NISSAN NOTE questions and answers: Page 3

NISSAN Note

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NOTE models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NOTE. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NOTE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Raad Elewi, England

Nissan Note 2007

I have a problem with the airbag light flashing all of the time when my Nissan Note`s engine starts. Can anyone help with this matter? Thanks.

Submitted: 30/10/2012 08:50:07 | ID: 89133

Mervyn Hill, England

Nissan Note 2008

I have had an intermittent fault for over a year with my Nissan Note and on each occasion I have taken the car to a garage. I experience an engine misfire followed by the yellow malfunction/warning light coming on the dashboard display. This light is constant and will not go off until the garage has used diagnostics followed by a ’repair’. This usually solves the problem for several months and then for no apparant reason it happens once again. Any suggestions or problem solving would be most welcome as it is a costly exercise that seems to have no end. Can anyone help?

I had the same experience on a 1.4 petrol. I bought a cheap bluetooth OBDII analyser (L18 ebay) and used the software that came with it, on my laptop to read the fault codes. The fault has to occur twice for the warning light to come on. You can reset the light with this device. That part alone saves a garage bill. Some careful thought had to go into finding the origin because the code was for the engine control going out of control range. I decided the problem was a faulty oxygen sensor. This has to be replaced with exactly the correct part, not the cheaper generically wired one some garages will put in (the place I bought the car from in had done just that). I bought one off the internet, along with a special socket similar to a spark plug socket but with a slit for the cable, After a year of indecision, this worked and it has run well ever since Roger from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 26/10/2012 09:39:18 | ID: 66826

Ray Banham, England

Nissan Note 2007

My 57 reg Nissan Note has only 36k on the clock but I have received a strong recommendation letter from the main dealer saying my timing belt needs to be replaced. I would have thought I don’t need to do this for tens of thousands of miles yet. On my three previous Mitsubishi cars the recommendation was a replacement at 80k. Any advice?

I drive a 2007 Note, 1.4-litre petrol and on the petrol models it’s a timing chain not a belt. The diesel models are the ones that have a belt. I was told this from a Nissan dealer when I left my car in to be serviced as there was over 80,000kms on the clock there is now over 95,000 on the clock. So if you have a petrol model you won’t need to replace any belt John Fagan from Ireland

Submitted: 22/10/2012 15:39:45 | ID: 66355

Jim Robertson, Stirlingshire

Nissan Note 2006

I have a 2006 1.6 SVE petrol Nissan Note. The front wipers work fine on constant speeds 1 and 2 and the back wiper is also fine, but the intermittent front wiper is not working at all. I`ve only had the car a couple of weeks so maybe I`m not doing something right, although it’s not rocket science! Maybe it’s just packed in but any answers are welcome. Any ideas? Thanks. (1.6 SVE Petrol)

On the SVE the intermittent is actually the auto setting so will only work when raining John from England

Submitted: 22/10/2012 09:23:56 | ID: 65236

Boniface Mutua, Kenya

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note has weak reverse, especially when reversing up a slope. The fuel consumption is also high. I have changed the oil plugs but no change. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 12:12:07 | ID: 64786

Sue Mellor, Lancashire

Nissan Note 2008

Is the wiring already laid into a Nissan Note Tekna 2008 for cruise control to be added easily?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 10:39:22 | ID: 64707

Vicki Howe, Durham

Nissan Note 2007

If my Nissan Note is left overnight or for a period of 9 hrs and it is cold, once I try to start my car it is turning over but I have to rev it, then it is cutting out. This needs to be done 2 or 3 times before the engine kicks in and revs loud, then it starts running. Can anyone help and give me a suggestion as to what the issue may be? The engine light is also coming up on my dasboard. Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 15/10/2012 11:46:06 | ID: 61149

James Schofield, Warwickshire

Nissan Note 2007

I picked up my Nissan Note from the carpark oay and the key was fine. I got home and attempted to lock the car with no response from the car or key. I tried my spare key (never been used before) and the same lack of response. How do I open the car manually? Thanks.

