VOLKSWAGEN POLO questions and answers: Page 4

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VOLKSWAGEN POLO models. Help and advice on everything VOLKSWAGEN POLO. Feel free to ask and answer as many VOLKSWAGEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VOLKSWAGEN POLO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Tlou, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

When travelling long distances and at high speeds the oil warning light comes on and there is a constant rattling sound from the engine...but none whatsoever at low speeds and short distances...

Had the same problem with my 2005 polo and it appears I had put more than enough oil and I had to drain it Zinto from South Africa

Submitted: 02/03/2016 18:32:28 | ID: 128445

Julie Pillay, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I have a polo 1.4 comfortline 2011 model - this morning driving it to work - it started beeping there was no lights on on the dash - so i am not sure what this is about can someone please help me

Submitted: 29/02/2016 06:40:38 | ID: 128316

jaco, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Engine cranks halfway by hand then stuck won't move what's wrong then plz.

Submitted: 28/02/2016 09:26:36 | ID: 128275

Amanda, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I drive a 2012 Polo Vivo 1.4 automatic. I changed my front brakes pads a few months ago. Everything seemed fine until the rain started. If I drive on a dry road my brakes work perfectly, but if the road is very wet due to a down pour and I need to brake suddenly, it feels like my brake pad shutter and that the brakes are metal on metal and my vehicle doesn't come to a stand still. Took it back to VW but they can't seem to find the problem. As I mentioned it's only on a wet road. Can you please advise?

Submitted: 26/02/2016 08:35:45 | ID: 128190

Johan, Malaysia

Volkswagen Polo

I would like to know the part number for the throttle body for my Polo 1.4 16V 3dr hatchback. The engine number is AHW32083927 and the car model is GF-6NAHW. Hope to receive your reply soon. Regards, Johan

Submitted: 26/02/2016 04:31:46 | ID: 128178

Mark smith, Caerphilly

Volkswagen Polo

The boot lock won't unlock with the central locking system all the other four doors work fine with the central locking system but the boot will only unlock independently with the key on my 2004 VW POLO 1.2 S any ideas

Submitted: 25/02/2016 18:20:13 | ID: 128152

godfrey, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

hi guys, what is that makes noise on my left side tyre when I turn the steering , can it be control blushings or bake pads must be changed ?

Submitted: 24/02/2016 10:18:27 | ID: 128098

Linda kumalo, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi my Polo Classic 1.4 2005 had a very bad sound from the water pump so I changed the water pump and installed a new one. My Polo now has a very growling sound each time i change to gear number 3 ,4 and 5. The car sounds like a turbo or a BMW also the car has no power and cant even climb up a steep.

Submitted: 24/02/2016 00:42:55 | ID: 128089

michael, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Why does the water bollte cap come loose after driving awhile?Also excessive heat coming from under driver side paddle box

Submitted: 21/02/2016 16:52:45 | ID: 127969

some time my polo car stop

Submitted: 17/02/2016 22:32:44 | ID: 127792

miftah taha, Ethiopia

Volkswagen Polo

my car has got sound problem i heard different sound in the past 2 weeks the soud comes from AC what can you help me?

Submitted: 17/02/2016 20:17:40 | ID: 127784

MHLARl MILFORD, Australia

Volkswagen Polo

My Car Polo 1.6 2005 Model has a problem of plugs getting wet with bit of oil and become passive. I got advice that its valve Steam seal, however i see no smoke. Can the New thermostat house causes over burning in plugs. I once overhalled de engine and change rings and bearings and smoke stopped after putting valve steam seals. Now am surprised because there is no smoke emitting. Can valve steam seal stop this anomaly?

Submitted: 15/02/2016 20:28:32 | ID: 127651

Rudzani, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

When i put my car on a first gear it moves even on tnr second gear but on the 3rd 4th and 5th when i accelarate the rev count just go up no speed. What could be the problem and it has 38000 on the clock

Submitted: 15/02/2016 14:02:20 | ID: 127629

mthoko, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

The problem with my polo classic is that when u turn the key to start it does not start immediately ,I hav to try 3 to 4 tyms for it to start and the idling is high at about 1000 rpm when standing still. What might b the problem pliz help.

