Citroen C4 Picasso consumer car reviews and road tests

Citroen C4 Picasso consumer reviews by year of make:2007 2008 2009 2010 2012

Citroen C4 Picasso consumer car reviews

Rory Hoban, Ireland

Citroen C4 Picasso 2008

My C4 was bought in April 2008. It broke down in June 2008 and 3 times every year since. Under warranty it went back to the dealer’s garage but they cannot fix, so it costs a lot to fix. Citroen will not recall it as they say this car is the only one the world with the problem. My C4 does not like the heat, when the temperature reading in the car says 28 degrees or over, the motherboard trips out. First, the power steering fails, followed by front lights flashing, then the wipers start working. When you stop the car the auto parking break locks and the car will not drive. So when you take the keys out of the ignition the engine remains running. Citroen Europe’s first advice was to get out of the car quickly as the doors and windows may lock. The cheapest way I discovered to resolve this problem is to open all doors, boot door and bonnet. After about 1 hour the motherboard cools down and resets itself and there is no problem, car restarts and park over night. Hoping for rain or snow in the middle of summer. We now call our summer breakdown season. Think twice about Citroen unless you have a spare bank account!

Submitted: 2014-03-28 | ID: 93542

Patrick Carroll, Gloucestershire

Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V 110hp SX 2007

Where do I start? From the word go on picking the vehicle up from Thompson First in Stroud and driving off and finding no tax disc in the car to a fusebox fire before Xmas 2013 - it’s not been plain sailing owning this car. We bought the car around 2009 ex Citroen UK for around £11300. In all fairness, it was bought because it was a great drive, lovely design and reasonable price. We drove to France a couple of times and, to be fair, it was faultless for school runs etc. That is until the first major issue occurred with the Turbo. Complete failure! Quoted over £2700 by the main dealer, quoted again by authorised repairer £2100 and finally quoted £800 by an independent, but a very switched on guy. Not surprisingly we went with the later. All was well until my other half rang me at work last November to say smoke was pouring out of the car and she had called the fire brigade. The car was parked on the driveway and just spontaneously combusted! When the fire brigade attended, under 8 minutes, they also mentioned that "Oh yes we’ve put out loads of these!" Really fills you with confidence! Citroen UK were contacted and I was requested to get it down to Warners Citroen Gloucester as they were the only dealership that had a specialist technician. Subsequently after nearly 7 weeks Citroen’s engineer decided that the fusebox fire was caused by a faulty relay and therefore wouldn’t be covered by any recall or goodwill! It is simply unbelievable that after just 6-7 years of use with a vehicle that has barely covered 70000 miles that it’s effectively scrap. Customer Service at Citroen effectively stopped all communications and passed the buck back to the dealer. Where are we left? Out of pocket and never to be a Citroen customer again. If it’s the last thing I do, I will make it my aim to lose Citroen a sale every week of every year preventing anyone else making the same mistake as to buy into this Manufacturer. Sure they make good looking cars, but like your mother told you many times over, never judge a book by its cover! The build quality sucks and the customer service non existent. Acceptance of fault doesn’t exist. Some people are unlucky I accept, but this fault is dangerous and Citroen are just burying their heads. If you have had a similar situation, click on this link to my blog and let me now - http://c4picassomeltdown.wordpress.com/

Submitted: 2014-01-22 | ID: 37859

Anthony Flynn, Lincolnshire

Citroen C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6 e-HDI Airdream EGS 2012

I was a little nervous about buying a Citroen Auto (EGS) as I’ve seen a few negative reports. But I was unable to resist the HUGE discount offered on a 3 month old demonstrator with 552 miles ...almost £8000.00 and still has 3 year warranty etc. We’ve done over 1000 miles so far and I’ve got to admit it is most impressive. The stop/start technology works faultlessly (that’s why you get 55 mpg average from an automatic) and everything seems well nailed together. It’s very comfortable seating 7 (well last 2 seats really only suitable for kids) and when used as a 5 seater has acres of room. In view of the negative reports I’ll probably invest in extending the warranty (I believe around £300 for an extra year)’just in case’ but so far so good.

