PEUGEOT 207 questions and answers

PEUGEOT 207

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 207 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 207. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 207 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Carole Fossett, Lincolnshire

When driving my Peugeot 207 a warning light came up electrical circuit fault and the battery light was showing. I stopped turned the engine off and on again and the light went out. I carried on then the light came back on followed by all the lights came on and the engine cut out. We were able to start it again and drove 100 yards when we lost the powersteering and the engine cut out again and then gad to push the car home. Today the car started but when looking in the engine the driving belt had snapped. The battery been on charge all day but still flat. Any ideas please

Submitted: 25/01/2015 23:17:09 | ID: 110295

Geraldine Ellis, Nottinghamshire

When I put my lights on it turns the radio display dark and impossible to see. Is there any way of making the display visible when lights are on? Is this a fault?

Submitted: 22/01/2015 10:00:34 | ID: 110083

Steve, Derbyshire

The dashboard display is telling me that my bulbs are faulty when they all work ok. Any ideas? Regards

Submitted: 18/01/2015 14:33:46 | ID: 109782

raymond bray, Bath and North East Somerset

How do I switch the air conditioning off on the air conditioning panel?

Submitted: 18/01/2015 13:48:09 | ID: 109780

Vanessa Littlefield, Hampshire

My interior rear view mirror is loose, it has a sensor attached, how do i tighten it back up

Submitted: 16/01/2015 20:14:05 | ID: 109691

raymond, County Londonderry

Heater is only blowing cold air. Coolant header tank loses antifreeze each time I top it up. A lot of steam coming from the exhaust and around the engine after driving about 5 miles. Have been told it may be the head gasket. Where are the bleed screws located on the coolant system as it may be air locked?

Submitted: 16/01/2015 13:04:17 | ID: 109663

Whiskey, Essex

Hello, could someone help me out with a problem I am experiencing with my new (second hand) Pug 207 HD1 1.6 3dr 56 plate please? First off, got the car home from sitting on the outdoor sales forecourt and everything was fine, about 5 hours later I went to start the car and even though it did start up on the second revolution the turning over to get it started was slow and sluggish ("yaw.... yaw"). When I got home I removed the battery and gave it an overnight charge and checked that the battery was fuly charged. A voltmeter shows me that the car out a voltage of 13 volts standing to max 14v on running at 50mph and after the battery went back in it started up ok. Three hours later and after a good run the same deal..... sluggish turn over to start (again x2 "yaw....yaw" slow turn overs to start the engine). Also the main problem for me is this, when the car`s ignition system decided to randomly turn over very slowly it knocks out the car`s computer memory, so the clock goes back to factory and date and presets and all the car radio settings, all gone! If this were a petrol car first I would have checked the battery, then on to the starter and finally the fuel pump. As this 207 is hdi with a common rail diesel engine I am a bit lost? Could the battery be knackered as I believe that the voltage should be above 13.3volts all of the time? I know it`s nothing to do with the glow plugs so that's ruled out, I have also heard that it could be a knackered old fuel pump or an air leak problem? I am doubtful that it`s an alternator issue as the car`s existing battery is not losing voltage, it`s just low (12v - 13v at best). The car itself shows signs that it`s been sitting for a long time in a damp wet Welsh valley due to the signs of moss and algae around the windows and seals and leaves inside the engine bay. There are also damp residue build ups around the engine block itself. I am having a clean up in the bay and now I have the car it`s dryer and there seems to be no serious issues with water or damp inside (especially near the ecu, obd socket or fuse boxes). There are signs that show that somebody has continuously jump started the car rather than just solve the problem as there are lots of scorched burn marks to the battery terminals and connectors! Some help please? Thank you. (Note: car runs perfectly, no signs of engine problems and this issue does not happen every time. I would say that the car drains the battery to the point of it taking up all the power for starting up and knocking out the computer and radio memory once out of every 5 car start ups, random and when car is started at all angles (parked)

Submitted: 15/01/2015 02:59:59 | ID: 109566

Andy, Warwickshire

I've had the car serviced but now it keeps jumping?

Submitted: 13/01/2015 10:49:45 | ID: 109448

Terry o`reilly, Brighton & Hove

Do I need two lambda sensors?

Submitted: 12/01/2015 22:18:35 | ID: 109437

Patrick, County Down

I got into car this morning and put the window wipers on to clear windscreen and the wipers and windscreen washers came on constant, having tried to turn off the stalk seems to have no resistance at each function. is this a common fault or an easy fix? thanks.

I have the same problem, rear wiper and front on intermittent OK. Put front wiper on continual and the rear wiper goes to continual. If you go on your screen menu to configurations there is an option on the wipers but I can`t figure it out? Ray from Leicestershire

Submitted: 10/01/2015 13:38:09 | ID: 109288

Pol, Midlothian

The lights at my heating ventilation dials is off. Before it ius just loosen that a simple tap on the dial turns on the light.Now its totally gone. However the aircon indicator light and rear demister light still on. Please help.

