VAUXHALL MERIVA questions and answers

VAUXHALL Meriva

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL MERIVA models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL MERIVA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL MERIVA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

M kinchin, Oxfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Have just bought my meriva s/h in the owners manual it said there should be a car pass . There is a sticker in the service manual with key & security number , etc . Would that be it ?

Submitted: 25/08/2015 20:31:51 | ID: 120331

paul, Warwickshire

Vauxhall Meriva

hi, we have a 2011 1.7 dti meriva and while driving we seemed to suffer a loss of power, meaning the car would only accelerate slowly. Having left the car for and hour or two we returned to the car and it had righted itself and drove normally, but this has since reoccurred and there seems to be an intermittent fault. Has anyone had the same problem and if so could you please tell me what the fault was

Submitted: 22/08/2015 18:31:24 | ID: 120173

Des Mogridge, North Yorkshire

Vauxhall Meriva

I have a warning light in the top centre of the speedo it shows a red door with a key inside and a hyphen next to it and there is a constant beep but no alarm code.

Submitted: 21/08/2015 20:51:23 | ID: 120139

Philip E Bergin, Northamptonshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Central locking stopped working 2 days ago I press the fob lights flash but that's it, have to use key to open drivers door but none of the others open, have to manually open or close other doors.

Submitted: 19/08/2015 19:37:59 | ID: 120042

Stephen Davies, Lancashire

Vauxhall Meriva

My meriva 1.4 whines when power applied when travelling at 30mph at faster speeds OK Is this normal for this model

I've been told it's normal as mine does this as well Xx Jackie from Essex

Submitted: 18/08/2015 20:13:15 | ID: 120000

Barry, South Africa

Vauxhall Meriva

Opel Meriva 1.6 a/c 5 door +- 2006 Very recently oil light comes on after 10 - 20 klms normal 110 -120klms p/hr highway driving...happened only twice now in the last month . stop and turn off engine....check oil level after couple minutes standing...oil level at max on dip stick. starts fine again and oil light off and drives as normal. Has not occurred yet while city/town driving. Oil and filter service done +- 5000klms ago and all been fine so oil should still be ok...looks light brown and feels smooth/not gritty. At present weather/road condition is dry and warm...15 - 28 deg C and reasonable tar road surface. Vehicle privately and gently driven and has had no other issues so far...owned for about 4 yrs so far. Any ideas please??

Submitted: 17/08/2015 20:45:26 | ID: 119945

smith, Peterborough

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi we brought a Vauxhall meriva 1600 petrol runs like a dream but when driving it you get to 40mph and 60mph theres a shaking coming from the left front of the car ,we put a new gearbox mount on but it not made a difference to it what could this be

Submitted: 15/08/2015 19:28:02 | ID: 119839

Chris, Bristol

Vauxhall Meriva

I have taken my Meriva 1.4 Turbo to garage 3 times with same problem. When air conditioning has been used the temp gauge goes up and a really loud whirring sound starts. First time the garage said no fault and I had to pay a charge. 2nd time I had smoke coming from the engine and had to call AA out who towed me to garage. Garage said the water coolant bottle was split and needed replacing. AA said it needed a new thermostat part. 3rd time, 2 days after 1yr g'tee had run out on coolant bottle the garage said this one had split and that I would have to pay as it was out of guarantee period. This was approx. 3mths ago. The same thing is now happening again and as I am not keen on taking it back to same garage, where I had bought it and regularly have it serviced, does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening.

Submitted: 15/08/2015 19:09:42 | ID: 119836

Kelly Hemming, Worcestershire

Vauxhall Meriva

Have a 2012 (march) vauxhall 1.4 merivia, petrol Turbo Ex last month we were driving at 40mph and our brakes applied themselves, swerving the car, loss of steering and engie cut out, oh and lots of error codes popping up on screen. we had just ran out of warranty, and vauxhall offered a 70% reduction on the £2000 bill, whilst i think they should foot the full 100% im more concerned about the safety, they cant guarantee it wont happen again, cause its not been recalled, i have reported at VOSA safety team As anyone else had this problem???