Submitted: 2012-10-15 | ID: 37855

Mike Evans, England

Citroen C4 Picasso Exlusive 1.6d EGS 2008

I bought the car in Feb this year with 51000 on the clock. A nice car to drive; comfortable, economical, fourty or so to the gallon locally probably better on a long run. The ride is a little harsh due I think to the rated tyre pressure of over 34 psi. The EGS can be a little notchy, but OK if you ease off the pedal a bit when you know it’s about to change up. It also has more little extras than you would imagine. One thing that annoys me, however, is that you can only listen to the radio for a few minutes when stationary before the car goes into economy mode and switches it off . All was going well until this week when I lost a lot of power, also a warning light "Depolution system faulty". The car is now at the garage having the "turbo impellor" replaced. A nine hour job I’m told. Fortunately I got a twelve month warranty when I bought the car, I just hope I don’t have any of the other many faults that people have written about. Don’t know how other owners feel, but I always release the auto handbrake by hand as I really hate the feel when the car is trying to move with the handbrake still on.

Submitted: 2011-11-18 | ID: 37856

Steve Smart, England

Citroen C4 Picasso 2008

I’ve had problems with the front seat jamming. Citroen have said it needs new runners at a cost of £500+. What a complete nightmare!

Submitted: 2011-11-07 | ID: 37857

Andrew Hughes, England

Citroen C4 Picasso 7 Seater 2008

I’ve had no problems whatsoever with the car over last 3 years. I really do like it!!!

Submitted: 2011-10-17 | ID: 37858

Rob Foster, Sussex

Citroen C4 Picasso VTR+ 2008

Had the old Xsara Picasso so, in 2008 decided to change to this one. I do loads of miles and it’s really comfortable, 47mpg average and over 50 on the motorway. Also bags of low down torque. Downside is the quality, loads of little faults: Fuse box shorting intermittently, cutting the engine. Finish coming off the drivers door handle, sun visors constantly sliding back, really poor reception on the stereo, key stopped working i.e. not unlocking the doors, rear brakes binding and being stripped twice to fix this. I could go on but my biggest complaint is the rubbish paintwork. Tiny scratches appear from nowhere no matter how careful I am, not something that was a problem on the old car. I’ve done 33000 miles and am ending my lease early I’m so fed up with it. Would I buy one again? Obviously no. Would I recommend one to you? Yes, it’s a good car that I’ve fallen out of love with, but just check that all those little buttons etc., work before you buy one.

Submitted: 2011-06-22 | ID: 37854

Sally Bonnell, England

Citroen C4 Picasso Grand 1.6 HDI 2007

Since buying the Grand Picasso 1.6 HDI we have had the following problems: Loads of lights blowing and some after only a few months. The fuses for the windscreen wipers always blow when the temp dips just a fraction towards -1. Tyres I have lost count of, and this is not with much mileage.(on 4th full change) Now, the Turbo has gone and we are 200 miles out side of the 60.000 warranty. I wait to see what Citroen will do, as its being towed to the garage Monday morning. Personally, although its a spacious car, so much goes wrong that mounts up, and Citroen don’t care. I seriously wonder if they have made all parts with built in obsolescence after only 3 year and a day or 60,001 mile!! Citroen really need to improve customer care, support and realise too much is going wrong too soon.

Submitted: 2011-06-13 | ID: 37851

Dave, England

Citroen C4 Picasso vtr+ 1.6hdi 2008

I bought a used C4 Picasso, very cheap because it had done 90k hard miles. It has the 6 speed auto/manual box with paddle shifts, which is a delightful box of tricks. The car is an absolute joy to drive, we have even taken to "going out for a drive", once again even with diesel now at well over £6 per gallon. I cannot fault it, it’s far better than I could have dared hope or expect. The suspension needed a minor fix (anti roll bar links), now it drives like new again. The little diesel lump willingly pulls its heart out yet still returns 50-60 mpg. It tows our caravan with hardly any effort at all. Anyone considering buying a used or a new C4 Picasso should stop thinking and buy it!

Submitted: 2011-06-13 | ID: 37850

Ron Wood, Essex

Citroen C4 Picasso c4 grand piccasso 2008

I bought this car in wicked red, looks great, egs semi auto box, bit different, but easy to get used to, good fuel economy(diesel) Jan 2008 24000 miles. Ex mobility car. Good to drive, smooth ride loads of space, seats fold easy. When closing the bonnet don’t push down on it, it dents easily.... look for wear on rt. side drivers seat. Consider having parking sensors fitted, (the "privlige " model has sensors.) Massive windscreen; make sure you have windscreen cover, it’s over £600 for new one. No probs yet... I really like the car.

