PEUGEOT 107 questions and answers

PEUGEOT 107

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 107 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 107. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 107 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Julie, Telford and Wrekin

I have just purchased a 107 and when I move off forward or reverse the horn beeps, just once , no warning lights are showing.

Submitted: 21/08/2015 07:02:53 | ID: 120109

Denis, Malta

I have a Peugeot 107. Whenever I brake hard the wheels seem to lock and the car skids on. I asked the agent in Malta and was told this was due to the ABS and you have to let go of the brake pedal and press the brake again for it to work well. I found this strange as in an emergencyoine does not have the time to do this. Could you please suggest what I should do. Thanks, Denis Micallef

Submitted: 06/08/2015 10:29:01 | ID: 119412

redmayne, Lancashire

why dose my car keep pipping intermitantly when going uphill and no warning lights come on

Submitted: 17/07/2015 20:48:15 | ID: 118575

matt krywko, Tyne and Wear

Both btake lights not working. Is it the fuse ? If so which fuse do I change? Cheers

Submitted: 25/06/2015 07:50:40 | ID: 117678

pam, Staffordshire

Red dattery light has come on what does it mean

Submitted: 19/06/2015 15:51:41 | ID: 117411

Kelly, Cheshire

The engine coolant light keeps coming on, it goes off after a minute or so. I have checked my engine coolant and its full, anybody know what could be happening? Thank you in advance.

Submitted: 19/06/2015 10:29:00 | ID: 117406

Jamie-Leigh collins, Antrim

Witch fuse do I change for ziggerate lighter? Mines isn't working at the minute. Kind regards.

Submitted: 10/06/2015 12:12:34 | ID: 117029

robertson, Cheshire

Have twice had to call out green flag unable to start engine brake pedal hard to push down lights on dashboard flashing. Car taken by green flag to garage. Last time yesterday could find nothing wrong.What do I do if it happens again. Help. Ken Robertson. Not able to get into gear

Submitted: 03/06/2015 19:06:02 | ID: 116772

gideon, South Africa

Hey, what can the problem be on a 107 if the flickers don`t work at all, also the hazard switch?

Submitted: 18/05/2015 11:15:13 | ID: 116179

gideon, South Africa

Submitted: 18/05/2015 11:15:08 | ID: 116178

Rona Bromwich, Essex

How much petrol or miles do I have left when the reserve tank beeps: motorway and urban driving please?

Submitted: 15/05/2015 19:08:27 | ID: 116067

Sarah Hursey, Hertfordshire

I have an 107 Urban Move reg BL08 HLW and when I start the car I have noticed that as well as the normal dashboard lights coming up and then disappearing the P/S light does the same. Does this mean there is a problem with the power steering?many thanks.

Submitted: 06/05/2015 08:50:06 | ID: 115626

charlotte meecham, Devon

Please help. My 107 seems to have broken today. When I pull away or I'm driving, my car will not go over 20/30 mph. If I put my foot on the accelerator the engine revs to its full potential, but the car just won't move! I have no problem using the clutch or changing gear etc, also the oil etc is fine! Any ideas?

Check ur clutch !!! Thats how mine went when my clutch went :( Danielle from West Midlands

Submitted: 22/04/2015 18:25:42 | ID: 115067

Tony Hercus, Highland

I've just put £10 of diesel fuel in the PETROL tank, how do I drain it, is there a plug in the tank or do I need to drain it via a fuel line? What are the consequences of this? I drove it for 1/2 mile before it pinked and I realised what I'd done!

Submitted: 19/04/2015 17:31:07 | ID: 114932

Geoff, Antrim

Hi folks can anyone tell me where the brakelight switch is on my 2009 107?

Submitted: 03/04/2015 21:26:23 | ID: 114291

Marilyn Knight, Newport

Where is the fuse box?

Submitted: 23/03/2015 09:51:39 | ID: 113688

Blair, North Ayrshire

I've had 3 short beeps from around the dashboard area, but no lights to suggest what the problem is. My petrol gauge is at 5 bars so it can't be fuel surely? It's an automatic I have and recently the car has been revving unusually high every time it changes gear. Could this be related and also is the revving a bad thing?

Submitted: 09/03/2015 21:05:14 | ID: 113067

Ann, Herefordshire

Hi My right headlamp light output is severely reduced. I assume the damage or corrosion in the wiring. On two occasions mechanics just replaced bulbs and said they can't fixed it because diagnostic can be very expensive. Peugeot branch asked for 260GBP for 2 hours diagnostics only. Please advise. Thank you.

Submitted: 04/03/2015 14:01:18 | ID: 112736

John, Aberdeenshire

I am about to disconnect the battery in order to change main light bulb,will I need a radio code when reconnected Cheers

Submitted: 25/02/2015 16:28:45 | ID: 112320

Cenarcy, Lancashire

How do I open the bonnet to check water and oil?

Submitted: 19/02/2015 15:56:32 | ID: 111893

Paul Danby, Lincolnshire

Where is the port for a diagnostic fault Finder

Submitted: 01/02/2015 13:04:36 | ID: 110667

Ange holder, Gloucestershire

Car starts and dies immediately there is plenty of fuel in it. It's an automatic

Submitted: 14/01/2015 17:48:46 | ID: 109537

Farideh azari, Herefordshire

Chenging the light in front suddenly all electicity off and now car dosent start

Submitted: 14/01/2015 14:35:54 | ID: 109524

sarah beer, West Midlands

I had half tank of petrol then it started bleeping so I refilled but it only let me put an extra £7 in, then it said I had a full tank and after 65 miles it`s bleeping saying no petrol again?

