VAUXHALL MOVANO questions and answers

VAUXHALL Movano

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL MOVANO models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL MOVANO. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL MOVANO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Marc White, Essex

Vauxhall Movano 2006

Hi. I have a 2006 Vauxhall Movano 2.5 cdti and the cambelt snapped at 40mph, it never made any noises though. I put a new belt on and have normal compression but it will not fire. Have I done any damage? Thanks. (van)

Submitted: 03/03/2014 11:05:22 | ID: 62455

Matt Smith, Yorkshire

Vauxhall Movano 2003

Sometimes when I first start my Vauxhall Movano van there is a ticking coming from the engine. Could this be an injector as when it`s warmed up it`s fine? (Movano dti 3500 lwb 2463 cc)

Submitted: 21/02/2014 16:13:59 | ID: 62260

Glyn Trevor, Wrexham

Vauxhall Movano 2003

My Vauxhall Movano van does about 10K per year and has 100K on the clock. It is well maintained, runs well and is fuel efficient, but now has excessive oil consumption. There is no smoke or any signs of a leak and our service mechanic is at a loss as to the reason for this. Does anyone out there have the answer please? (Movano DTI 3300 MWB)

Submitted: 14/02/2014 15:23:30 | ID: 62114

Alex Newton, England

Vauxhall Movano 2005

Hi. I have a Vauxhall Movano and the belt keeps coming off and the steering is hard. When the belt goes back on it`s fine but it`s hard to turn left. It`s had new power steering fluid. Can anybody give any help? Thanks.

Submitted: 13/02/2014 12:11:35 | ID: 68186

Shawn Hook, Cornwall

Vauxhall Movano 2009

I`ve got a Vauxhall Movano high top. It`s ex NHS with fibreglass all done out in the back. Can you tell me how to turn the lights out telling me when I leave the doors open as it will run the battery down after a while? Thanks.

Submitted: 31/01/2014 16:04:29 | ID: 61524

Mark Bishop, Lincolnshire

Vauxhall Movano 2011

My Vauxhall Movano`s service light has come on at 19,000 miles but it`s not ready for a service, according to the dealer this should be 25,000. How do I turn off the service light? (2.3 cdti)

Submitted: 09/01/2014 15:07:40 | ID: 60527

Patrick Fitzy, Oxfordshire

Vauxhall Movano 2002

My Vauxhall Movano will not start when cold. No faults show on the diagnostics test, the glow plugs are okay and the fuel pressure is okay. Does anyone know what it could be please?

Submitted: 02/01/2014 08:57:50 | ID: 59993

Michael Squirrell, England

Vauxhall Movano 2000

Hi. I have recently bought a 2000 Vauxhall Movano 2.5d. The orange light on the left hand side of the dashboard stays on for about 30 minutes when driving and then it goes out. Is this anything to worry about because I do not know what the light means? Cheers. (2.5d)

Submitted: 12/12/2013 14:02:12 | ID: 59084

Colin Warman, Somerset

Vauxhall Movano 1993

Hiya. Where can I buy a bulb holder and plus loom for my Vauxhall Movana rear driver`s side? Thank you.

Submitted: 26/11/2013 11:46:59 | ID: 58254

Warren Goodbody, Cornwall

Vauxhall Movano 2004

Hi, I have air in my Vauxhall Movano`s fuel system. I`ve just changed the fuel pump but it`s not cured. It looks like it`s coming from the tank towards the fuel filter only a bit fizzy now. Can anyone help? (crew cab)

Submitted: 15/11/2013 14:59:14 | ID: 57946

Shane Cartwright, Suffolk

Vauxhall Movano 2004

Could someone tell me where the water pump is on this Vauxhall Movano model? Thanks. (2.5dti 115 bhp)

Submitted: 08/11/2013 11:39:32 | ID: 57305

Gordon Melvin, Renfrewshire

Vauxhall Movano 2003

My Vauxhall Movano`s brakes lights are not working but the bulbs are okay. What could it be?

