PEUGEOT BOXER questions and answers

PEUGEOT Boxer

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT BOXER models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT BOXER. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT BOXER questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

mike lynch, Lancashire

Peugeot Boxer

My heater control knob which switches between face level, windscreen, feet etc doesn't work, any ideas?

Submitted: 16/04/2014 20:43:22 | ID: 94333

syd, North Yorkshire

Peugeot Boxer

i get high pitch noise when engine starts stays the same all the time clutch makes no difference any ideas,

Submitted: 12/04/2014 20:02:35 | ID: 94146

mickey powell, Greater London

Peugeot Boxer

I want to remove egr valve and clean how do I remove clips that hold.egr onto pipework

Submitted: 10/04/2014 14:08:52 | ID: 94076

Sue Topley, Kent

Peugeot Boxer 2001

I have today realised that the mileometer on my Peugeot Boxer motorhome isn’t working. Is it a HUGE job? Do we need to take all of the dashboard out to replace it? Is there a short-cut out there? Thanks for reading this. (motorhome)

Hello I have a Peugeot Boxer motorhome and lost the speedo but on further investigation of the gearbox to find the speedo cable I found that the gearbox was being infiltrated with water as I had had the speedo cable end disconected from the gearbox and spun it by hand and confirmed that it was showing a reading on the speedo I knew it had to be something in the gearbox so spoke to a local fitter who told me these speedo drives were made of plastic and possibly the water in the gearbox oil was affecting the drive so advised draining the gearbox oil completly and refilling with new. the reason the water gets in the gearbox was via the (well) that collects the water off the windowscreen if the seal of the tube that runs from the bottom has gone it leeks all over the gearbox instead of running down the back of the engine, when the water sits on top of the gearbox for any length of time it seeps in through the joints and will in time ruin your gearbox and cause a problem with your speedo I renewed the oil in the gearbox and the speedo started to work again soon after, I now put a plastic bag over the gearbox when not in use I also sealed the pipe in the bottom of the Well with silicon sealant. If you want to ckeck first to see if you have water in the gearbox just drain a little off you will soon know if it has water in it by the colour and the water should run out first. yours denis denis from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 04/04/2014 10:25:00 | ID: 93812

Steve Jones, Pembrokeshire

Peugeot Boxer 2000

Every now and again my 2000 Peugeot Boxer will not tick over. Is there any adjustment screw? (petrol 1988CC)

Submitted: 03/04/2014 10:39:45 | ID: 93827

Claire Davies, Carmarthenshire

Peugeot Boxer 2008

Hi there, I have a Peugeot Boxer van and I need to know where the relay switch is located? Can anyone help?

Submitted: 01/04/2014 15:22:24 | ID: 93763

Paul Carman, England

Peugeot Boxer 1999

I have a Peugeot Boxer 2.5 turbo diesel autosleeper executive wiring diagram. Where is the fuel pump please?

It has a high pressure pump inside the fuel tank .Open the lid on the floor by the passenger seat and you will get to the fuel tank. Tonde Mbofana from South Africa

Submitted: 01/04/2014 11:48:34 | ID: 93748

Steve Matthews, Swansea

Peugeot Boxer 2007

Hi, I hope someone can help? I have a Peugeot Boxer recently bought and I have a starting problem. The battery is fully charged but when trying to start it sounds like it`s flat, hardly turning over. Also yesterday I stopped the van and tried to restart it but the immobiliser light appeared on the dash and hence it won`t start. Any ideas please?

Your immobilizer is going wrong, you will have to get it removed, should cost a minimum of £300. Keith Norman from Powys

Submitted: 31/03/2014 15:32:16 | ID: 93669

Mick Dido, Leicestershire

Peugeot Boxer 2008

I have a Boxer 2.2 campervan with 15,000 miles on the clock. When I insert and turn the ingnition key I get a 3 second bleeping noise. Any ideas please?

Could be the rear electric step folding away. Ron Eddings from Lancashire

Submitted: 26/03/2014 15:49:34 | ID: 93606

Alan Warwick, Caithness

Peugeot Boxer 2001

I have had a new clutch and cable and new clutch pedal which had broken on my Peugeot Boxer. My problem is the clutch pedal is very heavy and stiff. Is it possible to have put the clutch pedal spring on the wrong way? I can get the gears okay but the clutch pedal feels more like a brake pedal. (Boxer camper)

Submitted: 24/03/2014 09:31:20 | ID: 61620

Patrick Kelly, Ireland

Peugeot Boxer 2008

I was driving my Peugeot Boxer van when I noticed the engine was lacking power and to my horror smoke coming as I thought from the offside of the engine. When I applied the brakes to stop the pedal was very hard to press down. I then noticed the smoke was coming from the offside wheel so I inspected all of the wheels to find them all very hot The four brakes had stuck on, explaining the lack of power. When the brake fluid cooled down all wheels turned freely but the brake pedal had no pressure as though there was air in the system. Can anybody help please? (Boxer van 2.2HDI diesel)

Submitted: 21/03/2014 09:38:56 | ID: 63119

Steve Pickess, Derbyshire

Peugeot Boxer 2011

My Peugeot Boxer has a flashing warning light on the diesel gauge on the dashboard. What could the problem be? The tank is half full. Is it easy to get to the tank?

