VAUXHALL MERIVA questions and answers

VAUXHALL Meriva

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL MERIVA models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL MERIVA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL MERIVA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Dave, Newport

Vauxhall Meriva

My meriva rear upper brake light not working all other lights working,and can I drive the car if it isn't working

Submitted: 01/08/2015 15:57:32 | ID: 119211

Dave, Newport

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi my meriva rear upper brake light not working,all other lights working ,any clues

Submitted: 01/08/2015 15:53:45 | ID: 119210

ste, Merseyside

Vauxhall Meriva

My seat belt and door alarm keep going off when i drive when someone is sat in back of car even though all doors are shut and seat belts clipped in

Submitted: 01/08/2015 12:02:41 | ID: 119201

alan wright, Somerset

Vauxhall Meriva

I am unable to open the boot. The central locking system opens all doors except the boot. I was told there is a small lever you can reach from the inside but this cannot be located. what other way can I try please?

Submitted: 30/07/2015 21:00:16 | ID: 119144

Rob, Norfolk

Vauxhall Meriva

Anybody know how to test the cooling fan on my 2012 Meriva? Relays both look ok but when engine gets hot in traffic bell warning activates in cockpit but fan does not start.

Submitted: 28/07/2015 16:13:17 | ID: 119032

neil, Merseyside

Vauxhall Meriva

I just drove my vauxhall meriva 1.7diesel and the steering wheel felt really stiff like the power steering had gone. I stopped for five minutes. Started up again and it was okay. Any ldiea what that means

Submitted: 27/07/2015 16:08:27 | ID: 118986

Ray, Kent

Vauxhall Meriva

where is the a/c recycle intake vent placed.

Submitted: 25/07/2015 02:27:16 | ID: 118865

Helen, Flintshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi'ive recently noticed oil patchs wher my car is parked,ive had somone look underneath n they sed it ther was wet oil at the front" it dosent affect the car drining in anyway at all,but i dont no if itl be worth gettin it fixed'if its to expensive,& to ne honest its all ive got,pls can anybody give me an idea of wot im looking at as im wirried that by driving it as little as possible as it is'im afraid ill do more damage,so ud appreciate any help thanks

Submitted: 24/07/2015 15:48:58 | ID: 118850

R.Mallard, Essex

Vauxhall Meriva

Please, where is the horn located on a meriva

Hi, I have just changed mine (2011 plate). The horn is both visible from the top and from underneath the engine. If you are standing looking at the engine the horn is located down through the gap to the left of where you check the oil, approximately half an arm length down. From the top you can make out a kind of silver saucer shaped horn and the top bolt which holds the horn onto the bracket. Being a girl (and blonde) I found it easier to take the whole thing off from underneath, with the aid of a kerb. If you buy the part from vauxhall it's a simple clip connector and 1 bolt, they cost £20 but it's a lot less hassle than the universal ones for £5.99 on ebay. If changing from the top you need 2 people (one person applying upward force from below and the other screwing on the bolt), from the underside of the car it only takes one person and a rachet. Hope this helps Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 18/07/2015 16:34:36 | ID: 118603

ALAN, Perth and Kinross

Vauxhall Meriva

Engine difficult to start car sits for four hours or more .Engine turns over but takes up to three mins to start ok when car starts

Submitted: 13/07/2015 14:46:07 | ID: 118409

ray, Cornwall

Vauxhall Meriva

I have a 2006 meriva design with twin roof lights , the front light has suddenly started leaking during heavy rain fall , there is is no obvious reason visible for this what could be the cause?

Submitted: 12/07/2015 12:04:59 | ID: 118370

Simon, Nottinghamshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi could anyone help me i have a meriva semi auto 2004reg and i would like to know what the letter f mean's on the dashboard of my meriva.

Submitted: 12/07/2015 07:37:03 | ID: 118356

James Bedwell, Kent

Vauxhall Meriva

Hello. Hoping someone can help and it's a quick fix. I turned my engine on yesterday and the rear windscreen wiper and washer came on. Button on wiper lever was in off position. I moved the lever everyway but wouldn't turn it off. No idea if I had done something but as far as I'm aware not... I Took it to a vauxhall service centre and he held the lever forward for a good 20 seconds and it stopped. The guy said that he thinks there is a fault and needs booking in as pulling the lever forward is for the front wipers not the rear. Just checking this is the case, it's not happened since although not touched any of it since. My service centre is a nightmare to get to so just getting a second opinion before taking it in. Many thanks in advance. Any advice gratefully received.

Submitted: 11/07/2015 16:08:46 | ID: 118336

Janet C Henaghan, Staffordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

After driving around a hundred miles on the motorway I exited and was going around a roundabout when my battery light came on and my engine stopped. I managed to restart it again and continued another 50 miles without a problem. Could it be that I need a new battery or is it something more serious?

