PEUGEOT 107 questions and answers

PEUGEOT 107

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 107 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 107. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 107 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

charlotte meecham, Devon

Please help. My 107 seems to have broken today. When I pull away or I'm driving, my car will not go over 20/30 mph. If I put my foot on the accelerator the engine revs to its full potential, but the car just won't move! I have no problem using the clutch or changing gear etc, also the oil etc is fine! Any ideas?

Submitted: 22/04/2015 18:25:42 | ID: 115067

Tony Hercus, Highland

I've just put £10 of diesel fuel in the PETROL tank, how do I drain it, is there a plug in the tank or do I need to drain it via a fuel line? What are the consequences of this? I drove it for 1/2 mile before it pinked and I realised what I'd done!

Submitted: 19/04/2015 17:31:07 | ID: 114932

Geoff, Antrim

Hi folks can anyone tell me where the brakelight switch is on my 2009 107?

Submitted: 03/04/2015 21:26:23 | ID: 114291

Marilyn Knight, Newport

Where is the fuse box?

Submitted: 23/03/2015 09:51:39 | ID: 113688

Blair, North Ayrshire

I've had 3 short beeps from around the dashboard area, but no lights to suggest what the problem is. My petrol gauge is at 5 bars so it can't be fuel surely? It's an automatic I have and recently the car has been revving unusually high every time it changes gear. Could this be related and also is the revving a bad thing?

Submitted: 09/03/2015 21:05:14 | ID: 113067

Ann, Herefordshire

Hi My right headlamp light output is severely reduced. I assume the damage or corrosion in the wiring. On two occasions mechanics just replaced bulbs and said they can't fixed it because diagnostic can be very expensive. Peugeot branch asked for 260GBP for 2 hours diagnostics only. Please advise. Thank you.

Submitted: 04/03/2015 14:01:18 | ID: 112736

John, Aberdeenshire

I am about to disconnect the battery in order to change main light bulb,will I need a radio code when reconnected Cheers

Submitted: 25/02/2015 16:28:45 | ID: 112320

Cenarcy, Lancashire

How do I open the bonnet to check water and oil?

Submitted: 19/02/2015 15:56:32 | ID: 111893

Paul Danby, Lincolnshire

Where is the port for a diagnostic fault Finder

Submitted: 01/02/2015 13:04:36 | ID: 110667

Ange holder, Gloucestershire

Car starts and dies immediately there is plenty of fuel in it. It's an automatic

Submitted: 14/01/2015 17:48:46 | ID: 109537

Farideh azari, Herefordshire

Chenging the light in front suddenly all electicity off and now car dosent start

Submitted: 14/01/2015 14:35:54 | ID: 109524

sarah beer, West Midlands

I had half tank of petrol then it started bleeping so I refilled but it only let me put an extra £7 in, then it said I had a full tank and after 65 miles it`s bleeping saying no petrol again?

Submitted: 08/01/2015 15:47:58 | ID: 109171

vicki, Herefordshire

HI, I hope someone can help me. The horn on my 107 goes off when ever I turn the steering wheel or put the car into gear. Does anyone have any idea why this happens. Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Submitted: 09/12/2014 09:27:34 | ID: 107595

Kate Johnson, Warwickshire

Does a Peugeot 107 2011 have front fog lights? As now the weather is getting awful and need to make sure they are all working. Went to check my car today and my father in law didn't see where they could be. Hope someone can help. Many thanks.

Submitted: 27/11/2014 18:20:44 | ID: 106999

Becky, Vale of Glamorgan

When I turn on the ignition an alarm sounds and then stops once the car moves off, when I turn the engine off the alarm starts again and then goes off a short time after locking the car door. What is this alarm and is it a warning of some malfunction?

Submitted: 20/11/2014 17:57:06 | ID: 106556

yossef, Israel

While driving after 1 km malfunction lamp on the the instroment panel of esp and engine. and the engine of the car starts to shake and working on two cylinders on and off..