Submitted: 20/03/2014 12:24:04 | ID: 63018

Gerard, Durham

Peugeot Boxer 2008

I have bought a camera to fit to my Peugeot Boxer motorhome. I found a wire on the shelf above the interior mirror, can I use this for my new camera and where does it go to? Please assume I am not an auto electrician. (Motorhome)

Submitted: 13/03/2014 10:18:00 | ID: 62714

Stephen Moffat, England

Peugeot Boxer 2002

I have a Peugeot Boxer van 2.8 hdi and I have been told that the egr valve is faulty. Can you tell me where on the engine this is and how to fix the problem?

Submitted: 10/03/2014 10:38:52 | ID: 76541

Cliff Shorter, Hampshire

Peugeot Boxer 2009

My Peugeot Boxer makes a terrible screeching from the offside of the engine on startup, it lessens but does not disappear completely when running. When warm, the noise cannot be heard at tickover but comes in at about 2000RPM, then stays and appears to be related to engine speed. I`ve changed belts and tensioner. Any ideas please? (Motorhome)

Submitted: 07/03/2014 10:41:31 | ID: 62642

Eric Jordan, Norfolk

Peugeot Boxer 2000

I have a Peugeot Boxer motorhome compass drifter. I have a problem with water coming out at the back of the engine. Can you help? (i)

Submitted: 28/02/2014 09:20:16 | ID: 60013

Ken Vaughan, Northamptonshire

Peugeot Boxer 2010

Can I drive my Peugeot Boxer motorhome within the London low emission zone without paying a daily charge or a fine? (2.2hdi motorhome van conversion)

Depends on van weight and what the congestion zone database says. They can be contacted on their website to check. Toby from England

Submitted: 24/02/2014 11:11:11 | ID: 62299

Martin, England

Peugeot Boxer 2003

Hi. I have a 2003 Peugeot Boxer van 2.8 HDI right hand drive. On the side door on the passenger side the middle roller bearing has collapsed. I need to buy the bearing kit or the whole piece but I can`t find one for the passenger side. There are loads on Ebay but all for the driver`s side. Also to replace it, I would say I could undo the two allen key nuts holding it in place and slide it out. My van is ply lined. Can I just pull the plastic moulding off, the piece at the end of the guide rail? Many thanks. (2.8. HDI)

Submitted: 18/02/2014 16:16:09 | ID: 62236

Michael Glover, England

Peugeot Boxer 2002

Hi, I have an air noise type squeak when applying the footbrakes in reverse only on my 2002 lwb Peugeot Boxer 2.2 non turbo diesel camper van, low mileage 8,000 genuine. This noise has just started in the last few weeks. Any ideas? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks. (Lwb campervan 2.2D. Non turbo)

Submitted: 18/02/2014 11:22:05 | ID: 62175

Lee Bradshaw, Derbyshire

Peugeot Boxer 1998

I have a Peugeot Boxer diesel van. I recently topped the gear box up and now when the engine is running it will not go into gear, but when the engine is turned off it goes straight into every gear. Could anyone advise me on what the problem might be? Thanks.

It has a hydraulic clutch line fed from the brake master cylinder reservoir and it must have air in. It needs bleeding. To bleed it you need to find the slave cylinder at the top of the gearbox, there’s a clip you need to prise out then pull on the pipe itself and it will pull out about 10 mm. Then you bleed it like bleeding a car by pumping the clutch pedal and keeping the reservoir topped up with brake and clutch fluid (note unlike bleeding brakes the clutch pedal will not raise itself so use your hand to pump and pull it back up till all the air is out. Then push the pipe back in and the circlip, check fluid levels again and you’re done! Paul Andrews from England (mechanic of 17 years)<br />

Submitted: 17/02/2014 10:19:53 | ID: 62142

John Turner, Cornwall

Peugeot Boxer 2008

My Peugeot Boxer was working normally, then unexpectedly it would not start. I think the fuel cut off switch may have been activated when the van doors were slammed shut. I can’t find the location in the handbook, can you help please? (Hdi)

