Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon consumer car reviews and road tests

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon consumer reviews by year of make:2005 2006 2007 2008 2009

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon consumer car reviews

Philip Newton, Worcestershire

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon 1.8 auto 2009

I paid £4500 for an 09 plate with 9k on the clock. I’d looked at Ford, Vauxhall, etc., and this car saved me thousands in the purchase price against a similar car from the other two makers. If you are interested in an image this car may not be for you, but if you require a spacious and well built car you would struggle do to better. The car is fully loaded with most of the toys that you would need. Performance is average for an automatic, but one easily keeps up with the traffic. Most of my driving is around a hilly town so fuel consumption achieved is as per gov figures. Conclusion: If you are in the market for a another car have a demo.

Submitted: 2013-02-10 | ID: 37169

Richard Colwell, Worcestershire

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon 2008

Well what can I say? I considered long and hard before buying this car, but after seeing what else I could get for the same money I decided to dispel my preconceptions of Chevrolet and give it a chance. So far I consider it good value for money. It has lots of equipment and space for the driver and passengers, with a good load area space and various storage compartments. It feels well made and solid. I think this car suffers from badge snoberry. I have had Fords and Vauxhalls, and it feels easily as good as those in build quality and dare I say as good as some Japanese cars (of which I’ve owned a few), but at a fraction of the price. It isn’t a a rocket by any means, but the 1.8 engine and auto box is smooth and relaxed . This is not a car for the younger generation, but for the middle aged, young family types I think it offers very good value for the money. Mine was an eX-motability car so came with a FSH and 25K miles on an 58 plate. The dealer was happy to put a 12 month MOT on it with a 6 month warranty and I paid just over 3k for it. For that money you’re looking at a Ford/Vauxhall and other cars with say 65k+ miles and on 2002/04 plate. My only criticism is it’s a bit thirsty on fuel, if you put your foot down it delivers 28/32 mpg, but if like me you drive a car and not race it round like you’re at the Nurbergring you’ll get a bit more. In summery: This car won’t be for everyone that’s obvious, but if you’re on a budget and you want a bit more for your money, please go and at least see and drive one before making your mind up. You could be pleasantly surprised.

Submitted: 2012-02-10 | ID: 37168

Rune, Norway

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon SX 1,6 Petrol 2005

This is an excellent car for the money. Bought it in spring 2006 with 15000 km on the odometer, now it has done 100 000 km. I have follow the scheduled service plan. Besides that the only work needed was to fix the brakes, only normal wear though, no rust at all and the interior shows no signs of wear after six years, that’s great. It has everything I look for in a car, comfort, roomy, easy to handle in everyday life. Both me and my family love this car.

Submitted: 2011-08-09 | ID: 37167

Brian Clark, Bedfordshire

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon 2008

Excellent car. One of the most comfortable to drive i have ever owned. Good turn of speed and reasonable mpg. Cruises easily on motorways (e.g. a superb drive to and from Edinburgh). Bags of room for passengers and cargo. Great value for money.

Submitted: 2010-09-12 | ID: 37166

David Hills, Hertfordshire

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon 2006

An excellent car. I look for practicality and value in my cars and this has them. It has great carrying capacity and is loaded with useful extras and storage areas and has proved very reliable. Bought it new nearly 5 years ago and no regrets. Only outlays have been two tyres, wiper blades and washer pump, about £250 all together. Not bad over five years. One small criticism - the horn sounds like a gnat breaking wind.

Submitted: 2010-08-21 | ID: 37165

Ken Cattell, Yorkshire

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon 2008

I have had loads of new cars including Mercs, this car is the best value I have had for the money, the Mercedes cars lost more in year one than this estate cost, real good value, purchased from the car people.

Submitted: 2010-06-05 | ID: 37164

Andrew Seddon, Lancashire

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon 2009

I am a disabled person and have had several vehicles but the Lacetti station wagon has been the best I have had. It is comfortable and drives very well, I like the automatic box which unlike some cars you can hardly feel any gear change. The specs on this car are as good as the astra, focus and many more cars with electric windows all round air con, central locking lots of extra storage compartments. The boot is very roomy and is a good level from the ground which is ideal for lifting my wheelchair in and out of it as is the split seating for longer larger items, 12v power socket in boot, a very good 1.8 engine. The only draw back is the mpg which depending on the way you drive can give around 28-32 mpg but this is the only minus I can give and would definitely recomend this car. I will have another unless something of the cost give as much value - Andrew Seddon from Lancashire

Submitted: 2010-01-29 | ID: 37163

Sarah Reed, Devon

Chevrolet Lacetti Station Wagon 1.6 SX 5dr 2007

3 children and 2 dogs calls for something with a LOT of space and the Lacetti fits the bill perfectly. The only negative is it’s not the quietest car I’ve ever driven but noise levels are not excessive and you quickly get used to it. Very good.

Submitted: 2007-09-29 | ID: 37170