BMW 3-Series Coupe consumer car reviews and road tests

BMW 3-Series Coupe

BMW 3-Series Coupe consumer reviews by year of make:1998 2004 2006 2007 2008 2009 2011 2012

BMW 3-Series Coupe consumer car reviews

Shaun Barker, Yorkshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 335 Diesel M Sport 2012

I have had various BM’s before from the 320i to the 330 D, but this car is something else. The sheer power and versitility of the engine make this car great fun to drive. The semi auto box with paddles on the wheel is fantastic, change up or down at the flick of a switch or switch to Manual Mode for the really white knuckle ride it gives you. It is however, great to trundle round town, fatastic to cruise down the motorway and when you need the power to over take or get out of tricky situations either kick down, or just drop a gear using the paddle and to be propelled rocket like into the distance. The handling is firm, but responsive and there are all the usual toys like sat nav, bluetooth, BMW on line, as well as the usual refinements expected from BM’s. All in all one hell of a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Submitted: 2013-02-18 | ID: 36813

Sean Scarratt, Derbyshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320i M Sport 2008

A great car overall with decent performance, superb handling and is suprisingly cheap to run. I can average 40 mpg around town/b roads. Tax is only £165 per year. I did suffer with the dreaded coil issues out of warranty, but this was fixed by BMW with me only having to pay the labour cost. I would advise anyone to ditch the runflats as the ride is better and just keep a can of tyre weld for emergencies!

Submitted: 2012-04-21 | ID: 36812

Colin Ashby, France

BMW 3-Series Coupe 2004

What a great motor! I bought mine last May and have so far done 15000 kms with no problems. The car now has 125000kms on the clock and goes like the proverbial, returning 50+mpg. The garage removed the swirl flaps, they drop into engine and wreck it they said, so I’m relieved. The power is fantastic and road-holding equally so. It looks lovely in black and I would buy it again, but with a leather interior. Well done BMW!

Submitted: 2012-01-17 | ID: 36805

Gordon Farnham, England

BMW 3-Series Coupe m sport 2008

This 320 M Sport is the second BMW I have owned. My first was a 2055 5-Series, which was a very good family car. As I was looking for something smaller, but still with the BMW refinement we decided to go for the coupe. This car has a great driving position and styling. The M Sport delivers excellent acceleration and the standard equipment level is better than expected. Now for the one and only down side of most BMWs; RUNFLAT tyres give a hard and bumpy ride. They are also real expensive if you believe what BMW say about the tyre being unrepairable after a puncture, but I would still buy another of Germany’s finest cars.

We bought an e92 320 m sport new in Sep 07 and I have to say it is the most unreliable car we hav ever had. All 4 coil packs have been changed over the years, all 4 injectors have been changed. Side lights (angel eyes) have packed in twice and it wasn’t the bulbs. Other than that, build quality good, looks good but very disappointed by BMW aftersales and reliability of car - James Wilson from County Armagh

Submitted: 2011-11-07 | ID: 36806

Peter, Kent

BMW 3-Series Coupe 325d se 2008

I part exchanged my X3 for this 325d se, which uses less fuel, 47mpg against 23.5mpg and gives a softer ride. More importantly though this is a powerful machine with superb handling and good looks that are understated. I’m extremely impressed so far, but still getting my head around all the gizmos!

Yes, I have the 325d sport plus coupe, BMW have ticked all the right boxes in my book a fantastic car to drive, and it never fails to put a smile on my face, this is my second BMW and it will not be my last - from England

Submitted: 2011-11-07 | ID: 36808

David Bryant, England

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d 2009

Bought this car new in March 2009 and have covered only 12,000 miles. During this time it has had four new clutches and a flywheel. A friend of mine purchased the same model in June 2009 and experienced even more problems. The car still wonders what to do at junctions and often leaps about on take off; my grandchildren call it Skippy. Many software updates have made no difference to the erratic motions of the car but have suppressed the miles per gallon and considerably speeded up the idle speed. This is my fourth BMW over twelve years it will be my last.

Yep - 320i 2008 and had all the same issues. It appears to be a common problem. One day the car would be okay, the next it would be lurching to the extent that it looked like you couldn’t drive. I have had two new clutches and flywheels replaced which made little difference. Also had several coil packs and all injectors replaced and still had engine problems - again a common problem. Eventually got rid of it because it was obvious that the problem would never be solved and I was so fed up not knowing from day to day which way the car would drive - from County Antrim

Submitted: 2011-07-28 | ID: 36810

William Starr, Guatemala

BMW 3-Series Coupe 3 2011

It is a nice car and I like it. It looks good and fast to drive nice car that you are looking.

