VAUXHALL ZAFIRA questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL ZAFIRA models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL ZAFIRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL ZAFIRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Christine, Somerset

Car starts ok to start with, but when it gets hot and the fan kicks in the engine cuts out. What's wrong with it?

Submitted: 19/09/2016 19:20:09 | ID: 135295

Eddy, Tyne and Wear

just had car in for 2nd safety recall and had heater blowers replaced, got car back with A?BS light permanantly on when it wasn't before, any ideas

Submitted: 17/09/2016 12:43:04 | ID: 135230

kirsty, Derbyshire

Hi there was wondering if anyone could help plz I have a 7seater 1.9 tdi it has a smoke issue I've recently had a new DPF and a new EGR value it doesn't smoke or short journeys only when I'm on a motor way or duel carriage way I've spent more than I wanted to on this car so need some advice on what all this smoke could be and is it more expense plz help thankyou.

Submitted: 16/09/2016 18:43:30 | ID: 135214

Alex Maranzano, Surrey

Can the garage that implemented recall on faulty resistor work on the heating and ventilation system (which presumably involves electrics), have caused the subsequent door locking system to mal function throughout all the doors a few days later. Doors would not open from the inside or outside. Exit was via the window! The Vauxhall dealer was not able to repair the problem and the car became a right off!

Rear door wiring short, my mate had the same. Kits being sold on ebay for about £30 a side. Vauxhall should have been able to diagnose as this fault is all over the internet, it's a known vauxhall fault on all models for about 30 years. Liam Farrell from Oxfordshire

Submitted: 16/09/2016 11:31:04 | ID: 135205

makhosazane, South Africa

Hey I have a problem with my Zafira Vhauxhall 1.6 2002 manual. It starts and the switches off again

Submitted: 15/09/2016 17:28:36 | ID: 135189

lynn, Lancashire

Should all the fuses be present in the interior fuseboxofa2004 zafira? I'm trying to repair my alarm/central locking fob. Locksmith advised checking fuses.

Submitted: 07/09/2016 22:29:33 | ID: 135008

Richard, Suffolk

My zafira is putting a lot of white Somke out when u drive it u can not see be hind u when u look out of the window please any idea what's wrong with it I have had a new ecu put on it

Submitted: 31/08/2016 20:21:01 | ID: 134801

Bob, Wiltshire

Hi Went out to car and battery 100% drained, never happened before. Jump started fine, but fuel light stays on, plenty of fuel, passenger door will not open even thou unlocked, and central computer screen not working at all. Drives ok? Any one got advise please?

Probably too late but when you say passenger door is that a rear door? Vauxhalls from the days of the Chevette on have suffered with rear door wiring breaking in the rubber boot between the pillar and the rear door. You can buy kits on ebay for about £30 a side. It's possible it's a short in there that's drained battery/blown fuses. stereo display fuse is a 7.5a fuse under bonnet (number 35 or 36). May not be the answer but just in case. Liam Farrell from Oxfordshire

Submitted: 31/08/2016 16:18:42 | ID: 134792

Lee Williams , Darlington

Please could someone help me, I've just bought a zafira Exclusive CDTI 1.9 Ltd, it's a clean car and lovely to drive, I've had it for three days and it's started to make a rattle noise and smoking from the belt .. this is not normal and it's frustrated me, I've phoned the garage and taking it back tomorrow , I would like to know what has happened myself. Please could someone help!!!!

Submitted: 30/08/2016 20:30:44 | ID: 134771

jay, Greater London

my engine management light is on and its hunting, iv changed the plugs and the coil pack, and the air flow meter, and the rocker head cover and an oil change a swell as the cam-belt drive belt and water-pump how can i solve this problem ?

Submitted: 18/08/2016 19:46:45 | ID: 134454

DON, Fife

my 1.6 life petrol is using quarter litre of oil every 1000 miles is this normal 2004 model .

Submitted: 31/07/2016 19:56:18 | ID: 134004

Scott, Somerset

Hi I've changed the oil pressure switch but I still have oil leaking from it please could you tell me why this is

Submitted: 26/07/2016 23:39:54 | ID: 133876

dan, Wiltshire

I have a vauxhall suffer 1.6 2001 it runs okay around town but when I go on a run it runs lumpy and when I push the clutch pedal down it stores

Submitted: 24/07/2016 14:31:29 | ID: 133790

Kim Murray, Lincolnshire

When I put my car in to fifth gear and accelerate it sounds like an airplane taking off. It is a sort of whiney noise and then it makes a sort of rattling noise. This happens only in fifth gear upwards. Have anyone got any ideas what this could be and how to fix it?

