VAUXHALL ZAFIRA questions and answers

VAUXHALL Zafira

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL ZAFIRA models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL ZAFIRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL ZAFIRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Karl Milton, Hampshire

My 07 vauxhall zafira club 1.8 petrol has just started juddering in 1st and 2nd gear. My exhaust warning light has also came on in dash. When revs pick up seems ok can anyome.tell what this is likely to be please.

Submitted: 31/03/2015 23:42:01 | ID: 114144

Samantha, City of Nottingham

Hi just looking for some advice iv recently had my alloys resprayed and since iv had it back when i go over 50mph my steering wheel is really vibrating......iv had my tracking done and tyre pressures.....just wondered if anyone could possibly have any clue to what it could be??

Submitted: 30/03/2015 14:47:36 | ID: 114075

dannycbonner@yahoo.co.uk, County Londonderry

The bonnet release cable on my Vauxhall Zafira has snapped/broken off, approximately one inch from the release handle under the fuse box. I have been trying to remove the cable release for the bonnet of my Vauxhall Zafira for some time now and found a number of difficulties for me, not being mechanically minder etc. There is a rubber grommet that allows the cable to pass through and that has been difficult to push the cable through but the bigger problem is at the handle under the fuse box. There is a "keeper" which has the cable threaded through and the whole hard plastic assembly is then stuck to the body of the car in a way that I can't figure out. There does not seem to be any screws holding it on and I wonder does it slide into the metal in some way. Please help.

Submitted: 28/03/2015 08:36:37 | ID: 113960

altaf, Bedfordshire

My car sucks air from rocko cover.how can I fix it?

Submitted: 26/03/2015 22:05:46 | ID: 113917

claire threlfall@hotmail.co.uk, Carmarthenshire

My Zafira 2002 petrol starts and needs plenty of revs to kick in and judders in first and second gear but is fine in 3rd upwards. Any ideas?

Submitted: 25/03/2015 11:58:23 | ID: 113815

Steve, Essex

I have a Vauxhall Zafira 2002 1.8 manual petrol, it drives really well but it stalled at a set of lights and wouldn't start and the traction control light and electronics light came on. After about 15 mins I tried to start it and it started and got me home but this has happened twice now, there are no fault codes coming up on the diagnosis machine. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Submitted: 22/03/2015 21:37:32 | ID: 113680

Steve, Essex

I have a Vauxhall Zafira Elegance 2002 1.8 manual petrol, it drives really well but it stalled at a set of lights and wouldn't start and the traction control light and electronics light came on. After about 15 mins I tried to start it and it started and got me home but this has happened twice now, there are no fault codes coming up on the diagnosis machine. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Submitted: 22/03/2015 21:29:24 | ID: 113679

Ali, Essex

Vauxhall Zafira 2008 (58 plate) Please could you tell me how to get into the back of my Vauxhall Zafira, as the electronic switch won’t operate to allow me access to the rear of my car door? (1.9 cdti Elite). My Vauxahall's central locking system is not working as I tried with key and manually.

Submitted: 22/03/2015 17:52:53 | ID: 113669

nape, Orkney Islands

My Opel Zafira 1.8 2005 model`s rev counter is fluctuating and then it goes off?

Submitted: 22/03/2015 17:50:00 | ID: 113667

Sarah, Spain

Hi, I have a Zafira elegance 1.8 automatic. For about a year now I have been having trouble with it stalling when I slow down or stop, but not all the time. Also it`s like it`s hunting when I start it. We have had it looked at and have had a few things done on it but it`s still stalling, we have now been told it may be the gearbox as the gearbox oil is black and not red and has a burning smell. We are worried to have this work done in case it is not the problem as it may be costly, it is otherwise a lovely car we have had for many years. Would you think this could be the problem? Many thanks, Sarah

Submitted: 22/03/2015 12:27:14 | ID: 113654

kelly hankin, Berkshire

I had a new oxygen sensor on my car as the light came up with that code. It seemed to drive ok then I had the gear box oil change as it needed it, it drove fine for a bit, now the car starts fine from cold, you drive down the road, stop, turn the engine off, come back after 20 or 30 min and the car doesn't want to start. I get it going by putting it drive with higher revs, it goes but the engine light keeps coming on. The reading is saying faulty oxygen sensor but I had a new one put on already. What else could it be as the garage doesn't seem to know and are at a loss with it?

Submitted: 20/03/2015 14:22:32 | ID: 113584

stephen, Cambridgeshire

I have a Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 petrol on a 52 plate, only when I cold start it I get erratic revs up to 3000 révs and it will stall if I try to move it, but is ok after it warms up and the revs settle back to 800. Then when I pick up speed on a parkway it will start pinging and tries holding back at about 60. Can you help please?

