VAUXHALL ZAFIRA questions and answers

VAUXHALL Zafira

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL ZAFIRA models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL ZAFIRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL ZAFIRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

LEE SHERBURN, Bath and North East Somerset

I have a boot socket accessory wires hidden behind the right panel but no socket present. I also have a hole for a socket behind the centre console but on inspection of the inside behind the hole there are no socket accessory wires there to connect to. How much would it cost to get a mechanic to rig up a spur off the rear socket and feed it through to the centre console so I can have two working accessory sockets. Thanks

Submitted: 24/10/2014 11:04:13 | ID: 105050

faye, Northamptonshire

My heating is only blowing out on 4, we have changed the resistor pack and fuses, worked for a short while on 3 but not the force I think it shoud be, more like what it should be on 1 or 2. Also I`m sure the heating is only blowing outwards not towards the windscreen nor feet, I can feel a slight blow for the windscreen on 4 but it`s not a full force like it is in my face! Any advice muchly appreciated :-)

Submitted: 23/10/2014 12:38:30 | ID: 105013

Paul, Ireland

I have been told I have an oil leak in my car after service yesterday and was told it may need to have the gearbox removed to get at some part at the back of the engine to rectify. I placed cardboard under the car overnight but no evidence on there. My question is what is the problem here and if no evidence of an oil leak is it all gone and what would happen then? (04 Zafira 1.6 zxe engine)

Submitted: 22/10/2014 10:42:39 | ID: 104978

Gareth, Lincolnshire

I have a Vauxhall Zafira 04, When it's running I'm getting a vibrating noise, soon as I put my foot down onto the clutch, the noise stops. Please can anyone advice me. Many thanks.

Submitted: 15/10/2014 19:07:50 | ID: 104657

Liz, Ireland

the engine electronic indicator light is on while the engine is running. I have tried turning the ignition off and restarting but no change. the engine sounds ok and no major loss if fuel. What could be the problem?

i have had the same fault the engine management light was coming on it could be anything but it is possible its the EGR valve [exhaust gas recirculation valve]. u need to get a hand held fault reader. cheers Tom tom from Stockton-on-Tees

Submitted: 15/10/2014 13:32:06 | ID: 104642

Liz, Ireland

my zafira is showing the engine electronic indicator light while the motor is running although the car appears to be running ok. Any ideas as to what may be the problem?

Submitted: 15/10/2014 13:24:29 | ID: 104640

norman suleman, City Of Leicester

my radio will not accept the code , i put another radio in turned it up to loud and i think it blew some now no radio will work in the car. it blew the sidelight bulbs which are now ok once i replaced the bulbs. would be nice to have my radio working.

Submitted: 14/10/2014 17:38:46 | ID: 104611

neil bramley, Nottinghamshire

hi i have a 2007 zafira 1.8 easytronic gearbox .when engine is running you select a gear it goes into a1 but then an f appears and the car wont move , has anyone got any idea what this could be, many thanks .

Submitted: 14/10/2014 11:19:40 | ID: 104591

robert, Nottinghamshire

Over the.last couple of days my zafira when starting it up won't hold its revs when starting it, and as soon as start engine optimization it will cut out. It can do it for up to 10 minutes after starting unless don't change down from 2nd to 1st gear, and ghost old clutch r u get at biting point. I ha e Spoken to a few people and they have suggested it could be the throttle body needs cleaning, and it was could also be that the accessory belt need changing. I have had the car for 2 years, and it has done a n out 147k miles Any help at all would be greatful

Submitted: 12/10/2014 07:01:20 | ID: 104479

samuel ferguson to , County Down

My car is a 2008 vauxhall zafira breeze does it have a belt or

Submitted: 11/10/2014 15:00:54 | ID: 104446

derek, Cambridgeshire

What is the OK switch for and what does it do?

Submitted: 07/10/2014 09:51:12 | ID: 104201

robert kinchin, Worcestershire

I am getting audible continuous beepinp noise and brake warning light on continuously,although brakes seem fine,noise is driving me mad! any ideas?

