Jaguar X-Type consumer car reviews and road tests

Jaguar X-Type

Jaguar X-Type consumer reviews by year of make:2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010

Jaguar X-Type consumer car reviews

JOHN LANE, Kent

Jaguar X-Type 2001 - 2007

I needed to quickly replace my Mondeo after it was written off by another motorist not looking where he was going. I managed to find a 3.0L Jaguar X-type 2005 with full history having only covered 30k. This motor without doubt has proved the best money for value motor I have ever owned. It was and still is in excellent condition and drives as smooth and quiet as can be. The performance is as good as any, and this has made me look at getting a S-TYPE next. During the two years ownership I have only had to pay for two services and a set of tyres. The motor still drives like new, the only complaint is the fuel consumption, but hey, with this kind of drive who cares!

Submitted: 2014-06-13 | ID: 97625

Martin Millar, Sussex

Jaguar X-Type 2002

Before buying this car I had read all the reviews and some were positive and others much less so, however I have owned a 3 series and 5 series BMW (both purchased 2nd hand) and regard the X type as more than equal in looks, performance, reliability and fuel economy. It’s also fantastic value for money compared with other used cars of this age, so shop around for a good one and you will not be disappointed.

How can you compare the Jag X-Type to a BMW 3 series? I currently own both and the 3 series is a far better car. - John Workman from Somerset

Submitted: 2013-11-29 | ID: 41796

Matthew Gilmore, Lancashire

Jaguar X-Type 2007

Changed my 2.5 auto for the 2.0 diesel. I’ve had the car 3 years and have had to have a new turbo fitted due to intermittent cutting out, but other than that I am more than happy with the car. Ok the 2.5 auto was a little quieter at low revs and maybe a tad quicker, but the petrol consumption was another matter, particularly when driven hard. the diesel is frugal on fuel and is quick enough for anyone, in fact I need to keep an eye on the speedo to keep a clean licence. Servicing is done at a local ’good garage’ who specialise in Jaguar and stamp the book with the Jag logo - not the cheapest, but less expensive than main agents. Both cars have been the same colour, Indigo Blue with Barley leather. I love both cars but the diesel is easier on my old age pension, I am 79 but still drive on the limit and the car suits my driving style. Watch out boy racers!

Nice to hear about your positive experience. I bought a Jun ’04 X Type 2.0 D SE two years ago. It was well taken care of, however it did require some repairs - which were not cheap - but after sourcing the OEM parts, the bill went down drastically, and the car drives very well now. It is a smooth car and a joy to watch and drive. Consumption is good and, in a country where BMW’s, Mercs and VW seem so common, at least I feel I have something different. Only pity is that it’s a front wheel drive, and that Jaguar did not give the underbody any protection against corrosion. Other small niggles like rear trunk hood rusts because the plinth/rear plate light unit scratches the spray, incredibly tight working space in the engine area, boot capacity limited by depth, I also don’t like the small spare wheel and the fact that you have to remove the engine under cover to access the sump drain and oil filter. After inspecting the underside, I found many grommets missing - which could lead to potential rust problems. Overall, a well cared for specimen should last many miles and years. If you plan to keep one for a number of years, might as well invest in some time to review its uderside and treat any rust as early as possible. Keep an eye on the sills and installing front and rear mudflaps would help, too - John Micallef from Malta

Submitted: 2013-03-31 | ID: 41789

Kenneth Miller, England

Jaguar X-Type SE 2007

Best car that I have ever had and I have had a few!

Submitted: 2013-01-13 | ID: 41791

Clive Halsey, England

Jaguar X-Type Saloon 2002

I was dubious when buying my (low mileage) X-type as I have had many Jaguars before. I loved them all, but they were unreliable. It is the 2.1 petrol engined SE and returns about the same mpg as my Ford Mondeo 2 litre, but it is an absolutely superb car. Initially I found the lack of torque a bother,<span style="white-space: pre;"> </span> but soon became used to it and enjoy the free revving engine that comes over-square. It handles well and is very comfortable and quiet. I have just the basic bits as factory supplied and find the music, climate control and the host of added features to be of high quality and reliable. Why the New York Times should be so rude about the car must reflect on a poor sample being tested or total ignorance of the tester. If you buy one you won’t regret it.

