Hyundai Getz consumer car reviews and road tests

Hyundai Getz

Hyundai Getz consumer reviews by year of make:2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010

Hyundai Getz consumer car reviews

Okan Cimer, Turkey

Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRDI 2008

I’ve done over 40,000 kms in three years. Except interior quality a really good car. Especially suitable for city traffic. The luggage space isn’t enough for families who have children though.

Submitted: 2011-02-12 | ID: 41316

Vicky L, Hampshire

Hyundai Getz 1.3 Gsi 2005

I Bought my Black, Hyundai Getz 1.3 Gsi with 21,000 miles on the clock from Arnold Clark. My previous car was a 1999 Toyota Yaris and if I’m honest my Getz is far better! The area I live is rural and the roads are awful. the Getz is fantastic on the roughest roads and extremely comfotable even at speed. The handling isn’t bad at all and it is quick to accelerate. I LOVE this car, is it great fun to drive it is cheap, looks great and is sturdy. The Getz is not just a great little town car, It is great on rural roads and perfect for long distance motorway driving.

Submitted: 2010-11-16 | ID: 41317

Ryan Thompson, Cumberland

Hyundai Getz 1.1 Petrol 2006

A few year ago I became a driving instructor and bought the Getz with 30000 miles on, it cost me £3500 which wasn’t too bad. The car was a bit basic but had everything I needed including A/C , a god send in summer when your in it all day. 18 months later with 100000 miles on the clock not a single thing has gone wrong with it, I’ve serviced it every 10000miles and believe me it’s been worked hard by most of my pupils. Before I sold it iIhad to get a new clutch fitted but that was about £250 fitted by local garage. The only reason I did sell it was to pay my bloody tax bill, after selling it I decided to go back to my old job as a plumber so bought a transit van; now that thing I could write a book on it’s problems.

Submitted: 2010-11-13 | ID: 41318

Manny Domaot, Philippines

Hyundai Getz 1.1 litre gasoline 2010

The car is quite good for budget and quality conscious buyers. It is fuel efficient at 18 km/liter in the highway. I have tried it at 140 km/hour and maybe can still reach 150 though I don’t have the nerve. The amenities are almost similar to other high-end cars, subject to financial capacity as the car is fitting-ready. These include safety airbags, electronic stability regulator, fog lamps, four audio speakers, seat adjusters, keyless entry and so many more. It has many organiser pockets topped by its spacious baggage compartment. The exterior and interior designs are attractive to both young and old. The only setback is the pick up speed. But as soon as it has gained momentum it overtakes most vehicles on the road. It can even outrun big trucks.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-07-08 | ID: 41319

John Bratton, Staffordshire

Hyundai Getz 2009

Very comfy and easy to drive.

Submitted: 2010-02-22 | ID: 41314

Dennis, Somerset

Hyundai Getz GSI 1.3 Automatic 2004

I bought this car new when I was living in Spain and I have to admit I bought it because it was cheap and even on the the day I picked it up in the back of my mind I was thinking that I had made a mistake. I owned this car for 3 years and sold it when I returned to the UK. The car was fun to drive, comfortable and completely reliable only going to the garage to be serviced. It was one of the best mistakes that I’ve ever made.

Submitted: 2009-11-04 | ID: 41315

Anthony Jackson, County Armagh

Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRDI CDX 2007

Having arrived in Pisa airport after a flight from hell, I was quite annoyed to find a Hyundai Getz waiting for me in the collections bay. It wasn’t new either which only added to my dismay. However having pulled out into the driving chaos that adorns Italy, the little car surprised me... Firstly for such a budget car (even in the CDX trim) the car felt so solid and well built with nice features like the Alpine stereo and red and black leather steering wheel, the cabin was a genuinely nice place to be. Despite the small capacity the 1.5 CRDI engine is a real firecracker once wound up past 3,500 rpm, it had a certain buzz about it and whilst there is little performance early in the powerband (and it tails off quickly) it really was enjoyable to drive briskly, in fact it actually made me want to drive harder than I should have. On the road the car was great with little body roll and believe me if there’s one place where you discover a cars limits. it’s in the middle of Tuscany where sharp mountain passes are the norm, the car darted and halted like a hot hatch and even managed an incredible 50mpg overall. Having slept in for the airport, we actually made it to Pisa airport from Cortona in 85 minutes including 25 mins stuck in Florence rush hour traffic. I pushed the car very hard, even by Italian standards yet the Getz didn’t miss a beat even when the speedo exceeded 170 kph (oops!). The car took a pounding, especially the brakes but the little Getz took it all in it’s stride and took us all over Italy on a two week, 1600 mile trip. Recommended!

Submitted: 2009-07-28 | ID: 41325

Nathan Collins, England

Hyundai Getz 2008

It is a very fast and nippy car. I highly recommend it to people that have families and want to go long distances. Brilliant - 4/5.

Submitted: 2009-07-24 | ID: 41324

Anand Ramnarayan, England

Hyundai Getz 1.5 petrol 2006

A very nippy car. Good in town and on the open road. Got it from new . 2006 1.5 petrol. Goes like hell in Midlands Meander in South Africa with 4 people. Fuel efficient.

Submitted: 2009-07-06 | ID: 41323

Peter, Devon

Hyundai Getz CRDI 2003

A small compact car bought with 16000kms on the clock and now after 175000km and not any replacements only the brake-pads one time and 4 headlights and of course the oil and air-filters. Roomy it is too, 4 adults can easily sit in the Getz, better then its predecessor or the new Toyota Yaris (in the back we cannot sit comfortably, our legs be cramped - but the Yaris has a better move on the road). But I do not understand why the tests are only with the new Yaris and not with the first Yaris.

Submitted: 2009-04-20 | ID: 41322

Mitch Connor, Yorkshire

Hyundai Getz 1.6CDX 2004

Superb car for small price has all the features I could ask for, 1st of all if you’re a tall person it’s very good for you personally I’m not but the rest of the family are, up to my granddad with Parkinson’s at 6’7. They find it easy to get in and out of which is saying something. The A/C is good quality and doesn’t have that cheap A/C smell. The fuel economy is good even up here in the Pennines. It has no trouble breaking the 30mpg mark which in my last car was difficult and required "freewheeling". I’m only 20 with 2 years no claims bonus and my premium is only £850 which is amazing, as a 1.4 Renault Clio would be nearer the £1,000 mark.

Submitted: 2008-06-17 | ID: 41321

Leona Young, Yorkshire

Hyundai Getz 1.1 GSI 5dr 2007

If you’re on a tight budget I’d highly recommend this car, cheap to run and insure and the actual cost of the car is extremely good value for what you get.

Submitted: 2007-09-29 | ID: 41320