Submitted: 06/10/2014 20:36:28 | ID: 104170

michelle dobson, Wiltshire

not sure if that is the right variant.my log book says zafira design cdti 16v a.....it has done 39k miles.we have just bought this car & should pick it up this week.does it need a new water pump & cam belt before we pay for it

Submitted: 05/10/2014 17:05:21 | ID: 104106

karl, Essex

Hi my opel zafira exclusive 63 is seven months old there is only one socket I noticed there is a spare wire in centre console at the back I bought a socket fit perfect but it's not live check the fuse box number 29 for the front and 30 and 35 is for the centre and back already a fuse in all three could anyone else got an answer for that please let me know if you add the same problem with yours . Thank you Karl from Hornchurch

Submitted: 03/10/2014 13:38:41 | ID: 104002

Lyn, Hertfordshire

I think my coolant fan on my 2008 zafira breeze dti may not be working as I am loosing coolant and there is no sign of it underneath. Please can you advise me?

Check the tightness of your hoses.I had a similar problem when the engine is hot the water will evaporate leaving no trace. sean from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 30/09/2014 19:48:22 | ID: 103854

joe, Cornwall

Has anybody had touble with the key fob after changing battery . I have changed the battery but before I did the car worked fine now after changing the battery it wont start the management light has come on so i had a diagagnosis on form garage saying crank sharft censor and the car wont start after changing the battery is this to do with the key fob chip please help

Submitted: 29/09/2014 14:40:12 | ID: 103799

wayne, Northumberland

I have a 2007 Zafira and on lumpy roads I can feel vibration on the steering wheel but it`s ok on smooth surfaces. Passed its MOT in August with no advisories. Any ideas?

Mine does this too, did you get a response? Liz from Lincolnshire

Mine does this too, did you get a response? Liz from Lincolnshire

Submitted: 25/09/2014 21:30:10 | ID: 103650

chri, Angus

It won`t start, fuel pump working, dropped the petrol tank, checked it was working and put it back together and it started a week later, but then it stopped again?

Submitted: 25/09/2014 11:09:05 | ID: 103617

kevin, Kent

Can any one help i started my 2000 reg 1.8 comfort then it stop now it wont start it turns over and my dials move down wards

Submitted: 23/09/2014 20:02:14 | ID: 103536

ian jeffs, Greater London

my breake lights not workin replaced bulbs . fuses .switch any ideas

Submitted: 23/09/2014 16:03:08 | ID: 103523

Joseph1, Wiltshire

Which relay controls the horn in the fusebox "A"?

Submitted: 20/09/2014 11:35:59 | ID: 103357

nigel, Leicestershire

I cant get my interior lights to work on my zafira. I have checked the bulbs. there ok. I checked fuses. there ok. now im puzzled. anyone got any suggestions that cud help me with this annoying problem. thanks

Submitted: 19/09/2014 21:30:00 | ID: 103323

karl, Essex

Hi, bought a new Vauxhall exclusive 63 plate, there was no socket in the back of the centre console from Vauxhall dealers, checked fuse but can anyone help please? Thank you

Submitted: 19/09/2014 10:41:23 | ID: 103285

Gemma, Cornwall

Hi. I've had my Zafira for nearly a year and it's never let me down, runs fine and turntable every time until last week after we had to replace main h/lights. Dashlights are all fine but 4 times in this last week the starter failed, no click on ignition or noise at all. I had to bump start it as stuck with my sons. It can often start fine afterwards later in the day. I can't even find where the starter is nor a diagram or manual anywhere! Please help, maybe a loose wire or something? Cheers

Submitted: 12/09/2014 14:48:48 | ID: 103013

eleanor, Cambridgeshire

Car will not start when the weather is slightly cold or damp. I turn the key and nothing happens apart from radio coming on. It does this about 5 times. Before eventually it will start with me putting my foot right down on the accelerator. Its recently had a new battery so not that. Any ideas before I take it to the garage?

Submitted: 09/09/2014 07:23:54 | ID: 102835

ann eddy, Tyne and Wear

spanner light on dashboard, garage said may need thermostat replaced and getting me a quote, anyone else has this problem

Submitted: 08/09/2014 21:23:04 | ID: 102820

Lucy Wright, Norfolk

When my engine gets hot the oil light comes on. My husband has done a oil & filter change and it has enough oil in. What else should we look at?

Try changing oil sensor on engine block could have gone faulty ian from Derbyshire

Submitted: 06/09/2014 23:54:34 | ID: 102740

Rob, Kent

My on board computer is displaying that my 'parking light' is faulty, replaced all the bulbs both front and rear but still get the message display every time I turn on the ignition ?

