NISSAN NOTE questions and answers: Page 3

NISSAN Note

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NOTE models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NOTE. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NOTE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Niamh, Ireland

Nissan Note 2010

Today I opened my Nissan Note with the remote and sat in but nothing happened when I tried to start the car. I removed the key from the ignition and clicked again as I thought maybe it was the battery in the clicker but it it worked and now I’m locked in the car. Click once more to open the doors to get out but it wouldn’t work, so now I’m locked in the car and can’t get out manually. Eventually the clicker works and I get out, but it freaked me out I must say. My question is, is there a manual over-ride somewhere should it ever happen again? Is there any way of getting out of a locked Note when the key isn’t working? These things happen. Thank you.

Submitted: 13/03/2013 11:52:24 | ID: 91644

Julie Bury, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2007

Both of my headlights won’t work on dipped but are fine on full beam. It looks like there is only one bulb so it’s not that. We’ve looked at the fuses we can get to but no problem there. Any ideas please?

As far as I am aware the Note does in fact have 2 different bulbs for the dipped and full beam headlights. My dipped headlight on the passenger side went out tonight, however, my full beams still work on the passenger light which leads me to believe that both have different bulbs. I will take a look at it in the morning and confirm whether or not this is the case, Seamus Connor from County Antrim

Submitted: 12/03/2013 10:59:18 | ID: 91601

Stan Wilson, England

Nissan Note 2009

Hi to all you Nissan Note drivers out there Can anyone tell me if this 1.6 Automatic has an on dash display for the gear selection ie: P, D, R, 1, 2? This is a bit of a problem for an elderly person I know who has to look at the gear shift every time they want to select R. She has just got the car and did not think about this problem. Surely there must be a button somewhere to turn this feature on? Regards. (1.6 auto)

Hi, there is no dash display, I have Tekna model, same problem. My Vauxhall cars all did on auto Raymond Thomas from Northumberland

Submitted: 01/03/2013 09:33:47 | ID: 91001

Sian H, Cardiff

Nissan Note 2010

My Nissan Note dci 1.5 can drive itself. What could the problem be? It`s been looked at by Nissan under warranty and they said it was the timing belt so they changed it, but it`s still happening. When approaching a junction and slowing down the car accelerates forwards and I have to almost emergency brake to avoid collision with cars in front. I can drive up hill and over bumps in third gear without touching a pedal. I’ve had the car less than two months, used from Evans Halshaw who are useless. Can anyone please suggest what`s causing this?

Submitted: 28/02/2013 11:20:55 | ID: 90446

Lorraine Bell, England

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note 2009 has started beeping intermittently. There are no warning lights on display and I have tried the usuals, handbrake off etc but it still keeps beeping on and off. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mine does the same, even Kwik Fit don’t know what it is Debbie Brennan from England

Have you got Bluetooth? If so it could be the bleep that is asking if you want to connect your phone to the Bluetooth Harper Hey from England

Remove hand baggage on passenger seat as sensor will make a bleeping noise as this happened to my wife John Brown from County Antrim

Try fastening the passenger seatbelt. Deb Sh from Northamptonshire

Try fastening the passenger seatbelt. Deb Sh from Northamptonshire

Passenger seat - if you have anything on it, it thinks there is a person in it and therefore is telling you to fasten the seatbelt. Rachey from England

Submitted: 25/02/2013 12:14:18 | ID: 67494

Phil Bennett, Ireland

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note`s boot wouldn`t open. I had it checked and three wires were broken, so I got them fixed. Now the lock is opening with the push of the button but is reverting back to the lock position within the space of a second and I`m having to press the button again to get it open. Could the wires be crossed some way or could it be another problem?

Submitted: 10/01/2013 09:05:37 | ID: 67649

Paul, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2009

Nissan Note 1.5 ntec diesel. Loss of electrics wiper then engine stops when driving then will start up after about 5 minutes, lose power when you slow down, roundabouts when you try set off fast...

Submitted: 10/01/2013 08:56:05 | ID: 67612

Cliff Davison, England

Nissan Note 2008

How do you change the high level brake light bulb on my Nissan Note? I have removed the two nuts but the light unit still held firm?

