Nissan Navara consumer car reviews and road tests

Nissan Navara

Nissan Navara consumer reviews by year of make:1998 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Nissan Navara consumer car reviews

GOTFRIED, Namibia

Nissan Navara 2005 - 2010

I have a problem with my Nissan Navara 2.5 dci diesel, it`s cranking but does not want to start, please help.

Submitted: 2014-10-21 | ID: 104957

Wil Kelsall, Thailand

Nissan Navara 4x4 4dr LE 2009

In my experience this vehicle is nowhere near as robust as the Toyota or even the Mitsu... seriously annoying, the clutch went before 80,000 km and the turbo at 120,000 km, there have also been several other mechanical failures that really seem to be the result of a vehicle that is simply not strong enough. Couple this with REALLY POOR cutomer service in Thailand and you have a recipe for misery. I have been completely unable to contact any higher management at all.

Submitted: 2014-02-03 | ID: 43944

Horsk Manning, Suffolk

Nissan Navara 2013

I was mad buying this. My wife said my old Hilux mk4, which never cost me a penny in repairs, was looking too scruffy. Nissan customer care is something like you remember from British Leyland years ago. just goes to show what happens when Nissan partner up with Renault, reliability goes out the window! Traded it in after 14 months for a Isuzu Rodeo and I feel confident again when I turn the key knowing it will start every time.

Submitted: 2013-05-18 | ID: 43943

Ken, Yorkshire

Nissan Navara V6 Outlaw Double Cab 2011

Purchased new Dec 2011, now done 22k with no problems to date. It averages 29mpg and gives good performance from the V6 diesel and 7 spd auto box (as fitted to Infiniti FX). A very versatile vehicle, which is comfortable and well spec’d. The tyres are wearing well (probably do another 10k). Criticisms? Not many. The suspension can be upset on rough B roads, but it is a truck with rear leaf springs so it’s never going to drive like a luxury 4x4 (it does ride better with some weight in the back and is fine on good road surface). The turning circle is big, but it’s a big vehicle after all and you do compensate with driving style; auto dipping LH door mirror for reversing (like pathfinder) would be a nice feature to have. Notable good points? The sound system with 30gig hard drive and dvd playback is top notch, a great vehicle for a long drive; the powertrain very refined for a truck, you can do 250 miles and arrive refreshed. It’s acceleration surprises the boy racers (always nice to leave the backward baseball cap wearers spluttering in your dust). Overall there’s not much out there to compete with the V6 Navara, if you need a load carrier with 4 passenger seats and want near as possible luxury 4x4 refinement and performance plus commercial vehicle tax advantages then it’s a very short list of candidates. A Disco 4 commercial is probably a better all round truck, but it only has 2 seats. My advice? Buy one and enjoy!

Just to reply to this review. This review is very accurate, I have owned the V6 model for nearly six months from new, no negative issues only positives, like I say I can only really agree with this guy’s review, the truck is so smooth and so much fun to drive, a complete pleasure even after a 300 mile trip, I got out and still felt fine not tired in the slightest, and it does surprize some boy racers from the lights, the kick down in sports mode and then sheer grunt is very impressive, but that might have something to do with the torque which it has an unbundance of, 550 infact :). With regards to the fuel consumption around town mine returns (in normal two wheel drive) around 27mpg and on the motorway around 33mpg @ 70mph, if however you use 4 wheel drive as I did the other day in the snow she then returns around 18mpg (around town) but I didn’t slide anywhere others I watched weren’t so lucky. I can honestly say If I was going out to buy another vehicle tomorrow I would not hesitate in buying the Navara V6, buy it and enjoy it - David Hassall from Essex

