Peugeot 3008 consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot 3008 consumer reviews by year of make: 2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016

Peugeot 3008 consumer car reviews

Sandy Wornham, Hertfordshire

Peugeot 3008 2013 - 2016

I have found out why the stop start does not work on the latest models of the 3008 and many other vets including BMW's. The batteries have been changed from lead acid to AGM which is a gel battery so does not need topping up. These batteries can only be trickle charged even from the alternator so if you are doing less than 100 miles a day and all on motorways up to the speed limit the stop start will not kick in.

Submitted: 2016-11-06 | ID: 136512

Alan Womack, Hampshire

Peugeot 3008 2013 - 2016

Bought this car earlier this year with 20,000 miles and three years old. The car is very well thought out and has a fantastic interior design. However this it is where it all goes wrong. The car has a whine from somewhere that sounds like a problem with the differential, it also has a horrible reverberation between 2,000 and 2,500 rpm. Both these problems have been verified by my local dealers mechanics here in Portsmouth when out on a test drive with me. The car has been back seven times now for repair and when I go to back to pick it up, the answer is always the same - "We have been unable to reproduce the fault." For some reason, the fact that the faults have been heard by mechanics is not a guarantee of ANY work being carried out. I can only assume that this dealership is waiting for the car to terminally break down before it will carry out ANY form of repair. Due to the actions, or rather lack of actions, by this main Portsmouth Peugeot dealer, not only will I NEVER buy another car from them, I will NEVER buy another Peugeot.

In the broader sense, don't the those two words - French and reliability - in the same sentence, seem to raise questions? - from Essex

In response to the above comment, I lived in France for 10 years and for most of that time had a Clio which was probably the most reliable car I've ever owned. It would go from the South of France to the UK and back without a murmur - a 9 hour non-stop drive each way. Brought it back to the UK with 120,000 miles on the clock and it still returned 66 MPG. The problem with the Peugeot is the dealer not the car, I would have thought that all problems can be rectified if the dealer can be bothered to get his finger out. Off to France in two weeks, if there is a problem, trust me the world will know about it. - Alan Womack from Hampshire

Submitted: 2016-09-07 | ID: 134996

sylvia blanthorn, West Midlands

Peugeot 3008 2013 - 2016

I have a Peugot 3008 Hdi which is just over 2 years old. The ECO stop/start stopped working and the electrics went up the wall, telling me that my tyres were flat, couldn't open front doors with fob key and would only let me open back doors. Took it back and they put a new battery in. Everything worked but 5 months down the line the stop/start wouldn't work. Took it back and they told me that I don't do enough mileage and was therefore draining the battery. I don't actually agree but they put it on 24 hr charge and everything is working again. I have since bought a smart battery charger (trickle ring) just in case, and also when my warranty expires that I don't have to pay for a new battery. I will not be buying another 3008.

Submitted: 2016-04-22 | ID: 130690

sdreeling12@gmail.com, Kilkenny

Peugeot 3008 2010 - 2013

bought my 3008 last month 2010 model. I find the car can be sluggish at times sometimes I have to drop a gear to get it going right again even on the motorway. Anyone else with this prob

Submitted: 2015-07-07 | ID: 118177

John, West Yorkshire

Peugeot 3008 2009 - 2013

Peugeot 3008 Diesel 2010, purchased through a dealership as Ex mobility. In the past owned better makes, but for the price can`t fault it, not had a problem other than tyres which I was told it`s a diesel thing, that the engine`s weight on the front end makes the tyres go off at about 20k depending on driver and use. Not only a Peugeot problem, also had the tyre problem with Vauxhall Cavalier diesel and Vectra diesels, Volvo S40 1.6 TD. Only real answer don`t buy the more costly Premium tyres, I buy a top of its range Budget, saves a lot of money, especially if you intend to keep the vehicle.