Carefully prise lens off tailgate, as it’s sealed/bonded on. Then on reassembly, reapply some new sealer T Lipp from Northumberland

Submitted: 08/01/2013 12:40:25 | ID: 67354

Ian Fotheringham, Durham

Nissan Note 2009

On the nearside rear door of my Nissan Note the protection strip is coming away and now catches on the front passenger door when the door is opened making the situation worse. Can the existing strip be refitted? Note it is quite springy and doubtful if a glue or adhesive will have the strength to hold it in place. It may need a new strip and need help in being given the procedures to remove the existing strip and it`s installation. Any ideas? Thank you. (Black Bodywork)

Submitted: 29/11/2012 16:44:37 | ID: 63853

Yvonne Boreham, England

Nissan Note 2012

Is it correct that Nisson Note wing mirrors covers are no longer held on with clips but only double sided tape? This is what I have been told after having them re-stuck on at the garage. I have only had the car 4 months and now it would seem they are coming away again! I do not think they were properly seated when done, luckily it’s under warranty but I`m worried I will eventually lose the covers. Has anyone else had this problem?

No, it’s not. Note and Juke mirror cans clip into place. If the garage has used double sided tape it’s because they have snapped the clips off the can (cover). Hope this resolves your question Dave Robson from England

Submitted: 20/11/2012 14:08:06 | ID: 55288

Mark Hoad, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note 2006

I have managed to snap the fuel lever in the cabin of my Nissan Note so the wires are visible. I can still open the fuel cap with some pliers but I am worried that eventually the wires will break off and I won’t be able to open the petrol cap. Any ideas about how much it’d cost or if I can replace it myself or where to go for the part? (SVE)

Submitted: 12/11/2012 14:38:27 | ID: 92352

Ian Crawford, Bedfordshire

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note`s fog light lens is broken and I can’t find anywhere which sells just the lens, only the whole unit. I don’t need the whole unit. Any idea where I can purchase a lens? Thanks.

Try eBay, buy the whole unit, they are cheap enough Jay G from Durham

Submitted: 05/11/2012 12:25:47 | ID: 91218

Nigel Crisp, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note 2009

I have replaced my Nissan Note`s front brake pads and now the abs, esp and skid warning lights remain on when driving. The car stops okay, even under heavy braking. What should I do? (Tekna automatic)

Submitted: 05/11/2012 09:09:54 | ID: 89758

Eric Murphy, Ireland

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note`s r/hand side lights are not working, The bulbs have been tested and are okay but I can`t find fuses for the lights. There`s no fuse on the main fuse board for these lights. Does anyone have any idea where they are?

They are almost under the battery, really hard to get at, lads at my garage, not a Nissan garage took half hour to get lid off... whoever put them there in the design should be shot Brian from Ireland

Submitted: 01/11/2012 09:28:19 | ID: 85762

Raad Elewi, England

Nissan Note 2007

I have a problem with the airbag light flashing all of the time when my Nissan Note`s engine starts. Can anyone help with this matter? Thanks.

Submitted: 30/10/2012 08:50:07 | ID: 89133

Mervyn Hill, England

Nissan Note 2008

I have had an intermittent fault for over a year with my Nissan Note and on each occasion I have taken the car to a garage. I experience an engine misfire followed by the yellow malfunction/warning light coming on the dashboard display. This light is constant and will not go off until the garage has used diagnostics followed by a ’repair’. This usually solves the problem for several months and then for no apparant reason it happens once again. Any suggestions or problem solving would be most welcome as it is a costly exercise that seems to have no end. Can anyone help?

I had the same experience on a 1.4 petrol. I bought a cheap bluetooth OBDII analyser (L18 ebay) and used the software that came with it, on my laptop to read the fault codes. The fault has to occur twice for the warning light to come on. You can reset the light with this device. That part alone saves a garage bill. Some careful thought had to go into finding the origin because the code was for the engine control going out of control range. I decided the problem was a faulty oxygen sensor. This has to be replaced with exactly the correct part, not the cheaper generically wired one some garages will put in (the place I bought the car from in had done just that). I bought one off the internet, along with a special socket similar to a spark plug socket but with a slit for the cable, After a year of indecision, this worked and it has run well ever since Roger from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 26/10/2012 09:39:18 | ID: 66826

Ray Banham, England

Nissan Note 2007

My 57 reg Nissan Note has only 36k on the clock but I have received a strong recommendation letter from the main dealer saying my timing belt needs to be replaced. I would have thought I don’t need to do this for tens of thousands of miles yet. On my three previous Mitsubishi cars the recommendation was a replacement at 80k. Any advice?

