Kia Shuma consumer car reviews and road tests

Kia Shuma

Does a shuma2 need a cam belt change cos its dowqne 22k 2002 model

Submitted: 2014-11-04 | ID: 105672

Doug Hewitt, Aberdeenshire

Kia Shuma 1.8GLX 2004

Good quality and cheap, the 1.8 GLS averages 38mpg in town, 28mpg whilst towing caravan. It puts a lot of boy racers to shame; 130 mph top speed but quite noisy at cruising speed and too much cold air comes into cab so heater has to be on to keep ambient temp. Air Con is a bonus, so are the leather seats. It tows a 1-ton caravan with ease, holds corners like glue - a very under estimated car. I have spent a bit of money spent on it - k+n filter, janspeed exhaust, turbo, lowering kit. This 1.8 will shift!

Submitted: 2009-03-02 | ID: 42100

Ken Farquhar, Essex

Kia Shuma Shuma II L 2003

I bought one from my neighbour 2 years ago, with 110,000 miles on the clock because I desperately needed a car quickly. I thought would probably sell it on fairly quickly, but in fact it is so good I am still running it. It is a huge car compared to all the other 1600s I have had but performs quite reasonably given the size. Road holding is excellent and the ride is quite smooth, even on bumpy country roads. Steering is positive with a good feel at both high and low speeds. For a really cheap car it is well equipped - the only thing lacking is aircon, but it has the hottest heater of any car I have owned - brilliant in the winter. The car comes into it’s own as a motorway cruiser - rock steady even at high speeds, and reasonably quiet and very comfortable. Several 3-400 mile drives have left me feeling less tired and achy than any other car I have driven. A great car for such a low price!

Submitted: 2008-07-30 | ID: 42097

Lee Morgan, Blaenau Gwent

Kia Shuma 2001

I’ve got one and they are ****

Submitted: 2008-01-02 | ID: 42099

Toby Cedars, Cornwall

Kia Shuma 1.6 2007

I’ve recently had use of my Dad’s Shuma for the past fortnight whilst I try to sort out a replacement for my own car written off in an accident (not my fault - don’t get me started)! This isn’t a bad looking car and the comfort levels are surprising, however, the gear box isn’t much cop and I’ve had to struggled a few times with it. The power of the engine felt surprisingly lacking at times for a 1.6 although the overall drive was quite good. Not a bad car for the money but don’t think it would suit everyone.

Submitted: 2007-10-02 | ID: 42098