VAUXHALL ZAFIRA questions and answers

VAUXHALL Zafira

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL ZAFIRA models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL ZAFIRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL ZAFIRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Hugh Morrison, Antrim

I get a bang when I go from drive to reverse sometimes as its changeing when driving it is coming from ofside front

Submitted: 23/05/2015 18:13:07 | ID: 116387

kiley, Essex

Im having trouble getting my car into gear when its running i can get it into gear when its not running can you help please thankyou

Submitted: 20/05/2015 09:59:29 | ID: 116251

michael hoyle, West Yorkshire

hi in the past couple of days when i start my car revs are at 1200 at idle speed, i drive the car for about 10 miles and the car is still idleing at 1200 rpm, it only drops to between 700 and 800 rpm when i put my a/c on, could you please help me in diagnosing the problem, thanks michael

Submitted: 16/05/2015 19:42:34 | ID: 116112

Aaron Williams, West Midlands

I have 02 zafira with a couple of issues... car starts but revs to 2000 revs for about 5 second's with the oil light flickering but after that it barely holds tick off and and lights go off apart from the engine management please help

Submitted: 16/05/2015 15:15:45 | ID: 116100

Janet, Kent

I have a 2001 petrol (automatic) engine won't start all dashboard lights stayed on when the key is removed . When turning the ignition key it feels like it's not connecting just seems to swivel in the lock any ideas

Submitted: 16/05/2015 06:48:46 | ID: 116086

sarah coe, Berkshire

Hi, I have a Vauxhall Zafira comfort 7 seater 1.6 with the engine management light on. I was told there are 2 lambda sensors on it, we changed the front one but how expensive is the back one and could it fail emissions test because of the sensor? thank you

Submitted: 12/05/2015 14:16:11 | ID: 115939

Peter hardy , South Yorkshire

Climate control has stopped working and monitor and the radio still works but does not turn off with the ignition?

Submitted: 11/05/2015 02:54:03 | ID: 115864

steve, Yorkshire

2008 running too lean, what causes this & how can I solve it..?

Submitted: 09/05/2015 18:17:25 | ID: 115807

Paul, Essex

Hello there, I've had a slight whining noise coming from under the bonnet while I sit stationary at the traffic lights and if I turn my steering wheel and hold it in that position the noise will go away. I've had no lights come on the dash indicating any problems. I guessed the noise has something to do with the power steering fluid pump? Anyway, last weekend while driving the power steering went and now it`s like trying to drive an articulated lorry. The AA came out to look at it and he said maybe the power steering fluid is low as the dipstick looked quite low. I bought some fluid and topped it right up but this hasn't made much difference. Do you think it could it be the pump or even the steering rack and are they expensive to replace and have fitted?

Submitted: 06/05/2015 11:14:50 | ID: 115628

Graeme, Essex

Hi there, I wonder if you can help? My petrol 1.6 2009 Zafira is jolting under acceleration, the car is regularly serviced and I have done the pedal test which is coming up with no errors. The car has recently had a diagnostic test for a thermostat issue I had and the garage never mentioned about any other problems. Do you have any ideas?

Coil pack nasser from West Midlands

Submitted: 04/05/2015 22:51:39 | ID: 115579

Mike, Ireland

Got a problem with my 06 1.9 diesel Zafira, it was losing power so I took it to main dealer cost me 492 euros to clear dpf sensor. The car was going fine, 3 weeks later it`s taken a lot of water, next thing I know the car is full of steam coming from the engine. I pulled over to check it and bang, all water is gone and the car won`t start anymore. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 04/05/2015 20:55:38 | ID: 115577

nigel carpenter, Cornwall

Hi, my central door locking has packed up today. I need to put fuel in to get home but the flap is locked. Can I override it? Please help

Submitted: 04/05/2015 18:27:35 | ID: 115569

sunday mathew, Ghana

Black smoke

Submitted: 22/04/2015 19:03:02 | ID: 115069

Karen, West Midlands

My car has started making a funny "bloop" noise on ignition. Only started when I got it back from the garage after having a gearbox change, O2 filters and and egr valve. Garage at a loss as to what is the cause - any ideas?

Submitted: 21/04/2015 17:31:52 | ID: 115017

Harry, Nottinghamshire

I just need to change the clock on my dash

Submitted: 21/04/2015 16:51:31 | ID: 115015

Michelle, Dublin

I have a whistling noise coming from the engine. Only started over the last week. It's not always there just sometimes. Also, I felt it had become sluggish and I did see the oil light flicker on for a second when I braked suddenly a few days ago, so today I checked it for oil and it was very low, plus it was overheating. I have put oil into the engine but it is still making the whistling noise. I'm not sure about the overheating as yet, but any suggestions on the whistling noise would be great. Or maybe the noise and the low oil/overheating are linked? Thank you.