I drive a 2007 Note, 1.4-litre petrol and on the petrol models it’s a timing chain not a belt. The diesel models are the ones that have a belt. I was told this from a Nissan dealer when I left my car in to be serviced as there was over 80,000kms on the clock there is now over 95,000 on the clock. So if you have a petrol model you won’t need to replace any belt John Fagan from Ireland

Submitted: 22/10/2012 15:39:45 | ID: 66355

Jim Robertson, Stirlingshire

Nissan Note 2006

I have a 2006 1.6 SVE petrol Nissan Note. The front wipers work fine on constant speeds 1 and 2 and the back wiper is also fine, but the intermittent front wiper is not working at all. I`ve only had the car a couple of weeks so maybe I`m not doing something right, although it’s not rocket science! Maybe it’s just packed in but any answers are welcome. Any ideas? Thanks. (1.6 SVE Petrol)

On the SVE the intermittent is actually the auto setting so will only work when raining John from England

Submitted: 22/10/2012 09:23:56 | ID: 65236

Boniface Mutua, Kenya

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note has weak reverse, especially when reversing up a slope. The fuel consumption is also high. I have changed the oil plugs but no change. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 12:12:07 | ID: 64786

Sue Mellor, Lancashire

Nissan Note 2008

Is the wiring already laid into a Nissan Note Tekna 2008 for cruise control to be added easily?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 10:39:22 | ID: 64707

Vicki Howe, Durham

Nissan Note 2007

If my Nissan Note is left overnight or for a period of 9 hrs and it is cold, once I try to start my car it is turning over but I have to rev it, then it is cutting out. This needs to be done 2 or 3 times before the engine kicks in and revs loud, then it starts running. Can anyone help and give me a suggestion as to what the issue may be? The engine light is also coming up on my dasboard. Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 15/10/2012 11:46:06 | ID: 61149

James Schofield, Warwickshire

Nissan Note 2007

I picked up my Nissan Note from the carpark oay and the key was fine. I got home and attempted to lock the car with no response from the car or key. I tried my spare key (never been used before) and the same lack of response. How do I open the car manually? Thanks.

Remove small cover on near side front door handle and open with key Tom Barlow from Durham

Submitted: 04/10/2012 10:45:44 | ID: 89918

Kenneth Coxon, Durham

Nissan Note 2008

I`ve heard an occasional knock at low speeds in my Nissan Note but thought nothing of it. A recent service has indicated a problem with the steering column. The proposed solution is to change the lower steering shaft first, but it may require a complete steering column change at a cost of £2500. Are there any other likely causes that could be explored? (Acenta S 87)

Hey, I have had this problem also, it turned out to be two small rubbers that have worn away in the steering motor! Nothing to worry about it will not affect the drive of your car, just be an annoying knock! Turn up the radio! Wayne McCammon from County Tyrone

Just WD40 the bushes on the steering column whist turning the steering wheel, cured mine 1 year now! James Rudford from England

Submitted: 25/09/2012 14:08:32 | ID: 87057

Geoff Smith, England

Nissan Note 2009

Does a Nissan Note Automatic have a handbrake? (1.6 Petrol Automatic)

Yes, it has a conventional hand brake that operates on the rear brake drums. You have the additional security of being able to select Park this drops a pawl that engages with a drum inside the automatic transmission. This locks the transmission, you have to be in Park before you can remove the ignition key. Hope this helps. Regards Mike Crow from England

Submitted: 20/09/2012 14:39:28 | ID: 86126

Rupen Khakhar, England

Nissan Note 2007

Water is not coming out of the wipers on the windscreen of my Nissan Note but it does come out fine on the rear screen. Why could this be?

Submitted: 17/09/2012 15:53:52 | ID: 77881

Mike Brown, England

Nissan Note 2008

Hi,, can anyone please help me with changing my original Nissan Note stereo to a normal Sony one? What do I need in terms of the connection?

Submitted: 13/09/2012 17:24:22 | ID: 68470

Faussou Olivier, Lothians

Nissan Note 2006

I need a Nissan Note radio code. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 13/09/2012 14:26:43 | ID: 73685

Gerry Tunney, County Londonderry

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note will not go into second gear. Has anyone had this problem? (1.5 dsi)

Submitted: 11/09/2012 10:30:17 | ID: 71521

Alan, Devon

Nissan Note 2007

How important are the under-sump protection plates on my Nissan Note?

