TOYOTA HIACE questions and answers

TOYOTA Hiace

Ask and answer questions on a variety of TOYOTA HIACE models. Help and advice on everything TOYOTA HIACE. Feel free to ask and answer as many TOYOTA-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest TOYOTA HIACE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

jayson batongbacal, West Yorkshire

Toyota Hiace

Hi I have a Toyota hiace van super custom pls help me were did I find the computer box of my van.

Submitted: 16/04/2014 14:16:46 | ID: 94319

Taz, Australia

Toyota Hiace

i have a 1999 hiace commuter 14 seater just wanting to know the load limit on the rims tyres?

Submitted: 16/04/2014 09:20:48 | ID: 94303

Alick Tashua, Solomon Islands

Toyota Hiace 1997

Could anyone tell me what would be the possible cause of the release bearing and the pressure plate on my Toyota Hiace that always damage after two weeks? (Bus)

Submitted: 07/04/2014 14:40:13 | ID: 93905

Jamie, Australia

Toyota Hiace 1989

Is it possible to change the front grill and headlight assembly of a Toyota Hiace hy53 super custom and replace it with a standard grill and headlights? (supercustom)

Submitted: 07/04/2014 11:55:50 | ID: 93912

Ali Awan, Pakistan

Toyota Hiace 2007

I have a problem with my Toyota Hiace euro11 2007 model. We changed the spark plug and also cleaned the fuel injectors but if the vehicle`s on petrol then it`s still missing and when it`s on CNG then it`s running good. When we cleaned the fuel injectors now the fuel efficiency is not good, it`s eating too much fuel now. Can anyone help me out please?

Submitted: 03/04/2014 09:06:20 | ID: 93817

Martin Walsh, England

Toyota Hiace 1998

I just purchased a Toyota Hiace and when I put the key in it went pop inside. The panel now doesn`t work. Do you have any idea what caused this short? Many thanks.

Submitted: 01/04/2014 14:02:23 | ID: 93786

Glenys, New Zealand

Toyota Hiace 1993

Hi, I have a 1993 Toyota Hiace campervan (factory fitted in Japan) and the water pump for the camper fresh water has stopped working. Can anybody tell me where this pump might be located? I have traced the wiring which appears to suggest it may be a submersible pump, in the tank itself? (Campervan)

Submitted: 20/03/2014 15:38:05 | ID: 63048

Njenga James, England

Toyota Hiace 2006

My Toyota Hiace`s engine starts well and it idles fine but it can`t accelerate at all. What should I do?

Submitted: 20/03/2014 12:18:20 | ID: 63006

David, Uganda

Toyota Hiace 2005

I`m looking for meaning (interpretation) of the common dashboard symbols on a Toyota Hiace 2005 and upward, diesel engine? Thank you.

Submitted: 17/03/2014 12:02:04 | ID: 62915

Trish Sigauke, England

Toyota Hiace 2001

Hi, we have a problem with a 2001 Toyota Hiace. It fails to start well. We tried replacing the vehicle with new starters several times but it only works for a few days and the problem starts again. What could the problem be?

Submitted: 17/03/2014 11:58:44 | ID: 62923

Paul Walker, Staffordshire

Toyota Hiace 1999

Hi, I just got in my Toyota Hiace van to turn the engine on and I think the timing belt snapped as I turned it over. What damage am I looking at please? (2.5 diesel)

Submitted: 17/03/2014 11:19:37 | ID: 62870

Pat Hall, Australia

Toyota Hiace 2012

Does anyone know if you can close the rear door from inside my Toyota Hiace? (campervan)

Submitted: 10/03/2014 10:25:29 | ID: 62495

Jubilant Enyinnaya, Nigeria

Toyota Hiace 2012

My Toyota Hiace`s engine shuts down unexpectedly and will not start after serveral attempts, except when allowed an interval of thirty minutes to one hour. This can occur up to three time within 30 kilometers distance. Most times it refuses to start in the morning but not all mornings. Mechanics checked the fuel tank and fuel line follwed by cleaning of the system. Please, I need help towards resolving this concern?