Try the temp switch, mate AIDY from County Antrim

Try the temp switch, mate AIDY from County Antrim

Submitted: 19/03/2015 21:38:35 | ID: 113558

Darrenhaywood064@gmail.com, Nottinghamshire

My Vauxhall Zafira is always parked near a specs speed camera and the door fob never unlocks whilest parked near the camera but works everywhere else. I`ve tried new batteries in the fob but still the same, it`s parked right underneath the camera. Thanks

Submitted: 19/03/2015 13:11:49 | ID: 113540

Snaggle14, Caerphilly

Hi guys please can you help me I have a Zafira gsi turbo an my heating blows cold on the the driver side only its warm any answers plz

Submitted: 13/03/2015 20:36:28 | ID: 113278

shhaba, Berkshire

The Lever on my driverside footwell won't open the bonnet. is there any other way I can open the bonnet..

Submitted: 10/03/2015 10:01:15 | ID: 113079

virgil, Midlothian

hi.on dash board the fuel watch indicates some time wrong amount of fuel in tank.if i start the engine again ,the fuel is right.the indicator shows 2 different readings ,any ideas pls

Submitted: 09/03/2015 20:24:02 | ID: 113063

John, Vale of Glamorgan

Hello, my Zafira broke down with a ECU fault (as it probably should going by electrical problems with Vauxhall), so I sent it off for repair but it came back the same. I contacted the repair people and they have said send it back to us. I`m waiting now for a second attempt to be made to fix it. Do these repair jobs work, or are my worst fears going to come true and it`s going to be off the car more than on? Has anyone out there had simular problems?

Submitted: 09/03/2015 00:33:37 | ID: 113015

katie, Nottinghamshire

hi i have a 1.8 vauxhall zafira sri and just recently i have noticed a knocking sound but it sounds like its coming from the inside of the drivers door for the life of me i cant pin point what it could be please help if you can its really annoying

Submitted: 08/03/2015 09:22:06 | ID: 112954

Dannii, Lincolnshire

Hi, I have a vauxhall zafira 2008 life, I turned my car on the other day and the radio is not working, we have tried the fuse and now the time is also wrong!!! The lights do not come on around the radio buttons either, any suggestions please? Thank you Danielle from Lincolnshire.

Submitted: 07/03/2015 17:50:54 | ID: 112907

Dannii, Lincolnshire

Submitted: 07/03/2015 17:50:30 | ID: 112906

FAYE PERRY, Yorkshire

Hello, please help....recently my Zafira wouldn't lock, the ignition barrel would pull out with the key, it has always done this but after a while it stopped locking the system. After taking advice and looking on YouTube my cheapest option was to squirt the barrel lock with WD40 and replace the fuse. This worked! Straight after my ABS light came on....as I knew this isn't something I should mess with I took it to my local garage. We had a diagnostic test, the results were clear. I have driven this car now for two weeks hoping that the problem will go away. Again I have had a garage look at it and again no code has come up so I am guessing this isn't a danger issue. Has anyone else had this problem?

Submitted: 05/03/2015 14:38:27 | ID: 112811

Steve, Berkshire

Speedo metre needle is jumping so not Showing correct speed and abs light comes on and off Can any body help urgent as don't know speed thanks

Submitted: 04/03/2015 09:03:02 | ID: 112725

BRYN M JONES, Derbyshire

how DO I GAIN ENTRY to change the HEATER FAN CONTROL SWITCH ON my 2008 model. many thanks for help.

Submitted: 03/03/2015 15:56:59 | ID: 112677

Neil, West Midlands

Hi there, could anyone help me? I've got a Zafira Sri cdti 150 08 plate, my car won't start. I had 2 garages look at it and there are no faults or codes coming up on the ecu, also it starts up, revs to 2000 and cuts out. They have changed the fuel pump and injectors, put new fuel filter on but it still won't start! If you take the pressure off the injector diesel comes out everywhere but then it starts, with lots of smoke! But when I tighten the fuel pipe back on the injector it just cuts out. Can anyone help me?

