NISSAN NOTE questions and answers: Page 3

NISSAN Note

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NOTE models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NOTE. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NOTE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Sue Davis, Monmouthshire

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note`s rear window heater switch cover has been knocked off and lost. Can anyone suggest where I can get another one please? (automatic)

Submitted: 17/12/2013 09:15:03 | ID: 59395

Raymond Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

I have recently purchased a 1.6 automatic Nissan Note 2008 with 22,000 miles on the clock with full service history. When driven from cold or after standing for a period there is a click or clunk from under the car which sounds from around the gearbox. At approx 15 mph after this does not happen anymore. When slowing down or when stopping it does not happen until the car has stopped for a long period again. I can drive for miles with no noise until the car has stood for a period of time, otherwise no problem with gears very smooth. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks. (mpv auto 1.6)

It’s the normal function of the ABS self-test. Read your manual! Hidee from London

Submitted: 26/11/2013 14:34:51 | ID: 58627

Ray Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

When my Nissan Note is driven from cold or not used for approx one hour, at around 15 mph there is a click from what sounds like the gearbox, then no more after driving for hours till starting from rest again. What could be causing this? (tekna auto)

Submitted: 25/11/2013 10:58:49 | ID: 58550

Paul Thomas, England

Nissan Note 2010

When the outside temperature is below 4 degrees my Nissan Note`s temperature light flashes. This is very distracting. Can it be turned off?

The temperature waring light can not be turned off as it is a safety feature deployed by Nissan to maximise the drivers awareness of the current road conditions and the potential of ice on the roads. You can however press the information button (marked as an I) on the steering wheel to change the displayed function from temperature warning to mileage count, miles per gallon and others. Driver controls are only available on mid-high spec models, however, the black push levers on the left hand side of the speedometer unit can be pressed to change the display function on the dash also. Hope this helps. Seamus Connor from County Antrim

Submitted: 21/11/2013 16:35:55 | ID: 58186

Brian Dawes, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Note 2007

When changing gear my Nissan Note is very noisy. Any suggestions what to do?

Submitted: 05/11/2013 14:42:36 | ID: 57347

Darren, England

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note`s rear wiper will not return to it`s normal position. What can I do?

Submitted: 05/11/2013 11:32:50 | ID: 57390

JJ, Dorset

Nissan Note 2009

I often leave my 2009 Nissan Note`s sidelights lever on because the lights go out when I get out so no flat battery, but they come on again when I switch on the engine. Tonight in the dark and rain my sidelights had come on (fortunately my neighbour told me). Any idea why they came on? I shall try and remember to turn them off in future. Would it be an electronics problem? (auto)

Submitted: 04/11/2013 12:33:50 | ID: 57198

Eva Lunn, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2008

I have a Nissan Note with keyless entry and ignition knob. There is a push button and I managed to push it so now I can start my car only with the key. Could someone tell me how to reset it back to keyless start? Thank you. (manual)

Submitted: 29/10/2013 09:44:58 | ID: 56872

Michael Keen, Bedfordshire

Nissan Note 2012

My Nissan Note’s satnav screen suddenly went blank and I cannot find a way to get it back on. Any ideas? (N tec +)

Just seen your blog about your satnav screen suddenly going blank. It’s also happened to my 2010 Nissan Note this very week. Has your problem been resolved, if so, how was it fixed ? Grateful of any help out there. Thanks. Bob Pincott from Westmoorland

Submitted: 24/10/2013 12:31:54 | ID: 56637

Sarah Bidhop, England

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note has just got a flat tyre and I put the spare tyre on. Now the esp light is continually on and it keeps breaking so I cannot go over 10 miles an hour. I need to be able to drive to get the tyre fixed. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 22/10/2013 09:21:53 | ID: 56522

Frank Mwafulirwa, Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note can`t reverse on an inclined slope, but it does on the flat or even a slight slope. Has anyone had a similar problem? Please share your solutions and suggestions.

Hi, I too drive a Nissan Note with the 1.5 dci engine and have noticed that the note has difficulty reversing up hills reasonably steep and the car shudders a little when trying to do so. It is purely due the low level of torque the Note has, try driving it like a petrol and give it some accelerator whilst still using the clutch. Good footwork using both pedals in these situations helps a great deal when reversing up hills. I find when I do this the car performs much better. Hope I could help, Seamus Connor from County Antrim

Sometimes the likes of this problem is that the pump is picking up air when on a steep incline - perhaps your oil level is slghtly low or the intake filter may be dirty or picking up air Don Nisbet from New Zealand

Submitted: 27/08/2013 11:59:56 | ID: 53492

Igor Khaliulin, England

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note works normally but sometimes, when I stop on hot engine, the idle revs go up to 3000 for a few seconds and then return to normal 800. Should I be worried about it? What could the reason be and how do I put it right please? (SVE 1.6 petrol)

Submitted: 23/08/2013 12:39:31 | ID: 53406

Ellen Warwick, England

Nissan Note 2006

Can I use acdelco sae 5w30 oil in my diesel Nissan Note and when should I get my belt changed? It`s done 44,562 and is 7 years old in December 2013. Thank you.

