Mitsubishi Colt consumer car reviews and road tests

Mitsubishi Colt

Mitsubishi Colt consumer reviews by year of make:1999 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011

Mitsubishi Colt consumer car reviews

Dean Connor, Yorkshire

Mitsubishi Colt Cleartec 2010

I’m a bit confused by some of the reviews I am reading about this car. My car is a 1.3 colt cleartec, the engine is very quiet, very little road noise, excellent quality plastics and seat materials, fast when you need it to be and economical. The suspension is on the firm side, but that’s not a bad thing. There is very little body roll on cornering, it copes well with the appalling road surfaces we have now. Very high spec for a car at this price, aircon,alloys, cruise control etc, et. The stop start system can be turned off if you want. £30 road tax and low insurance. It seems that my opinion and the opinion of 95% of owners differs somewhat from ’professionals’.

Submitted: 2014-02-17 | ID: 43469

Steve Green, Cambridgeshire

Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 Claertec 2011

Cheap tax and good overall economy figures. I travel 50/50 fast ’A’ roads/urban roads. Possibly has the most head room of the small car range, very comfy seats and everything to hand. The only niggles for me are the H’ifi system isn’t loud enough! (Personal taste though). Also a tendency to crunch when reverse is selected from cold starting. Maybe just my car does this? I think a good looking styled car.

Just bought wife a 07 model heard her crunch gear in reverse told her to make sure clutch fully pressed down this morning I reversed it and it happened to me. Idle speed seems high when first started so it seems you have to start car then let it warm up ok now once warm no problems - from Cheshire

Submitted: 2014-01-26 | ID: 43470

Matt, Wiltshire

Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 Cleartec 1.3 2009

Great car to drive. A smooth ride. I have had no problems with it for the first 3 years. I have upgraded the alloys and suspension for a better stiffer ride but that was purely through aesthetic purposes as the ride was a bit high for me. The fuel economy is great especially for travelling 60 miles a day to work and back and only having to pay £30 a year road tax is a big bonus!! I would definitley recommend it, although it is associaed with older drivers. I bought this car at 19 and it’s still going strong. Much quicker and more powerful than other cars of the same size and out powers most 1.4 and some 1.6 litre cars.

Submitted: 2013-01-12 | ID: 43468

Michael Page, England

Mitsubishi Colt Cleartec 2009

I’m a proud owner of a Colt Cleartec and stumbled across these other reviews online. The review I read is factually incorrect in places; the Colt Cleartec does have ESP and traction control. The Colt Cleartec is not a hot hatch, the Colt Ralliart is the hot hatch in the range so it’s unfair and unrealistic to buy a Cleartec for the performance alone. Although the Cleartec is a car, which on paper is quicker then a BMW 1 series 1.6 and in the real world I’ve left golfs, BMWs and even Mercs at the lights, this is not why you buy a Colt Cleartec. The ride is fine, you get more road noise with low rolling resistance tyres on any car. The handling is fantastic, you can really throw the car around. I own the five door and the cabin space is incredible, the boot space is not great, but because the car is taller then most cars in its class that’s a non-issue. The in car plastics are fine, the quality of the plastics is just as good as VW interiors. It’s the first Japanese car I’ve ever bought and it won’t be the last Mitsubishi I own, its just as well-built and of the same quality of German cars, but you pay a smaller premuim. The road tax is only £30 a year and it holds its value extremely well. In conclusion I would buy this car again without a second thought. Cars like Fiestas, Corsas etc., are great for the first 25000 miles but the Colt is a real winner in the long run.

Submitted: 2012-04-11 | ID: 43467

Stan Connor, Staffordshire

Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 Diesel 2008

I’ve only had mine a coupe of weeks, which I bought with 38,000 on the clock. It’s a great little car, but like other owners the auto mode leaves a lot to be desired, as it snatches too much. Manual is great, except when trying to select reverse; it doeas not want to select the geat immediately, this could be my fault though? Overall a great car, well built and roomy.

Stan, make sure you have the footbrake firmly depressed before trying to select reverse gear - Allan Mercer from Lincolnshire

Submitted: 2012-01-28 | ID: 43464

Norman Foster, Kent

Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 CZ2 AMT 2009

We’d never heard of these before, but was given one as a rental in Portugal a couple of years ago. We were so impressed we went out and immediately bought a second hand CZ2 Auto, paying only £6k for an 18month old model with 6k on the clock, what a bargain! The car is perfect for us as the wife can only drive autos and I prefer manual. My wife is a little hard of hearing so the slightly higher revs with the auto box don’t bother her at all. I really enjoy the clutchless manual mode and you don’t need to pay extra for options as the CZ2 model has everything inc. cruise control, fog lights, aircon etc. The boot is not large, but big enough for our needs. For long trips an extra suitcase can go on back seat. The interior space makes it feel like a much bigger car and it is easy to get in and out of. It provides great performance and handling with a 95bhp engine and delivers 45mpg on average, 50+ on a run and road tax is only £95 p.a. It’s reliability is exceptional according to Warranty Direct and we have had no problems in 10k miles. We have just traded it in for a brand new model as we have been so impressed with the car. We used to buy Toyotas, but can no longer afford them. This matches up extremely well for driveability and build quality and is (according to reports) more reliable than a Yaris. A hidden gem thanks to badge snobbery - keep it quiet!