Submitted: 2012-12-16 | ID: 41792

William Cornish, England

Jaguar X-Type saloon 2001

The best fun I have had since driving a mini in the 70s. On a run it’s good on fuel. One can relax behind the wheel. It gets lots of looks from other drivers.

Would like to contact William as my name is the same and I have an X-Type. Email cornish.john@googlemail.com - William Cornish from Kent

Submitted: 2012-10-11 | ID: 41793

Danny Baker, Hertfordshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.5V6 AWD Auto 2001

Have owned my Jag for 5 years now. It’s the longest I’ve ever kept a car, previous to this 2 years was longest. Wasn’t sure about it when I first got it but It’s an absolutely stunning car and has never let me down. Being an auto you would expect it to be juicy but returns approx 30-35mpg. Just turned 87,000 miles but still as good as new. Will be keeping this until it goes to the big scrap yard in the sky.<br /><br /><br />

Submitted: 2012-09-05 | ID: 41795

Alan Carter, Northumberland

Jaguar X-Type 2.2 S diesel 2007

From my first test drive I have been like a dog with two noses!!! It is pretty nippy and has good economy. Everything works and all the badges are fixed correctly, the windows stay closed and the auto door locks are a welcome standard fit. The seats are a little on the firm side, but still comfortable. I love the way it sticks to the road, inspiring great confidence when cornering and on twisting roads. It is a car that I am really pleased to have bought, it’s a pity it is no more (bring on the X F estate).

Submitted: 2011-12-19 | ID: 41787

Eric Goodwin, Scotland

Jaguar X-Type 2.2 diesel sovereign 2007

very rattly from rear when going over small bumps on the road.

Submitted: 2011-09-30 | ID: 41788

Simon Smith, Scotland

Jaguar X-Type 2.1 V6 SE 2002

Whilst the car was a pleasure to drive, the following points will stop me from buying one again. I bought this car in 2008 and recently sold it due to having too many frequent problems with it. Having added up all the bills for it, I spent over £3,500 on repairs including yearly services. I needed to replace ABS sensors, handbrake cables and callipers, all wheel bearings, numerous break pads, exhaust, head gasket, oxygen sensors and that’s all I care to remember. I bought the car with only 50,000 miles on the clock. If you do decide to buy one, check the sills as they have a reputation to badly rust and that’s big bucks to repair! When it did work though, it was probably the best car I have ever driven. It’s very smooth and quiet and despite it’s problems, I actually quite miss it! It was brilliant in the snow over the last two winters as it has fantastic traction control. Fuel consumption though is not great except on the motorways but Jags are designed for the country roads! All in all, I probably won’t buy another one but if you can live with the above problems, get one as it was truly a pleasure to drive. At least I can say I have owned a Jaguar.

Submitted: 2011-07-01 | ID: 41786

David Marriott, England

Jaguar X-Type Sport 2002

Unreliable with an awful Gearbox that completely broke down at 19,000 miles and the new Gearbox fitted by Jaguar at a cost of £3,400 was no better. Worst £21,000 I have ever spent, I then acquired a Lexus is250 and I am now on my second one, the are in a completely different class.

Submitted: 2011-06-06 | ID: 41776

Brian Wallace, Wrexham

Jaguar X-Type 2003

I had a Saab 95, that was basically a Vectra in posh skin and turned into a money pit. So I bought a mondeo when I got fed up spending on the Saab. So three years of trouble free motoring, I decide on a Mondeo in posh clothes and buy the X-Type 2.0 se. Suddenly I realise GM manage to crucify a great car and Ford manage to resurrect an unreliable classic. The big man smiled on me when I bought this...