Submitted: 18/07/2016 14:06:01 | ID: 133615

brett, Hertfordshire

hi my display in my vauxhall zafira 2006 is not working the clock and radio display thanks

Submitted: 16/07/2016 09:44:30 | ID: 133566

Keith, Bridgend

I have zafira life 5 door when I got in today I started it up and I heard a beeping sound, I located it coming from under the glove box there is a small box there with the numbers 1 2 3 4 on it also a flashing light the light was green but once the beeping started the light went red , does anyone know what this little box is for please and how do i stop the beeping Tanx

Submitted: 12/07/2016 18:24:55 | ID: 133471

Clayton, South Yorkshire

Hi I've got a rattel at mid revs comein from throtel body can any one help and do all zafiras run so hot on a w reg

Submitted: 07/07/2016 00:04:05 | ID: 133307

Mark Webb, Yorkshire

Hi can anyone help me please my Zafira petrol is missing and cutting out at junctions the engine shaped light keeps coming on and going off it kangarooing at first it would only miss when we were doing anything from 30/40 mph but now it does it when we are on the motorway at about 70mph as anyone else had this problem and what was wrong. ...... PLEASE HELP ..... CHEERS

Hi had that trouble ,easily sorted fitted new spark plug header box (Safire version of plug leads) works fine after that Mike from Nottinghamshire

Had similar issues, coil pack was at fault. Bob from Wiltshire

Submitted: 01/07/2016 07:36:44 | ID: 133157

david rose, West Yorkshire

Hi i have a problem with the dash clock/temp display staying on when the ignition key is removed causing the battery to go flat if not disconnected any advice would be greatful.

Submitted: 21/06/2016 16:19:46 | ID: 132852

andy, West Dunbartonshire

I'm trying to replace the aux cable and cant find out how to remove the plastics a video would be fantastic

Submitted: 14/06/2016 15:38:54 | ID: 132661

Abdul, West Yorkshire

My Zafira, 2010, diesel, automatics started coil flashing on dash board this morning. Any idea please?

Its the partical filter just run it for 25 mins keeping the revs over 2000 andy from West Dunbartonshire

Check glow plugs. Michael from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 14/06/2016 10:40:01 | ID: 132645

georgina norman, Merseyside

My stability warning light and my ads warning light come on sometimes when i break heavy. They stay on for the journey then when i turn the engine off and then back on they go off. Thanks

Submitted: 12/06/2016 18:59:45 | ID: 132596

Cedric, South Africa

Hi, I have a Zafira 2.2 petrol automatic. The car stood without a battery for one week, now it will not start with the key or the spare key. Battery is full and starter swings when you short it. All dashboard lights come on as per usual. Any suggestions please.

Sounds like the ecu if you have key care on your insurance say you have lost them they will reprogrammed your keys andy from West Dunbartonshire

Submitted: 12/06/2016 10:54:43 | ID: 132581

Colin, Merseyside

Having problems. Went out to drive it and wouldn't run. It will turn over and run for around 5 seconds then die no revs. Had it on diagnostics only fault it says is heater plugs but no that wouldn't stop it running. Done crank sensor not that. Pulling hair out now. Can anyone give me ideas what else. Also there is fuel getting to the rail. Hope to hear from someone soon as need the car for work. Been riding 13 miles of a morning and starting to get a bit saddle sore lol.

Submitted: 01/06/2016 21:10:36 | ID: 132256

rebecca lacy, Nottinghamshire

My 1.6 2006 zafira battery keeps dying u can recharge it drive it then when u leave it it won't start. Have to charge it again. Also my water tank empties on long journeys really quickly have to fill it up alot. No leaks.

Submitted: 29/05/2016 15:53:09 | ID: 132141

anthony, Devon

hi all i done a service and a new fuel fitter as well now it drives for a little bit then cuts out and about 5mins later it will start . then it will do the same think help i have pull the fuel throw to get air out but it still doing it help help

Submitted: 24/05/2016 10:33:40 | ID: 131948

jeanie, Tyne and Wear

i have had loads problems with my vauxhall zafira 1.6 petrol i have replaced valve seals and piston rings had a new cat and still blowing smoke out and leaking oil in n03 pot decided to get another engine low and behold its started again on the same pot what is going on

Submitted: 14/05/2016 12:01:04 | ID: 131507

jason, Nottinghamshire

I have white/bluish smoke coming out of the exhaust when going to work. It always happened around 6-8 miles mark and only lasts about 5 mins then nothing. I took it to a garage that checked head gasket and levels and nothing found to be wrong. They put a catalytic converter cleaner through and it didn't do it for a couple of days. This morning it happened again a few miles longer this time, when got to work I revved the engine a little and loads of smoke was coming out very slight blue tint. All levels checked and all right though. It hasn't tended to do it after work going back home. Up to now there has been no performance issues or any warning lights. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Submitted: 13/05/2016 10:53:12 | ID: 131469

