Fiat Grande Punto consumer car reviews and road tests

Fiat Grande Punto

Fiat Grande Punto consumer reviews by year of make:1996 2003 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011

Fiat Grande Punto consumer car reviews

Andrew Walker, Berkshire

Fiat Grande Punto Multijet Eleganza 2010

For a smallish car it has plenty of space for people and luggage, goes well in town and holds it’s own on the motorway. I still like the styling after three years. The 1.3 Diesel returns 55mpg on the motorway and is refined enough at cruising speeds. It’s well equipped and the seat and steering wheel have good adjustment. (I am 6’2"). The running costs are reasonable and it’s well equipped for a small car. The seats are a bit mediocre comfort wise, but the ride and handling are a good compromise, with light steering and keen brakes.

Submitted: 2013-05-25 | ID: 39036

Colin T, Kent

Fiat Grande Punto 90hp 1.3 diesel 2006

Purchased this car brand new from the dealer and it has turned out to be the best car I have ever owned. Currently at 75000 miles on clock, I have replaced the electric steering, a broken front spring (pot holes) and two front tyres, that’s it, nothing else, nada!. I have been all over the UK and Europe towing a trailer tent and it just keeps going! Sure there are one or two niggles, but who cares? If I wanted top quality, refinement, power, class, I would be a top gear idiot presenter driving a car no mortal person could afford. I want a cheap, reliable, good looking, comfy car and that’s what this car is. This car is cheap to run, tax and insure. I want to give as little cash to the government as possible and this car fits the bill. Yes I’m sure I will have a few breakdowns in the future, yes they are a pain, but with 75000 miles things will wear out, it’s part of any car ownership. Love this car, it will be with us for a long time to come.

Submitted: 2013-04-02 | ID: 39050

Sarah, England

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 active sport 2006

This is the worst car I have ever owned! 1). The driver’s door handle breaks! 2). The steering unit fails! 3). Te second steering unit fails! 4). The starter motor’s faulty so has to be renewed! 5). The fan fails! 6. The computer panel’s faulty! This all before the car reaches its 5th birthday or half century mileage! I will never recommend Fiat to anyone. If you buy one you do so at your own risk. you have been warned!

Submitted: 2012-09-19 | ID: 39051

Paul Roughsedge, Cheshire

Fiat Grande Punto 5 door hatch 1996

This is the worst car I have ever owned if I could give it 0 stars I would. I have had so many faults on this car I could fill an A4 sheet of paper. The driver’s seat slowly goes down, the rear driver’s side door leaks water, part of the cheap plastic dashboard where the heat comes up the windscreen has come unstuck, sometimes the speedometer and clock stops working, the rear door handles don’t work very well, I could keep going. This car is utter rubbish. Do not buy Fiat!

Submitted: 2012-07-26 | ID: 39052

Cathie McCrorie, Lanarkshire

Fiat Grande Punto 2007

This is my third brand new Punto, but I won’t buy another. I’ve just had to get a new alternator, plus a gear lineage I think he called it at a cost of £558. As I’m a pensioner with no private pension I’ve had to go into debt to pay the bill and I don’t finish paying the car till next March! These are repairs I would expect on a car that has done a lot of mileage, but mine has done under 40,000.

Submitted: 2012-07-13 | ID: 39053

Carol Smith, South Africa

Fiat Grande Punto 2009

I bought my Fiat Grunde Punto in 2010, and since day one I’ve had endless problems. It was sold to me as follows: With 4 old tyres one of which was smooth, dent in the bottom of car, no spare wheel, dirty interior, squeaky brakes, one window not opening properly. I have never been happy with this car since purchasing it. All I had done is run up and down to the dealership to fix the problems, and when I do get there I get told there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. I am definitely not recommending anyone to purchase from Fiat and neither will I be buying from them again.

It sounds like the car you bought has been abused and not really the cars fault to be honest. If the car you had bought would have been loved and had new brakes, new tyres, no dents and been serviced regular then you would probably be writing a great review for it and having no issues. Hope you get it all sorted - James Day from England

If when you saw the car it had that many faults, why did you buy it? - patrick reade from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 2012-06-21 | ID: 39054

Ben Burns, Warwickshire

Fiat Grande Punto 2008

I think it is unfair for one of the reviews to state that a serious issue was having to replace the pads and discs. There is a reason why these parts are not covered by any warranty (unless faulty craftmanship) and that’s because they are consumable parts! Poor review I think, and massively unfair to any car.

Submitted: 2012-05-10 | ID: 39056

Simon Roberts-Watts, Derbyshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 8v Dynamic 2008

Bought at three years old as a second car and one that we could (just about) afford to insure my 17 year old to drive. First the good stuff: Cheaper to buy and insure than any other supermini we could find. Spacious. Quiet and smooth. Nice chunky steering wheel. Easily understood controls, Clear instrumentation. Good to drive and the performance is good for the city or country lanes. Could do better: Small tailgate opening with high lip. Acceleration poor and really needs a sixth gear making it less suitable for fast roads. Real world fuel consumption is also disappointing at around 35mpg compared with the official 47mpg.

Submitted: 2012-03-20 | ID: 39049

Robbaddoo Porter, Leicestershire

Fiat Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 Multijet 130 2006

The negatives are: Understeer, which has to be respected in the wet, the potential dual mass flywheel/clutch replacement can be expensive if purchased at the wrong mileage and some plastic trims have a bit of a mind of their own. The positives are: Over 50mpg combined achievable if driven like a gent, doesn’t drop massively from that if driven like a nut. In gear acceleration is awesome, 320d and 520d drivers don’t like it at all ;) I Can sit around 100mph all day (speed limit permitting) and it is hardly revving in 6th. It has decent space and the seats are comfortable. The only option I wish I had added was cruise. There are few vehicles in this small sporty diesel sector, I have no regrets getting this one.

Submitted: 2012-02-13 | ID: 39048

Andy Rose, Moray (Elgin) and Nairn Shire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active 3 Door 2008

Had the car for two years but not happy with it. Two recalls and a new battery. Engine feels under powered. I would not have another one.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2012-01-23 | ID: 39044

Lewis McDonald, Hertfordshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Multi Jet Sporting 2007

I’ve had this car for five years and I have very mixed feeling about it. Although mechanically engine wise, it has stood the test of time, its age and Italian-build quality is starting to show through. I get ice on the inside of the windscreen in the winter and major condensation in the on damp/wet days. The rear lights have filled with water during heavy rain falls and the electrics have frozen intermittently. I had to put the electric windows back in the frame after they stuck and every now and again when running lights blow. The chassis set up is bad and it suffers from massive under steer in wet weather, but when it’s dry, it is quite a lot of fun to drive. The engine is sweet and revs well when warmed up and can return 50mpg on a run. I bought my car brand new, and regret making that decision and although it has its moments, when I drive it, I would NEVER buy another Fiat again.

