PEUGEOT 107 questions and answers

PEUGEOT 107

Ask and answer questions on a variety of PEUGEOT 107 models. Help and advice on everything PEUGEOT 107. Feel free to ask and answer as many PEUGEOT-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest PEUGEOT 107 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Jean, Hertfordshire

Hi, I have the orange "needs attention" light come on and remain on. I suspect the gearbox oil needs replenishing but cant find the refill aperture, can you advise the location please or is this a garage job?

Submitted: 25/07/2014 14:06:40 | ID: 100338

P. Norgaard, Denmark

I need to hook into the brake light wire after the brake switch - up front. I can see the wires (bundelled in black tape) going to the switch from underneath, but very little space in a difficult position to tap into it - without major dismantling. According to my information, it`s wire 77 going into the instrument cluster and wire 105 coming out of it - it seems to be more accessible after all, behind the instrument cluster. But which one is it? In which of the many multiconnectors is it to be found? I see a bundle of wires in the gear shift cluster, continuing to the back end of the car - perhaps the brake light wire is one of them?

Submitted: 10/07/2014 21:46:01 | ID: 99408

Joy, Bristol

When I turn on the ignition the "stop" light flashes. Then when I turn the engine on it goes out. Is this normal or is there a problem?

Submitted: 09/07/2014 17:09:43 | ID: 99332

Sharon, Middlesex

Hi, my car was working fine, then the next morning it would not start, I then changed the battery and it made no difference, still wont start. HEEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!! Sharon.

Submitted: 25/06/2014 11:45:32 | ID: 98420

dean, Somerset

My petrol gauge was beeblng on low so I filled petrol tank up and gauge as gone and still saying low on fuel also beebing

Submitted: 11/06/2014 10:49:12 | ID: 97412

sylvia barton, North East Lincolnshire

Hi just been having a problem with my automatic Peugeot 107, the car starts and the engine tuns over fine but when I put the car in to drive gear there is no response,with that I turned the engine and tried to start the car again but the brake pedal was very hard and the car would not start at all. 24 hours later the car starts fine again this has now happened on three occasions,please help.

Submitted: 10/06/2014 17:47:33 | ID: 97364

F Campbell, Antrim

The sender on the petrol tank has been upset showing full on the gauge as i had to drain tank as it was filled with diesel nothing was disconnected what might have happened

Submitted: 07/06/2014 16:57:13 | ID: 97139

Pippa Rhodes, Lancashire

The light shaped like a tap on my dashboard indicating 'malfunction with engine starting' came on a few weeks ago. I'm about to take a long drive down South and want to make sure I don;t brake down so far from home. My car seems to run fine but I have another problem with the display in that my petrol gage claims always to be full. I can work around the petrol gage but regarding the check engine light is there anything I can try myself before going to a dealer? Could it just be a problem with my display? Thanks.

Submitted: 04/06/2014 11:20:35 | ID: 96869

TL, Essex

My boyfriend has told me that you need to push your foot down on the clutch to make the car start. However I have had no problem starting it. Is he right?

Submitted: 25/05/2014 13:14:17 | ID: 96120

David, Lancashire

On start up heavy vibration from steering wheel & engine etc. feels like its being shaken by a giant. No warning lights , lasts 30-90 seconds.

Submitted: 24/05/2014 15:35:32 | ID: 96072

Pj Farrell, Ireland

My reverse light won't work it's not the bulb is there a fuse for it and where is it located . Everything else works fine. Thanking you in advance pj

Submitted: 11/05/2014 01:19:07 | ID: 95366

joe, Leicestershire

electric windows on car do not work, checked fused box fuse is ok what could the problem be

How did you check the fuses? If you didn't use a multimeter to probe the little metal ends on the fuses, with the fuse in the fuse box, and the key turned on..you may still have a dud fuse as breaks are very hard to see on occasion. This would be the most likely explanation if all the windows don't work. By the way, do you have a master override button which allows you to disable all the windows? You haven't accidentally activated this? Read your owner's manual if you have one..there may be another trick...but I can't help further. Good luck. John Smith from New Zealand

Submitted: 21/04/2014 12:56:43 | ID: 94502

Ernie, Greater London

Have no back lights or side lights no dash lights or number plate light

Submitted: 10/04/2014 20:25:46 | ID: 94085

Eskil Eriksen, Norway

Peugeot 107 2007

Hello. I recently noticed that the window behind the passenger’s seat on my Peugeot 107 came loose, like literally you could take it apart. Any suggestions on how I can get it back on? Double sided tape or something?

Submitted: 08/04/2014 16:14:15 | ID: 93982

Roger, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 107 2008

Please can you tell me how to correct the time on the radio clock of my Peugeot 107 as it is still showing GMT? Thanks.