Submitted: 10/03/2014 09:39:13 | ID: 62476

Wade Thorburn, New Zealand

Toyota Hiace 1996

Hi. My Toyota Hiace 1kz turbo diesel is starting badly. It always starts but when it starts it`s rough and the motor shudders with a bang . I glow it 2 or 3 times which sometimes helps but not always. I replaced the glow plugs and checked they all work. Maybe it`s the fuel pump timing but it runs mint when going. Any ideas would be helpful please? Thanks. (1kz turbo diesel)

Submitted: 24/02/2014 12:33:54 | ID: 56714

Greg Silkjar, Australia

Toyota Hiace 1983

Hi. My Toyota Hiace van has been parked outside in the rain and it won`t start. I have sprayed it with wd 40. What should I do? Thanks.

Submitted: 24/02/2014 12:25:14 | ID: 56712

Matt Marei, New Zealand

Toyota Hiace 1994

When I start my Toyota Hiace van the buzzing noise won`t stop, even while driving it constantly buzzes. Any help please?

Submitted: 24/02/2014 12:07:31 | ID: 62296

Thomas McHugh, Ireland

Toyota Hiace 2005

Hi, I have a 2005 Toyota Hiace and my battery, t-belt, handbrake and oil light on the dash are all staying on while running. I have recently changed my battery 3 weeks ago and everything has been fine up until today. Does anybody know what the problem could be? Thank you.

Submitted: 18/02/2014 16:24:05 | ID: 62219

Trenece Holness, Jamaica

Toyota Hiace 2005

I have a Toyota Hiace and the enginge is okay and the turbo is working but it`s not boosting, meaning the amount of power that is needed. What could be causing this?

Submitted: 18/02/2014 12:36:14 | ID: 62198

Billy White, England

Toyota Hiace 2001

Hi there, I have a Toyota Hiace 01 and after I bought it I started to get central locking problems gradually until it just stopped working. I then had a replacement installed which has worked great until yesterday, when it was making a quieter locking sound and not locking and now all of a sudden it’s stopped. Unfortunately they key on all doors but the passenger door does not work from the outside. As you can imagine this is annoying. I’ve been told that the solenoids could be knackered but then I phoned an auto electrician who said they won’t know till they look at it at an expense of £150. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone have any idea as to what it could be?

Submitted: 18/02/2014 11:29:19 | ID: 62154

Olajide Adebowaale, Nigeria

Toyota Hiace 2006

I have a 2006 Toyota Hiace and the fuel consumption is very high. What is or are the cause or causes?

Submitted: 14/02/2014 11:24:56 | ID: 62020

Frank Miller, Jamaica

Toyota Hiace 2006

Good day. My 2006 Toyota Hiace van has a 2kd engine. Whenever the engine is cold it has no power to move, but if it`s warmed up it moves off like a bullet from a gun. Otherwise it runs really well. Could anyone tell me what the problem is please?

Submitted: 10/02/2014 12:33:00 | ID: 61871

Bradley Bain, Bahamas

Toyota Hiace 1995

I have a Toyota Hiace and it`s engine stopped while I was driving. The engine would not turn. It was clanking before it shut off. Does anyone know what`s wrong please? (Hiace diesel van)

Submitted: 10/02/2014 10:59:40 | ID: 61863

Gorfrey Korto, Ghana

Toyota Hiace 2000

I have a Toyota Hiace and I had number 2 broken valve replaced and now the number 4 valve is broken. Any idea as to what is causing the problem?

Submitted: 03/02/2014 15:38:47 | ID: 61662

Martyn Shire, Somerset

Toyota Hiace 2000

I have a 2000 Toyota Hiace and the hazard lamps are stuck on, although they aren’t flashing and will not respond to the dashboard switch. I had to disconnect the batteries in order to turn them off. I am suspecting a malfunctioning flasher unit and/or water ingress? Prior to this the van had not been run for about five days. Any ideas?

