Fiat Panda consumer car reviews and road tests

Fiat Panda

Fiat Panda consumer reviews by year of make:2002 2004 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

Fiat Panda consumer car reviews

Jacky, Worcestershire

Fiat Panda 2012 - 2014

Bought this car last month & have already put 3.5K on the clock. Routinely drive 500 motorway miles per week. Wonderful car, fun to drive. The first 4X4 I've owned - bring on the snow!!

Submitted: 2014-10-25 | ID: 105101

P Quigley, Yorkshire

Fiat Panda Active ECO 1.1 2010

North Yorkshire. Bought New Panda 1.1 December 2010 for shopping trips. Present Mileage 5800. (Drove all over Spain in one 1983) Garage checked Panda for power steering failure: Cost £54 plus time and petrol to be told the battery only needed charging! Checked for liquids regularly: now told after winter check ’’advise rear shock absorbers top bushes worn £203.04; requires service oil filter corroded Bronze service £99. Front brake discs in very poor condition £174.68. All prices include VAT. Howzat for a first MOT test result - now due? Any comments? My BMW 25 years old going strong with none of this cost except rear shocks last year plus odds and ends. (I suspected an unsuccessful plot to sell me a new car).

Submitted: 2013-12-27 | ID: 39133

Anne, Cardiff

Fiat Panda 1.1 Eco 2010

I really like the Panda, fun to drive, easy to park, good headroom for passengers, and a very good boot size for a small car. Also easy to fold the back seat down for carrying large items. The only disappointment is the petrol economy. I was expecting 57 mpg, and 45 is the best I can do. Maybe I should have looked for a diesel for the economy I was expecting? Would I buy one again? Yes definitely, but maybe try the diesel.

Submitted: 2013-06-08 | ID: 39132

Jeff Jones, England

Fiat Panda 1.2 2011

You just can`t fault the Fiat Panda. It’s very economical with lots of space for a city car. The 1.2 engine is very nippy. Fun to drive and simple to service.

Submitted: 2013-06-08 | ID: 39131

Ann Moore, Yorkshire

Fiat Panda 1.1 active eco 2012

A reliable little car, but the fuel consumption is not as good as I was led to believe, only about 45 mpg on a long run. It’s a tight fit to get in and out of the driver’s side door and the head room is not good. It’s also very frustrating not having remote central locking, you can get soaked to the skin in the rain having to struggle to find the lock in the dark. The accelerator pedal is far too high off the floor and makes your leg ache on long journeys. Otherwise this is quite a good and cheap car to run, although service costs are quite expensive at the Fiat dealership.

How tall are you? I have headroom to spare and can easily get into this tall car. I weigh over 300lbs and am 6’4 tall and regarding the pedals - I have size 13 feet. The lack of space to rest your clutch foot is a pain. How difficult is it to use a key? Does your house have central locking? Here’s a tip - get it serviced at a local garage you trust. A full service cost me £100 - Wes Ruthven from Derbyshire

Submitted: 2012-12-26 | ID: 39125

Michael Spyridonos, Greece

Fiat Panda 1.2 2009

After driving Japanese cars for the last 12 years the Fiat Panda 1.2 gasoline with Duallogic transmition, which I have been using for the last two years, has made me believe that Fiat knows how to build a little car for driving enthusiasts.

Submitted: 2012-02-21 | ID: 39127

Mo, England

Fiat Panda Active 2011

Two complaints: The massive elephant mirrors are not necessary and just make the car wider, which is not so good in country lanes. I also get a draught on my right leg, even when all the vents are shut off it still gets in from either the foot vent or the door. The dealer says that is normal! Does anyone else get a draught? Otherwise great.

Submitted: 2012-01-28 | ID: 39128

Port Gulper, Shropshire

Fiat Panda 1.3 Diesel Multijet 2008

What a great little car. Had it for three years now with no mechanical problems whatsoever. I paid extra for this model with the diesel engine but when I am averaging 67mpg then it has justified the extra cost. We regularly use this as our family car as it will happily take all four of us to the supermarket and take a boot full of groceries without a problem. It is great fun to drive, especially with the extra torque but the body roll means it does not like being thrown into corners. It is very cheap to run and to service and the build quality both inside and out is fine. I test drove a number of vehicles before choosing the Panda. It is considerably better than the C1/Aygo/107 for example. Fiat dealer gave us a good deal as well. I would recommend a Panda to anyone who wants a small but practical car that is cheap to buy and own.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2012-01-26 | ID: 39129

