Ford Mondeo consumer car reviews and road tests

Ford Mondeo

Ford Mondeo consumer reviews by year of make:1993 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011

Ford Mondeo consumer car reviews

Anthony A, Essex

Ford Mondeo 2000 - 2005

Owned my Mondeo 2 litre diesel turbo for a month now and even though I was not expecting a brilliant car being a twelve year old, I was however pleasantly surprised to find it had fully functioning electronics with a reliable and powerful engine, no turbo lag or loss of performance. comfortable on short trips or long motorway drives. Great fuel economy and doesn't hang about when you need to put your foot down. Personally speaking I have an automatic and I'm glad about that because I have been reliably informed that the manual is a bit of a pig on the clutch and gearbox. I have no complaints about the automatic transmission, it's smooth through all of it's five gear changes and has a manual over-ride if needed. I would not hesitate to suggest you could do allot worse if considering a cheap but potentially reliable run around. Sourcing parts seems to be without problem and relatively cheap too. TAX is well £265 a year and insurance for a 2 litre set me back £800ish fully comprehensive. with breakdown courtesy car.

Submitted: 2014-08-04 | ID: 100864

Ger OConnor, Ireland

Ford Mondeo flexi-fuel 2 litre petrol titanium x 2008

What a disaster this thing has proved to be! The tax on petrol is high in Rep of Ireland due to CO2 and EU, but I got the car cheap as a result. It looks nice with all extras you could think of. I bought it privately, but I had it checked by a mechanic. Dual mass flywheel in flexi-fuel went at a cost of 1000 euro (and that’s mates rates mechanic). The alternator and battery were replaced as the car keeps cutting out while driving. This still hasn’t resolved the problem, I don’t know if it’s because it’s a flexi-fuel or what, but I had heard great things about Mondeo. Good size, huge boot, plenty room , nice cabin are positives. However the fuel economy is dreadful. City driving empties like a performance sports car. If buying a Mondeo don’t buy flexi-fuel - however cheap you get it!

change your mechanic then m8 im sorry to say he gota be silly changing the battery and alternator because both of those components can easily be tested so to change them and not rectify the problem your "mates rates" are really whats costing you more money get a decent mechanic to take a look - from Staffordshire

Submitted: 2013-12-11 | ID: 40327

Martin, England

Ford Mondeo 2l tdi titanium x 2009

Pleased with the car overall. I expected noise from the tyres due to their size, but it’s more than my Leon fr. Very economic, I’ve had 60mpg on a 300 mile motorway run and a bit wobbly through corners. Reliable apart from problems caused by a flat battery at 35k.

Submitted: 2013-10-01 | ID: 40329

Nigel Starbuck, Merthyr Tydfil

Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci titanium x 2006

My 3rd Mondeo, it’s a quiet, reliable ride, a little harsh due to the 18 inch alloys. Don’t know if I’d go for another Mondeo but a fantastic car all the same. The current shape is a bigger car, must be good as there are enough of them on the road.

Submitted: 2013-09-30 | ID: 40328

Eddie Wade, Somerset

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia Manual Hatchback, Petrol 2001

I bought my 2.0 petrol Mondeo with 40,000 miles on the clock at 4 years old and have had it almost 8 years. In that time it has averaged 30,000 miles/year and I’ve thrown it up and down all the motorways in the UK. It now has 210,000 miles, but still has the original exhaust and the engine is sound and starts first time, even on the coldest of mornings. The clutch has never been changed and is only now showing signs of wear; this plus one or two other age related issues means I have to say goodbye to the car. I will definitely be replacing it with another Mondeo as they are solid, dependable and great fun to drive - sometimes exhilarating. My car has always made me smile throughout its long service and I’ll be sad to see it go.

Submitted: 2013-04-18 | ID: 40326

John Potter, England

Ford Mondeo 1.8 Petrol 1998

I am a retired qualified mechanic. Our little Fiesta was stolen and found burned out so a quick visit to our local garage and we came home with the Mondeo. Not exactly what we wanted. 1998, £1100, 140,000 miles, but it looked clean and well looked after. It has now done 169,000 miles and we love it so much I even had a new clutch fitted at 166,000 miles. Servicing: 4 new tyres and a battery. That’s it, not even a light bulb. The exhaust is the original one piece. The old lady sounds like an alien when it’s cold, nobody knows why. When it comes to replacement I will not be replacing it with a dual mass flywheel ’thing’. I’ll find another golden oldie somewhere. I have never had any trouble with a Ford in over 40 years.

Submitted: 2013-02-24 | ID: 40306

Paul, Italy

Ford Mondeo tdci hatchback 2003

Fast and comfortable with low fuel consumption. Overall the engine and gearbox, left and right driveshaft, cv joints and front suspension is tough and reliable and it has good road handling.  A very good car with low maintenance costs, but the clutch is not the best, although it could be worse. The engine needs (imho) a good synth oil and a change more often than Ford says and so, will last for many many thousand of kms.

Submitted: 2012-10-22 | ID: 40307

Jim Taylor, Durham

Ford Mondeo 2005

My son travels thoughout Britain. His 2005 six speed diesel was retired to his wife in 2009 with 185000 miles. It’s had one broken nearside front spring, a new driver’s side door lock, rear discs replaced all after 150K, up ’til then it had only needed new wiper blades. The turbo is not as quick, but the car still performs amazingly. This is a brilliant motor, which uses no oil.

Submitted: 2012-02-28 | ID: 40309

David, Bedfordshire

Ford Mondeo 2.3 auto Ghia 2009

I am driving a 2009 Mondeo 2.3 auto Ghia. A superb car if you don’t mind the around town 21 mpg. My only comment would be the lack of fun. At 163 bhp and 10 seconds 0 -63 I’d say the engine hasn’t been put to it’s best. I am about to order a new car, guess what, going for? The new 2 litre 203 bhp echo-boost. With a little more under the bonnet this will surpass any BMW in the same class. I must admit I’m going for the Titanium X then adding 18" wheels and sports suspension. With 203 bhp this car needs to be driven. I have no down points to add about my current Ghia model, it makes me smile each time I drive it. The 203 bhp engine will see off most hot hatches with the advantage of being very comfy in a smooth big car. The 6 speed dual sync auto is a definite advantage over a manual, unless you happen to be the Stig.

Submitted: 2012-02-24 | ID: 40308

Phill Underwood, Essex

Ford Mondeo Titanium x sport Powershift 2010

Without doubt this is the best car I have ever owned; it’s got the smoothest auto box in my opinion. I have owned two Audi’s from new, one with the dsg auto box, but this Ford is even better. The fuel consumption isn’t great, but it’s a huge car amd rear seat passengers love the room and good ride. The steering is also great for such a large car. I have tried to think of anything not so good, but I can’t.