Submitted: 2012-01-16 | ID: 39045

Helen, Lancashire

Fiat Grande Punto 2006

I loved this car, sadly it has just been written off. For the money it looks stunning and much more expensive than it is. Mine had a very nice interior, which again looks more expensive than it is. The car drove beautifully for the year I had it. I previously had a Saxo which stuttered and rattled, so the Grande Punto was a dream. Never a noise from the engine, it’s so silent you think you have stalled, and if you do stall, you think you’re still running. The car is attractive from every angle and looks amazing after a full valet. The seats are comfy, the dash is well lit at night, the sound system is great (I’m very picky being a musician) with lots of base and depth when playing CDs. Ok, so for the down sides: My back doors never opened from the outside (a well known problem of the 2006 model but very easy to fix), the power steering could randomly fail (but would come back on after restarting engine) and the heater grill was coming away from the dash due to the dash looking like it had sank over time. The doors could have easily been fixed for around £200 at a Fiat dealership by a simple change of handles. When going over speed bumps and sometimes turning slowly there would sometimes be creaks, which sounded like the frame of the car squeaking. Also, this car is very sluggish to start feeling heavy and slow, but once you are going there is no issue (you can’t go faster than the speed limit anyway!) There was nothing that was ever a major problem because the ride was so quiet and smooth. It was also a dream on the motorway, sitting pretty at any speed. I miss this car greatly, and I am currently looking to buy the exact same one, but on a 2007 plate as by this time Fiat had sorted the sticking door problems. I would highly recommend this car for anyone who wants a stylish, trendy, comfortable, smooth and quiet ride.

Wouldn’t bother with 2007 model either; I have one and so does a friend, both back door handles were stuck within a year of buying!!! Plus very well known for 07 models to have faulty electrics BAD BAD BAD engineering on Fiat’s part, very disappointing - Envy Charvetto from London

Submitted: 2011-12-09 | ID: 39046

Shannon, Devon

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 8V Active 2008

I’ve had this car 4 months. It’s pretty good, however, it had to go back in the first week of having it because of a split breather hose. The car sometimes doesn’t start properly when it’s colder and it drinks oil for a pastime; at least 1/2 litre for every thousand miles! The 1.2 engine does lack power, but I did previously have a 1.4 Merc so that says it all really. This is the 3rd Fiat in the family and I would probably buy one again.

Submitted: 2011-10-31 | ID: 39037

Carol, South Africa

Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 JTD Multijet Diesel 2007

I bought this car second hand two years ago with about 30000km on the clock (17000 miles, I think). I have since put on another 70 000km (about 38000miles) and this car has never let me down. It was recalled just to check some screw or nut or whatever on the steering column which took about 15 minutes to check but luckily mine was not affected by the error. I recently started experiencing problems with the headlight bulbs that continue to blow, but I have not taken it to an auto-electrician to look at. Other than that, I have not needed to do anything to it besides normal services. I’ve noticed lots of people here saying that the door handles are faulty. I have found that my one back door handle does stick a little, but I don’t have kids and don’t often have passengers so it’s not a big deal and they still work. I travel about 60 miles per day on the motorway/highway and I am extremely impressed with this diesel engine. It really has a LOT of power compared to a petrol engine. I can keep the car in 5th gear all the way on the open road. It doesn’t lose power on uphills. Fuel consumption is good, I get about 16km per liter of diesel. I had a 1.2 Fiat Palio before this car and only got about 11-12km per litre of petrol. I love my car. It has all the features that I could possible want and it is packed with about 6 airbags and side impact protection beams. I don’t know if other drivers were just unlucky to get duds or whether I was lucky not to but it will be a sad day when I need to replace it due to high mileage.

Submitted: 2011-09-16 | ID: 39039

Peter Pearson, Yorkshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 active 3 door 2007

I bought this car from new and I have been very happy with it. It’s stylish roomy and nippy when allowed. Unfortunately some little ******* decided to take it for a spin and now the problems have started! I am sure it would still be running right if that had not happened. I would definitely buy another and I would recommend one to others. But this time I wouldn’t leave the keys in the ignition - LOL!

Submitted: 2011-08-30 | ID: 39038

Andrew Gough, Derbyshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active 2007

I bought my Punto from a Fiat dealership in Stockport. I was the second owner so the car had done 8,990 miles when I got it. Guess what? After only 24,000 miles the power steering column failed, barely a month after the warranty ran out. The dealership I bought the car from had ceased trading so I took the advice of the nearest Fiat dealership to me. They didn’t want to know. I spoke to Fiat UK in Slough, and again they couldn’t get me off the phone quick enough. In fact they were quite rude, not their problem, not even an apology, despite me explaining that I am a full time carer for my daughter and make weekly hospital visits. The reason for their total lack of support? Because the first owner hadn’t bothered to have it serviced in the year he had it so it had no service history. What annoyed me more was a colleague drives the same make, model and year Punto yet his was recalled free for the same fault while mine cost me £600 to put right. The car is approaching 40000 miles and I am nervous the same fault will re-occur.

The same problem happened to me but I had bought the car from new. I was told by the dealership if my reg was on their list from Fiat that I could have it done. They went out of buisness. I was told by Fiat [italy], if the area manager for that region agreed, I could claim half of the costs back through him but I am still waiting for the reply from him and my phone bill from all the calls to him and italy - David D’Onofrio from Staffordshire

I have had exactly the same problem with my Grande Punto 1.2 2006. The power steering started failing intermittently eight months ago. Since it was out of warranty, I have had no joy from the dealership, and no response from Fiat. I was quoted what equates to 10% of the original value of the car (new) to repair. I don’t have that kind of money and am stuck with a car that is near impossible to drive and unsellable! - Gillian Zannos from South Africa

Just to update, my power steering column did fail again, and guess what, it was just over the 12 month guarantee had expired, so this time it cost me £900+ to fix. l hate this car, l finish paying for it in July, but to me Fiat cars are a waste of money and Fiat customer services are a joke. l’ve just gone through 50000 miles and yesterday 4 lights stayed on on my dashboard, ABS light, handbrake light, airbag light and power steering light, also the speedo and petrol gauges dropped below zero though the car still drove ok. l have driven the car since, switching on the ignition 6 or 7 times and (fingers crossed) so far its been ok. l’m nervous to drive this car but as l still have the same weekly hospital appointments it’s a neccesity. l’m hoping that this was just a blip because of the cold weather but l won’t hold my breath - Andrew Gough from Derbyshire

Submitted: 2011-08-14 | ID: 39040

Christopher Keable, Essex

Fiat Grande Punto Active 2008

Was very happy with car for the first 6 months then a littany of problems, the worst being new brake pads and discs yearly on 8000 miles. I would not recommend buying a Punto.