Submitted: 14/02/2014 11:35:21 | ID: 58634

Raymond Hamblin, England

Peugeot Boxer 2001

I have a 2001 X reg Peugeot Boxer and I can’t find anyone who knows where the diagnostics plug is or what type. I`ve looked in the glove box and I can’t find a hard copy of a repair manual so I would be most grateful if you can help. Any suggestions please? (Boxer 320 mwb)

Submitted: 14/02/2014 08:56:27 | ID: 62060

Adrian Mason, Worcestershire

Peugeot Boxer 1998

My Peugeot Boxer van is hard to start, runs for a bit and then cuts out as if out of fuel. After turning over it starts up but still smokes a lot but when driving the smoke stops. When it gets warm it starts and runs fine, just difficult on a cold start. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 03/02/2014 14:20:17 | ID: 61611

Hyden Miftari, France

Peugeot Boxer 2005

Hi, recently as I was driving my Peugeot Boxer the battery warning light started to flash and after about 100 miles it just came on and stayed on. I took it to my Peugeot dealership and the alternator had gone. I replaced the alternator myself but the battery warning light still stays on. How can I reset the battery warning light please? Thank you in advance. (2.2 HDI)

Hi, I have the same problem, I’ve just replaced the alternator but the battery warning light is still on. I have a Peugeot Boxer motorhome Starblazer. Did you find out what the problem is and how to reset the warning light? Gill O’Neil from England

Submitted: 20/01/2014 11:56:27 | ID: 65560

Derek Timms, Wiltshire

Peugeot Boxer 1999

My Peugeot Boxer camper is stuck in second gear. Any idea what it could be? (Symbol camper)

Submitted: 17/01/2014 14:42:26 | ID: 60814

Graham Atkins, England

Peugeot Boxer 2007

Can anyone please help me or give me an answer? I have an 07 Peugeot Boxer van and when it was raining heavily last week I went to start my van and all the lights were flashing. It starts up but only runs with your foot still on the pedal and then cuts out but all the lights are still flashing. When you take the key out all of the lights still flash. The only way to stop this is to take the battery lead off. Please can anyone tell me what it could be or give me some answers? Thanks.

Submitted: 06/01/2014 12:14:09 | ID: 60332

David Prince, London

Peugeot Boxer 1996

What is the best small generator to attach to my 1996 Peugeot Boxer symphony autosleeper? I have heard the Honda one is good but it`s very pricey? Many thanks in advance for your help. (symphony autosleeper)

Submitted: 06/01/2014 11:09:33 | ID: 58419

Martin Eyers, Ireland

Peugeot Boxer 2008

The ECU / EMU light on my 2006 Peugeot Boxer Series 2 2.8HDI comes on when under load at about 2800 rpm in fourth gear or about 2100 rpm in fifth. I had it checked by a local mechanic who initially diagnosed the EGR valve - subsequently cleaned but no improvement. Then he diagnosed a faulty boost pressure sensor - replaced but still no change. I have replaced the fuel filter but the problem is still there. I suspect there is a fuel delivery system fault but am not sure where to look now. Any ideas? (2.8 HDI)

Submitted: 02/01/2014 09:49:54 | ID: 59980

Andy Barrett, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot Boxer 2007

I have a 2007 Peugeot Boxer 2.2 hdi on an Eldiss motorhome. I left it to stand for a month and now cannot start it. I have tried jump starting because the battery seems flat but no response. I put the fully charged battery at the side to try to jump it and all lights come on but the engine will not turn. Could it be an earth lead? Any ideas? (2.2 hdi)

Hi, I have the same problem, did anybody answer it for you? Gill from Lancashire

Hi I have a Peugeot Boxer motorhome 2013 plate, if I let it stand for a month the battery goes flat. The only thing that works is to charge the battery and not let it stand for more than one week. David Imber from Gloucestershire

I had the same happen to us boxer campervan2011 we installed a solar panel did the trick Colin brooks from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 02/01/2014 08:29:17 | ID: 59975

Brian Owen, Pembrokeshire

Peugeot Boxer 1998

Could anybody tell me how to wire the switch that works the window on the passenger side of our Peugeot Boxer? The original switch had 6 wire connections but the new switch that we have only has 5 connections. We have been informed by Peugeot that they have discontinued the switch that was originally fitted in the van. I hope you can help us out?