Nissan Navara V6 Outlaw. 27,000 miles so far and a great car. It’s versatile, comfortable, fun to drive, reliable and, for a 3 litre engine, surprisingly good on fuel. I do mostly urban driving and have returned an average of 27 m.p.g.. My 1.8 petrol Vauxhall Vectra returns 30! I have found that other road users are far more polite when I’m driving the "Outlaw", boy racers quickly learn "respect" and at the end of a long journey I arrive feeling relaxed. It goes anywhere I want it to both on and off the road, it has saloon car comfort and a commanding view of the road ahead. With 5 seats, acres of luggage space and a reliability I have grown to trust it makes a great long distance tourer with enough towing capacity to pull the side of a house out never mind a caravan or trailer. Would I recommend an "Outlaw" to anyone looking for a 4x4? A Range Rover it’s not! It’s a very refined truck. And if that’s what you’re looking for, then stop searching! Bite the bullet and buy the best. As for road choices... Navara or Vectra? I know which I would rather drive! - Mike Hebblethwaite from Cheshire

Navarra Outlaw V6 is probably the most versatile 4x4 around. Last 4x4 was a VW Toureg which was the best SUV I had had following years of unreliability in Discoveries. However the Navarra fills in the gaps the Toureg didn't manage. Bales of straw do not contaminate the passenger space which can be kept clean whatever loads you carry. Ours is mainly used for our dogs who can leap in the back covered in mud and shake without messing up the interior. It tows a heavy horsebox with ease and has taken us to the South of France on a number of occasions. The last trip retuned 34 mpg which included crossing a number of the mammoth mountain passes in the Alps. Comfort on long trips is almost up to the airsprung VW Toureg level and the power enables you keep up with any of the traffic on the Autoroutes. B roads are a little more jittery than the Toureg but the V6 Navarra is much more versatile. The wheels do not get chipped off road like the ridiculous low profiles on SUV's.tent It may be more expensive than other pickups but is cheaper than comparable SUV's. Unfortunately pickups in the UK suffer from an image problem so are not suitable for Chelsea posers. However as a useable 4x4, across fields or on continental autoroutes it is ideal. - Peter Martin from Hampshire

Submitted: 2012-08-11 | ID: 43930

Jack Rhymes, Devon

Nissan Navara d22 2004

What a bit of kit! I run a tree surgery and firewood business and the truck is almost constantly attached to an Ivor Williams trailer. We shift about 450 tons of firewood a year and move 25/30,000 nets of logs to garage forecourts, so a lot of hard miles. The oil and filter is changed every 2 months (synthetic oil). I must admit it’s not the most comfy truck and it could do with a bit more poke, but for all that I’ve had no problems with it and it has done an awful lot of hard work. I rate the truck highly. Four years on and I’m not sure what to get next?

Submitted: 2012-07-17 | ID: 43933

Chris Bird, Devon

Nissan Navara 2006

I bought a brand new Adventura in 2006 and have had constant problems ever since. IT’s so far needed two clutches, a propshaft and UJ’s. All expensive and the second clutch outside waranty cost £1800. Then in June 2011 having done 91k the engine blew up due to over fuelling on cylinder four and a hole in the piston causing the engine to be written off. The dealers quoted 7.5K to fix. They said when fitted with a new engine they’d give me 5k trade in on a new one. So my 24k truck is a write of at four and a bit years old. Nissan customer service are not interested at all. I’ve had three Nissan trucks, but never again. That’s never, never, never!

Submitted: 2012-03-02 | ID: 43935

Sue Symes, Somerset

Nissan Navara d22 2004

I’ve had my ’54 Navara d22 for three and a half years now and I love it. It’s comfortable to drive (especially having a dodgy back) and although I’ve heard the horror stories about con rod problems I’ve so far had no problems! She’s just approaching 88,000 miles now and I have regular oil and filter changes. I’m really hoping I haven’t jinxed myself now lol, but even though they may not be to everyone’s taste this car suits me down to the ground and I love, love, love it!

Submitted: 2012-02-06 | ID: 43934

John Ahern, Ireland

Nissan Navara D40 le premium 2006

I have had this vehicle now for four years and have covered 93000 klm with no issues other than the 4x4 light coming on due to a faulty switch on a few occasions. I like the Navara and find it comfortable; it does not handle too bad for a 4x4 truck as long as you use good tyres. On the motorway it is as comfortable as any car. It has never towed much or been off road; I am a musician and carry all my pa in the back and it suits me quite well. It’s quite scary reading some reviews of other owner experiences, but fingers crossed so far so good. I intend to keep this vehicle for a long time.