Submitted: 2011-05-11 | ID: 37853

Dan Saunders, Essex

Citroen C4 Picasso Grand 4 Picasso 1.8 petrol 2009

After a year and a half of using my Citroen, I recently had a major shock. Citroen have decided to delete my VIN number, claiming my car had been in a flood at their factory (a fact that several mechanics have dismissed as fantasy). Now I have to scrap my car. Thanks Citroen. If you are thinking of buying a second hand Citroen , hope that they don’t do this to you too. Or better yet, buy something else instead.

Submitted: 2011-05-11 | ID: 37852

Max Farreira, England

Citroen C4 Picasso exclusive hdi 2010

Amazing family car, no problems yet touch wood, but it is an exclusive hdi smooth comfortable and amazing visability. How can I put this? An amazing car, brilliant!

Submitted: 2011-03-28 | ID: 37848

Paul Loose, Essex

Citroen C4 Picasso vtr 2009

This Citroen is a complete waste of time. Now in the garage for the 5th time; oil leak, turbo failure, egr problem, faulty electrics etc. All they do is replace oil and faulty items. I even have my own seat in the service desk now, it says reserved for C4 drivers. If you spend your hard earned money on one at least your get free tea and coffee once a month! I wish I could set light to it, took it to another small garage and they told me PEUGEOT/CITROEN are the same, one big joke, only in business to keep the motor trade busy.

Submitted: 2011-03-13 | ID: 37849

Michael Bates, Northamptonshire

Citroen C4 Picasso VTR1 1.6 DIESEL 7 seater 2008

Chose this as our Motability vehicle. Very roomy, very nice to drive and comfortable. HOWEVER after only 18000 miles we have had 3 problems. The cooling fan bolts sheared leaving the fan spinning against the engine, sounding like a tractor! The engine management system developed a fault leading to the engine dying on on the motorway.Had I been on the outside lane we could have been killed and caused a very serious accident.The RAC after attending ,could not guarantee it would not happen again,so I refused to drive it. After having maintenance, it happened again. Citroen in France finally admitted that they had had this problem before, and my local dealer has now resolved the problem. Some weeks ago the gear change became very notchy and loose, eventually we were unable to change gear! Once again back to the dealer, problem sorted! However, as I write this the problem has returned and so back to the dealer yet again. We are contacting Motability to ask if we can return the car for something more reliable. We will not lease Citroen again!!!

Further to my earlier comments. The C4 has had the gear selector cables replaced. The dealer’s only comment was that this was due to "excessive use". Sorry, 18000 miles is excessive? We are awaiting our new Ford Focus - Michael Bates from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 2010-11-16 | ID: 37846

Geof Clarke, Lincolnshire

Citroen C4 Picasso 2009

I was travelling southbound on the A1 to London, in the outside lane, overtaking a stream of vehicles, when the engine power died. Luck was on my side as there was a gap in traffic and I had sufficient momentum to roll to the side and just get on the verge (no hardshoulder - not motorway). I was not prepared to try to start the engine again being in such a dangerous location. I therefore arranged with Green Flag to take the car, on a flat bed truck because of the potential problem with the electronic handbrake, to Lincoln main dealer. They could not find any fault and suggeted I drove home to see if it happened again. Needless to say it happened again within 400 yards. The garage attended again, again not being able to find a problem. I left it with them as I was not not prepared to drive and I will not accept it back without their assurance that they found a fault and have resolved it. Other than this massive problem it is a great car. Great pity.

Further to my earlier comments, the main dealer found the problem, replaced the part and I collected the car this Morning. All seems OK - Geof Clarke from Lincolnshire

Geoff, would you please be more than a gent and explain what they fixed. Mine has been doing it and has been into the garage 10+ times for this and that, different excuses all the time... Many thanks, - Mark Harbinson from Stirlingshire

If you read my report you’ll note that the engine cutting out seems to be the same problem as yours! As far as I can make out the dealer replaced the fuse box. This did sort the problem! However we have now replaced the car with a Focus C Max because we could not rely on the Citreon. Good Luck with yours!! - Mike Bates from Northamptonshire

