VOLKSWAGEN BORA questions and answers

VOLKSWAGEN Bora

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VOLKSWAGEN BORA models. Help and advice on everything VOLKSWAGEN BORA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VOLKSWAGEN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VOLKSWAGEN BORA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

samm, Hampshire

Volkswagen Bora

I have cracked my sump and want to know if there are any other sumps which fit my model as I am looking at £300 for a new one. Any help would be great.

Submitted: 26/08/2014 20:16:30 | ID: 102176

William rand, Angus

Volkswagen Bora

which fuse controls the relay for beeper when the lights are left on and key taken out of ignition and where would i find fuse and or relay

Submitted: 14/08/2014 11:31:25 | ID: 101464

William rand, Angus

Volkswagen Bora

The lighting warning buzzer does not sound - what could be wrong?

Submitted: 14/08/2014 00:16:35 | ID: 101448

Vuyo Mbira, South Africa

Volkswagen Bora

Hi, My Bora V5 2000 model has started a habit of flashing Stop and writing: "Oil press. Stop motor". When I stop the engine and start again, it does not show anymore then starts again after driving for few Kilometers. What's the cause of this or where does it lead to?Is it a dirty oil in the sump, oil filter problem or maybe the oil pump dying?

Submitted: 02/07/2014 21:02:09 | ID: 98869

sifiso, South Africa

Volkswagen Bora

The bettery light on the cluster doesn't go off even if I rev the car , what might be da problems

Submitted: 19/06/2014 17:19:44 | ID: 98044

ernest moloi, Lesotho

Volkswagen Bora

I have v5 Bora.It battling to start and sometimes it losses power like it cuts petrol or is not firing but it doesn't switch off and start going.can somebody help

Submitted: 17/06/2014 20:46:37 | ID: 97926

Chris douvaras, South Africa

Volkswagen Bora

I have a jetta v5 125kw (bora) Engine keeps switching off while driving i and then battle to start again The cat has been replaced by a normal exhaust Is it ok to remove the exhaust sensors without effecting reliability and performance of engine The car has done 270,000 km and vw dealers charge a lot of money for a replacement cat When engine is not switching off i get plenty of power Please can anyone advise

Submitted: 11/06/2014 11:55:57 | ID: 97416

ian, Newport

Volkswagen Bora

Why does my car keep revving when I slow down?

Submitted: 09/06/2014 18:27:58 | ID: 97302

Jewel, Trinidad and Tobago

Volkswagen Bora

How many coil packs does a VW Bora have?

Submitted: 08/06/2014 04:28:25 | ID: 97172

Muguse, Zimbabwe

Volkswagen Bora

My 2003 VW Bora V5 ,2.3 engine starts well but now it wont rev when idling or accelerate when I floor the gas pedal

Submitted: 31/05/2014 10:36:21 | ID: 96572

Tomas Cooley, Ireland

Volkswagen Bora

hi there, I am driving a 2000 1.9 TDI 90BHP Bora. This morning I let my foot off the clutch when it was in gear. So it jerked forward, turned off etc. No big deal. However, the oil light came on and beeped for 5 seconds. I turned off the car, checked the oil and there was plenty in the tank. I drove it as normal after and no other light came on. Is this something to worry about?

Submitted: 07/05/2014 09:03:19 | ID: 95198

Adi, Blackpool

Volkswagen Bora

Hi there i bought a vw bora 1.9 tdi 90 bhp. Since i bought the there is noise coming from frontside passenger Wheel on uneven road surface.. i have already changed wishbone, balljoint, front axel drop links aswell And was quite sure it will go, but its still there, garage people told me that it could be shock mount or something can some one advise please... As i av already spent alot on it .... Adi 07527590005

Try to check the Control Armbushes. Vuyo Mbira from South Africa

Submitted: 17/04/2014 19:07:44 | ID: 94375

sue, Blackpool

Volkswagen Bora

my car makes a noise when i brake or in a low gear at first i thought it was brakes grinding but ive had it in two garages and they say discs and brakes are fine and bearings are ok they cant seem to find problem when they put it on ramp it dosnt do it only does it when its low loading

Submitted: 12/04/2014 18:22:04 | ID: 94141

femi, Argyll and Bute

Volkswagen Bora

My gearbox is not selecting

Submitted: 12/04/2014 17:39:51 | ID: 94138

John, Ireland

Volkswagen Bora 2000

I have a diesel Volkswagen Bora 90bhp and in the mornings it’s a bit slow to start. It starts first time but it takes a few seconds and you need to give a bit of a rev. When the car is warm there’s no problem. Can anyone help?