Submitted: 2011-09-19 | ID: 43942

A K, Nottinghamshire

Nissan Navara Outlaw 2008

Warning: I purchased a Navara to tow my horse box trailer. They are great in a straight line going fowards but I have to reverse up a lane and round a tight corner on tarmac and mud and I was unaware that these pickups cannot be reversed in 4 wheel drive low. I burnt a clutch out in 1 week and was told not to continue using the pick up as it could snap the drive shaft. I have now swapped for a Discovery 3. A costly lesson, so be careful when choosing your towing vehicle.

Submitted: 2011-09-11 | ID: 43941

Tom Crompton, England

Nissan Navara 2007

The Navara is a good car, I’m 17 and it’s my first car. It has good visability all the way around and it’s good to drive. Only one bad thing, the back end slips when taking a corner or on a wet road.

Hi with you being 17, how much is insurance and who is it with please? I need one for me and my band, I’m 17. I tried to get VW camper but can’t get insurance - Bobby Dodger from Nottinghamshire

He is lying - John Paul from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 2011-09-07 | ID: 43938

Angry Owner, Scotland

Nissan Navara 2005

Having had our Navara serviced every 6 months or so, we had approximately 20 seconds worth of tapping then BANG!!! Now the engine strip and rebuild is about to cost us over £3000. Nissan - I used to love the D22 fantastic vehicle however am now very angry!!! And will never buy one again!! If this engine rebuild works (which lets face it at 3000 miles it blinking well should, it’d better not go again !!) I’m wondering if I should save my money and get rid of it for parts and buy something worth my time?!!

Submitted: 2011-09-05 | ID: 43937

Dick Johnson, Kent

Nissan Navara Tekna 2011

I bought this car in April of 2011 and since then I’ve done 8000 miles on and off of the beaten track, with no modifications other than some BFG A/T tyres. The car performs perfectly in every single aspect. It goes anywhere, pulls anything and drinks less fuel than my Discovery 3 (32mpg to be precise, bare in mind it tows and goes off road a lot, this is something I never achieved from my previous Wildtrak at 18mpg under exactly the same conditions). It is even almost as comfortable as the Discovery. I couldn’t think of a better pickup for around the farm with as high a standard of build quality other than a Toyota or perhaps even the Amarok  and at the end of the day that choice comes down to preference.

Submitted: 2011-07-22 | ID: 43936

Steve Gibbins, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Navara 2006

What can I say? Bought it in Nov 2010, nice to drive even if a tad on the thirsty side. Then at 80,000 it blows up with no warning, nothing. It was my forth Nissan on the trot, but never Nissan again. Nissan even know what the problem is, as does every garage I have spoken to.

Submitted: 2011-02-27 | ID: 43928

Mark, Dorset

Nissan Navara 2007

Just love it! I used to own a Discovery but the Navara is much, much better. I wanted an Aventura but the right outlaw came along so the deal was done.

Submitted: 2011-01-26 | ID: 43929

Brian Robinson, Lancashire

Nissan Navara 2006

Well my vehicle is up for replacement and it’s a 56 Navara Aventura Auto. I have clocked 190k in this beast and apart for some issues with the switches on the 4WD, its been fantastic. I get 56k out of a set of wranglers the engine has never let me down and I get a constant 31MPG and although lately the UJ’s have give up and the 2 wheel bearings have gone (what do you expect with 190k on the clock). I tow a caravan and although its not the best tow car in the world and the gearbox thinks its towing a 30 ton load at 60mph it does the job at 20mpg doing 70mph. What people need to accept is the Navara is not a car or a 4x4, its a truck with a great spec, its not a soft ride or a nice quiet drive, its a truck, built to work with a load of extras and a tax saving. Personally I find it a comfortable practical vehicle and I have just ordered my new Tekna and it comes this week. People ask me about the Navara and all I say is it’s not a car it’s a truck, if you want a soft ride get a Merc and complain about the tax bill.

Submitted: 2010-12-11 | ID: 43926

Adrian Griffin, Yorkshire

Nissan Navara tekna auto 2010

Driving the Navara tires me out. I had an old Merc E-Class before this lump and felt refreshed as it was so smooth. This thing hops and judders over every bump completely tiring out the driver as if he has run a marathon. Wouldn’t get another but I wanted to get the tax saving through the company as it’s classed as a commercial.

