Peugeot 207 SW consumer car reviews and road tests

Peugeot 207 SW consumer reviews by year of make:2006 2007 2008 2010 2011

Peugeot 207 SW consumer car reviews

Michael Murphy, Cornwall

Peugeot 207 SW 1.6HDI 112 FAP SPORT 2011

I bought this to replace an ageing Peugeot 206 SW and I have to say it is bit disappointing. The biggest problem is the economy mode that cuts the electric power shortly after the engine is switched off. On the 206 it gave you 30 minutes, but the 207 is far more restrictive, often cutting the power after only a few seconds. This means it is impossible to listen to the radio without running the engine, or for that matter open and close windows. I have now bought a portable radio to listen to in the car! Fuel economy is good at around 50mpg, and it goes well at faster speeds. It’s not so great at slower speed though, so better for motorways than country lanes.

My 207 SW will go into economy mode after 30 minutes, but can be operated ok when engine is running. It will then stay on for approx double the time I run the engine as stated in the owners book. - Michael White from England

Submitted: 2012-05-28 | ID: 45021

Stephen Sloan, Somerset

Peugeot 207 SW 2007

Hi all! I bought this Peugeot from new, it has now reached its three and a half birthday and all of a sudden in September the radiator had to be replaced due to rusting out at a cost of £200.00. In october whilst driving to Southampton started to smoke and on inspection the oil had spilled over the right hand side of the engine. The server had over-heated causing damaged to the server and the pipe that controls the brakes, hence no breaking at all. It also damaged the water pump. The total bill was £572.00. I have had three Peugeot’s all new and all have had problems, even head gaskets going at 48,000 miles. This will be the last one. No more!!

Submitted: 2011-10-12 | ID: 45023

Chris Smith, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 petrol Sport 2010

I bought a 10 plate 207 SW (facelift) second hand in black and have since covered 2,000 miles. First impression was excellent; the exterior is not strikingly different to the pre-facelift 207 SW but the addition of chrome side strips and some other subtle changes result in an extremely sleek design. I especially like the panoramic glass roof and chrome roof bars. I have yet however to find a use for the top-half of the boot opening separately... Fair enough the estate design is not to everyone’s tastes (numerous people have joked about it being my family runaround despite being 23 with no kids!) but I definitely think it’s the nicest looking car for it’s class. I would have loved a Mini Cooper S but does that have fold-flat raised rear seats and a boot that can store more than two bags of shopping? Nope! As far as the car’s interior are concerned I have found the seats to be comfortable and easily adjustable (far more so than on my last Focus) however find myself sitting quite high to feel comfortable with the high biting point of the clutch. The car’s finest point is the equipment specification, as standard the car came with dual-zone climate control (which I’ve found has to be left on ’auto’ otherwise the windows mist up if it is left off), bluetooth and iPod compatibility and a clear and easy to use multi-function display, as well as auto lights and auto wipers. Unlike any of my previous cars the auto wipers do not have a setting to adjust the sensitivity, however they seem to work like magic and only once or twice have I had to tap the stalk down to add a wipe (both at crawling pace). Brilliant! The stereo controls do look a little dated compared to others in the class such as the Ford Fiesta and I feel let the otherwise fine dashboard and centre console down. My only other niggle would be the position of the cup holders....you practically have to disloacte your shoulder to reach far enough back to grab your motorway coffee! Why couldn’t a cupholder be integrated into the dash or at least within easy reach? Otherwise the plastics are nice to touch and the chrome dash surrounds look modern and well designed. So, how does it drive? Well this is a city car at heart and this is what the Pug does best. Steering is light but fun around town and the 1.6 petrol feels capable and provides tons of torque. It is nippy but if you’re not in a rush it’s quite happy changing at 2,000 RPM, much to my suprise and more like my previous diesel! However, although acceleration is fine if you leave the revvs to climb to around 4k, it still feels like there should be another gear for motorway cruising. The ratios between 4th and 5th do not seem to be different enough, ideal for city cruising but a little noisy at motorway speeds. However, saying this I’ve happily spent 5 hours at a time in the car comfortable and entertained by my ipod much to the Pugs credit! With a little city driving mixed in on a 70 mph cruise the MPG stays steady at 42 MPG. In summary this is by far the best car I have owned overall. Others have had slightly better designed audio controls, or better gearbox-engine combos but none have come close to the overall experience at this price point.