Submitted: 10/07/2015 16:43:36 | ID: 118303

Janet C Henaghan, Staffordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

I was going around a roundabout after doing around a hundred miles on the motorway when my battery light came on and my car stopped. I managed to restart it and continue my journey. Would it be so simple as needing a new battery or something more serious?

Submitted: 10/07/2015 16:32:27 | ID: 118301

Colin Jones, Wrexham

Vauxhall Meriva

Door handle driver side has become loose the left side of the door handle it is coming out too far, feels like something has gone adrift inside, can i get access to handle by removing screw from inside panel or is it going to be a garage job. advice if possible would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Submitted: 08/07/2015 21:18:44 | ID: 118229

Colin Jones, Wrexham

Vauxhall Meriva

Discovered today that when opening driver door the handle comes out unevenly feels like something on left side of handle has come adrift inside. The panel inside of door seems to be held in place by one screw, can I get access to door handle by removing panel. Do hope this makes sense all new to me. regards.

Submitted: 08/07/2015 21:04:57 | ID: 118227

david, Norfolk

Vauxhall Meriva

my 1600cc 8 valve mariva car cuts out after about 2 miles can u please tel me what this might b and can it b fixed thank u david fickling

Submitted: 07/07/2015 16:54:37 | ID: 118163

Martin, Somerset

My temperature gauge go up pass 90 then go back 90 then up again

Silly question but have you checked your water and coolant? My meriva (2011) did this when the coolant needed topped up. The garage said it was a faulty thermostat, as this causes the same issue, but it was just the water in this instance. Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 04/07/2015 21:40:17 | ID: 118057

Carrie Scott , Bedfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi, I've got a 2011 Meriva. I've started to experience acceleration problems where occasionally the acceleration at low revs feels very sluggish and jumpy before kicking in. There are no EM lights coming up. This tends to happen more after the car has been running for a while 20 mins or more. The rev counter seems to move smoothly when this happens but it's clear that there's something not right. I don't want to take it into the dealership just yet without any ideas what the problem could be. Any ideas?

Same issue with my Meriva last year.... The garage put it on the computer and sure enough there was a major fault there. They couldn't find the fault at first (took 5 days) and then it was the coils that needed changing. If I were you I would take it to the garage, tell them you took it somewhere else and they have advised you it is the coils, this way if you ask them to check them first it will save you £££'s Eventually as the issue grows the car will lose power altogether or not start at all. Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 03/07/2015 09:01:21 | ID: 117981

Dawn barraclough, West Yorkshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Today I went in the boot of my car for something and when I came to close it iam unable to it refuses to click shut ift feels like there is something in the way and will not click shut

Submitted: 30/06/2015 19:09:38 | ID: 117866

Sally, Bedfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi I've bought 1.4 merviva. 05 breeze temp gauge goes to near middle mark even after driving for 5 minutes is this normal

Submitted: 23/06/2015 21:00:55 | ID: 117616

p long, Kent

Vauxhall Meriva

what could be the problem when the exhaust system liight comes on

exhaust system light on what could be the problem p long from Kent

Submitted: 23/06/2015 17:30:11 | ID: 117602

Katie godfree, Bedfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

I have had the back side of my car kicked by a lovely teenager on a motorbike and he has dented my back panel (just after the back door on the left hand side) I was wondering if you could help as to where I can get this replaced and how much roughly it will cost.

Submitted: 21/06/2015 15:25:05 | ID: 117500

Des, Merthyr Tydfil

Vauxhall Meriva

could you tell me where the oil pressure switch is located in this model please? I would be grateful if you could reply asap as I am about to change it, but cannot see where it is thankyou. Its a Vauxhall Meriva CDTi 13..

Submitted: 18/06/2015 10:22:14 | ID: 117358

m.ehane, Kent

Vauxhall Meriva

how many gears on automatic

On a automatic it is six Steve from Yorkshire

Submitted: 16/06/2015 17:51:14 | ID: 117289

John, West Sussex

Vauxhall Meriva

My Meriva is 4 years old and has only done 12000 miles, but the fuel gauge is now faulty. It stays permanently in the red with fuel light on. When I fill it up, it goes to 3/4, then slowly moves up to full. As soon as fuel drops to 3/4 again fuel gauge goes back to in the red. Found out by accident that if the battery is disconnected for a short time, the fuel gauge then works perfectly for a couple of days, then reverts to fault. Any help appreciated, as I don't want to pay for a 'trial and error' in the garage.

