PEUGEOT BOXER questions and answers

PEUGEOT Boxer

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT BOXER models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT BOXER. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT BOXER questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Riaan, South Africa

Peugeot Boxer

Hi I removed the Catalytic convertor after it went into limp mode, I had it on the computer to fix the limp mode, after a couple days back in limp mode How can we reset the computer box to except that the CAT is out?

Submitted: 19/12/2014 17:53:02 | ID: 108142

Alan, Lancashire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi I have a 2004-2006 Peugeot boxer motor home and won't to fit a double passenger seat dose any body now if a seat from a 2008 model will fit Cheers Alan

Submitted: 15/12/2014 17:07:40 | ID: 107946

K GRAY, Devon

Peugeot Boxer

Hi I have a 1996 boxer 320 2.5 TD. (Don't know if its mwb 0r swb) When starting from cold, no problem and runs ok on steady tick over. After a few minutes as the engine warms up the tick over becomes less even and the running lumpy. If a small amount of throttle is given and held on for several more minutes, and then removed, the engines fine and returns to a steady tick over again. If you study the dashboard temperature gauge during this period the bad running always happens just as the hand/needle starts to move indicating the engine is warming up. I have had this problem for 3yr and lived with it, but would really like to know the cause. Thanks Keith

Submitted: 01/12/2014 20:43:19 | ID: 107218

Dave Laing, Midlothian

Peugeot Boxer

Can anyone tell me how to drain my camper van water heater tank. Where is tank and where any drain/ fill valve is situated? I have a Peugeot boxer diesel 2.2 Autocruiser.

Hi, it`s in the wardrobe, lift the lever so it points in the up position. Just got one myself Colin from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 24/11/2014 17:07:39 | ID: 106791

Tom Cadman, Lancashire

Peugeot Boxer

5a Seawell Avenue Heysham i have a boxer based motorhome,2010 autocruise. the dipped beam headlights keep switching off , leaving just sidelights on. mainbeam works ok. any advice please

Submitted: 18/11/2014 16:24:13 | ID: 106425

joan, Belgium

Peugeot Boxer

the diesel pump was changed and stop working, it does not make any sign. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be

Submitted: 16/11/2014 22:42:28 | ID: 106312

manie, South Africa

Peugeot Boxer

I put in a new clutch and now it won`t start. It`s been standing for more than a month. I`ve tested all sensors?

Submitted: 06/11/2014 14:45:16 | ID: 105771

David Elms, Northamptonshire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi. Can anyone please tell me where the fuse is for the window washers please? My washers are not working but the wipers are. Are they on the same fuse and where is the fuse box? Thanks, David.

Submitted: 06/11/2014 14:07:35 | ID: 105767

phil smith, Bulgaria

Peugeot Boxer

where can we find the engine number on our boxer motorhome

Submitted: 30/10/2014 14:26:09 | ID: 105334

johnnyg, Kent

Peugeot Boxer

Have recently purchased pair of front foglights that fix into bumper i.e shaped to fit Where exactly do they go as they have specially shaped brackets with them? Vehicle is 1996 mk1 Boxer.

Submitted: 29/10/2014 15:46:13 | ID: 105295

Leigh Sullivan, Argentina

Peugeot Boxer

I have a Boxer with a 2.2. Diesel engine on an Elddis Motorhome coach built chassis. Does anyone know how to access the vehicle battery (not the leisure one) to remove it?

Should be under the floor between the 2 cab seats. Lift the carpet and you will see a remove able panel. Battery is under that Allan from Kent

Submitted: 29/10/2014 10:15:51 | ID: 105280

brian westbrook, Surrey

Peugeot Boxer

hi can anyone tell me where battery charger is locatced in van

Submitted: 17/10/2014 19:12:57 | ID: 104784

phil smith, Bulgaria

What size is the petrol tank? Thanks, Phil

Submitted: 16/10/2014 17:21:58 | ID: 104712

Mike clarke, Vale of Glamorgan

Peugeot Boxer

I'd like to fit a grab handle on each side of the cab. Where should I fix them? A diagram would help! Thanks.