Submitted: 08/01/2015 15:47:58 | ID: 109171

vicki, Herefordshire

HI, I hope someone can help me. The horn on my 107 goes off when ever I turn the steering wheel or put the car into gear. Does anyone have any idea why this happens. Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Submitted: 09/12/2014 09:27:34 | ID: 107595

Kate Johnson, Warwickshire

Does a Peugeot 107 2011 have front fog lights? As now the weather is getting awful and need to make sure they are all working. Went to check my car today and my father in law didn't see where they could be. Hope someone can help. Many thanks.

Submitted: 27/11/2014 18:20:44 | ID: 106999

Becky, Vale of Glamorgan

When I turn on the ignition an alarm sounds and then stops once the car moves off, when I turn the engine off the alarm starts again and then goes off a short time after locking the car door. What is this alarm and is it a warning of some malfunction?

Submitted: 20/11/2014 17:57:06 | ID: 106556

yossef, Israel

While driving after 1 km malfunction lamp on the the instroment panel of esp and engine. and the engine of the car starts to shake and working on two cylinders on and off..

Submitted: 14/11/2014 17:08:56 | ID: 106212

James Storey, Northumberland

27 Fallow Park Avenue how do I put the clock back 1 hour in Peugeot 107

I had the same issue then I looked very carefully. On the right hand side of the radio you will see the word clock. Press this then the clock will start flashing. Just above the button that said clock you will see another set of markings. They are marked as M and H. While the clock is flashing press the H button to change the hours, to change the minutes press the M button. Note you sometimes have to go the full cycle of the clock as there is no + or -. Hope this helps. Martin Cherry from Greater London

Submitted: 31/10/2014 20:18:53 | ID: 105425

Katie, Cornwall

The car has developed an intermittent screech. At first both the Peugeot garage and the RAC man said it must have been a stone caught in the guard at the front wheel - car was serviced and nothing found. However, the screech seems to be getting worse - may be coincidence but when I do a right turn as well. The screech does seem to be coming from the front wheel drivers side but it's difficult to tell. I think now I should not drive the car as it feels as though I might be doing damage somewhere.

Submitted: 14/10/2014 10:42:10 | ID: 104587

meena, Middlesex

I have suddenly got this bleeping noise that comes randomly and it could b bleeping few minutes constant or few times whilst driving. .There is know dashboard lights that come on as warning lights..plus help

Yes, I have the same problem, did you find out what was wrong with the car? Balbir bali from Middlesex

Same problem, did you find the answer? Malcolm from Derbyshire

Submitted: 06/10/2014 17:25:45 | ID: 104156

June, Kent

I have a Peugeot 107 Automatic (teutronic gear system). I bought it from new (2006) and I often average less than 10 miles per week! I just tried to start it and all dials flash and the brake pedal becomes too stiff to press down. The engine doesn't turn over although everything seems to flash. I am not sure if the P/S light usually comes on. It has definitely come on this time. Help! June

Submitted: 20/09/2014 17:51:03 | ID: 103378

shane, Blackburn with Darwen

Can someone please tell me where the air mass sensor is located? Is it on the tube or in the actual air box? Please reply quick asap.

Submitted: 08/09/2014 12:35:53 | ID: 102790

pat, Kent

when I put my foot on the accelerator ,I feel like the car pulling back ,and losing speed ,is this normal for these cars

Submitted: 08/08/2014 10:20:23 | ID: 101122

Jean, Hertfordshire

Hi, I have the orange "needs attention" light come on and remain on. I suspect the gearbox oil needs replenishing but cant find the refill aperture, can you advise the location please or is this a garage job?

Submitted: 25/07/2014 14:06:40 | ID: 100338

P. Norgaard, Denmark

I need to hook into the brake light wire after the brake switch - up front. I can see the wires (bundelled in black tape) going to the switch from underneath, but very little space in a difficult position to tap into it - without major dismantling. According to my information, it`s wire 77 going into the instrument cluster and wire 105 coming out of it - it seems to be more accessible after all, behind the instrument cluster. But which one is it? In which of the many multiconnectors is it to be found? I see a bundle of wires in the gear shift cluster, continuing to the back end of the car - perhaps the brake light wire is one of them?

Submitted: 10/07/2014 21:46:01 | ID: 99408

Joy, Bristol

When I turn on the ignition the "stop" light flashes. Then when I turn the engine on it goes out. Is this normal or is there a problem?

Same things happen also to my car. Maybe any answer on this? Luka from Slovenia

Same things happen also to my car. Maybe any answer on this? Luka from Slovenia

Submitted: 09/07/2014 17:09:43 | ID: 99332

Sharon, Middlesex

Hi, my car was working fine, then the next morning it would not start, I then changed the battery and it made no difference, still wont start. HEEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!! Sharon.

Submitted: 25/06/2014 11:45:32 | ID: 98420

dean, Somerset

My petrol gauge was beeblng on low so I filled petrol tank up and gauge as gone and still saying low on fuel also beebing

Same thing is happening to me. I had a full tank and after 65 miles it`s bleeping on it`s last box sarah beer from West Midlands

Submitted: 11/06/2014 10:49:12 | ID: 97412

sylvia barton, North East Lincolnshire

Hi just been having a problem with my automatic Peugeot 107, the car starts and the engine tuns over fine but when I put the car in to drive gear there is no response,with that I turned the engine and tried to start the car again but the brake pedal was very hard and the car would not start at all. 24 hours later the car starts fine again this has now happened on three occasions,please help.

Submitted: 10/06/2014 17:47:33 | ID: 97364