Submitted: 2011-12-05 | ID: 40311

James Rankin, Warwickshire

Ford Mondeo Titanium x 163bhp 2010

I really don’t understand the people that say it’s the worst car they have driven. I have driven most of the premium makes, both German and domestic, and can honestly say that it is either equal to or better than most in the same price range. ALL cars have little niggles, that some people find irritating, others hardly notice. I am now on my second Mondeo, the first was a 58 plate Titanium Estate with the 18 diesel engine, (my first diesel incidently). I now have the 163bhp 2ltr, H/Back, and cannot fault it. I can only asume there must be too many bad cars escape Fords quality control. As for comparing it with the Laguna, I had one of those in 1997, and was never more happy to see a car get replaced. Comfortable it was, reliable it wasn’t. If you need a good size, comfortable and economicle car the Mondeo cannot be beaten. Buy one.

Submitted: 2011-11-22 | ID: 40310

Chris Bullock, Somerset

Ford Mondeo 2.0 titanium x estate auto 2010

I have owned many cars over the last 35 years of motoring and can say the Mondeo is by far the best car I have ever had. It achieves 58mpg on the motorway and 45mpg around town. The auto box from 1st to 2nd gear is just detectable, but the rest are so smooth I have to keep selecting manual to read what gear I am in. If when changing up through the box in auto mode you back off on the gas you can get it to change up early, so if you drive light footed you will be rewarded with good mph. Well done Ford. This is a big car, a very big car so make sure you get one with parking sensors, you will need them as the view through the rear window is not good but this so far is my only gripe. I have now done 12500 and the first service is due. I’ve just looked at the front tyres and they seem to show no real wear; although some drivers report that the wear is poor I am confident I will get 20k out of mine.

Submitted: 2011-11-18 | ID: 40319

Paul Robinson, England

Ford Mondeo Petrol 1.8 Lx 2001

I have owned both the mk1 and 2 Mondeos. Mk2 was a great car, but got written off. The 1.8 I own now is a great car, but the 1.8 engine struggles for the weight of the car. I’ve had a few little snags. The engine fault light is always on, but the car drives okay; a garage checked this out and said it needed a new cat, I got the cat fitted and the light was no longer on. A month later the light came back on! I’ve left it now. It’s only got 70,000 on it and it’s a good motor. My next car will be the last mk3 they made with a 2.2 td engine; I prefer the mk3s to the newer mk4.

Submitted: 2011-11-06 | ID: 40317

Jack McLaughlin, County Londonderry

Ford Mondeo 2010

There is a problem with the car stopping whilst driving, which is very dangerous. I hold Ford responsible for this design flaw. These models need to be recalled!

Submitted: 2011-11-02 | ID: 40318

Gareth McKnight, County Down

Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport 200 Bhp 2011

Just bought this car in June and have done 11,000 trouble-free miles. What a brilliant car. Looked around before buying but nothing came close for value for money. Five stars.<br /><br />

Great car, had mine 5 months now, fantastic great to drive - Andy Facey from Somerset

Submitted: 2011-11-02 | ID: 40315

Ian Turner, Kent

Ford Mondeo 1.8 2003 Zetec 2003

I’ve had this car for 3 months now with only some minor faults: the front o/s spring which broke whilst on holiday and cost £120 to fix, not bad considering the car has done nearly 112,000 miles. Also the Blind spot on rear n/s. For a large car, I find it quite agile and easy to park in tight spots. No knocks or squeaks and interior like new, drives like new as well. Excellent brakes and gearbox. Fits 5 adults in comfort, even on long journeys. For the miles, the engine is in perfect running order. 42 mpg on a run is prety good and 31 round town is not bad for a big car. The boot is very spacious as is the cabin. I will drive it until it falls apart then buy another one. It would have got 5 stars were it not for the broken spring and blind spot. <br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-10-10 | ID: 40314

Thomas Murphy, Staffordshire

Ford Mondeo TITANIUM X 20TDCI 2008

I can honestly say this is the worst car I have ever owned. I have had many problems with this car. The main fault is the steering, which makes an awful whirring noise at low revs. I replaced the rack, reservoir and two pumps, but still have the problem. The car has only done 28000 miles, but I have been told by several repairers that these cars have many faults; flywheels, water leaks, brakes, warning lights, to name but a few. I can not wait to trade this car in for a proper car, a Hyundia i40. You may laugh, but I know when I get in that it won’t let me down. Anyone thinking of buying a Mondeo don’t do it! Despite what all the magazines say they are junk.

Submitted: 2011-09-26 | ID: 40312

Anthony Hudson, Cheshire

Ford Mondeo 1.8tdi Zetec 2009

I bought a 1.8 tdi with just under 10k on the odometer. I am a taxi owner and needed a replacement for my Skoda Superb.The Mondeo fitted the bill being a hatchback as opposed to the Skoda which was not. I had it serviced at my local Ford dealership to keep the warranty running. What a con! The bonnet catch was faulty so it was replaced under warranty. At 25000 miles the clutch started to make an embarrassing squealing noise when released, and still does. Ford say it is not covered under warranty as its wear and tear. Fair enough it works hard, but I am the only driver who drives it. If a Mondeo clutch can only manage 25000 miles before needing attention then what a poor show it is. My Skoda had 30k on it when I bought it from the Skoda dealership and they still honoured the warranty for a year. Customers are not impressed by the noise at such a low mileage and comment about not buying a Ford. What a great advert I must be.

Submitted: 2011-09-16 | ID: 40313

Sean Savage, England

Ford Mondeo 2.0 zetec 140 2009

This is my 4th Mondeo, but as the car is not quite 3yrs old yet, it’s going back into Ford to have the flywheel and clutch changed after only 64000 miles. A very expensive job to have done, but hopefully the good guys at Ford are going to sort it out. Had the same problems with my 57 plate and had the flywheel changed 3 times under warranty, so changed back to the better 2.0litre. I have spent a lot of money with Ford, genuine parts, Ford services etc, but I have always had good honest advice and quality workmanship from the guys.

Submitted: 2011-09-16 | ID: 40325

John Smith, England

Ford Mondeo Ghia 130 Hp 6 Speed 2005

Hi, I bought my car of 3 years with 107k on the clock, now 168k. Nothing wrong, drives excellent, best car I ever had, done couple of trips for 4,000 miles each, superb car.