Could be one of two things. Firstly the tandem pumps on the side of the engine fail and they suck air in over night so you vehicle has to prime its self before it will start in the morning. Or the injector seals have given up and this will also give you the same problem. The injector seals are around £40 per set and the tandem pump can be priced from £150 to £230 depending on where you get one from. Its a very common problem with the VWs. Hope this helps. Pete Slater from England

Submitted: 20/03/2014 11:52:45 | ID: 63039

Thuso Dalom Kgaboyarona, Botswana

Volkswagen Bora 1999

My Volkswagen Bora is flashing Oil while driiving and the instrument cluster says Stop. I changed the oil light switch but the problem is still there. I changed the oil and the oil filter, so what might the problem be?

Submitted: 04/03/2014 09:15:07 | ID: 62528

Amr Abouelatta, Egypt

Volkswagen Bora 2001

Sometimes my Volkswagen Bora stalls while moving, especially at low speed. Any help? (1600 cc automatic)

Submitted: 14/02/2014 15:25:29 | ID: 90924

Michael Siwale, Zambia

Volkswagen Bora 2004

I have just changed my front brake pads on my 2004 Volkswagen Bora but the dashboard still reads check brake pads. What could the problem be?

Hi Michael, with the front brake pads the most common cause of the brake check light is incorrectly fitted or damaged sensor/cable/connection. Check the the sensor is tight in its connection, also check for possible cable damage. Hope this helps you. Tom from Ireland

Submitted: 06/02/2014 14:09:45 | ID: 61781

Moamed Orha, England

Volkswagen Bora 2003

What is the quantity of oil used in the gearbox for an automatic 2003 Volkswagen Bora?

Submitted: 30/01/2014 11:24:08 | ID: 61469

Josephine Mcgrath, County Down

Volkswagen Bora 2001

I`ve put new brake pads and discs front and back of my Volkswagen Bora as well as a new caliper and master cylinder but I still have weak brakes. Can anybody please help?

Submitted: 28/01/2014 11:12:45 | ID: 56005

Chris Nicholson, England

Volkswagen Bora 2001

My Volkswagen Bora`s power steering works now and again but not all of the time, but there is plenty of fluid in the reservoir. Any ideas please?

Submitted: 20/01/2014 09:57:03 | ID: 65556

Mohamad Hasan, Egypt

Volkswagen Bora 2000

I have a Volkswagen Bora model 2000. There is a sensor for the trunk in the screen but not the 4 doors. Is this right and can it be modified to instal a sensor for the doors in the screen?

Submitted: 14/01/2014 09:23:46 | ID: 60662

Tsikai Chinembiri, Zimbabwe

Volkswagen Bora 1999

Hi everyone. I bought a second hand Volkswagen Bora recently. The car is difficult to start and only starts sometimes, especially after the engine has cooled down. If I try to drive it the car accelerates without any problem and I travel almost 400km without any problem. My problem is that when the car starts, it does not idle for more than 10 minutes and in most cases it can fail to start for the whole day, but would suddenly start the following day. Can you please assist?

Submitted: 10/01/2014 10:15:47 | ID: 60530

Phil Watkins, Ireland

Volkswagen Bora 1999

Hi. My Volkswagen Bora`s parking lights on the right hand side of the car (both front and back) don`t work. I checked the fuses and everything seems okay. How do I fix this please?

Submitted: 03/01/2014 08:30:27 | ID: 60190

Alan Griffin, Warwickshire

Volkswagen Bora 2000

My Volkswagen Bora’s boot is closed but the dash flashes that it is open and makes a beeping noise. What should I do?

Hi, most likely a faulty boot latch mechanism, which incorporates the switch, it could be a short within the wiring although less likely. Martin (Master technician 20+ years) from England

Submitted: 24/12/2013 10:31:19 | ID: 59618

Solen Cresla, South Africa

Volkswagen Bora 2003

Hi. I noticed when I was trying to start my Volkswagen Bora an abs light came on then disappeared after the car started. Plus an alternator workshop light sometimes comes on and sometimes it doesn’t, though I checked my side fuse box and re clicked all of them and now that`s fine. Any suggestions please? (1.9 TDI)

Submitted: 17/12/2013 15:27:38 | ID: 59415

Wayne, England

Volkswagen Bora 2002

I have recently changed my cv on my Volkswagen Bora`s front passenger, since then it has started squeaking,. I have changed the pads and the disk is fine. I`ve had it looked at twice and can`t find the problem. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 10/12/2013 15:16:06 | ID: 59066

Neal King, Jamaica

Volkswagen Bora 2002

Does a 2002 Volkswagen Bora have a rain sensor?

Submitted: 09/12/2013 15:06:42 | ID: 58935

Kabelo Mamabolo, South Africa

Volkswagen Bora 2003

My Volkswagen Bora golf 4 does not idle, it has a high rev count and it will not reach 140 speed. What could be wrong?