Brake light switch under brake pedal Kev Bridge from Lancashire

Submitted: 28/10/2013 12:56:24 | ID: 56749

Henry Love, Kent

Vauxhall Movano 2000

Where are the timing marks on the top pully of my Vauxhall Movano? There are two one slits, one bigger? (2.5.d)

Submitted: 28/10/2013 11:28:00 | ID: 52892

Cameron Gauld, Inverness-shire

Vauxhall Movano 2000

My Vauxhall Movano Van flattens batteries after 2 or 3 days. I have fitted a new battery. The alternator light goes out and the battery charges when the van is running, but if I leave it overnight the battery drains and after 3 days I have to jump lead it. I have disconnected the interior light inside the van thinking maybe it was draining. I disconnected the aux socket on the dash at night but I still get a flat battery in the morning. I`m banging my head against the wall. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how do I fix it? (2.8dti)

Submitted: 22/10/2013 11:32:54 | ID: 56540

Dennis Nulty, Lancashire

Vauxhall Movano 2002

Has anyone had a problem with their key refusing to operate the doors of their Vauxhall Movano? I have had a replacement key from Vauxhall and now the fault seems to be repeating itself. The light on the key is not flashing even though I have replaced the battery. I can access the van manually but the central locking is not working. Any suggestions?

Got the same problem on a 2002. Told it could be the Body Control Module. This is a separate box in control of the imob/door lock sim box behind steering wheel, as well as the keys apparently. My key works once after reset then stops and won’t retain the reset progm. I’m at a loss as the BCM is about £400 to replace. If you have had any luck with a solution I would love to hear. Jay from Hampshire

Submitted: 03/10/2013 11:14:03 | ID: 55768

Tim, Cheshire

Vauxhall Movano 2004

Hi. I have a Vauxhall Movano 2004. It does have a G9U engine. It is putting oil in the water tank but not any water in the oil. The engine does run fine, there is no overheating, no smoke, nor smoke bubbles coming out of the water tank. What is wrong with my engine? Is it the head gasket gone or it is something else? Could it be that they mix together, oil and water somewhere else, like a water pump gasket failure?

Submitted: 06/09/2013 10:55:11 | ID: 54043

Darren Pettinger, England

Vauxhall Movano 2005

I have a clicking noise under the driver`s side front wheel of my Vauxhall Movano as if something is hitting the trim as it goes round, but I can`t see anything there. Also it only starts at 30mph, not under. Any idea what it could be please?

Submitted: 29/08/2013 09:22:23 | ID: 53715

Keith Wainwright, England

Vauxhall Movano 2008

I want to fit an oil pressure gauge to my Vauxhall Movano van. Does anyone know the thread size in the block g9u650 engine? I need to do this because I think the sender is duff. It intermittently comes on when the engine is cold but is fine when it`s hot. It sounds and runs fine but has been doing this for weeks now. Can anyone help me out please?

Submitted: 01/08/2013 10:47:47 | ID: 53206

Michael Gunn, England

Vauxhall Movano 2003

On my 2003 Vauxhall Movano, when swapping an engine do the engine numbers have to match? I have one engine which is a 5J and the other is 10J. Does this make any difference? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Submitted: 17/06/2013 12:46:44 | ID: 92434

Bill Cornish, England

Vauxhall Movano 2005

I`m just wondering what would cause my Vauxhall Movano van to over rev when changing gear for a while, then it stops and the revs go back to normal. Then when it`s turned off and back on it goes back to square one again. It`s very irritating. I am guessing it`s something simple but any offers to a solution would be very much appreciated. Any ideas please? (lwb)

Try putting your foot under the clutch and pulling clutch up towards you, mine over revved for a few seconds and it sorted it, think there must be a sensor or something underneath Dave Barbe from Cambridgeshire

Make sure the pedal is pushing the switch in when your foot is off. If it is remove the switch and test. Pete Movano from England

Submitted: 11/04/2013 10:13:41 | ID: 90852

Fraser Christian, England

Vauxhall Movano 2001

My Vauxhall Movano 2.5 dvi 2001 has oil leaking out of the cover plate of the water pump. One hole is centre front and the other mid left side. Should these be breathers or are there grommets or maybe a pipe missing etc? Recently I changed the turbo thinking that was causing the breathing problem. Can anyone help? Thank you. (Van 2.5 dti)

There is a rev limiter switch behind the clutch pedal that stops the engine from over revving when the clutch is depressed. It may be the switch that is at fault. I had this happen to me (had to tell the technician what the problem could be! never went back to that garage again) so it should come up on the fault code reader. Hope this helps Mr Helpuifican from Suffolk

Submitted: 05/04/2013 09:53:49 | ID: 68431

Mark, England

Vauxhall Movano 2002

The spanner light in my Vauxhall Movano comes on every so often and also what looks like a man sitting with a ball in his lap, which I take it is the airbag? What does this mean?