Submitted: 14/11/2014 17:08:56 | ID: 106212

James Storey, Northumberland

27 Fallow Park Avenue how do I put the clock back 1 hour in Peugeot 107

I had the same issue then I looked very carefully. On the right hand side of the radio you will see the word clock. Press this then the clock will start flashing. Just above the button that said clock you will see another set of markings. They are marked as M and H. While the clock is flashing press the H button to change the hours, to change the minutes press the M button. Note you sometimes have to go the full cycle of the clock as there is no + or -. Hope this helps. Martin Cherry from Greater London

Submitted: 31/10/2014 20:18:53 | ID: 105425

Katie, Cornwall

The car has developed an intermittent screech. At first both the Peugeot garage and the RAC man said it must have been a stone caught in the guard at the front wheel - car was serviced and nothing found. However, the screech seems to be getting worse - may be coincidence but when I do a right turn as well. The screech does seem to be coming from the front wheel drivers side but it's difficult to tell. I think now I should not drive the car as it feels as though I might be doing damage somewhere.

Submitted: 14/10/2014 10:42:10 | ID: 104587

meena, Middlesex

I have suddenly got this bleeping noise that comes randomly and it could b bleeping few minutes constant or few times whilst driving. .There is know dashboard lights that come on as warning lights..plus help

Yes, I have the same problem, did you find out what was wrong with the car? Balbir bali from Middlesex

Same problem, did you find the answer? Malcolm from Derbyshire

Submitted: 06/10/2014 17:25:45 | ID: 104156

June, Kent

I have a Peugeot 107 Automatic (teutronic gear system). I bought it from new (2006) and I often average less than 10 miles per week! I just tried to start it and all dials flash and the brake pedal becomes too stiff to press down. The engine doesn't turn over although everything seems to flash. I am not sure if the P/S light usually comes on. It has definitely come on this time. Help! June

Submitted: 20/09/2014 17:51:03 | ID: 103378

shane, Blackburn with Darwen

Can someone please tell me where the air mass sensor is located? Is it on the tube or in the actual air box? Please reply quick asap.

Submitted: 08/09/2014 12:35:53 | ID: 102790

pat, Kent

when I put my foot on the accelerator ,I feel like the car pulling back ,and losing speed ,is this normal for these cars

Submitted: 08/08/2014 10:20:23 | ID: 101122

Jean, Hertfordshire

Hi, I have the orange "needs attention" light come on and remain on. I suspect the gearbox oil needs replenishing but cant find the refill aperture, can you advise the location please or is this a garage job?

Submitted: 25/07/2014 14:06:40 | ID: 100338

P. Norgaard, Denmark

I need to hook into the brake light wire after the brake switch - up front. I can see the wires (bundelled in black tape) going to the switch from underneath, but very little space in a difficult position to tap into it - without major dismantling. According to my information, it`s wire 77 going into the instrument cluster and wire 105 coming out of it - it seems to be more accessible after all, behind the instrument cluster. But which one is it? In which of the many multiconnectors is it to be found? I see a bundle of wires in the gear shift cluster, continuing to the back end of the car - perhaps the brake light wire is one of them?

Submitted: 10/07/2014 21:46:01 | ID: 99408

Joy, Bristol

When I turn on the ignition the "stop" light flashes. Then when I turn the engine on it goes out. Is this normal or is there a problem?

Same things happen also to my car. Maybe any answer on this? Luka from Slovenia

Same things happen also to my car. Maybe any answer on this? Luka from Slovenia

Submitted: 09/07/2014 17:09:43 | ID: 99332

Sharon, Middlesex

Hi, my car was working fine, then the next morning it would not start, I then changed the battery and it made no difference, still wont start. HEEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!! Sharon.

Submitted: 25/06/2014 11:45:32 | ID: 98420

dean, Somerset

My petrol gauge was beeblng on low so I filled petrol tank up and gauge as gone and still saying low on fuel also beebing

Same thing is happening to me. I had a full tank and after 65 miles it`s bleeping on it`s last box sarah beer from West Midlands

Submitted: 11/06/2014 10:49:12 | ID: 97412

sylvia barton, North East Lincolnshire

Hi just been having a problem with my automatic Peugeot 107, the car starts and the engine tuns over fine but when I put the car in to drive gear there is no response,with that I turned the engine and tried to start the car again but the brake pedal was very hard and the car would not start at all. 24 hours later the car starts fine again this has now happened on three occasions,please help.