Submitted: 2011-12-07 | ID: 43466

Dennis Davis, Somerset

Mitsubishi Colt 1999

So far I find the Colt a very versitile medium/small vehicle. Economy is around 40 mpg, and it provides a comfortable ride and is spacious. It is maybe a little lacking in power on long inclines, but otherwise it has no problem motoring around at 70mph.

Submitted: 2011-09-30 | ID: 43463

John A, Northamptonshire

Mitsubishi Colt Mirage 1.3 Special Edition 2005

Great car and very reliable I have had it for 3 years and now done 36000 miles. Still feels tight as a drum. Huge cabin space for class of car. 45 profile tyres on Special Edition so ride bumpy on bad surfaces. Don’t believe anyone who says 1.3 no more powerful than the 1.1; it is and goes like a 1.6. Only fault. I had to replace the gear linkage. Apparently a bad batch which mine unfortunately was one. Recommend. Better value for money than a Fiesta and more durable over time I am sure.

Submitted: 2011-05-21 | ID: 43457

Fred Stean, England

Mitsubishi Colt 2011

Fantastic Car to drive. Automatic mode is sometimes difficult, often feels like it is going to stall when you take your foot off the brake to pull away. I do also like to drive the car manually as it seems far more responsive, and the gearing seems more approriate than the automatic mode.

Submitted: 2011-03-28 | ID: 43456

Ben Harvey, Norfolk

Mitsubishi Colt Automatic 2008

Now had my Colt 1.3 CZ2 Semi Automatic for six months and still finding it hard to drive! The car itself, minus the transmission is brilliant, a lovely little car, real value for money. In semi auto mode the car isn’t too bad and I am able to have a fair degree of control over it. However in full auto mode its a nightmare! High revs, a high gear change plus erratic gear change down when reducing speed, makes it almost dangerous to drive in full auto mode. Garage admits that it is a high rev car but told me to feather the accelerator pedal when in full auto mode just before the car changes gear. When in full auto mode I want the car to drive me not the other way round. Will probably try to sell this in the next year, I won’t be buying another auto. I’m sure a manual is a joy.

Submitted: 2011-02-18 | ID: 43458

Steve Gavigan, Yorkshire

Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 D Equipe 2005

A little gem, fantastic economy; over 50mpg during my comute to work. Easy to drive. Plenty of room and good visability, once you get used to the front "A" pillar grumbles. Interior a bit plastic and the boot is a bit small. Overall a good little car.

Submitted: 2011-02-15 | ID: 43459

Trevor Hibbert, England

Mitsubishi Colt cleartec 2010

After a Passat wanted to downsize. A degree of exclusivity here, how many do you see? Ok so it’s not as well made as a Corsa or Fiesta but £30 for a years tax and good mpg. Still can’t find the boot, there’s a glovebox where the boot should be and the rear seats do not slide on 5 door cleartec. After a month of ownership i’m suitably impressed. Buy one and watch your savings grow.

Submitted: 2010-12-20 | ID: 43462

Chris Jacobs, Hampshire

Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 d i.d. diesel auto 2007

Brilliant car! The 6 speed AMT transmission isn’t perfect, but what an engine... quite nippy, fantastic fuel economy. I was getting 52 mpg around town, and around 65+ on longer runs. The only gripe I have is that the boot space is a bit limited. Really well built little car, I’ve had it for 3 years, and 37,000 miles, absolutely no faults whatever. Why oh why have they dropped the diesel engine option on the new models?

Hi, I totally agree with you but I think the engine was developed my MB and SMART for the SMART Four Four which is no longer in production so Mitsubishi can no longer get that engine - Stuart Cox from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2010-08-10 | ID: 43460

John Sykes, Staffordshire

Mitsubishi Colt 2010

I bought a new (2010) Colt in March of this year and I am delighted with it. It has everything that I want in a car, air con, electric mirrors, free servicing for three years, free AA membership. This is my nineteenth car in 53 years of driving and it is the best one I’ve ever had. One small niggle I had with it was the aerial which used to catch on my garage door. It was just too long. So I replaced it with an ultra short Bee-sting aerial and now I am completely satisfied.

