PEUGEOT 207 questions and answers

PEUGEOT 207

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 207 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 207. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 207 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

rob holtby, East Riding of Yorkshire

When I lock my car the headlights and wipers come on? I have replaced the battery but it has not stopped it.

Submitted: 26/02/2015 09:38:56 | ID: 112369

Allan, Renfrewshire

Just last week I had the Anti Pollution system faulty message come up on the dash, car running ok but I think my petrol consumption has gone up, maybe just my imagination though. It`s booked in for diagnostic at weekend but thought I'd see what responses I got here to prepare me for any shocks. On a seperate issue, steering pulls to right a bit and wheel wobbles a bit at higher speeds then seems to settle down...any ideas guys? Thanks

Submitted: 24/02/2015 15:40:20 | ID: 112252

geof graham, Darlington

car will not start battery is in good order

Submitted: 22/02/2015 12:55:45 | ID: 112096

Laura, West Midlands

Can you adjust the position of the screen washer jets?? Just got some new Jets and they are squirting the screen was over the top of the car.

Submitted: 21/02/2015 15:18:21 | ID: 112035

samantha, Cardiff

had annual service if it has been reset what should milage be before next service?It reads 12450 is this correct?

Hi, I have a 2009 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 HDi, the service interval is 12500 miles. On reset, the display shows 12450, like yours. This is correct. Jason from Oxfordshire

Submitted: 20/02/2015 17:12:21 | ID: 111984

tony, Kent

Hello. I need help! I`ve got some fault in my car`s computer, every time it gives me fault with the lights - side light fault, reversing light fault, indicator fault. I changed every light but I`ve got the same problem?

Submitted: 19/02/2015 22:48:59 | ID: 111931

sally, Isle of Wight

Hi there, when I am driving along I get a "peep", then a picture flashes up of the car viewing it from above? What does this mean?

Submitted: 19/02/2015 12:21:19 | ID: 111873

rafiq, West Midlands

Hello mate, my 207 petrol gauge is not working and I`ve put loads of petrol in it. This just happened last night so I don`t know how much petrol there is? 2010 miles 22,000

Submitted: 18/02/2015 19:21:06 | ID: 111829

Kelly, Hertfordshire

Just before I change gear the engine seems to over rev, it does this between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd....do you know what causes this and how I can rectify it please?

Submitted: 18/02/2015 15:28:53 | ID: 111805

paul cundey, South Yorkshire

Can anyone tell me how to get into the back of the display unit as the seat belt warning light unit has fallen into the back of the console?

Submitted: 15/02/2015 17:11:14 | ID: 111600

JEAN, Spain

my cigarette lighter has stopped working, I use it to charge my phone and it also has a USB connection I use. It could be the fuse but I cannot locate which one it is.

Submitted: 15/02/2015 14:41:00 | ID: 111591

Alan Walker, Staffordshire

I have recently purchased a hand held didital analyser, could someone tell me where in the car it plugs in?

Submitted: 14/02/2015 14:39:22 | ID: 111517

Alan Walker, Staffordshire

I have just purchased a diagnostic analyser from a well known catalogue. I own a Peugeot 207cc 1.6 vti. Can anyone tell me where the socket is in the car where I connect it to?

Submitted: 13/02/2015 15:44:26 | ID: 111463

Marisa, Northamptonshire

I have a 58 plate 207 and the temperature and oil pressure gauges have stopped working. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 13/02/2015 14:16:38 | ID: 111460

Charlotte Marshall , West Midlands

Hi when I apply pressure to the clutch pedal a loud rattling noise starts, sounds like it's coming from under the bonnet. When I drive away after changing gear the noise stops, the noise only starts when pressure is applied to the clutch pedal. Can you help?

Submitted: 12/02/2015 17:31:32 | ID: 111391

Ken Shaw, Kent

Since having a major service at main dealers the centre dash display has changed, it used to display an accelerometer (foot too hard on throttle etc), date, day, time and temperature, also how many miles left of fuel in the tank. The agents don't know how to reset it. I`m sure that somehow it is connected to a radio control and or the button on the end of the wash/wipe control. I`m going mad trying to get the display back, can you help?

Submitted: 12/02/2015 15:50:47 | ID: 111377

kate hinchliffe, South Yorkshire

Hi my 207 as been fine but this morning I put the key in the ignition to start the car and it would not start and a message came up electronic anti theft faulty,I have changed the batterys on my key fobs and tried again but still the same..I did manage to bump start to get to work but it as done it again could anybody help me?

Submitted: 11/02/2015 13:41:31 | ID: 111320

Alan Whittaker, South Yorkshire

I fitted a new washer pump, the delivery is inconsistent as sometimes rear wash works when operating front washers and likewise the other way around. Cannot guarantee which washer will operate. Any ideas?