Submitted: 2015-02-24 | ID: 112232

michael greenwood, Highland

Peugeot 3008 2009 - 2013

the car is great comfort economical but it has a knock on suspension at front end done all the tests but found nothing

Submitted: 2014-08-29 | ID: 102309

Hans, New Zealand

Peugeot 3008 2009 - 2013

Very nice car to drive. Good road handling regarding. The back storage spaces (double layer) is ideal for us as I can stow the wheelchair for my wife in the bag, perfect fit. The only BIG problem I have is the tyres; the original tyres (Michelin) wore out within 20000 km. Now on my third pair at 85000 km and need new ones again. According to the dealer it is Peugeots problem and not the tyre companies. (I have used three different Tyre comp. Michelin. Bridgestone and Goodyear F1.) Any good advice for tyres is welcome.

Peugeot 3008 Diesel 2010. I was told its a Diesel thing, that the engines weight on the front end makes the tyres go off at about 20k depending on driver and use. Not only a Peugeot problem, also had this problem with Vauxhall Cavalier and Vectra Diesels, Volvo S40 1.6 TD. Only real answer Don`t buy the more costly Premium tyres, I buy a top of its range Budget, saves a lot of money, especially if you intend to keep the car. - from West Yorkshire

Submitted: 2014-06-12 | ID: 97470

Louise To, England

Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDi Exclusive 2010

We have just purchased this car, second-hand. I went out looking for 4 x 4 or larger style car as I need something that is practical yet a nice family car. I have 3 6ft children to fit in too so head space was a must. We were introduced to the Peugeot by the sales man and I fell in love with it. It’s a dream to drive, although I am still having issues with the slight sluggishness of gear change between 1 through to 4th, it really hesitates and I’m not used to this in our Landrover. The size and feel of the car inside, does not match the size of the car outside. I’ve already walked passed it once in the car park, as I was looking for a bigger car! We are very impressed with the detailing, internal and external, with lots of tech and gadgets, but all with purpose. It is both practical, versatile and stylish. It’s fast and pick up is excellent for a 1.6 engine. I like that I can manually paddle through the gears if need be. Cruise control is great. All controls very aesthetically pleasing and easy to use. It definitely ticks all our boxes. Easy to park, parking sensors too. Great all round visibility, love the glass roof too! gives a real sense of space. overall I would highly recommend a cross-over. Its a Ronseal car - does what it says on the tin! Happy motoring all!

Submitted: 2014-01-29 | ID: 45047

John Booker, England

Peugeot 3008 2012

A word of warning about the Peugeot 3008 if you are considering one for transporting your new baby! While the safety section of the Peugeot 3008 brochure shows a photograph of "Isofix child seat anchor points" it is not mentioned that they cannot be used for birth to 13kg child seats! The reason is that there is a storage compartment in the car floor, which cannot safely support the stay on an Isofix car seat base in an accident! Peugeot offer three solutions - choose a seat base with a stay that will reach the compartment floor with the lid up, choose a seat base with a stay that can be angled to miss the compartment or just use a seat belt instead of the Isofix fittings! A base with a stay that is long enough or that can be suitably angled does not appear to be available in the UK. Isofix fittings are the safest and recommended approach yet Peugeot recommend the Romer Baby-Safe Plus secured with a seat belt. As the Britax website itself points out - "Only 30% of child seats are installed correctly when using an adult seat belt, 96% when using the Isofix system! A Britax survey showed that even one in five parents regularly break the law when it comes to car safety for children." Other car manufacturers offer a storage compartment insert to overcome the problem but, as many parents have found, Peugeot do not even want to discuss the issue. New legislation should force Peugeot to take child safety seriously in coming years. It is a great pity as in other respects the Peugeot 3008 has a lot to offer parents with children.

Submitted: 2014-01-14 | ID: 45048

Robert East, Cambridgeshire

Peugeot 3008 Allure 2.0 diesel 2011

I have had it for 4 months and love it. It’s a nice ride and good on fuel. I have a bad hip, but it’s just the thing for me, easy to get in.

