PEUGEOT BOXER questions and answers

PEUGEOT Boxer

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT BOXER models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT BOXER. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT BOXER questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

bob blunden, Hampshire

Peugeot Boxer

can i plug in a fault code reader? wont start. insert key,turn one click all warning light lit , key code light out, turn key to start position, all ights go and starter turns will not start. keyout start all over again this time lights stay on and engine starts ok. WHY?

Submitted: 28/08/2015 17:28:46 | ID: 120468

Jerry Sims, Dorset

Peugeot Boxer

my speedometer cable has snapped. Peugeot say the part is obsolete and Iam finding it very difficult to find a replacement either new or second hand. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Submitted: 28/08/2015 15:20:36 | ID: 120452

colin murphy, Highland

Peugeot Boxer

Morning, I have the letter H showing in my instrument panel just right of the temp reading. What is this indicating? Thank you

Submitted: 21/08/2015 11:29:41 | ID: 120117

Roy Lewis, Pembrokeshire

Peugeot Boxer

I have a peugeot boxer2008 2.2 hdi.the emissions light is on continuously.is there any harm in driving it like this?

Submitted: 16/08/2015 20:17:41 | ID: 119889

Elizabeth Wade-Brown, Hampshire

Peugeot Boxer

We recently bought our first motorhome, an Autocruise on a Peugeot Boxer Mk2 2.2 diesel (plated 2007). First trip was a week, on hook up. No problem. This week, the vehicle battery drained. I suspect this is the original battery (43,000 miles) so will replace it. However Did I press the wrong buttons on the control panel in the habitat (manual is not helpful)? Can we charge the vehicle battery whilst on hook up and, if so, how?

yes you can charge your vehicle battery, simply put the rocker switch on the Zig unit to vehicle, don't forget to put it back to habitat for domestic purposes . if you have driven some distance your vehicle battery.. should already be fully charged......hope this is helpful, frank Frank Glover from Lancashire

Submitted: 13/08/2015 01:19:36 | ID: 119693

Malcolm Baines, Flintshire

Peugeot Boxer

My question is in regard to my rear number plate lights. There are two lights each fitted with a 5W cylindrical bulb. These lights are on the same wiring circuit. The problem I have is that both lights will not work at the same time. With both bulbs fitted, when switched on they both light momentarily and then go out. If the switch is turned off and one of the bulbs is then removed and the switch turned on again then the remaining bulb lights up. This is true for either light. According to my voltmeter there is 12v power at both light fittings so there is apparently no problem with the wiring. Also the fuse cannot have blown otherwise the lights would not work at all. However the switch has to be turned off and on again to reactivate the single bulb. My owners handbook does not show number plate lights in the list of fuses. I was wondering if there is some sort of overload cut off for these lights that resets itself for this circuit. Perhaps 5W is OK but 10W is too much? I have to say that although I have owned this vehicle from new (2008) to my shame I cannot remember noting if both lights were ever working at the same time.

Submitted: 07/08/2015 11:29:32 | ID: 119448

Fred james, Devon

Peugeot Boxer

Intermittent fault when starting ! Occasionally vehicle will start but cuts out when put in gear. After about 4 attempts it runs ok but will suffer from random cut outs when hot. Generally it runs fine and these faults are completely unpredictable. It has been suggested that either the Crank Shaft Sensor or The AIr Flow Meter could be at fault ! I have replaced the earth strap from engine to chassis thinking this could have been the problem. Any help would be much appreciated Fred James ( 2003 Boxer 2.0 Hdi Mobile Home 28,000 miles )

Submitted: 06/08/2015 19:17:32 | ID: 119434

Peter Barnes, Dorset

Peugeot Boxer

I have a problem with my boxer 1.9 non turbo diesel overheating. I have replaced the head gasket, the radiator, the thermostat and the water pump but still no joy. This may be a stupid question but does anyone know which way round the water is pumped through the radiator as I'm beginning to wonder if the pipes has been reversed on the radiator.

Submitted: 02/08/2015 19:15:28 | ID: 119249

chris peach, Stoke-on-Trent

Peugeot Boxer

my indicator stalk will not cancel when i turn left i have to remember to put it back

Submitted: 30/07/2015 22:21:48 | ID: 119149

nazmul, South Africa

Peugeot Boxer

Hi. While I was driving the boxer just shut down. I towed it back to my place. When I turn on ignition there is no lights. My battery is working because I am able to put alarm on and off. I checked the starter is fine. Please assist if possible.

