PEUGEOT EXPERT questions and answers

PEUGEOT Expert

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT EXPERT models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT EXPERT. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT EXPERT questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Tony grehan, Buckinghamshire

Peugeot Expert

Hi, my 2008 peugeot expert blew a head gasget at 7600 miles and cracked the block, I have had a re conditioned engin fitted at the local garage but after fitting they now cant get it to run for more than 10 seconds, it comes up with a high fuel pressure reading, so they replaced the pump and sensor but still not working, any help would be appretiated as they are charging me to try locate the problem and its costing me a fortune Help!!!

Submitted: 17/04/2014 13:03:43 | ID: 94363

Asraf, Essex

Peugeot Expert

Hi, I had peugeot expert 2.0hdi 2009 model. Need change the engine, some people advice me buy the 407, 408 2.0hdi engine. They are the same. That's the chepest option. My engine code is RHK. But other one got RHR RHY. But Dnt sure yet which engine can fit to my taxi. Can u please let me know whats the best and cheap option for me thanks .

Submitted: 14/04/2014 19:02:37 | ID: 94217

amir khatam, West Midlands

Peugeot Expert

Hello my expert 2l hdi is sometimes sluggish. It sometimes takes a while for it to hit a certain speed, for example if I am wishing to speed at 70mph the car would reach 60mph and stay at this speed for a minute or two and then increase to 70mph. Sometimes the car cuts out and management light comes on. I don't know if this is related to the speed problem. Now I have just serviced my car and it seems their is no oil in the engine. The car has burned all the oil. Could all this be related to one problem? Please help Thanks. Amir.

Submitted: 11/04/2014 19:22:42 | ID: 94105

Ian Lyle, England

Peugeot Expert 2006

I have a Peugeot Expert. Do the reversing lights work without the ignition being turned on?

Submitted: 01/04/2014 10:30:58 | ID: 93742

Amir Khan, England

Peugeot Expert 2008

Hi. I have a Peugeot Expert E7 taxi and when I start it I can see a message which says Anti Pollution Faulty. Can anyone sort this out for me please? Thanks.

Submitted: 28/03/2014 15:36:30 | ID: 93611

Andy Rose, Wiltshire

Peugeot Expert 2012

I have a brand new 2014 Peugeot Expert van. How do I stop the warning voice about the handbrake everytime I open the driver`s door? It`s driving me mad!

Submitted: 21/03/2014 11:56:12 | ID: 63158

Spencer Bishop, Bedfordshire

Peugeot Expert 2010

Hi. I have a lot of black smoke coming out of my Peugeot Expert when I accelerate quickly and the van won’t rev over 2500 when idling. There doesn`t seem to be a lot of power. The garage I took it to has cleaned the egr valve and turbo but it seems the same. I’m losing faith with them. Any ideas? (1.6 hdi)

Submitted: 20/03/2014 12:42:13 | ID: 63053

Alan Woods, County Londonderry

Peugeot Expert 2007

My Peugeot Expert van fires up okay but immediately sounds like it`s off a cylinder. If I try to rev it it cuts out, if I do not rev it and just let it tick over it will come okay after about 30 seconds to a minute. It`s fine from then on once the engine warms and it starts fine from then on. Also today it seemed to lose power and the engine chugged for about 20 seconds. I pulled over but tick over was okay so I drove on without any further repeat. Any idea what this was? (1.9D)

Submitted: 14/03/2014 12:16:53 | ID: 62805

Jason, England

Peugeot Expert 2012

I have a Peugeot Expert van and when I open the driver`s door there is a warning about the handbrake being on. How do you cancel this?

Submitted: 13/03/2014 14:17:14 | ID: 62781

Steve Osborne, Sussex

Peugeot Expert 2008

I have a Peugeot Expert and when you start it sometimes the power steering light stays on and the steering is very heavy, sometimes it`s okay. Can you help?

Submitted: 04/03/2014 09:32:22 | ID: 62461

Jack Jones, Worcestershire

Peugeot Expert 2007

jack jones from Worcestershire has sent in a question on the Peugeot Expert. taken battery off van to replace it ,will I need to rest anything many thanks.