Submitted: 2011-09-07 | ID: 40324

Callum Tannahill, England

Ford Mondeo 2011

Very good car but some stuff is a little cheap, like the start button, it’s plastic. Despite all this, it’s a good car.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-08-15 | ID: 40320

Graham, Essex

Ford Mondeo 1.8TDCi 2007

Simply one of the best cars I have driven and certainly the best I have owned. I had the previous style Mondeo and rated that highly but the 2007 onwards one is better. Loads of space, handles like a smaller car, I get 50 mpg (most people get 38-45) quiet to drive in. I am lucky enough to get driven round in various Mercs and BMW’s and I am not convinced that dynamically they are better cars. Faults: A damper went after 2000 miles and the radio a little later, both were fixed under warranty with no quibble, and no other faults in 82,000 miles. The boot water problem can be fixed by the dealer. If you get a 2007 or early 2008 1.8 tdci make sure you have the later software added as it makes the car much easier and quicker to pull away at roundabouts and T junctions. Also beware the sports suspension and 17/18 inch wheels; the Mondy owner websites are full of people who complain of the harsh ride on those versions, stick to the standard versions and be cossetted is my advice. I am just about to order another new Mondy (with my own money) as have been so happy with this one. Ford have come a long way lately.

I`m reading Graeme from Essex’s report and I am in perfect agreement, until today that is. Coming home from Aberdeen after my boy’s football game, the car lost power just as I was going onto the A90 southbound. Imagine my horror to find the temperature gauge up over the red mark! But it is a very nice car to drive. Oh sorry, I forgot, it is a 57 plate (new style) 1.8 Tdci Estate. - Thanks – Gordon Morris from Aberdeenshire

Submitted: 2011-07-28 | ID: 40321

Chris Hall, Norfolk

Ford Mondeo Zetec tdci 2002

Rubbish car that I only kept for a total of 10 months. It was bought with 72k on the clock and used as a taxi. At 75k it needed a new clutch flywheel and starter motor. Then at 78k it needed new fuel injectors at £1,200. Nice. At 87k it started leaking oil. At 95K the car blew, the turbo and injectors had gone. Had to scrap it. Never again.

Submitted: 2011-07-22 | ID: 40323

Kevin Ward, Yorkshire

Ford Mondeo 1.8tdci zetec 2008

This is my third Mondeo, but I do think they are getting better apart from had to replace exhaust as rotten with rust on brackets at only 3yr old and fitting new rear discs. Have no complaints at 55k miles.

Submitted: 2011-05-25 | ID: 40293

Linda Precious, Yorkshire

Ford Mondeo TDCi 2007

I have had this car from 6 months old, great except for now when changing gear going up hill the revs go high then back to normal, this happens regulary, not all the time though! Otherwise a great car, apart from turbo hose having a crack in and no turbo kicking in on motorway.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-05-17 | ID: 40294

Ian Pia, Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci hatchback 6 speed 2003

Had this car for 3 years, got it with 90,000 miles on the clock. Have replaced front discs and pads also rear pads and handbrake cables, then dual mass flywheel at 100,000 miles. Have had no other problems, after 20,000 miles trouble free motoring including towing a caravan on a few holidays. Good mpg and plenty of power, good handling too.

Submitted: 2011-05-17 | ID: 40291

Graham Phillips, Wrexham

Ford Mondeo 2.0 140PS GHIA TDCI 2007

Good: Performance, economy, handling, space and practicality. Bad: Tramlining on 17 inch wheels, unprogressive brakes, water spills into boot when opening after rain. This is a brilliant car. Go on try one! Just remember to specify parking sensors...it’s huge! Economy averages 44 and that’s in town. Road noise is ok on my car, don’t know about other models. Build is high quality.

Submitted: 2011-05-03 | ID: 40292

Ian Bidmead, Gloucestershire

Ford Mondeo Titanium X, 2.2tdci 2008

Brilliant drive with loads of torque. However, awful turbo lag at low revs means that pulling out at junctions needs to be done with care and a heavy right foot. Average indicated mpg is 40 on rural roads, good for such a big car. Has suffered from annoying electrical problems, 2 key failures (1st one on a wet afternoon...read the manual to see how to get in and drive!!) and repeated ’flat battery in key’ warnings, despite a new battery, faulty park sensors (the rear one is on permanently, the front one lets you hit what’s in front), a succession of engine management fault lights that don’t appear to have any basis. The part leather driver’s seat is showing wear at 25k miles. Overall a good car, but I’m now going VW Passat. Don’t buy secondhand unless you are prepared to have constant niggling problems, a la Renault. Oh, and I’m not impressed with my local dealer who seem mystified by most of the issues.

Submitted: 2011-04-13 | ID: 40295

Edward Glasgow, County Antrim

Ford Mondeo 20l si petrol 1997

2l 16v zetec si with full st 24 kit. I haved owned this car for over 10 years, I have only replaced front discs, twice exhaust twice, 2 track rod end joints my fault clipped a kerb and did not get checked, 2 drop links in back suspenion, 1 central door locking, an oil cooler, 1 battery serviced once a year timing belt replaced every 45-50 thousand miles. Over 180,000 miles. I may say I dont have to put oil in between services, always geniune parts local dealer very good. I have been thinking of changing for the last 4 years wanting to buy a petrol car I think new shape too big. Looking at 20l fsi s line Audis, but cars with 20,000 miles engines don’t sound as quiet as the old Ford. I have always driven Ford not many problems cheap to fix.

Submitted: 2011-04-02 | ID: 40296

Nick Ringrose, Hampshire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Edge Estate 2007

I’ve normally opted in for a company car, but when I recently joined my new company, I decided to take some cash to British Car Auctions in Blackbushe. I wasn’t even looking for a Mondeo, but this one came in, in mind condition, ex lease, fully stamped and serviced just 4000 miles ago. It had done an intergalactic 118K miles, but when the hammer was about to go down at £4300 I stuck up my hand and the hammer went on my bid at £4400. It saled through its MOT (needing just a headlight adjustment which the testing station did for free) hasn’t used any oil in the last 4000 miles. I’ve had BMW’s Audi’s and VW’s in the past in all sorts of variants the best being a Golf GTI edition 30 and the worst a 320d Sport which was so hard it could knock you fillings out. But I’m here to tell you that this low spec ford it fabulous, not the quietest and I suspect the rear suspension bushes need replacing as even my 9 year old pointed out that the cats eyes in the road went up her spine! But really, considering I paid £4800 (after auction fees) + tax and MOT for a car I’d easily have to stup up £6700 for in some ropey old second hand car dealer, I’m absolutely chuffed to bits. If I drive gingerly I can get 62MPG, if I drive like a typical k**b in an Audi I’ll get closer to 43. I really think that some of those people that have given this 1 star are either bad at driving, or have experienced a duff one, but I’ve had duff BMW’s and VW’s before, and the Laguna I had was plain awful. I guess its always down to taste, while it isn’t as good as my MK5 golf GTI (that was just brilliant at everything) it’s a hell of a lot cheaper, holds and handles near as dammit as well as a BMW 3 (especially when it snows!), is massive, great all rounder. I say well done Ford, I’ll have another one when you get the Dual Cluch Auto!