Submitted: 2011-04-15 | ID: 41773

Dirk Minter-Wright, Warwickshire

Jaguar X-Type Sport Premium 2.0D 2005

I don’t understand the reviews regarding poor quality or unreliability, I suppose it’s down to servicing on a regular basis or a car built on a Friday afternoon. I have had this car - 2.0D Sport Premium - for over 12 months, 16 months to be exact. I bought it used with 95k miles on the clock with a full Jag service history, I have just clocked 100,577 miles, and it feels so tight and ready for more. The fuel consumption is breathtaking, it’s so surprisingly frugal. For example, I can be on the motorway using the cruise control at 70mph and the trip computer will return a reading of ......56mpg!!!. A lot of people have said to me, it’s a Ford in a dinner jacket, my reply is having briefly owned a Mondeo 2004, it’s no comparison. The feel, the ride, the feedback from the wheels and steering, the slick gear changes, the comfortable auto climate control, the premium sound system, the electronic wizardry behind the scenes just make the whole driving experience a pleasure. Previous to my Mondeo I owned an Izusu Trooper, Volvo 940, Merc 230E, BMW 3 series and Ford Sierra 4x4. All have been satisfying cars in their own right but none comes close to the car I own now - I know technology and age plays a part but these are relative to technological development. I originally was looking for VW Passat, but after my Wife discovered this little beauty through the Autotrader, we went to have a look. We were smitten instantly, a low slung grey four door saloon with 18" rims and 40mm hoops looks the business. It comes with one touch electric windows all round, electric seats (with memory settings and with heating), trick rear view mirror (dims when hit with headlights of cars behind), folding mirrors, premium sound system with 6 CD changer ina cavernous boot plus the option of another CD in the head unit, Auto climate control from freezing to toasted, heated front and rear screens, front and rear park assist, 6 airbags (front, side and curtain) auto HID lights, auto wipers with rainfall detection, Dynamic Stability Control, ABS, Brake Assist, Traction Control, Full Quality Leather Upholstery, Carbon Fibre Dash, Jaguar Voice, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, ..... the list goes on then there are hidden things that the car does for you automatically like auto rear defrost in cold weather when you turn the key. If any one is thinking about this type of car as a buy and are hearing the pub regulars saying it’s a Ford, or get the Beemer instead or grab the Audi......think on because the wow factor and road presence the Jag has, is not to be underestimated. Service it regularly, you don’t have to use Jag garages, use a Jag specialist or like me download a copy of the Jag service schedule from jaguarforums.co.uk, of which I am a member and use your trusted garage to enjoy trouble free, classy, satisfying motoring. Oh, by the way I did Rugby to Carlisle and return in a day and loved every minute, the ride was perfect, the climate control and sound system was just sublime. Try one, I did and I was a bit dubious before as I belong to a generation where a Jag was a big thirsty saloon........what a surprise.

Submitted: 2011-04-13 | ID: 41774

Andrew Johnson, Sussex

Jaguar X-Type 2.5 Se 2002

I have owned one of these for seven years and it’s good quality for price point. It always looks good when clean. 2.5 gives 32-34mpg with a little foot control. Power and comfort are both very good.

Submitted: 2011-04-12 | ID: 41775

John Shumsky, Ayrshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.0 die 2004

Had the car just over a month, great motor brilliant on fuel as it’s quite a heavy car, loads of power. I had a Merc c180 coupe before, but the Jag beats it hands down. The Merc was of better build quality, but I would say the Jag beats it in other ways, once all polished up it turns heads!!!