Agree with you, but if you put in a set of helper springs between the leaf spring and chassie it will change the ride. Cost in Ireland about 80 euros plus. Cheers - Paddy Rose from Ireland

Hi. I love the Navara but its very easy to lose the rear end when cornering, especially in the wet. Happened yesterday and I was taking my time. What can I do to improve this? - Smalinky malinky from Ireland

Submitted: 2010-12-01 | ID: 43920

Peter Richardson, Argyllshire

Nissan Navara SE 2007

My Navara has been a total disaster. It is most definitely not a working vehicle. Despite the fact that it looks good on paper it is mechanically unreliable and totaly unsuitable for towing anything larger than a small trailer loaded with feathers. It’s history does not read well: 40k miles new clutch (under warranty after a lot of arguing!) 42 k new rear wheel bearings (£600 each since you have to buy the complete half shaft), 45k new break servo, 60k new turbo, 63k new turbo, 63.5k another new turbo ...and finally on route to trade in for new car....yes you guessed it ...another new turbo...none of the turbo’s covered under warranty and Nissan refuse to accept that there is a problem with the turbo. Never, ever buy one of these unless all you want to do is take the kids to school in it.

I have a 2003 Navara. It tows a 27ft 5th wheeler no problem. I fitted a power chip 3 inch exhaust and snorkel car and van weight 5.6 ton - Doug Wood from Australia

That is definitely a fitting error mate - Az Joe from England

Submitted: 2010-11-23 | ID: 43923

Lee Bushell, England

Nissan Navara 2006

Before I bought my Navara I tested everything out there and nothing came close - The Hilux looks a little better but does not even come close on the road, The L200 comes close on the road but be honest it looks like a pig! I’ve used it to pull a 28ft Caravan from one end of the country to the other, to drive the family down to the South of France and also to carry pallets around for work,its comfortable,fast and big enough to take all the junk associated with a wife and young family. It has been thrashed and abused from day one,it uses no oil between services,the tyres last 25 - 30k a set and I get them locally for £80 each. The only significant problem in 3.5yrs was the fuel pump packed up - replaced under warranty no issues. I am currently looking to update and I have to say it will take something special to turn me away from another Navara.

Yes, just replace the battery. If you don’t press any buttons when changing, you should be fine. If you do then you might need to re-synchronise the pad with the car - Stuart McMillan from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2010-11-04 | ID: 43918

John, South Africa

Nissan Navara 2.5 DC A/T 2007

The only vehicle I would change it for is the new Navara v9x.

Submitted: 2010-10-03 | ID: 43917

Joel Pasaraba, Philippines

Nissan Navara navara 4x4 5spd LE 2009

I got my new Nissan Navara last Aug 28 2009. Just a few days after purchased, I had experienced malfunctioning of the unit, first incident engine suddenly stopped while I was driving home. A week after the first incident warning lights appeard on the panel. I also report that the gas pedal is sometimes sensitive and it emits excesive smoke. July 15 2010 I almost collided (the engine suddenly stopped while in the middle of overtaking) according to the mechanic it’s the fuel injection pump. The parts not available. The latest and worst incident that occured was July 18,2010, Sunday morning to visit our shop and stay there so that Monday morning I could go back early in CASA for the scheduled replacement of the injection pump. The car went wild and went out of control and collided with a L300pick-up,...I bought a new vehicle to spare me of mechanical problems, this company has already given me much trouble. What I got was a defective product which almost cost me my life and put other people’s lives in danger. I ask the company to replace but up ’til now no response. so DONT BUY THIS.