Submitted: 2011-05-25 | ID: 39021

Marc Stokes-Denson, Yorkshire

Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 2006

We bought this car for my wife after we drove one around Italy for 2500 miles and not having felt tired. I have nothing but praise for this car, yes there has been the odd failing but these were sorted out by the dealer we have owner the car since 12k miles it is now at 96k and apart the power steering failure which required a new motor (We bought a non FIAT version) we have not had a problem. It is an attractive car that you can travel distance in and not feel uncomfortable. I thought for the money it was a good buy and we have been pleased with it.

Submitted: 2011-05-03 | ID: 39020

Roy Allingham, Lanarkshire

Fiat Grande Punto Active 77 1.4 8 valve 2010

Dreadful car: Small inside and with many really stupid features. Despite REALLY slow/careful driving, drifting down hills in neutral, with very little town work the very best MPG I could get is a pathetic 44.3 . The wiper controls are a nightmare, obviously ’designed’ by a 3 year old, and no variable intermittent control. The indicators insist on giving 3 flashes minimum. I like to give a single flash to acknowledge others actions, just not possible. The headlights are useless on main beam, like driving down a tunnel, only one double filament bulb per light. If the dip beam stayed on too they would be fine. On main beam a glaring bright blue bulb shines up from the dash, conveniently blinding the driver. The seats become super uncomfortable after about an hour. The Bluetooth system is hopeless, doesn’t work at all half the time and when it does connect almost impossible to hear the caller. Most annoying of all Fiat miserably only provide one ’plip’ key, so the person with the non plip key can’t open the rear hatch without opening the car and leaning inside to press the button.  Oh and the rear hatch opening is so small it’s not possible to carry a dishwasher etc, etc, which my other car, a Clio (a MUCH better/roomier car) carries easily. I’ve managed to get rid of my Punto today after 15 months of the most miserable motoring. It’s cost me a lot to trade it in so soon, but SO glad.

Gutted - from England

Drifting down hills in neutral will use more fuel than driving with a gear engaged. The engine will use fuel to stay idling, whereas if it is in gear the kinetic energy of the car being transferred from the wheels to the gearbox to the engine will keep it turning over - from Lancashire

Not sure what Punto you had, I’ve had a 42" TV in the back of mine, a kitchen table and 6 chairs from Ikea at another time, loads of room. You can order a second key for under £100. 44.3mpg out of a 1.4 8v with a 5 speed box is excellent for a petrol car. Mine with the 16v engine and 6 speed will get 55.6mpg - Brian Smith from Ireland

Websites like this are useful for people researching buying a new car and comments from people who haven’t been taught how to drive properly and clearly haven’t read their handbook are unnecessary. The indicator is supposed to flash three times if you press it briefly. This is common to most modern cars and is designed to make it easier changing lanes without leaving the indicator on. Not a fault! As the other commentator said, rolling a car along in neutral uses more fuel than rolling in gear! In neutral, the fuel has to be thrown into the engine just to keep the engine ticking over whereas if you are in gear the road wheels will keep the engine turning on hills while using no fuel at all. 44mpg out of a car that is rated for 47mpg by Fiat is pretty good. 80-90% is typical compared to manufacturer figures as they do their tests in a lab with no wind and little rolling resistence - from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 2011-04-02 | ID: 39015

Paul Bartlett, Derbyshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active 2003

I have owned this car from new and have nothing but praise for it. I have driven 90,000 trouble free miles. It has never let me down and the only running costs have been tyres and servicing. It has just had a MOT and again no repairs. There was a strange episode when all of the warning lights came on and the gauges and repeaters stopped working but it mended itself after restarting. I will buy another Grande Punto when it’s worn out. You’ll never buy a second hand car from me!!!

I have the Grande Punto dynamic 1.4 16v sport and can say this car is awesome. I had the car from new. It comes packed out with features, USB interface, MP3 player, air-con, bluetooth phone controller, electric windows etc. Never had a problem with it. Religously goes for service every year and sails through MOTs no problem. Drove it to South of France, getting 65mpg in sixth gear most of the way. Great car, roomy inside fun to drive plus very pokey. It picks up really well for little extra burst of speed! :-) - Darrel Sutherland from England

Submitted: 2011-03-13 | ID: 39013

Ruth Crockatt, Angus (Forfarshire)

Fiat Grande Punto 2008

Car went back to Arnold Clark today for starter to be replaced, received phone call this afternoon to say starter replaced but car still making same noise. Have been told it is the battery. On picking up car asked to see Service Manager, a bit spineless he wouldn’t come out of his office to speak to me, but left it to the admin clerk to explain that the battery was the problem and this is not covered on the Warranty. I told clerk that I would get the battery checked independantly because I did not think this was the problem. Then discoverd that the battery I had was not the problem but that it needed a more powerful battery!!!! Why would I have to pay for this? As far as I’m concerned this is a fault with the car. Anyway reading comments on this page this would solve the problem as other people have tried this. I left the garage under no illusions that this was not one and I was not going to let this run on until the Warranty expires, the car is going back to the garage tomorrw, I do not want this car back I will be phoning Finance Company tomorrow.

Submitted: 2011-02-17 | ID: 39022

Ruth Crockatt, Angus (Forfarshire)

Fiat Grande Punto 2010 2011

Bought this lump in August last year, 6 weeks ago the car sometimes would not start, grinding noise when ignition switched on, I sometimes have to wait 10 or 15 minutes for car to eventually start. Returned car to Arnold Clark I told them it sounded like the starter, left the car in the garage for a whole day, still not repaired when I went to collect it, but they said it was an ignition switch problem. Had the switch done yesterday went to collect the car and guess what it made the same noise and would not start. Needless to say not happy, went back into service department told them it was just the same, more or less told yes they had heard the noise too but it should only happen every now and then, get used to it!!!. Spoke to the salesman who sold me the car and told them I would be returning car to them (car still has 6 weeks warranty left) as I need a reliable car. Sales back on phone to me saying they would take the car back and replace starter. I do not think this will work either as have read comments on Fiat forum and it seems like this a fault with the car. WHY WHY WHY has Fiat not recalled or sorted this problem out? I have also let the dealership know about comments on web about this car.

