VOLKSWAGEN POLO questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VOLKSWAGEN POLO models. Help and advice on everything VOLKSWAGEN POLO. Feel free to ask and answer as many VOLKSWAGEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VOLKSWAGEN POLO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

mphaka, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Polo gearbox refuses to engage in gear 1,3,5 and reverse gear what is the problem.

Submitted: 21/07/2016 14:54:05 | ID: 133700

Blaise, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

good day, I have a polo 6 2010 1.6 TDi. It has 112 000km on the clock and FSH. This morning I woke up and couldn't engage reverse, any ideas on what the problem could be? My motor planned just ended 3 months ago. All the other gears engage easily, only having trouble engaging reverse. Thanks

Submitted: 20/07/2016 07:22:19 | ID: 133666

Morapedi, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi Sir\Madam,,,,my name is KENNEDY,I'm driving with Polo Vivo 2007 Model,it always gives me problem with overheating,I thought it's a fan switch Bt I replaced it.I jst don't know what exactly the prblm is,because the fan doesn't run.help me to find the problem.

Submitted: 20/07/2016 05:58:51 | ID: 133665

Thole, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My 1998 Polo Classic tends to jerk and loose power when it is cold outside or when driving in cold rainy weather. In sunny weather the car drives like a brand spanking new car!!!! Please assist if possible. Thanks

Submitted: 16/07/2016 19:12:33 | ID: 133576

Vikash ahlawat, India

Volkswagen Polo

My vw polo sounds bad after getting wet underneath, and its sound bad when passes over the braker just in the case when it get wet. And again get normal in a sunny day

Submitted: 15/07/2016 08:03:06 | ID: 133542

FRANS MOLOKWANE, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Please help me..my 2015 polo vivo hatch 1.6 shift the gear leaver when engaged to the fourth gear when you accelerate and it does not have a power when in first gear at the steep. it clocks 14000 ks.

Submitted: 08/07/2016 18:32:00 | ID: 133346

Mark, Luton

Volkswagen Polo

The car steering goes rigid and the engine cuts out I had a new rack fitted and services in March since the the problem has been there I also had a new ignition switch fitted ant ideas.

Submitted: 04/07/2016 23:13:01 | ID: 133254

Sean, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi. I bought a 2006 polo trendline. When the car idles it seems to drop a bit and then picks up again. I notice it by the headlights dimming and becoming bright again. This also happens while turning the steering. Also when selecting reverse the air circulation vent closes, is this normal? Regards

Submitted: 30/06/2016 19:42:51 | ID: 133146

Mthinay, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi! my name is mthinay I need help with my Polo vivo 2010 model.Its been a year now having this problem.Whenever I am driving my car especially slowly but using gear between 3-5,it struggles to move until I change to gear 2 it will then pick up,It will be cutting and giving a loud sound on the exhaust.It only tries to pick up when I press down accelerator,but sometimes will be still jerking.Also when I am not driving but while the engine is in motion,the sound on my exhaust will be cutting as if it running short of breath.i have also replaced the exhaust manifold which was cracked and changed plugs but the problem still continues.Kindly help I am really confused what to do.

Submitted: 30/06/2016 17:21:24 | ID: 133144

Mthinay, South Africa

Submitted: 30/06/2016 17:18:01 | ID: 133143

Rodreagus, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Why does my car keep switching off while driving and while idling and takes long to start?

Submitted: 29/06/2016 20:50:04 | ID: 133109

Mogano, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi my polo vivo just switch off while driving and the abs and hand brake light just appears what could be the problem . Thanks .

Submitted: 29/06/2016 10:22:32 | ID: 133087

Mellisa Dube, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Good Morning, please help me , i drive a Polo Vivo Sedan 2010 model and my indicator, hazards and reverse lights are are not working, but on the dashboard it indicates but on the outside nothing happens. 2: I added water on Sunday and while i was driving home yesterday the water light indicator came on, please advise what could be the problem, I last had it serviced 3 months ago.

Submitted: 29/06/2016 09:29:09 | ID: 133085

Elijah mkhondo, South Ayrshire

Volkswagen Polo

I am driving a polo vivo 1.4, 2012 model. for the past 3 days everytime when i am switching on the heater there is a steam/smoke coming out. What might be the cause of that?

Submitted: 29/06/2016 06:22:25 | ID: 133083

thulani, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I hear a clunking sound when the clucth pedal is released from gear 1-2-3.I replaced the rear drums and drum shoes. I also hear a whining sound.the steering wheel becomes stiffer sometimes and the steering ligth is on I took the car for wheel alignment, after two weeks the car is moving to the lefthand side . It also smell a burning rubber.

Submitted: 24/06/2016 10:13:45 | ID: 132950

thulani, South Africa

Submitted: 24/06/2016 10:06:53 | ID: 132949

Duke, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I am having a challenge with my vw polo 1.4i when i depress the clutch it makes noise. What may be the problem?

Submitted: 23/06/2016 17:50:47 | ID: 132927

Makhoase, Lesotho

Volkswagen Polo

There is a sign that appears every now and then between the water gauge and fuel gauge,what does it mean?

Submitted: 23/06/2016 17:19:09 | ID: 132926

Noel, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I have a Polo Classic 2 L 2003-2005, to fit a tie rod end, is it upside down or other way round please

Submitted: 22/06/2016 09:59:36 | ID: 132872

Amony, Namibia

Volkswagen Polo

Write your question here...what cause warning sound and hand brake light come on when I drive 120KM/per hour on a polo 1.6 petrol, but the brake shoes, brake are new plus the brake fluid are top up?