Submitted: 2011-06-13 | ID: 36798

Alan Cohen, United States of America

BMW 3-Series Coupe 2007

I love the car but get it with 100k mile warranty because it’s so expensive to fix. There is no other car on the road like it. It flies like a rocket and corners like a jet plane. Wow wow.

Submitted: 2011-03-30 | ID: 36799

Alan Cohen, United States of America

BMW 3-Series Coupe 2007

I love the car but if you’re thinking about getting one, make sure you get a 100k mile warranty because it’s so expensive to fix. There is no other car on the road like it. It flies like a rocket and corners like a jet plane. Wow wow.

Submitted: 2011-03-25 | ID: 36800

Ross Lindsay, Dumbartonshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320i M Sport Coupe 2007

After 30000 miles I’m wishing I had stuck with Audi! The 320i m Sport Coupe is great to look at, classy and subtle but it has a host of mechanical problems that never seem to get sorted. There was horrific clutch judder which BMW claimed was a common software issue that was only resolved with a new clutch and fly wheel in addition to the software update. The 6 speed manual gearbox regularly refuses to go into first. BMW claiming there is nothing wrong and its only a trait of the M sport box. The car would continually go into limp home mode. This was fixed with a new coil pack and all the injectors being replaced however there is still the odd unexplained loss of power. The car has also suffered a long list of minor electrical and sensor problems keeping it as a regular visitor to my local dealer. A dealer who somehow manages to charge £245 for a 225/40 R18 Bridgestone runflat that kwikfit charges £150 for! All in all it looks nice on the driveway but everywhere else its a massive let down.<br /><br />

Bought a second hand 57 plate 320 Coupe 18 months ago and so far every 6 months I have to take the car back to BMW to replace the injectors. Car still has the odd stutter even just after the replacement. Due to the car and BMW in Aberdeen I’d never have another BMW. Oh, when I first bought the car, the run flat malfunctioned and the side wall collapsed meaning the car slid when going round a corner (defeats the purpose of run flat). Aberdeen BMW tried to tell me it was a nail and said I’d need to buy a new tyre for something like £250. I’d rather drive arounnd in a KIA, at least it has a 7 year warranty - Mark Donald from Aberdeenshire

These two stories are exactly what we have gone through with our E92 320 m sport. We bought it new in November 2007 and every 4 months approx it’s back to the garage to get either coil packs or injectors. To date 5 coils and 6 injectors. The runflats dont bother me... yet. The 6 speed gearbox does sometimes catch when trying to put it into 1st gear starting off and reversing. You find yourself trying to let the car roll a bit before it will go into gear. I won’t be buying another BMW. Disappointed. It’s booked in again as it is dropping off a cylinder again. Oh, and the day time Angle eye side lights have quit and it’s not the bulbs or fuses? - James Wilson from County Armagh

Submitted: 2011-01-06 | ID: 36801

Kath, Conwy

BMW 3-Series Coupe 2008

After taking delivery of my shiny BMW 320 Coupe, 9 weeks later it was back at the dealers neading a whole new automatic gearbox!! BMW UK didnt have the parts so I had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive from Germany. I always thought that there was something wrong with the car as whenever I started it the whole thing would shake. It broke down 5 times in 18 months. It had all but one of the injectors replaced. The guy at the service desk at the dealers used to hide whenever he saw me heading towards him & the car being on the back of a recovery vehicle. It was a fab looking car but sadly I will never have another one EVER especially after it broke down yet again in the pouring rain & left me standing a the side of a busy trunk road for 40mins while BMW came out to rescue me again. It has now been returned to the lease company. Now looking at a Merc, seeing as I had one on loan while my BMW was being repaired.