Submitted: 28/02/2013 09:19:18 | ID: 91958

Davy Barned, Northumberland

Vauxhall Movano 2001

Hi. Can anybody please help? My Y reg 2001 Vauxhall Movano Luton drives reasonably well til it hits even the slightest incline and then it loses power dramatically, forcing me to drop down all the gears, even on the motorway. Any suggestions? Thank you. (Luton)

On the right hand side of the engine just below the expansion tank there are 2 air pipes, check that these are connected properly and have no splits in, as this can also throw a light on the dash sometimes to say there is an electrical fault Gareth Booton from England

Hi our Movano used to do this and it got worse and worse. Took it to multiple garages that did a lot of unnecessary work costing us a fortune. I then trawled the forums and found out it is an easy fix. There is a mass air flow sensor next to the air filter which gets dirty over time and stops working. I bought a new one off eBay for about L75 and fitted it myself in about 5 mins (just 2 jubilee clips!) and hey presto...power is back and van drives like new! Craig Novell from Cheshire

Submitted: 21/02/2013 10:35:29 | ID: 83386

Russell Button, England

Vauxhall Movano 2001

I have got no fuel gauge in my Vauxhall Movano van and I have noticed the pot one injector is leaking fuel. Are the two related and how can I sort the leak? It`s at the bottom of the injector and under load it sprays everywhere?

Submitted: 07/02/2013 09:48:03 | ID: 84718

Adam Amos, West Lothian (Linlithgowshire)

Vauxhall Movano 2008

Hi! I have a Vauxhall Movano 2646cc diesel van which has fault code: DF017 (Pre-Heating Control Circuit). Can anyone please tell me the remedy for this? The van runs very well, however I would like to eliminate this fault. Thanks, (2646cc diesel)

Submitted: 21/01/2013 16:21:22 | ID: 89065

Kim Francis, Berkshire

Vauxhall Movano 2001

Please could anyone tell me where I would find the gearbox fluid container to top it up on a Vauxhall Movano van please? Thank you.

Hi, if you are talking about a manual transmission there is no container to top up. There is a rubber /plastic plug half way up the front of the gearbox, remove this when your van is on a level surface and fill up until oil runs back out from this hole, then refit the plug and that’s it. Andrew Gower from Leicestershire

Submitted: 08/01/2013 11:26:02 | ID: 67309

Simon Parkinson, Lancashire

Vauxhall Movano 2002

My Vauxhall Movano 2002 has a blowing injector, could it be a copper washer?

Hi. Yes, most times on common rail diesels it is the copper washer that fails and blows causing carbonisation (black gunk stuff). Clean the surrounding area and blow away dust etc. Then the injector and clean thoroughly; a lot of the time it is neccessary to recut/re face the copper washer seating face. Next fit a new washer and that’s it. Andrew Gower from Leicestershire

Submitted: 14/09/2012 10:04:21 | ID: 73799

Brian Cole, England

Vauxhall Movano 2007

Does a Vauxhall Movano van have a cam belt or a chain? It is 12 weeks off an 08. (cdti.LWB)

Cam belt Edi White from England

Submitted: 23/08/2012 11:24:50 | ID: 52814

Michelle, Gloucestershire

Vauxhall Movano 2003

My Vauxhall Movano van starts, drives, then cuts out and stops. We have changed the high pressure pump, fuel sensor top and bottom, this has made a little difference but it still stops. Any suggestions please?

You need to change a fuel filter Denis from England

Hi, I think I have had the same problem with an old Fiat Ducato i had... It is air getting into the fuel system Michael Fawcett from England

Yes, on the high pressure diesel left of engine a small component with a wire coming from it controls diesel pressure. It’s that every time, fault makes van stall all the time... 2nd hand Renault part will fit fine... Mark Bradshaw from England

It is the injectors, you can get them reconditiond or buy new. I had the same problem. I had a bleed test dune and found 2 injectors faulty. Changed them with 2 second hand ones and it was good as new for 1000 miles then it started again. Spoke to a mechanic who said when injectors start to go it is better to do all of them as they are probably all on there way out. I changed all and now van is good as new, has done 2.000 miles no prob Clifford Woolley from England

Submitted: 21/08/2012 14:52:26 | ID: 85756

Tim Mowatt, England

Vauxhall Movano 2005

The driver`s door on my Vauxhall Movano does not catch properly when closing, unless the door is pushed slowly and then pressed home. Even then sometimes it bounces and I am not convinced it will not open again when driving. The passenger side door closes fine but does not always open when the handle is operated from the outside. Are we likely to need replacement parts or adjustments of existing ones? Thanks.