Submitted: 2010-08-24 | ID: 43927

Dragontest, Cheshire

Nissan Navara Platinum 2009

Covered 20,000 miles in the truck only problem has been a sticking door handle, which the dealer fix under warranty. We are getting good mpg (32+) from the diesel on runs and 26 mpg around town, most people look at the on board computers mpg and forget it’s an historic reading and not current, like some cars... the computer carries on calculating the fuel used from the last re-set. Reset the computer when on a run and look how it improves!!!, Any historic consumption readings will show a bad reading (as it includes starting up in the morning, sitting in traffic etc. the list goes on) As for the paint it’s a water based paint & lacquer that the EEC green policies have forced most manufacturers to follow, and it’s not as good as the older style of paint and lacquer with traditional thinners in. Some manufactures know the problems with the new style paints and apply non water based lacquers as they are harder wearing etc. I guess Nissan was wanting to do as little damage to the environment as possible during the vehicles manufacture and the vehicles life thus lowering the carbon footprint? The time of big 4x4 vehicles is perhaps looking like coming to a sad end due to pressures on the planets resources, we will see more and more electric vehicles, this coupled with the increasing cost of vehicle ownership, will in the long run drive down 4x4 vehicles like the Nissan Navarro, and the trusty but thirsty Land Rover/Range Rovers. For now the Nissan Navara is holding its head above the water very well. On a similar Nissan pickup note... My brother in law covered over 350,000 miles in his Nissan king cab pick up with no major parts needed just regular service items and its Oil changes by the book! He swapped it when the "cash for clunkers" came in & what did he buy? yep a new Nissan pick up!!

Submitted: 2010-07-01 | ID: 43913

Miye Balsaitchy, Madagascar

Nissan Navara SE 2007

I wish I had read some of these rants before I bought mine! Most of you have described my ’van’ as my bro calls it, down to a T!! Its not a bad lookin jar, but man! What’s up with the components on the thing!? Stalls when it wants and that’s white knuckle when that happens to you on a bend doing 60! And the fuel eco, well that’s just shot! Spend more time at the pumps than my mate, and he works there! Reckon it must be cheaper sending a man to the moon! Engine sounds like its chewing spanners and dumps smoke out the back like I’m Bond! Was told due to ecu...had that reset several times and it still plays up! Could be this could be that bla bla bla.. Whats it got? ..Nissan Car Flu or somthing!!? All this just as it’s out of warranty and svc! Just weeks past it. How strange is that eh!?? I’ll give it one thing it looks phat just sittin there, big Coopers an all that, and goes off the beaten all good (dont trust it though if honest.) I sure wish I had done a deal on Defender and not on this lemon!

Submitted: 2010-06-21 | ID: 43914

Terry Smith, England

Nissan Navara 2009

I have 2009 Nissan Navara Aventura auto 7000 miles, on a good day get 20 MPG bad day down to 16 MPH if I am lucky, has had diagnostic on it at Nissan tell me it’s fine and it must be my way of driving it ,has a diesel partical filter on it and have been told that these aren’t recommended for vehicles doing short journeys (Round Town etc) should have been informed of this on purchase you need to give them a good run to get it up to temperature and will then show better fuel consumption great do 100 miles to get MPG where’s the logic in that anyone else have this problem???

Submitted: 2010-05-17 | ID: 43915

Brian Birch, Swansea

Nissan Navara 2005

Good vehicle all round, except one thing..ABSOLUTELY S**T ENGINE. Can’t be trusted and keeps costing a fortune. I’ve had it four years and now at 80000 miles. The crank went at 69000 miles. Nissan said they don’t give trouble. I told local engineer about engine knocking, on the phone he told me its prob done 70000 miles and it will be the big end gone on number three or four; he was spot on. Luck? No just experience. I know of lots of similar storys so head gasket gone now. The Nissan is going and I wont be getting another until they upgrade the cranks. Too much power for too light a crank, bad design. What do I get instead that I can trust?

Submitted: 2010-05-05 | ID: 43916

Daniel Caulfield, England

Nissan Navara Adventura 2007

My mate owns one and it has been very reliable but to me do you want a car or a van because this isn’t a good compromise. Tyres £140 a go, heavy on fuel a lot heavier than a lwb Merc Vito anyway, high road tax, too heavy to be any fun to drive, no where near as practical as a van in terms of load capacity. Just what exactly is this thing good at apart from people trying to think they’re in the A Team? I dont see the attraction of lumbering nearly 3 tons of steel around for no good reason. Most of these so called 4x4s would be lucky to get driven over a curb once a week or maybe some damp grass let alone even see a hill. Do yourself a favour and get a van, a much better business image in my honest opinion.<br /><br />

Think you will find that the road tax is the same for all LGVs - £210 per year same as the Vito - Nigel Atwell from County Down

Submitted: 2010-02-26 | ID: 43910

John Rowe, Lancashire

Nissan Navara aventura 2007

Since I bought this Navara from new I can’t fault it. As I am a builder I use it for work and I also use it socially, travelling on holiday etc. All I have had to replace is one headlight bulb. Brilliant machine.