Submitted: 16/10/2014 13:05:47 | ID: 104696

Kent monkey, Kent

Peugeot Boxer

I have a new 14 plate boxer does anyone know what colour wire does the dipped headlights please

Submitted: 15/10/2014 20:05:22 | ID: 104661

benson, Nigeria

Peugeot Boxer

My motor will not start because the key code is showing

Submitted: 11/10/2014 12:06:29 | ID: 104437

blackwell, Norfolk

Peugeot Boxer

hi, i need to alter time clock, how do i do it please

Submitted: 06/10/2014 21:55:40 | ID: 104179

George, Shetland Islands

Peugeot Boxer

Can anyone tell me the Engine oil capacity for my 2009 Boxer 2.2 hdi? Can't find it in the book!

Submitted: 04/10/2014 20:33:01 | ID: 104064

steven mullins, Dumfries and Galloway

Peugeot Boxer

How do I remove the fuel tank sender unit?

There is a small panel between the driver and passenger seat FOX peter from France

Submitted: 02/10/2014 11:01:39 | ID: 103947

garry, Kent

Peugeot Boxer

Hi went to move off and felt like brakes were on, could this be hill start assist problem

Submitted: 01/10/2014 09:05:13 | ID: 103887

garry, Kent

Peugeot Boxer

Got a new boxer only 400 miles noticed the ars light above button comes on for a short while should it.went to pull away and it felt like all brakes on only cleared after tuned off and on couple of times any ideas

Submitted: 29/09/2014 17:29:27 | ID: 103808

Natina, Guinea

Peugeot Boxer

Please help. An incompetent mechanic mixed up my fuses in the glove compartment. I need to know the table of fuses, what each controls and the amp values please? Thank you.

Submitted: 25/09/2014 21:37:45 | ID: 103651

Peter Dolphin, Powys

Peugeot Boxer

I am in the process of changing a set of wheel bearings on my motorhome and am not sure how the inner oil seal is fitted ie plain side facing outwards (seal lip towards the bearing) or inwards with seal lip facing outwards Hope you can help Thanks Peter Dolphin

fit seal with lip of seal towards bearing ,to keep grease in the lip usually has a spring around lip as well . blackwell from Norfolk

Submitted: 24/09/2014 07:05:31 | ID: 103549

Mick, Lancashire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi My overflow pipe in my peugot boxer keeps leaking water down the side of the van from radiator top up tank,this is using up water is there a solution to this ? Many thanks

Sounds like head gasket fault blackwell from Norfolk

Head gasket fault blackwell from Norfolk

Submitted: 22/09/2014 12:10:50 | ID: 103442

ray hyde, Devon

Peugeot Boxer

Hi, when my motorhome has been standing for more than 30 mins, when you start there is a loud rattling from the gear box area until you rev the engine or depress the clutch. Any ideas?

sounds like the springs on clutch friction plate are loose or broken, they cushion the toque when you lift foot on clutch pedal blackwell from Norfolk

Submitted: 21/09/2014 22:08:22 | ID: 103415

leezenith, Devon

Peugeot Boxer

Hi, when my motorhome has been standing over a short period and I start up there is a loud and rattling noise from the gear box, when I depress the clutch pedal or increase the revs it stops. Any ideas as to what it can be?

Yes, I had same problem on my Boxer. I took the gear box out and discovered that the slide tube for the release bearing of clutch had come away from the gear box. It is riveted on into a seal for the gear box, not the strongest of things but you need to replace release fork trupet and clutch release bearing, around 50euro I think and the bolt that holds the trupet sleeve are very tight. I used a little head on the screw heads. Hope this helps FOX peter from France

Submitted: 21/09/2014 21:53:26 | ID: 103414

Paul Booth, North Yorkshire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi, if you could help much appreciated. Can a timing chain be replaced on a Peugeot Boxer 2.2 HDI (120 bhp) 2009, 6 speed, without taking the engine out of the vehicle i.e. engine in situ? Thank you

Submitted: 19/09/2014 14:38:22 | ID: 103302

Muhammad shafqat, Qatar

Peugeot Boxer

Hi, good day, my driver filled with gas instead of diesel and after that there was a sound in the engine. At that time he stopped the engine, after that we flushed the tank and cleaned the supply lines. Also I replaced the injectors with new ones. Now we are facing a problem with starting, when we put some drops of petrol in the air intake the car will start, in normal conditions I am unable to start it. Do you have any suggestions?

