Dodge

23 July 2014

Dodge Caliber consumer car reviews and road tests

Dodge Caliber

Dodge Caliber consumer reviews by year of make:2003 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011

Dodge Caliber consumer car reviews

Johan Svensson, Sweden

Dodge Caliber SXT 2007

First of all I just love my Caliber, since the day I first saw it. I haven’t been treating it very good though. The only things I have cared to do on it is to change the oil, oilfilter, spark plugs and airfilter. The only problems I have had with my car is: It started to get water in the drivers door as dirt had entered and plugged the drainhole. Easy fix. I also needed to change the control line on the right side; totally understanderble as I do drive some harsh forest-roads. Otherwise the car has performed wonderfully. The reason I could only give it 4 stars is due to poor torque, I don’t feel that it’s the most fuel efficient and not very good visability through the rear-window. However, for the money you pay you get a lot of car!

Submitted: 2012-06-21 | ID: 38560

Daz, Nottinghamshire

Dodge Caliber 2008

I bought this car from a dealer in Notts and I must say I am very pleased with the car. It is good value for money, the car drives, has good fuel consumption and performs well.

Submitted: 2012-05-10 | ID: 38559

Darren Dommett, Lincolnshire

Dodge Caliber sxt cv 2008

A brillant car. We’ve had it for 2 weeks and love it, can’t beat it. My wife and family love it. I would easily buy another Dodge in the future.

Submitted: 2011-09-28 | ID: 38561

Stephen Roxter, County Antrim

Dodge Caliber sxt cdi 2007

Bought new for £15,500. After one year the clutch pedal was sticking so took it to the dealer who said they couldn’t find a problem. I took it back two weeks later and  they then said they knew what the problem was and replaced a component. Three years on the passenger floor well filled up with an inch of water. I took it to the dealer who said it was due to the factory putting too much foam insulation in to car, which was blocking internal drain shoots and that’s why the rain was coming into the car. They fixed the problem only to return eight weeks later to fix it again. I had yet more problems; I took the car to the local garage and they showed me that the right hand wheel was going to come off due to a large strut /bracket broken. For the required part Dodge quoted £260. I got one from a car breakers for £60.00. When I went to collect the car they had also found the radiator was leaking and a steering rod needed replacing. In the end I got rid of the car after 55 thousand miles, I got a bad trade-in deal, but was just glad to get rid of it. My Dodge was a heap of junk. I wouldn’t buy another one. This is an honest report beware buyer!

Submitted: 2011-07-28 | ID: 38562

Kent Anders, Sweden

Dodge Caliber Sxt 2011

I wait for the moment to drive this everyday cause it’s a great feeling to sit behind the wheel and drive this great car.

Submitted: 2011-06-07 | ID: 38554

Kent Andersson, Sweden

Dodge Caliber sxt 2010

I bought this a month ago and we, I mean me and my family, love the car. Everything is very comfortable and great, the auto cruise control, the heated mirror, safety, everything is great, but I wish Dodge could make the feeling of driving, by this I mean the feel of steering between the driver and the road, much better because sometimes you feel the car is lost. Only because of this have I reduced its evaluation by one star. I love my Caliber. Thanks.

Submitted: 2011-06-05 | ID: 38555

Paul Smith, Essex

Dodge Caliber 2.0l SXT Auto 2011

We looked at the Calibers, looked again, and came to the conclusion, that you couldn’t get as much car for the same money anywere else,(do you realy want a Focus?) It’s one of those cars you either love or hate its looks. People stop me and ask ...."WHAT IS IT??" Followed by "ohh".. didn’t know they were about? It’s got a semi auto gearbox, comfortable, good ride, good load height, electric mirrors, best car stereo (Boston) I have ever heard all 438 watts of it, easy to drive, brilliant dipping rear mirror, tyre pressure monitors, fridge, loads of stuff.... even the Mrs loves it. So whats the down side? Simple really Chrysyler Dodge Jeep, have stopped importing them into the UK, as a result dealers have dried up and parts and servicing have become a bit expensive. Bit heavy on petrol and in the Good ol’ US of A and they have revamped the interior and brought things up to date and added new colours. Have a look, they’re very nice. I would buy another one, if they were about, and the really bad part? Fiat have bought CDJ, so thats not going to help things..

Submitted: 2011-03-13 | ID: 38553

Richard Romanus, Hampshire

Dodge Caliber CRD SE 2003

I brought my Doge Caliber in September 2010 for £4,775 and to me it was worth every penny. Since I’ve had the car the only thing I’ve had to have done was a new Starter Motor, which was done under guarantee, and when you think the has done over 70,000 miles I can’t complain. And as far as Performance goes I can not knock it on long runs I am getting an average of 45 miles to the gallon, and around town 35.5 miles, which for the weight of the car is very good. When I want to put my foot down to pass other cars I have no problem with the response of the engine. To me it’s a car that wants to be driven and my wife and I have said what a nice comfortable ride it is. I can also get the three Grandchildren the back comfortably. The only niggle is I think the Engine could be a bit quieter, but that I can live with. So all in all I am very happy with the car and would buy a newer one if finance would allow.

