Citroen Berlingo consumer car reviews and road tests

Citroen Berlingo consumer reviews by year of make: 1996  2000  2003  2004  2005  2006  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016

Citroen Berlingo consumer car reviews

A alderson, West Yorkshire

Citroen Berlingo 2008 - 2016

Bought this van two weeks ago 18000 miles on the clock and needs to go back to dealers for new shockers to front ' it also pulls to the left hand side all the time worse on motorways citroens excuse is its the road camber total rubbish my ford connect has 200'000 miles on the clock and runs straight as a dye the build quality on these vans is crap to say the least carnt see it lasting to 50000 miles I will be getting rid as soon as possible and will be looking at for ford connect again in the short turn I will have lost money but long term I am sure I will save on repairs ' I have herd a lot of bad reports I will never bye a citroen again I can only blame myself for getting one

Submitted: 2016-04-28 | ID: 130918

Mark chandler, Cambridgeshire

Citroen Berlingo 2008 - 2016

I've just ordered a new L2 Belingo 90ps. I wanted it in blue with everything. Can't have electric folding heated mirrors on a blue van.... WHY ?????

Submitted: 2015-02-13 | ID: 111461

ruby bowles, Dumfries and Galloway

Citroen Berlingo 2003 - 2005

We have stripped it down twice and still it won`t start. Any ideas?

Submitted: 2014-06-07 | ID: 97124

Jack Dodds, Inverness-shire

Citroen Berlingo 1996

As I was stuck for a small van a few years ago, I was offered a Berlingo with a years MOT and a fitted two bar for £600. It had done 70k and was fairly clean for its year with no signs of rust. I bought the van and ran it for two years with not one problem, It even sailed its MOTs. I sold it to a friend who has run it daily for 3 years now and it still has not given any trouble. It will not win any races but for a P reg van it has certainly proved reliable.

Submitted: 2012-02-06 | ID: 37357

Phil Coker, Devon

Citroen Berlingo 1.9 d 2000

Bought this to replace a C15 d and I have to say it’s a different world. The driving position is nice and high up, the cabin is much better and the PAS is a Bonus. I have plenty of room in the back for my decorating tools and the passenger seat folds forward or down flat(nice idea). I replaced the timing belt when I got it and it had to have a new clutch and driveshaft recently, but other than those there has been no other issues. It’s not exactly fast, but as quick as you need and will happily cruise at 80mph all day. The only bugbear is the fuel light comes on too early when 7.5l is left, which is about all that’s ever in it. I’ve noticed the newer ones have a side door. It’s definitely the best small van around and cheap second-hand.

Submitted: 2012-01-31 | ID: 37358

Mike Fury, Monmouthshire

Citroen Berlingo 2000

I really love my little van. I’ve waited all my life for a great van like this to come my way as I don’t have much money and I’m only 23, but it’s a real cracker does 25 miles to the gallon. It’s really cheap to drive around and the girls seem to like me more now there’s a few bumps here and there. I really rate this this van. I would say that the steering is really stiff, but I think this is better as you can feel the road more.

Submitted: 2011-10-26 | ID: 37359

William Starr, Guadeloupe

Citroen Berlingo 3 2011

It’s a good van but small and it will do about 90 to 100mph<br /><br />

51 reg Berlingo, mine suffered from fuel problems which caused limp home mode, pulled the plug off the fuel thermistor and all’s been well since. Fantastic van overall, had to change the front springs at about 90k and there’s a rumble from the NSF suspension when cornering, but I would not hesitate to take this van on long journeys. Reliable with a bit of style. 10/10 - Max Knight from Sussex

Submitted: 2011-06-13 | ID: 37355

Sam Tunnicliff, Derbyshire

Good little runner, starts every time.<br /><br />

Submitted: 2010-02-26 | ID: 37352

Sam Tunnicliff, Derbyshire

Citroen Berlingo 2000

Good little van, never had a problem, greeeat.

Submitted: 2010-01-31 | ID: 37354

Tony, England

Citroen Berlingo hdi enterprise 2005

Having driven over 800,000 miles in my previous 2 Citroen’s (c15d’s). I expected the Berlingo to be a huge improvement in term of comforts etc.. no more third world driving conditions.. everything was an improvement, except the fuel consumption which I had been led to believe would be better than the 38 mpg I was consistently achieving (the c15s would never drop lower than 41 mpg). The recent fuel price hikes convinced me to back off the throttle and 45 mpg is readily attainable. Comfort and drive wise this is the best van I have driven in nearly 2,000,000 miles as a courier but mpg is the god that drives my life now and I am looking elsewhere.

Submitted: 2009-01-23 | ID: 37361

Akram Khan, Lancashire

Citroen Berlingo 1.9D 600LX 2006

Having driven the old style Berlingo, Citroen have definately improved just about everything on this van. Good dash layout, comfortable driving position, quiet engine, less body roll, a very drivable van. I spend on avarage 6hrs everyday driving so I can honestly say that this is a very comfortable van to drive. Good load space too.

Submitted: 2007-11-17 | ID: 37360

• A response has been made to William Starr (13/06/2011 09:06:21)

• "I Have just purchased a 2016 plate Berlingo Enterprise with touch screen facility. How do you turn the radio off without simply muting..." (chris, 29/04/2016 19:30:50)
  • "Hi we have our van for 3 years no problems until about 18 months ago when the engine starting ticking. It stays the same level of noise as soon as yo..." (claire, 29/04/2016 18:43:50)
  • "Hi I've just brought a 2008 diesel75 it's been sitting for 4months and when driving then start to brake it starts to shuddering the drives side I'm w..." (Michael, 21/04/2016 03:27:55)
  • "Can anybody tell me if the wheel nuts are a left handed thread or right handed? on my Berlingo Van. Many Thanks...." (rod yardley, 19/04/2016 07:50:51)
  • "after disconnecting the battery to charge it ; I replaced it now the van will not start the lights are all working ok and the dash lights all come on..." (alan, 18/04/2016 16:17:41)

• rod yardley's question has been answered: "all the wheel nuts are right hand thread, with all citroens they get very tight, you should buy a long wheel brace for to get them off they can be bou - alan from Northumberland' '..." (19/04/2016 11:28:33)
  • Mike dennehy's question has been answered: "Hi Mike, Sorry this isn`t a solution! I (and a colleague) have been having the same problem with our 16 plate Berlingo vans, the Citroen franchise - Clive Gavin from Devon' '..." (15/04/2016 18:02:13)

Renault Trafic