Hi Geoff, mine had the same sort of problem and as I lost power. As if the engine was flooded I also had to call the AA as it took him over an hour and a half he taken it to the nearest garage and two days later turned out to be the return exhaust emissions valve which cost me £445 nightmare. As I was told this fault will shut the engine down to protect it from further damage - Adrian Lockley from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 2010-08-13 | ID: 37841

Gerry Barker, Hertfordshire

Citroen C4 Picasso Grand 2.0HDI egs exclusive 2007

Bought second hand from Citroen main dealer. Car was only 2 years old and was loaded with every extra. A few niggly problems at first i.e. boot not opening, sunroof not opening, gearbox software upgrades and a suspension ball joint replaced under warranty. Overall a very comfortable car but MPG no better than 35 mpg mixed driving and 43 mpg motorway. After having the ball joint replaced we noticed a sort of rubbing/scrapping noise from f/n/s wheel. Dealer said just brake noise and will bed down. 4 months outside warranty it turns out that this noise was in fact a bearing failing in the gearbox. This then failed totally wrecking the gearbox. Cost of repair £5000! Argued with Citroen uk who think it is resonable for a gearbox to last just over three years. They have finally said they would contribute to repairs but still asking me to pay £2600. Since found out previous owner had constant problems with the gearbox and clutch assembly and had two replacements to clutch and flywheel but still had problems. Asked the Citroen dealer for a PX which they refused because they knew of the problems with the vehicle!! No mention of repairs were given to us at time of purchase and also no mention on service history. We was also told by the dealer initially that there was no electronic history on the car apart from the jobs we h have had done after buying the car. When this was relayed to Citroen with us telling them that we had spoken to the previous owner all of a sudden the history was there but we were told by the new aftersales manager at the dealership that they would never divulge this info to a customer. After legal advice we have now lodged a complaint with the finance company as legally they own the car. Last letter from dealer was if we do not accept to pay £2600 to repair vehicle within the next ten days we will have to pay the full £5000. Great service for a loyal Citroen customer of 25 years.

I am having the same problem with the boot not releasing on my Grand Picasso. Did you manage to get yours done under warranty? I have also had to change the fuse for the windscreen wash twice and have now put a bigger fuse in. I reckon the clutch is going as well, as it judders when setting off - Dave Clarke from Yorkshire

Submitted: 2010-07-03 | ID: 37823

Happy Mac, Ireland

Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi 2007

I bought one of the first twelve HDi models into the country in January 2007. Since then the horn has been replaced, brakes are constantly screeching no matter which type is put on, rear door handle has broken, front lights are constantly blowing (every six to eight weeks one goes) and after only 58,000 km the clutch just gave up last week. This is on top of the four re-calls we have had the car back for. Great car for a big family, just a pity they can’t make a decent one!

I agree - love the design but in two years, in a brand new 5 seater C4 Picasso, we’ve had 4 new tyres, front and back breaks, a timing belt (!!!), numerous bulbs on front and back lights, and now they are saying a turbo is needed... Isn’t that the whole engine or something? Anyone else have this much trouble? Dealer says it’s out of warranty by a week and Citroen UK, who are over in Ireland, say they are not going to cover the turbo! Unreal! - Sinead Quinn from Ireland

Thank god. Thought it was just my car that there were problems with. I bought a C4 Picasso brand new in Feb 2008. After three weeks, we were driving on a country road when a dog ran out in front of us and my husband braked. My 10 month old son was strapped into his car seat but the seat belt failed and his seat nearly went through the windscreen. After numerous tests, we were told there was nothing wrong and they installed an isofix seat for us. I had lost all confidence in the car since this incident. In May 2010, we were in an accident where somebody went to overtake us as we were turning right off a main road. There was a lot of damage done to the car (wishbone, front wheels, driver’s door etc). This was fixed and we were told that the car was roadworthy. Since then, we have had numerous problems from nosies when turning the wheels to the microchip in the boot going (thus the boot won’t open). We have been told by our mechanic that this is a fault in these cars but Citroen won’t hear a word of it. Won’t be recommending this car or Citroen to anyone and will be getting rid of it as soon as I can afford another car - Eva Morris from Ireland