Submitted: 2010-06-27 | ID: 43453

Helen McDonald, East Lothian (Haddingtonshire)

Mitsubishi Colt attivo 2006

Fantastic car, great size and a really looking car. I got the illusion blue colour, and it really is nice. The Colt is a great running car. I shall sell mine later on in the year, and update to a 2009 Mitsibushi Colt . I would recommend.

Submitted: 2010-06-25 | ID: 43454

Darren Roby, Lancashire

Mitsubishi Colt 4 door CZ1 2007

I have only had our CZ1 for 5 weeks, what a little cracker. Brilliant fuel economy, excellent build quality and the exhaust note of the 1.1 is great. I’ve now sold my 4x4 and am looking for another one.

Submitted: 2010-06-17 | ID: 43455

Muj, Cardiff

Mitsubishi Colt 2008

Best car by miles the only downside with mine is there isn’t a owner manual in the car, it was bought from a big used car company, does anyone know how to get hold of one?<br /><br />

It doesn’t have one. You get a key card with username and password and then you can check all the historic at your dealer - from Portugal

Submitted: 2010-05-30 | ID: 43451

Gilbert Brooman, Northumberland

Mitsubishi Colt attivo 2008

I bought it 1 year old. Considering it is a special edition I thought it may have air conditioning or electric mirrors, maybe it has free servicing? Must find out, anybody got any info?

Submitted: 2010-01-01 | ID: 43449

Phil Saunders, Wiltshire

Mitsubishi Colt CZ1 2008

Bought my Colt in 2008 for 6k, 2nd hand but only done 34 miles, so basically a new car. I like the free servicing, I don’t like very very soft paint; scratches easily is not the word! Also, as I speak, the car is in the dealership for a major oil leak (rear main oil seal). I’ve had no car for 2 days, gearbox out etc... thank god I’m not paying! I’m very disappointed BUT would buy a cabriolet...

Submitted: 2009-08-14 | ID: 43450

Stephen Frome, Derbyshire

Mitsubishi Colt 1.5T CZT 2007

Great little car. Really grips and you can steer it on a sixpence (as my dad would say). Feels solid and you can tell it’s really well made. Good fuel consumption and low depreciation also major factors in me choosing this car. It’s not the cheapest car in it’s class but I do think you get value for money.

Submitted: 2008-03-15 | ID: 43471

Harry, Buckinghamshire

Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 ltr. 5 dr. Equippe 2007

Excellent economy. good comfort with a/c, e.s.r, seat adjustment. Very practical with the seat options, fold tilt slid remove. Very good dealer support.

Submitted: 2007-10-12 | ID: 43472

• A response has been made to Steve Green (30/07/2014 06:20:16)
  • A response has been made to Stan Connor (28/01/2012 21:14:06)

• "can anyone help please. the location of the " data link connector "(d.l.c.), on colt mercedes engine 1.5 di-d cz2 automatic..." (joan flanagan, 23/11/2014 11:45:03)
  • "My Mitsubishi Colt DID 1500 diesel glow plug light stayed lit for around 10 seconds after the engine started? The car then run as normal? Please c..." (Dean, 10/11/2014 22:21:17)
  • "When I open the door on my CZC Convertible the window does not go down that wee bit it should. Also the window does not operate from the switch?..." (doni, 10/11/2014 00:42:13)
  • "hi,i have a mitsubishi colt 1.3 cz2 3 dr semi automatic,is a good little car but since i bought it i hear a noise when changes gears from 2nd gear t..." (gabby, 01/11/2014 12:57:36)
  • "Hi the front brakes are coming on while driving, if I touch the brake pedal once or twice they will free up. When this happens the brake pedal is ver..." (Martin o neill, 20/10/2014 12:07:28)

• Elaine's question has been answered: "I am having the same problem with my mitsubishi colt amt 2009 with the R staying at O sometimes it is fine other times its a right pain. If you find t - sidney from Portsmouth' '..." (16/11/2014 14:02:49)
  • Abel's question has been answered: "Hi Abel, I have a Mitsubishi colt DiD, I had it for over one year. Today for the first time I had the same problem. Battery is ok, all the lights co - miron from Cambridgeshire' '..." (05/10/2014 19:56:04)

Mitsubishi Colt

Cleartec - The Colt Cleartec adds £500 to the price of a standard 1.3-litre model, so you’d need to travel a long way to make up this extra expense even when the Cleartec provides 56.5mpg combined economy to the standard car’s 48.7mpg.

An image of the Mitsubishi Colt Cleartec