Submitted: 2011-03-30 | ID: 40297

Hans Verbael, England

Ford Mondeo 2.5 Titanium auto 2006

Excellent car! The old model has been chosen as it was LOADED and smooth V6-es are great including the 5gr autobox. No problems at all, minimal maintenance. Fuel consumption is okay, no more then that but as expected. Ideal for long runs through Germany cruising over 120 an hour. If you don’t do to many miles per year, buy one!

Submitted: 2011-03-08 | ID: 40288

Jo Haynes, Yorkshire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 2005

This car is reliable, easy to drive, fantastic for the family with loads of space. Folding rear seats also mean loads and loads of boot space for bulky items.

Submitted: 2011-02-23 | ID: 40289

Nick Davy, Sussex

Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX 2001

Couldn’t decide between 4 or 5 stars, but as it’s not 100% perfect I gave it 4. 4.8 would be more like it. Bought the Mondeo in August 2007 with 43,000 miles on it, now has 69,000 Faults to date:- Rear subframe bushes Drivers seat height adjuster Rear wheel bearing And thats about it, faults seem pretty common with this car, I still haven’t fixed the seat as only I drive it. Otherwise this car has been trouble free. It’s comfortable and quiet even on a trip to Cologne we arrived pretty fresh. If I didn’t need an estate I would keep it till it died.

Submitted: 2011-01-26 | ID: 40290

Geoff Rutherford, Essex

Ford Mondeo 1.8 lx 1998

I have owned my 1.8 lx mondeo since February 2002 and it has never let me down except for having to replace the battery when the old one suddenly went flat. The brake pads and linings have never been changed and the sparewheel has never come out of the boot plus I have never had to replace the the exhaust. I have just under 70000 miles on the clock. I can honestly say that my Mondeo is probably the best car that I have ever owned and that includes a brand new 1980 rover v8s, which I purchased in 1980 and I can highly recommend this model.

Submitted: 2010-11-22 | ID: 40300

Stephen, Worcestershire

Ford Mondeo 1.8 TDCi 125BHP Titanium X 2007

Car drives very well and is relatively economic averaging 46mpg. Massive in size both in the boot and cabin, externally also massive, although with parking sensors all round I can park in tight spots. (Wouldn’t try some of the spots without them.) Active front light system is a boon to me as my daughter is courting a farmers son and he lives 3 miles off the main road along some very twisty roads. Biggest niggle is the water rushing in to the boot after rain, I know people say lift a little and you will shed must of it, but when it’s pouring down you don’t want to wait. Things replaced under warranty between 40,000 & 50,000miles: A/C condenser Power Steering Motor Heated rear screen.

Submitted: 2010-11-16 | ID: 40298

Ciaran Murtagh, Ireland

Ford Mondeo 2007

Just had the car a week and love it. It’s very spacious and extremely comfortable to drive. Start off is a bit slow but when it goes it’s very fast. Will drive it until it is considered a banger.

Submitted: 2010-11-12 | ID: 40299

Vic, Kent

Ford Mondeo ghia 2.0tdci 140 2007

Have had the car 3 years from new. It had a nasty knocking at the front nearside when I first had it. It took 6 visits to the dealer before they sorted it. It was a defective Mcphereson strut. No other problems since. The "shower" when opening the boot after rain is annoying. There is a nasty blindspot even with the excellent wing mirrors. Obviously others have complained about this as the up-dated model offers a solution with an electronic gismo in the mirrors. All in all an excellent car, with good economy, loads of room and very comfortable to drive. Just completed a 1500 mile round trip in France. Averaged 68mph and returned 50.1 mpg. This car has been so good I have just ordered another one. This time a Titanium estate.

Hi. Do you know if 2007 tdci Mondeo zetec 2.0 is a chain or a belt? I have searched up and down and can’t find an answer. Even went to a main Ford dealer today and the salesmen didn’t know. Thanks - from England

Submitted: 2010-10-28 | ID: 40302

Peter Piper, England

Ford Mondeo Ghia TDCI 130 2002

I bought this car in 2004 and have been delighted with it. HOWEVER, there are problems with these vehicles. Firstly, the engines should be regarded as very individual, by that I mean there are great examples and there are absolute lemons. You can’t judge all Mondeos by driving one example. Secondly, wind noise on the Mk3 is quite noticable on motorways. Drive at at least 60mph to see if you can live with it. Thirdly, there are likely to be problems with the car. There are lots of sensors and they can fail and cause it to run poorly or another or stop altogether. They can be fixed cheaply enough, but fault-finding can be labourious. So why have I just ordered my 3rd Mondeo? Simply because they are supremely engaging to drive yet very comfortable, very spacious inside, well-specified, the TDCI is both frugal and fast, and despite the warning niggles, the cars are generally very reliable. My advice is to buy a young TDCI with high miles, check the engine is smooth and free-revving, and enjoy a great car.

Submitted: 2010-10-04 | ID: 40301

Colin Friend, Kent

Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci 2008

Can’t fault the car, with one exception; when you open the hatch after rain, water pours into the boot, do it slowly and its ok. A superb drive, have had it 18 months, will keep it till it dies.

Submitted: 2010-09-18 | ID: 40304

Hafi Ghafoor, United Arab Emirates

Ford Mondeo Estate 2.3 litre Petrol 2008

Ford Mondeo is a good car, got lot of boot space and the seating is very reliable. Driving is pleasurable with low noise from the engines but the transmission is bad. Even though the car has got 6 speed transmission it’s very difficult to caenge the gear when it’s on Manual Mode. The theft protection system is good and it has got Engine Immobilizer. The main defect for the car is to go again and again to the workshop for some mechanical repairs. I had quiet few problems with the battery - couldn’t use jumper because Ford recommends Ford Powered Battery to boost and to change. Got this problem twice, once was at 16000 kilometer and other was at 69000 kilometers. Fuel Pump: I had to change the fuel pump because of high revs when the fuel pump went wrong. Now my car has done 80000 kilometer and so far no problems. I wouldnt recommend a Ford car but would recommend a Mazda 6 or Toyota Corolla.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-08-11 | ID: 40305