Remove small cover on near side front door handle and open with key Tom Barlow from Durham

Submitted: 04/10/2012 10:45:44 | ID: 89918

Kenneth Coxon, Durham

Nissan Note 2008

I`ve heard an occasional knock at low speeds in my Nissan Note but thought nothing of it. A recent service has indicated a problem with the steering column. The proposed solution is to change the lower steering shaft first, but it may require a complete steering column change at a cost of £2500. Are there any other likely causes that could be explored? (Acenta S 87)

Hey, I have had this problem also, it turned out to be two small rubbers that have worn away in the steering motor! Nothing to worry about it will not affect the drive of your car, just be an annoying knock! Turn up the radio! Wayne McCammon from County Tyrone

Just WD40 the bushes on the steering column whist turning the steering wheel, cured mine 1 year now! James Rudford from England

Submitted: 25/09/2012 14:08:32 | ID: 87057

Geoff Smith, England

Nissan Note 2009

Does a Nissan Note Automatic have a handbrake? (1.6 Petrol Automatic)

Yes, it has a conventional hand brake that operates on the rear brake drums. You have the additional security of being able to select Park this drops a pawl that engages with a drum inside the automatic transmission. This locks the transmission, you have to be in Park before you can remove the ignition key. Hope this helps. Regards Mike Crow from England

Submitted: 20/09/2012 14:39:28 | ID: 86126

Rupen Khakhar, England

Nissan Note 2007

Water is not coming out of the wipers on the windscreen of my Nissan Note but it does come out fine on the rear screen. Why could this be?

Submitted: 17/09/2012 15:53:52 | ID: 77881

Mike Brown, England

Nissan Note 2008

Hi,, can anyone please help me with changing my original Nissan Note stereo to a normal Sony one? What do I need in terms of the connection?

Submitted: 13/09/2012 17:24:22 | ID: 68470

Faussou Olivier, Lothians

Nissan Note 2006

I need a Nissan Note radio code. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 13/09/2012 14:26:43 | ID: 73685

Gerry Tunney, County Londonderry

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note will not go into second gear. Has anyone had this problem? (1.5 dsi)

Submitted: 11/09/2012 10:30:17 | ID: 71521

Alan, Devon

Nissan Note 2007

How important are the under-sump protection plates on my Nissan Note?

Submitted: 07/09/2012 09:33:07 | ID: 78197

Irina, Hampshire

Nissan Note 2007

Hi. I have imported my Nissan Note from the EU. Now I have to make some changes on my car to make it suitable for UK registration. Is there any other method to convert it`s headlights without changing the headlights (for example to switch a tumbler)? Thank you in advance for any answer. (Acenta)

Submitted: 03/09/2012 15:10:56 | ID: 88074

Sue Birchall, Cyprus

Nissan Note 2009

What should a new battery cost for my Nissan Note under 3 years and low mileage? (auto)

Submitted: 28/08/2012 16:55:21 | ID: 86531

John Gilbert, Bedfordshire

Nissan Note 2011

Can anyone tell me how to turn on and off (at the moment it is off) the speed camara detection on my Nissan Note satnav? Thank you.

Submitted: 28/08/2012 14:21:32 | ID: 88235

Kaz, England

Nissan Note 2010

I am thinking of buying a rear mounted cycle carrier specifically a Saris Porter 3 which Saris say is suitable for my Nissan Note. However all instructions indicate that the rear wiper should be disabled. How do I do this? (N-tec)

Submitted: 28/08/2012 11:53:53 | ID: 86454

Thomas Renicks, Lanarkshire

Nissan Note 2007

I replaced the battery in my Nissan Note 1.4 07 plate. Now the only light working on the dashboard is a car sign with a key. When I put my key in the ignition and turn the key it makes no difference. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 21/08/2012 14:25:43 | ID: 85733

Charlie, Isle of Anglesey

Nissan Note 2012

While I was driving my Nissan Note the other day a light came on near the km counter, and it said the word limit - - and a speed meter picture. Could someone help me to find out what it means?