Submitted: 02/03/2015 11:17:19 | ID: 112576

liliana, Blackpool

The boot lock wasn't locking, so got another lock second hand and it worked for a couple of days, now not locking again, could the lock be faulty or something else?

it might be worth checking the wiring up to the lock. sean from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 28/02/2015 18:09:15 | ID: 112500

mark, Flintshire

Hi Could someone please advise me as I have no rear tail lights and when I press the brake pedal the tail light/brake light flickers for a few seconds and then stops.i have replaced all the bulbs with new ones and the problem is still there

Submitted: 27/02/2015 22:56:10 | ID: 112462

Mick, Northamptonshire

Hi my Zafira has suddenly had the inside display unit go black not sure why but now no time temp etc and also the reverse lights are coming on by them self ? Any ideas please

Submitted: 27/02/2015 21:14:33 | ID: 112458

Frances Dwyer, West Midlands

On the display it saye battery remote we have a new battery in the engine and it has no pulling power and has copletley died once on a short journey

Submitted: 27/02/2015 19:08:18 | ID: 112450

saiqa, West Yorkshire

Hi there. Has you know the make and model of my car I just wanna let u know its an automatic car. And when am driving my car has problems changing it's gear from 2nd to 3rd and when I press my foot on the gas pedal the car won't move more than 10mph and that only happens when the gears won't change please help appreciate it thank you.

Submitted: 24/02/2015 18:26:17 | ID: 112264

William Ash, Stoke-on-Trent

Were is the power steering top up reservoir.

Looking into the engine from the front it is on the right hand side right at the back. sean from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 24/02/2015 16:39:57 | ID: 112256

michael ball, Cornwall

I was driving my car at low speed and then i heard a bang went to chamge gear now wont drive select gear nothing hsppens engine running select gear without touching the clutchit will select gear without doing anything what could this be

Submitted: 23/02/2015 17:18:27 | ID: 112193

dale, East Riding of Yorkshire

I av w reg Zafira wen u get to 2 thousands revs it cuts out, wat can it be

Submitted: 17/02/2015 19:59:31 | ID: 111751

Dianne, Stoke-on-Trent

does anybody know how to take out the complete heater matrix on a Vauxhall zafira 2ltr diesel please

Submitted: 17/02/2015 17:06:06 | ID: 111739

Danny, Berkshire

Hi there, I have a Vauxhall Zafira 2006 SRI 120 Diesel. I want to change the front bumper because mine is broken, it is smashed. I want to check if I can fit the bumber from a Vauxhall Zafira 2008-2010 facelift. Can anyone help me, please? Many thanks.

Submitted: 17/02/2015 12:24:19 | ID: 111718

Gavin, Essex

My Vauxhall Zafira gsi when I put my foot down feels like it wants to hold back and I don't know why?

When I was driving in 5th gear it felt like it was holding back? Gavin from Essex

Submitted: 12/02/2015 22:28:24 | ID: 111421

catherine sparkes, Cambridgeshire

Put a new battery in, got lights to the dash board but it won't start. What is wrong with it?

Submitted: 12/02/2015 20:10:16 | ID: 111409

nazar, Belgium

I can't close the doors with the remote control?

Submitted: 11/02/2015 19:10:38 | ID: 111335

Ian, Merseyside

My 55 plate (Jan 2006) Zafira Club 1.6i has a whistling noise which appears to be coming from the location of the fan belt closer to the motor, this is quite loud and is present after the first drive of around a mile or so, whether the car is driving or stationary after this initial drive it can be heard, the only time it disappears is when in high revs. Bought recently from Evans Halshaw and I don't really want to be throwing money at it as it is still under their warranty. They have looked into it themselves already and come back with "it`s as it should be". I have never heard a whistling as loud as this from any other vehicle I have had nor heard before, any ideas? thanks.

Hi, your problem sounds like a common fault, with the engine running and the whistling present see if there is any suction on the oil filler cap and or dipstick. If so you have got a broken breather membrane which is built into the rocker top. Unfortunately you will need a complete new one as it's not replace able on it's own, if this is not repaired it can build up pressure and suck oil out of the engine and eventually it can blow the engine.seen it put a hole in a piston. That's if your problem is this?. If it is your garage where you bought it from has been palming you off hoping you don't notice or they are not up on modern vauxhalls. The rocker cover will be around £130-£150 plus gasket of £10. Hope this helps cheers Mick from Lincolnshire

Cheers Mick, that was exactly the problem, removing the dipstick while running silenced the whistling, Evans Halshaw have now replaced the top (black) section along with a couple of other things I was concerned about and now all is running as it should so happy days :) Ian from Merseyside

Submitted: 08/02/2015 21:45:32 | ID: 111156

Laura, Kildare

Car beeps about when I turn on ignition and sometimes when driving. When this happens it turns the radio off.

Submitted: 03/02/2015 15:12:40 | ID: 110802

Gjergji, Scottish Borders

My breks are working when the engen is off is thi normal on zafira life

Submitted: 03/02/2015 08:55:51 | ID: 110783