Submitted: 21/02/2014 12:47:17 | ID: 62269

Taha Ismail, Yorkshire

Peugeot Expert 2008

Recently I have changed my Peugeot Expert`s wishbon track rod end and cv joint. Now a funny thing happens when I drive at 40mph, it drifts from side to side. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 10/02/2014 12:20:13 | ID: 61851

Ray Buck, Northamptonshire

Peugeot Expert 2002

Hi all. I have have a Peugeot Expert hdi 2.0 van that was working and starting fine. I parked it up before Christmas when it was raining, went to start it in the new year and it will not start. It`s cranking over fine but will not fire up, even with a little easy start. I had the RAC out, pump and glow plugs are okay but still no go. I had it taken to a garage but they were unable to get the computer to connect with my ecu. I had someone else look at it and they THINK it’s an ecu problem. Any advice would be great, or is it possible to buy a good used ecu and just swop it over? Are there people out there that could check and fix mine? I`d appreciate any help as I’m now £250 down and need to get back to work, thanks.

Exactly same thing happened to me this Christmas, turned out to be a corroded-through wire in the engine wiring loom. The RAC towed it to an auto-sparks and £140 incl vat fixed it :-) Greg Thornton from Yorkshire

Same thing happend to me, had to keep bumping it down my road, ended up being the diesel pump 3 years and a lot of money later. Mark Matthews from England

Submitted: 27/01/2014 12:47:15 | ID: 61363

Keith Simpson, Aberdeenshire

Peugeot Expert 2009

Can someone help me to set the time on my clock and to change kms back to miles on my Peugeot Expert? They both changed when I changed a faulty battery. Thanks. (2.0hdi 2009 model)

On your stereo press menu then go to units and change from km to miles. (Tried and tested!) Nav from England

Submitted: 23/01/2014 11:15:29 | ID: 61175

Doug Sinclair, Hertfordshire

Peugeot Expert 2006

Will the sliding door from a 1999 Peugeot Expert model fit the 2006 model?

Submitted: 07/01/2014 11:50:13 | ID: 60371

Joey Hargan, England

Peugeot Expert 2009

I have an 09 Peugeot Expert. I connected their factory handsfree phone but the wind/cabin noise is terrible for the person on the other end. It`s fine at my end. I have to pull in or just not bother answering. Any ideas? (2.0 hdi 120bhp)

Submitted: 02/01/2014 15:53:13 | ID: 60090

Mike Peers, England

Peugeot Expert 2010

Mike Peers from England has sent in a question on the Peugeot Expert. Hi, my Peugeot Expert E7 cam-belt snapped because the main dealer didn’t change it on the service. They then repaired it for free and then it broke down and would not start. They put it on the diagnostic and said it’s the fuel pump which was done under warranty. Then it broke down again so they put another fuel pump on and yes it broke down again. This time said it could have been a dodgy wire, they got it going and it broke down again. Each time it broke down after the cam belt snapped it just stopped and wouldn’t start so they said it was the ECU. They changed that but it still won’t start, so now they are changing all four injectors at my cost. That should be done Xmas eve. I don’t think I should have to pay for injectors because it surely has something to do with the cam belt snapping in the first place? Up till that I have never had a problem with this car and have lost at least two thousand pounds earnings. Any thoughts on this nightmare? Many thanks. (E7 taxi)

Hello, the problem with fuel pumps can be a costly repair when done right, what normally happens with pump failure (usually brought on by miss fuel, running out of diesel a few times or just age) is that the internals of the pump bearings can break up into swarf and pollute the whole fuel system so replacing only one part ie injectors is futile as the fault will re occur. The correct procedure is remove and clean the fuel tank and fuel lines, replace the fuel filter, replace all injectors and the fuel pump! Very costly but if you put injectors in only, swarf will block them again in the near future as it will keep recirculating from other parts of the fuel system. You will normally see small swarf fragments that look like a tiny gold and silver glitter tint if you look in the fuel filter housing which is where most but not all of the swarf is stopped by the filter. The cambelt snap would not be directly related unless they had trouble starting it after the repair and the cranked it without starting for prolonged periods which will be running the pump dry. Martin (Master technician 20+ years) from England