It`s possible that you’ve caught the limit switch on your steering wheel. It’s the rocker switch that’s coupled with the cruise control. It’s all in the handbook Craig from England

It’s the speed limiter control on the steering wheel I Suan from Cheshire

Submitted: 14/08/2012 16:33:57 | ID: 75538

Ronald Boocock, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2008

How do you get the glove box out of a Nissan Note? The manual says undo the three screws and it should pull out but I have tried this and it doesn`t move. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in anticipation. (tekna)

There are more than 3 screws, check top and bottom of box. If removing to change pollen cabin filter don’t bother, easy to change with gen Nissan filter, which comes in two parts - filter and clip on front. Ray Thomas from Northumberland

Submitted: 31/07/2012 10:41:20 | ID: 88742

Suzie Black, Dorset

Nissan Note 2009

I’ve put £25 of diesel in my Nissan Note and the dial has moved to half a tank but on the digital dash it is saying I’ve got 38 miles left. We’ve tried adjusting the settings and turning the car off and on again but no change. Any ideas?

Hey, I’ve also had this problem just. Was the car by any chance still turned on or still running as the computer cannot register that level has changed whilst still on! You need to drive away at it you will see the miles rise gradually! Not a worrying problem! Wayne McCammon from County Tyrone

Submitted: 27/07/2012 10:13:42 | ID: 88410

Laurence Cooper, Norfolk

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note`s tailgate is jammed with a shoelace in the locking mechanism, preventing electrical contact. Is there an internal release mechanism?

Submitted: 24/07/2012 12:41:10 | ID: 87794

Sandy Spiers, Wiltshire

Nissan Note 2010

When I first start my Nissan Note in the morning I select first gear, let the clutch in and as I start to move a juddering starts to occur. During the rest of the day everything is normal. The handbrake is not sticking and the engine performance is normal. Any ideas? (1.5 N-Tec)

Submitted: 16/07/2012 16:39:02 | ID: 87387

Bruce Tulloch, England

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note`s fog light is staying on. Any suggestions?

No need to remove the rear bumper as suggested on other threads. The simple solutiion would be to remove the fuse, however, amazingly the Note’s handbook does not identify a fuse for the rear fog light. The red lense levers away from the rear bumper as shown in the handbook. Approach this very gently with a small screwdriver on the righthand side (when facing rear) and you will reveal a metal clip which you can then unclip with your finger before easing the lense completely away from the bumper. If the bulb has been on constantly it will of course be very hot so be warned. Just did mine and al`s okay David Worrall from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 28/06/2012 12:44:02 | ID: 88667

Laraine Nelson, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2006

Can anyone tell me why I hear a popping noise every time I turn the steering wheel of my Nissan Note? It started a few weeks ago and has got progressively worse. At first I had to be turning a corner and it was worse when I turned left. But now it happens when I just move the wheel slightly and when I turn the wheel both left and right. It is especially loud when I reverse into my drive and have to turn the wheel to do so (possibly louder as the car is quieter/at a low speed and no other traffic is around). I would really appreciate any suggestions. Can anyone help? Thank you.

I am sure that the arm near the front wheel needs to be replaced. I had a similar problem C Pits from Warwickshire

Submitted: 21/06/2012 12:03:03 | ID: 87951

Jill, Angus (Forfarshire)

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note wont respond to my key. Any ideas?

Submitted: 19/06/2012 10:46:18 | ID: 86721

Norma Bonner, Aberdeenshire

Nissan Note 2010

My Nissan Note has started beeping like an alarm going off. This lasts for a minute and then it repeats itself. What could be wrong? (Acenta 1.4 diesel)

Sorry not an answer but my 2010 Note Visia started doing this tonight. I`d also appreciate an answer please Ruth C from Derbyshire.

I had the same problem with mine. It’s probably the sensor on the passenger seat, which can go off even if you have a handbag on the seat. Basically the car thinks you are carrying a passenger who is not wearing a seat belt, hence the alarm sounds. If the alarm sounds and you don`t have anything on the seat, then the sensor is faulty and needs to be fixed (as mine did) Karen P from Surrey

Submitted: 18/06/2012 11:11:12 | ID: 87832

Gordon Lynch, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2009

I have a Nissan Note 1.6 automatic with parking sensors and I cannot hear the buzzer at the rear of the car as I have a hearing problem, but I am not that deaf. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 15/06/2012 09:43:27 | ID: 87196

Laura, England

Nissan Note 2006

What are the correct tyre pressures for my Nissan Note SE automatic reg January 2006?