Submitted: 31/12/2013 12:41:44 | ID: 59832

Keith Wallin, Dorset

Peugeot Boxer 1996

Sometimes when I try to start the engine of my Peugeot Boxer all I hear is a dull click when the key is turned. The engine will then usually start on the second or third turn of the key, but occasionally more attempts are necessary. The battery is good. Does anyone know what`s wrong? (Auto Sleepers 2.5)

Hi, there is a dead spot on the starter armature, a temporary cure is to give the starter body a good smack with a hammer, this nearly always works. Ken Edwards from England

Submitted: 30/12/2013 10:50:19 | ID: 59781

Dave Wright, Essex

Peugeot Boxer 2010

I’m trying to get to the passenger side fascia fuse box on my Peugeot Boxer. The handbook says ’Remove the bolts and tilt the box to access the fuses’, but does not say which bolts and where. Any ideas please? (Assume I’m an idiot please). (335 MWB Motorhome)

Did you find out we're the fues box is as my door lock will not lock with the key fob Malcolm Malcolm from Lancashire

Door lock Malcolm from Lancashire

Submitted: 20/12/2013 10:16:00 | ID: 59558

Richard Davidson, Fife and Kinross Shires

Peugeot Boxer 2012

How can I disconnect the battery on my Peugeot Boxer over the winter but still have my van locked? When I lock it with the central locking then it disconnects the battery and the van then unlocks?

Submitted: 19/12/2013 09:57:48 | ID: 59488

Mark Kokkou, London

Peugeot Boxer 2008

Hi there. I have a Peugeot Boxer van 08 and I think I need to change the glow plugs. Could anyone tell me whereabouts on the engine these could be located? The van smokes a lot from cold until it warms up, could this be a glow plug related problem? Also there is a slight diesel knock and there also seems to be an intermittent boosting problem when under load up to 2500 rpm. The van has done 123,000 miles. Thanks. (2.2 hdi professional)

The glow plugs heat the fuel as it enters the engine to help with starting in cold weather. If the engine has to turn over quite a lot before starting then one or more of the glow plugs may be faulty and the smoke. If white it will be unburnt fuel. If the smoke is black it will be more than likely engine wear. There are a few causes for diesel knock, one of them being cheap fuel, Tesco used to be particularly bad. Try Shell or Esso and see if there is any difference. Relay 2.2hdi from Cornwall

Submitted: 10/12/2013 16:02:59 | ID: 58524

Allen Jones, Ceredigion

Peugeot Boxer 1999

I have a T reg. Peugeot Boxer motorhome and when driving back from Spain through France recently I found that it would not stay in fifth gear but kept on slipping out. I managed to get home in fourth. Can you tell me what the problem is? (Motorhome)

The fifth gear is an add on to the end of the gearbox. After standing a while the oil drains and you can get premature wear of the gear. Since it is an add on it is relatively simple to buy a new gear kit to replace. Videos to do this can be found on YouTube or inexpensively at local garage. Toby from England

I had the same trouble, your 5th gear linkage has gone. I got mine sorted for around £300. Keith Morgan from Worcestershire

Submitted: 06/12/2013 11:14:12 | ID: 58876

Morley, England

Peugeot Boxer 2007

My Peugeot Boxer has the faulty bulb light on and the fog light is not working. If you turn the indicators on they tick rapidly, then switch them from left to right and the fault light goes out, but the fog light button still doesn’t work. We have checked the fuse and changed the bulb. What else can we do?

Submitted: 26/11/2013 12:13:10 | ID: 58644

William Maxwell, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot Boxer 2007

My Peugeot Boxer`s starter battery gets charged when running but no charge when hooked up to 230 volts. I can hear relay pulling in when switched to the van battery but nothing at the battery? (motorhome)

You don’t give many details but it is not uncommon for the van battery not to be charged by 230v and the house battery to be charged. This is the case on my Pilote MH on a Boxer chassis. The charger often has a seperate circuit with fuses for the van battery so start there. Toby from England

Submitted: 25/11/2013 16:33:40 | ID: 58635

Dave Johnson, Gwynedd

Peugeot Boxer 2004

My Peugeot Boxer has a faulty fuel gauge. Also when the engine is started up the mileage is clocking up without the vehicle moving. Does anyone know why?

Submitted: 22/11/2013 15:46:42 | ID: 58511

Lee Curd, England

Peugeot Boxer 2008

Hi. I was wondering if anyone can help me? I was just about to set off at night in my Peugeot Boxer, started my engine and found that I had no lights. I checked the main fuse which was fine. After coming to a conclusion that they might have blown, this was the problem, both had gone. Luckily I had one spare to get me home. After a couple of days I set off again at night and once again the one I had put in had blown again. Could anyone tell me what the problem could be please as the van has done only 40,000 miles, that`s nothing for a diesel van? Please help!! Regards.

Submitted: 22/11/2013 15:17:06 | ID: 58520

James Parker, Aberdeenshire

Peugeot Boxer 2004

Where do I spray quick start on my Peugeot Boxer?

I don’t advise using quick start at all, the more you spray the more it will want until it won’t start without it. If you must use it spray into the air filter. David Imber from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 21/11/2013 09:53:35 | ID: 58152