VOLKSWAGEN POLO questions and answers

VOLKSWAGEN Polo

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VOLKSWAGEN POLO models. Help and advice on everything VOLKSWAGEN POLO. Feel free to ask and answer as many VOLKSWAGEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VOLKSWAGEN POLO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Breek, East Dunbartonshire

Volkswagen Polo

My Polo has been dormant for a long period of time and have charged the battery and the engine is not even engaging, although the lights are on and electrics are working.......could this be the spark plug that has an issue?...........any suggestions?

Submitted: 01/03/2015 14:55:50 | ID: 112541

tumelo, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

VW Polo 2006 1.6. The car has no power, I removed the battery and installed it again and it just won't show any power. ..I turn the ignition and it just won't power. ...everything is off...the radio and everything is off....Please help

Submitted: 25/02/2015 13:29:52 | ID: 112306

Mo, Surrey

Volkswagen Polo

My car alarm keeps going off and the only way to stop it is to fiddle with the remote opener, but that does not stop it for too long. Any advice how to reset /stop the problem?

Submitted: 24/02/2015 13:28:58 | ID: 112246

Arben, Kosovo

Volkswagen Polo

Heating switch problem, it is blowing hot air only. Switch goes to both sides but at the ends not easy and it's making noise.

Submitted: 21/02/2015 18:39:08 | ID: 112055

Annette, Essex

Volkswagen Polo

An orange round light has came on the dash - what is the problem?

Submitted: 20/02/2015 15:03:06 | ID: 111957

willie, Cornwall

Volkswagen Polo

My r/h back door locks on central locking but will not always unlock. Where can I look for this problem?

Submitted: 19/02/2015 10:40:32 | ID: 111867

mark foster, Hampshire

Volkswagen Polo

Hi. The car starts and runs perfectly but the rev counter, speedo and digital displays aren't functioning? Regards

Submitted: 18/02/2015 18:43:37 | ID: 111828

oupa, Aberdeenshire

Hi, I have a problem with my Polo, doesn't give petrol and fire. Please help

Submitted: 17/02/2015 14:32:01 | ID: 111725

Lucky, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi. I'm driving a Polo Vivo 2010 Model, my problem is my car shows the airbag sign on the screen and it`s never been in an accident?Regards

Submitted: 17/02/2015 12:51:39 | ID: 111720

Sally, Essex

Volkswagen Polo

Had a service on my vw polo last week and also a cam belt changed, on Saturday I lost power and blue smoke started smoking from exhaust, now been informed that I need a new fuel pump and injector seals! Wondering whether this should have been picked up and reported to me on service! Many thanks hope you an help

Submitted: 16/02/2015 16:18:22 | ID: 111659

william, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My A/C pump doesn't want to engage, if you switch on you can hear a kick but it does not come on. If you put power direct from the battery it kicks in and blows cold air. Can I drive with direct connection?

Submitted: 16/02/2015 09:27:35 | ID: 111636

graf, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

hi i have a polo 1.6 2005 model comfortline ,the car is jerking and does not have power,i have changed the coil pack,spark plugs and the plug cables but it remains the same pliz advise mi on what i should do as the problem is still persisting

Submitted: 15/02/2015 12:58:32 | ID: 111586

Alex van der Spuy, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

How do I line up sender wheel on crank rear main seal for a Polo 1.4 blm engine?

Submitted: 10/02/2015 15:38:01 | ID: 111277

Yousif Ibrahim, Sudan

I'have VW Polo Model 2001 MPI I' need Fuse Box Diagram

Submitted: 10/02/2015 11:30:46 | ID: 111256

claire hopes, Hertfordshire

Volkswagen Polo

My clutch pedal has fallen off from the pedal box. Is this fixable ? How much will it cost?

Submitted: 07/02/2015 09:42:49 | ID: 111046

Marchel, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, I drive a Polo classic 2003 model 1.6 Comfortline. My abs light is on. What can possiblly be wrong?