Submitted: 16/04/2015 16:11:26 | ID: 114789

kayleigh, Neath Port Talbot

Can anybody help me? My Zafira ran out of oil so when my car broke down I had it towed and the next day a mechanic looked at it and said the timing belt ring, piston and valve need changing. It`s a 16v 2001 year and he said it would cost £600 to fix, so was just wondering would it be worth it and I`m hoping that it won`t cost anymore than that, if anyone would know if that estimate is roughly right as I have 4 children and can`t afford anymore than that? thanks in advance

Submitted: 16/04/2015 00:13:03 | ID: 114757

tania bryant, Rhondda Cynon Taf

Why is my engine management light flicking on and off?

Submitted: 15/04/2015 23:37:51 | ID: 114756

Olive, Kent

took handle off tailgate to see if handle was working and know no plate lights wont work. connections all working and fuses ok HELP

Submitted: 14/04/2015 19:36:01 | ID: 114709

Chel, Worcestershire

I gave a lift to a friend who pulled my back rear door plipper up so far it sprang out, she then forced it back down, she came clean when I couldn't get the door to open from outside or inside after shopping. My husband removed the small speaker at the top to find she's broken the plastic thing inside so now we can't get the door open. Can anyone help? She's due for MOT and I have been told under new rules it's an instant fail. HELP

Submitted: 10/04/2015 12:53:19 | ID: 114536

Georgina, Berkshire

The wing mirrors on my zafira will not adjust, what could be the cause and how do i fix them?

Submitted: 07/04/2015 08:47:51 | ID: 114403

Dan suleiman, Nigeria

please i urgently need an information to unlock my stereo from SAFE. The stereo entered SAFE after several wrong atempt to unlock the stereo from code thanks.

Submitted: 06/04/2015 16:51:35 | ID: 114377

Joshua Taylor, West Midlands

The engine light was showing and the car was not picking up speed for about a year but it has gone so bad that it can hardly reaches 40 miles now so i took it to a garage. they diagnosed it to be crankshaft sensor, which was changed. There is no engine light now but it hasn't made any difference to picking up speed. The mechanic at the garage is saying that if there is no light showing on the engine they don't know what the problem is.

Submitted: 03/04/2015 12:38:08 | ID: 114252

Jenny Corley, Kent

Automatic diesel, sometimes kangaroo jumps/judders when I slow down or put My foot on the break especially on long journeys also coolant light comes on, car has only just had its mot done??

Submitted: 03/04/2015 11:15:52 | ID: 114234

Karl Milton, Hampshire

My 07 vauxhall zafira club 1.8 petrol has just started juddering in 1st and 2nd gear. My exhaust warning light has also came on in dash. When revs pick up seems ok can anyome.tell what this is likely to be please.

Submitted: 31/03/2015 23:42:01 | ID: 114144

Samantha, City of Nottingham

Hi just looking for some advice iv recently had my alloys resprayed and since iv had it back when i go over 50mph my steering wheel is really vibrating......iv had my tracking done and tyre pressures.....just wondered if anyone could possibly have any clue to what it could be??

Your wheels need to be balanced Peter hardy from South Yorkshire

Your wheels need to be balanced Peter hardy from South Yorkshire

It could be ball joints or track rod ends worn or even wheel bearings. Get it checked as I had the same problem and my nearside track rod end was very bad, if it came off at any speed it would not have been nicenigel carpenter from Cornwall

Submitted: 30/03/2015 14:47:36 | ID: 114075

dannycbonner@yahoo.co.uk, County Londonderry

The bonnet release cable on my Vauxhall Zafira has snapped/broken off, approximately one inch from the release handle under the fuse box. I have been trying to remove the cable release for the bonnet of my Vauxhall Zafira for some time now and found a number of difficulties for me, not being mechanically minder etc. There is a rubber grommet that allows the cable to pass through and that has been difficult to push the cable through but the bigger problem is at the handle under the fuse box. There is a "keeper" which has the cable threaded through and the whole hard plastic assembly is then stuck to the body of the car in a way that I can't figure out. There does not seem to be any screws holding it on and I wonder does it slide into the metal in some way. Please help.