Submitted: 2010-02-24 | ID: 43912

Lee Walker, Kent

Nissan Navara 2007

I bought a Navara from new 07, what a pile of s***, never buy one it’s been in the garage more time than it’s been on my drive. It had a knocking noise when turning left, which Nissan took 1 year to acknowledge but still could not find the problem. They tried to tell me it was wheel spin, then I had the 4wheel drive sensor break, then had to have whole new clutch sytem and the fuel consumption went from 28mpg to 18mpg, called back for brakes, central locking system packed up. Now it keeps cutting out and won’t restart for 6-8 attemps, goes on crawl home mode. I took it to Nissan this morning even though I showed a mechanic what was happening I phoned up tonight and asked if they had looked at my car and thay said they could not find the problem, unbelievable. They will probably say my car wInted a rest and that i should give it a blanket. I would NEVER, NEVER TOUCH NISSAN AGAIN so save your money and buy a donkey, it will probably work harder than this pile of s***

Submitted: 2010-02-03 | ID: 43909

Mark Pearson, Yorkshire

Nissan Navara Aventura 2007

Here is a shortened down version of my letter of rejection sent to Nissan UK: 17000 miles, cut out and stalled at 3000 revs and would not restart until 6-10 attempts so new injection rail fitted; 25000 miles, diff started to whine; 30000 miles, developed knocking from engine; 44000 miles, excessive black smoke on acceleration. Nissan fitted new fuel pump but there was still smoking. Nissan fitted new throttle motor but still smoking, Diff whining even worse. At 46000 miles a new timing chain fitted by Nissan. Strong smell of oil in cab ever since. 50000 miles, Nissan fit new clutch and flywheel to cure smoking problem? They put a solid unit in instead of original dual mass unit, now sounds like tractor and is still smoking. Now covered 54000 miles, smoking worse than ever. Noisier than ever, still whining, letter of rejection rejected by Nissan. These vehicles are c**p. Don’t buy.

Submitted: 2010-01-12 | ID: 43901

Frank Baldwin, Hampshire

Nissan Navara 2007

I love this pickup, a bit thirsty but how many other vehicles of this size and weight can sit in the outside lane and keep up with almost any car. The SAT NAV is fantastic, I have traveled around Europe and even found a tiny street in Geneva. Still on it first set of tyres after 27,000 miles, used hardly any oil. Pulled a twin axle trailer with a RR Silver Wreath on the back for 300 mile no problem. Great vehicle recommend it to anyone.

Submitted: 2009-12-31 | ID: 43902

John Stall, England

Nissan Navara 2007

I have never towed anything but I frequently drive off-road; it is after all an off-road vehicle right? Then why does my clutch have to be replaced after just 35K Kms? Why does the chassis and body squeak like a 20 year old car and why does the engine cut out descending steep hills with one quarter fuel gauge showing? Also, why do tyres have to be replaced after just 30K Kms on a special sized Nissan wheel whose size is unobtainable at most tyre shops but available at Nissan dealers? Not happy my Mazda 4WD was FAR superior!

Submitted: 2009-12-07 | ID: 43903

Mark Tulloch, Ayrshire

Nissan Navara 2006

I bought my Navara brand new. I’ve had small problems with it, which have lead to big problems with their dealship in Ayr (the only Nissan dealership in Ayrshire).Customer service for sales is good but AFTERSALES PANTS.