Submitted: 2010-06-08 | ID: 37820

Jason Bibby, England

Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 hdi vtr+ 2010

I got this C4 Picasso 1.6 hdi vtr+ in January 2010, brand new, 13 weeks ago on mobility. A fantastic car on fuel and a good car to drive, getting 58 mpg, but now for the bad news. After 661 miles the gearbox started playing up, I took it to the Citroen dealer at Derby. It had to have 3rd and 4th gear synchro and it has been stripped and fixed. I have done now 1118 miles and guess what? It’s broken down again and the gearbox has to be stripped again to have exactly the same fault repaired again. 3rd and 4th sync to be replaced again under Citroen’s warranty. It’s still in the garage to date as 30th April. Out of the 13 weeks of owning this 59 plate C4 Picasso it’s been upto now altogether 4weeks in the Citroen dearlership, Bristol Street Motors. My advice is don’t buy a Citroen. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

Got my c4 picasso sept 08 to use as a taxi. Car’s been in Arnold Clark 21 times for various faults. Spent £4000 plus on repairs since reaching 60000 miles. Car at present in garage 3 weeks for clutch replacement, now informed that bearing has fallen into gear box and I have to pay an extra £450 to correct prob on top of the £2000 for clutch. Must confess milage 78000miles first prob with clutch/gearbox. Apart from that great car HA HA - Ken Gibson from Renfrewshire

Submitted: 2010-05-01 | ID: 37825

John Driscoll, England

Citroen C4 Picasso Grand C4 vtr+ 2008

Bought a motability car a week ago, 16 months old, 16k on the clock. All this week we thought "great car" in terms of interior comfort and 7 seat flexibility and used it to carry multiple kids as well as help a friend move a load of bags. Then twice yesterday evening on way home the warning lights (STOP / engine failure / oil pressure etc etc) all suddenly flashed and power stopped. Had to restart car and then could continue. It happened once in the middle of a junction which was a close run thing and then 20 minutes later outside our house, if this had been fast lane of a motorway it wouldn’t have been pretty. Has anyone come across this before? Before we bought it the garage gave it a full service and it has 18 months left on warranty.

Have either your injection or fuel pump checked - Harris Ramuth from Mauritius

I have a 09 plate Citroen and I am having the exact same problems - Kishan Modha from England

Having the exact same problems with my 08 plate, it’s a motability car been in the garage to be fixed 6 times this year alone. It’s either engine oil pressure too low, gear box faulty, handbrake faulty, depolution system faulty. It judders then just cuts out, it has done it on fast lane of motorway, let me just say we were lucky we could get across to the hard shoulder! It’s going back in again this week for the same faults, even though the computer has been changed and re-programmed. We will never get a Citreon again, motability also going to get a complaint as we have the car on the scheme ’til next may and cant keep taking it in to the garage until then - Lucy Lewis from Hampshire

Our Car is 2 years old and from day one has been in and out of garage. The parking brake comes on whilst driving, headlights have blown 3 times, doors unlock by themselves, windows open but then won’t close. We have been sick of taking car into the garage only for them to say they couldn’t find a fault. In May spent 2 weeks in garage having refused to take it back, again they still couldn’t find a fault. In August middle lane of the motorway and the car just died, every light imaginable came on and my husband just about had enough room to slowly roll onto hard shoulder. They have replaced a chip for the electronic side of things, but we are still having problems. I have lost all confidence in it’s reliability and safety that I have asked Motability if we can get out of our contract. Citroen customer services is a complete joke they are prepared to let myself and motability sort it out, but they refuse to help. When I explained to Mr Hill at Citroen about what had been happening with the car he said to me "What do you want Citroen to do " and today when I explained that the car is not smooth to drive it judders and dies at roundabouts he said it was our driving that was causing the problem ! Complete joke and we will NEVER have a Citroen 4 Picasso ever again - Julie Bartlett from Shropshire

Submitted: 2010-03-02 | ID: 37830

David Redshaw, Yorkshire

Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 HDI 110 VTR+ 2009

I bought this car in September 09 and have just left it at the main dealers for the second time with the electronic parking brake problem. The first time this problem occurred it left me sat in the middle of the road with the brakes stuck on. I found out how to release them but called the main dealer who gave me the number for Citroen assistance( they gave me the wrong number by the way) and a AA patrol came to check my brakes and told me to drive it to the dealers who could not find any fault. January 2010 the service light and "parking brake faulty" light are on again. I have just left it again at main dealer but i don’t hold out much hope there. COME ON MR CITROEN get these problems sorted or I’m going back to Vauxhall!