Submitted: 2011-04-02 | ID: 41772

John Morris, Northamptonshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.5 V6 manual 2001

I bought my 2001 X-type 2.5 litre manual 4X4 4 months ago, just before the Christmas snows. It is my 3rd Jaguar, the others being an XJS V12 (beautiful in every way but thirsty in the extreme) and an XJ8, again perfect in every way but not econimical. I have owned a Merc 500 SEC (cost me £500 - an absolute steal) and a 560 SEC - beautiful but a bit troublesome due to its age (19 years). Twenty years ago I had a Rover Sterling which, I thought then, was the best car I’d ever owned: very fast, luxurious a pleasure to look at, drive and own. BUT, my X-type tops the lot. I’ve added the proper full-size leaping jaguar for the bonnet so the car looks great. It’s extremely cofortable, luxurious with plenty of leather and wood. It’s fast when I want it to be with loads of power, economical (well, after the other two) maybe 30+ average and great in snow conditions. So far - 80,000 - totally reliable and I’m pleased to say, the best car I’ve ever owned. I can’t wait to go on a long continental trip in it. Fabulous, would recommend it.

Submitted: 2011-01-22 | ID: 41777

Bryan Jones, England

Jaguar X-Type 3L 2010

What can I say? A real nice car, goes well, handles nice, gear changes are sweet and no problems at all from mine! I’m a happy bunny with my lovely pussy cat. I know some say it’s a poor mans Jag but hey, I like mine, it’s not too big, plenty of power in the 3L engine and is hooked up well to 5 speed 4 wheel drive, whisper quiet with a nice growl if I use it. Great English build, superbly comfortable car and in my opinion I got a lot more for my money than if I’d gone for just the badge of a German built car.<br /><br />

This could mean a scrambled/faulty ecu or immobiliser fault, the immobiliser is incorporated into the body control module which also controls the electric windows and central locking and alarm and lights etc. You could have a weak battery - I would check this first, a weak battery can cause all kinds of errorneus errors. A good sign of this is the rev counter and speedo going to maximum when you turn the ignition on and try to start. Also try disconnecting the battery for about 30mins to attempt a reset - Stuart McMillan from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2010-11-28 | ID: 41781

Ste Moyers, Lancashire

Jaguar X-Type 2.0 se 2002

I do a 50 mile trip every day to and from work and I work on the German motor cycles for a living so you can imagine the looks I get in my overalls when I stop for petrol. This car did not get the recognition it deserved, never misses a beat and in Jag racing green it looks great.

Submitted: 2010-11-14 | ID: 41779

Michael Harper, County Down

Jaguar X-Type 2099cc Petrol 2004

Had this car from new. Very comfortable drive and nice to look at but thats all the positive I can say about it. Paint work excellent. The finish both interior and exterior was very poor. Chrome trim needed to be replaced after 4 years. Power steering unit went at 45,000 miles. Rear struts needed replaced after 52,000 miles. Gear box star wheels went at 65,000 miles. One O2 sensors at 65000. These were all very expensive repairs. The interior carpet was cut too short and after about 18 months the edge was visible under the passenger side front door. The windscreen air vent trims both rattled loose after a few years and the central locking system did not function properly more often than even though the vehicle was recalled to fix this problem. This should have been a better vehicle but was disappointing all round. Never more so than when the dealer (Charles Hurst, Belfast) told me it was not a real Jag anyway. The dealer also gave me a list of repairs needing done urgently. One of these urgent repairs was replacement of brake pads all round as the braking system was dangerously flawed because of worn pads. I only got another 18 months and 14,000 miles out of them when I replaced them. When they were repaced there was still 1/3 wear remaining. Just could not trust the dealer to tell me the truth. To crown it all when I sold the car in 2010 fuel consumption had plummetted to around 20 MPG with careful driving. A big disappointment all round. The X type is a poor mans Jag and in no way compares with the BMW 3 series vehicle s which I drove for years.

Submitted: 2010-11-13 | ID: 41778

Mike Carty, Sussex

Jaguar X-Type SE 2004

Bought my Jag X-Type two and a half years ago and went for the 2.0d turbo variant. I’ve loved this car, its a pleasure to look at, a gorgeous dark blue on 17’s, turns heads and when polished looks far more expensive than a Mondeo dressed in its best skirt. When I bought it it had 40k on the clock, now it has 116k on the clock and going strong. I’ve always ensured its serviced (not at Jag - too expensive) and kept looking smart. The concerns are: My car has an annoying electrical fault which involves a flashing glow plug light - search this on the net and you’ll be amazed how big this issue is. I have tried to rectify it however have been unsuccessful and I wasn’t prepared to spend any more money on a intermittent fault - big shame and a common issue. Interior is luxurious but it is bulit to a cost, poor build quality on centre console and 2 pieces of loose plastic at the top dash directing air flow is very annoying they move around and make a lot of noise. 3 stars from me, I’m passing my X-Type onto my wife and I’ll be getting a new Passat CC - I can’t bring myself to sell my X-Type!