Submitted: 2010-08-07 | ID: 36804

Brendan Murphy, Stirlingshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d M Sport 2007

Have had the car for 3yrs with a problem free 35,000 miles covered. Like the car so much awaiting delivery of new 2010 model, this time on 19" wheels and auto box.<br /><br />

Watch your tyres on 2010 M Sport on runflats - Lexa Lexa from Ireland

Submitted: 2010-05-16 | ID: 36796

David Dunford, Sussex

BMW 3-Series Coupe Manual 2007

I have a problem with hesitancy on pulling away from a standstill, e.g. traffic lights and roundabouts; the car becomes very jerky. The car has recently had a software upgrade from the main dealer but the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Check the clutch/get dealer to check software relating to any sensors - BMW Mechanic from England

Sounds like a clutch and/or DMF to me - Stewy Mac Stew from Ayrshire

Submitted: 2009-11-15 | ID: 36792

Steven Prigmore, Hertfordshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d M Sport Auto 2008

I bought the car with 2,200 miles on it and 3months old. It has Black exterior, Black leather interior and M Sport 19" wheels. I’ve had it over a year now and its done 18,000 miles and I’ve loved every mile of it!! High in comfort, fuel consumption and overall driving pleasure. I did consider the Audi A5 but preferred the 3 Series Coupe due to its sporty looks and uncomplicated dashboard. Still think it looks great and it drives like new; excellent road holding and poise. The few things I dont like are the difficulty getting in and out of it, mainly in tight car parks and the location of the drinks holders are ridiculous. Otherwise, I’m over the moon with this car and cannot recommend it highly enough. I did test drive the 320i but found it a bit ’gutless’, whereas the diesel has just enough power. Its having its first service next week and have experienced really good ’care’ from Specialist Cars in Tring, Hertfordshire.

Submitted: 2009-11-08 | ID: 36795

Scott Goodman, Nottinghamshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d m sport 2009

I love this car. I have just swapped my Audi A4 Cabriolrt for this BMW and cannot believe how much of a difference there is! What a pleasure to drive. I cannot believe how many people look the car when I am out driving... I can’t get the wife out of it!

Scott I have just read your report. I have sold my 2009 09 320D M Sport convertible as I was fed up with a leak in the boot which the dealer could not fix. I have ordered a 2010 320d M Sport Coupe and am just hoping its as good (without the leak) - Chris Jeffs from Flintshire

Submitted: 2009-08-04 | ID: 36790

Gez Yorkshire, England

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320i 2007

Great car all round with a few small niggles. For a coupe this is a decent 4 seater. Looks as good as BMW coupe’s costing 15 grand more. Can cover the miles in great comfort and refinement. MPG loads better than previous petrol models as you have the stop start system which you get used to very quickly. 320i is a little low powered and feels slow to pick up from a standstill due to the weight. I expect diesel to be better in this respect. BMW legendary quality slipping as the years go by. I suffered from 2 cam sensors failing & very spectacular oil burn up on a fast trip. Interior material for seats is cheap and I would recommend leather option for those who will keep the car. And BMW; get rid of these terrible rock hard run flats. They cost the earth to replace and are not commonly available - could catch you out on a long trip. Can’t get punctures repaired on them so £200 a pop you have to pay - it’s plain daft. I give it 4 stars but would give it 5 if the tyres were sorted and trim is better than the Ford level used.

Submitted: 2009-05-22 | ID: 36815

Steve Finnerty, Hampshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320i MSport 2007

I have just handed back my 320i MSport after 2 year PCP. I had mixed feelings on returning it. While I loved the car for its looks, driving position, smoothness, and build integrity but I had issues with reliability which soured the relationship. Mine was one of the first MSport cars with the new 170bhp 2litre engine and efficient dynamics and this may have been the cause of some of my problems. Having owned an E48 318i Coupe previously it was an interesting comparison. The engine was smooth and revved well up to its 7000rpm limit but lacked low down torque. It stuttered intermittently on take off and needed 4000 revs to really wake up and while it got quicker while I had it, these characteristics never changed. While the E48 coupe was slower it had more torque low down and was more economical according to the trip computer. The old one used to average over 36MPG while the new one with Stop Start, 6 gears and all the efficient dynamics struggled to reach 35MPG. I have never had so many issues with a new car. When I first picked it up the steering felt odd. This was one of the first electric power steering implementations which I initially put it down to. However after about 15 minutes on the motorway it stiffened up causing you to over-correct to the extent it was noticeable by passengers. When I took it to the dealer the tech would not let me drive it home and replaced the rack. No recall was ever issued for this. In addition I had separate injectors which failed on two occasions dropping the car into limp home mode with a top speed of 60MPH and the worry it was going to die altogether. Each time BMW refused to replace all the injectors, only the faulty one under warrantee until a recall was issued and they were all replaced anyway. I also had a cam seal failure which was also subject to recall but failed before I could get the car into the dealers. To see your new car disappear on a trailer in 3 instances in 2 years is not something I was expecting although the BMW breakdown service is excellent. The car itself was fine, the steering was sharp but lacked true feel, handling and grip were good but a bit skittish in the wet I put down to the run flats. Ride was OK from my point of view, firm but not rock hard but I did get more complaints from rear seat passengers. The seats were comfortable with good room for 4 and an ample boot but tricky to get in and out for older people. All in all a good car but the problems made me feel BMW should be paying me for testing their new technology!