Submitted: 24/12/2013 10:29:36 | ID: 59723

Neil Sludden, Yorkshire

Peugeot Expert 2008

Hi, can I bypass the EGR valve on my Peugeot Expert 16 hdi van? Thank you. (1.6 hdi)

Submitted: 23/12/2013 10:54:54 | ID: 59578

Thomas Mason, England

Peugeot Expert 2005

My Peugeot Expert van starts on a morning with no problem but if stop for a few minutes I have to wait till the glow plug light goes out before it will start again, even when the engine is hot. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:41:56 | ID: 59164

Darren Smith, Essex

Peugeot Expert 2008

My Peugeot Expert`s warning light keeps saying my door is open even though it’s shut tight. Why is this?

Submitted: 10/12/2013 15:21:28 | ID: 59021

Dave, Lancashire

Peugeot Expert 2004

Hi, my Peugeot Expert`s indicators and hazard lights have stopped working. Any ideas? Thanks.

Submitted: 10/12/2013 11:10:57 | ID: 58929

Sam Button, England

Peugeot Expert 2006

What do the dashboard warning symbols mean on my Peugeot Expert?

Submitted: 05/12/2013 14:51:09 | ID: 57075

Nanm, Sussex

Peugeot Expert 2011

How many miles does my Peugeot Expert`s engine come with warranty?

Submitted: 26/11/2013 14:42:17 | ID: 58665

Jacquie Donnelly, Northern Ireland

Peugeot Expert 2009

Hi there. The sensors on the side door of my husband`s Peugeot Expert van are showing up constantly that the door is not closed properly - but it is closed tight. At other times the door will not close properly. I`m hoping to get this fixed and do a few other repairs for him as a surprise. I`d appreciate any help in this regard? Many thanks.

Submitted: 21/11/2013 10:38:11 | ID: 58109

Westley Green, Leicestershire

Peugeot Expert

I have replaced the front discs and pads and calipers and servo master cylinder brake lines on my Peugeot Expert but the brakes keep sticking on and burning. Vaccum is fine. Does anyone have any ideas as this is a customer`s car that I have had for 2 weeks? (hdi)

Submitted: 08/11/2013 11:47:22 | ID: 57552

Michael Close, Northern Ireland

Peugeot Expert 2008

My Peugeot Expert`s engine cuts out when you turn the key. Nothing happens and the dashboard shows nothing but the lights and radio are working. Any idea what it could be?

Submitted: 04/11/2013 16:23:32 | ID: 57258

Kushall Ahmed, England

Peugeot Expert 2004

Hi, the problem with my taxi Peugeot Expert E7 is the reverse lights don`t work, they don`t come on. I`ve checked the fuse and that`s okay. Can anyone help me?

Submitted: 01/11/2013 12:44:56 | ID: 57152

Kevin Halpin, England

Peugeot Expert 2004

I am trying to find the airbag module on my Peugeot Expert van as it is disconnected?

You will find the air bag ECU underneath the floor carpet in a recess in the panel. You will need to take the passenger seat out to lift the carpet. You may well find the ECU has water damage as people tend to wash the rubber floor mats and the water finds a way through to the underside of the mat. Dave from England

Submitted: 29/10/2013 16:03:54 | ID: 56950

Alex Bashforth, England

Peugeot Expert 2010

I have just got a new Peugeot Expert van and I am trying to pair my Sony Xperia s to the hands free. I have tried with the engine running, key to first position and with just the radio on. My phone and the van find each other and the screen in the van says " accept pairing" but once I select yes it asks for authentication code. I have typed in 1234, the van thinks about it for a few seconds then tells me pairing failed. I have no code set on the phone. Please help?