Submitted: 2010-11-12 | ID: 41780

Rod Playford, Dorset

Jaguar X-Type 2.5 SE Auto 2008

Bought mine exactly 2 years ago and when driving, have had a big beaming smile ever since. I love to drive it and wish my workplace was further away so I could enjoy the journey even more. Fuel consumption is pretty high around town, but on a run it’s excellent. Smooth engine and gearbox, handling is sure and performance overall very good. A head turner if ever there was one. If you wish to feel ’special’ get one. There is one drawback, arriving is a disappointment, but there’s always the drive back to bring the smile back to your face.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-10-14 | ID: 41783

Richard Beggs, County Down

Jaguar X-Type 2010

I’ve always wanted one and now I have one. It was well worth the wait and now I feel like a King. A fantastic car to drive.

Submitted: 2010-07-28 | ID: 41785

Gary Winter, Cardiff

Jaguar X-Type 2003

Finally bought a Jag after much deliberation after reports of unreliability. The X-type dispelled these reports and I am pleased to say that I have had no problems except a minor electrical glitch and am enjoying a proper luxury but practical drive. I am thinking of purchasing a new model.

Submitted: 2010-07-21 | ID: 41784

Andrei, Romania

Jaguar X-Type 2.0D Sport 2005

Went back countless times in warranty for the first three years (electrical, distribution, fuel leaked on engine, driver’s seat electrical motor, lighter, DSC computer), boot not opening, driver’s door not opening, hood not closing. Just after the warranty it left me in the road with a broken... I don’t know the term (the shaft that connects the gearbox with the wheel). A non buy. Forgot to mention - smoke at the exhaust for full throttle, sometimes the car doesn’t lock (have to reinsert the key).

Submitted: 2010-01-21 | ID: 41771

Garnett Hicks, Kent

Jaguar X-Type estate diesel 2007

THE WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. I bought an x-type estate for work, it was a top of the range deisel model. The interior additional accessories were top rate, although Ford switches and gauges left a lot to be desired. The first week I had it and keen to show it off I was on route to BrandsHatch Hotel for a business meeting. I went via Tunbridge Wells and picked up a colleague. I then drove along the A.21, as this is a duel carriageway I was anxious to try the car out I hit and maintained speeds of around the 85mph. As I reached the M.25 I felt the vehicle twitching at the rear end. I slowed and left the motorway to find a rear offside puncture. I changed the wheel and had to fit that rediculous space saver spare wheel (these in my opinion are positivly dangerous as you should be under 50mph but with a car of this calibre it is difficult epecially on an A road) Bad luck I thought, in fact I could not remember a puncture for years before. In the following three months I have had another three similar incidents resulting in a new tyre each time at £130 + vat. I spoke to Jaguar who were less than helpful, the attitude was we have got your money so bye bye. I spoke to Perelli who expressed a great interest but of course they wanted a tyre to examine and I could not recover one. I took legal advice and wsa informed that I had a case under the sale of goods act, but I have no money to take on the like of Jaguar. This has left a sour taste in my mouth. I would buy another Jaguar but definately NOT an X-Type.