Check in the manual book, or on the side of the driver’s door. When open you will see small pictute like of a car with correct tyre presure parameters indicated right under the picture for front and rear tyres. Hope that will help R K from Northumberland

Submitted: 12/06/2012 10:23:20 | ID: 70077

Ramsay, Scotland

Nissan Note 2007

Does anyone know the size of washer bottle that the Nissan Note has because I need to premix my windscreen wash? Thanks. (1.4)

Submitted: 08/06/2012 09:47:20 | ID: 86792

Stephen Thomas, England

Nissan Note 2006

Why does my Nissan Note radio switch itself on and off continually?

Submitted: 07/06/2012 16:11:10 | ID: 82713

David Preston, England

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note`s driver`s window will not open. I have carried out the window rest but it still will not open. How can I test the switch to see if it is the motor or the switch? Many thanks. (SE)

Submitted: 29/05/2012 09:55:59 | ID: 85850

Kevin Murphy, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note 2007

I had my Nissan Note valeted last weekend and ever since then the front passenger warning light and chime come on for 90 seconds after I get past 15 mph, even though the seat is completely empty. Has the weight sensor under the passenger seat been damaged or is there another simpler explanation? I can get the alarm to stop by keeping the seatbelt buckled up but it`s a bit of a nuisance. Can anyone help?.

Submitted: 24/05/2012 15:45:11 | ID: 85011

Palvasha Raja Hameed, Pakistan

Nissan Note 2007

My Nissan Note has a problem. When I start the car it will start okay, but when I switch off the car I cannot get the key out unless I move the gears a lot and then it will come out. My mechanic cannot find out what the problem is. Can anyone help me please?

If it is automatic, the gear selector has to be in p before you can take the key out. Perhaps it is the same with manual gearbox ie in neutral vj from England

Submitted: 24/05/2012 10:37:06 | ID: 71811

Craig Harrop, England

Nissan Note 2008

When do I need to change the timing chain on my Nissan Note?

I have just checked this myself and it recommends 72000 miles or 60 months, which ever is first Louise from Blaenau Gwent

Submitted: 24/05/2012 09:53:32 | ID: 69922

Brendan O`Brien, Lancashire

Nissan Note 2010

Can anyone tell me how to remove the oil stick on the automatic gearbox of my Nissan Note? (1.6 engine N tec)

We’ve got the same model - 60 plate Nissan Note automatic 1.6 SVE version (the next trim up from the N-Tec). For us the dip stick is the big circular yellow handle at the bottom just below the engine in the middle. Just pull it up and it should just come out. We’ve had to do that recently as ours was saying Oil Lo, when checking though it shows the oil is halfway between the H and L so I always thought that was fine (but this was after running the engine a while so could be inaccurate). If you mean how do you open it to fill oil - that is a good question. From what I can guess the opening is the black plastic screw cap with the oil can on it to the right of the engine, but I tried all sorts to get that thing open and it doesn’t seem to open... have to get someone to help me. I’m guessing that is just a turn screw but it might be tight (ours actually looks like it might have even melted to the engine and if that’s the case we’ve got a major problem!) Dar from Shropshire

Submitted: 17/05/2012 11:11:13 | ID: 69876

Mark Brown, Jamaica

Nissan Note 2007

My Nissan Note`s engine check light stays on and the OBD2 scan gave P1652. Can anyone say what`s wrong?

Submitted: 08/05/2012 15:18:26 | ID: 70901

Chris Case, England

Nissan Note 2007

What could be the cause of a knocking on the steering of my Nissan Note at low speeds?

Hi, I had same problem on my Note, it was the crossmember and front coil Hayley Tracey from England

Submitted: 01/05/2012 12:22:24 | ID: 69957