Paul, Kent

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X 2008

Having had two old style Mondeo’s and covered over 180,000 miles, (with only one breakdown) I was looking forward of taking delivery of a 1 year old model Titanium X from Ford Direct. The new model carries on some of the highlights of the previous car - great diesel engine, very economical (44+) but not quite as good as the old model as it is having to hump around a lot more weight - be in no doubt this is a big car - bigger than the previous version all round, more shoulder room and a truly cavernous boot - go for the 2.2 engine if you need a more sprightly drive. However the dynamics are better than before, easy at low speed, good around the bends and a superb motorway cruiser. All of the Titanium X goodies work well - the sat nav has been known to have a DVD problem on some cars, but when it working its excellent, similarly the integration with the Ford Converse system is pretty good - get the total package including the voice control and you can spend many hours happily trying to work out how to use the array of buttons and commands - fun and it does work. All in all I have been very impressed, fluid drive, good economy and good engine pedigree, comfortable, looks good and can carry an astonishing amount. Only bad point?? Ford have added a chrome bezel to the drivers air vent and it sits, and gleams, right in the centre of the image from the drivers wing mirror. Annoying, but 85p for a black dry wipe marker and a nearly perfect car ticks the final box. Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

Submitted: 2010-02-19 | ID: 40285

Steve Williams, Cardiff

Ford Mondeo Ghia 2001

I have found the Ford Mondeo to be a reasonably competent all round car. I have the 2 litre model, brisk acceleration, with safe handling, and plenty of safety features. Lots of room for both driver and passengers and good boot space, no major problems with car and servicing costs are very good, I’m a happy owner. I’ve had the car from 2 years old and will be keeping car for the foreseeable future.

Submitted: 2010-02-10 | ID: 40287

Lisa Bishop, England

Ford Mondeo 2000

I love this car, I brought it secound hand thinking it would do to get kids to school and back, but I have found it is a very reliable car. I have since taken it on holidays and have done a lot of miles with the only problem i have had is the tyres going bald, but you get that with all cars. Ooo and needed an head light bulb for the MoT. So I am proud to say best buy ever for me.

Submitted: 2010-01-30 | ID: 40286

Dan, Lancashire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi (140) Estate Titanium 2008

A top car: acres of space all over, plenty of gadgets like voice control etc... for those who like it. The bluetooth connectivity is a dream and ease of use all over is high, all intuitively laid out. The noise at the lower speeds is noticeable but not as bad as some would suggest and on the motorway it is elegantly subtle. I’m not sure what the problem is with the gearbox that some have mentioned, mine is lovely and smooth. I find the car perfect for eating up the miles and swallowing up the family and all luggage, not to mention the best looking estate about.

Submitted: 2010-01-19 | ID: 40284

David Foster, England

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 140 TDCI 2009

I have owned mine for 5 months now. Couple of problems, started off with sat nav not working (needed new antenna,done under warranty) then new bonnet catch as alarm kept going off, also a warranty fix. Lots of gizmo’s to play with, drives really great, is quiet at speed even with the 18" alloys. There is a strange noise when I switch off the engine from under the bonnet, will get checked out at service in Feb, otherwise a great car.

Strange noise could be the fans running on. This happens when the DPF is cycling. It will occur frequently if you do mostly town or short low speed runs - from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2010-01-13 | ID: 40279

Kirsty Shaw, Devon

Ford Mondeo Edge 1.8 Diesel 125 bhp 6 speed 2007

I purchased a used Ford Mondeo Edge (57- new shape ) 1.8 Diesel 125 bhp -6 speed gears and with only 3000 miles on the clock plus it came with thunder metallic paint and factory fitted reversing sensors and alloy wheels with continental 215/55R 16 93V Tyres. It has been a perfect car with absolutely no faults although if you wish to give a pleasing criticism it can accelerate a touch too fast so if you have the glove box open everything shoots out when you boot it. I think Ford have given so much away in the Mondeo "Entry range" that it is really not whorthwhile to spend extra hundreds or thousands of pounds on bits of chrome or hi-tec gadgets.

Submitted: 2010-01-02 | ID: 40283

Tony Carlaw, Cambridgeshire

Ford Mondeo Titainium 2009

I dont understand why some people are complaining about road noise. Did you not test drive the car before you purchased it?? Yes there is some road noise, but You can still talk in a normal voise in the 70s. So far the only complaint I have is, you cant open the boot from inside the car.

Yes, you can open the boot from the inside of the car. There is a button next to the gear lever - from Oxfordshire

Submitted: 2009-12-31 | ID: 40281

Dave White, Lancashire

Ford Mondeo 1.8tdci zetec 2008

I have just traded in my much loved 2.0 TDCI Graphite Mondeobought new in 2003, which proved to be an excellent car roomy,economical and very reliable, 66000 miles with no pronlems. The new 1.8 TDCI Zetec is even better, cavernous in size, quality finish, comfortable, plenty of power even with the smaller engine and looks great. FANTASTIC CAR!

Submitted: 2009-12-21 | ID: 40278

Sandra Brady, Cheshire

Ford Mondeo titanium 2007

This car is brilliant for long journeys, however, it is murder to park and awful in traffic jams. It is very noisy. Main issue with the car is that it intermittently loses power. It’s happened 7 times in 45K miles, however, the last time was at 70 mph going down the motorway. Losing all power, including steering etc., is never ideal whilst you’re overtaking. Dealership cannot find the problem until it happens again!! The scientific testing they suggest is to drive it around and see if they can replicate the problem. I have contested the car with the leasing company as I no longer feel safe in the car and believe it is not fit for purpose. I would no longer recommend it to anybody.

If you are losing power there is a good chance that the engine has developed a serious fault. I had the same issue with my 52 plate ghia x and it turned out to be an issue with the injectors. I would, IMMEDIATELY, go to an garage to ascertain the problem. This is unusual rather than usual. Get it fixed and you will enjoy the Mondeo the way it should be! Hope this helps - Grant Paterson from Lanarkshire

Submitted: 2009-12-21 | ID: 40276

Jim, Clackmannanshire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X 5 dr hatch 6speed 2006

I bought my new shape Mondeo approximately 5 weeks ago from a local independant dealer (Mazda), which ironically is situated next to the Ford dealer where the car was first registered. I love the car, exceptionally large boot (apart from the water ingress when you open the tailgate) with a quality interior finish that is certainly up there with MB, BMW and Audi with great fuel economy for such a large car. My problem is that my car has an absolutely horrible notchy gear change (predominantly between 1st and 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and similarly back down the gearbox all the other gears are fine). It is going back to the Ford dealer for further investigation under the manufacturer’s warranty for the second time in 5 weeks. On it’s previous visit they diagnosed a clutch cable and linkage adjustment, but it still has the same fault. Are there any other owners who have had similar problems with their new shape mondeo? This is my 4th Mondeo my previous car being a 2.0Ltr petrol Ghia X 53plate and have encountered no such problems.