Submitted: 05/12/2013 11:47:41 | ID: 58787

Gareth Vaughan, Blaenau Gwent

Volkswagen Bora 2002

Hi. I have a 2002 Volkswagen Bora tdi 6 speed 130. I had the clutch changed in it and solid fly wheel. It was okay when I had it back but now it has started to vibrate and sounds like there’s a bag of bolts in the gearbox in between 1000 revs and 2000 revs. After 2000 revs this noise does go. A friend said this could be the diff but does anyone have any idea what it could be? Thanks. (1.9 tdi)

Submitted: 26/11/2013 14:30:24 | ID: 58661

Ejeh Lucky, England

Volkswagen Bora 2000

My Volkswagen Bora cannot accelerate past 100 k/h. What is causing this?

Submitted: 29/10/2013 11:59:43 | ID: 56906

Karan Anderson, Fife and Kinross Shires

Volkswagen Bora 2005

My Volkswagen Bora`s brake pedal keeps kicking back at me every time I brake. What could this be as I have replaced pads and discs?

Submitted: 25/10/2013 12:13:19 | ID: 56660

Michael Siwale, Zambia

Volkswagen Bora 2004

I recently bought a Volkswagen Bora and now it has a squeaky sound every time I start moving which goes after a while but this disturbs me most of the time. It all started when I ran over some hump I didn’t see. The funny sound is coming from the front right wheel. What could the problem be?

sounds like a wheel bearing’s gone. Wayne Whelan from Ireland

Submitted: 22/10/2013 15:22:25 | ID: 75111

Ihetu Emmanuel, Nigeria

Volkswagen Bora 2001

I have a Volkswagen Bora and ever since I changed the automatic gear shaft it`s refused to select gear. Why is this?

Submitted: 21/10/2013 14:50:37 | ID: 56417

Sem Kanhu, Namibia

Volkswagen Bora 1999

I have serviced my Volkswagen Bora but it stil indicating service? The engine is moving or shaking when it`s on? What should I do? (2.0)

Did you service the car yourself? If you have, take the service light off manually. Keep the ignition off, press and hold button o o, turn ignition switch on, release button o o, press and release minute button ,turn ignition off. You did not say if your car is petrol or diesel. If your car is petrol it could be an ignition pack, needs replacing James McKernon from County Antrim

Submitted: 10/10/2013 16:25:49 | ID: 56164

Madaline Downey, County Down

Volkswagen Bora 2001

The car light on the dash of my Volkswagen Bora keeps flashing. The ecu unit is okay and I`ve replaced the ignition barrel, but the light keeps flashing and the car won`t start. Any suggestions please?

My Bora did the same and every time it flashed I’d stop the car immediately and pull off the battery cables wait then put them back on, what a hassle! Well being short of cash for a while (people will not recommend this) I fuelled up on cheap petrol. The light has not come on in three months! This probably hasn’t helped, but is just my experience. Colleen Mason from Australia

Submitted: 23/08/2013 10:12:44 | ID: 53473

Olatunde Ogundipe, Nigeria

Volkswagen Bora 2003

My Volkswagen Bora 2003 model is overheating. The fans are working and coolant is not leaking.The garage mechanic said it`s the gasket that`s not returning water and it`s failing. Please can anyone tell me what the cause could be? (5 speed, manual transmission)

Submitted: 05/04/2013 10:45:39 | ID: 92667

Julie, Australia

Volkswagen Bora 2002

Hi. I have just bought my Volkswagen Bora secondhand. When I open the driver`s door to get in there is a noise of something adjusting. I hear this same noise about three times when I put it in reverse and the same again when I put it back to drive. There are no electronics for mirrors or seats. Does anyone have any idea of what it might be trying to adjust please?

I have found it on my VW Polo. Also I think it is the reverse sensor on the box. shaun from South Africa

Submitted: 04/04/2013 12:31:08 | ID: 92619

Pearse McGarry, County Londonderry

Volkswagen Bora 2002

My Volkswagen Bora has developed a knocking noise from the engine and sometimes there is a slight miss from the engine and it loses power. I would very much appreciate input as my mechanic doesn`t seem to know what the problem is. Any ideas?

Not sure; did your mechanic check out the fly wheel? James McKernon from County Antrim

I have the same problem with my 2003 bora 1.9 tdi pd 150. Have u managed to figure out what the problem is? I am taking mine to the garage tomorrow so will see. Nemo from West Yorkshire

Submitted: 04/04/2013 09:46:21 | ID: 92470

Craig Edwards, Blaenau Gwent

Volkswagen Bora 2000

My 2000 Volkswagen Bora tdi 115 SE is missing or losing power. I had the air flow checked which was fine, but trying to build up speed the car just judders. If anyone can help please?

Submitted: 12/02/2013 16:33:53 | ID: 67577