Submitted: 08/04/2014 08:43:42 | ID: 93935

Paul, England

Peugeot 107 2012

Hi, could anyone tell me how to change/replace the front fog lamp bulbs on my Peugeot 107 (2013) please?

Submitted: 01/04/2014 10:39:12 | ID: 93709

Garry B, England

Peugeot 107 2009

The driver side electric window fails to function, the passenger side however is OK. Q: Where is the fuse box and which fuse is it, please?

Submitted: 26/03/2014 10:52:32 | ID: 93600

Denise Povey, England

Peugeot 107 2012

My Peugeot 107`s clock keeps returning to zero. The ignition lights come on as though I have stalled the engine but the engine`s still running. When I do switch it off the key fob will not work the central locking or be accepted to restart the engine. Dealer can find no fault. Any ideas please? (allure)

Submitted: 06/03/2014 08:57:16 | ID: 61447

Wendy Lavin, England

Peugeot 107 2008

My Peugeot 107`s passenger window has stopped working. I have changed the fuse but that hasn’t made any difference. Does anyone know what else I can do please?

Submitted: 03/02/2014 16:09:01 | ID: 61668

David San, England

Peugeot 107 2005

Why, while I am driving my Peugeot 107 urban semi-automatic, does it jump gear and go from driving to neutral and then stop? (semi-auto)

Submitted: 30/01/2014 12:16:34 | ID: 61492

Zaaheera Zul, England

Peugeot 107 2011

Hi. My Peugeot 107 makes bleeping sounds when I accelerate and I could smell a very extreme nasty smoke smell a few days ago. Is there any explanation regarding that?

Submitted: 16/01/2014 15:25:29 | ID: 60787

Han Asha, Singapore

Peugeot 107 2007

I just bought a pre-owned 2 tronic Peugeot 107. My problem is it rolls back slightly, even when I am moving off from the slightest slope. It makes me panic and now I am scared of driving it in case I encounter a steep slope and it rolls backward and hits the car behind me. Does anyone have a similar problem and do you know what causes this?

Submitted: 13/01/2014 11:47:26 | ID: 60654

Rich Smart, England

Peugeot 107 2008

Hi, how can I open my Peugeot 107s petrol tank? It is stuck and will not open?

When petrol caps jam the last resort is force it with eagle beaks or other large pliers. - Martin (Master technician 20+ years) Anonymous from

Submitted: 10/01/2014 12:45:07 | ID: 65833

Wendy Shipman, Gloucestershire

Peugeot 107 2008

I have water in the back passenger footwells of my Peugeot 107 whenever it rains. How can I fix this? How much would a garage charge to repair it? My local main dealer want £54 for a diagnostic test only and then I wonder how much it could be? (urban move)

I’ve just had mine done repair was £130 plus the £54. Would not cover under warranty Lorraine Williams from England

Submitted: 03/01/2014 11:31:41 | ID: 60182

Pat, Dorset

Peugeot 107 2008

My Peugeot 107 has started making a rattling noise from the front. I noticed this at low speed before parking or setting off. Then second gear was not as smooth as usual. I`ve just arrived home and the noise became louder and now I can’t get it to reverse at all - why?

Did you find out exactly what the problem was yet? Similar problem with my own 107 Superraffo2@gmail.com. Karl Flynn from Cardiff

Submitted: 09/12/2013 16:23:07 | ID: 58973

Wendy Shipman, Gloucestershire

Peugeot 107 2008

I have water leaking into the back footwell of my Peugeot 107. Where is this likely to be coming from and how can I repair it? (Urban Move)

Mine was coming from the rear brake light on the back window. All my boot and foot wells were flooded Lorraine Williams from England

Submitted: 05/12/2013 16:03:23 | ID: 57901

Gary Burrows, London

Peugeot 107 2006

My Peugeot 107`s oil light and brake light come on and start flashing after the car has been driven for a while? I have checked the oil level which seems to be okay. What`s causing this please? (semi-auto)

Submitted: 15/11/2013 16:15:05 | ID: 57955

Ian Cartwright, France

Peugeot 107 2008

Sometimes for no apparent reason the yellow warning light comes on and my Peugeot 107 loses power - it won’t do more than 2,000 rpm. My garage said it was an injector problem and changed one injector, but the problem still happens. Sometimes turning the engine off and restarting means the engine will go okay (although a bit down on power) but the yellow light stays on. The car is 2008 diesel. Has anyone got any ideas? (Diesel)

Submitted: 07/11/2013 11:23:58 | ID: 57482

Anna Brock, Nottinghamshire

Peugeot 107 2007

I bought my Peugeot 107 from John Harrison Lowdham in July and paid hundreds of pounds for extra warranty. First my brakes stuck on, which they were supposed to have done before they sold it to me and I was told the warranty does not cover that. I got the RAC out who told me the wheel nuts had never been off. When I told the garage I was told the damp had made the brake drums stick. Now I have a lunging and it feels like it’s going to stop, even just driving at 50 mph on the straight. I don’t have faith in the garage. What can it be, any ideas please?