Submitted: 2009-05-19 | ID: 36814

Therese Pastore, Dorset

BMW 3-Series Coupe 1998

Good looking , good road handling, no problems. Backache though.

Submitted: 2009-05-15 | ID: 36816

Denver Burke, Northern Ireland

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d SE 2007

Just picked up my 2007 320d SE Coupe this week. Its Montego blue with cream beige nappa leather interior, a real head turner. Its very economical to drive and the sheer power it packs is brilliant, ideal for overtaking. Everything works like a dream inside and with all the little gadgets in the car I just don’t want to get out. I just love this car. Well done BMW.

Submitted: 2009-04-14 | ID: 36817

Leon, Lancashire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d M Sport 2007

I picked up my 320d M Sport Coupe brand new, in June 2007. I was immediately delighted with its performance and styling. As previous posters have mentioned, it attracted looks from passers by immediately... this was in the days when the coupe was rare, and the M Sport variant almost unseen! Quickly, I had a turbo problem... a complete lack of power, which fortunately didn’t cause a dangerous situation, and was solved despite the car being with my local BMW dealership for 2 weeks. In recent times, it has had 2/3 niggles, involving trips to the dealers, and the odd 1/2 night stay with a hire car. However, I do still love the car... it’s in Le Mans blue, which is gratifyingly rare, and still attracts positive comments (when it’s clean!) Economy is outstanding for a car with its performance. It might not have the same growl as the 330d or 335d, but it uses half the fuel, and will get me there just as quickly.

Submitted: 2009-02-16 | ID: 36818

Spencer Curtis, Warwickshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 335d. 2007

Ive had my 335d m sports now for 16 months and still after all that time it puts a smile on my face, its quick, looks the part, and even better still its returning me 32mpg on average. I’ve been thinking recently what car I should purchase next? I can’t think of any other car on the planet that will give me power, economy and out and out driving experience. The only downside is the depreciation! I paid 44k brand new and you can now pick up for around 30k at around 12 months old!! So my tip is buy a 12 month old model it will have taken a major kicking already!!

Compare the coupe 335d DXB - John Beegs from England

Submitted: 2008-12-29 | ID: 36819

Tony Hazell, Surrey

BMW 3-Series Coupe 330iSport 2007

This replaced a 9-month old 335d Touring that rattled and squeaked from new. Despite the local dealer’s valiant efforts the oil-burner was never right. This coupe is like waking up from a bad dream - everything works as it should, it is blissfully quiet and smooth and handles like a dream. On a run it regularly returns 35+ mpg and is near silent around the legal(ish) limit. True, the ride is firm but this is a sports coupe and the seats are superb.

Submitted: 2008-10-20 | ID: 36821

John Parish, England

BMW 3-Series Coupe 330d Coupe 2006

I got this car as an early retirement present in Dec 06 and was so excited awaiting its delivery. I have had BMW’s for over 20 years but never had a diesel or an automatic before. Prior to placing an order, Mill Garages of Boldon (as it was then) loaned me a 335d version for the weekend to take my wife to the Lakes on her birthday. I was sold within minutes. The power, handling, refinement and economy were just amazing. It had 3/4’s of a tank of diesel when I picked it up and was just under half when I returned it even after around 200 miles. Amazing! I ordered mine with the professional sat nav, grey leather heated seats and the paddles for the steering wheel. The paddles look great and are fun to use now and again and was only a £100 extra. The gear change using them is so smooth and occurs in a micro second. I got the telematic too which allows use of a hands free blue tooth mobile phone and for verbal instructions to the Sat Nav etc. Mine is a second car and only had 9,000 miles on the clock now after 17 months. (I use a Smart car for commuting to my part time occupation and it produces the same economy) The car still smells of leather, everything works as it should, the power is amazing and the economy varies depending on use between 35 and 48 mpg. I love going on a longer run and trying to reach 50 mpg but you have to really drive economically and below 70 mph to achieve this. Oh and this is a car that turns heads. It is so impressive on the road when its clean znc polished. That happens in my yellow Smart Car too but I think for different reasons. I highly recommend this car. It was a lot of money (£36,2000) but really worth it. John in Tyne and Wear.