I have owned my C4 Picasso Grand 1.6 hdi for 2 1/2 years now and I use it as a taxi. I have done 160k. First 100 thousand miles excellent then I had to have an egr valve which came up as antipoluton but the esp and automatic handbrake would not work either. eplaced the egr valve everything went of back to normal. One year on same thing happened again no auto handbrake and esp changed egr valve back to normal; you wouldn’t think those things would have been associated whith the egr valve. Now I am having injector problems. I took them out and put new seals on them apart from no4 could not get this one out for love nor money but now tonight I have had to park up, bad diesel fumes inside the car. Tomorrow I’ll have to see what needs to be done. oh and a new dozzer has to go on tomorrow aswell! It’s not been my week with this car. Can’t type any more eyes are stinging from the diesel fumes - Carl Cruse from Lancashire

I had the same problem about 1 year ago regarding faulty handbrake. I needed a new electronic handbrake which I was quoted £1200. Luckily I was still under warranty. Been fixed and had no problems until now. My car has started to squeal when I press clutch and a clunking noise coming from right hand side has started today. Going to garage tommorrow, anyone any suggestions what it could be? I thought it may be a clutch bearing for squealing when pressing clutch. Don’t know about other noise - Sharon Murphy from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2010-02-01 | ID: 37827

Pat, Nottinghamshire

Citroen C4 Picasso 2008

I was so lucky to be able to put the extra money needed for this Motabilty Car. I think it’s mainly fantastic. The easy use of the Automatic Controls on the wheel is great for someone with arthritis. The warning reversing tone and screen on the dash shows you how far you are away from something and down the rear sides also. With the added great idea of the side mirrors pointing down as you start reversing you can see both sides for safety etc. The height of the car allows easy access for me to swing my legs in/out (needed for my health problems). The Speed Limiter is great though depending if you are on level or not it can go a couple of miles over, so I always set mine 1 below.It’s a godsend on our roads now. Great Cruise Control. It is great to handle and I feel safe driving it even in the dreadful weather we are having now. BUT I have never had a car windscreeen wipers stop working in the cold as they have now, even at the beginning of the cold spell we have now. A trip to the garage will be worrying without being able to use them unless I can get them to come to me. I have put near enough neat windscreen washer in the container so it’s not that I have been at fault. I can’t hear the motor though when I switch the wipers on as I think I have panicked & pressed the washers too much so I know it’s a fuse x 2 (the back washer is separate to the front ones!!!) Not only that the Manual warns you not to get the fuse box wet, Cit’s under the bonnnet for the front wipers!!! In this weather I don’t think I will be changing them. Oh,I too had a faulty boot lock which was quickly rectified.The other thing that I must say is not good is that when I start off from a junction/or onto a roundabout though I put my foot down sometimes it doesn’t pick enough speed up from 1st-3rd gears. It’s been back to the garage twice for that but they can’t find a fault. Scary though. Oh, it eats diesel not sure if I will get diesel again. I would definately get another of these I love it.

Submitted: 2010-01-14 | ID: 37840

Damien, Devon

Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 HDI 110 VTR+ 2008

This is a great car, reliable, smooth, Economical, Safe and very Comfortable. Better than any Sharan, Alhambra, 807, Espace or Fiat Ulysse.

Submitted: 2009-11-14 | ID: 37839

Lisa Lavell, Surrey

Citroen C4 Picasso 2007

Oh my god - not how I would choose to begin an evening out with two children!!! - Our Citroen C4 Grand Picasso has caught fire this evening - why we are still waiting to find out - this was an 07 car - which we used to think drove beautifully - however last year we had to have the boot mechanism replaced - same problem has occured this week with boot not opening, warning stop light has come on - with Citroen replacing a sensor - however today the boot would not open and though no other faults were present we drove five minutes away with our children. After leaving the car my husband noticed a burning smell which within 5 minutes - well lets just say there is now no front to the car left - why - well lets see what Citroen has to say???