Submitted: 07/09/2012 09:33:07 | ID: 78197

Irina, Hampshire

Nissan Note 2007

Hi. I have imported my Nissan Note from the EU. Now I have to make some changes on my car to make it suitable for UK registration. Is there any other method to convert it`s headlights without changing the headlights (for example to switch a tumbler)? Thank you in advance for any answer. (Acenta)

Submitted: 03/09/2012 15:10:56 | ID: 88074

Sue Birchall, Cyprus

Nissan Note 2009

What should a new battery cost for my Nissan Note under 3 years and low mileage? (auto)

Submitted: 28/08/2012 16:55:21 | ID: 86531

John Gilbert, Bedfordshire

Nissan Note 2011

Can anyone tell me how to turn on and off (at the moment it is off) the speed camara detection on my Nissan Note satnav? Thank you.

Submitted: 28/08/2012 14:21:32 | ID: 88235

Kaz, England

Nissan Note 2010

I am thinking of buying a rear mounted cycle carrier specifically a Saris Porter 3 which Saris say is suitable for my Nissan Note. However all instructions indicate that the rear wiper should be disabled. How do I do this? (N-tec)

Submitted: 28/08/2012 11:53:53 | ID: 86454

Thomas Renicks, Lanarkshire

Nissan Note 2007

I replaced the battery in my Nissan Note 1.4 07 plate. Now the only light working on the dashboard is a car sign with a key. When I put my key in the ignition and turn the key it makes no difference. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 21/08/2012 14:25:43 | ID: 85733

Charlie, Isle of Anglesey

Nissan Note 2012

While I was driving my Nissan Note the other day a light came on near the km counter, and it said the word limit - - and a speed meter picture. Could someone help me to find out what it means?

It`s possible that you’ve caught the limit switch on your steering wheel. It’s the rocker switch that’s coupled with the cruise control. It’s all in the handbook Craig from England

It’s the speed limiter control on the steering wheel I Suan from Cheshire

Submitted: 14/08/2012 16:33:57 | ID: 75538

Ronald Boocock, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2008

How do you get the glove box out of a Nissan Note? The manual says undo the three screws and it should pull out but I have tried this and it doesn`t move. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in anticipation. (tekna)

There are more than 3 screws, check top and bottom of box. If removing to change pollen cabin filter don’t bother, easy to change with gen Nissan filter, which comes in two parts - filter and clip on front. Ray Thomas from Northumberland

Submitted: 31/07/2012 10:41:20 | ID: 88742

Suzie Black, Dorset

Nissan Note 2009

I’ve put £25 of diesel in my Nissan Note and the dial has moved to half a tank but on the digital dash it is saying I’ve got 38 miles left. We’ve tried adjusting the settings and turning the car off and on again but no change. Any ideas?

Hey, I’ve also had this problem just. Was the car by any chance still turned on or still running as the computer cannot register that level has changed whilst still on! You need to drive away at it you will see the miles rise gradually! Not a worrying problem! Wayne McCammon from County Tyrone

Submitted: 27/07/2012 10:13:42 | ID: 88410

Laurence Cooper, Norfolk

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note`s tailgate is jammed with a shoelace in the locking mechanism, preventing electrical contact. Is there an internal release mechanism?

Submitted: 24/07/2012 12:41:10 | ID: 87794

Sandy Spiers, Wiltshire

Nissan Note 2010

When I first start my Nissan Note in the morning I select first gear, let the clutch in and as I start to move a juddering starts to occur. During the rest of the day everything is normal. The handbrake is not sticking and the engine performance is normal. Any ideas? (1.5 N-Tec)

Submitted: 16/07/2012 16:39:02 | ID: 87387

Bruce Tulloch, England

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note`s fog light is staying on. Any suggestions?

No need to remove the rear bumper as suggested on other threads. The simple solutiion would be to remove the fuse, however, amazingly the Note’s handbook does not identify a fuse for the rear fog light. The red lense levers away from the rear bumper as shown in the handbook. Approach this very gently with a small screwdriver on the righthand side (when facing rear) and you will reveal a metal clip which you can then unclip with your finger before easing the lense completely away from the bumper. If the bulb has been on constantly it will of course be very hot so be warned. Just did mine and al`s okay David Worrall from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 28/06/2012 12:44:02 | ID: 88667