Submitted: 08/02/2015 14:16:02 | ID: 111134

colin, West Yorkshire

When I change gears from 1st to 2nd the car revs up slightly before settling down so the car sounds like it is over revving between gears. It does not do this if I am changing back down the gears. Can you tell me what causes this please?

Submitted: 08/02/2015 13:22:26 | ID: 111132

Fran Leyland, Cumbria

Why is my anti pollution sign coming on.What should I do ?

Hi Fran, I had the anti pollution faulty message appear a few months back on my 57 plate 207 and when the engine was on in neutral it sounded like the car was about to backfire. Turns out my catalytic converter was internally broken, I had issues with my oxygen sensors etc. I had to have new everything fitted in relation to the anti pollution system, costing approximately a grand! Peugeot garages will charge you about £70 just for a diagnosis before even doing anything to resolve the issue, but most other independent garages will do diagnosis for free and then leave it in your hands as to whether you want them to carry out the work needed or if you wish to take it elsewhere you can. Hope this helps - best of luck! Ps. Get it checked ASAP if you haven't already as it can cause damage to the engine! Nikki from Middlesex

Submitted: 03/02/2015 06:58:54 | ID: 110777

Carole Fossett, Lincolnshire

When driving my Peugeot 207 a warning light came up electrical circuit fault and the battery light was showing. I stopped turned the engine off and on again and the light went out. I carried on then the light came back on followed by all the lights came on and the engine cut out. We were able to start it again and drove 100 yards when we lost the powersteering and the engine cut out again and then gad to push the car home. Today the car started but when looking in the engine the driving belt had snapped. The battery been on charge all day but still flat. Any ideas please

Submitted: 25/01/2015 23:17:09 | ID: 110295

Geraldine Ellis, Nottinghamshire

When I put my lights on it turns the radio display dark and impossible to see. Is there any way of making the display visible when lights are on? Is this a fault?

Submitted: 22/01/2015 10:00:34 | ID: 110083

Steve, Derbyshire

The dashboard display is telling me that my bulbs are faulty when they all work ok. Any ideas? Regards

Submitted: 18/01/2015 14:33:46 | ID: 109782

raymond bray, Bath and North East Somerset

How do I switch the air conditioning off on the air conditioning panel?

Submitted: 18/01/2015 13:48:09 | ID: 109780

Vanessa Littlefield, Hampshire

My interior rear view mirror is loose, it has a sensor attached, how do i tighten it back up

Submitted: 16/01/2015 20:14:05 | ID: 109691

raymond, County Londonderry

Heater is only blowing cold air. Coolant header tank loses antifreeze each time I top it up. A lot of steam coming from the exhaust and around the engine after driving about 5 miles. Have been told it may be the head gasket. Where are the bleed screws located on the coolant system as it may be air locked?

Submitted: 16/01/2015 13:04:17 | ID: 109663

Whiskey, Essex

Hello, could someone help me out with a problem I am experiencing with my new (second hand) Pug 207 HD1 1.6 3dr 56 plate please? First off, got the car home from sitting on the outdoor sales forecourt and everything was fine, about 5 hours later I went to start the car and even though it did start up on the second revolution the turning over to get it started was slow and sluggish ("yaw.... yaw"). When I got home I removed the battery and gave it an overnight charge and checked that the battery was fuly charged. A voltmeter shows me that the car out a voltage of 13 volts standing to max 14v on running at 50mph and after the battery went back in it started up ok. Three hours later and after a good run the same deal..... sluggish turn over to start (again x2 "yaw....yaw" slow turn overs to start the engine). Also the main problem for me is this, when the car`s ignition system decided to randomly turn over very slowly it knocks out the car`s computer memory, so the clock goes back to factory and date and presets and all the car radio settings, all gone! If this were a petrol car first I would have checked the battery, then on to the starter and finally the fuel pump. As this 207 is hdi with a common rail diesel engine I am a bit lost? Could the battery be knackered as I believe that the voltage should be above 13.3volts all of the time? I know it`s nothing to do with the glow plugs so that's ruled out, I have also heard that it could be a knackered old fuel pump or an air leak problem? I am doubtful that it`s an alternator issue as the car`s existing battery is not losing voltage, it`s just low (12v - 13v at best). The car itself shows signs that it`s been sitting for a long time in a damp wet Welsh valley due to the signs of moss and algae around the windows and seals and leaves inside the engine bay. There are also damp residue build ups around the engine block itself. I am having a clean up in the bay and now I have the car it`s dryer and there seems to be no serious issues with water or damp inside (especially near the ecu, obd socket or fuse boxes). There are signs that show that somebody has continuously jump started the car rather than just solve the problem as there are lots of scorched burn marks to the battery terminals and connectors! Some help please? Thank you. (Note: car runs perfectly, no signs of engine problems and this issue does not happen every time. I would say that the car drains the battery to the point of it taking up all the power for starting up and knocking out the computer and radio memory once out of every 5 car start ups, random and when car is started at all angles (parked)

Submitted: 15/01/2015 02:59:59 | ID: 109566

Andy, Warwickshire

I've had the car serviced but now it keeps jumping?