I have had this niggling problem and had to take it to the local Ford dealer and their Head mechanic took it for road test and they are saying that there is nothing wrong with it. I have had Ford cars since 1970s I know there is not smooth transition between gear-change. I think once these people got your money they are not interested - Tara Chopra from Derbyshire

This is a very common problem. It happens on my car too. Nobody on the forums seems to have a definitive answer to the problem. I think it’s possibly due to sticky clutch bearing not releasing the clutch properly, but my garage thinks it’s a hydraulic problem and either the master or slave (expensive) cylinder needs replacing. I just pull away in second and keep my money in my pocket - from England

Submitted: 2009-12-03 | ID: 40273

Arthur Maher, Cheshire

Ford Mondeo 2.2 ghia x diesel 2005

Owned a 2001 , 2.0 Ghia TDDI for 4yrs prior to buying the one I always wanted and haven’t been disappointed . It has every extra you can imagine. I’ve owned it for 20 months now and apart from a broken front spring (the same fault on my last one), has been faultless. It costs pennies to run, 50+mpg on 80 mph motorway runs, oil and filters service costs £80 by a trusted local garage, i just can’t see the latest mondeo beating this car, it’s a dream!. About the same time i paid £6100 for this car, my business partner splashed out £33k on a 300 series Mercedes, it’s been a disgrace, on both the mechanical and electrical sides, with over £8000 worth warranty work done so far!

Submitted: 2009-10-29 | ID: 40268

Jerry, Norfolk

Ford Mondeo Titanium TDCi 2.0 LT 2007

I have driven many cars in the past but this car is better than any other - so there are few around... so what? It shows that there are some happy drivers out there. Interior space is amazing, boot is enormous, handling is A1 and driving it is a pleasure.

Submitted: 2009-10-01 | ID: 40270

Mark Pitchford, Derbyshire

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2.2 155 2006

I’ve had my Mondeo for 3 years and 74k miles. It’s been less than admirable from a reliability viewpoint and although the 2.2 engine is worth having, there is really nothing else special about it. Go and do the weekly shopping, come out, and you will find at least 4 cars in the car park identical to yours. If it was brilliant in every other way, then maybe it would be worth that level of anonymity. But it’s not. So if you must have one, get it painted flourescent pink.

Submitted: 2009-09-30 | ID: 40269

David Winn, London

Ford Mondeo Ghia 2008

I have just changed from 2001 2.5 v6 mondeo to a 1.8 tdi. At first I thought it would be very under powered, but although not as powerful as the old v6 it copes very well for such a big car. Loads of extras and a great drive, very cheap to to run, overall a lot of car for the money. I would highly recommend it. If you go for a nearly new one you can save £10,000 to £12,000 on a 6 month old one.

Submitted: 2009-08-14 | ID: 40272

Alan, England

Ford Mondeo ST24 1999

Best car I have ever owned (so far!) Brilliant driving experience, bulletproof (Honda-built) engine and totally reliable. Loads of pull and great handling but doubles as an extremely practical family car with a huge boot. Sold it after 6 years faithful service up and down the motorways and byways of Britain. Great car, wish I could afford a new one.

Submitted: 2009-08-04 | ID: 40271

Brian Metcalfe, Wales

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 5 door 2008

Awesome car; our sixth Mondeo, 2.0 Auto diesel. Last car was the Ghia x V6 and it puts it in the shade. Just watch the heads turning when you go by. Never had this with any other car. Excellent tow car with good MPG. Had a factory fitted sun roof, parking sensors, DVD SatNav (not as good as the Tom Tom 300 Go I own at a tenth of price). The turning head lights are also a bonus. Now the reason why I only gave it 4stars is that the road noise from the 18 inch wheels at 25 to 35 mph hurts my ears. Also tramlining on bad roads surely - this must be a safety hazard. Going to write to Ford when tyres wear down for any suggestion from them.

Oh that tyre noise ! Like my 2.5 petrol TitaniumX turbo very much. Bought it as ex demo (used by the Dealer’s accountant) with 10k on the clock. Changed the tyres from original (dunlop?) to Michelin - had a full sound deadening kit fitted by ’Noisekiller’ , but the improvement is only slight. Such a pity as otherwise it’s a great car. Ford should be looking in to this as it could be enough to put potential buyers off once they experience the problem. It is so bad that having a conversation with rear seat passengers is difficult if not impossible - John Headey from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2009-04-20 | ID: 40355

Robert Williams, Buckinghamshire

Ford Mondeo 140 Titanium X 2007

Great car marred by noisy 18" low profiles which I have now changed for 215x55 x16 on nice rims to keep rolling radius the same - now much, much better. Juicier than my 05 130 Zetec by about 5 mpg - less overall but you get a lot of car for your money. Parking sensors are a must and despite what they tell you they can be retro fitted (it cost me £24 DIY) and has not affected the computer. I intend to run a clear mastic bead in the gap under the rear window to lessen the volume which spills after rain into the boot, if it works I will have no complaints about the car. If your pocket stops you from new rims/tyres try cutting thick carpet to the profile of the boot mat and placing it underneath also put some under the back seat, it might lessen the drumming effect.

Submitted: 2009-04-14 | ID: 40354

Kevin Stevens, Sussex

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2007

This car started out with great promise but has become the worst I’ve owned for electrical problems. Even my BL Allegro was more reliable! These faults have caused it to be returned to the dealer just too many times. I have owned this car for 22 months and I have now had enough and have traded it in for a Mazda6.

Submitted: 2009-03-16 | ID: 40358

David Tait, Dumfriesshire

Ford Mondeo 2006

Have driven the 2 litre TDI Estate for 2 years and often fully laden. The car is very economical and handles brilliantly on every occasion. First Mondeo I’ve owned and it certainly won’t be the last. Been driving for 50 years and tried many different models, but this is the best.

Submitted: 2009-03-06 | ID: 40357

Richard Armin, Yorkshire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci lx 2004

My first week in the Mondeo. Comfortable and economical. To all the complaining Audi/BMW/Merc Drivers who now complain about the Mondeo, get a life. I worked for Mercedes-Benz for 27 years, yes they are nice cars but the Mondeo does exactly the same job but at fraction of the cost, and don’t kid anyone, probably more reliably too.