Submitted: 30/01/2014 12:50:55 | ID: 61498

Will Scurlock, Lancashire

Toyota Hiace 1996

Hi, I started my Toyota Hiace van this morning and discovered the following problems: 1. Lots of engine noise like a loose fan belt. 2. Oil light went on immediately and stayed on. 3. I could not depress the brake pedal, it appeared to be locked. The only other point to mention is that I haven’t used the van for about two weeks, but the engine started straight away and the vehicle was running normally prior to these problems appearing. I’d be grateful for any advice. Any ideas please?

Submitted: 30/01/2014 11:57:55 | ID: 61510

Tendai Chitsamba, Zimbabwe

Toyota Hiace 1995

My Toyota Hiace once lost coolant and overheated. I replaced the head and put on a new head gasket. I checked the block and it was said to be okay. I removed the thermostat since my country is generally hot. The temperature gauge now operates at half mark and occasionally goes beyond whilst driving around town. I have cleaned the radiator, changed the water pump and radiator cap. What could the reason be for the gauge rising?

Hi Tindo. What engine do you have? Mine is a 1991 Super Custome 2l-te Auto and I have lots of experience with it Tendai Alufasi from Mozambique

Submitted: 30/01/2014 10:37:21 | ID: 61473

Rodwell Kalutwa, Zambia

Toyota Hiace 2004

I have an automatic Toyota Hiace 2KD bus which has a problem. I seem to be finding water in the gear box each time we change the fluid. At times it would not change gears. Please help me, what could the problem be?

I have managed to sort out this problem,it was the cooler inside the radiator that was leaking thereby mixing water in the gearbox. Inside the radiator there's a cooler that cools the fluid from the gearbox and if the cooler becomes faulty,water will find its way into the gearbox and that will damage crutches inside resulting into very serious damage, sticking of gear(not engaging gears). The solution to this problem is to change the radiator and the gearbox altogether. Rodwell Kalutwa from Zambia

Submitted: 28/01/2014 16:19:47 | ID: 61455

Mac Cab, Philippines

Toyota Hiace 1990

I have a 1990 Toyota Hiace van 3.0L automatic transmission. I want to buy an alternator. Can you please share the part number?

Submitted: 28/01/2014 12:03:41 | ID: 61408

Gorfrey Korto, Ghana

Toyota Hiace 2001

I had a broken number 2 on my Toyota Hiace replaced and now the number 4 is broken. What could be causing the problem?

Submitted: 28/01/2014 10:43:56 | ID: 89690

Peter Taylor, Australia

Toyota Hiace 2006

When I take the key out of the ignition of my Toyota Hiace there is a red flashing vehicle-shaped light above the temperature gauge. It stops when I put the key back in. Does anybody know what this means please? (SLWB)

Hey Peter. My 2010 Hiace has the same thing. Think it’s to do with the central locking system, if I leave the van unlocked and walk way for a short time it locks itself. Hope this helps, cheers Dave Douglas from New Zealand

Submitted: 24/01/2014 10:58:03 | ID: 57740

Vila Semaan, Australia

Toyota Hiace 1999

When I put my Toyota Hiace minibus in drive it will not move. I push the accelerator a bit and it still will not move, but when pushed harder it starts moving. Can someone suggest what the problem could be?

I had a similiar problem, my back brakes were jamming up with gunk. My mechanic cleaned pads, etc, and problem solved. Terry Mclaren from Austria

Submitted: 23/01/2014 11:20:25 | ID: 61177

Anj Tamoor, England

Toyota Hiace 2002

My Toyota Hiace’s central locking does not lock from the key fob but will unlock the van and works well with the keys from the driver’s door. What should I do?Thanks.