Submitted: 01/08/2013 11:48:00 | ID: 53236

Carlos Garcia, England

Nissan Note 2008

I have a Nissan Note and my electrics are acting funny. The interior lights stay on while driving, the door indicator light stays on, the blinkers won`t flash when I lock the doors using my key fob and my clock reads am instead of pm. It`s just started doing it now. What is the causing this problem please?

Submitted: 01/08/2013 10:57:13 | ID: 53194

Ronald Winfield, England

Nissan Note 2011

I require to find a live feed from the ignition/switch to wire front parking sensors on my Nissan Note. Is there a feed from the engine compartment? If not it seems impossible to feed a wire from the in car fuses through the bulkhead? Can anybody help me out please? (N-tec)

Submitted: 09/07/2013 09:37:58 | ID: 65135

Norman Spencer, England

Nissan Note 2008

I have a Nissan Note Acenta S 2008. I have just got home and went to lock the car with the button on the door but not one door locked. I tried using the fob but with no joy. The batteries are okay in the fob. The car is outside unlocked. Does anyone have any ideas before I go to a garage please? Thanks for any response.

Submitted: 13/05/2013 09:39:01 | ID: 58333

John Franks, England

Nissan Note 2009

I recently reversed over a low metal bollard and pulled off the rear plastic bumper from my Nissan Note (1.4 Visia). Now it won’t go back as I think I may have broken the far right (upper) clip where it goes on to the metal frame. Will it hold with just the plastic clips or do I need to take it and get it fixed properly? Thanks for any help. Best wishes. (Visia)

sorry pressed in error Robert from Hampshire

Submitted: 25/04/2013 10:43:25 | ID: 67912

Sharon Higson, Berkshire

Nissan Note 2008

If I press the button on my Nissan Note`s door (I have intelligent key system) to open it I have no problem. When I put my foot on the brake and go to turn the ignition knob it will not turn, as if the system has not recognised I have opened the doors. If I keep opening and closing it a few times it finally lets me turn the ignition switch. I took it to a main dealer who couldn`t find any problem, reprogrammed it and changed the batteries in the key fobs, but I am still having this intermittent problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Try moving the steering wheel slightly. Harry from Berkshire

Submitted: 18/04/2013 11:37:44 | ID: 89883

Niamh, Ireland

Nissan Note 2010

Today I opened my Nissan Note with the remote and sat in but nothing happened when I tried to start the car. I removed the key from the ignition and clicked again as I thought maybe it was the battery in the clicker but it it worked and now I’m locked in the car. Click once more to open the doors to get out but it wouldn’t work, so now I’m locked in the car and can’t get out manually. Eventually the clicker works and I get out, but it freaked me out I must say. My question is, is there a manual over-ride somewhere should it ever happen again? Is there any way of getting out of a locked Note when the key isn’t working? These things happen. Thank you.

Submitted: 13/03/2013 11:52:24 | ID: 91644

Julie Bury, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2007

Both of my headlights won’t work on dipped but are fine on full beam. It looks like there is only one bulb so it’s not that. We’ve looked at the fuses we can get to but no problem there. Any ideas please?

As far as I am aware the Note does in fact have 2 different bulbs for the dipped and full beam headlights. My dipped headlight on the passenger side went out tonight, however, my full beams still work on the passenger light which leads me to believe that both have different bulbs. I will take a look at it in the morning and confirm whether or not this is the case, Seamus Connor from County Antrim

Submitted: 12/03/2013 10:59:18 | ID: 91601

Stan Wilson, England

Nissan Note 2009

Hi to all you Nissan Note drivers out there Can anyone tell me if this 1.6 Automatic has an on dash display for the gear selection ie: P, D, R, 1, 2? This is a bit of a problem for an elderly person I know who has to look at the gear shift every time they want to select R. She has just got the car and did not think about this problem. Surely there must be a button somewhere to turn this feature on? Regards. (1.6 auto)

Hi, there is no dash display, I have Tekna model, same problem. My Vauxhall cars all did on auto Raymond Thomas from Northumberland

Submitted: 01/03/2013 09:33:47 | ID: 91001

Sian H, Cardiff

Nissan Note 2010

My Nissan Note dci 1.5 can drive itself. What could the problem be? It`s been looked at by Nissan under warranty and they said it was the timing belt so they changed it, but it`s still happening. When approaching a junction and slowing down the car accelerates forwards and I have to almost emergency brake to avoid collision with cars in front. I can drive up hill and over bumps in third gear without touching a pedal. I’ve had the car less than two months, used from Evans Halshaw who are useless. Can anyone please suggest what`s causing this?