Submitted: 2008-05-28 | ID: 36822

Paul, Hampshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 330d 2006

Having had an older 330D touring for four years I was saddened when BMW came out with its new styling...until the the coupe came along. It is the best looking and most practical coupe on the market. The new 3.0L diesel is unbelievable, it is so much faster than my old one and is showing 41.5MPG on the computer!!! It pulls at any speed and any revs and leaves other cars as a spec in the rear view mirror. The ride is an excellent balance with a sporty feel but not too harsh, the interior has a real quality feel and the room in the rear seats is better than my old 330 Touring. It is the first automatic I have ever owned and BMW should have a different description for it because it reads my mind. It is the first auto I have ever driven where it does not feel like it is sapping power and it even gives engine braking as it changes down the gears. The standard fit Electric memory seats are a blessing as my partner and I share the car, just press the button and the seat and mirrors go where you want them. I struggle to think of a single fault with the car apart from BMW’s insistance on run flat tyres.

Submitted: 2008-05-12 | ID: 36825

Simon Wassell, Worcestershire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 325 Coupe SE 2007

Decided on this car after falling in love purely with it’s looks and am happy to say she drives ten times better than she looks. It is a real honey with smooth power delivery and awesome handling, DSC on or off. Returns surprisingly good mileage figures too. My second BMW and very impressed.

Hi I’m looking at purchasing a 325i coupe, anyone have any actual mpg figures rather than the manufacturers? Cheers - Chris Jones from England

Submitted: 2008-05-06 | ID: 36823

Pete Smith, Wiltshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 335i M Sport 2008

Just taken delivery and it’s awesome. Superb build quality, everything works perfectly, no rattles or creaks. Power delivery is stunning with no turbo lag, yet to test the handling as it’s always raining!

Submitted: 2008-04-07 | ID: 36826

Zoe McCulloch, Bridgend

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320i M-Sport 2008

I have just taken delivery of this car and I am over the moon with all aspects of it. I previously owned a Jaguar X-Type which now seems so old fashioned up against the BMW. What surprised me was how eco friendly the BMW have become with great fuel figures low road tax and servicing every 15,000 miles. I bought it because I loved the look of it and the drive but to find it eco friendly was a big bonus. It handles like it is on a rail and even with low sports suspension the ride is very good. I ordered mine in Le Mans Blue with cream leather and a walnut dash because that was the things I liked about the Jaguar. I was going for the XF but it was not not for me when I sat in it.

Submitted: 2008-03-17 | ID: 36827

Peter Marsh, Yorkshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 2.0 2007

Great looking coupe. Fantastic and precise handling. Had quite a few beamers and this coupe is by far the best.

Submitted: 2008-02-29 | ID: 36829

Peter Goodman, Buckinghamshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320CD Automatic 2008

I have had 3-series for over twenty years now and I have to say based on overall performance, comfort and design this is the best. It is the first automatic I have had and it is an absolute treat to drive. I am getting 42-44mpg in town and urban driving and yet it is still powerful and I am now so glad I didn’t go for the 330 or 335 versions. I think the design of the interior is brilliant and by far the best I’ve come across. I had the professional Sat Nav fitted and it makes the whole i-drive experience that much better with the split-screen. I can also thoroughly recommend the pro-logic hi fi which makes it hard to get out of the car! The only reason I haven’t given it 5 stars is that the ride on the run-flat tyres is a bit hard although you do get used to it.

Submitted: 2008-02-28 | ID: 36828

Trevor Chapman, London

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d M-Sport 2007

Great Car and (surprisingly) a really great dealer. I can highly recommend the www.kentbmw.co.uk website and the service that the Broad Oak Group provide. The car is superb and looks terrific. I love the way it drives. It is really powerful but economical thanks to its stop-start system in traffic. This part took a bit of getting used to but I am now loving the economy. I was unsure about buying a car on the web but I am now a convert thanks to Broad Oak BMW in Canterbury, Kent. They kept all their promises, kept me informed of progress and there were no nasty hidden extras. They made it simple and straightforward. Best of all for my convenience they delivered the car to my work which was fantastic service. I have had some poor experiences in the past with BMW dealerships but the guys at Broad Oak are different. Try them!