Submitted: 2011-02-13 | ID: 39024

Trevor Rowntree, Durham

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 2007

Had the car from new, various faults, left hand indicator won’t go off after going around corners, was told the same fault was on the last model. Water leaked onto the parcel shelf, this fault was put right by the garage under the warranty. Wiper blade rubber wore down, so that the metal scratched the window so badly I had to have the windscreen replaced. And the latest fault is the power steering... £600/ 800 to fix, what a shock, and again the same fault apeared in the old models. Have now let the car go after 4 years and have moved back to a vauxhall, never to buy a Fiat again.

Submitted: 2011-02-12 | ID: 39023

Dean Weeks, Durham

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 2006

Love this car!!! Bought it in April 2009 and still enjoy driving it, have had my fair share of problems though. On the day I purchased the car I hadn’t gotten home, which is approx a mile from the garage and the demister blowers packed in, took it straight back to the Fiat approved garage and was told I had bought it under trade sale as I traded my old car in and they would not fix the problem so I lived without them ’til the bad weather set in and then had to go and get it fixed (they ended up fixing it for free because the receptionist slipped up about being aware of the problem when the car arrived in the garage before I bought it), happy with this I then got about 5 month free of any problems and now the boot light has packed in (apparently this is because of water in the locking mechinism on the boot lock). The driver’s door now only opens from the outside, the horn requires some force to operate now, the gear box has an oil leak and the cd player only plays cds that it likes! When I get all this fixed the car will be a pleasure to drive once again. All the problems I have been told are common faults which is disappointing as I think Fiat has for once come up with an appealing car!! Also if I had test driven the car before I bought it I would have gone with a more powerful engine the 1.2, which is to me greatly underpowered for the size and weight of the car. For instance if I’m on the motoway and wanting to overtake a lorry I HATE being flashed out because I know the car will struggle to gain speed and holds up the traffic in the other lane whilst it creeps past the lorry, but you do get used to the power and speeds this car is capable of.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2011-02-09 | ID: 39025

Ollie Watson, Essex

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 t jet sporting 2009

I have just recently purchased a Grande Punto sporting T-Jet and I absolutely love it. However, after about a week, a warning appeared stating low oil pressure stop and turn off engine. This only occurred when going round a sharp bend or a roundabout. Then, last night, it happened everytime I turned a corner. I pulled into a garage to check the oil level and it was bone dry! It was supposedly serviced and checked before I drove it out of the showroom, so I was a bit baffled. I filled it with some oil, but came out this morning and it had subsequently leaked it all over the road!! Maybe some technician hasn’t put the sump plug back in correctly?, just waiting for them to recover it. Not a happy bunny, but I still love the car. Watch this space!!

Update: Just got the car back from the dealers, problem was a faulty oil filter seal. Matter dealt with quickly and efficiently so can’t complain too much. Car is much smoother and quiter, - fingers crossed no more problems : ) Ollie Watson from Essex

Do they call you Oily now Ollie? This issue happened to me when a car was returned from service and I found they hadn’t tightened the filter properly. Anyway my wife has just bought a Fiat Punto 1.4 5 door (our first ever Fiat purchase in 25 years of driving) we collect it on Feb 19th and following negotiation I got the brand new car for under 7k. and two coffees, I hope it goes well. PS 10/10 for Sales service Arnold Clark Falkik - Paul Greig from Lothians

Submitted: 2011-01-20 | ID: 39026

Charly, Leicestershire

Fiat Grande Punto 2008

I brought this car from the dealership with 300 miles on the clock in 08. The first 6 months I would have told anyone to buy the car BUT as soon as my first year warranty ran out the problems started! Firstly, the steering rack started to grind, then the back door would no longer open. These were fixed quickly under my warranty and apologies were given. About 6 weeks later the the blowers began to crackle and the door rattled in the rear and front drivers door - this time the issue was my shocks, so they were replaced. However, once my shocks were replaced suddenly a serious rattle began and if turned the corner I was grinding, I took it back, once again, apparently this time the bolts had all come unstuck in my engine and bonnet. The excuse given "someone must have removed the bonnet and not put the bolts back in properly" - well you are the only people who have worked on my car and you have made a fortune from doing it! Can I just point out in order to recieve free warranty labour I have to travel nearly 90 miles and I live in a major city. Things seemed to be fine and then winter arrived and the inside of my car kept on freezing up. My car is only a year old - this should not happen! A weather test was booked and cancelled and rebooked and cancelled. I cannot get the FIAT dealership to deal with this issue and now I am in my third year and I have to pay £560 to replace the seal around my front window. Seriously, DO NOT BUY this awful, Fix It Again Tomorrow (FIAT) car!!!!! I have lost faith in buying new cars, especially from this dealer, but if I sell I will lose over £6k and I am not willing to pay £2k a year leasing fees.

Surely a Grande Punto 2008 has three years warranty. Well mine did anyway - Peter Steele from Oxfordshire

Submitted: 2010-12-05 | ID: 39034

Zamile Nzimande, South Africa

Fiat Grande Punto 2007

Had the car 3 years now and what a ton of problems. The passenger window failed to open from the driver’s side, I was quoted over R3000 about $375 to change the button which was supposedly faulty. I told them to leave it. One day I was bored at home and decided to check the wires. There was a broken wire which I connected and the window was working fine. There was nothing wrong with the button. Then the door handles failed, then the dashboard lights. The rear seat belt lock is broken. Just did a 120 000km (75000miles) service which cost R3800($475). A month after that service the fanbelt snapped. They’re telling me it will cost R3800 to fix cause the alternater seized up. Tomorrow I’m going there to take it. Told them not to fix it. I have lost trust in this dealer and the car. Once I have it fixed, I’m getting rid of this s**t.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-11-04 | ID: 39032

Geoffrey Reed, Essex

Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic 2010

This was hitting 85 on the M6, 4 people and luggage on board and I swear I was hardly touching the gas. It went everywhere and the steering fantastic and light. Only one thing, the gas cap is fiddly to lock at times.

Submitted: 2010-10-04 | ID: 39033

Darren Owen, Flintshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active 2007

We have had this car from new, 3 years and 30,000 miles now. Despite the small engine, it keeps up easily with motorway traffic, and would sit at 80 all day, if that were legal :) Driving through central London, Birmingham and Liverpool quite often, the car is in its element. At low speeds it is really nippy. Nothing is perfect though, and there have been a couple of niggles, sorted under warranty. Two mirror-stalk covers fell off (the third one is a better fit), one breather pipe replaced by me and new brake pads to solve a graunching noise. Would we recommend it? Well, we are debating whether we can afford to buy a 1.4 Grande Punto Sound, and run 2 cars! Very pleased with ours, and would recommend them to anyone.