Martin Bates, Ireland

Fiat Panda Active Eco 1.1 2010

Great little runabout - the ride can be a little harsh and limited boot space but hey, what can you expect from a cut price supermini? Much improved door mirrors from earlier models and no concerns - would recommend for motoring on a budget.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-08-26 | ID: 39130

Joe Strothers, England

Fiat Panda 1.2 Dynamic 2007

I did a lot of research before buying and on the whole, it’s a great little car. No regrets but here’s what the ’my Panda is so cute and he’s called Peter’ owners neglect to mention: it could do with reach adjustment on the steering wheel. It’s comfortable but as a tall man, I’ve never found the ideal driving position. It’s the classic Italian short leg long arm issue. It doesn’t induce confidence during cornering, sometimes alarming, especially at speed. A swift change of direction is at your peril. There’s far too much body roll. It handles better with a full load. You can forget attempting to match Fiat fuel consumption figures. I manage an combined average of around 40mpg over a full tank. Even if I try i can only raise it to 43. Clutch, accelerator and steering are ludicrously light in feel. The pedals are also set off-centre. Windscreen washer jets point where they like in spite of constant re-aiming.

Submitted: 2011-03-11 | ID: 39124

David J, West Midlands

Fiat Panda 2010

This is the third panda I have owned so you know I like them, but this is the first petrol I’ve had so I’m finding it a bit strange, almost having to push it up hills and gear shifting more often. The mpg is disappointing, 45 at best despite Fiat claiming an average of 57! It’s still fun to drive and I’d recommend it to those who like me have a larger car for longer trips.

Submitted: 2011-02-23 | ID: 39123

Edward Baker, Kent

Fiat Panda 1.1 eco 2009

I brought my Fiat Panda 1.1 eco in 2009. So bad on fuel I sent it back to fiat three months after getting it as I was only getting 20 miles to the gallon, only to be informed by them to run it for 1,400 miles to get 40 to the gallon. It’s not what they in formed me when I bought the car, I was told that I would get 65 to the gallon after running it in. Well I’ve done just under 5,000 miles and still only getting 20 miles to the gallon. Also if stuck in traffic like the M25 for two hours it’s bad on backside when passanger. I wish now that I’d never gone for the scrapage deal and kept my Vauxhall estate diesel 1998, more comfortable and more to the gallon. Not a very happy person!

Totally agree, Edward. We are all been taken in and trying to part-ex it is even worse news, mate. Fiat’s people should be shot for this. Got more out of my P-reg Fiesta with 157k on the clock. Complete con - from Staffordshire

Submitted: 2010-12-30 | ID: 39121

Paul Johnson, Yorkshire

Fiat Panda 1.3 multijet 2007

Hi there my Panda multijet is 3 years old today 26th Nov 2010, and covered 43000 miles, and what a great little car this is, its toured Scotland with 4 adults plus luggage, its up down motorways Leeds to Newcastle, then Leeds to Scottish Borders, no trouble at all. Around town after around 3000miles when fuel consumption and oil usage stabalised has returned 56mpg. If I drive not as heavy footed can actually touch 60mpg. Went from Leeds to Bridlington during summer, steady 50mph, brimmed tank at start, then brimmed back up in Bridlington, returned 78mpg. Would buy another with no worries, certainly better than our Toyota lease cars at work...always something not right with them.

Submitted: 2010-11-27 | ID: 39115

Dave, Yorkshire

Fiat Panda 1.2 dynamic 2004

Bought second hand 9 months ago, at 60,000 miles and can’t honestly fault it, averages 50mpg around town 60 on a run, comfortable, handles well, fair amount of room with rear seat down, would buy another.

The guy who wrote this report must be selling Pandas for a living. 60 mpg around town?! I don’t think so - Richard Paterson from Devon

I agree, there’s no way you get 60 miles. If so you’re invited to come over and see me and I will give you a fiver towards your petrol - Tony S from Staffordshire

Submitted: 2010-10-24 | ID: 39117

Tony Smith, Staffordshire

Fiat Panda 1.2 eco dynamic 2010

Got my 1.2 eco dynamic 30/6/2010, not impressed with fuel consumption, been on to Fiat say its what they expect but should increase after 3000 miles, just reaching 4000 no difference, anyone else having trouble? They don’t tell you this when purchasing, not impressed, good city car when concentrating on road and not fuel dials; what’s the point of cheaper road tax when it drinks petrol?

Submitted: 2010-09-24 | ID: 39116

Trevor Higley, Sussex

Fiat Panda multi jet 2006

Bought this car Oct 2009 with 26000 miles on, after 3 months needed top end steering done 50/50 due to out of warranty good dealer. Now this year needed with 36000 mile new shocks, cost so far £450 and £350 in two years yuck, but would say engine good.