Submitted: 29/07/2015 18:28:01 | ID: 119096

Peter Finlay, Wiltshire

Peugeot Boxer

I have 2004 2.8 hdi motorhome with 40k miles. When under strain, eg. 3000 rpm up hill, engine management light comes on. Change up gear and light goes out. But change up too quickly can cause engine to die. Changing down again engine will pick up again after about 20/30 secs. Garage struggling to find cause. Any ideas welcome!

could possibly be fuel starvation.....does it happen all the time or when you have a full tank....sometimes a vacuum is created and undoing the filler cap will release air......the other possibility is the accelerator pedal and electronic management system . not sure what advice to offer on the latter perhaps the garage people may have information but it's worth a comment. Frank Glover from Lancashire

Submitted: 28/07/2015 18:25:29 | ID: 119039

Peter Stevenson , Suffolk

Peugeot Boxer

Where can I pick up an ignition Feed in the engine compartment for running lights please

Submitted: 28/07/2015 11:31:38 | ID: 119018

Sean from , Ireland

Peugeot Boxer

My Peugeot boxer van is blowing white smoke and is burning water out of it what do u think is the problem

Submitted: 25/07/2015 18:28:52 | ID: 118898

paul franklin, Cambridgeshire

Peugeot Boxer

I have a slight drip leak coming from a component that sits behind oil filter have noticed it has been repaired before cannot stop engine running hot could this be the problem what is part behind oil filter ?

Submitted: 23/07/2015 21:09:54 | ID: 118822

John, City of Glasgow

Peugeot Boxer

Hi I am struggling to find the passenger side fuse box in my 63 plate peugeot boxer van. I have found the driver side and the one under the bonnet. Fuse 32 I am looking for. Interior lights.

Submitted: 22/07/2015 22:09:58 | ID: 118785

Ray cooper , Surrey

Peugeot Boxer

There is a red warning light to the left of my indicator switch. What is this??

Submitted: 19/07/2015 20:28:26 | ID: 118651

Adam Stafford, Essex

Peugeot Boxer

I have a 2012 Peugeot Boxer euro 5 and cannot locate which fuse is for the number plate lights. I have looked at the owners handbook and it isn't on the list could somebody please tell me which number it is?

Submitted: 11/07/2015 09:48:44 | ID: 118315

ROLAND RITCHIE, County Antrim

Peugeot Boxer

Autosleeper Symphony. Intermittent problem. Vehicle does not start. "Code" symbol for immobiliser comes up. When ignition is turned off the oil warning light stays on and only goes out when battery is disconnected. When battery is reconnected the oil light is out. I have isolated the habitation electrics but the problem remains.

Now solved. Earthing problem from gearbox to chassis. ROLAND RITCHIE from County Antrim

Submitted: 09/07/2015 12:09:34 | ID: 118250

john macphee, Highland

Peugeot Boxer

When it hits a hill it loses power / hills I wood go up in 4 gear I am down to 2 gear

Submitted: 07/07/2015 16:12:54 | ID: 118160

lewis barlow, Staffordshire

Peugeot Boxer

2.5 diesel motor home, warning light on dashbooard on when driving,says filter needs renewal in book.Have renewed air filter,are there any more filters it may be.Thank you

Submitted: 07/07/2015 15:28:46 | ID: 118159

keith hills, Cornwall

Peugeot Boxer

how do I replace the indicator/wiper stalk on my 2003 peugeot boxer 1.9 hdi motorhome ?

Submitted: 03/07/2015 17:23:52 | ID: 118009

Andy hyndman, Hampshire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi I have problem my Autocruise I keep losing power to lights,wipers windows etc,but still drives any ideas?

Submitted: 02/07/2015 18:45:14 | ID: 117954

Andy Hyndman, Hampshire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi can you help,I have an intermittent fault with my motor home.Now and then I switch off engine and when I restart I lose all power to lights,indicators,windows,windscreen wipers etc but engine still runs.Then switch off and switch on all okay,any ideas

check the rocker switch on the zig unit if there is one , make sure its fully located to vehicle or habitat....fg Frank Glover from Lancashire

Submitted: 02/07/2015 08:42:10 | ID: 117933

shaun, Shropshire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi when I turn the ignition on I get a message oil high and when I get 2-3 thousand revs the battery starts flashing at me

Submitted: 30/06/2015 22:06:18 | ID: 117876

m j cowell, West Yorkshire

rev counter is erratic

Submitted: 30/06/2015 20:06:35 | ID: 117868

ALLAN, Vale of Glamorgan

Peugeot Boxer

I have just returned from 3300 mile trip,no problems.Van has been on drive for 7days,I cannot get reverse gear and gear stick tends to stick.I t is a 2.2 hdi boxer 2006 model diesel run.

