PEUGEOT 107 questions and answers

PEUGEOT 107

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 107 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 107. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 107 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

vicki, Herefordshire

HI, I hope someone can help me. The horn on my 107 goes off when ever I turn the steering wheel or put the car into gear. Does anyone have any idea why this happens. Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Submitted: 09/12/2014 09:27:34 | ID: 107595

Kate Johnson, Warwickshire

Does a Peugeot 107 2011 have front fog lights? As now the weather is getting awful and need to make sure they are all working. Went to check my car today and my father in law didn't see where they could be. Hope someone can help. Many thanks.

Submitted: 27/11/2014 18:20:44 | ID: 106999

Becky, Vale of Glamorgan

When I turn on the ignition an alarm sounds and then stops once the car moves off, when I turn the engine off the alarm starts again and then goes off a short time after locking the car door. What is this alarm and is it a warning of some malfunction?

Submitted: 20/11/2014 17:57:06 | ID: 106556

yossef, Israel

While driving after 1 km malfunction lamp on the the instroment panel of esp and engine. and the engine of the car starts to shake and working on two cylinders on and off..

Submitted: 14/11/2014 17:08:56 | ID: 106212

James Storey, Northumberland

27 Fallow Park Avenue how do I put the clock back 1 hour in Peugeot 107

I had the same issue then I looked very carefully. On the right hand side of the radio you will see the word clock. Press this then the clock will start flashing. Just above the button that said clock you will see another set of markings. They are marked as M and H. While the clock is flashing press the H button to change the hours, to change the minutes press the M button. Note you sometimes have to go the full cycle of the clock as there is no + or -. Hope this helps. Martin Cherry from Greater London

Submitted: 31/10/2014 20:18:53 | ID: 105425

Katie, Cornwall

The car has developed an intermittent screech. At first both the Peugeot garage and the RAC man said it must have been a stone caught in the guard at the front wheel - car was serviced and nothing found. However, the screech seems to be getting worse - may be coincidence but when I do a right turn as well. The screech does seem to be coming from the front wheel drivers side but it's difficult to tell. I think now I should not drive the car as it feels as though I might be doing damage somewhere.

Submitted: 14/10/2014 10:42:10 | ID: 104587

meena, Middlesex

I have suddenly got this bleeping noise that comes randomly and it could b bleeping few minutes constant or few times whilst driving. .There is know dashboard lights that come on as warning lights..plus help

Yes, I have the same problem, did you find out what was wrong with the car? Balbir bali from Middlesex

Submitted: 06/10/2014 17:25:45 | ID: 104156

June, Kent

I have a Peugeot 107 Automatic (teutronic gear system). I bought it from new (2006) and I often average less than 10 miles per week! I just tried to start it and all dials flash and the brake pedal becomes too stiff to press down. The engine doesn't turn over although everything seems to flash. I am not sure if the P/S light usually comes on. It has definitely come on this time. Help! June

Submitted: 20/09/2014 17:51:03 | ID: 103378

shane, Blackburn with Darwen

Can someone please tell me where the air mass sensor is located? Is it on the tube or in the actual air box? Please reply quick asap.

Submitted: 08/09/2014 12:35:53 | ID: 102790

pat, Kent

when I put my foot on the accelerator ,I feel like the car pulling back ,and losing speed ,is this normal for these cars

Submitted: 08/08/2014 10:20:23 | ID: 101122

Jean, Hertfordshire

Hi, I have the orange "needs attention" light come on and remain on. I suspect the gearbox oil needs replenishing but cant find the refill aperture, can you advise the location please or is this a garage job?

Submitted: 25/07/2014 14:06:40 | ID: 100338

P. Norgaard, Denmark

I need to hook into the brake light wire after the brake switch - up front. I can see the wires (bundelled in black tape) going to the switch from underneath, but very little space in a difficult position to tap into it - without major dismantling. According to my information, it`s wire 77 going into the instrument cluster and wire 105 coming out of it - it seems to be more accessible after all, behind the instrument cluster. But which one is it? In which of the many multiconnectors is it to be found? I see a bundle of wires in the gear shift cluster, continuing to the back end of the car - perhaps the brake light wire is one of them?

Submitted: 10/07/2014 21:46:01 | ID: 99408

Joy, Bristol

When I turn on the ignition the "stop" light flashes. Then when I turn the engine on it goes out. Is this normal or is there a problem?

Submitted: 09/07/2014 17:09:43 | ID: 99332

Sharon, Middlesex

Hi, my car was working fine, then the next morning it would not start, I then changed the battery and it made no difference, still wont start. HEEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!! Sharon.