Submitted: 2010-09-04 | ID: 39120

Chris, Suffolk

Fiat Panda 11 active eco 2009

Bought new in 2009, nippy in town but a bit under powered on motorways. Build quality good, fuel economy ok, only fault so far was a squeaking heater fan. Dealers could do better; after service average.

Submitted: 2010-06-24 | ID: 39114

Richard, Perthshire

Fiat Panda 1.2 Dynamic 2004

Bought car new, done 33,400 miles, driven hard for a lot of that time, never had problem. I just change the cam cover gasket at every service. Have 30mm lowering springs (fitted after about 3 months) and wider tyres (fitted last year) on it. Handles great, a lot of fun on B-roads. Great car, did 46MPG with 4 adults and 4 days camping stuff crammed in to Orkney and back. On its second set of brake pads (only another 3000miles left on them though) but disks are still perfect.

Submitted: 2009-03-25 | ID: 39134

Richard Palmann, England

Fiat Panda Multijet aircon 2007

I bought this car new in January of 2008. It has covered 15,500 miles since and has been an excellent buy. I have had no issues with the vehicle. We have since had our first child and are surprised at how easily it copes with the baby seat and a pram in the boot. The performance is excellent from the little diesel, and will cruise happily on the motorway with plenty left in reserve. Economy is good too, it is easy to get 65mpg through a tank. My best is 74 although this was on A roads and did require a concerted effort. I enjoy having the air conditioning, useful for de misting on damp days as well as keeping the summer heat at bay. Build quality is good too, so nothing not to like.

Submitted: 2009-03-16 | ID: 39135

Rebecca Bailey, Northamptonshire

Fiat Panda 2002

Nightmare car, have spent 3,000 in repairs in the last year. Head gasket blown, new water pump, new computer that cost £400, the list goes on and on...

I take it by the year 2002, it’s the old Panda - Paul Johnson from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2008-08-04 | ID: 39138

Chas Davies, Lancashire

Fiat Panda 1.1 Active Sport 2007

I love me Panda! Cheap to run and insure. Short on space especially in the boot but good fuel economy. The ride is not that smooth but it is reliable and safe and perfect for city life!

Submitted: 2007-10-31 | ID: 39136

Dennis Limburn, Sussex

Fiat Panda Eleganza 2007

Dennis Limburn from Sussex awarded the Fiat Panda 5 stars.

Submitted: 2007-10-08 | ID: 39137

• A response has been made to Ann Moore (26/12/2012 12:27:27)
  • A response has been made to Edward Baker (30/12/2010 21:33:24)

• "Just collected and returned new Panda 1.2 Easy. Within 2 miles gear change difficult , clutch pedal bite got nearer and nearer the floor and eventua..." (Seth, 28/11/2014 23:43:59)
  • "i have a red light come up on dashboard that looks like a steering wheel . no idea what this is can anyone help pls ..." (linda, 15/11/2014 23:50:14)
  • "ABS and Brake warning lights come on after about 5 mins or 2 to 3 miles. the lights say on till the engine is turned off and then when you start the ..." (Ron Mccxarthy, 12/11/2014 15:16:28)
  • "Knocking sound from real axle when gears changed either:too quickly or too low revs...problem not apparent when gears changes very gingerly or with h..." (al, 14/10/2014 14:57:14)
  • "My Fiat has developed a leak to the radiator. Service engineer said U shud get it replaced ASAP. Couldn't I just use radweld? Money tight! ..." (Brenda, 05/10/2014 18:05:58)

• linda's question has been answered: "Hi Linda, I had the same problem yesterday. I stopped at my Fiat garage and was told that the warning light would normally come on In the event of ele - Al from Italy' '..." (19/11/2014 15:14:26)
  • al's question has been answered: "I have the same problem with my Panda 4x4 climbing edition ,55plate. I wonder if its the gear box mounts!! Not sure but I need help too - Kenneth from Orkney Islands' '..." (31/10/2014 16:50:23)

Fiat Panda

2012 0.9-litre TwinAir - When it comes to small cars, Fiat has it covered. There’s the Punto all-rounder, the chic 500 and the utilitarian Panda. The Panda first appeared in the 1980s, and this was succeeded by the baby MPV version in 2003, so now comes the third-gen Panda with a heavily revised chassis, fresh styling and a [...]

An image of the Fiat Panda 2012 0.9-litre TwinAir