Submitted: 30/06/2015 17:14:55 | ID: 117864

Mario, Berkshire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi there, I have a problem with fan control knob, on my boxer van. Some time ago fan stopped working if on 3rd speed, but 1,2, and 4 were fine. Yesterday all of a sudden it stopped working at all. If I try to turn the knob to any of the 4 positions it just spins easily as nothing holds it, but no response from the fan. Anyone able to advise? Thanks

Submitted: 30/06/2015 10:36:50 | ID: 117855

Darren, Kent

Peugeot Boxer

Just collected brand new van & Wondered why the lower cooling fan on Radiator cuts in & out every 15 seconds Even when just started & cold Is this normal?

Submitted: 28/06/2015 13:48:20 | ID: 117799

syd, North Yorkshire

Peugeot Boxer

Hello heater and blower work fine but the switch that changes the psition the air blows seams to be the same no matter whatposition you turn switch. Thanks Syd

Submitted: 27/06/2015 18:13:53 | ID: 117779

Norman, Kent

Peugeot Boxer

Where can I locate the starter motor

Submitted: 27/06/2015 14:12:35 | ID: 117774

gary, Worcestershire

Peugeot Boxer

im struggling to find a replacement gearbox for my van is there any other what will fit my gearbox is coded 20mk24

Try Alex Jackson at Premier Gearboxes at Tylesley, Birmingham. Tel: 0121 7069149. They can rebuild your exsisting gearbox. Ken Yearsley from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 20/06/2015 01:08:27 | ID: 117425

Shaunsemailes@gmail.com, Gwent

I've got 2 fault codes that won't clear p062B&0251. It won't start

Submitted: 14/06/2015 12:28:09 | ID: 117178

rob, Bath and North East Somerset

Peugeot Boxer

My boxer crunches when I put into 5th gear . However if I press clutch pedal to the floor and go right over as far as I can , its ok . Its a 5 speed box .

Submitted: 14/06/2015 09:23:54 | ID: 117173

Len, Dorset

Peugeot Boxer

When engine starts 5 led come at front each side, after a few minutes the lights drop down to two on each side when full beam is selected one side of led lights go out any thoughts

Submitted: 10/06/2015 19:29:17 | ID: 117043

keith morgan, Worcestershire

Peugeot Boxer

i have wobble front curb side i have changed the wheel bearing plus driveshaft only happends when driving under pressure foot off throttle no wobble please can you tell me the problem so i can get it sorted

Submitted: 10/06/2015 17:42:37 | ID: 117041

Dan, Cardiff

Peugeot Boxer

We have a motorhome with the peugeot boxer cab with swivel seats but we don't know how to swivel them, can you advise please..

To swivel the seats there is a lever on the left hand side of the seat John from Greater Manchester

Submitted: 08/06/2015 11:02:55 | ID: 116949

Marshall, Tyne and Wear

Peugeot Boxer

Hi, after rain my heater box fills with water ,is it an easy fix or should i just drill the bottom of the box and the floor and fit a pipe to let it drain away, cheers.

Hi I suggest you check the drain is clear and flowing well from your windscreen scuttle. If you lift the bonnet and look through the plastic grill below the left hand wiper blade the scuttle box shoul be clear. Also check that the drain pipe does not dump water over the back of the gear box..not good news. You can drill a small drain hose and put a plug in but it is better to lift out the fan motor first and chect all is ok. Also check it is rain water and not your heater element. If its the heater I can tell you how to change it as I have just done mine. Cheers Keith Marchant from Surrey

Submitted: 05/06/2015 12:54:30 | ID: 116831

Paul, Carmarthenshire

Peugeot Boxer

Hi, problem with my peugeot auto quest Motorhomes (boxer L333 2013) is whilst using aircon as engine is idling, the engine fan cuts in every 30 secs and remains on for less than a minute. Really annoying and never encountered this on any other vehicle. Anyone know what could be wrong?

If the Camper is Idling in traffic etc, it the Norm, it stops the Engine overheating. Trebor from Lancashire

Submitted: 27/05/2015 09:33:09 | ID: 116513

Mansur Amao, Sweden

Peugeot Boxer

Please I would like to know a slave cylinder to the model of this car, does it come with the pile sitting behind the cylinder or does it come separate?

Submitted: 19/05/2015 13:25:19 | ID: 116221

David Hicks, Cornwall

Peugeot Boxer

Has anyone had the problem I have? My radiator fan has stopped working on my Boxer Motorhome. I can get it to work by running wires from the fan to the battery, the fuse in the glove box is okay. Any ideas please?

Submitted: 18/05/2015 22:13:17 | ID: 116201