Hi Lisa, I really hope you get to read this as this happened to our 07 plated car this year. Wife literally drove 4 miles to the doctor and then back home, parked up and went into the house to get some water as she noticed the screen wash was empty. Came back outside to see smoke pouring from the fusebox area under the bonnet and called the fire brigade, who arrived in under 10 minutes and commended my other half for her quick reaction. This all happened on the 18th November 2013 and we’re still waiting to hear from Citroen UK although they have issued a ’safety alert’ apparently, cannot see anything on the web. I’ve now set up a blog for all fire/issue related situations with the C4 Picasso, please click on the link and follow for any updates, http://c4picassomeltdown.wordpress.com/ - Patrick Carroll from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 2009-10-20 | ID: 37837

Jackie, Hebrides

Citroen C4 Picasso 2l Exclusive Hdi 2007

Got this car via Motability. All in all the car is excellent - spacious, economical, very easy to drive with the 6 gear automatic. However - I think we must have had a "Friday afternoon" variant. It’s been into to garage 4 times now with a horrendous screeching noise from the wheels. The main boot hatch has broken, the windowscreen wipers have broken - just went completely out of sync and then stopped. The seat adjuster for passenger seat broke and now the drivers seat has jammed - maybe a stone or something on the runners (so could be our fault). Because we are under the Motability scheme only certain garages can do work and so far nobody can cure the screeching wheels - it stops when you brake, starts when you head off again - I am but a simple woman - doesn’t this sound like some sort of calliper to releasing..... I am due to renew my car in 2010 and really want exactly the same car as I love it so much but am obviously wary.

Sometimes, the noise you can hear, is from the disc, but only when they are ’after market’ (Not the genuine article) coupled with after market Pads! - Mike Kay from Warwickshire

Submitted: 2009-10-08 | ID: 37835

Malcolm Poulter, Wiltshire

Citroen C4 Picasso 2007

As previously stated I have had problems with the windscreen - in having double images at night. Like Susan Hydes I had problems getting showroom staff to see this. I eventually got hold of ’Chrissy Hughes’ at Citroen who advised this was a recognised problem but with no cure. She did authorise a new screen to be fitted but warned it may make the matter worse. The new screen is however the same as my last and like Mike Faben I feel it is not safe and I cannot understand how it can be deemed as fit.

Wonder if it’s like a bendy mirror effect with shape of window screen... missing sun visor strip to reduce - from County Antrim

Submitted: 2009-05-14 | ID: 37861

Susan Hydes, Essex

Citroen C4 Picasso 2008

Like Mike I am finding the triple vision of oncoming headlights more than annoying now. It’s dangerous and how the staff at the dealership where I bought it can’t see what I see I don’t know. Citroen customer relations deny any reports of this so until anyone else who has this problem but hasn’t reported it actually does so those of us who are increasingly niggled by it will get even more so!!! Other than the problem I have with the screen, I love the car. It is a comfortable car, spacious, economical and does drive smoothly once you get used to the gearbox. Please report this problem if you have it: looking at oncoming traffic at night (when driving in the dark) the further away oncoming vehicles are the worse the problem is. The oncoming headlights are like looking at headlights with a set of illuminated eyebrows above them and from a further distance you can even see another above that one. I would be interested to know how Mike got on with trading standards.

Submitted: 2009-04-07 | ID: 37867

David Jeffery, Essex

Citroen C4 Picasso Grand C4 Picasso 2.0 HDi Exclusive 2007

An ideal family car, good to drive with excellent visibility, a great flexible engine, very comfortable seats, the driver’s with easy adjustment to give a very comfortable driving position. The very simple six gear automatic mode is smooth once the driver becomes used to judging the changes to give the passengers a very unruffled journey. The display is very clear and the information that can be selected is simply found. Likewise, the sound system is good and easily used. There are plenty of storage spaces for the occupants of the first and second row, the kids in the back have very little however. The climate control is excellent with personal controls for both the front seat passenger and for those in the second row. Security is excellent, including laminated side windows with dimmed rear windows. There are built in sun blinds for all of the rear passengers including one on the opening glass in the hatch! Even with the dimmed glass the cabin is light and airy, helped by having a huge windscreen. The sun shields for the front passenger and driver are huge, sliding down a track to the level of the rear-view mirror, these shields let very little sun enter around them when driving when the sun is low in the sky. The car is proving to be almost as economical as our previous trouble free Xsara Picasso, for us our new car is a worthy replacement and we look forward to many happy and comfortable journeys.