Submitted: 06/01/2015 23:04:44 | ID: 109064

John Evans, Shropshire

Randomly, when I switch the ignition on, typically first time, I get a message on the main screen that reads " Connection Fault". Car starts and runs OK and message disappears as soon as the engine starts. Is it something to do with bluetooth or the Satnav. No symbols appear anywhere. Any ideas????

Submitted: 25/12/2014 11:43:47 | ID: 108434

edward, Wiltshire

The temperature warning light is flashing. The temperature gauge is acting normally and the car is not doing anything strange. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 17/12/2014 18:17:01 | ID: 108053

Victoria Cheston, Surrey

I am trying to change the rear light on my Peugeot 207 SW and have read some advice on websites (the manual is next to useless) but nowhere does it say whether or not the actual red plastic bit on the outside of the car, actually comes off? It talks about unscrewing the bolt which I have done, but I can't shift the casing and can't move the connector thingy either. Help!

Had same problem with my daughters car. It took a lot of tugging to release it - it then flew off and I ended up dropping it, chipping the pointed end of the lens cover. The rubber grommets that locate a couple of location pins harden over time making difficult to release. I advise using a thin broad implement (dinner knife) slide between the lens and rear car body by tailgate (protect with masking tape) to lever it off to the rear, not sideways (there are guides that locate the long tapered section that runs down the side of the car -its more controlled than tucking. Smear pins with a little liquid soap to aid re-assembly. Should also be easier to remove lens next time a bulb needs replacing. RIchard Wilson from Hampshire

Submitted: 17/12/2014 14:37:05 | ID: 108040

Alex, Cornwall

I seem to have no power going to my headlight adjustment switch in the car. I've tried a new switch and checked the fuse but still not luck. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 14/12/2014 12:06:55 | ID: 107885

Lorna Martin, Wiltshire

can the headlights be adjusted to shine further in front, the adjustment inside the car is at maximum

Submitted: 13/12/2014 16:34:43 | ID: 107853

Jill, East Sussex

My rear passenger door panel has a screw loose and it's going backwards and forwards as I drive any ideas how to get into the panel.Ive tried a long magnet but with no luck of finding it drilled holes in a panel and put expanding foam inside but there are obviously more than two inner panel can anyone help

Submitted: 12/12/2014 19:30:09 | ID: 107787

Mmanoko, Somerset

I have changed all the four spark plugs today, however one of the top rubber to cover the plug is damaged now I feel that the car is cutting off and not picking up the speed, theres a sign of antipopulation, what does that mean? Is it safe to drive the vehicle? Please help

Try cleaning the sensors and putting redex in, mine did this and has been fine since sheena sedge from Kent

Submitted: 07/12/2014 21:32:13 | ID: 107539

jane kelly, Devon

the warning alerts keep coming on randomly and the seat belt one comes on and beeps continuously for no reason?

Submitted: 05/12/2014 20:06:26 | ID: 107438

colin clark, Lincolnshire

Hi my car failed its MOT on the headlights being positioned wrong. How do i adjust them I've been told its by screws but where are the screws positioned. If you could help it would be great. Thanks Colin.

Submitted: 04/12/2014 19:20:23 | ID: 107389

naama, Yorkshire

!. What causes the DEPOLUTION SYSTEM FAULT ?? 2. Why is my car very sluggish and slow on the slightest of incline ??

Mine did this as it had sat around a while. I put redex into the fuel tank, gave it a good drive and it`s been fine now. Also check the sensors, when they get dirty antipollen filter comes up sheena sedge from Kent

Depollution control means that the engine computer has had to make a control to the fuel injector system as the output gasses are wrong. Two main possibilities, spark plugs need changing as they are misfiring - when that happens the engine management system cuts the fuel to the injectors. Or, the injectors are blocked - in fuel additives MIGHT help hopefully as new injectors VERY Expensive.Royston Wareham from Kent

Submitted: 03/12/2014 13:01:16 | ID: 107314

Spiros, Cyprus

I change the batteries on the remote controls and steel the car dosent start.Maybe need to change tha car batterie also.I havent change it since i buy the car...

Submitted: 30/11/2014 19:30:44 | ID: 107155

kathryn, Australia

My remote hasn't been working for a while so use key to lock and unlock for 6 months. My side mirrors have locked so when I use my key to lock or unlock nothing happens? So dangerous when driving without side mirrors. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 30/11/2014 09:54:33 | ID: 107114

gordon barker, Lincolnshire

my cars engine management light come on wont go over 70mph what could the problem be

Submitted: 29/11/2014 12:40:56 | ID: 107077

Simon, Ireland

There is a Eml light on the dash and the car is tuning very low in power and and rough ??? My car is a petrol and 207 gt 1.6 turbo ???