Submitted: 14/02/2016 18:56:43 | ID: 127587

Mulaudzi M.Joel, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I have a Polo Vivo 2011, the ignition is not starting and there is a lamp indicating that there is a problem with the key. Unfortunately the car does not have a spare key. So when I check the manual it says the problem happen when one is using the wrong key. could you please help, I just pack the car in my garage and am struggling to go to work. Regards Mulaudzi M.Joel South Africa

Submitted: 11/02/2016 14:40:31 | ID: 127444

rylene, Central African Republic

Volkswagen Polo

Write your question here...polo 2004 model blm engine did complete motor due to blown head gasket and piston flap put a reconditioned head and new piston but has no compression on number 4 cylinder wat is the problem and also has a continuous miss

Submitted: 10/02/2016 19:14:43 | ID: 127389

pontsho, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

i have a problem with my polo vivo 1.4 power steering the light goes on while am driving but the steering is not stiff what can the problem please help

Submitted: 10/02/2016 18:27:29 | ID: 127384

Egan, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi all,hope everyone is well I have a polo 2004 bah motor vehicle,my car started pinging.i did change the head gasket thinking that was the cause but its not.

Submitted: 10/02/2016 08:34:12 | ID: 127360

Christopher, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

hi there 1.4 I Polo classic 1995 I have recently had a problem now with my engine where the second scylinder has got no compression when the compression test was done, so now it is sent in to see if it is the valve, the compression ring of gasket, but at the same time I want to skim the head , so if any advise can be given with things to watch out for, thanks so much

Submitted: 06/02/2016 20:13:56 | ID: 127220

Steven, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, I have a Polo Vivo Blueline 2012,it recently started giving me problems.it seems like the engine doesn'nt want to take water because everytime i pure in some water it leaks out.I check the pipes,no there is no leak.Everytime i Pure water it goes out hot.Another thing thats confusing is,it doesn't over heat,my heating gage is always at 90 degrees,the water only leak when the engine is running and the car isnt moving,when im driving there are no leaks what so ever,only when i stop it starts leaking.....what could be the cause of this??/

Submitted: 01/02/2016 11:43:05 | ID: 126989

Nikki, Middlesex

Volkswagen Polo

Please can you tell me where the OBD 'plug' is and how to access if it is behind a panel. Thank you

Submitted: 29/01/2016 13:47:41 | ID: 126856

zonke, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I have a polo classic 1.6i and 2007 model. The car does not rev at all. The car start well and does idling but it does it rev when the accelerator being pressed. The engine light EPC its coming up. The car has been ringed and changed the water pump.

Submitted: 26/01/2016 05:59:02 | ID: 126711

Lamont Minnis, Bahamas, The

Volkswagen Polo

Please help. Changed throttle body, EGR, knock sensor and coils still car goes into limp mode. just bought car from overseas and cant drive because car wont go above 5 miles per hr.

Lamont, if the car goes into limp ode then get it plugged into diagnostic to see what fault codes are stored rather than buying random new parts. R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 23/01/2016 19:01:50 | ID: 126589

nathan, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Good day guys I drive a Polo Classic 1.6i, 1998 model, yes it is a fuel injection motor. My car doesn't want to start due to it over fuelling, what can the problem be? I've just serviced it a week ago, it was running fine, but this week is another story. Please could you assist me with any information, thank you?

Submitted: 21/01/2016 08:30:41 | ID: 126466

Filip, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, I bought a 2013 Polo Vivo 1.6 sedan (the Vivo is a Polo made in South Africa) about 3 weeks ago. Tonight when I got home I switched the car off, I then turned the steering wheel while it was off and it locked. I then switched the car on and turned the steering wheel an suddenly the power steering was off. I got it into the garage and switched it off. I thought it might be a leak somewhere, I checked but didn't see any fluid lying around. When I switched the car on again the power steering was back on, I then tested it to see what it does if I turn it off, turn the steering wheel again. The steering wheel locked again but this time the powers teering turned off again. What might cause this? The car is still under warranty luckily. I saw on the previous service records that the steering column was fixed under warranty previously. So I hope it does not have a faulty steering column.

Submitted: 18/01/2016 20:57:31 | ID: 126354

michael, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Polo 1.8 1999 model it won't start it makes plugs wet and a dark air comes out of the exhaust

Submitted: 18/01/2016 16:10:58 | ID: 126338

Liam, Monmouthshire

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I have a vw polo and for some reason it keeps cutting out when on a motorway\ dual carriage way and its also losing a lot of oil but can't seem to find any leaks around the engine bay?

