VAUXHALL VECTRA questions and answers

VAUXHALL Vectra

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL VECTRA models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL VECTRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL VECTRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

bobby, Kent

Vauxhall Vectra

How will I know if the gear linkage is worn? It won`t go into reverse unless I open the bonnet and push it in from the gearbox, then it will go into reverse!

Submitted: 23/10/2014 02:47:08 | ID: 105005

sander, Hertfordshire

Vauxhall Vectra

My problem whit it is, im tryng to access the board informatsion [to chek fuel consumtion and so on] but i cant get any access to it. The left adjuster button on wheel seems not to work. Also tryed the bc button and all i get is no config,pushing any button on left or right on panel takes it back to music [change songs]. So im wondering can it be the Fuse burned out for the left adjuster button on wheel? If its possible which fuse might it be? Cuz cheking the manual and cannot find informatsion about it. Thank you.

I forgot to add it`s 1.8 exclusiv petrol 2007 sander from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 13/10/2014 23:29:12 | ID: 104577

Alan Aldridge, Essex

Vauxhall Vectra

Engine overheating. Dashboard warning light continually on. Exhaust manifold gasket "burning away".

Submitted: 10/10/2014 08:53:13 | ID: 104375

adrian, Kent

Vauxhall Vectra

I had steering heaviness and changed the steering coupling and this has eliminated a lot of the issues, however the steering still gets heavy when turning left whilst going slowly. I have checked the alternator and there are no apparent issues, suspension`s ok, springs etc all good. I`m at a loss. Any ideas?

Check the fluid in the addolic motor tank hewton from Ghana

Submitted: 08/10/2014 18:31:35 | ID: 104286

kevin slaven, Essex

Vauxhall Vectra

I have had a problem with my Vauxhall Vectra with the dashboard dials going off for no reason whilst driving. Looking at your readers` forum it seems quite a few other drivers are having the same problem. Surely Vauxhall need to know about this problem as it seems to be quite common and needs to be looked at?

Submitted: 07/10/2014 22:29:57 | ID: 104238

billy mcknight, West Dunbartonshire

Vauxhall Vectra

Hi there, My sister bought a 2003 vectra which I was delivering to her today I drove it for about 20 minutes on the motorway at about 70 I noticed at traffic lights some smoke coming from the engine so stopped it asap at first I thought the oil cap was loose because there was oil on parts of the engine Anyway long story short no warning lights came on and it wasn't overheating checked the oil which was at max and although clean looking there was darker almost black bits in the grooves I drove it back home and just before I arrived the engine management light came on and what I think is the oil pressure sensor going into the manifold? at the front of the engine was smoking. The only other thing I noticed was the yellow oil can and spanner light coming on when putting the keys into the ignition and going out when the engine was running it did not come on when driving and did not overheat. The car runs like 2 cylinders in low gears and did struggle at roundabouts but when reved and driven in higher gears although stuttering it still ran Thanks for any advice Billy

Submitted: 07/10/2014 18:46:39 | ID: 104226

joe brown, Luton

Vauxhall Vectra

my central locking is working ok but it will not unlock the petrol tank flap how can i do it

Submitted: 06/10/2014 22:27:57 | ID: 104188

peter cockroft, West Yorkshire

Auto transmission oil change

Submitted: 05/10/2014 12:57:46 | ID: 104090

melanie, West Lothian

Vauxhall Vectra

My 2nd gear keeps popping out when climbing from first gear and results in high revs from car having to go straight from first to third. Also my 4th starting seeminga little loose today not popped out yet???

Submitted: 02/10/2014 10:27:04 | ID: 103945

davy, County Down

Vauxhall Vectra

I want to locate the automatic transmission gearbox filler plug As I want to check and top up if need be. Thank you DAVY.

Submitted: 02/10/2014 09:20:48 | ID: 103943

neil, Cumbria

Vauxhall Vectra

Hiya, we just got our car through MOT, it needed shockers and arches and wheels and disc changing. Now when doing over 55 mph there is a clicking noise from the back. Any ideas?

Submitted: 30/09/2014 15:50:43 | ID: 103843

Goldie, West Lothian

Vauxhall Vectra

Tempeture guage on my vectra is running high and making whining noise also water was leaking out the bottom of the car

Can you tell me what's wrong? Goldie from West Lothian

It`s either the alternator belt worn, as for water coming from the engine it`s the water pump neal from North Lanarkshire

Submitted: 23/09/2014 18:23:58 | ID: 103528

Geoff Archer, Durham

Vauxhall Vectra

Re previous enquirer, I have same rear light assembly to replace, including the lens. How do I remove ALL of the assembly to replace in total?