I’m thinking of getting a Dodge Caliber. Does anyone have any comments to make on how they handle the winter conditions (snow)? I currently have a rear wheel drive car and its shameful!!! - Marcus Torta from England

Submitted: 2010-12-18 | ID: 38557

Vern Peterson, New Zealand

Dodge Caliber 2.0 Diesel Manual 2008

Bought this car brand new. Has done everything right from day one. Excellent visability, ride, torque, and fuel economy. (Down to 6.4L/100K’s) cruising at 100k’s on open road. Too many options to mention. Real head turner in silver sitting on 18’’ factory mags. Would recommend as offers value for money.

Submitted: 2010-07-23 | ID: 38556

Spike Hughes, Fife and Kinross Shires

Dodge Caliber sxt crd 2009

I have always liked this car until I bought one, now I love them. Around town my wife and I get 39mpg and on the Motorway 45 to 46 mpg. I have had this car for 9 months now and would not change it for the world. I have discoverd that if you turn the esp off at the lights you can power away a bit quicker, handy at busy junctions to join the traffic. We both like the fact that unlike European cars that all look the same i.e. VW Scirroco and the new Renault Megane, this one is very different and always turns heads and gets a second look. At work I have caught people giving it an admiring glance. Would definately buy another one.

Submitted: 2010-07-04 | ID: 38552

Nic, England

Dodge Caliber SXT CVT 2L 2008

This is my second Caliber for which I paid £7995. It has 20,000 on the clock now and the car is still going strong. BUT I must be the unluckiest person in the world, when it comes to the Caliber I have had countless issues with my second one. Although I am very glad to say it is under warranty (thank god). In no particular order: week after I bought it I noticed "vibrations" coming from dashboard above radio. I took it to the dealers and discovered that the engine mounts were worn? SHOCK... this was caused at the factory so they fixed that.. . the car came back and went like a rocket... loads of power! Next, the fuel light would stay on AFTER I had filled up... into the dealers it went, one software flash later... fixed... no problems now. Next, the controls on the steering wheel broke... into dealers again ... fixed... also issues with brake noise at very low speed ... I went into the dealers AGAIN! They discovered that the chassis had problems so I think my car triggered a recall for this ... anyway it’s fixed ... and here I sit broken hearted and just praying NOTHING else crops up ... I love my Caliber; I have a read out of approx 37.8MPG around town (NO LIE!). I use REDEX fuel injector cleaner all the time, and it makes such a difference. All in all I do NOT want to change my car. I could not drive any other car. I have owned Neon’s, Voyagers, PT Cruisers and now the Caliber. I am however looking at the option of changing to a DODGE MAGNUM: ie a Chrysler 300c ... maybe ... I have no complaints with the Dodge/Chrysler/Jepp brands as I resided in North America for many years and am familiar with the brand. I don’t want the same car as everyone else so for now the Caliber shall stay. For equipment, fuel economy and everyday use the Caliber is certainly more than enough. It had plenty of pull for overtaking, which is never an issue. I’m sure my Caliber will last a long time, fingers crossed.

Submitted: 2010-05-24 | ID: 38551

Matt Nutt, Pembrokeshire

Dodge Caliber 2008

I have this car on lease for two years. It is very smooth on the motorway and has a very comfortable driving position. The engine lacks pull; certainly for a two litre and the auto change can be unpredictable when pushed. Otherwise a competent car that really is great value for money.

Submitted: 2008-11-27 | ID: 38566

Michael Beech, Lincolnshire

Dodge Caliber 2006

What a slug! A Lada would see it off. Fuel consumption poor, I’ve never yet achieved 30mpg. I’ve had to convert to LPG to be able to afford to run it. If this is the best America can produce then my advice to them is not to bother. Ps - I forgot to mention the noise.

Submitted: 2008-08-13 | ID: 38565

Peter, England

Dodge Caliber 2.0 sxt auto 2007

I’ve just bought my wife this car from a dealer in Bury (absolutely fantastic service), I can’t believe what value for money you get in this model, leather, auto, heated seats.... the list goes on and on, so smooth to drive and brilliant driving height, could not recommend this vehicle enough. I am so impressed looking at either the Nitro or new Journey for myself.

Submitted: 2008-07-11 | ID: 38567

Geoff Hall, Lancashire

Dodge Caliber sxt cvt 2008

Having owned a 2001 Chrysler Neon auto for 6 years, and needing another car...a 2008 Caliber SXT CVT (Auto) fitted the bill for interior quality..... leather, heated seats,cruise control, etc...etc. The engine performs even better than the Neon, and is much quieter I cannot fault the Caliber at all.........oh yes.....they omitted the drivers left foot rest on the auto! Excellent value for money.....and more room than a Ford or Vauxhall!

Submitted: 2008-03-14 | ID: 38564

Mark Jones, Huntingdonshire

Dodge Caliber 2.0 CRD 2007

If you want something "different" then this car is a good value, spacious family hatchback that does offer value for money.

Submitted: 2007-10-26 | ID: 38563