Submitted: 28/02/2013 11:20:55 | ID: 90446

Lorraine Bell, England

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note 2009 has started beeping intermittently. There are no warning lights on display and I have tried the usuals, handbrake off etc but it still keeps beeping on and off. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mine does the same, even Kwik Fit don’t know what it is Debbie Brennan from England

Have you got Bluetooth? If so it could be the bleep that is asking if you want to connect your phone to the Bluetooth Harper Hey from England

Remove hand baggage on passenger seat as sensor will make a bleeping noise as this happened to my wife John Brown from County Antrim

Try fastening the passenger seatbelt. Deb Sh from Northamptonshire

Try fastening the passenger seatbelt. Deb Sh from Northamptonshire

Passenger seat - if you have anything on it, it thinks there is a person in it and therefore is telling you to fasten the seatbelt. Rachey from England

Submitted: 25/02/2013 12:14:18 | ID: 67494

Phil Bennett, Ireland

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note`s boot wouldn`t open. I had it checked and three wires were broken, so I got them fixed. Now the lock is opening with the push of the button but is reverting back to the lock position within the space of a second and I`m having to press the button again to get it open. Could the wires be crossed some way or could it be another problem?

Submitted: 10/01/2013 09:05:37 | ID: 67649

Paul, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2009

Nissan Note 1.5 ntec diesel. Loss of electrics wiper then engine stops when driving then will start up after about 5 minutes, lose power when you slow down, roundabouts when you try set off fast...

Submitted: 10/01/2013 08:56:05 | ID: 67612

Cliff Davison, England

Nissan Note 2008

How do you change the high level brake light bulb on my Nissan Note? I have removed the two nuts but the light unit still held firm?

Carefully prise lens off tailgate, as it’s sealed/bonded on. Then on reassembly, reapply some new sealer T Lipp from Northumberland

Submitted: 08/01/2013 12:40:25 | ID: 67354

Ian Fotheringham, Durham

Nissan Note 2009

On the nearside rear door of my Nissan Note the protection strip is coming away and now catches on the front passenger door when the door is opened making the situation worse. Can the existing strip be refitted? Note it is quite springy and doubtful if a glue or adhesive will have the strength to hold it in place. It may need a new strip and need help in being given the procedures to remove the existing strip and it`s installation. Any ideas? Thank you. (Black Bodywork)

Submitted: 29/11/2012 16:44:37 | ID: 63853

Yvonne Boreham, England

Nissan Note 2012

Is it correct that Nisson Note wing mirrors covers are no longer held on with clips but only double sided tape? This is what I have been told after having them re-stuck on at the garage. I have only had the car 4 months and now it would seem they are coming away again! I do not think they were properly seated when done, luckily it’s under warranty but I`m worried I will eventually lose the covers. Has anyone else had this problem?

No, it’s not. Note and Juke mirror cans clip into place. If the garage has used double sided tape it’s because they have snapped the clips off the can (cover). Hope this resolves your question Dave Robson from England

Submitted: 20/11/2012 14:08:06 | ID: 55288

Mark Hoad, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note 2006

I have managed to snap the fuel lever in the cabin of my Nissan Note so the wires are visible. I can still open the fuel cap with some pliers but I am worried that eventually the wires will break off and I won’t be able to open the petrol cap. Any ideas about how much it’d cost or if I can replace it myself or where to go for the part? (SVE)

Submitted: 12/11/2012 14:38:27 | ID: 92352

Ian Crawford, Bedfordshire

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note`s fog light lens is broken and I can’t find anywhere which sells just the lens, only the whole unit. I don’t need the whole unit. Any idea where I can purchase a lens? Thanks.

Try eBay, buy the whole unit, they are cheap enough Jay G from Durham

Submitted: 05/11/2012 12:25:47 | ID: 91218

Nigel Crisp, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note 2009

I have replaced my Nissan Note`s front brake pads and now the abs, esp and skid warning lights remain on when driving. The car stops okay, even under heavy braking. What should I do? (Tekna automatic)

Hi there, I`ve got this exact same problem and I have a 2008 Tekna auto. I had the wheel bearing changed on the passenger side and I`m getting the same lights coming on and off. I have replaced the abs sensor but still the same cliff from Greater London

Submitted: 05/11/2012 09:09:54 | ID: 89758

Eric Murphy, Ireland

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note`s r/hand side lights are not working, The bulbs have been tested and are okay but I can`t find fuses for the lights. There`s no fuse on the main fuse board for these lights. Does anyone have any idea where they are?