Submitted: 06/02/2015 09:44:51 | ID: 110988

alex, France

Volkswagen Polo

HI I have a Polo 1.4 PD TDI, the car has a leaky rear caliper passenger side. Seems to be where the handbrake cable goes in the back of the caliper. I had a look and couldn't see any brake fluid on disc, just on back of caliper. Will I need to change the complete unit or is there a seal somewhere that can be replaced? Your help and advice would be most welcome.

Submitted: 05/02/2015 20:38:10 | ID: 110975

khutlang, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I have got Polo 1.4 petrol it sound like as if it is using diesel its an automatic what causes that?

Submitted: 05/02/2015 06:34:25 | ID: 110919

Wesley, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, I have a Polo 6 2012 model. The light that indicates that my aircon in the car is on, doesn't go on at all and I think also that it has an effect on the actual aircon. what do I do

Submitted: 04/02/2015 12:49:57 | ID: 110874

rastonzulu@gmail.com, Zambia

Volkswagen Polo

I have a 2006 VW Polo, 1.6ltr Auto transmission. Please assist. The rev count just cuts on its own when driving, it falls no matter how much I press peddle, then it picks for a few momments cuts or falls again. When driving a hill it completely loses power, but when driving a slop, atleast it can move, it also makes a loud buzzing sound when press hard. What could be the problem as it is not showing on diagnostic machine.

Submitted: 04/02/2015 10:37:42 | ID: 110854

maria perri, Australia

Volkswagen Polo

Car won't start every second day then have to wait half hour before starts. Taken to 3x different mechanics but can't find what's wrong with it. Please help!

Submitted: 04/02/2015 00:46:31 | ID: 110841

Patrick, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi my car everytime i change gear while im driving theres a noise like taping coming out , sometimes when i release a clukch pedal or mybe i should change gearbox oil .

Submitted: 03/02/2015 07:59:58 | ID: 110779

Lionel, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, my 2004 VW Polo drives a distance and then suddenly loses power and cuts out. I have changed the coil and plug cables and the fuel pump and serviced the car yet it`s doing the same thing. No problem is picked up on the diagnostics and no one seems to know what the problem is. I don`t know what else to do?

Hi, I had the same problem but my lights on speedo cluster came on too. I took it to VW and they installed an extra earth cable and since then it`s ok, not fine but ok.karel from South Africa

Submitted: 02/02/2015 12:13:11 | ID: 110731

Zeke Zongerella, Middlesex

Volkswagen Polo

Hi Forum Members, 31/01/15 I have a VW Polo 1997 r reg 1.4l hatch back, which runs quite well with one exception. Whenever, I brake hard. it won't move again with out a thump and a jerk. Can any one tell me if replacing the disc brakes would solve the problem or would it be something else? Any suggestions or comments will be highly appreciated. zeke

Submitted: 31/01/2015 17:00:33 | ID: 110631

Yusrie Achmat, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

What is wrong with my car if I have to replace the spark plugs almost every month. the oil make the plugs wet

oil rings are probably damaged and you might wanna overhaul the engine there graf from South Africa

Submitted: 31/01/2015 08:30:30 | ID: 110607

colin, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I have a polo classic 1.8i which drives nicely but all of a sudden my clutch pedal dropped and I couldn't select any gears unless I switch the car off and select the gear then it worked so can anybody advise me what I need to do ?must I replace the clutch and pressure plate or just the selector pin and plate

Submitted: 30/01/2015 15:31:26 | ID: 110550

wendell, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi i have a polo classic millennium 2002 that over heats but i cant find the thermostat. please tell me where its located

Submitted: 30/01/2015 13:34:46 | ID: 110544

malcolm, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi I hav a polo playa 1.4 and my epc light and engine light also my oil light stays on wen my car is switched off bt wen I start it it goes off I checked all the fuse and even took out the battery terminal n put it back bt stil nting can someone pls help

Submitted: 29/01/2015 06:19:03 | ID: 110466

nicolaart, Russia

Volkswagen Polo

How to remove the drive of the lock of the hatch of a gasoline tank of a polo heth 2005-2009 it is established in a niche on the right in a luggage carrier, and it is attached by which screw of a head it isn't visible. I removed plastic slips on a back right rack, but it didn't help. :( If to disassemble the hatch of a gasoline tank having taken out from it a plastic slip that can, and I will see something, but really it is a task for the gynecologist? And I am simply Russian engineer. Thanks to all who responded.