Submitted: 10/06/2014 17:47:33 | ID: 97364

F Campbell, Antrim

The sender on the petrol tank has been upset showing full on the gauge as i had to drain tank as it was filled with diesel nothing was disconnected what might have happened

Submitted: 07/06/2014 16:57:13 | ID: 97139

Pippa Rhodes, Lancashire

The light shaped like a tap on my dashboard indicating 'malfunction with engine starting' came on a few weeks ago. I'm about to take a long drive down South and want to make sure I don;t brake down so far from home. My car seems to run fine but I have another problem with the display in that my petrol gage claims always to be full. I can work around the petrol gage but regarding the check engine light is there anything I can try myself before going to a dealer? Could it just be a problem with my display? Thanks.

Submitted: 04/06/2014 11:20:35 | ID: 96869

TL, Essex

My boyfriend has told me that you need to push your foot down on the clutch to make the car start. However I have had no problem starting it. Is he right?

You are right in that the car will start without putting your foot on the clutch - any regular manual car won't need the clutch to be pressed in order to start the engine. However, it is always recommended that you do hold down the clutch while turning the engine on because, on the off chance that the car is in gear without the brake on, holding down the clutch will stop the car from shooting forward (or backward!) before you are ready to drive. KL from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 25/05/2014 13:14:17 | ID: 96120

David, Lancashire

On start up heavy vibration from steering wheel & engine etc. feels like its being shaken by a giant. No warning lights , lasts 30-90 seconds.

Submitted: 24/05/2014 15:35:32 | ID: 96072

Pj Farrell, Ireland

My reverse light won't work it's not the bulb is there a fuse for it and where is it located . Everything else works fine. Thanking you in advance pj

Submitted: 11/05/2014 01:19:07 | ID: 95366

joe, Leicestershire

electric windows on car do not work, checked fused box fuse is ok what could the problem be

How did you check the fuses? If you didn't use a multimeter to probe the little metal ends on the fuses, with the fuse in the fuse box, and the key turned on..you may still have a dud fuse as breaks are very hard to see on occasion. This would be the most likely explanation if all the windows don't work. By the way, do you have a master override button which allows you to disable all the windows? You haven't accidentally activated this? Read your owner's manual if you have one..there may be another trick...but I can't help further. Good luck. John Smith from New Zealand

Submitted: 21/04/2014 12:56:43 | ID: 94502

Ernie, Greater London

Have no back lights or side lights no dash lights or number plate light

Submitted: 10/04/2014 20:25:46 | ID: 94085

Eskil Eriksen, Norway

Peugeot 107 2007

Hello. I recently noticed that the window behind the passenger’s seat on my Peugeot 107 came loose, like literally you could take it apart. Any suggestions on how I can get it back on? Double sided tape or something?

Submitted: 08/04/2014 16:14:15 | ID: 93982

Roger, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 107 2008

Please can you tell me how to correct the time on the radio clock of my Peugeot 107 as it is still showing GMT? Thanks.

I had the same issue then I looked very carefully. On the right hand side of the radio you will see the word clock. Press this then the clock will start flashing. Just above the button that said clock you will see another set of markings. They are marked as M and H. While the clock is flashing press the H button to change the hours, to change the minutes press the M button. Note you sometimes have to go the full cycle of the clock as there is no + or -. Martin Cherry from Greater London

Submitted: 08/04/2014 08:43:42 | ID: 93935

Paul, England

Peugeot 107 2012

Hi, could anyone tell me how to change/replace the front fog lamp bulbs on my Peugeot 107 (2013) please?

Submitted: 01/04/2014 10:39:12 | ID: 93709

Garry B, England

Peugeot 107 2009

The driver side electric window fails to function, the passenger side however is OK. Q: Where is the fuse box and which fuse is it, please?

Submitted: 26/03/2014 10:52:32 | ID: 93600

Denise Povey, England

Peugeot 107 2012

My Peugeot 107`s clock keeps returning to zero. The ignition lights come on as though I have stalled the engine but the engine`s still running. When I do switch it off the key fob will not work the central locking or be accepted to restart the engine. Dealer can find no fault. Any ideas please? (allure)

Submitted: 06/03/2014 08:57:16 | ID: 61447