Submitted: 2011-03-05 | ID: 45020

J Bell, Cheshire

Peugeot 207 SW S 2010

This car is roomy and good to drive, the engine was a 90bhp 1.6 diesel, nippy and economical, 50mpg was attained. I didn’t like the progressive power steering that becomes less sensitive on the motorway around 60mph. Steering round town and up to approx 60mph was excellent, but above that it was a little too heavy and indecisive for me. At night the aluminium strip around the edge of the heater control, which extends over to the top of the dash is reflected onto the windscreen and people driving the car found it very distracting. Last but not least, during the rainy weather the car tended to mist up badly. Having driven a number of other model Peugeots where this did not happen, I can only think it was a fault on this particular car, nevertheless it was very difficult to see at times without manually wiping the windows inside. And yes, I made sure the air recirculating button had not been activated. Apart from the niggly faults and self adjusting power steering, this is a nice little car..<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-01-19 | ID: 45019

Susan Day, Lancashire

Peugeot 207 SW S 2008

Got the car on motability. Have had no faults with it in six months of driving it every day. One minor problem is having a slightly larger wheelchair than average boot space is limited when carrying four people. Average about 33mpg around town and 48mpg on a run. Never achieved the stated 55mpg yet driving very carefully.

Submitted: 2009-03-06 | ID: 45025

Marion Walker, Merthyr Tydfil

Peugeot 207 SW 2006

I bought my Peugeot 207 sport from new having been seduced by the smooth lines and the seemingly superior quality of the car. It looked the goods! The first fault to become evident was the safety belt/air bag warning light. This activated intermittently but because no fault could be detected on the diagnostic machine it was considered perfect. The car has been returned seven times for this fault, sometimes within two hours of being ’fixed’. Hopefully, after much threatening of legal action the problem has been resolved. But hey! - I have only had the car for two days after a three week stay in the garage so who knows! After a two month very gentle running in period (I do approx 6 miles per day) the car seat cover split from top to bottom, covering me and the rest of the seats with white fluff! Into the garage again and it was when I was checking the car on its return that I discovered the mismatched doors- one colour coded and one with a black stripe- different at least! In addition to this the car has been returned for four manufacturer’s recalls for various items. One satisfied customer? Not really. I wouldn’t buy another Peugeot if they had a 50% discount!

Submitted: 2007-11-08 | ID: 45024

• "I have a Peugeot 207 SW 07 plate. The dash warning light for faulty bulbs keeps activating showing faulty r/h rear brake light, r/h rear reversing, r..." (Brian Thomas, 03/04/2014 09:36:33)
  • "I have a Peugeot 207 SW and when closing the driver`s door all doors automatically lock. I have reprogrammed the key to reset and tried the locking s..." (Steve Adams, 18/03/2014 11:09:11)
  • "Is there any way I can stop my Peugeot 207 SW`s electrics going off when I park up for 10 minutes or so? I have to start the car up again to use the ..." (Peter Wlaker, 03/03/2014 11:32:18)
  • "I have a Peugeot 207 SW and when closing the driver`s all doors automatically locks. I have used the key to reset as well as the locking switch but t..." (Roy Rudall, 21/02/2014 15:29:00)
  • "I have just purchased a Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 hdi access but when I put on the radio there is no sound from the rear doors. Can you tell me if this is n..." (Pat Waltham, 27/01/2014 12:53:52)

• Pat Waltham's question has been answered: "Could be the sound mixer is set for the front speakers only, you will need to go through the sound options till you find it. Think it’s under balance - Andy C from England' '..." (16/02/2014 21:56:19)
  • Bob Boyer's question has been answered: "Had same problem with my 207SW 59 plate, after using my trailer with hazards on for a short time. Before investing in a new relay (not sure if this wo - Stuart from Cornwall' '..." (10/02/2014 10:03:48)

Peugeot 207 SW

1.6 - The 207 SW looks like a baby 407 SW but still manages to be spacious enough to be classed as a family car. The cabin is high quality and Peugeot's usual range of petrol and diesel engines are on offer. The diesels are disappointing when compared to the petrols. The drive is good but the 207 SW is ra [...]

Road Test Reports Says 3.5 star ratingFull Report