Mines exactly the same on a 53 plate? Interested to see if anyone knows anything... Nick Cooper from Sussex

I had the same problem. I took it to a bodywork mate of mine and he adjusted the door hinges on the pillar. He said it’s just like a upvc door, they drop from time to time. Opens and closes a treat now David Walker from Cheshire

Submitted: 20/08/2012 11:43:17 | ID: 87163

Brian Flood, Ireland

Vauxhall Movano 2007

Does anybody know how to turn the airbag and service light off on a 2007 Movano? Thanks.

Submitted: 07/08/2012 16:35:38 | ID: 70158

Tim Thomas, England

Vauxhall Movano 2002

My Vauxhall Movano has had a new head gasket fitted but is still getting air bubbles in the header tank and water pressurising and forcing water back up. Can anyone help?

Cracked head Robert Copper from England

Submitted: 31/07/2012 10:12:48 | ID: 88760

Martin Hollins, Hampshire

Vauxhall Movano 2001

Hi, my Vauxhall Movano`s gear box has given up the ghost! I am looking at a reconditioned one but have been told the codes have to match. The one I’m looking at is from the same year as mine and same engine size and everything, mine has pf1 aa009 and the one I’m looking at has pf1 s08, is this any relevance? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (2.2dti lwb high top)

I have been told the same thing but I have also been told a Renault Master 2.2 g/box may fit. I am currently testing this out Mike Ogier from England

Submitted: 27/07/2012 10:09:49 | ID: 88423

Jimmy Cullen, Gwynedd

Vauxhall Movano 2001

Hi. Could anyone help me please? My Vauxhall Movano won`t go into third gear, only when parked up with the engine off. I`ve checked my gear selector and that`s fine. Please can someone help me, I`m desperate? (2.2 tdi mwb)

Submitted: 10/07/2012 11:47:16 | ID: 85629

Roger Pedleham, Durham

Vauxhall Movano 2005

My Vauxhall Movano van keeps shredding auxiliary belts. Why could that happen? (panel van)

My van also did this till I removed the steering pump pulley when I found a piece of old belt was wrapped around the pulley, after removing that I have had no problems Rob Une from Lothians

Get all the pully wheels checked. Sounds to me as if one has a chip out of it or one is seizing up John Lynn from Lanarkshire

Submitted: 18/06/2012 11:57:55 | ID: 87842

Cameron Martin, Lincolnshire

Vauxhall Movano 2002

My Vauxhall Movano has a persistent engine oil leak. The garage identified it as coming from the head gasket. My oil indicator light says that the oil level is okay so I have no need to replenish the oil. Is there a sealant I could use to seal the head gasket?

Submitted: 15/06/2012 10:47:46 | ID: 87199

Nicholas Hines, Leicestershire

Vauxhall Movano

My Vauxhall Movano van keeps on cutting out. It is also leaking diesel from the right hand side. When the van cuts out I manually pump the fuel filter which seems to clear air out and the van starts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Submitted: 25/04/2012 12:23:31 | ID: 82169

Abie Foley, South Africa

Vauxhall Movano 2007

How do I replace a waterpump on a Vauxhall Movano, 2.5 cdti G9UC engine? (xlwb panel van)

Submitted: 27/03/2012 15:05:50 | ID: 70798

Mick Carter, Suffolk

Vauxhall Movano 2003

Could anyone please tell me where on my Vauxhall Movano the crank shaft timing position pin goes when fitting a new timing belt? (2.2)

Submitted: 22/03/2012 10:11:32 | ID: 70780

Fred, Staffordshire

Vauxhall Movano 2004

The ignition switch on my Vauxhall Movano needs replacing. Do I need to reset the immobiliser and if so, how? Thanks. (2.5 cdti)

Submitted: 07/03/2012 11:08:25 | ID: 74694