I got to say, your review was not helpful or informative. I’m looking at the Navaras and need more then just being told some Scottish dealership didn’t look after you. Like faults and some kind of comment that I could look in to. Thanks anyway - Joe Truck Hunting from London

Submitted: 2009-11-27 | ID: 43907

Dave Bishop, Kent

Nissan Navara Twin Cab 2002

This truck came up when my mate emigrated to the U.S.A. We are so pleased with it that wish we had bought one years ago. The wife won’t use her new VW as she loves THE BEAST so much. We have even resumed towing a caravan and can’t believe we get 25mpg towing and 35 solo. I know it needs servicing every 6 months but No.3 son is a mechanic so hopefully he will look after it for me. No.2 son was so impressed that he has now bought one. Bad luck to those who don’t like theirs.

Glad to know your navara is doing well as I’m about to purchase one this week - from Philippines

Hi Dave, you may be able to help me out. I live in Portugal ad coming back to UK in october to buy a Nissan Navara on a 2002/2004 plate. I’m trying to find out approx what co2 emmisions they have so I can calculate how much import tax I have to pay. Thanks - Paul Phillips from Portugal

Submitted: 2009-11-27 | ID: 43904

Russell Grimshaw, Gloucestershire

Nissan Navara Outlaw 2008

I love my Navara. However, anyone buying any pick up should think carefully. It is not a car, and will not handle or ride like a car, but like a big heavy commercial vehicle. When parallel parking in reverse small cars completely disappear from view - if you’re nervous about that then a parking sensor is available. That said, the Navara is brilliant at what it does. I replaced the previous generation L200 (the new L200 is good, but the load bed was too short, although they have subsequently added a long bed version) with it and could not be happier. It will happily run with a tonne in the back (although the handling does become a lot heavier, with increased body roll). Unladen, it is very civilised and is extremely comfortable for long runs. The high driving position gives excellent visibility and the cruise control, climate control and ABS all combine to make motorway driving effortless. I’m planning to drive to Switzerland with it for next year’s holiday. On long runs (unladen) I get 37-38mpg, which for the size of vehicle I think is very good. In summary, if you’re going to compare it with a modern saloon car then you will be mildly disappointed with the ride and handling. However, how many modern saloon cars have a separate compartment for a wet dog / bikes / collecting firewood / building materials etc. and the ability to go off-road? For me, the shear versatility of the vehicle combined with the high driving position and comfortable motorway cruising more than make up for it’s deficiencies. If it’s a company car then the VAT is reclaimable (unlike a car) and the personal company car tax is reasonable for the value of the vehicle.

Submitted: 2009-11-14 | ID: 43900

Pete Greasley, Leicestershire

Nissan Navara Aventura 2007

Bought my 2 year old Navara at Measham Auctions for £10,300 plus VAT plus buyers fee; a total of £12,330. Love it to bits, very different to driving a car or van, it needs to be shown respect, doesn’t like corners at speed. My biggest gripe is the fuel consumption, in 2005 they brought the euro4 engine out to comply with the EU emissions laws and the fuel consumption went down, down, down. I went for the auto and had l known how bad it was, l would never have bought the truck. l,m lucky if l can get 18mpg and l drive it carefully to keep it at that. l’m looking to have a power box fitted which increases the bhp by 30+, the torque by 45+ and more importantly l’m told the fuel consumption will be 5mpg better and for about £400 fitted so it won’t take long to recoup the outlay. I’m a plumber by the way.

Submitted: 2009-08-24 | ID: 43899

Mike Latchford, Conwy

Nissan Navara VANETTE not navara 1998

A superb and very reliable van - being narrower than most large vans it is ideal for working on narrow roadsides. As a mobile mechanic it has served me without a fault for 5 years even though I have neglected it!! (cobblers shoes with holes etc). Only problem is that it is too highly geared so is a bit heavy on fuel for its size.

Submitted: 2009-07-17 | ID: 43951

Keith, England

Nissan Navara Outlaw Premium 2006

This has got to be the worst car I have ever owned. Don’t be fooled by the electric/heated seats, the aircon, the leather, automatic box, sunroof, metallic paint. This is a tractor masquerading as some kind of lifestyle. Great for builders who want to step up from their trannies... or maybe not judging by the previous reporter.