Submitted: 10/09/2014 09:57:56 | ID: 102918

Zanna Omar Ali, Nigeria

Vauxhall Vectra

When I insert the key to ignite a padlock shows up on the dashboard and the car cannot start. Somebody told me it might be the keys sensor that got lost. Please help

Disconnect the battery for ten mins to reprogram the memory neal from North Lanarkshire

Submitted: 09/09/2014 15:38:44 | ID: 102853

nenopioneer, Egypt

Vauxhall Vectra

I've a Vectra B 1997 2.0 CD Automatic, does the ABS device failure affect the gearbox performance or prevent the gearbox from shifting to the fourth gear? please advice.

Submitted: 07/09/2014 22:13:17 | ID: 102775

MAlcolm, Hampshire

Vauxhall Vectra

My car has been stored for 2 years with the battery removed I have now fitted a new battery but the car will lock and unlock with the key in the door but if the door is opened the alarm goes off I have removed the relay and fuse from the horn supply but there appears to be another alarm horn. The alarm will not reset or turn off using the key fob even with a new battery in the fob.

Submitted: 04/09/2014 21:20:59 | ID: 102617

MAlcolm, Hampshire

Vauxhall Vectra

Malcolm Hampshire Vectra 1997 2.5 V6 saloon MY car has been stored for 2 years with battery removed on fitting a new battery I can lock and unlock the car with the key but the alarm lights on the dash still flash and if the door is opened the alarm goes off I have removed the fuse and relay for the horn but there seems to be another sounder. How can the alarm be reset please.

Submitted: 04/09/2014 20:53:53 | ID: 102616

andrew morris, Caerphilly

Vauxhall Vectra

I was just coming home and an orange engine light came on and ny car is now spluttering and down on power?

Mine too! It's coughing and spluttering like a good-un! Thing is, sometimes it's as smooth as anything, then there it goes again and I'm struggling to make 15 mph! HELP! Ian Woodford from Worcestershire

if it keeps going down to limp mode it might be diaphragm in the fuel pump there is someone on ebay that will check and repair if but you have to send the fuel pump off the cost is £75 it worked for mine after a lot of expense hope this helps someone pete peter fairhurst from Stoke-on-Trent

Submitted: 03/09/2014 21:41:57 | ID: 102571

nenopioneer, Egypt

Vauxhall Vectra

I've a Vectra B 1997 2.0 CD Automatic, doesn't shift to the 4th gear and then the GEARBOX led lights in the front panel, often the car tends to move hardly if I slow down then reaccelerate. Can anybody help?

Submitted: 02/09/2014 14:12:30 | ID: 102502

paul wilcock, East Riding of Yorkshire

Vauxhall Vectra

Just nicely purchased the car. Went to fill up screen wash & the bottle is split.How do i get to it?

Take passenger`s inner wheel arch off, you can get into the bottle from there neal from North Lanarkshire

Submitted: 30/08/2014 12:13:58 | ID: 102356

Bob Berwick, Perth and Kinross

Vauxhall Vectra

When I engage reverse gear, handbrake or reach 30 mph my speedometer, fuel gauge, temp gauge and rev counter all go off. It also affects my elec windows. I have to switch off ignition and they only start working after i pull off. When i switch on my ignition the red engine light and abs light is on but goes off when when I pull off is it a faulty relay, and if so which one and number? Thank you in anticipation, frustrated Bob!

Submitted: 25/08/2014 21:42:43 | ID: 102124

S.Rockett, South Yorkshire

Vauxhall Vectra

my petrol cap cover will not open it is permantley locked.How do i unlock it

Insert the ignition key and turn it to the left, then spin the cap in the same direction. To lock simply twist the cap to the right until it clicks, insert the key and turn to the right. Hope this helps glenn from Rhondda Cynon Taf

Submitted: 25/08/2014 14:18:28 | ID: 102088

Malcolm Hunt, Cardiff

Vauxhall Vectra

having problem with wiring towbar, the lights to the trailer board are very dim and yet correct.but is there any different bulbs for this car or any different connection to wire in to? i have joined the wires to the near side lamp wires with connections the lamps on the car are bright but the trailer board is very dim tried all earths are correct with no success please can any one help

Submitted: 23/08/2014 21:33:02 | ID: 102011

ivan shaw, City Of Leicester

Vauxhall Vectra

I have radio sound but no display.when I press the settings button audio came up but now there's nothing.

