Chevrolet Tacuma consumer car reviews and road tests

Chevrolet Tacuma

Chevrolet Tacuma consumer reviews by year of make:2004 2005 2007 2008

Chevrolet Tacuma consumer car reviews

Robert Easey, Suffolk

Chevrolet Tacuma SE 2005

Well I have had my 1.6 sx for about 5 months, it’s a 55 reg with 41k on the clock that I got for under 2k which is a real steal I think! The only people I have seen complain abouth these cars are motability users - perhaps they are spoilt? I have had no problems at all, which is more than I can say about my previous VAG group SEAT Leon! They dont ride fantastic, they are a little thirsty, but if you need a comfy cheap reliable motor you cannot beat them. The kids love it and I must say I am a little fond of it now too. I think if you buy one you wouldn’t regret it, unless you are a snob or like driving like an idiot, as they are no sports car, but if you can get over the badge I personally think you can’t go wrong!

Submitted: 2012-06-28 | ID: 37193

Selina, Hertfordshire

Chevrolet Tacuma 2005

Bought my Tacuma at an auction for £900 with a mileage of 32000 and thought it was real value for money. I have since had the head gasket changed, but apart from that it’s a good car, although the road tax is quite high at about £265 for a year.

Paid a £256 road tax yesterday - for 6 months!! No idea why... - from Warwickshire

Submitted: 2012-05-14 | ID: 37191

John, Nottinghamshire

Chevrolet Tacuma 2.0 CDX Auto 2007

For the price this is a great car. A quiet runner that can shift when needed. It’s very stable on motorways and very spacious.

Submitted: 2012-01-25 | ID: 37194

Gary Belfield, England

Chevrolet Tacuma 2.0l cdx 2004

This is a great car, but yes it does have it’s bad points, the road tax being one as it’s very high, which is a little annoying. It can also drink a lot of petrol. However, the good points do out weigh anything bad about it. I have the 2.0l cdx 04, which was cheap to buy; I got mine for £1600 with 40k on the clock. It has good visibilty, perfect boot space, perfect leg room and a lot of storage for the kids things. I love this car and would say it is well worth the money.

Submitted: 2011-11-30 | ID: 37195

Adrian Roberts, Shropshire

Chevrolet Tacuma 2 litre cdx auto 2007

This car cannot tow and it struggled with a family of four, so much so it bottomed out! It has no power and drinks petrol; I know of 3 litre cars that drink less petrol than this one and the inside just falls apart around you. Avoid it at all costs.

Well I bought a 56 plate 1 of these 2 months ago and so far so good, was very cautious at first as I’d never heard of them, I had my Renault Scenic (top of the range) for 5 years then wrote it off, needed a car high up to drive as I have severe back problems and needed 1 asap, so took the gamble with this mpv, and much to my surprise, it is as good as the Scenic, but better visability, and quieter than the Scenic too - Nigel Milburn from England

Submitted: 2011-08-26 | ID: 37196

Barbara Smith, Rhondda Cynon Taff

Chevrolet Tacuma 2007

This is a good drive and not over pricey in the MPG range. I love the fact you can basically climb into it without hurting your back. The only problem I find with my CDX is that it seems to pull in high winds unless I have a problem I don’t know about. There’s plenty of room inside, love the fact you can use it as manual as well. My only objection regarding this vehicle is the fact that even though it is only a 2.0 automatic it costs me about £234 every six months for tax. Why is this I wonder?. I personally think the Goverment are taking the mickey as it is grossly over priced, after all it is only a 2.0 well actually 1999cc..

Submitted: 2011-03-23 | ID: 37188

Terry Ridge, Lincolnshire

Chevrolet Tacuma 2008

I bought my Tacuma with only 9 miles on the clock. In the two years I have had it the problems have been: 1) Cylinder head removed and new valves fitted at 31k 2) 40k - replacement anti-roll bar link arms replaced (when new the rear seats were rusty underneath the upholstery). It had been in a showroom for 12 months. Please contact me if you wish terryjohn1948@yahoo.co.uk.

I was thinking of buying a MPV car for decent money, would a Chevrolet be considered? - Sean Kearns from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 2010-07-30 | ID: 37189

Mark Williams, Staffordshire

Chevrolet Tacuma 1.6 SX 2005

Very good value for money, I have a 55 plate Tacuma on a Chevrolet badge, picked it up for £2500 with only 31,000 miles on the clock, but this car is equipped with everything It can be a little thirsty around town, but on a long journey it is very economical. The car is very comfortable to drive, and looks good on the outside. Plenty of space on the inside, and plenty of leg room for everyone. The car is a real pleasure to drive.

Submitted: 2009-06-22 | ID: 37199

Greg Archer, Leicestershire

Chevrolet Tacuma 1.6 SX 2005

I wanted an MPV for a family of five on a budget. The Tacuma was a cracking bargain at least £2k less than the equivalent Renault Megane which is a good comparison. Okay, so there is no diesel option, the emissions are not brilliant, and the 2.0 litre version will get hit hard when the new higher vehicle tax band are introduced in 2010 (so avoid it!). The 1.6 engine will do the job but it is a little noisy when worked hard and only averages 35mpg, but there are no known faults with the unit and if driven like a family car, it’s fine. Good points are interior space, three proper seat belts in the back for the kids (i.e. no lap straps) good sized boot and unbelievable value for money. It’s comfortable, there are lots of cubby holes for bits and bobs inside and the styling is a bit quirky, which I quite like in an odd sort of way. I have seen Tacumas’ with only 10 miles on the clock in dealers for £1800 under new price. The deprecation is vicious on newer models and a genuine 3 year old car can easily be had for £3k with about 20-30,000 miles on the clock - that is real VFM, which every family will appreciate. It won’t set the world on fire but as a people transporter for not much money it is hard to beat.

Submitted: 2009-02-13 | ID: 37200

Stuart Goddard, Warwickshire

Chevrolet Tacuma 1.6 2007

Practical, economic and spacious, everything I needed. Can’t say more than that.

Submitted: 2007-11-12 | ID: 37198

• A response has been made to Selina (14/05/2012 21:28:39)
  • A response has been made to Adrian Roberts (26/08/2011 15:34:29)

Renault Scenic