Update to this review: 16 months on and we’ve done 39,000 miles. Still no problems, we’re very happy with the car. We did not buy a second Punto, due to job security worries, but otherwise would have done. These are great looking cars, without the artificial looking tacked-on grills of other cars, notably the 207 and Clio. The car has been used almost totally in town for the last year or so, hence the reduced mileage increase, and has been great. Recommended - Darren Owen from Flintshire

Submitted: 2010-08-15 | ID: 39029

Derek, Kent

Fiat Grande Punto Eleganza 2008

Nice economical and quiet car that we have had for a year (bought second hand). We found that the glove box was pretty minimal and the ride rather bumpy, because of what appears to be a stiff suspension. However, overall it is a nice car with excellent steering and air conditioning. The reversing sensors are a godsend.

Submitted: 2010-07-28 | ID: 39031

Pat Kelly, Devon

Fiat Grande Punto 2006

I have had a Fiat car twice and have had no problems other than the normal wear and tear. They are good cars and I would recommend them to anyone.

Submitted: 2010-06-04 | ID: 39005

Bjorn Lund, Norway

Fiat Grande Punto EVO 1.3 2010

Top car, good quality.

Submitted: 2010-05-13 | ID: 39006

Sharon, Lancashire

Fiat Grande Punto 2009

Had my car only 5 weeks and the clutch is making a whining noise towards the end of each day. At the same time a slight vibration can be felt in the clutch and accelerator. Conveniently the garage never have time to assess the problem later in the day. Has anybody else experienced clutch issues on their new cars? To make matters worse whilst the car was at the garage for another matter the car has been dented on the wheel arch! Can’t believe how unlucky I am sadly the dealership cant understand why I am so annoyed. Due back there tomorrow for the next episode.

UPDATE: Stood my ground and got a replacement car. Like for like. All has been fine with my 2nd car until 4 mths down the line. Today the message light came on ’please check power steering’! Is this serious and can I still drive my car safely? - from Lancashire

UPDATE: This is now a 2nd new Grande Punto and already it has had a new steering column and now a new clutch. This is so wrong on a car only 9mths old. The Dealer thinks it’s so funny - Sharon Morrow from Lancashire

Submitted: 2010-03-22 | ID: 39007

Malcolm Moore, Nottinghamshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 8v Dynamic 5-door 2006

I bought my car new in June 2006, drove over 1100 miles in first 10 days holidaying round north England and Scotland. Apart from Fiat recalls affecting steering and door, car absolutely fine until 2 weeks before 3 year warranty expired...then alternator failed, and driving a Grande without power steering is no joke! Fixed under warranty, and no further troubles until Dec 09/Jan 10 when worrying noises began through steering column. Booked into auto-electrician who diagnosed Power steering electrical unit (ECU) about to fail, as on numerous previous model Puntes. Garage claim mine to be the first Grande booked in with the old, old, fault (see web pages relating to Fiat Punte power steering failures... there are plenty!) Fiat replacement about £600, but motor factor unit (with same warranty as Fiat’s) is about £300 + fitting. I have now lost all faith in this car. 33000 essentially trouble free miles and yet Fiat have not corrected a fault going back YEARS !! In all other aspects I have been happy with the car, yet always suspected a 1.6 engine could and should have been an option. Consumption averages 41 overall, yet my 1.2 16v Punto previosly owned returned 50 /55 and was quicker. Got 27000 miles out of front tyres, and nothing else needs replacing.

Having got the car fixed, it appears ONLY Fiat currently supply a replacement power steering assembly/ECU unit for the Grande......at a price! AND their warranty of 1 year is half that of a non-Fiat supplier to the previous Punto model. To possibly help anyone with potentially the same fault: The car will appear to drive in " City " mode at all times, and suffer severe vibration through the steering column before ultimate failure. Cost...£650 fitted at local autoelectricians - Malcolm Moore from Nottinghamshire

Hi malcolm, I’ve just been on the net trying to work out why my Punto’s power steering is making a horrible groaning noise, and why it shakes about when turning. I’ve checked VOSA and sadly they’re not recalling my batch!! However, I got quoted here in Leicester £1300-£1500 for two parts that may be neeeded, and Fiat want to charge me £60 to "diagnose"the problem. My Punto was on the road June 2006, and it’s done 41000 miles, so the average. I’m fuming that this is happening, the car’s only worth £3000-£3500. Think I’m gonna part X it!! Why use an electronic power steering, when the belt one works just fine?!!! I love my Punto and am really attached, but now I’m never gonna have one, EVER!! - Will Coltman from England

Submitted: 2010-02-01 | ID: 39010

Dave Lazlo, Wrexham

Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 DIESEL 2006

I bought a second-hand Grande Punto from Stonearce Wrexham in January of last year. All was well for 3 months when the passenger side shocker spring broke. Got that fixed, then 3 months down the line the door handle broke, after paying 160 pounds for it to be fixed the steering fault light keeps coming on. I went to an independent garage and they said that the steering rack has broke. I am at my wits end with this car and I don’t feel safe driving it. I paid for this car on HP for 5 years, i haven’t even had it 12 months. I would never have another Fiat car again.

I got a new Punto grande with only 1.4 miles on the clock when it arrived. I was made up with the new snappy hot little hatch diesel turbo, but after just 7 miles the abs light came on and passenger airbag failed, this was fixed, then at 160 miles the turbo gave up, since then Ive had nothing but disasters with the wretched car, the diesel pump is now leaking, the airbag is on and off when it wants, abs light comes on and management lights reset themselves. I wouldn’t have another one that’s for sure. A great car when its running right but that’s been less than often and it makes poor motoring when a car lets you down, especially when its been praised by so many people and you get a bad one. They call them Friday cars as everyone in the factory goes home early Friday - Michael Lyttle from England

Submitted: 2010-01-14 | ID: 38993

Gareth Saunders, Staffordshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 JTD Sporting (M-Jet) 2008

Bought the car in January 2008 from new and have covered 32000 miles in 12 months with no problems other than a new battery! These cars are fantastic regardless of engine size or specification. The 1.9 Jtd is seriously quick once moving (only group 6 insurance) and can blow off most 2.0 litre cars with out a problem and return 50 mpg on a run! Only thing I will say is that servicing costs are a bit steep!

