VAUXHALL CORSA questions and answers

VAUXHALL Corsa

Ask and answer questions on a variety of VAUXHALL CORSA models. Help and advice on everything VAUXHALL CORSA. Feel free to ask and answer as many VAUXHALL-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest VAUXHALL CORSA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Sheldon, South Africa

Hi Just wanted to find out where exactly is the rear window washer tank situated? Kind regards, Sheldon

Submitted: 20/10/2014 13:53:51 | ID: 104897

caroline, Darlington

I have a Corsa C, had lambar sensor done, it has engine mangement light come on and since having it done it`s come back on. Since having it turned off it kept coming back on saying same problem. You knock it off but 10mins later it`s back on. Do you know what it is please?

Submitted: 07/10/2014 23:33:24 | ID: 104239

Katie, Kent

Afternoon, my Corsa recently had an alternator failure on the motorway. The AA towed me back and the garage replaced the alternator and battery. Everything seemed fine, but I have now noticed that the A/C heating control panel is not working. I have no air control hot or cold, no rear window demister or AC. The lights behind the panel still work when my headlights are on. I thought maybe a fuse was blown when the alternator went, so checked all fuses and cannot seem to see anything wrong. Any suggestions?Kind regards Katie

Submitted: 07/10/2014 11:49:33 | ID: 104207

yasmineshaw, Greater Manchester

I have recently been ripped off and been sold a car. It has issues and has now reached a point where it won't start at all, the battery light just makes it stall. It's battery and alternator are fine. It has a faulty fuel pump and loose wires underneath apparently but I cannot find the exact fault?

Submitted: 06/10/2014 15:17:44 | ID: 104145

susie Black, Leicestershire

hi can you tell me if the boot on a 2013 corsa sri has a light in it as I don't appear to be able to see mine? Thanks in advance

Submitted: 03/10/2014 18:42:52 | ID: 104017

James, Kent

I have a corsa c, I've just just done a 1.4 engine conversion but none of my lights or windows work does anyone know why?

Submitted: 02/10/2014 15:36:18 | ID: 103955

Nanette Banks, South Africa

My Opel Corsa will randomly decide to not idle at all, so it stalls when I brake, or it will rev around 3000 when I stop. While I'm driving it goes ok though. Sometimes it has no problem at all, it is totally random and there's no way to predict when it is going to give problems. This problem has got worse over time, started with maybe one episode a month, now at least every second day. What can be done?

Submitted: 26/09/2014 06:45:09 | ID: 103669

bron, West Yorkshire

Changed cam's (kit) also maf and egr value, engine now pluses. Done diagnostic no codes now showing but on flash test it showing 10 flashes then 3 can you help

Submitted: 23/09/2014 22:16:02 | ID: 103540

ash, Herefordshire

My check engine light has come on and everytime I take my foot off the accelerator and the rpm drops below 1000 the car stalls, but the car`s fine when I`m accelerating?

Submitted: 21/09/2014 12:46:05 | ID: 103400

danielle, West Midlands

I turned the volume up on my stereo whilst driving then suddenly lost power in it altogether. When I got home I changed the stereo and the new one still wouldn't work. I then realised that my electric windows weren't working either but everything else works. Have tested all the fuses with a test meter and they are all fine. What could it be?

Submitted: 19/09/2014 10:54:43 | ID: 103286

Karl Jackson, South Yorkshire

My 2005 tigra drivers door won't open with remote on first press or second rest of car locks work

Submitted: 17/09/2014 12:22:03 | ID: 103201

Toro Mogale, South Africa

Can flat key`s battery make the car not start?

Submitted: 05/09/2014 11:51:31 | ID: 102639

Mrs margaret Kenney, Staffordshire

My 1999 Corsa won`t start, all lights show on the dash and there is a noise underneath when I take out the key?

Submitted: 04/09/2014 07:42:17 | ID: 102579

sue, West Yorkshire

I have a new engine in my car. As soon as I start driving I get a humming noise to the rear, the more I pick up speed the louder it gets, it`s piercing. I was told it`s the drums on the brakes. I`ve had a few cars but I`ve never had this problem. Can you help diagnose what it is? Is it serious?

Submitted: 02/09/2014 17:24:41 | ID: 102515

Maria, Surrey

Where would I locate the starter motor on this car?

Submitted: 01/09/2014 09:27:25 | ID: 102442

Carol, South Africa

Hi please help. battery keeps draining almost overnight. how do we find cause. Alternator has been tested and is fine. Any help much appreciated!