Are you the sales manager? - 330d owner from England

Submitted: 2007-11-05 | ID: 36838

Dan Mathers, Bedfordshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320i SE 2dr 2007

This is a very refined car. It out performs any car I have driven before (Mercedes, Audi, Alpha Romeo) and really does put the enjoyment back into driving. The well laid out interior comfortably seats 4 adults and iDrive controller is easy to get to grips with. Whilst I wasn’t expecting high mpg I did think I could rely on the 23mpg quoted in the book - that is my only gripe because it’s no where near.

You’re not even getting 23mpg? You must either be incredibly heavy footed or there is something wrong with your car - Jasper Hawker from Sussex

Submitted: 2007-10-27 | ID: 36840

Abdul Iqbal, Yorkshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320 Coupe SE 2007

Car generally adequate but ride atrocious on run flat tyres. They are not worth it. The car never ever settles on the road. Crashes over imperfections. Looking forward to replacing them with proper tyres. Otherwise OK for £34k.

Submitted: 2007-10-05 | ID: 36836

Steve Rolph, Essex

BMW 3-Series Coupe 335d 2007

This car in my opinion is fantastic, great performance and handling even on poor road surfaces. 33mpg with mixed driving can’t be bad with the performance this car produces. Pity the dealer wasn’t so efficient but thats another story.

Submitted: 2007-09-27 | ID: 36837

Peter Everitt, Cardiff

BMW 3-Series Coupe 335d 2007

As always with BMW, options are very expensive, but the car and engine are absolutely awesome. Blisteringly quick at any speed and a huge amount of fun on the mountain roads of Wales. Well worth the extra £120 per month in lease costs to get the 335d. With mixed city and motorway driving I get around 31mpg, which I feel is more than acceptable a car with 286bhp on tap!

Submitted: 2007-09-20 | ID: 36834

Peter Schofield, Durham

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d SE 2 dr 2007

Such a great car, so pleased I finally made the jump from Audi. Handles superbly, a real pleasure to drive and very reasonable to run. Excellent value for money.

Submitted: 2007-09-06 | ID: 36835

Melanie Prost, Kent

BMW 3-Series Coupe 320d SE 2007

I did a LOT of research to find the best coupe before parting with my hard earnt cash. The 3-Series came out top on most of the sites that I looked at and this persuaded me to get one. Glad I did! This car is a delight, get one if you can.

Submitted: 2007-09-04 | ID: 36832

Reggie Arnold, Kirkcudbrightshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 3 Series Diesel 2007

Great handling and great diesel performance. This car ticks all the boxes. 5 out of 5 from me!

Submitted: 2007-08-14 | ID: 36833

Ian Campbell, Surrey

BMW 3-Series Coupe 2007

I don't think I could have got a better car to drive/own. I love driving my 335i everywhere. The 2007 coupe is a stunner to look at, a beautiful car that performs well, definitely worth the money i spent on it. I agree that BMW is the ultimate driving machine, it just feels more solid and stable than any other car I’ve driven.

Submitted: 2007-08-07 | ID: 36830

Peter, Northamptonshire

BMW 3-Series Coupe 2007

The BMW 3 Series Coupe has not been the most fuel efficient car I have ever had. It only does about 30mpg so it is not the most economic in the world. Suspension not the best but all in all a pretty good car.

Submitted: 2007-07-24 | ID: 36831

• A response has been made to Gordon Farnham (07/11/2011 13:46:01)
  • A response has been made to Peter (07/11/2011 09:23:41)

• "My BMW 3-Series Coupe puffs blue smoke when started up but when it drives there is no more smoke. I always fill up with engine oil after 5 days as I ..." (Chistopher Mokone, 01/04/2014 09:33:08)
  • "Hi. I am thinking of buying the new BMW 3-series coupe.Tthe 320 hopefully but I am not sure which to go for, the diesel or the petrol. Any advice peo..." (Akif Ali, 10/09/2010 09:02:41)

• Akif Ali's question has been answered: "Not easily answered this one as everyone is different in what you expect from a car and its performance etc. The petrol version is probably cheaper to - Paul Harrison from Bedfordshire' '..." (01/11/2012 11:03:05)

BMW 3-Series Coupe

335i SE Coupe - The first 3 Series appeared in 1975. Back then it was a 2-door saloon, but with the advent of the 4-door saloon and other variants in 1982, the 2-door models became ‘Coupés’. Launched in 2006, the current, 3 Series Coupés have been treated to a mid-term makeover, with the 335i benefitting from what’ [...]

Road Test Reports Says 4.5 star ratingFull Report