NISSAN NV200 questions and answers

NISSAN NV200

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NV200 models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NV200. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NV200 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Jill, London

Nissan Nv200 2010

On an intermittent basis the management light has come on whilst driving my Nissan NV200 and I cannot accelerate. The garage has not been able to identify the problem. Any ideas?

Submitted: 20/01/2014 12:51:02 | ID: 57374

Imam Shaik, England

Nissan Nv200 1999

Hi, please tell me what is the difference between a 1400 Nissan NV400 brake booster and the Alfa 105 Guiliata Bonaldi brake booster? Are they similar in boost and fitting? Thanks.

Submitted: 17/09/2013 14:25:20 | ID: 54405

Duncan, Cornwall

Nissan Nv200 2012

Hi. The trip counter (A&B) reset themselves every time I start my Nissan NV200 SE, as well as the average mpg, average speed and time taken. Is this normal? Thanks. (SE)

Submitted: 25/02/2013 09:05:10 | ID: 90382

Jac J, Singapore

Nissan Nv200 2005

My Nissan NV200 had white smoke coming out while running at 60km. What should I do?

Submitted: 20/09/2012 09:11:06 | ID: 88044

Steve Jones, Scotland

Nissan Nv200 2012

Can I replace the standard wheels of my Nissan NV200 with 17" alloys? Will they fit without any rubbing or other issues? I know larger wheels will affect the fuel gauge, speedo etc, but will the larger wheels also make for a smoother ride?

Hi Steve... I replaced my 5.5 j x 14" NV Combi alloys (175x70x14 tyres) about 6 monts ago. I put on 6.5 j x 16" Team Dynamics with 195x50x16 tyres. My new alloys have the same 114.3 pcd, same 60.1 bore and are 44 offset instead of 45 offset. These alloys are a special order, made in UK, and unused stock from Chrysler... cost me just £160 for four from Merlin Int’l , York. They are a fantastic 10 spoke silver and give a much better ride on the wider tyre. Look at Kouki.co.uk to check your wheel size suitability. My difference is 60 mph is now 60.1 mph... negligable. The original 14" alloys were a bit tragic! Mobile 07836739185 if more detail required... Robert London from Surrey

Trust me, when you replace size of wheel 14 to 17 the wheel size is bigger, but the tyre has smaller side walls. No gains at all except a harder bumpier ride you’ll feel the pot holes etc. more. If you widen the wheel then yes, it gains traction grip etc. It is wheels that make a car or van look better, agreed, but only widths make a difference. Look at F1 racing - small wheels, wide tyre. Neville Denman from Sussex<br />

Submitted: 27/03/2012 12:01:06 | ID: 70932

Jack Sneddon, Scotland

Nissan Nv200 2010

I can’t get the air vent selector to blow air to the window. All other positions work but when I select the window alone position I get air going to the window and feet. Is there an easy fix?

If you mean the driver’s door window, yes it’s a pain. My old Vanette cargo had a little vent on the dash to stop it from misting up. It means rotating the RH vent 180 deg and aiming the vanes at the window with the blower on. So silly, how come they never noticed that would happen? Jerry Woodward from Derbyshire

Submitted: 03/01/2012 19:46:31 | ID: 84665

Ian Macleod, Scotland

Nissan Nv200 2011

Going to put alloy wheels on my NV200, what size of wheel and tyre would you recommend? (SE)

They are an optional Nissan extra from new, so look at the spec sheets, and go with similar wheels. It is already a low vehicle, so not much choice there I would have thought. The recommended Nissan ones may be pricey Jerry Woodward from Derbyshire

Did think about alloys myself, but remember the original wheels and tyres are small for a reason. Lots of 14"alloys on web, will advise Paul from Sussex

Submitted: 08/09/2011 08:51:32 | ID: 68758

Sue Singleton, Oxfordshire

Nissan Nv200 2010

How do you reset the service light on a Nissan NV200?

Yes, mine popped up at 6k, even though the 1st service is 12k. I thought it would be main dealer, but fiddling with those silly trip stalks on the speedo, I reset all the service alerts, and they’re all gone. Sorry but without going out to try it, I don’t remember the exact sequence Jerry Woodward from Derbyshire

Submitted: 17/08/2011 12:26:04 | ID: 77561