Submitted: 29/08/2014 17:07:06 | ID: 102327

patrick brennan, Ireland

the error codes are showing two o2 sensor faults,are these sensors same type or different spec,need to know to order them .cheers.Pat in dublin

Submitted: 29/08/2014 12:08:11 | ID: 102317

Casey, Cardiff

Every time I drive long journeys in my car and reach up to 70mph my cars engine management light comes on and my car seems to pull and it feels weird to drive. I don't like it when it does this so I then return to a speed around 60mp. When I return back to the speed of 60mp the engine light goes off and the engine feels normal again. My car has recently been in the garage and everything was done. The only fault I had was my Cambelt and I needed a new one. I am worried about this problem I am having with my car because I am always doing long journeys. Would really appreciate some help and advice on what to do. Thanks a lot.

Submitted: 27/08/2014 21:50:48 | ID: 102255

Dom, Surrey

It's MOT time and I checked the lights but the driver's side headlamp, full and dipped, is dim. I changed the bulb a few months ago but didn't notice a problem then. I've read that this is likely to be an earthing problem and to follow the wires back to the earthing point. Well they go into the plastic tube/conduit with a lot of other wires which I followed as best I could, across the front of the car behind the bumper, picking up other wires on the way including the headlamp on the near side, but I can't find where the earthing point on the body of the car is. Any help much appreciated. Dom.

Submitted: 23/08/2014 10:05:28 | ID: 101973

Mark Loveday, Kent

Having trouble getting into 1st & 2nd gear..sometimes ok, sometimes hard as anything

Submitted: 19/08/2014 18:18:35 | ID: 101772

Brian, Lancashire

Power steering problem on my Corsa 59 reg (20000 miles) Problem on and off for a month but now seems to be gone completely Any thoughts on cost of repair Thanks in advance

Submitted: 18/08/2014 17:24:11 | ID: 101719

Barry Rabbatts, East Sussex

The revs on my 1999 1.2 corsa automatic fluctuates from 1500-2000 revs at a constant speed of 30-40 mph every couple of seconds causing a momentary dip in speed. the M A F unit has just been changed .

Submitted: 14/08/2014 20:45:36 | ID: 101503

Rhian, Gwent

Hello, Recently I have noticed that my main lights have stopped working atthe front of my car. The Rear lights, brake lights, and front uppers lights all work when the car is on and in Automatic mode. However, the main (larger) front lights do not work on both sides. The full beam also does not work when placed into the automatic position (i.e. when positioning the indicator into the position where the full beam should constantly be on). However if I pull the indicator towards me and hold into position (i.e. in a manor where this would normally be used say to flash someone) they will work, so it suggests that the bulbs havent gone if they work in this position even if in a manual way. What would you be able to suggest the problem might possibly be? Thank you in advance for any advice you might be able to shed on this?

Submitted: 12/08/2014 17:47:57 | ID: 101386

Glynn Whitehead, Derbyshire

Hi all, I need a new relay for my corsa. But I'm not sure if they're all the same or whether I need a particular one. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Submitted: 12/08/2014 17:16:00 | ID: 101385

scott Fleming, City of Glasgow

The rear driver`s side door of my Corsa doesn't lock with all of the others, yet locks from inside when the child lock is on. How do I fix it please? I can`t keep leaving it parked unlocked.

Submitted: 11/08/2014 20:58:41 | ID: 101351

Terence Garlick, Cardiff

THE YELLOW MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT CAME ON AND I IMMEDIATELY TOOK IT TO MY LOCAL VAUXHALL DEALER. THEY CARRIED OUT TECH 2 TEST,CODE IN SYSTEM P0054, FOUND FAULT WITH O2 SENSOR. THEY FITTED A NEW SENSOR, THE LIGHT WAS OUT WHEN I COLLECTED THE VEHICLE BUT THE NEXT MORNING THE LIGHT WAS BACK ON. THE SENSOR WAS EXPENSIVE AND HAVING IT FITTED HAS NOT RESOLVED THE PROBLEM. I AM NOW OUT OF POCKET AS WELL AS STILL HAVING THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM. ANY ADVICE AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT ?

I chased this same problem all round the car... sensors, coil pack and other stuff. Just check the spark plugs. The sensors you replaced were clean and new, the car mis-firing will burn oil and then cover the sensors again and the light comes back on! It cost me around four hundred to change a spark plug so to speak. Tom from Yorkshire

Submitted: 11/08/2014 02:18:10 | ID: 101298

stephen docherty, South Yorkshire

How do I get to clock display, to change bulb, stays dim.date side ok ?.

Submitted: 10/08/2014 12:38:22 | ID: 101258

mise courier services, Essex

hi,i have a 1.3 eco flex corsavan on a 2008 plate,i need too know what the secondery battery under the passenger seat is for !!!.hope someone can help.steve.