Submitted: 18/09/2014 09:34:02 | ID: 103248

john cook, Hampshire

Peugeot Boxer

on the oil read out on the dash controls high has sudenly appeared for the oil read out after the vehicle had been running for a long period but appears normal when ignition is first switched on which shows the normal squares. is there a major problem that needs to be rectified as my motorhome dealer does not seem to know very much about it theirself. could a new cam belt have caused additional problems or is there something else..

Submitted: 17/09/2014 11:52:41 | ID: 103198

G Chambers, Neath Port Talbot

Peugeot Boxer

Does this engine have a timing chain or a belt. Also how can I find out what brake horse power this engine is, and finally is the engine and gearbox oil the same or are they separate. The engine is the 2.2 diesel 2014 model fitted to an Elddis motor home. Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 10/09/2014 00:59:26 | ID: 102916

Mike Jones, Gloucestershire

Peugeot Boxer

I have a 1.9 diesel non turbo 270S short wheelbase van. I am pretty conversant with the engine, having replaced head gasket after skimming head and replaced clutch in the past on the same engine. This vehicle has never been a problem, and after a perfectly fine trip to London, refuses to start. The engine turns over fine and when loosening off the fuel input to the injection pump and using the priming bulb, the fuel is plentiful to that point. Heater relay works fine, all the heater plugs are OK, and the voltage arrives at the plugs for the duration of the timer. All this suggests a problem with the solenoid stop valve. The trouble is, I can't find it. there are 3 wires going into one end of the fuel pump furthest from the timing belt, and a single wire going to a small cylindrical unit located under, but not attached to, the pump. It has a single small pipe running from it to the fuel pump, not an inlet and outlet as would be expected on a solenoid valve, though it is attached at the end of the pump close to where the fuel enters. I can find no information about this any where and would be glad if anyone can throw some light on this. There is no engine management system on this engine.

Submitted: 05/09/2014 11:58:18 | ID: 102640

Sam Steenkamp, South Africa

Peugeot Boxer

I have a Peugeot Boxer panel van 2001. Currently I'm battling with 2 problem areas. Urgent request 1. When driving at a speed of 70, 80 kmph, the speedometer is going right around the clock. 2. I have very little brakes but can't see any leakages on the master cylinder. Could any one please assist here please? Very much appreciated

Submitted: 28/08/2014 16:36:16 | ID: 102285

Nick, Plymouth

Peugeot Boxer

Hi my windscreen wipers have stopped working, checked fuses ok, then i noticed a cable running from the loom of wiper motor is broke but cant see where to connect it?

Submitted: 27/08/2014 09:43:22 | ID: 102207

S. Bowie, Cumbria

Peugeot Boxer

TTravelling in Spain in 2003 Boxer motorhome. Starter motor jams. Any short term fix until get home? Hitting casing works but does not seem good solution

Submitted: 25/08/2014 08:58:29 | ID: 102063

Ken Vaughan, Northamptonshire

Peugeot Boxer

2010 boxer motor home. Just noticed, when van locked from outside the central locking/alarm indicator light is permanently flashing. Never used to do this . Will it put wear on battery as van is often not moved for a week or two?;

Submitted: 17/08/2014 16:58:25 | ID: 101653

steve Brady , Derbyshire

Peugeot Boxer

My we have a Peugeot motorhome 1.9 diesel wanderer turbo d it has 2 fans and the ride side fan stays on any suggestions

Submitted: 13/08/2014 15:13:52 | ID: 101419

pat ellis, Bedfordshire

Peugeot Boxer

Has anyone had continuous problems with there emissions unit on there Peugeot boxer motorhome

Submitted: 13/08/2014 14:07:54 | ID: 101417

Ken, Bristol

Peugeot Boxer

I need to route my reversing camera cable though the bulkhead. Any ideas on the best way?

Submitted: 12/08/2014 11:06:20 | ID: 101367

John stacey, Devon

Peugeot Boxer

Every time the water temp gauge goes over halfway mark the engine cuts out and will only start again after about 5mins. Any suggestion john.

Submitted: 11/08/2014 18:43:07 | ID: 101343

ash, Worcestershire

Peugeot Boxer

i have a peugeot boxer motorhome does anyone no how to turn of electric of by switch is it up or in middle or down

Submitted: 06/08/2014 18:18:43 | ID: 101028