Submitted: 28/01/2015 19:13:06 | ID: 110431

John pickering, West Yorkshire

Volkswagen Polo

How do you switch front fog lights on and off?

Submitted: 26/01/2015 22:10:56 | ID: 110348

Roche, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

hi. I've taken a long trip today, and I've driven between 120-160 kms on my trip. when i got in town and drove at a normal speed, as soon as i put the car in 5th gear while driving, it makes a buzzing sound, but only in 5th. what could it be?

Submitted: 25/01/2015 13:50:21 | ID: 110264

jade, Yorkshire

Volkswagen Polo

Another problem I have is my car started pulling to the left when I was driving. So got the tracking done and they said there was nothing wrong with the tracking. So we swapped the front wheels with the back. So it no longer pulled to the left when driving only when reversing. So we swapped the right and left back wheels around but it seems to still pull to the left when reversing. Do you recogn I need to change my wheel as it might not be alighed with the bent properly or could it be another problem?

Submitted: 23/01/2015 13:54:32 | ID: 110170

jade, Yorkshire

Volkswagen Polo

Hi everyone. I have a polo Twist 1.2 and it has been a nightmare since day one. My current problems are my alarm systemsome times dont work. At first I started using the button on my keys to lock and unlock my car but it didnt always work so I started to use my keys. Whilst using my keys I unlock my car go for a drive and as soon as I park up and try to lock my car the alarm system doesn't come on. This has happen about 2-3 with the automatic button my keys and twice with manually opening with the keys. The next day it seems to come back on and I am not sure how or why. I have used my spare keys as well as reopened the car, reclosed all the door, started the engine and yet nothing. any ideas?

Submitted: 23/01/2015 13:50:55 | ID: 110169

tshepo, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi, I am driving a Polo 1.6 comfortline 2006 model and it shows me the air bag light and when I start it shows oil with the tool?

Submitted: 21/01/2015 10:58:09 | ID: 110018

Goshen, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

My VW Polo 6 sedan doesn't want to idle. I stopped at the traffic lights and when I wanted to drive off I realised the car is not idling. I then tried to turn the ignition on and it just cranks but it doesn't want to idle. I suspect the fuse and I opened the fuse box only to realise that there are no markings or layout info. I would appreciate if someone can tell me what seems to be the problem here?

Submitted: 20/01/2015 14:27:27 | ID: 109941

Martin, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi. I`ve got a VW Polo 1.6 classic 2002 model. The engine has been completely overhauled, block is done, new pistons, rings, oil pump, water pump etc put in. When driving, after 10-15 km, the oil light comes on. Switch the car off while driving and back on after 2 min and the light is gone/ After 10-15 km again the same story. Any idea where to check? I changed my oil filter, new oil etc but nothing helps. Any help will do and accepted, thanks.

Submitted: 19/01/2015 11:09:55 | ID: 109846

Marchel, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

Hi,im driving a polo classic 2003 comfort line. I bought the car with the abs light on. How can I remove the abs light.

Submitted: 17/01/2015 21:43:30 | ID: 109750

Mike, South Africa

Volkswagen Polo

I was replacing headlights, there were still off, then I took out fuses to check if they are okay. when I try to start the car is cranking. what must I do to fix it

Submitted: 17/01/2015 18:42:32 | ID: 109741

Lee, Norfolk

Volkswagen Polo

Why does my VW Polo. Keep blowing fuses or bulb's & now the headlight's keep going off ?.. I have replaced the electric mirrors fuse twice now also.

Submitted: 16/01/2015 18:39:31 | ID: 109680

Mark Peaece, Hampshire

Volkswagen Polo

I have a 1600 polo estate sometimes it will be differcult to start and wont idle at all,stalling at every junction. then the next its fine,but when it does this thing not starting it drives erraticly. Now it won,t start at all, went to change spark plugs and looks like I have to take air filter housing off.

Submitted: 16/01/2015 16:53:39 | ID: 109675