PEUGEOT 207 questions and answers

PEUGEOT 207

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 207 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 207. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 207 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

edward, Wiltshire

The temperature warning light is flashing. The temperature gauge is acting normally and the car is not doing anything strange. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 17/12/2014 18:17:01 | ID: 108053

Victoria Cheston, Surrey

I am trying to change the rear light on my Peugeot 207 SW and have read some advice on websites (the manual is next to useless) but nowhere does it say whether or not the actual red plastic bit on the outside of the car, actually comes off? It talks about unscrewing the bolt which I have done, but I can't shift the casing and can't move the connector thingy either. Help!

Submitted: 17/12/2014 14:37:05 | ID: 108040

Alex, Cornwall

I seem to have no power going to my headlight adjustment switch in the car. I've tried a new switch and checked the fuse but still not luck. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 14/12/2014 12:06:55 | ID: 107885

Lorna Martin, Wiltshire

can the headlights be adjusted to shine further in front, the adjustment inside the car is at maximum

Submitted: 13/12/2014 16:34:43 | ID: 107853

Jill, East Sussex

My rear passenger door panel has a screw loose and it's going backwards and forwards as I drive any ideas how to get into the panel.Ive tried a long magnet but with no luck of finding it drilled holes in a panel and put expanding foam inside but there are obviously more than two inner panel can anyone help

Submitted: 12/12/2014 19:30:09 | ID: 107787

Mmanoko, Somerset

I have changed all the four spark plugs today, however one of the top rubber to cover the plug is damaged now I feel that the car is cutting off and not picking up the speed, theres a sign of antipopulation, what does that mean? Is it safe to drive the vehicle? Please help

Submitted: 07/12/2014 21:32:13 | ID: 107539

jane kelly, Devon

the warning alerts keep coming on randomly and the seat belt one comes on and beeps continuously for no reason?

Submitted: 05/12/2014 20:06:26 | ID: 107438

colin clark, Lincolnshire

Hi my car failed its MOT on the headlights being positioned wrong. How do i adjust them I've been told its by screws but where are the screws positioned. If you could help it would be great. Thanks Colin.

Submitted: 04/12/2014 19:20:23 | ID: 107389

naama, Yorkshire

!. What causes the DEPOLUTION SYSTEM FAULT ?? 2. Why is my car very sluggish and slow on the slightest of incline ??

Submitted: 03/12/2014 13:01:16 | ID: 107314

Spiros, Cyprus

I change the batteries on the remote controls and steel the car dosent start.Maybe need to change tha car batterie also.I havent change it since i buy the car...

Submitted: 30/11/2014 19:30:44 | ID: 107155

kathryn, Australia

My remote hasn't been working for a while so use key to lock and unlock for 6 months. My side mirrors have locked so when I use my key to lock or unlock nothing happens? So dangerous when driving without side mirrors. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 30/11/2014 09:54:33 | ID: 107114

gordon barker, Lincolnshire

my cars engine management light come on wont go over 70mph what could the problem be

Submitted: 29/11/2014 12:40:56 | ID: 107077

Simon, Ireland

There is a Eml light on the dash and the car is tuning very low in power and and rough ??? My car is a petrol and 207 gt 1.6 turbo ???

Submitted: 27/11/2014 19:11:23 | ID: 107001

Alan, Hampshire

O/s brake light not working but bulb ok what could be The problem.

Submitted: 27/11/2014 17:41:37 | ID: 106998

Graham, Newport

get OIL -- message on diagnostic screen instead of OIL OK I normally get. Checked oil and level is fine and no oil warning lights or other diagnostic messages coming on. Any ideas ??

Submitted: 21/11/2014 12:32:12 | ID: 106595

mark turnbull, Northumberland

Hi, can I adjust my headlights myself? I feel they are a bit too low. Are there adjustment screws hidden around the lights somewhere?

Look in user manual, it is on the column. kathryn from Australia

Submitted: 19/11/2014 16:44:18 | ID: 106494

Tshepo, South Africa

Recently changed discs and brake pads at the same time put antifreez. Everything was fine but the following day the car wouldn't start, it's displaying safe mode. It's as if it'll start but wouldn't. Had battery chest and it's fine what could be the problem?

Submitted: 15/11/2014 06:02:26 | ID: 106237

Solanki, Leicestershire

I have this Peugeot 207 and on my display counter I see a display showing PLAP BATTERY which comes on as soon as I start my car but goes away within a couple of seconds. Please advise me what should I do?

Is it plip battery or plap? Plip battery is your key batteries are running low. Just replace these and it wont show up again. ian from Hull

Submitted: 09/11/2014 19:37:57 | ID: 105950

Tracey, Devon

Hi, my climate control is a digital display and the last numbers are now missing. Does anyone know how to get this rectified? Thanks

Submitted: 08/11/2014 19:25:14 | ID: 105900

annette, Monmouthshire

How do I remove the driver`s seat?

Submitted: 07/11/2014 14:59:25 | ID: 105837

Angela Rivers, Somerset

I dropped the key fob of my Peugeot 207 dismantling the key from the fob. I can get into my car and the key will go in ignition but the car will not start. Auto locking warning message appears on the dash board. Any ideas please.