Submitted: 14/08/2015 15:19:32 | ID: 119766

Meriva, Essex

Vauxhall Meriva

Got code 22 coming up on my dash checked lights can't see any probs . When you turn Side lights on day running lights go dim but no other light comes on ?

Submitted: 13/08/2015 19:05:29 | ID: 119729

Rachael, Lancashire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi we have a meriva design 1.6, purchased two months ago. Last week the battery light came on towards the end of my journey, the next day it was fine. A day or two later it happened whilst driving and the clocks died, however lights etc still worked and checked battery with volt meter and was fine. The day after it happened again, but once the engine was turned off it would not start again. Battery was not dead. It started a few hours later however battery light lit again after a few mins. Checked with diagnostic kit came up 'can bus' however didn't give a specific code. Any ideas?!

Submitted: 10/08/2015 19:40:19 | ID: 119581

caroline, Northumberland

Vauxhall Meriva

hi, i have the 1.7 diesel and despite being full my petrol gauge stays on empty.....any ideas plz, other than keep it topped up till i can book it into garage and wonder what kinda expense if others have had the same

take car back to where you bought it from , and tell them you want a diesel gauge fitting paul from West Yorkshire

take car back to where you bought it from, and tell them you want a diesel gauge fitting paul from West Yorkshire

Submitted: 08/08/2015 10:19:40 | ID: 119493

Brown, Hertfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Why have I got a code 6 come up on dashboard only brought car 2 days ago mReive 1.4 exclusive

Submitted: 07/08/2015 23:20:20 | ID: 119488

Dave, Newport

Vauxhall Meriva

My meriva rear upper brake light not working all other lights working,and can I drive the car if it isn't working

Fix myself lucky,had a look at the loom at top left of boot doors hen open, found broken wire repaired it all working now.so if anybody gets same fault check wiring first save time. Dave from Newport

Submitted: 01/08/2015 15:57:32 | ID: 119211

Dave, Newport

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi my meriva rear upper brake light not working,all other lights working ,any clues

Submitted: 01/08/2015 15:53:45 | ID: 119210

ste, Merseyside

Vauxhall Meriva

My seat belt and door alarm keep going off when i drive when someone is sat in back of car even though all doors are shut and seat belts clipped in

common fault and recall on Vauxhall's, power steering failure, had replaced twice on last to meriva's, go to dealer should be done at no cost Kelly Hemming from Worcestershire

Submitted: 01/08/2015 12:02:41 | ID: 119201

alan wright, Somerset

Vauxhall Meriva

I am unable to open the boot. The central locking system opens all doors except the boot. I was told there is a small lever you can reach from the inside but this cannot be located. what other way can I try please?

Submitted: 30/07/2015 21:00:16 | ID: 119144

Rob, Norfolk

Vauxhall Meriva

Anybody know how to test the cooling fan on my 2012 Meriva? Relays both look ok but when engine gets hot in traffic bell warning activates in cockpit but fan does not start.

Submitted: 28/07/2015 16:13:17 | ID: 119032

neil, Merseyside

Vauxhall Meriva

I just drove my vauxhall meriva 1.7diesel and the steering wheel felt really stiff like the power steering had gone. I stopped for five minutes. Started up again and it was okay. Any ldiea what that means

Is your EPS light showing up. If it's MK1 these are famous for this failure. I didn't realise this when I bought mine, needed a car within budget quick as for new job. Thought was ideal however, ive hit bumper on roundabout as EPS light came on and lost power. Steering was huge difference in control. After call to Vauxhall after I did some googling, they laughed and said be 900 GBP. This was way out of my pocket. Took it to a local garage and said no code showing. on here ive learned that two things possible. Torque Angle sensor? or like mine if it only happens when driving slow but turning sharply, which it does when I'm reversing out my drive. To have a Alternator & Battery test. So I'm all booked in. fingers crossed. Nikki from North Yorkshire

Submitted: 27/07/2015 16:08:27 | ID: 118986

Ray, Kent

Vauxhall Meriva

where is the a/c recycle intake vent placed.