Submitted: 25/06/2014 11:45:32 | ID: 98420

dean, Somerset

My petrol gauge was beeblng on low so I filled petrol tank up and gauge as gone and still saying low on fuel also beebing

Submitted: 11/06/2014 10:49:12 | ID: 97412

sylvia barton, North East Lincolnshire

Hi just been having a problem with my automatic Peugeot 107, the car starts and the engine tuns over fine but when I put the car in to drive gear there is no response,with that I turned the engine and tried to start the car again but the brake pedal was very hard and the car would not start at all. 24 hours later the car starts fine again this has now happened on three occasions,please help.

Submitted: 10/06/2014 17:47:33 | ID: 97364

F Campbell, Antrim

The sender on the petrol tank has been upset showing full on the gauge as i had to drain tank as it was filled with diesel nothing was disconnected what might have happened

Submitted: 07/06/2014 16:57:13 | ID: 97139

Pippa Rhodes, Lancashire

The light shaped like a tap on my dashboard indicating 'malfunction with engine starting' came on a few weeks ago. I'm about to take a long drive down South and want to make sure I don;t brake down so far from home. My car seems to run fine but I have another problem with the display in that my petrol gage claims always to be full. I can work around the petrol gage but regarding the check engine light is there anything I can try myself before going to a dealer? Could it just be a problem with my display? Thanks.

Submitted: 04/06/2014 11:20:35 | ID: 96869

TL, Essex

My boyfriend has told me that you need to push your foot down on the clutch to make the car start. However I have had no problem starting it. Is he right?

You are right in that the car will start without putting your foot on the clutch - any regular manual car won't need the clutch to be pressed in order to start the engine. However, it is always recommended that you do hold down the clutch while turning the engine on because, on the off chance that the car is in gear without the brake on, holding down the clutch will stop the car from shooting forward (or backward!) before you are ready to drive. KL from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 25/05/2014 13:14:17 | ID: 96120

David, Lancashire

On start up heavy vibration from steering wheel & engine etc. feels like its being shaken by a giant. No warning lights , lasts 30-90 seconds.

Submitted: 24/05/2014 15:35:32 | ID: 96072

Pj Farrell, Ireland

My reverse light won't work it's not the bulb is there a fuse for it and where is it located . Everything else works fine. Thanking you in advance pj

Submitted: 11/05/2014 01:19:07 | ID: 95366

joe, Leicestershire

electric windows on car do not work, checked fused box fuse is ok what could the problem be

How did you check the fuses? If you didn't use a multimeter to probe the little metal ends on the fuses, with the fuse in the fuse box, and the key turned on..you may still have a dud fuse as breaks are very hard to see on occasion. This would be the most likely explanation if all the windows don't work. By the way, do you have a master override button which allows you to disable all the windows? You haven't accidentally activated this? Read your owner's manual if you have one..there may be another trick...but I can't help further. Good luck. John Smith from New Zealand

Submitted: 21/04/2014 12:56:43 | ID: 94502

Ernie, Greater London

Have no back lights or side lights no dash lights or number plate light

Submitted: 10/04/2014 20:25:46 | ID: 94085

Eskil Eriksen, Norway

Peugeot 107 2007

Hello. I recently noticed that the window behind the passenger’s seat on my Peugeot 107 came loose, like literally you could take it apart. Any suggestions on how I can get it back on? Double sided tape or something?

Submitted: 08/04/2014 16:14:15 | ID: 93982

Roger, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 107 2008

Please can you tell me how to correct the time on the radio clock of my Peugeot 107 as it is still showing GMT? Thanks.

I had the same issue then I looked very carefully. On the right hand side of the radio you will see the word clock. Press this then the clock will start flashing. Just above the button that said clock you will see another set of markings. They are marked as M and H. While the clock is flashing press the H button to change the hours, to change the minutes press the M button. Note you sometimes have to go the full cycle of the clock as there is no + or -. Martin Cherry from Greater London

Submitted: 08/04/2014 08:43:42 | ID: 93935

Paul, England

Peugeot 107 2012

Hi, could anyone tell me how to change/replace the front fog lamp bulbs on my Peugeot 107 (2013) please?

Submitted: 01/04/2014 10:39:12 | ID: 93709

Garry B, England

Peugeot 107 2009

The driver side electric window fails to function, the passenger side however is OK. Q: Where is the fuse box and which fuse is it, please?

Submitted: 26/03/2014 10:52:32 | ID: 93600

Denise Povey, England

Peugeot 107 2012

My Peugeot 107`s clock keeps returning to zero. The ignition lights come on as though I have stalled the engine but the engine`s still running. When I do switch it off the key fob will not work the central locking or be accepted to restart the engine. Dealer can find no fault. Any ideas please? (allure)

Submitted: 06/03/2014 08:57:16 | ID: 61447

Wendy Lavin, England

Peugeot 107 2008

My Peugeot 107`s passenger window has stopped working. I have changed the fuse but that hasn’t made any difference. Does anyone know what else I can do please?