Submitted: 05/09/2014 07:17:44 | ID: 102627

asif shar, Greater London

Hi is this model oily or coolant?

Submitted: 05/09/2014 00:36:06 | ID: 102623

john, South Lanarkshire

My Zafera won`t start but no lights are showing on the dash apart from a co2 sensor after the cat (was showing before the problem started). I plugged it into a diagnostic machine and it came back with no codes. The car turns over fine but will not start. Any suggestions?

we are having the same problem weve been told it is either the fuel pump or fuel filter that needs replacing krissy from Caerphilly

we are having the same problem we have been told it is either the fuel pump or fuel filter that needs replacing krissy from Caerphilly

I have taken the fuel pipe off and turned the engine over and am getting fuel so I don't think that is my problem but I have since been told to check the crank shaft sensor it may be not seeing the engine is turning over and will not send a signal to the ecu to fire a spark. john from South Lanarkshire

Submitted: 04/09/2014 11:48:23 | ID: 102590

Alan Jackson , Bedfordshire

I have a 2008Vauxhall Zafira and I can't open the near side rear door from the outside and the child lock is on can u help

Submitted: 01/09/2014 21:07:55 | ID: 102478

Yahma, Kent

Hi dear, I have changed the starting motor on my zafira just two days ago but unfortunately it is making a noise, one of the local mechanics have advised that as it is a new starting motor it is quite normal, other have scared me that there is other problems. Can you kindly advice In regards to this inquiry. Thank you very much.

Submitted: 01/09/2014 18:19:16 | ID: 102475

kerry Turner, South Yorkshire

Hi, I have a petrol vauxhall zafira 03 plate and having problems when thd engine is cold (do it seems) I get in the car in a morning after it being parked all night and turn the engine on which is Ok but when I put it into to first gear and try to set off it slowly moves and I could have my foot flat to the floor and not a lot happens, I then put it into second and it moves a bit more but judders until the engine warms up a bit and still in third but after its warmed up it gets better and drives as it should. If I go in the car later ( an hour or so) it starts up fine but if I was to leave it a shift (8 hours) it does the juddering. Any ideas? Thanks Kerry

I had a similar problem and mine was due to the power pack? Donna from Devon

Submitted: 01/09/2014 18:01:28 | ID: 102474

jabulani, West Midlands

Why was my question about changing my stereo at Halfords and my car losing power instantly removed? I am offended! I think its a very racist thing to do. Maybe l will change my name to get an answer. Disappointed.

Submitted: 28/08/2014 11:00:51 | ID: 102270

start johnstone, Northumberland

Audible warnings stopped working on doors, lights, keys, wipers, indicators and handbrake anybody help. Had codes read no faults showing cheers.

Submitted: 25/08/2014 16:04:16 | ID: 102094

start johnstone, Northumberland

The warning noise for indicators , doors, wipers ,lights,seatbelts and handbrake have all stopped working ,have had codes read and no faults are showing, any body had this problem and could advise on fix.

Submitted: 23/08/2014 18:38:54 | ID: 101999

jabulani, West Midlands

I went to Halfords to change the original stereo for a pioneer. As soon as l was driving away l noticed the pulling power had gone. I visited lots of garages. Finally l went to this garage where they told me you never change stereo on the old zafira (53 reg). He said the ECU goes through the stereo. And the engine is affected when you change stereo. Is it true? How can this be fixed? Its a turbo diesel.

Submitted: 22/08/2014 17:27:50 | ID: 101945

Brian, Falkirk

My 2006 Zafira 1/6 Life is showing a door open warning light on the dash. I believe this is related to the rear passenger side door as, when I first got this warning light, it would only go out if I slammed this particular door closed, but it is now on permanently. As I need to fix this my question is, where on the door is the sensor/switch that operates the warning light and how would I recognise it? I have read several posts on various websites about this and the information is quite confusing with some people saying the sensor is on the door stay (on the door side and inside the door, not on the pillar side) and others who say it's a micro-switch on the lock mechanism itself, so which is it?

Submitted: 22/08/2014 00:56:49 | ID: 101908

Phyllis Fleming, Ireland

when i turn off the engine there s a noise like a fan going for about a min what couldbit be

It`s A/C fan mate. Turn eCon on and noise will go away. Alvis from Derbyshire