Submitted: 09/08/2014 12:29:52 | ID: 101203

B HOLMES, West Yorkshire

Hi EVERYBODY. JUST WONDERING IF ANY ONE KNOWS WHY MY HEADLIGHTS ON MY CORSA DONT WORK ANYMORE, AND HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM. THE FOG LIGHTS STILL WORK THOUGH. I DONT WANT TO TAKE IT TO A GARAGE BECAUSE HAS YOU CAN IMAGINE IT WILL WORK OUT TO BE QUITE EXSPENSIVE. THANKS.

Submitted: 05/08/2014 13:22:05 | ID: 100954

Gary, Lancashire

Hi all Can anyone tell me if the plug your seat belt in warning light / alarm is on the passenger side as well as the drivers side. Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Submitted: 02/08/2014 18:59:40 | ID: 100783

Lois, Cardiff

The bass on my radio will only go down not up, also the time keeps changing no matter how many times I put it back it goes to the wrong time?????

Submitted: 02/08/2014 12:35:10 | ID: 100760

Simon, Conwy

This car has been stood for a few years, then two days ago I started her up and she turned over and fired fine, parked it a mile down the road. Left it over night and now it wont fire. Turns over perfectly. Anyone know whats going on? Thanks in advance. Simon.

Submitted: 01/08/2014 16:05:49 | ID: 100722

jordan, Lancashire

hi i have a 53 plate corsa 1.3 cdti and every time i cut the engine or stall the car i am not able to start the engine for at leat 2 mins does any know why

Submitted: 01/08/2014 01:10:41 | ID: 100688

Nancy Jones, Kent

Hello, I bought my first car early this month and it has 80 miles on the clock. I know that, before I bought it, it had only done around 100 miles in the year. It smells musty and there are signs of damp, however I'm not sure whether that has any link to my problem. So I went out for a smoke today and tried unlocking the car with the key, it took me a few goes but the key is worn so I didn't think anything of it. When I approached the car it sounded as though it was locking and unlocking again. I ducked next to the passenger wheel arch to have a listen and it sounded as though the engine was ticking. Suddenly the lock locked again. I'm not sure if it is a safety feature. So I got in the car and tried to turn the engine on to use the in-car lighter. I tried three times but the engine wouldn't turn over and the car with a spanner logo showed up. Since the beginning of the month it has never had a problem starting. Once the engine started it was fine and the locks were fine as well. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 29/07/2014 14:18:19 | ID: 100549

neelaim, Essex

I have Vauxhall corsa 1.2 sxi with duel gears.. the battery keeps draining I have brought 3 batteries had the alternator tested so ruled out. mechanic thought it was the clock - ruled out the charge will last for 3 day's then totally dead and battery killed.. HELP this is driving me mad. The radio is missing the face..

My corsa is currently out of action because i have given us charging and recharging it. My garage couldn't do anything and said i need an auto-electrician. Did you ever work out how to mend your car? Melanie from Surrey

Submitted: 28/07/2014 20:40:14 | ID: 100516

storm cranko, City of Aberdeen

My opel corsa 1.4 has a clicking sound at tge drivers side and they said its the feul pump relay and I replaced it and its still doing it and when the clicking sound is there the car wants to cut out and then it goes again.what can that be?

Submitted: 25/07/2014 10:40:51 | ID: 100325

Linzi, West Sussex

My alternator needs changing. Will a 2000 Corsa alternator fit and is it best to rev from top or bottom of the engine?

I have an 02 plate Corsa Linzi from West Sussex

Submitted: 23/07/2014 23:51:08 | ID: 100256

Barbara, County Down

How do you turn off the driver`s lumbar support?

Submitted: 23/07/2014 15:24:14 | ID: 100213

Linda Moysey, Kent

Hallo. My corsa's air conditioning is not working. I have had it re gased, and fuses checked, but it is still not working. What else could be wrong. Thank you.

Have you checked your fan what should come on automatically when car gets hot. I have the same problem but mine is losing water sim1 from West Midlands

Submitted: 23/07/2014 14:28:33 | ID: 100211

Bill Bailey, Hertfordshire

My car engine keeps cutting out when I pull up at a road junction or traffic lights and occasionally the engine tachometer fluctuates of its own accord even when my foot is off the accelerator. My garage has not ben able to solve the problem as yet. Any clues, please. Bill

Crankshaft sensor can cause this without flagging up a trouble code. I've seen it a few times. gary from Merseyside

Submitted: 20/07/2014 21:07:19 | ID: 100063