Submitted: 13/01/2015 10:49:45 | ID: 109448

Terry o`reilly, Brighton & Hove

Do I need two lambda sensors?

Submitted: 12/01/2015 22:18:35 | ID: 109437

Patrick, County Down

I got into car this morning and put the window wipers on to clear windscreen and the wipers and windscreen washers came on constant, having tried to turn off the stalk seems to have no resistance at each function. is this a common fault or an easy fix? thanks.

I have the same problem, rear wiper and front on intermittent OK. Put front wiper on continual and the rear wiper goes to continual. If you go on your screen menu to configurations there is an option on the wipers but I can`t figure it out? Ray from Leicestershire

Submitted: 10/01/2015 13:38:09 | ID: 109288

Pol, Midlothian

The lights at my heating ventilation dials is off. Before it ius just loosen that a simple tap on the dial turns on the light.Now its totally gone. However the aircon indicator light and rear demister light still on. Please help.

Submitted: 06/01/2015 23:04:44 | ID: 109064

John Evans, Shropshire

Randomly, when I switch the ignition on, typically first time, I get a message on the main screen that reads " Connection Fault". Car starts and runs OK and message disappears as soon as the engine starts. Is it something to do with bluetooth or the Satnav. No symbols appear anywhere. Any ideas????

Submitted: 25/12/2014 11:43:47 | ID: 108434

edward, Wiltshire

The temperature warning light is flashing. The temperature gauge is acting normally and the car is not doing anything strange. Any suggestions?

Probably solved or sold it by now, I had the same problem, believe it or not it the windscreen washer pump, apparently water tracks from the pump to the fuse box, I assume its due to the pump seal failing ?its nxt to battery, lift of box lid, pull the middle loom plug out and there is possibly water in the socket causing the problem. dry out plug & socket with an air line if possible then spray WD 40 into them. You will need to replace the pump asap though. Martin from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 17/12/2014 18:17:01 | ID: 108053

Victoria Cheston, Surrey

I am trying to change the rear light on my Peugeot 207 SW and have read some advice on websites (the manual is next to useless) but nowhere does it say whether or not the actual red plastic bit on the outside of the car, actually comes off? It talks about unscrewing the bolt which I have done, but I can't shift the casing and can't move the connector thingy either. Help!

Had same problem with my daughters car. It took a lot of tugging to release it - it then flew off and I ended up dropping it, chipping the pointed end of the lens cover. The rubber grommets that locate a couple of location pins harden over time making difficult to release. I advise using a thin broad implement (dinner knife) slide between the lens and rear car body by tailgate (protect with masking tape) to lever it off to the rear, not sideways (there are guides that locate the long tapered section that runs down the side of the car -its more controlled than tucking. Smear pins with a little liquid soap to aid re-assembly. Should also be easier to remove lens next time a bulb needs replacing. RIchard Wilson from Hampshire

Submitted: 17/12/2014 14:37:05 | ID: 108040

Alex, Cornwall

I seem to have no power going to my headlight adjustment switch in the car. I've tried a new switch and checked the fuse but still not luck. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 14/12/2014 12:06:55 | ID: 107885

Lorna Martin, Wiltshire

can the headlights be adjusted to shine further in front, the adjustment inside the car is at maximum

Submitted: 13/12/2014 16:34:43 | ID: 107853

Jill, East Sussex

My rear passenger door panel has a screw loose and it's going backwards and forwards as I drive any ideas how to get into the panel.Ive tried a long magnet but with no luck of finding it drilled holes in a panel and put expanding foam inside but there are obviously more than two inner panel can anyone help

Submitted: 12/12/2014 19:30:09 | ID: 107787

Mmanoko, Somerset

I have changed all the four spark plugs today, however one of the top rubber to cover the plug is damaged now I feel that the car is cutting off and not picking up the speed, theres a sign of antipopulation, what does that mean? Is it safe to drive the vehicle? Please help

Try cleaning the sensors and putting redex in, mine did this and has been fine since sheena sedge from Kent

Submitted: 07/12/2014 21:32:13 | ID: 107539

jane kelly, Devon

the warning alerts keep coming on randomly and the seat belt one comes on and beeps continuously for no reason?

Submitted: 05/12/2014 20:06:26 | ID: 107438

colin clark, Lincolnshire

Hi my car failed its MOT on the headlights being positioned wrong. How do i adjust them I've been told its by screws but where are the screws positioned. If you could help it would be great. Thanks Colin.

Submitted: 04/12/2014 19:20:23 | ID: 107389