Submitted: 2013-08-03 | ID: 45049

Alex Bonar, England

Peugeot 3008 Allure EHDi 112 EGC 2012

I bought the car 4 wks ago and find travelling in traffic, especially uphill and at junctions that the gear change is very sluggish and can have a delay of up to a second or two before selecting the gear. The gears also change up and down and can cause a jolt, which is not comfortable for the passengers. The garage recommends you use the manual part of the semi- automatic gearing in these situations. I have, for over a year, driven the same model with a manual gearbox with no issues. I am disappointed, especially when the dealer suggests I need to learn to drive the car!

Go softly when applying your foot on the gas and you will then enjoy smooth gear changes - M G from England

Submitted: 2012-04-30 | ID: 45041

Carlos Cesar Almeida, Brazil

Peugeot 3008 Griffe 2012

Best car in my opinion. I have beautiful, fast, economic, comfortable and highly tecnological vehicle.

Submitted: 2012-03-15 | ID: 45043

Len Borkowski, Australia

Peugeot 3008 XSE 1.6 petrol turbo 2010

I’ve Just put 215x55x17 P7 Pirelli tyres on my 3008, to iron out the Aussie roads. This has worked a treat! 5 star comfort and still 4 star handling. I found the 50 profile too harsh for such a great car. It feels like a 508 now.

Submitted: 2012-01-09 | ID: 45046

Jacob Crabtree, County Antrim

Peugeot 3008 2010

Overall a very good car, but the reversing light is very bad; you can hardly see when reversing due to the fancy reversing cover that’s on the reversing light. I do hope this is changed before I buy one again.

Submitted: 2012-01-03 | ID: 45045

Hugh Bowie, Fife and Kinross Shires

Peugeot 3008 1.6 Active HDi 2011

I purchased this car just over 1 month ago to replace my Peugot 308 SW and have just completed my own assessment on its performance. Most of my motoring is urban (town) and this does not come near to my 308 which was also a 1.6 diesel as far as fuel consumption is concerned. Statistics say town running should achieve 44.8 MPG, unfortunately I register this as doing a miserable 33.75 MPG. I have just put diesel in the car today and I am going to observe the result before I go back to the dealer. Question: Has anyone else out there had the same problem? Apart from this problem I am very pleased with the way the car performs, looks, etc. One downside, however, is the size of the boot space, which isn’t adequate for a medium sized dog. I now have to harness my retriever into the rear seats as she freaks in the back. I only hope the fuel situation can be resolved because I love this vehicle, but that sort of mileage could spoil a good relationship between the dealer and myself, especially when the outrageous excuses start. However, we’ll see how this pans out.

Submitted: 2011-12-27 | ID: 45044

Mac, England

Peugeot 3008 SR 2011

Excellent!

Submitted: 2011-05-19 | ID: 45037

Ken Wayt, Lanarkshire

Peugeot 3008 1.6 15THP Exclusive 2010

Bought this car two months ago as a nearly new Peugeot management car and so far I am totally taken with the car. It is very versatile, roomy, maybe slightly cramped on knee room in the rear particular with my position for drivers seat however this is a minor consideration. Very responsive engine excellent fuel economy thanks in part to the six speed gearbox. However I have developed a fault which is a slight juddering through the steering when breaking. Dealer has had the car in to skim pads but slight judder remains so booked in again (under warranty) to have new front discs fitted. Slightly disappointed that this has to be done with only 8K covered so far, however the dealership has been most helpful. Would definitely buy another one.

Submitted: 2011-02-15 | ID: 45036

Scott Munroe, Hertfordshire

Peugeot 3008 2009

Great car up to last week, had a leak on the coolant system, just found out that it needs a new headgasket, (French cars!) only had the car 3 months! Why did I not buy another VW?!