Submitted: 2009-02-27 | ID: 40351

Rob, England

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi 2007

I love this car, and having driven many, it’s without doubt my favourite. The performance: handling is superb, I’ve sports suspension which can indeed make the ride a little bumpier coupled with the lower profile tyres; however, the cornering, the poise - fantastic. I’m surprised at people reporting high interior noise. I’ve never driven a quieter car. Perhaps consider your type of tyres. Despite being a big car, the torque is impressive and a delight for driving. Brakes are powerful indeed. The gizmo’s inside are a delight - I’ve now driven 10000miles without a single problem. Fuel economy averages around 37mpg so not too bad, although I’d have expected better. If you’re a badge snob, buy a BMW or Audi, but I’d rather save my thousands of pounds and stick with this car. A Ford Mondeo and people are impressed - what more could you want in a family car? What I don’t like: parking! I’d recommend parking sensors if you’ve the option. Tramlines a little whilst braking hard - but nothing to be concerned about, water can drip into the boot on opening - no big deal if you open it slowly. And that’s it. :)

Submitted: 2009-01-28 | ID: 40352

N Morgan, England

Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX 1993

Okay - they said its durable and mine has a low mileage, but simply it is. It never fails - only the starter motor after 15 years and I replaced that for very low cost. Buy high quality tyres and it holds the road even better. It never seems to rust and shines up well. This is an ordinary looking car with extraordinary low running costs.

Submitted: 2009-01-12 | ID: 40353

Jim Orr, Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Ford Mondeo 130 tdci ghia 2004

Bought car from second hand dealer. Had completed around 85000 miles. Very quickly required new clutch & starter motor under guarantee. Still had to pay 25% of cost! Previously drove 1994 Mondeo diesel -great car, no undue problems over 250.000 miles. Have done about 10.000 miles with ’new’ Mondeo and the verdict: good mpg; computer shows 53.1 mpg over 10.000 miles. Verdict: Very satisfied -spacious, comfortable, and to date very reliable. Service car myself. Dithering whether I should get another timing chain at this mileage? Hear different views on that. Got real spare wheel from Breakers. I highly recommend Mondeo diesel.

Submitted: 2008-10-29 | ID: 40332

Stephen Ticehurst, Surrey

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Tdi Titanium X 2007

Ford have come a long way - having run several Mondeo’s; the new shape is a credit to them!

Submitted: 2008-10-03 | ID: 40330

Tilly, Essex

Ford Mondeo Titaniam X 2007

Big boot but otherwise it’s like driving a skate board down the road. Nothing good to say about it - worst car I have ever driven.

Submitted: 2008-09-10 | ID: 40331

Peter Warwick, Northamptonshire

Ford Mondeo Titanium x 2.0 petrol 2007

Had 2 of the previous models with the same engine and had no trouble at all. I’ve had trouble from day 1 with the new one, the electrics are a total disaster, gearbox gives of a knocking noise every time you engage a gear and whines all the time, they have tried to fix the faults on numerous visits no success. the only good thing about it is the size.

Submitted: 2008-07-14 | ID: 40333

Mark Ley, England

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCI Auto 2007

After all the hype and glowing reports of the new Mondeo, I thought I’d give it a go after driving and Audi for a number of years and looking to change. I find the road noise unbearable, the auto box can only be described as "Industrial" and it is completely uninspiring to drive. It has some decent features and is quite a good looking car, it is huge inside and the boot is cavernous. The electrical malfunctions suffered to date have been numerous (broke down 1 day after delivery and didn’t see the car again for another month and still have niggling issues!!) leave me feeling that Ford have tried to put too much wizardry into the car which will cause headaches for many owners. Like Gary, I am stuck with the thing for a couple more years and once it’s time is up, I’ll be walking straight back into my nearest Audi dealership.

Without wishing to be rude the least reliable car I've ever had was an Audi A4 - bought brand new and off the road several times in it's first year: Dealer so dreadful that they went bankrupt! . Contrast this to the 3 Mondeos without issue so maybe we've both been unlucky! - from

Submitted: 2008-07-08 | ID: 40334

Jon, Kent

Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2008

Just got rid of a new shape 2007 Mercedes C Class costing nearly £30k and the Mondeo is far superior in virtually every respect.

Submitted: 2008-06-09 | ID: 40335

Bill Nightingale, County Londonderry

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 140 Ghia 2007

I spend at least 40 hours a week on the roads and needed an economic, comfortable and professional looking car. I looked at both the Volkswagen Passat and the Peugeot 407 but the superior power of the engine and impressive fuel economy swung me towards the Mondeo. The 2 litre diesel engine gives me what I need from a car - performance, pull and economy. The one thing for which the Mondeo completely stands out from its rivals? It’s stops you putting the wrong type of fuel in your car!

Submitted: 2008-04-30 | ID: 40336

Gary, Lancashire

Ford Mondeo Titanium X TDCi 2007

John Groves. Are you sure the Mondeo Titanium X is the best car you have driven? The ride is hard due to the 18inch alloys and 40 profile tyres. Also, the road noise is unbearable. Compared to the equivalent Laguna’s; this car is the pits. I’ve had 3 Laguna’s and thought I’d try a Diesel Titanium X Mondeo rather than the Laguna. More fool me. Now I’m stuck with a car that is way inferior to the Laguna.

I agree, I have a Mondeo 08 Titanium 2.0 petrol. If you like it at the petrol station. buy this car. Also, I find it tinny and plastic, very low quality, one of my suspension struts is also knocking and dealers dont want to know - Adrian Smith from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 2008-04-07 | ID: 40339

Fareed Ahmed, Northern Ireland

Ford Mondeo 2.0 2004

driving feels very good, it is a fabulous car having nice comfort. Please don’t miss to drive a Ford Mondeo

Submitted: 2008-03-28 | ID: 40337

Gary OBrien, Lancashire

Ford Mondeo Titanium X Tdci 2007

I have to say having previously owned 3 Renault Laguna’s, I think i’ve made a major mistake opting to buy a Ford Mondeo Titanium X Tdci 130Bhp. Where do i start. The Road noise even at slow speed is very annoying. Also you feel every bump in the road. I put this down to the 225/40/18 low profile tyres on the 18 Titanium X rims. The Six speed box is far from a smooth gear change. The half leather seats are very uncomfortable when on long journeys. The only benefit with this car is the MPG you get with the 6th gear on motorways. If you can put up with the road noise.