Submitted: 04/11/2013 09:41:51 | ID: 57235

Jean Bishop, England

Peugeot 107 2007

My 07 Peugeot 107’s ps light comes on and the steering wheel will not turn, it is very stiff. What do I do?

Email me if you still have a problem as too hard to explain smarty.carter@googlemail.com. Martin Carter from England

Submitted: 25/10/2013 15:26:42 | ID: 56673

Caroline Dunn, Shropshire

Peugeot 107 2005

I have a Peugeot 107 with an intermittent fault - the PS light comes on on the dash and the steering goes heavy. The PS pump was replaced with a second hand unit which solved the problem for a few weeks. The light has now started to come back on intermittently. I suspect that the ECU is causing the problem. Has anyone replaced an ECU without involving a garage/mechanic? I know where the ECU is located just not sure on how to fix it?

Submitted: 22/10/2013 11:20:43 | ID: 56558

John Cook, Perthshire

Peugeot 107 2006

I’ve just fitted a new ECU to my Peugeot 107 and now it’ll only run for about 2 seconds then dies. Is there anything I can do to remedy this without having to go to my dealer? (urban)

Submitted: 21/10/2013 10:15:14 | ID: 56328

Amanda Way, England

Peugeot 107 2009

The water under the radiator cap keeps draining away and is low. I have just had a new radiator fitted and when I top it up it is rusty in colour and not pink. The coolant indicator is showing that the coolant is ok and the colour is pink. I have also has a new water pump as well but am wondering is this normal for the water level under the radiator cap to still be low?

Submitted: 17/09/2013 09:21:48 | ID: 54450

Caroline Richardson, Lincolnshire

Peugeot 107 2005

My horn isn’t working on my Peugeot 107. How do I check the fuse or is there any other reason why it might not be working? Also what is the standard wheel size for a Peugeot 107? Thanks.

Submitted: 06/08/2013 14:20:45 | ID: 53350

Leanne Thompson, Surrey

Peugeot 107 2006

I have recently purchased an 06 Peugeot 107 and the radio and 12v socket have stopped working. I am guessing it’s the fuse but I am unable to find the fuse box on the inside of the car. I have found one under the bonnet but those are all fine and I saw some posts saying there was one inside on the steering wheel, but I have so far been unable to find one at all. Could anyone help please, maybe with a picture? (lite)

There is one located once you take off all of the panels surrounding the steering wheel, I believe it is a blue one. It should be easy-ish to tell which one. Anonymous from Middlesex

Submitted: 19/07/2013 12:06:35 | ID: 66119

Jane, England

Peugeot 107 2010

Hi, I’ve just bought a second hand 2010 Peugeot 107 from a Ford dealer just outside Birmingham. I’ve just checked in the boot and it does not have a spare wheel, Jack or wheel brace. Should the car come with these items as standard or were they an extra?

It’s in the trunk, take the cover off and you will see it. Chris from Oxfordshire

Submitted: 27/06/2013 10:14:52 | ID: 63253

Merrilynn Shawe, England

Peugeot 107 2006

I can’t get into first gear with my Peugeot 107 and always have to pull away in second. Also the car has lost power overnight, it starts okay but I can’t get it up the slope outside my house. Can anyone help me with these problems please? Thanks.

Submitted: 04/04/2013 11:18:26 | ID: 92482

Craig, Kent

Peugeot 107 2008

As I was driving my Peugeot 107 all of the dashboard lights came on. The following day the battery appeared flat as no power and the car started after it was connected with jump leads. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Submitted: 21/03/2013 10:29:02 | ID: 92058

Daria Jones, England

Peugeot 107 2007

Hi, I`m having fuel problems with my Peugeot 107 so I filled up and zero’d the speedo. I am only getting 41 mpg, what is going on? According to spec it should be more like 55+ I have only had the car since June 2012 so I`m not savvy with it yet, but does anyone have any ideas why my car is so juicy? I don’t drive like an idiot and almost always drive in fourth or fifth gear if I can get away with it. My last car was a 1.2 sport and that used less petrol than this one. Any suggestions please?Thanks. (Sport XS)

Submitted: 13/03/2013 11:37:04 | ID: 67485

Glen Trobe, Lancashire

Peugeot 107 2009

For a while now when I turn my steering wheel right (Peug 107) I get a loud rattling noise. At first it was when it was turned nearly all the way round but now it just has to be nudged right. It is a loud distinct , fast rattle.

Submitted: 12/03/2013 10:58:31 | ID: 91575