They are almost under the battery, really hard to get at, lads at my garage, not a Nissan garage took half hour to get lid off... whoever put them there in the design should be shot Brian from Ireland

Submitted: 01/11/2012 09:28:19 | ID: 85762

Raad Elewi, England

Nissan Note 2007

I have a problem with the airbag light flashing all of the time when my Nissan Note`s engine starts. Can anyone help with this matter? Thanks.

Submitted: 30/10/2012 08:50:07 | ID: 89133

Mervyn Hill, England

Nissan Note 2008

I have had an intermittent fault for over a year with my Nissan Note and on each occasion I have taken the car to a garage. I experience an engine misfire followed by the yellow malfunction/warning light coming on the dashboard display. This light is constant and will not go off until the garage has used diagnostics followed by a ’repair’. This usually solves the problem for several months and then for no apparant reason it happens once again. Any suggestions or problem solving would be most welcome as it is a costly exercise that seems to have no end. Can anyone help?

I had the same experience on a 1.4 petrol. I bought a cheap bluetooth OBDII analyser (L18 ebay) and used the software that came with it, on my laptop to read the fault codes. The fault has to occur twice for the warning light to come on. You can reset the light with this device. That part alone saves a garage bill. Some careful thought had to go into finding the origin because the code was for the engine control going out of control range. I decided the problem was a faulty oxygen sensor. This has to be replaced with exactly the correct part, not the cheaper generically wired one some garages will put in (the place I bought the car from in had done just that). I bought one off the internet, along with a special socket similar to a spark plug socket but with a slit for the cable, After a year of indecision, this worked and it has run well ever since Roger from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 26/10/2012 09:39:18 | ID: 66826

Ray Banham, England

Nissan Note 2007

My 57 reg Nissan Note has only 36k on the clock but I have received a strong recommendation letter from the main dealer saying my timing belt needs to be replaced. I would have thought I don’t need to do this for tens of thousands of miles yet. On my three previous Mitsubishi cars the recommendation was a replacement at 80k. Any advice?

I drive a 2007 Note, 1.4-litre petrol and on the petrol models it’s a timing chain not a belt. The diesel models are the ones that have a belt. I was told this from a Nissan dealer when I left my car in to be serviced as there was over 80,000kms on the clock there is now over 95,000 on the clock. So if you have a petrol model you won’t need to replace any belt John Fagan from Ireland

Submitted: 22/10/2012 15:39:45 | ID: 66355

Jim Robertson, Stirlingshire

Nissan Note 2006

I have a 2006 1.6 SVE petrol Nissan Note. The front wipers work fine on constant speeds 1 and 2 and the back wiper is also fine, but the intermittent front wiper is not working at all. I`ve only had the car a couple of weeks so maybe I`m not doing something right, although it’s not rocket science! Maybe it’s just packed in but any answers are welcome. Any ideas? Thanks. (1.6 SVE Petrol)

On the SVE the intermittent is actually the auto setting so will only work when raining John from England

Submitted: 22/10/2012 09:23:56 | ID: 65236

Boniface Mutua, Kenya

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note has weak reverse, especially when reversing up a slope. The fuel consumption is also high. I have changed the oil plugs but no change. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 12:12:07 | ID: 64786

Sue Mellor, Lancashire

Nissan Note 2008

Is the wiring already laid into a Nissan Note Tekna 2008 for cruise control to be added easily?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 10:39:22 | ID: 64707

Vicki Howe, Durham

Nissan Note 2007

If my Nissan Note is left overnight or for a period of 9 hrs and it is cold, once I try to start my car it is turning over but I have to rev it, then it is cutting out. This needs to be done 2 or 3 times before the engine kicks in and revs loud, then it starts running. Can anyone help and give me a suggestion as to what the issue may be? The engine light is also coming up on my dasboard. Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 15/10/2012 11:46:06 | ID: 61149

James Schofield, Warwickshire

Nissan Note 2007

I picked up my Nissan Note from the carpark oay and the key was fine. I got home and attempted to lock the car with no response from the car or key. I tried my spare key (never been used before) and the same lack of response. How do I open the car manually? Thanks.

Remove small cover on near side front door handle and open with key Tom Barlow from Durham

Submitted: 04/10/2012 10:45:44 | ID: 89918