it will pull to the left and within 200-300 yards, you would be on the hard shoulder. I don’t think this is safe! I have spoken to VOSA but it doesn’t come into their area as it would not have sudden catastrophic failure. Trading Standards showed interest and said that I would have grounds to reject the car or get a refund. Any help that you could give me on this would be very grateful - from Kent

I have just had to replace all the tyres on my 308cc having done only 17,000 miles from brand new. The 2 front tyres were worn down to the metal bandings on the inside and I only discovered this when the tyre was flat and I could not reinflate it. I naturally thought that the tracking was out excessively although still only 2 years old. Having paid for this to be done the garage reported that the tracking was within 2 mm tolerence. Peugoet dealer said that the wear was acceptable and he did not know how we drive! - Andrew Mellett from Somerset

Submitted: 2010-04-20 | ID: 45244

• "My Peugeot 308 CC`s oil light is constantly on - oil levels are all good. Also the engine seems to rattle. Any thoughts? (1.6 Diesel)..." (Chev Odonaghue, 20/03/2014 14:11:01)
  • "I have had my Peugeot 308 CC from new and it`s been great for the last three years. Now it`s out of warranty I`m starting to have several issues - le..." (Lenka Hedges, 16/01/2014 15:14:26)
  • "Great car. I’ve got the 2 litre diesel, it’s a powerful car. Very smooth, a great ride, but when the roof is up, there is an annoying tapping in the ..." (Steve Smith, 15/01/2014 00:05:50)
  • "I have a recurring fault with the rear window demister on my Peugeot 308 CC. It has been to the local dealer several times and repair seems to involv..." (Claire Robinson, 09/01/2014 11:47:17)
  • "My Peugeot 308 CC showed the anti pollution system faulty last Sunday. Does it cause any damage to the engine please because the dealer from where I ..." (Michael Zerafa, 23/12/2013 12:13:01)

• Steve Smith's question has been answered: "Steve, my wifes car has developed exactly the same problem, did you get a fix in the end ? Car has just run out of warranty last month so reluctant t - Jim mellor from Lincolnshire' '..." (13/04/2014 04:35:51)
  • Alex's question has been answered: "I have a 308 sw which is a company car so gets Peugeot to do more to fix problem but my car cannot drive straight always to the left. Peugeot were mad - Alan from Middlesex' '..." (20/03/2013 16:00:58)

Peugeot 308 CC

The 308 Coupe Cabriolet has pulled off a trick few other makers of four-seat convertibles can manage by making the 308 CC feel very rigid and flex-free. There’s a definite up-turn in the quality of cabin materials and all of the pieces appear to be connected to each other in a fashion that suggests [...]

An image of the Peugeot 308 CC