Submitted: 15/01/2016 19:47:18 | ID: 126202

MOHAMMED kHAN, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

HI MY CAR STARTS UP FINE PROBLEM COMES IN WHEN I TAKE OFF AND STOP SOMEWHERE IT SWITCHES OFF AND IF I START IT IT DOESNT GET POWER WHEN I ACCELERATE DIAGNOSTICS SAID SPEED SENSOR I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS ITS LIKE IT GETS TOO MUCH FUEL AND IF IT HOLDS IDLE FOR A WHILE IT TAKES AND I CAN MOVE AGAIN

Submitted: 12/01/2016 15:00:12 | ID: 125998

Rory, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi There I started up my Polo 2005 yesterday and checked my service indicator come up and showed in how many kilometers i need to service the car, great! But this morning when i started up, there is now an additional indicator the comes up after the service spanner indicator and it looks like a clock can someone please help me out... what is this indicator??? i don't have a manual...

Submitted: 09/01/2016 16:00:25 | ID: 125806

victory, South Ayrshire

Volkswagen Polo

Hi de, I have a vw polo classic 1.6 1999,it takes to long 2 start&wen I accelerate it bek fires-wen I drive 15kilos or so it stops by itself then I have 2 start after 45 minutes,cn somebody help guys.....

hi the problem with the vehicle is turbo. mike from South Africa

hi the problem with the vehicle is turbo. mike from South Africa

Submitted: 09/01/2016 03:56:12 | ID: 125787

andile, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I've got a problem with my polo it keeps picking the rev up one way especially when I'm driving on gear number 4&5 and also if I'm on a top gear and I leave the accelerator the car start to accelerate on its own. what could be the problem?

Submitted: 08/01/2016 10:07:50 | ID: 125731

JOHN, Lesotho

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, I have Polo 1.4 petrol automatic. After driving for about 30km, the engine stops and i have to wait for some couple of minutes for it to cool down so as it can drive. when i have to go up the hill, it become more problematic because it cant go up the hill without switching the engine off. I went to my mechanic and ran some diagnostics and the machine shows nothing wrong with the car. I am really troubled because when ever it has driven for 30km, the engine stops and i have to a wait for the car to cool so as i can start the engine. please help

Submitted: 06/01/2016 16:05:51 | ID: 125648

Bongani, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi im Bongani Kovu driving a Polo Vivo 2011 now i bought fog lights,when we try to install the we find out that these no wire ring for fog lights, all are wana now which weri ring and switch must i get,if you dont mind you can send a picture of everything i need to get.

Submitted: 06/01/2016 11:00:24 | ID: 125640

Pravesh, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hello I have a 2001 polo player 1.4. Please can someone tell me what type of spark plugs I can use in my car. Im in South Africa.

Yes, fella, same as the ones you have in there now would be best. R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 06/01/2016 10:43:33 | ID: 125638

Lindelani Mudzanani, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I am Edward I drive polo 1.6 2006 model so when I am driving it every time I reach 190km/h the battery lamp come on can anyone tell me what to do please.

Submitted: 05/01/2016 07:21:00 | ID: 125565

Tshabalala, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My polo vivo 1.4 2010 sedan struggle to start and when it does it drives few metres and the engine temperature will be too hot , what is the cause of this

Submitted: 05/01/2016 05:09:48 | ID: 125564

DAVID, Aberdeenshire

Volkswagen Polo

hi guys can any one help my vw polo 2003 1.2 reversing lights have both failed its not the bulbs iv checked also the obd port is not working iv tried hooking up my scanner to it not detected i think this could be connected as iv read some where any help would be great also just before these issues came to light i had a stuck cassette {music} yes it still has one in it does not work now as cassette wont go in i was told this could be related to my issues please advise

Submitted: 02/01/2016 12:35:03 | ID: 125420

Melrick, Namibia

Volkswagen Polo

I have a vw polo hatchback 1.4 trendline 2007 model.Sometimes my powersteering light comes on and my powersteering fail completely...my abs light also comes on occasionally with a warning sound and at night when i am driving with my lights on, they flicker whenever i use my indicators and also when i brake ,what could be the problem?

Submitted: 30/12/2015 07:50:30 | ID: 125301

Jo-Anne, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I drive a 2002 VW Polo Playa. On Christmas Eve I while driving on the highway (at around 100km/h) i went over something that looked like a bag of wood. I couldn't avoid it as there were cars on all sides of me. The car in front of me could swerve in time but I saw it to late. I thought my car would clear it as it wasn't very big, but unfortunately it didn't. I managed to hit it centered. ( not going over it with my wheels) but I could still here it scratch underneath. Could this have damaged the undercarriage of my car? My right front wheel makes a scratchy or "clacking" sound when I turn sharp right ( as if the wheel scratches against the body or the wheel goes Clack-clack-clack) (pardon the technical terms) It's always done it but now it seems like it's more and louder.

Submitted: 29/12/2015 08:27:57 | ID: 125267