Submitted: 25/07/2015 02:27:16 | ID: 118865

Helen, Flintshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi'ive recently noticed oil patchs wher my car is parked,ive had somone look underneath n they sed it ther was wet oil at the front" it dosent affect the car drining in anyway at all,but i dont no if itl be worth gettin it fixed'if its to expensive,& to ne honest its all ive got,pls can anybody give me an idea of wot im looking at as im wirried that by driving it as little as possible as it is'im afraid ill do more damage,so ud appreciate any help thanks

Oil pipe loose on your alternator hope fully Mick from Lancashire

Oil pipe loose on your alternator hope fully Mick from Lancashire

Submitted: 24/07/2015 15:48:58 | ID: 118850

R.Mallard, Essex

Vauxhall Meriva

Please, where is the horn located on a meriva

Hi, I have just changed mine (2011 plate). The horn is both visible from the top and from underneath the engine. If you are standing looking at the engine the horn is located down through the gap to the left of where you check the oil, approximately half an arm length down. From the top you can make out a kind of silver saucer shaped horn and the top bolt which holds the horn onto the bracket. Being a girl (and blonde) I found it easier to take the whole thing off from underneath, with the aid of a kerb. If you buy the part from vauxhall it's a simple clip connector and 1 bolt, they cost £20 but it's a lot less hassle than the universal ones for £5.99 on ebay. If changing from the top you need 2 people (one person applying upward force from below and the other screwing on the bolt), from the underside of the car it only takes one person and a rachet. Hope this helps Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 18/07/2015 16:34:36 | ID: 118603

ALAN, Perth and Kinross

Vauxhall Meriva

Engine difficult to start car sits for four hours or more .Engine turns over but takes up to three mins to start ok when car starts

Submitted: 13/07/2015 14:46:07 | ID: 118409

ray, Cornwall

Vauxhall Meriva

I have a 2006 meriva design with twin roof lights , the front light has suddenly started leaking during heavy rain fall , there is is no obvious reason visible for this what could be the cause?

Submitted: 12/07/2015 12:04:59 | ID: 118370

Simon, Nottinghamshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi could anyone help me i have a meriva semi auto 2004reg and i would like to know what the letter f mean's on the dashboard of my meriva.

Submitted: 12/07/2015 07:37:03 | ID: 118356

James Bedwell, Kent

Vauxhall Meriva

Hello. Hoping someone can help and it's a quick fix. I turned my engine on yesterday and the rear windscreen wiper and washer came on. Button on wiper lever was in off position. I moved the lever everyway but wouldn't turn it off. No idea if I had done something but as far as I'm aware not... I Took it to a vauxhall service centre and he held the lever forward for a good 20 seconds and it stopped. The guy said that he thinks there is a fault and needs booking in as pulling the lever forward is for the front wipers not the rear. Just checking this is the case, it's not happened since although not touched any of it since. My service centre is a nightmare to get to so just getting a second opinion before taking it in. Many thanks in advance. Any advice gratefully received.

Submitted: 11/07/2015 16:08:46 | ID: 118336

Janet C Henaghan, Staffordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

After driving around a hundred miles on the motorway I exited and was going around a roundabout when my battery light came on and my engine stopped. I managed to restart it again and continued another 50 miles without a problem. Could it be that I need a new battery or is it something more serious?

Submitted: 10/07/2015 16:43:36 | ID: 118303

Janet C Henaghan, Staffordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

I was going around a roundabout after doing around a hundred miles on the motorway when my battery light came on and my car stopped. I managed to restart it and continue my journey. Would it be so simple as needing a new battery or something more serious?