I may have a similar problem, coolant level too low going in to dealership tomorrow. Car bought in March 2010. Presumably this is covered by the warranty? - from Middlesex

Submitted: 2010-10-03 | ID: 45038

Paul Sweeney, Northern Ireland

Peugeot 3008 1.6 THP 150 Exclusive 2009

I bought a 3008 1.6 THP Exclusive bck in December 2009 for my wife and I to drive, we were replacing our ultra reliable 308 1.6 VTi 120 because it was 2 years old and we change every 2 years. So far the 3008 has been fantastic! On the road the engine is very fast, I could not believe the power from it when I really wound her up. And I was particulary stunned to see it do 47mpg on an ’A’ road. 0-60 comes up in about 8 seconds which is really fast considering the size of the car and the fact its only 1.6. Inside, it feels like a jeep and you sit up very high and in great comfort. To look at the car you would think it’s far to big and you wouldn’t be able to park it, but my wife thinks it’s easier to park than our old 308. The parking sensors help, but it would matter if they weren’t there because there is great all round visability and the huge door mirrors provide a great veiw. Overall, this car is far better than my brother’s Qashqai, even though it was the Qashqai that gave me the notion for a crossover. On the road and sitting in the cabin the Qashqai cannot match the 3008.

Submitted: 2010-08-30 | ID: 45040

Jeff Bickerton, Cheshire

Peugeot 3008 3008 1.6 fap 110bhp HDI 2009

Good family car, extremely comfortable and easy to drive, doesn’t pull to the left, nippy and economical (50-55+mpg no problem on a run) Six speed box makes you think a bit at times (am I in third or fifth?) also the electric handbrake operation can catch you out if you’re not concentrating. As I tend to carry large items in the back It was a little disappointing the rear seats did not - up and over - or have a facility to remove them - as in the 308. Lastly there’s not a generous amount of leg room for rear passengers. This may sound like a lot of negative points, but overall the car makes up for these in other areas and I’m quite happy with it.

Submitted: 2010-05-26 | ID: 45030

Fredrick Telford, County Antrim

Peugeot 3008 Exclusive 2009

Brilliant car to drive. A lot of hi-tech equipment, but disappointed with the lack of tools in the boot (no jack or wheel brace).

Presumably there is no spare wheel either? I just ordered a 3008 and specified a spare wheel rather than an aerosol of tyre inflator and an electric pump. The spare is a full sized ally and cost an additional £200 - Roger Bingham from France

Have just taken delivery of 3008 and requested the spare wheel option when order was placed. This came at no extra cost - from Sussex

Will an 18’’ alloy wheel if used for a spare fit in the boot well of a 3008 Allure as mine has come with a can of foam and a compressor? - from Warwickshire

Submitted: 2010-05-18 | ID: 45031

Ian Courts, Staffordshire

Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi Sport 2010

Well made, economical. Great sat nav and bluetooth.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-04-17 | ID: 45029

Lesley Summer, Oxfordshire

Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDi 110 FAP Sport 2009

Fantastic car!! Great drive very comfortable, not so great looking but that was not enough to stop me buying it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Submitted: 2010-01-12 | ID: 45035

• A response has been made to Alan Womack (10/09/2016 03:20:01)
  • A response has been made to Hans (24/02/2015 08:39:03)

• Diane's question has been answered: "Deactivation of daytime running lights on 2012 3008 pug - Walker from Spain' '..." (09/12/2016 09:50:52)
  • Michael Ward's question has been answered: "Tried it again and succeeded! After you highlight the hour you change it by turning the wheel on the short stalk to the right of the steering wheel. - Michael Ward from Suffolk' '..." (18/11/2016 15:33:58)

HYbrid4 HDi - Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 HDi 163bhp & 37em. The world’s first diesel-electric hybrid car strives to be one of the world’s most adaptable cars too with four driving modes designed to cater for any situation however as with most innovations, there is room for improvement accompanying the raft of good idea [...]

Road Test Reports Says 4.5 star ratingFull Report