Submitted: 27/11/2014 19:11:23 | ID: 107001

Alan, Hampshire

O/s brake light not working but bulb ok what could be The problem.

It's the earth I had to change mine as the bulbs kept blowing once I changed the earth that all went away or take it to a garge as there could be somthing on the memory of the car and it need to be cleared thanks Dene from Buckinghamshire

Submitted: 27/11/2014 17:41:37 | ID: 106998

Graham, Newport

get OIL -- message on diagnostic screen instead of OIL OK I normally get. Checked oil and level is fine and no oil warning lights or other diagnostic messages coming on. Any ideas ??

Submitted: 21/11/2014 12:32:12 | ID: 106595

mark turnbull, Northumberland

Hi, can I adjust my headlights myself? I feel they are a bit too low. Are there adjustment screws hidden around the lights somewhere?

Look in user manual, it is on the column. kathryn from Australia

Submitted: 19/11/2014 16:44:18 | ID: 106494

Tshepo, South Africa

Recently changed discs and brake pads at the same time put antifreez. Everything was fine but the following day the car wouldn't start, it's displaying safe mode. It's as if it'll start but wouldn't. Had battery chest and it's fine what could be the problem?

Submitted: 15/11/2014 06:02:26 | ID: 106237

Solanki, Leicestershire

I have this Peugeot 207 and on my display counter I see a display showing PLAP BATTERY which comes on as soon as I start my car but goes away within a couple of seconds. Please advise me what should I do?

Is it plip battery or plap? Plip battery is your key batteries are running low. Just replace these and it wont show up again. ian from Hull

Submitted: 09/11/2014 19:37:57 | ID: 105950

Tracey, Devon

Hi, my climate control is a digital display and the last numbers are now missing. Does anyone know how to get this rectified? Thanks

Submitted: 08/11/2014 19:25:14 | ID: 105900

annette, Monmouthshire

How do I remove the driver`s seat?

Submitted: 07/11/2014 14:59:25 | ID: 105837

Angela Rivers, Somerset

I dropped the key fob of my Peugeot 207 dismantling the key from the fob. I can get into my car and the key will go in ignition but the car will not start. Auto locking warning message appears on the dash board. Any ideas please.

Submitted: 04/11/2014 23:14:50 | ID: 105687

David Kerrick, Lancashire

Something is coming up on my menu display on my 207 cannot find out what it means. the only way I can describe it is like bollard off a zebra at the rear of the car on the screen then two arrows then two arrows at the front of the car. any ideas please

Submitted: 04/11/2014 18:40:34 | ID: 105673

tracey, South Yorkshire

I've just paid £200 for a service & was informed that the 'brake fluid boiling point/level water content is 2.5%' what does this mean - also, should they have changed the brake fluid as part of the service? Also I paid extra for the engine cleaning; they found a 'small oil leak, recommended cleaning off & monitoring,' my car now smells of burning oil which it didn't before I had the service, should they have found the leak whilst cleanng the engine & fixed it then? rather then it geting all clogged up again? Help!!!! thanks

Submitted: 04/11/2014 17:04:33 | ID: 105668

Robert King, North Yorkshire

When I've finished driving and removed the key the display for the milage counter is still lit up. Is this normal? I'd assume that since the key is removed there's no need for this to still be on. The display even turns off if the key is inserted but electronics not turned on. It'll then turn back on when the key is removed. I'm just a little concerned about drain on the battery. I've had a search about online and can't find anything.

Yes it is normal, it goes off after a short period after the key`s removed big g from North Lanarkshire

Submitted: 03/11/2014 16:25:31 | ID: 105611

rony, Bristol

My peugeot 207 is cutting out and flashing anti pollution fault? what does this mean? and it wont restart again

Clean sensors and fuel system sheena sedge from Kent

Submitted: 01/11/2014 19:01:04 | ID: 105473

David, Essex

Should my car have an audible warning if I leave the lights on. The dealer was not sure

Submitted: 31/10/2014 22:10:37 | ID: 105427

Atef, Lebanon

Suddenly I have a dash light on gearbox indicator, and the car wont crank. What is the problem?

Submitted: 27/10/2014 10:29:46 | ID: 105175

Clive Daunton, North Yorkshire

When the engine is just off cold (say half a mile) it will not speed up from idle if I stop. It just sits at tickover for about 20 to 45 seconds, sometimes with the fan going flat out. The car is an automatic, has done only 20000 miles and has been regularly serviced. On one occasion the Anti Pollution Fail warning came on for a short while?

Submitted: 26/10/2014 16:33:05 | ID: 105150