Submitted: 03/02/2014 16:09:01 | ID: 61668

David San, England

Peugeot 107 2005

Why, while I am driving my Peugeot 107 urban semi-automatic, does it jump gear and go from driving to neutral and then stop? (semi-auto)

Submitted: 30/01/2014 12:16:34 | ID: 61492

Zaaheera Zul, England

Peugeot 107 2011

Hi. My Peugeot 107 makes bleeping sounds when I accelerate and I could smell a very extreme nasty smoke smell a few days ago. Is there any explanation regarding that?

That's a clutch fault! I had the same with mine 6 years ago & had it repaired for it only to wrong again now! It cost about £800 to repair privately at Peugeot theft wanted £3,000. Lee from Brighton & Hove

Submitted: 16/01/2014 15:25:29 | ID: 60787

Han Asha, Singapore

Peugeot 107 2007

I just bought a pre-owned 2 tronic Peugeot 107. My problem is it rolls back slightly, even when I am moving off from the slightest slope. It makes me panic and now I am scared of driving it in case I encounter a steep slope and it rolls backward and hits the car behind me. Does anyone have a similar problem and do you know what causes this?

Hello, You have probably solved your problem by now, but yes the 107does roll. I never thought I would manage hills when I have to stop and start. I would really panic. My husband took me out for a few 'lessons' and it doesn't take long to get the hang of the brake/accelerate and 'biting' point. I still prefer my old automatic though, it did the thinking for me! Joking apart, it is only legal for me to drive an automatic, but this is more like a geared car, and would not have chosen it had I realised. June from Kent

Submitted: 13/01/2014 11:47:26 | ID: 60654

Rich Smart, England

Peugeot 107 2008

Hi, how can I open my Peugeot 107s petrol tank? It is stuck and will not open?

When petrol caps jam the last resort is force it with eagle beaks or other large pliers. - Martin (Master technician 20+ years) Anonymous from

Submitted: 10/01/2014 12:45:07 | ID: 65833

Wendy Shipman, Gloucestershire

Peugeot 107 2008

I have water in the back passenger footwells of my Peugeot 107 whenever it rains. How can I fix this? How much would a garage charge to repair it? My local main dealer want £54 for a diagnostic test only and then I wonder how much it could be? (urban move)

I’ve just had mine done repair was £130 plus the £54. Would not cover under warranty Lorraine Williams from England

Submitted: 03/01/2014 11:31:41 | ID: 60182

Pat, Dorset

Peugeot 107 2008

My Peugeot 107 has started making a rattling noise from the front. I noticed this at low speed before parking or setting off. Then second gear was not as smooth as usual. I`ve just arrived home and the noise became louder and now I can’t get it to reverse at all - why?

Did you find out exactly what the problem was yet? Similar problem with my own 107 Superraffo2@gmail.com. Karl Flynn from Cardiff

I have a similar problem with my 107 (06)plate it's just started rumbling in the last few days. Hope it's nothing too expensive. Amy from Portsmouth

Submitted: 09/12/2013 16:23:07 | ID: 58973

Wendy Shipman, Gloucestershire

Peugeot 107 2008

I have water leaking into the back footwell of my Peugeot 107. Where is this likely to be coming from and how can I repair it? (Urban Move)

Mine was coming from the rear brake light on the back window. All my boot and foot wells were flooded Lorraine Williams from England

Submitted: 05/12/2013 16:03:23 | ID: 57901

Gary Burrows, London

Peugeot 107 2006

My Peugeot 107`s oil light and brake light come on and start flashing after the car has been driven for a while? I have checked the oil level which seems to be okay. What`s causing this please? (semi-auto)

Submitted: 15/11/2013 16:15:05 | ID: 57955

Ian Cartwright, France

Peugeot 107 2008

Sometimes for no apparent reason the yellow warning light comes on and my Peugeot 107 loses power - it won’t do more than 2,000 rpm. My garage said it was an injector problem and changed one injector, but the problem still happens. Sometimes turning the engine off and restarting means the engine will go okay (although a bit down on power) but the yellow light stays on. The car is 2008 diesel. Has anyone got any ideas? (Diesel)

Submitted: 07/11/2013 11:23:58 | ID: 57482

Anna Brock, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 107 2007

I bought my Peugeot 107 from John Harrison Lowdham in July and paid hundreds of pounds for extra warranty. First my brakes stuck on, which they were supposed to have done before they sold it to me and I was told the warranty does not cover that. I got the RAC out who told me the wheel nuts had never been off. When I told the garage I was told the damp had made the brake drums stick. Now I have a lunging and it feels like it’s going to stop, even just driving at 50 mph on the straight. I don’t have faith in the garage. What can it be, any ideas please?

Submitted: 04/11/2013 09:41:51 | ID: 57235

Jean Bishop, England

Peugeot 107 2007

My 07 Peugeot 107’s ps light comes on and the steering wheel will not turn, it is very stiff. What do I do?

Email me if you still have a problem as too hard to explain smarty.carter@googlemail.com. Martin Carter from England

Submitted: 25/10/2013 15:26:42 | ID: 56673