Submitted: 2009-02-10 | ID: 37866

Lillian Stewart, County Down

Citroen C4 Picasso 2008

My car is only 6 months old and has a burning smell - more or less since I got it. The brakes failed 2 days ago and also the clutch. Dealer now says I must have been driving with my feet on the clutch. I don’t do this - ever - I have been driving over 20 years. What can the problem be? Please help.

Submitted: 2009-01-16 | ID: 37864

Mick Faben, England

Citroen C4 Picasso Hatch 2007

I have the C4 Hatchback. The windscreen is a major problem to me. Night driving is a nightmare because of the double and even triple vision! Oncoming car headlights, rear tail lights, brake lights and even street lights! You get an extra image of any light source just slightly above the true light source, then you get another image above that! It basically makes everything you see quite blurred and in my opinion this is a major safety issue. My car is a 2007 model and I have now made my dealer aware. I am awaiting feedback from Citroen and am approaching Trading Standards tomorrow. (Tuesday 13th Jan 2009), to see what to do next. As far as I can see the vehicle is not fit for purpose as it stands. If this problem can be resolved I would be completely satisfied with the car, if not it’s a waste of money.

Submitted: 2009-01-13 | ID: 37865

Malcolm Poulter, Wiltshire

Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi ESG 2007

Good to look at and roomy enough for four adults and their luggage without comfort being compromised. The drive is reasonable for the type of car although I get some tyre noise. The engine is smooth but the ESG gearbox is not, gear changes are slow and lumpy if driven hard. It is much better driven on manual rather than auto. Cabin controls are fiddly and take your eyes from the road, the panoramic windsreen is great for vision until sundown. With bright lights of the oncoming traffic the windscreen refracts the image and so lighting images double, very confusing. The effect is to have one set of lights plus a false image and when traffic is heavy it is easy to lose sight of cycles and motorcycles. Citroen have acknowledged this as a problem not just for my car and have changed my windscreen but true to their prediction, nothing has changed. I drive 25000 mile s a year and the car returns 50.4 mpg which is good for my pocket. Would I buy another? Yes I would even given my niggles.

Submitted: 2009-01-07 | ID: 37863

Rita Crudgington, Lincolnshire

Citroen C4 Picasso 2.0 HDI SX 2007

So very glad I bought one of these! Performance and driving are excellent, spacious, versatile to own. Huge boot and still a very good looking car, don’t know why you would want anything else!

Submitted: 2007-11-12 | ID: 37860

• A response has been made to Michael Bates (16/11/2010 21:09:03)
  • A response has been made to Geof Clarke (13/08/2010 15:24:01)

• "Can anyone tell me how to keep the radio on when the engine has stopped please, the vehicle is only one week old and i have mastered most of the comp..." (Harry Baker, 17/04/2014 19:32:21)
  • "How do you tighten a handbrake on the Citroen C4 Picasso?..." (Kellie Berrigan, 09/04/2014 09:18:18)
  • "Why has my Citroen C4 Picasso`s mileage dropped from 42,000 to 17,000 from my last MOT to this year`s? I have not had any work done on the car and ho..." (Kim Rogers, 07/04/2014 11:58:06)
  • "Hi. I have had 3 Citroen cars and just wanted to ask has anyone had trouble with their boot on the Citroen C4 Picasso not opening? This is the second..." (Sandra McDonnell, 03/04/2014 10:58:31)
  • "The "average MPG" indicator and "miles left to visit a filling station" indicator has frozen on the Trip Computer screen of my Citroen C4 Picasso. Ho..." (Calvi Evans, 03/04/2014 10:00:26)

• Brian Fawcett's question has been answered: "Car was taken into local garage and after investigation was found to have a faulty pressure switch and some cable. Replaced now OK - Brian Fawcett from North Yorkshire' '..." (09/04/2014 14:09:52)
  • Doug Walker's question has been answered: "On the dash by the speedo on the right side there are two buttons one marked colour - play with that. - Bob M from Oxfordshire' '..." (24/03/2014 12:17:04)

Citroen C4 Picasso

2.0 Hdi - The Citroen C4 Picasso is a fine-looking, compact MPV that is practical, roomy and excellent to drive. The interior is an arresting site with quality materials and clever design features.

An image of the Citroen C4 Picasso 2.0 Hdi