VOLKSWAGEN POLO questions and answers

VOLKSWAGEN Polo

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VOLKSWAGEN POLO models. Help and advice on everything VOLKSWAGEN POLO. Feel free to ask and answer as many VOLKSWAGEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VOLKSWAGEN POLO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Amogelang, South Africa

My car vibrates when speed reach 100kmh so what the problem

Submitted: 01/09/2014 16:42:46 | ID: 102467

Boom, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I recently bought a POLO TSI 1.2 HIGHLINE and after driving for 2 days with 520k on the clock, moving off from parking at garage it started smelling and later produced smoke from the bonnet so I towed it back to the dealer and 3 days later they tell me that the clutch has burnt and it must have been how I drove the car. Can this happen at this stage? The car is new and this was the first time I had this smell and I am very careful about how I drive. Has anyone heard of a case like this before? What can I do?

Submitted: 01/09/2014 09:26:05 | ID: 102441

enrico, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I have a polo classic 1.6 model 2002 and its very havy on feul what can I do to make it liter on fuel pleas help me

Submitted: 27/08/2014 17:46:27 | ID: 102240

Michelle Davis, Gwent

Volkswagen Polo

I have a polo 1.9 SDI, I had the timing belt and water pump changed in February of this year. Since having this replaced, every morning as soon as I start it up the temperature light comes on, as soon as I drive up the road and turn the engine off and back on again the temperature light goes off and doesn't come on again for the rest of the day. It happens once a day when I turn the engine on. Please help.

Submitted: 27/08/2014 13:00:45 | ID: 102213

lesego mosito, Argyll and Bute

Volkswagen Polo

What makes the car to go slow when it comes to hillway and when is on the level it runs fast.

Submitted: 27/08/2014 12:52:49 | ID: 102212

Hamilton, West Lothian

Volkswagen Polo

How do I change instrument panel from: number of miles left on fuel in tank, to outdoor temperature

Submitted: 22/08/2014 22:21:53 | ID: 101955

Arthur, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I have a Polo 1.6 TDI 2014. Do you start and go or warm it up when it`s stayed overnight? If you have to warm it up, how many minutes does it have to idle? If you took a long trip, when you reach your destination do you have to let it idle before you can switch it off?

Submitted: 21/08/2014 17:33:09 | ID: 101884

FAICEL, Greater London

Volkswagen Polo

Where do you disconnect your speedometer?

Submitted: 21/08/2014 12:01:40 | ID: 101862

c Starrett, Oxfordshire

Volkswagen Polo

I have a VW Polo 1.2. I had a full service and since that it is losing oil but there is none on the driveway and no smoke. I need to put in half a litre every 30 miles. Where is the oil going?

Submitted: 20/08/2014 16:56:48 | ID: 101825

Sonia, Nottinghamshire

Volkswagen Polo

I recently went to drive my Polo 1.2 2002 hatchback and noticed when I used The parking brake the floor plate that the handbrake sits on lifts up, so my parking brake is in an upright position past the 3 clicks. Is it missing a bolt/ screw or welding come away as I can't see any missing bits? Can anyone help?

Submitted: 19/08/2014 02:04:34 | ID: 101742

frank, North Somerset

Volkswagen Polo

My Polo 2 1.4 is stalling when I take off and misfires when idling, sometimes backfires when revving ..slow response ..What can the problem be?

Submitted: 18/08/2014 23:10:13 | ID: 101738

Philani Ngwenya, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi Guys Can you please help, i am driving a VW Polo Playa 2001 model 1.4, recently it burned the voltage regulator and i have changed it, looked like it burned it again and i am not sure what might be the issue anymore...any advise ? Best Regards Philani

Submitted: 18/08/2014 12:55:40 | ID: 101700

Tertius Grobbelaar, Berkshire

Volkswagen Polo

good day ! my polo 2004 model 16 ,if i take the keys out off the exnition the speedo and clock stayn on the whole time and all of a suden the alarm light in the door does not go on ,please help

Submitted: 18/08/2014 07:47:41 | ID: 101677

Roelof, South Africa

Submitted: 17/08/2014 10:58:00 | ID: 101629

jonathan, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I have a Polo classic 1.6 1998 model but the van doesn't kick in when im driving and the speed meter and petrol meter doesn't work.Can you assist me regarding this matter PLEASE?

Submitted: 16/08/2014 12:58:00 | ID: 101586

jonathan, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I have a polo classic 1998 model 1.6 but the van doesnt kick in when im driving and the milleage and petrol meter doesnt work can yu help me please

Submitted: 16/08/2014 12:55:28 | ID: 101585

Lebo, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Good Day Could you please assist with a recurring problem on my polo playa 1.4 s. The clutch cable comes off every once in a while. The cable comes off at the pedal and i have in the last six months changed it 3 times. the car drives for a few weeks and it snaps off again. Is this a common problem and is there a permanent solution?

Submitted: 16/08/2014 08:05:26 | ID: 101568

Mr. Adam Holmes, West Yorkshire

Volkswagen Polo

Hi all, When I push the brake pedal, the rear fog light symbol appear on the dash board. As well as this when I indicater right the rear fog light symbol also flash? Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Submitted: 15/08/2014 17:25:00 | ID: 101555

meyrick flanegan, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi there. I have a 2010 polo vivo hatchback. Yesterday I left my lights on and it drained the battery. Now for some reason the airbag light wont go off and also the head lights no longer beep when they are on and the car engine is off and the door is open. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Submitted: 14/08/2014 20:43:27 | ID: 101502

Joshua, Greater London

Volkswagen Polo

I have a VW Polo 2007 1.4 tdi and I am looking to change the radio to Pioneer FH-X700BT Double Din Car CD Player. Is the new radio compatible with my car and what problems will I encounter?