Submitted: 2010-01-14 | ID: 38992

John Southern, England

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 2009

This car is sluggish , it feels like the brakes are always on and so much condensation it sometimes rains inside the car. STEER CLEAR.

Don’t use the recycle control on the aircon, unless you are trying to cool down the car when it’s really hot weather - from New Zealand

Submitted: 2009-12-11 | ID: 39001

David Murphy, London

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 2009

A great car with loads of space, great to drive and great fun.

Submitted: 2009-12-03 | ID: 38996

Derek Pimblett, Lancashire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 multijet diesel 2008

I bought it from new and it has got to be the worst decision I have made. There have been numerous problems with condensation, suspension , glove box and seat belt. At the moment I am considering taking it to another dealership because I am starting to have problems with condensation and a knocking noise at the rear. The condensation becomes an even bigger problem when the frost comes because it ices up on the inside of the windows. Therefore I need to scrape off the ice then wipe down the inside. For my troubles Fiat awarded me a £50 voucher (how big of them)Needless to say I will not be buying another Fiat ever again.

Hi, I’ve just phoned up Fiat because I’ve just started having very bad condensation inside my car. They tried to say that this was normal, but I’ve insisted it’s not as the car is only 3 months old and none of the other cars on the road seem to be as bad as mine in the mornings. Did they ever get to the bottom of the problem with your car?. I have had a look at other forums and a lot of them are saying that if you have the air flow set to recirculation, this can be the cause of it. Mine is always set on that, so i’m going to give it a try - Patricia Hunt from England

You should NEVER have the heater set to ’recirculation’ - except perhaps if stuck in heavy traffic, to keep exhaust fumes out! It must always be on ’fresh air’. Try it - there will be no condensation, after your car dries out of course - Roy Allingham from Lanarkshire

My brand new Fiat 500 also has an extreme condensation problem, and I have also had to scrape solid ice from inside of windows. Glyn Hopkin had the car for 3 weeks and could not "recreate the problem". I had the car back for one day and took photographs of the problem! including condensation in rear lights. They just don’t want to know and do not return my calls, it’s been a nightmare and I wish I had NEVER bought the car. If you have an old reliable car my advice would be to hang on to it - Hayley Duncan from England

Submitted: 2009-12-03 | ID: 38997

James Goodall, Buckinghamshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Mutijet Sporting 2008

The best car i’ve had! So far had no problems during my 11000 miles of use. In my view the best looking car of its size and great value at £10400 for the 1.9 diesel Sporting, which has high spec and a super engine thats very fast and does 45mpg.

Submitted: 2009-11-30 | ID: 38995

Pam Brooks, Devon

Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 M Jet Active Aircon 2008

I drove expensive German cars for over fifteen years but after having warranty issues with one of the big names I thought enough is enough. I had hired Fiats on holiday and liked them. I love my Grande Punto, is a capable economical and a well thought out drivers car. It’s not perfect but what is? I have paid more than twice as much for a car and it wasn’t perfect either. I paid extra for leather steering wheel and gear knob and through the lanes of Devon its performance and handling is not startling but competent and satisfying. By comparison other mass produced makes are very wooden and soulless.

Submitted: 2009-10-22 | ID: 39004

Mario Eybers, England

Fiat Grande Punto 2008

I bought the Grand Punto brand new in April 2008. Early April 2009 I had to take the car back for a knocking noise in the engine. Fiat kept the car for 4 months. End of July 2009 and they called me to say the problem has been fixed and that it was the diesel quiality and the injectors had been fixed. Three days after taking the car I had to return the car again. I was without a car for for months and never did they ask if I needed transport. I approached Fiat head Office in South Africa and they gave me a courtesy car. God only knows when I will get my car back from Fiat; this is a car that I am still paying instalments on. This company sells c**p and the first thing I am going to do when I get it back is sell it and buy a more reliable brand like Toyota.

Submitted: 2009-08-10 | ID: 39003

Chris Rose, London

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 8v 2008

Bought this car as an ex demo model - only done 5500 miles and handles really well round town with city mode on power steering. On the motorway it is smooth very quiet and the engine sounds like a dream!! Lovely car, highly recommended!

Submitted: 2009-05-27 | ID: 39082

Mark Hickman, England

Fiat Grande Punto grande punto 1.4T-jet 2008

I have had 3 Grande Punto’s now as I upgraded in power each time; first with the 1.2 then the 1.4 8v and now I’ve got the 1.4 turbo. The first two were good cars but not with much power but the t-jet is a different class; it has a 0-60 time of less than most 2-litres and big cars and it is really comfy with the sports interior. I have had 135 mph out of it on the motorway and I highly recommend this car - you will not be disappointed. The only problem I have found with it is the standard of its cornering but as soon as I lowered it 20mm that problem disappeared. Now I have a straight through exhaust system, an induction kit, a turbo upgrade from mij performance, a dump valve and a remap and now it’s a beast with 233bhp and a 0-60 time of 5.7 and a top speed of 150. Trust me, this car has great power for the engine standard but now it’s uncontrollable and it only cost me an extra 3 grand to get it up to this standard. I take it to track days and pass ST’s and VXR’s... the lot - it even keeps up with Impreza’s. Don’t listen to these people with bad results there either dumb and break their cars or just cant drive. Like the one with the gearbox trouble LEARN TO USE THE CLUTCH IDIOT. And if you do buy a petrol definitely buy the t-jet.

THE GEARBOXES (5 SP) ARE C**P ON THE GRANDE PUNTOS, THEY ARE MADE OUT OF CHOCOLATE! Trust me you are lucky I know how to use a clutch having owned an Alfa 147 gta, BMW M3 and a lot of other cars. These Grande Puntos are Fiat’s worst, even the c**p they made in the early nineties were more reliable... Don’t buy a Grande Punto save your money and buy Japanese, and I own a 1.4 t jet its s**t!!! - Robert Samuels from England

Submitted: 2009-05-06 | ID: 39080

John Murray, Lanarkshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active 2007

I bought my Punto after driving around in a mobility car for months and thought it time I got my own new car. At first I fell for the sleek body on the car and the interior was really nice too. I thought small car small engine will mean cheap to run. Well, aye, it was for insurance & fuel but after 2 months the rear seatbelt mount felt apart, so I took it back to Arnold Clark and tried to explain what was up but they said I must have broke it. Very doubtful, because I was mostly in the car alone going to and from work but they said they’d fix it under warranty. The tyres are hefty expensive too at £45 each. I had replaced all 4 tyres within 8 months of getting the car. Now I have had the car for just over 18 months and it needs new brake pads and discs according to Arnold Clark, aye, I think I might need new pads but I heard brake discs normally last years not months. My really cheap car now sits on my driveway until I can be bothered to get it fixed, its not all about the money, if I fix it this time then next week it will be something completely different. The Fiat Grande Punto is a load of s***!!!!!