I would like to say that I had the same treatment from Jaguar when they failed to fixed my X TYPE. No longer have the car as I have no confidence in the Jaguar service team. Love to have another one but no way after poor servicing. I did write and discuss with Jaguar (main office) but no support on the issues with the garage - Paul Jackson from England

Submitted: 2010-01-14 | ID: 41769

Keith McKay, Northamptonshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.1 ltr automatic 2003

I bought this car a year ago in showroom condition with 37k on the clock and found it to be the best used car I have owned. It is ultra smooth driving and luxury at an affordable price. Although some reviews comment on the fuel economy I think it a small price to pay, but driven sensibly the economy is not much less than vehicles of the same size. My one and only criticism of the 2.1 engine is that it is slightly under-powered. But all in all a great vehicle to own and drive.

Submitted: 2009-07-20 | ID: 41807

Saad Ahmad, Berkshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.0 Petrol. 2009

Bought my first car Jag X-Type from dealer, only 12,000 miles was on the clock, and inside was everything brand new, still own this car, my personal opinion- good car to drive specially the petrol manual gear box, as I can drive as hard as I can means taking the rev to 6,000, top speed 120mph after that the car start to fly or I don’t have the courage. Fuel consumption not bad in full tank approx: 55L it gives me 350 miles, mix of motor way & city drive. Maintenance not expense as I do all at my local garage, change oil, oil filter, fuel filter & air filter every year and car runs like a Jaguar. Oh one thing in snowy condition the car brakes are use less and slips side ways even traction control is on. Bottom line have one and I have impressed all my bosses at the work. They think I am rich...

Submitted: 2009-04-07 | ID: 41808

Richard Wilton, Berkshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.0D S Estate Car 2005

Done 80,000 miles in three years and the biggest (and only) problem was that a catch of a cubby lid in the boot came unglued! If I hear a rattle, I know I have to tidy up the rubbish in the door bins, because there aren’t any loose trim rattles. Loads of torque, excellent fuel economy, total reliability, marvellous looks, people think it costs much more than it does to buy and run. Loads of space when you fold the seats, even though it’s low and sleek. Grace, pace, space, as the Jaguar slogan used to be. What more could you want? Oh yes, and it’s made in Britain. I already have an order in for the next one.

Submitted: 2008-10-17 | ID: 41803

Ron Morgan, Cheshire

Jaguar X-Type Saloon SE petrol auto 6 pots 2005

If you want a trouble free Luxury Saloon, so easy to drive to North of Scotland and back, you could not do better. So it uses petrol, I am a low mileage user 4K/annum, so my outlay for fuel is not a problem. Never mind the pundits. If you are a petrol head like me and must have a class car, you cannot do better. I will be hanging on to mine for a while yet, as I love it.

Submitted: 2008-10-06 | ID: 41802

Paul Sykes, Yorkshire

Jaguar X-Type 2000 2003

I have had two of these. the first was a brand new new reg Sept 02 which went back 11 times in 8 months under warranty (electrics mainly) the 2nd was a three month old which I got after pestering Jaguar and the dealers. This was much better, only went back 4 times in 20 months and eventually expired at 26 months old in France when it took 29 days to bring it home and repair it. These cars are an absolute pile of s**t and are best avoided.

Submitted: 2008-08-26 | ID: 41801

Al Ferguson, Aberdeenshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.0D S 2007

The X Type has made driving a pleasure once more. It is comfortable, reliable and refined - the ride quality is the best I have ever encountered. Handling is responsive and the fuel economy is excellent for a car of its type. This is one of the least expensive executive cars and this should be taken into account when comparing it against much more expensive models. The car is unquestionably beautiful but the road noise is excessive and this stops me from awarding it 5 stars.

Submitted: 2008-05-01 | ID: 41799

Douglas Stewart, Lanarkshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.5 2002

Got this car with 40,000k on the clock for 3 grand. Love it.

Submitted: 2008-04-29 | ID: 41800

Ronald Davies, Oxfordshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.20 Sovereign 5dr 2007

This is a very affordable car, not only to buy but to run. It’s a wonderful car to drive, perfectly balanced and gives a perfectly smooth ride, as you would expect. Well equipped and a very comfortable interior that seats 5 adults no problem. Good safety features mean it’s a good choice as a family car too. Lovely car.