Submitted: 12/08/2014 11:48:30 | ID: 101369

Lebo, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

We have changed the engine and now the car does not want to start. Does anyone know why?

Submitted: 11/08/2014 13:33:13 | ID: 101323

Errol, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I have a Polo 1.6 2007 model yesterday I washed the engine and now the engine shakes. What could be the problem?

Clean the spark plugs, water has gone into it Tarini from India

Clean the spark plugs, water has gone into itTarini from India

Submitted: 11/08/2014 12:02:32 | ID: 101314

lebogang, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I own a polo 1.6 2012 model every time I lock the doors the alarm turns on and it wont stop even when I unlock and lock the doors again can anyone tell me what to do in that regard thanks

Submitted: 11/08/2014 09:09:09 | ID: 101305

Angela Ross-Gamble , Gloucestershire

Volkswagen Polo

How much does it cost to have a new oil pump installed

Submitted: 08/08/2014 20:59:25 | ID: 101174

Joe, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I bought a 2nd hand 2L engine but it idles erratically. Whenever I drive in peak traffic the car overheat but once on the move driving faster, the temperature come down to normal. Any help out there?

Submitted: 07/08/2014 20:16:09 | ID: 101096

Nawaaz, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, i want to ask if a 2007 polo gti dashboard will fit into my 2006 polo 1.4 trendline??

Submitted: 07/08/2014 16:23:18 | ID: 101083

keith, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My electric window does not work,it is the back window on the right hand side of the car. All the other windows are fine and working.What could be wrong?

Submitted: 07/08/2014 12:31:48 | ID: 101070

Anthony Dowdell, West Sussex

Volkswagen Polo

Hi. I wondered if you could give any idea as to why my polo loses power when I change gear and the ignition light comes on and then it vibe rates badly when I throttle up seems very strange and a job to explain I would be gratefully if you have any suggestions. Many thanks for your time

Submitted: 06/08/2014 20:18:06 | ID: 101037

Elena, Cyprus

Volkswagen Polo

The stereo in the car was replaced a few years back but did not receive all available stations so we had the original stereo installed back. All the lights switch on, except from the screen and the radio does not work at all. Any suggestions to why this may be happening and how to fix it?? Thank you in advance

Submitted: 06/08/2014 17:45:27 | ID: 101027

dixon, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I have gauges flashing on the dashboard. What does it mean?

Submitted: 06/08/2014 09:06:55 | ID: 101000

ndumiso, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi!please help,my polo classic 1999 model had reached 300000kms on the clock and recounted the kms from 0.I recently changed the cambelt and tensions and did a major service.As i was done with everything the vehicle started and idled normally,as i took a test drive of about 50kms the vehicles engine cut out.I tried to swing the engine but no success,even kick starting it never helped so eventually i had it towed away.WHAT WENT WRONG IN THIS SITUATION AND HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP!!!!!please help :-(

Submitted: 05/08/2014 21:33:09 | ID: 100983

colman murray, Meath

Volkswagen Polo

Need to no how to take the sump off my vw mpi engine on a vw polo

Submitted: 03/08/2014 21:27:46 | ID: 100854

Percy Ownhouse, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi..the boot button on the remote opens the boot and the left front door...and the central locking switch on the drivers side door locks all doors except the front left door..please advise.. Thanks Percy

Submitted: 02/08/2014 10:31:12 | ID: 100758

kagiso, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, my car has a problem that when i start it it doesnt idle on its own, i have to press on the excellerator to keep it idling or to keep the engine running. if i take my foot off the excellerator then the car just switches off. what could be the problem though?

Submitted: 01/08/2014 15:44:34 | ID: 100719

john kenyon, Aberdeenshire

Volkswagen Polo

How much would a VW Polo rubber door seal for the driver`s door cost?

Submitted: 01/08/2014 12:41:11 | ID: 100709

Kurt, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

What engine oil must I use on a polo 5 1.6i comfortline 2012 model?

Submitted: 31/07/2014 19:22:39 | ID: 100675

kkfortoen@gmail.com, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I got a polo playa it have a AFV engine in when I pull off in 1st gear it sound like it hold back for a few seconds then it it opens then it move like a bomb . What can the problem be pls help someone who had the same problem

Submitted: 31/07/2014 18:24:47 | ID: 100667

kay, Essex

Volkswagen Polo

Eps, abs and check engine lights are on. What could the problem be?

Happens to me all the time, been told it's either a faulty fuse which seems to bring those three on or a minor fault with the exhaust. Mine always seem to come on, normally when my foot isn't on either the brake or accelerator. Had mine looked at loads and garages can never find a fault. Weird innit ! Jay from Merseyside

Submitted: 31/07/2014 06:49:48 | ID: 100632

che, New Zealand

Volkswagen Polo

Hello. Please can you help me? Can the tail lights from a 98 VW Polo 5 door hatchback fit on a 99 VW Polo 5 door hatchback?

Submitted: 30/07/2014 21:05:08 | ID: 100610

Thokozani, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My polo have a problem of a steering so if you guys can help me what must I do I am using a polo 5 also known as bhujho 2007 model 1.4 engine,my steering is a power one

Hi Thokozani You will need to be specific on what's the actual problem with your steering. Regards Philani Philani Ngwenya from South Africa

Submitted: 29/07/2014 18:49:41 | ID: 100564