Submitted: 2009-04-15 | ID: 39078

Richard, Warwickshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active 2007

I brought this car 3 months ago A great price at £5000 with only 7800 miles on the clock. I’m very happy, I use it every day to go to work its very comfortable for the 60miles round trip. A great looking car. The only problem is the road noise it is a little louder than other cars i have driven. But it is spacious fun cheap to insure and run. The garage I got it from has excellent customer care (research garage Nuneaton) and they did drop the price of this car by nearly £1000. Definitely worth doing a bit of market research seeing what you can get for your money and play them of against each other! Would I buy another? Without a doubt YES!

Submitted: 2009-04-02 | ID: 39079

Christopher Gourdie, Scotland

Fiat Grande Punto 2008

I bought the new Punto in June 2008 and I have to say it is a vast improvement on its previous models. Arnold Clark did a wonderful deal on the list price saving me a few grand plus trading my old Punto in - saved a few bucks too. The overall look of the car is quite stunning, nice curves great looking body kit, 17 inch alloys with low profile tyres and a fake but nice looking chrome tail pipe on the sporting model. You can also get a fully retractable sunroof on selected models and I do like the voice controls for your phone and iPod. The interior is very well made too. Sporty seat upholstery, racing seats, racing steering wheel etc. Down sides are not the greatest car at cornering but when your on the motor way this car can really shift even though I only have the 1.4 petrol engine in it. But stick an induction kit and a sports exhaust system on it and your laughing. Also I was rather disappointed that there is no spare wheel in the boot but instead they have given you a tyre filler pump gadget thingy. To be honest I have used these things in the past and I have to say they 9 times out of ten it doesn’t do what it says on the tin . They are MOT approved but I’d feel much safer having a spare wheel for the inevitable blow out instead of a tyre seal kit. I’m not sure how much they cost to replace once you’ve used them so look into it but imagine its cheaper that buying a new spare wheel but I’d still prefer to have one none the less. On the whole this is a great wee sports car but do go for the sporting model as supposed to the bog standard version, a lot more fun and you get a lot of kit for your money. But bare in mind, tyres ain’t cheap for this puppy so don’t go burning them out too quickly.

Submitted: 2009-03-02 | ID: 39077

Joe Namath, England

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 active 2007

I have owned this car for 14 months, bought it new, I think it's a nice car, let down by niggles. All under warranty, I have had problems with, petrol cap lock, electric windows and heater. Shame because other than these flimsy items, it's a nice, enjoyable and likeable car. Cheap to buy and insure, good on petrol. It wouldn't stop me buying another Fiat, possibly because the competition is so dull. There really is nothing out there that interests me in this category. I am not yet a zombie, so ineligible for Vauxhall ownership.

Submitted: 2009-02-04 | ID: 39076

Jason Garbutt, Sussex

Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Multijet Sporting 3 door 2007 2007

As a driving instructor I cover a fair few miles, well over 30000 now and this car has been pretty reliable - I’ve had a couple of minor faults rectified but nothing drastic, and for the price you can’t really argue! And the dealer has been really helpful. This one has a lovely engine, with bags of torque making it fun to drive, yet still returns 40+ mpg. Lots of kit, and comfy seats make it a pleasant place to spend time - the bluetooth car kit works well and is simple to use, the usb music player is brilliant and sounds great. It’s a great looking car and my pupils seem to love driving it - what more do you want?

Submitted: 2008-12-19 | ID: 39057

Mark Jones, Flintshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 sport 3door 2007

I was offered drive away in an hour with free insurance and a years road tax from dealer Stoneacre in Liverpool. I couldn’t resist - it was my first ever brand new car. After a day I realised why they offered such a great sounding package - the car is a pile of poo. Gutless to the extreme - boring to drive. Anyone with size 8 or bigger feet has to take their left shoe off because no space on footrest. After one day there is a clunk from transmission on pulling away and gear changing (dealer said changed engine and gearbox mounts) never cured fault. After 2 weeks drivers door handle broke (replaced). 3 months all dash warning lights came on then went off on my way to dealers (they said I was imagining it). NEVER EVER AGAIN CIAO FIAT. I got rid at 12 months old and bought a second hand Honda Accord - a proper car!!

You should test drive next time before you buy - from Lancashire

Submitted: 2008-11-17 | ID: 39058

Mark Jones, Flintshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 sport 3 door 2007

I fell in love with the looks of the car and thought it would be great to have a Fiat again after owning them in the 70s-80s. Also I foolishly believed the top gear magazine road test which made great claims about the gutsy performance. The reality is that the 1.4 8 valve engine is totally inadequate to give anything like performance of any kind. Quality is also poor e.g. door handle broke after 1 month; knock from flywheel area from new (never got sorted dealer didn’t give a b****r) all warning lights come on for no reason then went off next day on their own (dealer thought I was lying). I got rid of it after 1 year and bought an 8 year old Honda for 1500 quid from an auction which I still own (now that’s a proper car). No, all in all the Grande Punto was the 1st brand new car I have ever bought and the last. It was a disappointment to say the least.

Submitted: 2008-11-17 | ID: 39060

Dave Bell, Durham

Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 diesel 4 door 2007

Owning this vehicle is fun, the 1.9 diesel is a very good engine and more so in such a light and small car, it does sometimes deliver more power than the front wheels can hold but that adds to the excitement. All in all it is a very good car for the price, albeit a little small inside, the trim is fair and the ride is not too uncomfortable on long motorway journeys. To be honest it brings back my go-karting days and the smile that went with that, it still gives me a thrill when I floor it. It is such a shame that they discontinued the 4 door model in favour of targeting the sports market (young drivers) this model is only a few BHP behind the sports version and in my mind a far superior car and cheaper and just as fast, if you can find one buy it, it will save money on insurance, after all this one is a family car.

Submitted: 2008-09-23 | ID: 39061

Phil Marriott, England

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 T-Jet 2008

A total peace of crap, 3 months old and in the garage for the 5th time. Had to have new wiper switches, washer motors, clutch and brake cylinders, frost calliper leaked, now total electirical failing, ABS , EBD, ASR and power steering failed. Then car imobilizer failed and locked car down I was stuck in town for 2 hours waiting for RAC, car still in garage they still have no idea what is wrong with it, I remain driving a rental Vauxhall Astra, its much better than the punto.