Submitted: 28/03/2015 08:36:37 | ID: 113960

altaf, Bedfordshire

My car sucks air from rocko cover.how can I fix it?

Submitted: 26/03/2015 22:05:46 | ID: 113917

claire threlfall@hotmail.co.uk, Carmarthenshire

My Zafira 2002 petrol starts and needs plenty of revs to kick in and judders in first and second gear but is fine in 3rd upwards. Any ideas?

Submitted: 25/03/2015 11:58:23 | ID: 113815

Steve, Essex

I have a Vauxhall Zafira 2002 1.8 manual petrol, it drives really well but it stalled at a set of lights and wouldn't start and the traction control light and electronics light came on. After about 15 mins I tried to start it and it started and got me home but this has happened twice now, there are no fault codes coming up on the diagnosis machine. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Submitted: 22/03/2015 21:37:32 | ID: 113680

Steve, Essex

I have a Vauxhall Zafira Elegance 2002 1.8 manual petrol, it drives really well but it stalled at a set of lights and wouldn't start and the traction control light and electronics light came on. After about 15 mins I tried to start it and it started and got me home but this has happened twice now, there are no fault codes coming up on the diagnosis machine. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Submitted: 22/03/2015 21:29:24 | ID: 113679

Ali, Essex

Vauxhall Zafira 2008 (58 plate) Please could you tell me how to get into the back of my Vauxhall Zafira, as the electronic switch won’t operate to allow me access to the rear of my car door? (1.9 cdti Elite). My Vauxahall's central locking system is not working as I tried with key and manually.

Check your fuse box, to see if the fuse has blown Bill Morgan from North Yorkshire

Submitted: 22/03/2015 17:52:53 | ID: 113669

nape, Orkney Islands

My Opel Zafira 1.8 2005 model`s rev counter is fluctuating and then it goes off?

Submitted: 22/03/2015 17:50:00 | ID: 113667

Sarah, Spain

Hi, I have a Zafira elegance 1.8 automatic. For about a year now I have been having trouble with it stalling when I slow down or stop, but not all the time. Also it`s like it`s hunting when I start it. We have had it looked at and have had a few things done on it but it`s still stalling, we have now been told it may be the gearbox as the gearbox oil is black and not red and has a burning smell. We are worried to have this work done in case it is not the problem as it may be costly, it is otherwise a lovely car we have had for many years. Would you think this could be the problem? Many thanks, Sarah

Submitted: 22/03/2015 12:27:14 | ID: 113654

kelly hankin, Berkshire

I had a new oxygen sensor on my car as the light came up with that code. It seemed to drive ok then I had the gear box oil change as it needed it, it drove fine for a bit, now the car starts fine from cold, you drive down the road, stop, turn the engine off, come back after 20 or 30 min and the car doesn't want to start. I get it going by putting it drive with higher revs, it goes but the engine light keeps coming on. The reading is saying faulty oxygen sensor but I had a new one put on already. What else could it be as the garage doesn't seem to know and are at a loss with it?

Submitted: 20/03/2015 14:22:32 | ID: 113584

stephen, Cambridgeshire

I have a Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 petrol on a 52 plate, only when I cold start it I get erratic revs up to 3000 révs and it will stall if I try to move it, but is ok after it warms up and the revs settle back to 800. Then when I pick up speed on a parkway it will start pinging and tries holding back at about 60. Can you help please?

Try the temp switch, mate AIDY from County Antrim

Try the temp switch, mate AIDY from County Antrim

Submitted: 19/03/2015 21:38:35 | ID: 113558

Darrenhaywood064@gmail.com, Nottinghamshire

My Vauxhall Zafira is always parked near a specs speed camera and the door fob never unlocks whilest parked near the camera but works everywhere else. I`ve tried new batteries in the fob but still the same, it`s parked right underneath the camera. Thanks

Submitted: 19/03/2015 13:11:49 | ID: 113540

Snaggle14, Caerphilly

Hi guys please can you help me I have a Zafira gsi turbo an my heating blows cold on the the driver side only its warm any answers plz

Submitted: 13/03/2015 20:36:28 | ID: 113278

shhaba, Berkshire

The Lever on my driverside footwell won't open the bonnet. is there any other way I can open the bonnet..

Submitted: 10/03/2015 10:01:15 | ID: 113079

virgil, Midlothian

hi.on dash board the fuel watch indicates some time wrong amount of fuel in tank.if i start the engine again ,the fuel is right.the indicator shows 2 different readings ,any ideas pls

Submitted: 09/03/2015 20:24:02 | ID: 113063