Submitted: 10/07/2015 16:32:27 | ID: 118301

Colin Jones, Wrexham

Vauxhall Meriva

Door handle driver side has become loose the left side of the door handle it is coming out too far, feels like something has gone adrift inside, can i get access to handle by removing screw from inside panel or is it going to be a garage job. advice if possible would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Submitted: 08/07/2015 21:18:44 | ID: 118229

Colin Jones, Wrexham

Vauxhall Meriva

Discovered today that when opening driver door the handle comes out unevenly feels like something on left side of handle has come adrift inside. The panel inside of door seems to be held in place by one screw, can I get access to door handle by removing panel. Do hope this makes sense all new to me. regards.

Submitted: 08/07/2015 21:04:57 | ID: 118227

david, Norfolk

Vauxhall Meriva

my 1600cc 8 valve mariva car cuts out after about 2 miles can u please tel me what this might b and can it b fixed thank u david fickling

Submitted: 07/07/2015 16:54:37 | ID: 118163

Martin, Somerset

My temperature gauge go up pass 90 then go back 90 then up again

Silly question but have you checked your water and coolant? My meriva (2011) did this when the coolant needed topped up. The garage said it was a faulty thermostat, as this causes the same issue, but it was just the water in this instance. Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 04/07/2015 21:40:17 | ID: 118057

Carrie Scott , Bedfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi, I've got a 2011 Meriva. I've started to experience acceleration problems where occasionally the acceleration at low revs feels very sluggish and jumpy before kicking in. There are no EM lights coming up. This tends to happen more after the car has been running for a while 20 mins or more. The rev counter seems to move smoothly when this happens but it's clear that there's something not right. I don't want to take it into the dealership just yet without any ideas what the problem could be. Any ideas?

Same issue with my Meriva last year.... The garage put it on the computer and sure enough there was a major fault there. They couldn't find the fault at first (took 5 days) and then it was the coils that needed changing. If I were you I would take it to the garage, tell them you took it somewhere else and they have advised you it is the coils, this way if you ask them to check them first it will save you £££'s Eventually as the issue grows the car will lose power altogether or not start at all. Caroline from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 03/07/2015 09:01:21 | ID: 117981

Dawn barraclough, West Yorkshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Today I went in the boot of my car for something and when I came to close it iam unable to it refuses to click shut ift feels like there is something in the way and will not click shut

Submitted: 30/06/2015 19:09:38 | ID: 117866

Sally, Bedfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

Hi I've bought 1.4 merviva. 05 breeze temp gauge goes to near middle mark even after driving for 5 minutes is this normal

Submitted: 23/06/2015 21:00:55 | ID: 117616

p long, Kent

Vauxhall Meriva

what could be the problem when the exhaust system liight comes on

exhaust system light on what could be the problem p long from Kent

Submitted: 23/06/2015 17:30:11 | ID: 117602

Katie godfree, Bedfordshire

Vauxhall Meriva

I have had the back side of my car kicked by a lovely teenager on a motorbike and he has dented my back panel (just after the back door on the left hand side) I was wondering if you could help as to where I can get this replaced and how much roughly it will cost.

Submitted: 21/06/2015 15:25:05 | ID: 117500

Des, Merthyr Tydfil

Vauxhall Meriva

could you tell me where the oil pressure switch is located in this model please? I would be grateful if you could reply asap as I am about to change it, but cannot see where it is thankyou. Its a Vauxhall Meriva CDTi 13..

Submitted: 18/06/2015 10:22:14 | ID: 117358

m.ehane, Kent

Vauxhall Meriva

how many gears on automatic

On a automatic it is six Steve from Yorkshire

Submitted: 16/06/2015 17:51:14 | ID: 117289

John, West Sussex

Vauxhall Meriva

My Meriva is 4 years old and has only done 12000 miles, but the fuel gauge is now faulty. It stays permanently in the red with fuel light on. When I fill it up, it goes to 3/4, then slowly moves up to full. As soon as fuel drops to 3/4 again fuel gauge goes back to in the red. Found out by accident that if the battery is disconnected for a short time, the fuel gauge then works perfectly for a couple of days, then reverts to fault. Any help appreciated, as I don't want to pay for a 'trial and error' in the garage.

Submitted: 16/06/2015 16:44:21 | ID: 117284