Open your side door fully then shut it, now try your central locking. Mine does it all the time with carrying goods and touching the door. Mike Hughes from Lancashire

Submitted: 21/01/2014 14:53:36 | ID: 61226

Phillip Zgambo, Zambia

Toyota Hiace 2004

I have a 2004 Toyota Hiace Quantum 2 kd diesel. I parked it a few weeks ago and I could not start it the following morning. Now my mechanic has discovered that there is no power going to the injector nozzles, although the fuel is flowing from the nozzles it is not firing. What could the problem be? It is giving me code P0089 which has to do with the fuel pressure regulator. What has that got to do with the nozzles firing? (Quantum)

Check glow plugs. Theron Smith from London

I have a similar problem on a Toyota Dyna with a 2KD Engine. Fault code is giving me P1215 and my mechaniic is telliing me to replace the injector driver. Please help before I spend money on this expensive part. Thomas Mumpangwe from Zambia

Submitted: 20/01/2014 09:43:56 | ID: 61202

Andrea, France

Toyota Hiace 1998

Where is the starter motor located on my Toyota Hiace? I just get a clicking when turning the key. Thanks in advance. (powervan gs lwb)

On the left rear of the engine. Theron Smith from London

Submitted: 17/01/2014 14:34:31 | ID: 60861

Neil Mcgeough, England

Toyota Hiace 2002

Does a Toyota Hiace d4d 2002 have a dpf filter system?

Submitted: 14/01/2014 09:57:43 | ID: 60696

Barry Andersen, Yorkshire

Toyota Hiace 1998

I’ve put my Toyota Hiace`s battery on reverse polarity and realised my mistake, swapped it back and now I have no ignition, but I do have radio, headlights and interior lights. Nothing else works ie electric windows, door locks, hazards etc. Please could anyone help?

Looks like you licked a main fuse. Check all your 40 to 60 amp main fuses. Michael Minott from Jamaica

Submitted: 14/01/2014 08:59:08 | ID: 60686

Mal Murphy, Australia

Toyota Hiace 1987

Hi, the gauge needle on my Toyota Hiace moves to normal mid range when the ignition is switched on (like the fuel gauge). Is this normal or is the unit faulty?

Submitted: 14/01/2014 08:33:37 | ID: 60630

Kennedy Madara, Kenya

Toyota Hiace 2005

My Toyota Hiace 2kd engine (2005) does not brake properly. When you step on the brakes at times it loses the grip! The other day the inner brake pad on the passenger side dropped, forcing me to stop the van with the handbrake. I have replaced the pads but it`s still not good!. Since the incident the handbrake light is showing, even when the handbrake is removed and the vehicle is moving. How do I get the handbrake light off?

Submitted: 09/01/2014 12:33:52 | ID: 60456

Jonathan Thursfield, Lancashire

Toyota Hiace 1993

I have a Toyota Hiace 1993 Campervan import and there is a problem with the automatic transmission. It won’t go from third to fourth. I have been told to change the ATF but I need a gearbox filter and a gearbox sump gasket. Can anyone suggest where I can get such a part? I have on the plus side been able to source a rear wiper motor! Thanks.

Submitted: 09/01/2014 11:04:55 | ID: 60478

Anshu Gupta, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Toyota Hiace 1995

I have a 95 Toyota Hiace Van with 1RZ engine (carb). Recently my mechanic changed the exhaust valves. The engine starts perfectly when it is cold and I can drive the van. As soon as the engine temperature reaches normal (temp gauge needle in the middle) the engine loses it`s ability to move. My mechanic has changed the distributor, adjusted timing, changed spark plugs and wires (original Toyota) and still no difference. I need help asap please? Thanks in advance. (1rz)

What is the quality of the valves? Some cheap quality ones will expand more than is necessary affecting compression/performance in the process. Henry Kamwendo from Malawi

Submitted: 03/01/2014 14:03:46 | ID: 60216