Submitted: 2008-04-22 | ID: 41798

Aidan Spencer, Northumberland

Jaguar X-Type 2002

Excellent all round, all wheel drive car.

Submitted: 2008-02-18 | ID: 41806

Dave Milner, Yorkshire

Jaguar X-Type S.E. 2003

Having owned this particular vehicle now for nearly two years I thought it was about time that I dropped my comments in on the sea of reviews that sail across the internet, some with sails, most without. When I first purchased the delightful 2.0 litre S.E model, a platinum coloured car from a local dealer I was silently assured in my outer ego that luxurious driving is all about the history book's and racing breeds of yesterday that is Jaguar, (or should that be was, Jaguar?)</p><p>I was impressed with the engine, I mean who wouldn't be ... 2 litres of gentle cattish purring ... smooth and comfort in every aspect of the cars coat and internal plushness ... oh and not forgetting the array of buttons and gadgets that surround you in the not quite "top of the range" version of the X-Type saloon. The first drive was impressive, the next twelve months or so was my Jaguar honeymoon period where you see it ... you want it ... and basically you have it, (this reminds most guys of early dating games and the girls who used to oblige!). And finally, the past nine months where the old style classic shapes and internal leather belongings seem to be a little tiring in the now updated and refined competitive marques that simply offer a longer lasting vision of what cars should be when they pass you on motorways and in back lanes without seemingly even trying too hard.</p><p>It has been a steady jog owning a Jaguar x-type, and now I think I am ready for a few sprints and long distance races, guess what ... think i will go and test drive the new 3 series, oh and should really check out the Z4, but just when your mind wants to jump in and lock horns with a competitor ... they go and release the Jaguar XF! It’s bloody hard deciding when you have pond of vehicles all swimming to reach your financial shores, and the resting place of an assured and certain mind. I think every honest driver should take a look at the Jaguar X-type range, but reckon most of them would do this for heritage rather than personal privilege ... It's been fine owning the car, driving the car, servicing the car, washing the car, but just not what i thought it was going to be. X-Type or your type...you decide.

Submitted: 2007-12-10 | ID: 41805

Anne Healey, Yorkshire

Jaguar X-Type 2.0D Sport Estate 2007

The Jag X-type is the best car I have ever owned. A cheap Jag that is practical yet still has all the prestige of a Jag. Better by far than any of it’s near rivals.

Submitted: 2007-11-02 | ID: 41804

• "car would not start, replaced battery with new one run for 120 miles. tried to start it following day but it would not start again any ideas..." (michelle, 29/08/2014 17:13:10)
  • "car would not start, replaced battery with new one run for 120 miles. tried to start it following day but it would not start again any ideas..." (michelle, 29/08/2014 17:13:00)
  • "I have a jag x type and the turbo has stopped working at the moment I am in Italy is it ok to drive without the turbo working as I need to get it bac..." (Dennis Horne, 24/08/2014 17:11:57)
  • "I have just noticed that my Jaguar is starting to misfire between 50 and 70mph and when accelerating a lot of black smoke comes out of the exhaust. ..." (Sue Lawrence, 13/08/2014 17:31:57)
  • "I bought my jaguar x type 2001 second hand. It's a 2.5 lit petrol auto. Of late it's refusing to start because the air con keeps switching itself on ..." (Susan, 11/08/2014 00:53:01)

• Stuart Houlgrave's question has been answered: "Fully Insert the nozzle and rotate through 90degrees so that the cut out sensor isn't at the bottom and it should pump just fine - Tony from Moray' '..." (20/08/2014 14:52:25)
  • Ron's question has been answered: "I have the same noise on my 2004 diesel. Sounds like some sort of humming noise coming from the dash. I did think this might drain the battery over ti - Rob from Shropshire' '..." (18/08/2014 11:26:59)

Jaguar X-Type

A lovely drive can be attained from the Jaguar X-type / Ford Mondeo. A popular choice for company car drivers, the diesel engines are frugal and the CO2 emission figures and amongst the lowest in the compact executive category.

An image of the Jaguar X-Type