Submitted: 2008-03-25 | ID: 40338

Sarah Stocks, Fife and Kinross Shires

Ford Mondeo 1998

Okay I know what you’re thinking. When you hear the words Ford Mondeo you don’t think wow babe magnet and instantly the word "Taxi" comes to mind. But I want to tell you that the 1998 Ford Mondeo is unbelievably reliable, even for its age. This is my second Mondeo and can’t imagine driving anything else (unless anyone knows a Ferrari going for under £5,000??? - worth a try!) She handles the road wonderfully and I do over 120 miles a day for work. The most recent MOT required slight work but did not exceed £200 and tha’ts the most I’ve ever had to pay out in the 3 years I have had her. Like my last Mondeo it was the back brakes that caused the dent in my purse, so if you’re planning on getting one keep an eye on this (perhaps it could be my driving though!!!). The car is extremely comfortable and reliable. The only downside is that it is not the best when it comes to petrol costs. She is a bit of a guzzler. I put £90 in a week...but I suppose this does get me 600 miles (is that good or bad? Maths is not my strong point). Anyway overall if you are thinking of getting a Ford Mondeo I don’t think you will be disappointed....oh and ladies there’s plenty of shopping room in the boot and storage places inside (no Imp not sexist...I am female!)

Submitted: 2008-02-28 | ID: 40342

Toni Quandt, England

Ford Mondeo 2004

My Mondeo at first seems ordinary but you really feel her kick in on motorways, no rattle, no shake, just a smooth effortless drive, and the computer lets me know regarding lights, washer fluid oil etc, and a god send for a busy lady like me. Leather seats beautiful and comfortable, and what can i say the fast defrosting windscreen makes winter mornings easy!!! Heated seats give me a warm start! I feel i have a very luxurious car for my money and am quietly very impressed and pleased.

Submitted: 2008-01-28 | ID: 40343

John Groves, Lancashire

Ford Mondeo Titaniam X 2007

Best car I have ever driven. I would definately recommend the Ford Mondeo as I have had lots of Fords but this is the best!!!!!

Submitted: 2008-01-02 | ID: 40341

Donald Jennings, Kent

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 140 Zetec 2007

This is the best family car available in the UK market today. Both Top Gear and What Car? magazines award the Modeo the full five stars out of five, an award that is very difficult to achieve. Why is the Mondeo so highly rated? The Modeo offers the smoothest, quietest drive that I have ever had. It almost feels like you are not moving. Road noise is barely noticeable, even at higher speeds. There is plenty of room inside the quality interior, the boot is HUGE and the rear seats split to offer you different seating arrangements. The Mondeo is, quite simply, quality The new car price being between £15,000 and £23,000 and this makes it excellent value for money. I honestly thought that Ford were losing their edge but I must say that I am mightily impressed!

Submitted: 2007-11-05 | ID: 40344

Michael Alexander, Shetland Islands

Ford Mondeo 1.8 Edge 2007

Excellent to drive. Holds the road really well. Loads of room so great for long journeys,even with two children. Lots of handy little gadgets. A lot of car for your money.Would highly recommend a Mondeo to anyone.

Submitted: 2007-10-19 | ID: 40345

Chris Neilson, Yorkshire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia petrol 2007

Very quiet car and very comfortable. Smooth drive and a very high spec. Don’t worry about buying one of these you won’t be disappointed. Just make sure you have enough room on the drive as it really is a big car! Masses of room inside for the driver and passengers. I can’t think of anything that lets this car down, however I agree water does collect along the rear window and when the boot is opened it can fall inside the car. This is a very minor gripe though and opening the boot slowly does solve the problem. Buy one you’ll love it!

Submitted: 2007-09-24 | ID: 40348

Gerry Bough, Nottinghamshire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 140 Zetec 5 2007

This car is a solid and safe drive. Very comfortable for both passengers and driver, this is a LOT of car for your money and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Submitted: 2007-09-06 | ID: 40346

Simon Hallett, Herefordshire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Ghia 2007

I originally owned the 2.5 but found the running costs slightly high so went for the 2.0 TDCi Ghia second time round. I now have what I class to be the perfect car - lovely to drive, economical and stylish. 5 out of 5.

Submitted: 2007-09-06 | ID: 40347

Johnny French, Cheshire

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Zetec 2007

Probably one of the best cars I have ever driven (and there's been a few), comfort second to none, bags of room, biggest boot you will ever see. Very economical on motorways and not bad also on urban journeys.

Submitted: 2007-08-23 | ID: 40349

Marty Dixon, Humberside

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 140 Zetec 2007

This is such a great car, I’ve only had it for three weeks but it’s a fabulous car to drive and feels, not only in the drive but comfort, a lot more car than you actually pay for. The boot is huge, the only one down side being if it has rained it does tend to collect and then run straight into the boot when you open it, but not a huge amount. For all the positives this car has that really is the only flaw I can think of and it’s a minor one. Highly recommend.

Submitted: 2007-08-13 | ID: 40350

• A response has been made to Ger OConnor (30/08/2014 03:44:42)
  • A response has been made to Mark Ley (04/06/2014 17:06:01)

• "Hi, my Mondeo has an intermittent problem. The red or yellow snowflake symbol appears on the dash when it's 30°C+ The temp readout will say it's -34..." (Gill, 22/08/2014 16:16:15)
  • "Hi, I do quite a lot of caravan towing including going to France/Spain in the summer months. Various caravanners have suggested I fit a second oil co..." (howard6040, 19/08/2014 20:55:51)
  • "Hi. I`ve got a 2009 Modeo hatchback and want to purchase leather seats but the seats that I`ve found are from a 2004 saloon Mondeo. Could it be possi..." (John melia, 19/08/2014 16:03:51)
  • "Hi I have 2.0 tdci edge 2008, the car starts fine drive with lots of power then the anti skid sensor comes on and have no turbo power any ideas been ..." (Mark, 17/08/2014 19:53:01)
  • "car runs fine all the time until you turn on the headlamps them the management light comes on and the engine mis fires and runs on 3 cylinders if you..." (derek mills, 10/08/2014 15:44:41)

• Barry's question has been answered: "If your vehicle is a turbo diesel the likely cause is a split turbo hose in the area where the oil is seen - Scott merrills from East Riding of Yorkshire' '..." (20/08/2014 20:56:03)
  • Brian's question has been answered: "I had a similar problem. My mechanic cleaned a couple of sensors (crank case was one I think) that had a little oil on them..... problem solved. - steve from Essex' '..." (19/08/2014 19:20:13)

Ford Mondeo

2011 - Ford has lightly revised the exterior of its fleet and family favourite Mondeo to give it an appearance more in line with the latest S-Max and Galaxy. There’s also a refreshed cabin and some new tech, such as a blind spot recognition system. However, the most important changes are under the bonnet w [...]

An image of the Ford Mondeo 2011

Ford Mondeo

1.8 Petrol Edge - The Mondeo Edge is sophisticated and affordable. It has an array of creature comforts and technology. It delivers just about everything you would expect from a family car.

Road Test Reports Says 4.5 star ratingFull Report