Submitted: 25/10/2013 11:56:15 | ID: 53443

Alex Bashforth, England

Peugeot Expert 2010

I have just got a new Peugeot Expert. I am trying to pair my Sony Xperia s to the hands free. I have tried with the engine running, key to first position and with just the radio on. My phone and the van find each other and the screen in the van says " accept pairing" once I select yes it asks for authentication code. I have typed in 1234. The van thinks about it for a few seconds then tells me pairing failed. I have no code set on the phone. Please can anyone help?

Submitted: 24/10/2013 14:58:23 | ID: 56646

James John, England

Peugeot Expert 2002

My Peugeot Expert`s wipers and indicators have stopped working. I have checked fuses but all are fine. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 24/10/2013 11:52:58 | ID: 56485

Leon Mendy, Buckinghamshire

Peugeot Expert 2004

Hi, I left my Peugeot Expert diesel standing for 3 days and now can’t get it started. The engine turns over well. The weather is mild, it had been raining, could it be a faulty computer?

Check the rubber ring on the back of the fuel regulator. If missing, replace as it takes in air over a period of time causing loss of power and eventually it won’t start on key, will start on run. John McMenamin from Northern Ireland

Submitted: 22/10/2013 15:34:30 | ID: 56475

Mohammed Uddin, Yorkshire

Peugeot Expert 2006

How do I fix a fuse or relay for the diesel motor in the tank of my Peugeot Expert?

Submitted: 07/10/2013 12:20:46 | ID: 55902

Paul Smith, England

Peugeot Expert 2008

My Peugeot Expert`s fuel pipes are leaking, injector pipe split and has been replaced and are a tight fit but fuel is squirting out when the engine is running. Any ideas? (1.6 HDi)

Take the regulator off the back of the fuel pump, the back seal has gone so it’s taking in air and airlocking the system causing it to build pressure. John McMenamin from Northern Ireland

Submitted: 01/10/2013 15:49:42 | ID: 55520

David, England

Peugeot Expert 2008

How long does it take to renew the clutch plate on a Peugeot Expert? (tepee)

Submitted: 26/09/2013 15:56:44 | ID: 53630

Basil Pennicott, Devon

Peugeot Expert 2010

The press buttons on my Peugeot Expert`s door handles seem to have parts missing. I think there should be small caps that fit over them. Could anybody tell me if they are available? (m)

Submitted: 26/09/2013 10:59:05 | ID: 53459

Maurice Montgomery, Northern Ireland

Peugeot Expert 2008

Hi. My Peugeot Expert 2.0 hdi drives well but sometimes loses power as if you turned off the engine for a split second, then back to normal. Can anyone advise what the problem could be? Thanks.

Hi, my old car did the same, it’s proably the air flow meter. Disconnect the air intake from the engne and then drive it. If it feels more responsive then that is usally what it is. Norm Mcmillan from Cardiff

Submitted: 17/09/2013 10:07:59 | ID: 54363

Geana Sweeney, England

Peugeot Expert 2003

The engine management light keeps flashing on and off in my Peugeot Expert, then today I`ve noticed oil leaking out of the van. When looking I noticed it had leaked all over the engine etc. Also the van has been losing power suddenly when driving. This happens from time to time for a few minutes. Please can anybody help?

Submitted: 27/08/2013 11:15:51 | ID: 90668

John Bell, Scotland

Peugeot Expert 2012

I have purchased a Peugeot Expert and would like to know why I cannot find long wheelbase running boards for it? Do they make long wheelbase running boards for this model? (Tepee)

Submitted: 23/08/2013 11:23:19 | ID: 53561

Muhammad Bhatti, England

Peugeot Expert 2007

Since I bought this Peugeot Expert 2.0HDI 2007 it starts fine in the beginning then after a few miles it won’t start again. It doesn’t stop whilst driving, but if I stop the engine and restart it will not start until I tow start it. Any ideas welcome.

It’s drawing air in, probably at the filter. Snizal Manizal from Buckinghamshire

Submitted: 16/08/2013 23:33:59 | ID: 53531