Submitted: 2009-06-26 | ID: 43952

John Cook, Kent

Nissan Navara 2003

Bought this brand new in 2003. I thought it was the nuts... then joining M25 from M26 at junction 7 one morning - without warning there was a huge plume of black smoke form the exhaust. I limped the truck to the hard shoulder and called the garage although the vehicle was still under warranty they would NOT recover me or the truck, ABSOLUTE shambles - this was at 25,000 miles and 2 years old. The problem was injectors and turbo (replaced under warranty). Then at 55,000 miles the engine let go big time I managed to catch it before the conrods came through the block (apparently it is unusual to save the block). So in it went for a engine rebuild, I have to say at this point Nissan wanted what would have worked out to be £5,000 plus to replace the engine. It then covered another 4,000 miles and the crank let go, fortunately the guy that did the engine is a friend and it got rebuilt under warranty. It is now 2 years on and the engine has gone again at 75,000 miles, I can’t afford to spend any more money on this pile of crap so its being broken for spares. Oh and £300 for a throttle sensor... you are joking. FYI the new model engines are almost identical DO NOT BUY A NAVARA. I love the truck but the engine is s**t and Nissan customer service is non existent.

Submitted: 2009-06-25 | ID: 43953

Terry, Devon

Nissan Navara 2009

Having bought the truck at the end of January new, I have now realised that I made a mistake. I really miss my Transit, so decided to trade in for a Primastar thinking I would get a good trade in staying at the same garage - "oh no". I have done 1400 miles, they are offering me half what I paid for it, the paint - well you only have to look at it and and it scratches back to the primer, so as you can tell not happy.

Submitted: 2009-03-16 | ID: 43950

Paddy Rose, County Antrim

Nissan Navara 2007

Plenty of power without trailer. Very poor road holding and slides easily with a trailer. Even with a load in the trailer ride has been made more comfortable by putting in helper coil springs. It would be super if it had the Pathfinder suspension - already gone in for faulty brakes and an electrical upgrade - all warranty.

Hi. Could you tell me where you got the helper springs? - John Ahern from Ireland

Submitted: 2008-11-13 | ID: 43948

Mark Nimmo, Leicestershire

Nissan Navara 2007

Can you confirm that the Nissan Navara Truck I have is safe to drive? Listening to the media there is speculation that the safety rating is not what we expected.</p> <p><strong>Mark, below is a link to a news item that responds to the Nissan Navara safety rating issue and should help you.</strong></p> <p><a href="http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-news/index.php/2008/02/27/response-to-the-nissan-navara-pick-ups-crash-test-performance/">Response to the Nissan Navara pick up’s crash test performance</a>.

I’d suggest this link will be more informative than the blatant bit bit of advertising by the previous responder - I’m not knocking the Mitsubishi (it’s an ok truck) but better to judge the Navara safety rating with some facts. http://www.euroncap.com/tests/nissan_navara_2008_2/319.aspx - from England

Submitted: 2008-02-28 | ID: 43945

Dale Bishop, Lancashire

Nissan Navara Nissan Navara Outlaw 2.5 dCi Double Cab 2007

The Nissan Navara may have a tough exterior yet the interior could not be more sumptuous to both driver and passenger alike. The Nissan Navara has been designed to take you and your cargo wherever you wish to go in style and comfort, whilst always being prepared for the unexpected. With safety an optimum consideration the Nissan Navara makes no compromise in any area ensuring that you can drive with confidence.

Submitted: 2007-08-13 | ID: 43947

• A response has been made to Ken (21/10/2014 16:08:30)
  • A response has been made to Tom Crompton (07/09/2011 10:04:04)

• patsy's question has been answered: "we have a 2011 model turbo diesel 2.5 ST-R d22, they still made them then. - sherrie from Australia' '..." (03/10/2014 13:42:42)
  • Rob Bell's question has been answered: "I carry a OBD11 code reader and I have had my car into the local garage and they can not get any codes up on the one they use in there garage and I as - Rob Bell from Durham' '..." (17/09/2014 13:10:42)

Nissan Navara

Outlaw 2.5 Dci - Relatively easy to handle for such a large vehicle, this rugged vehicle can offer the best of both worlds - everyday pick up or family estate 4x4.

An image of the Nissan Navara Outlaw 2.5 Dci