Submitted: 23/08/2014 17:49:15 | ID: 101997

samantha, Merthyr Tydfil

Vauxhall Vectra

I have recently had a new clutch fitted and it`s been driving fine until now, it goes into every gear change but the car stays static? Any answers would be very helpful please.

Submitted: 21/08/2014 23:23:37 | ID: 101905

Stewart morris, Kent

Vauxhall Vectra

Hi guys, I have a Vectra B 1.8 petrol Sri on an 02 plate and I am trying to track down an abs pump for this car. Are there any other pumps that will fit this car, other than a fire pump? Many thanks.

Submitted: 21/08/2014 23:06:49 | ID: 101904

kirkham, Stoke-on-Trent

Vauxhall Vectra

When I rev the engine I get a high pitched whining. I have checked the fan belt and that is okay. Any ideas?

Submitted: 21/08/2014 18:45:43 | ID: 101891

alanottlet, Bedfordshire

Vauxhall Vectra

My engine won`t always turn over - any suggestions?

Submitted: 19/08/2014 20:42:18 | ID: 101784

alanottlet, Bedfordshire

I have starter problems on my Vectra 2.2 petrol 2006 year

Submitted: 19/08/2014 20:22:53 | ID: 101782

craig cummings, Midlothian

Vauxhall Vectra

I need to get anti roll bar done just on offside and play in steering rack inner joints. How much to fix?

Submitted: 19/08/2014 16:58:48 | ID: 101768

harry speakman, Merseyside

Vauxhall Vectra

Cannot open petrol lock even when everything else is open anyway I can bypass for a temp job need answer asp please

Submitted: 18/08/2014 16:47:35 | ID: 101712

olatunde Dairo, West Sussex

Vauxhall Vectra

I just bought a used 2002 model of opel vectra and discover that its aircondition and the radio is not working. Wwhat might have gone wrong?

Submitted: 17/08/2014 23:30:07 | ID: 101673

Roger Armstrong, Norfolk

Vauxhall Vectra

I have a 2.2 diesel vectra estate, and the inside light stopped working. I checked the bulbs and the on/off button, both OK. There is a black plastic panel on the door edge, level with the outside door handle. Someone told me there is some sort of sensor device that needs cleaning to make it work again. If correct, how is it done?

Submitted: 13/08/2014 10:01:25 | ID: 101408

Gary Philip, County Fermanagh

Vauxhall Vectra

My car has multi misfires in the cylinders and I've spent ALOT of money trying to fix it, round my area it's near impossible to get parts for it or to find anyone who knows about my car because they are not that common. Can anyone give me any ideas besides coil pack, plugs ect.... Thanks

Try checking the fuel filter first. Then check the fuel injectors if its clean Joshua Alviar from Philippines

Mate open throttle body up an clean all the carbon out it will run like new Boxy from Australia

Submitted: 09/08/2014 12:14:10 | ID: 101200

Joe Wilson, Staffordshire

Vauxhall Vectra

The crankcase light has suddenly come. I don't believe anything is really wrong as performance doesn't seem to have reduced. Why does the light come on?

Submitted: 06/08/2014 22:40:57 | ID: 101044

Martin godwin, Greater Manchester

Vauxhall Vectra

Every now and again I get plooms of smoke coming out the wheel arch and exhaust fumes inside the car and idle is a bit rough

Submitted: 05/08/2014 18:45:07 | ID: 100976

nick, Lincolnshire

Vauxhall Vectra

when I turn key once I get a clicken sound around dash area even when I first start it my vehicle runs perfect but it drives me mad

Submitted: 05/08/2014 16:25:28 | ID: 100964

Stino, Germany

Vauxhall Vectra

Hi, there are two brake lights on the right hand side of my car but only one of them is working. when i removed the bulb that is working, the one that wasn't working starts to work. Your help will be much appreciated .

Submitted: 05/08/2014 09:36:42 | ID: 100932

chris, Lancashire

Vauxhall Vectra

my 98 1.8 Vectra will not select 4th gear and whistles in the rest why?.

Submitted: 04/08/2014 01:45:55 | ID: 100870

ant, Northumberland

Vauxhall Vectra

Hi I have a 1.8 Vectra all the time I start the car the ABS warning light goes on and it doesn't go out. I Changed the brake's the day after I paid for the car but my brother said it was on when he had the car. I have check the fuse's all around the car and I changed the ABS pump what else can I do to get the light out and get it to pass a mot

check the abs sensor on the wheel hub, put it on a diagnostic machine it will tell you which ones faulty mo from Bedfordshire

Submitted: 03/08/2014 16:15:25 | ID: 100836