Submitted: 04/11/2014 23:14:50 | ID: 105687

David Kerrick, Lancashire

Something is coming up on my menu display on my 207 cannot find out what it means. the only way I can describe it is like bollard off a zebra at the rear of the car on the screen then two arrows then two arrows at the front of the car. any ideas please

Submitted: 04/11/2014 18:40:34 | ID: 105673

tracey, South Yorkshire

I've just paid £200 for a service & was informed that the 'brake fluid boiling point/level water content is 2.5%' what does this mean - also, should they have changed the brake fluid as part of the service? Also I paid extra for the engine cleaning; they found a 'small oil leak, recommended cleaning off & monitoring,' my car now smells of burning oil which it didn't before I had the service, should they have found the leak whilst cleanng the engine & fixed it then? rather then it geting all clogged up again? Help!!!! thanks

Submitted: 04/11/2014 17:04:33 | ID: 105668

Robert King, North Yorkshire

When I've finished driving and removed the key the display for the milage counter is still lit up. Is this normal? I'd assume that since the key is removed there's no need for this to still be on. The display even turns off if the key is inserted but electronics not turned on. It'll then turn back on when the key is removed. I'm just a little concerned about drain on the battery. I've had a search about online and can't find anything.

Yes it is normal, it goes off after a short period after the key`s removed big g from North Lanarkshire

Submitted: 03/11/2014 16:25:31 | ID: 105611

rony, Bristol

My peugeot 207 is cutting out and flashing anti pollution fault? what does this mean? and it wont restart again

Submitted: 01/11/2014 19:01:04 | ID: 105473

David, Essex

Should my car have an audible warning if I leave the lights on. The dealer was not sure

Submitted: 31/10/2014 22:10:37 | ID: 105427

Atef, Lebanon

Suddenly I have a dash light on gearbox indicator, and the car wont crank. What is the problem?

Submitted: 27/10/2014 10:29:46 | ID: 105175

Clive Daunton, North Yorkshire

When the engine is just off cold (say half a mile) it will not speed up from idle if I stop. It just sits at tickover for about 20 to 45 seconds, sometimes with the fan going flat out. The car is an automatic, has done only 20000 miles and has been regularly serviced. On one occasion the Anti Pollution Fail warning came on for a short while?

Submitted: 26/10/2014 16:33:05 | ID: 105150

Simon Robinson, East Riding of Yorkshire

I`ve got an anti-pollution warning but it runs great?

I had the same problem all you need to do is replace your two air filters Mark Harvey from West Midlands

Submitted: 21/10/2014 19:42:07 | ID: 104955

Simon Robinson, East Riding of Yorkshire

Got anti- pollution working been told lambda sensor - timing - throttle body but it runs great

Submitted: 21/10/2014 19:36:37 | ID: 104954

Francois Sutherland , South Africa

I have also been experiencing my antipolution faulty problem and have been in and out of the peugeot dealers and have herd all types of things from needing a service atc... I actually went on a trip inland and when I got inland all antipolution and engine warning lights went off, a week later coming back to the coast just as I entered my home town the lights just came on again. Pls advise me if you know what to do. Thanks

Submitted: 12/10/2014 13:45:21 | ID: 104493

maria naylor, Merseyside

207 urban purchased new in 2011, drivers door has dropped and could not close the car door. With some help lifting the door I managed to drive car home, but am having to get out of the passenger side, which is not ideal for a 72 year old lady with arthritis in her knees etc. Is this a common problem and should it be put right by the Peugeot dealer.

Submitted: 12/10/2014 12:22:27 | ID: 104489

Ian Glover, Cumbria

I have no handbook and I want to adjust the digital dashboard display which is stuck on the miles left in tank symbol. Please can you help? Thank you

Bottom on the end of the wiper stalk on mine Mike Holt from Greater Manchester

Bottom on the end of the wiper stalk on mine Mike Holt from Greater Manchester

Submitted: 11/10/2014 18:04:57 | ID: 104457

berna, County Antrim

When I go to personalization-> configuration I cannot see define the vehicle parameters, only parking assistance comes onto the screen. Does anybody know why?

Submitted: 10/10/2014 20:13:51 | ID: 104404

berna, County Antrim

how can l set headlight automatically off when l stoped an parked my car

Submitted: 10/10/2014 20:01:21 | ID: 104403

m carrington, Middlesex

is the engine fuel injected and are the rear brakes drums or pads

Submitted: 23/09/2014 17:12:24 | ID: 103525

Charlotte bell, Cumbria

The warning light stop is coming on temperature gauge up to highest , the coolant is at max and when I switch the car of it runs the engine fan for about 5mins? Is it safe to drive .

Submitted: 23/09/2014 16:32:57 | ID: 103524

mary, Bristol

I have a 1.4 3 door 207 sport. My temperature gauge stopped working so my car overheated without my knowledge ... The cooling fan has stopped kicking in .... Could it be the thermostat or is there a common fault with this particular model?

Submitted: 22/09/2014 21:13:09 | ID: 103477

fleurette souris, Mauritius

While driving my car, suddenly the electrical power-steering indicator lights and the steering wheel became stiff and difficult to manage. This occurred for about five or ten minutes. Please tell me what is the cause of this fault?

Submitted: 18/09/2014 06:17:48 | ID: 103243

janine allen, Thurrock

My Peugeot had a puncture but I need to change the settings so that it doesn't read 'Puncture detected', how do I do this please?

Submitted: 17/09/2014 20:00:52 | ID: 103225