Submitted: 16/06/2015 16:44:21 | ID: 117284

Angela, Suffolk

Vauxhall Meriva

Only had my car for a couple of weeks and tried filling it up. Both times it would only let me fill 1/2 to 3/4 full. Can anyone tell me why?

Sounds like a faulty fuel gauge. You can try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting to see if it resets. If not its a garage job Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 16/06/2015 12:42:27 | ID: 117274

steve, Essex

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi l have fitted a new battery, and new fuel pump and fuel pump relay all this week and still my car wont start apparently no fuel is getting through, l was using the car daily no problems sometimes took a couple of time to start its a semi auto .l used the car in the morning went to use it in the afternoon and it was dead, so carried out the work above. Can someone give me some much needed advice it would be gratefully appreciated.

hi there it could be you crank shaft sensor car won`t start if sensor is faulty paul from Staffordshire

Submitted: 13/06/2015 23:07:23 | ID: 117169

john, Greater Manchester

Vauxhall Meriva

my clutch pedal on my petrol 2012 meriva is squeaking when pushed down and released.This happens when it is warm.Does not seem to happen when it is cold.Also heard a loud click from the clutch pedal.Advice please.

I have the same problem and im looking for some answers around the internet, i think i might try some clutch lube if i can get some, or silicon or lithium grease. If you lube it yourself, you will have to keep lubing it, though. So in some cases it may be best to get it to replaced. Cormac from County Londonderry

Submitted: 05/06/2015 13:06:58 | ID: 116832

DAVE CONFREY, Darlington

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi i have a problom with my rear wiper not parking propeily. I have changed the motor and the stalk.But do not know which relay it is,. so can not get the part number. Or do you think it may be something eles wrong with it..

Submitted: 02/06/2015 08:25:43 | ID: 116709

philip, Derbyshire

Vauxhall Meriva

what does service vehicle light mean

Submitted: 31/05/2015 21:05:08 | ID: 116668

M Leszczuk, Cumbria

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi I have just bought 2010(10) Vauxhall Meriva 1.4 S 16V turbo estate. It has done just over 40 000 miles till now and had its service 6 months ago but I can not see any record of its timing belt being changed. I looked for some answers online and they seem to vary a lot. Wanted to know how often should the timing belt be changed on this model? Please can you help.

Submitted: 30/05/2015 18:00:48 | ID: 116636

john, Surrey

Vauxhall Meriva

My new meriva has the tyre pressure light on all the time ,I have checked all tyre pressures ,also messed about with the menu on lever ,but not clear on settings for tyers.

Submitted: 25/05/2015 12:20:05 | ID: 116436

raff, Northamptonshire

Vauxhall Meriva

when my washer fluid level is low, I do not have an in car warning message or light

What year vehicle as they don't all have these. Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 24/05/2015 17:00:36 | ID: 116410

jan, Greater Manchester

Vauxhall Meriva

Anyone any idea how much it should cost to fit 2 engine mountings , one front & one back on my Meriva? I took it to local garage and he said the parts are £100 each , but online they seem to be anything from £20 - £45. I feel Im being ripped off. Being charged £280 altogether. I dont even know if 2 have gone (seems a bit of a coincidence ......) Be grateful for any help

Submitted: 20/05/2015 15:42:00 | ID: 116264

Leonie, South Africa

Vauxhall Meriva

Good day. I have an Opel Meriva 2007 model 1.6. It sounds like a diesel or tracker and is just getting worse. It is not the lifters. What else could it be?

Submitted: 14/05/2015 20:25:37 | ID: 116043

R Salisbury, Oxfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

The passenger seat has no lever on the side to lower the seat and I can`t find a way to lower it. The handbook shows this lever. Can you advise please?

Submitted: 11/05/2015 12:53:06 | ID: 115881

kath laidlaw, Cheshire

Vauxhall Meriva

we have just got an 2 year old Meriva but we got no drivers manual with it and there are lights coming on and we don't know what they mean , we have worked a lot out but not all . Can you please help

You can download a user manual online. Just put the details into Google and it will show a range of pdf's Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 08/05/2015 19:34:25 | ID: 115767

Julie, Fife

Vauxhall Meriva

I have a Vauxhall Meriva life 1.6 8v. The problem I have is when the car is cold it runs fine but as soon as it starts to warm up the engine light comes on, it's the one with the car with the spanner through it. I have had it to a garage which told me it was the electronic accelerator pedal which I replaced but I still have the fault. Can you give me any ideas as to what the fault could be? Thanks

Double check your E.C.U, mine had a similar issue but a battery warning sign used to appear only to find out the problem is the E.C.U. Wendy Tembeni from South Africa

Submitted: 06/05/2015 19:50:01 | ID: 115648