Submitted: 2008-07-08 | ID: 39063

Owen Wright, London

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 2006

I don’t regret buying the Grande Punto but part of me feels that I could have done better for the money. If I had the decision to make again I may opt for the Vauxhall Corsa or the VW Golf. It managed to pick one up new for a pretty good price and I have to admit that I was impressed with the style and interior design. The downside for me was the lack of space for passengers, poor suspension and the lack of engine power.

Submitted: 2008-04-28 | ID: 39062

Jeremey, Surrey

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 TJet 120 Sporting (3DR) 2007

Brilliant car. Well designed and amazing to drive. The power that is put out of such a small (but turbocharged) engine is flawless. Spec says you can reach 60mph in 8.9 however I think this time could be slashed in reality. The blue&me is very simple to use and is quite a nice addition to have your phones phonebook listed where your mileage is. Voice commands are very simple. You just click the "windows" button on the steering wheel and say "Help" and it tells you the available commands for that option level. Got mine for £10000 brand new and I love it! 5*****

Submitted: 2008-01-29 | ID: 39064

David Smith, Yorkshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 dynamic dual logic 2006

We purchased 2 1.4 grand’s from Piccadilly in Knaresborough. This one has had its fair share of problems but the tailgate holding water fault has happened to both vehicles and gives me most concern. Our Dealer is one of the better ones though and all faults have been rectified to date. The thing about these cars is that you get a lot of car for a little money. Yes, you do seem to get niggling faults at first, I should know, we’ve had over 10 fiats but once sorted you get a great car!!!!!!

Submitted: 2008-01-25 | ID: 39065

Jed Lundie, Angus (Forfarshire)

Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Multijet Sporting 3 door 2007

Recently purchased my Punto, find it a great car to drive and very good on the fuel with it being diesel, it has the poke when u need it and is quick off the mark and also loves 6th gear on any long run, has all the extras for a good price and has many more than what classy cars have e.g. heated seats, mp3 player plug in, sexy driver etc.......

Submitted: 2008-01-21 | ID: 39068

Mr B Macklin, Northumberland

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Dynamic 2006

At first I was very satisfied with my choice and purchase of this great looking car, however if only the reliability matched this first impression. The car was recalled to fix a steering support (fair enough, these things happen). Then the dashboard came away from its fixings. That had to be replaced after the fix failed on the same day of collection. Now there is an electrical fault that tells you that the fluid temp is too high, this before you even pull away after standing overnight, again told it’s an easy fix just a software upgrade This too failed to remedy on the day of collection same old story, and now waiting for it to go in for further "investigation" COME ON FIAT WHAT’S GOING ON!! Hope this time they can actually solve something.

Submitted: 2008-01-21 | ID: 39069

Henry Dean, England

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Dynamic 2007

The Grande Punto is excellent value for money, spacious inside and gives you a nice sense of safety when at the wheel. The reason I can’t award the Grande Punto 5 starts is because the ride is a bit too hard with slightly too much road noise. It drives well as a whole though and I would definately recommend this to anybody looking for a roomy supermini.

Hi. Just got my 2007 Punto, the steering makes a knocking sound when turning the steering wheel, this only happens when parking or taking off, it doesn’t do it at high speed!! Theres only 18,000 miles on it, is this normal or is there something wrong with the steering? - Marguerite Tierney from Ireland

Submitted: 2008-01-10 | ID: 39066

Adam Little, Lancashire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Dynamic 2007

Its bloody terrible, I expected to get a half decent run about from my employer, not this bucket. I can’t wait to leave here and get a better motor.

Submitted: 2007-10-19 | ID: 39070

Keith France, Lancashire

Fiat Grande Punto 2007

We have a problem with the door handle too which is about to be fixed. has anyone a problem with the ignition lock because we have this now too As mentioned before this has also taken the excitement out of having a new as we have also had two recalls and our dealer is rubbish too extremely unhelpful.

Submitted: 2007-10-15 | ID: 39073

Adrian Hall, Shropshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2i Active 3dr 2007

We have a Fiat Punto Grande Active on our vehicle fleet! Didn’t know what to expect however I am happy to say that it has been a great work horse! Plenty of boot space, great engine, goes well for a 1.2 injection. Active Specification Includes: 2 Rear Head restraints, 3 Yr/60000 Warranty, ABS With EBD, Adjustable S/Wheel, Drivers Airbag, Drop Cloth Upholstery, Drs St Adjustable M + Side Airbags, Dual drive Power Steering, Electric Front Windows, Electric Heated Mirrors, Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Remote Central Locking, Single CD and Radio and Solid Paint. For further details on specification go to the Manufacturers Website. By far one of the best looking small hatch’s in its category. Cheap running costs and the Insurance is only a group 2, Ideal for younger drivers. You get a great car for the money, working for Acorn I can confirm Contract Hire prices range from circa 110 pounds per month and most Dealers will offer a good purchase price with or with out a part exchange!

This is a blatant advert, moderators should remove it! - Ann Oyed from England

Submitted: 2007-10-03 | ID: 39074

Walther Golding, Nottinghamshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Multijet Sporting 3d 2007

My 3 door is a small, fast car. It’s very reasonably priced with great economy. This is a hot hatchback.

Submitted: 2007-09-05 | ID: 39072

Leo Boyd, Lanarkshire

Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 16v Active Sport 3 dr 2007

Only had this car for four months and already it’s had a problem with the door handles, though this was sorted out very quickly. Lovely to drive, just hope I don’t have any more problems as this has taken the excitement out of my very first new car a bit.

Submitted: 2007-09-05 | ID: 39071

• A response has been made to Carol Smith (21/08/2014 14:07:28)
  • A response has been made to Helen (09/12/2011 11:21:33)

• Jonathan Szekely's question has been answered: "Having the same issue with water in the rear footwell. Garage is useless. Took the time to track the wet areas in the car which led me into the boot a - mark ferguson from Moray' '..." (19/08/2014 19:51:19)
  • kagiso's question has been answered: "hi! Kagiso I'm also drive punto it give problems when come to parts, u can go to imperial franchise in boksburg opposite to Eastrand mall just after - victor from South Africa' '..." (12/08/2014 21:24:31)

Fiat Grande Punto

Abarth - The legendary Scorpion motorsport badge is back and anyone that knows their motorsport will be expecting the Grande Punto Abarth to be a car that really excites. Let’s get this straight from the off, this is not a Fiat, it is an Abarth. The Italian maker claims it wants the Abarth name to stay separ [...]

An image of the Fiat Grande Punto Abarth