Alan, West Midlands

My car gets to30 40mph starts jumping then holds back when it gets warm

Submitted: 12/05/2016 20:16:49 | ID: 131461

Kathleen Keane, Cornwall

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can please tell me how to increase the indicator volume on my 2007 vauxhall zafira b. Im aware of of a hidden menu that involves pulli the indicator and wiper stalks towards me but this seems to have no effect at all, any help with this wou be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Submitted: 12/05/2016 14:07:38 | ID: 131443

Phil, Cheshire

Whilst driving on motorway my car just done an emergency stop hand break light came on, it just stopped by itself. The engine was running and auto selector was moveable so I put it in neutral it just wouldn't move when drive was selected. I turned off ignition the restarted engine it then was free to drive. As I had granddaughter in car I just slugged home 20 mph. Can anyone give any advice as to what happened. I used it this morning to get to work all ok but the sonic parking light comes on the off help if poss. Cheers Phil.

Submitted: 04/05/2016 09:08:24 | ID: 131153

Phil, Cheshire

While driving on motorway my zap hire just jammed on I nearly caused a pile up. Engin still running the red light on Autuo gear shift was on. After 3 minutes of sheer terror it freed up and I drove home less than 30 mph can any one explain, thanks in advance Phil.

Submitted: 03/05/2016 21:33:09 | ID: 131127

agnes, City of Edinburgh

Can someone please advice me, just had reverse switch fitted to my car, but when I was trying to reverse my car it would go into reverse and kept jumping out of reverse when trying to reverse...

Submitted: 29/04/2016 22:01:31 | ID: 130969

martin, Worcestershire

misfire on tickover lots of blue smoke had headgasket done but they did say that number 3 glow plug wasn't seated properly and looks like a valve may have hit piston but not sure is there a common problem with number 3 cylinder as ive brought a secondhand head and number 3 glow is not seated in that properly as well

Submitted: 27/04/2016 20:15:52 | ID: 130904

Mart, Northamptonshire

What causes oil to leak into the water expansion bottle

could be a head gasget or a crack in the block or oil cooler jason from Middlesex

Submitted: 25/04/2016 23:16:42 | ID: 130819

Kayleigh, Newport

Hi over the past 24hrs my 1.6 zafira has lost its power won't go no faster the 60mph on the bypasses/motorway and it couldn't even get up a hill in 1st gear!! Had to roll back down it and turn round. There are no warning lights on the dash I have checked that the dash lights haven't been blanked off and they haven't. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I've checked all my levels and there fine also. Any help will be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Update problem solved turns out the cat was blocked Kayleigh from Newport

If you do not want your Zafira to be blocked once more in a few months time...you need to drive the engine at high speeds at least once a week, a good thrashing on the motorway will ensure the DPF (big filter on the Exhaust ) will heat up to trigger the clean up (also known as regenerate) , some have the DPF removed and the problem will never return but this involves changing part of your exhaust and a simple re map Bendover Brenda from Angus

Submitted: 17/04/2016 12:49:38 | ID: 130489

Phil, Merseyside

The computer in regards to showing everything except the radio that shows up but the rest won't show also the fuel gauge is not showing me the level of fuel, the tank is full. Can you please tell me what's wrong. Regards Phill Irving

Your ECU id about to malfunction big time...... this is rare but not unknown Bendover Brenda from Angus

Submitted: 16/04/2016 19:41:34 | ID: 130469

gaile, Hampshire

Main headlight won't go out why

Submitted: 15/04/2016 19:41:38 | ID: 130430

David Anderson, Tyne and Wear

I have a 09 Zaffira Life 1600 bought nov 2012. 18 months ago started to lose power and cut out. After about 5mins of keyturning it eventually restarts. It can go months without problems. I have had the car diagnosic tested 4 times without any solution. (twice at a Vauxhall dealership!) can anyone help?

check your engine earth strap.... Bendover Brenda from Angus

Submitted: 11/04/2016 11:29:07 | ID: 130230

andrew, Cardiff

hi i have a zafria a diesel dti comfort and my engine manament light keeps coming on when i stop at a juntion or at a set of lights when driving off it goes off and dont get much power till ive reached 3000rpms so please any help with solving this promblem ive also put a obd reader on it to see what codes would come up but no codes come up so now im stuck with what to do so if any one has any ideas please thank u in advanced

Submitted: 08/04/2016 17:02:41 | ID: 130123