Submitted: 19/06/2016 15:02:43 | ID: 132798

ashumer, Greater London

Volkswagen Polo

Can you please help? 1999 Polo 5 Dr 1.6cc passed MOT 31 05 2016 My problem is that although the temp gauge is not showing any signs of trouble, and neither do any warning lights, the bonnet gets pretty hot in a couple of spots, in center, almost too hot to touch. Now, I've never had that on the Toyota, so the question is - is this normal? And if not, what can be causing it? ashumer

Submitted: 18/06/2016 19:26:21 | ID: 132772

Warren Waldo Damons, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi my 2004 1.4i vw citi wont start. Shows battery and oil light flashes. There is oil in vehicle and petrol. What can the problem be?

Submitted: 17/06/2016 10:27:09 | ID: 132743

Karen, North Lanarkshire

Volkswagen Polo

Every morning when starting the car it sounds like tin cans rattling, and sometimes cuts out. I need to press on the accelerator slowly for a couple of minutes to build up the power and then the noise just disappears. I have been tod its drawing air and had hoses changed but it has not made any difference. We are stuck.

Submitted: 16/06/2016 10:03:13 | ID: 132714

Riccardo, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, I have 99 model polo classic 1.6mp9. It picked up a miss fire from Friday and I am not sure what is the cause of that. I drove all the way which was about 30kms and before parking the car off this started please assist me. Thank you

Submitted: 12/06/2016 13:21:02 | ID: 132589

mandla, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My automatic millenium polo 2006 model is idling just under 6500rpm and feels like it will cut off. What could be the problem? Mandla South Africa

Submitted: 10/06/2016 13:38:18 | ID: 132526

Floyd, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My Polo 1.4 TDI cuts engine when i move gears from reverse. The other day only the radio switched off and switched back on after a few minutes.

Submitted: 10/06/2016 12:55:36 | ID: 132525

Michelle, Lancashire

Volkswagen Polo

My polo splutters in second gear ONLY. No one can find the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Submitted: 03/06/2016 18:46:27 | ID: 132336

Alroy, Cardiff

Volkswagen Polo

Good day I have a polo 1.6 2009 model, i recently bought a new feul injection pump, but my car still does not want to start.

Submitted: 02/06/2016 11:39:32 | ID: 132279

Nesh, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My VW polo is a 2008 Tiptronic, the tempreture light keeps coming on, generally when you start the car in the morning but when you switch it off and restart the light does not come on what is the problem.

Submitted: 25/05/2016 13:51:38 | ID: 132007

Lee, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi.i have a 2008 vw polo trendline sedan 1.6 I cant seem to locate were the fuse box is situated.look all over.my airbag light is on.just want to check the fuse.tried reseting.but nothing.could be the fuse.please help.

Submitted: 21/05/2016 16:40:49 | ID: 131826

Jonathan, Central African Republic

Volkswagen Polo

Hi there i got a plug that is missing how can i see or what can i do if it is that , that is making my car miss

Submitted: 21/05/2016 06:58:48 | ID: 131799

amy, Greater Manchester

Volkswagen Polo

My car is leaking oil so i have jet washed this and its spraying fresh oil under the bonnet it sees to be coming from the alternator area or near its also ticking over like it wants to start but just not starting at all?

Submitted: 18/05/2016 11:01:02 | ID: 131651

DAVID, Aberdeenshire

Volkswagen Polo

hi all any advice or tips most welcome my cars book has started to unlock/relock by its self its central locking not remote locking the drivers side door key lock worked fine then started getting stiff then the key would not work at all i have to use the passenger side to open and lock the doors

Submitted: 16/05/2016 20:00:43 | ID: 131596

wellington charuma, Armagh

Volkswagen Polo

I was washing my Vw polo gti 2001 I cleaned the engine using water while it was off then when I started it it sound was very different from its usual sound then switched of f the car when I tried to restart it just spark once one when u cranking then it continue cranking what may be the problem help.me please

Submitted: 14/05/2016 18:04:51 | ID: 131516

Thuli, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi guys Thuli here What warning sign does a vw polo vivo issue when the oil is finished? My car starts and then there's a pic of a car and a spanner under it then immidiately dies... NB it's not a service notification sign. It's strictly a car with a spanner under it

Submitted: 14/05/2016 06:26:45 | ID: 131496

Harold Baxter, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My 1.4 Polo trendline has a headlight problem. Everytime I hit a hump in the road my headlights go out. It then stays off. Days later when I hit a hump again, it functions normally. Please advise. Thanks.

Submitted: 08/05/2016 15:19:59 | ID: 131312

mdu, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

hi. my polo has got no hazards, no indicators, no horn, no wipers, no light on speedometer and roof can you please help me on what must I check or buy. thank you

Submitted: 08/05/2016 00:16:38 | ID: 131290

Ian Rogers , Cheshire

Volkswagen Polo

Hi seem to be having a problem selecting 1st gear it's hard to get in when starting off but the rest of Gears ok can you help please

Submitted: 04/05/2016 21:38:39 | ID: 131177

kaizer, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I have a polo 3 2008, the engine runs well but the it cant eccelerate, i have tried to change the ecclerator padle but still it cant eccelerate, iv also change the throttle body but still it cant eccelerate. I domt know what could be the problem. We have tried to diagnose it, but it only shows that the is a fault in the eccelerator padle. What do i do to fix it.

Submitted: 29/04/2016 07:55:37 | ID: 130946

danie, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, my son drive a vw polo classic 2006 1.6 petrol. He change the water pump the marks is on the marks but unable to start.

Submitted: 27/04/2016 15:17:44 | ID: 130888