NISSAN NOTE questions and answers

NISSAN Note

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NOTE models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NOTE. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NOTE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Steve w, Northamptonshire

Nissan Note

On acceleration there is a long delay before engine accelerates

Submitted: 18/07/2015 11:00:54 | ID: 118587

pete, West Midlands

Nissan Note

my horn does not work when steering wheel is central but does work if you tilt the wheel slightly to the left or right.

Submitted: 15/07/2015 13:35:57 | ID: 118479

tylah, Aberdeenshire

Nissan Note

Hi my nissan navara when its cold first thing in the morrning An the car has not been started since night befour the Car wont start it just keeps turning over i turn the key till the Glow light goss off an then try to start but as i said it just keeps Turning over still wont start. Dose anyone have any idear What it could be anyone know what it would be.

Submitted: 14/07/2015 16:37:21 | ID: 118457

Mr. Ed. Towell, East Riding of Yorkshire

Nissan Note

I have recentley purchased the above Nissan from a main dealer first reg new in 2014.. I am undecided as to the total mileage on the oddometer being correct. Is the total mileage recorded anywhere else in the vehicles circuitry. If the answer is yes then how do i access this information.

Submitted: 10/07/2015 09:45:39 | ID: 118286

shahzad, Pakistan

Plug no in NGK r Den so Nissan note 2007 petrol

Submitted: 10/07/2015 08:09:06 | ID: 118279

lola, Essex

Nissan Note

I Just bought my Nissan note. After driving it for 2 miles home. I noticed that the engine is hot .Please what could be the problem? is it normal for the engine to be hot

Submitted: 01/07/2015 23:29:33 | ID: 117919

steve, Staffordshire

Nissan Note

when driving at about 25 to 30 mile an hour there is a knocking noise front drivers side sound like when you had a bike and had the flaps fitted to the spokes to make a noise as any one any idea what this is

Submitted: 26/06/2015 07:56:07 | ID: 117720

Bridget, Dublin

Nissan Note

What gear to get to top of a steep lane in Donegal

Submitted: 04/06/2015 12:29:18 | ID: 116795

ALISON REYNOLDS, Devon

Nissan Note

Hi, I am having problems with the SVE light. When I am driving along the SVE light comes on and the power goes in the car, I have no revs and the car comes to a stop. I have taken it back to the garage where I bought it about five times, they said that they put a new sensor on the pedal and this works for a while but the same problem keeps happening. What can I do?

Submitted: 22/05/2015 09:37:28 | ID: 116338

Kim, Greater London

Nissan Note

I have a 2010 Note automatic and since I drove over a rather large speed bump my location on my inbuilt "connect" sat nav is wrong. It says I'm about 9 miles away. It will do everything else but just keeps telling me to get onto a digitised road etc. thus my sat nav is now worthless. I have left it overnight, restored factory settings and removed the SD card. Any suggestions ???? Has something come loose ???

Submitted: 15/05/2015 21:57:36 | ID: 116080

george, Ireland

Nissan Note

My Nissan Note lights up with sport on the dash. What does it do?

Submitted: 06/05/2015 20:32:34 | ID: 115652

Sue & Eric cahill, Cardiff

Nissan Note

Just bought A 2009 ......How do you set car alarm ?

Submitted: 04/05/2015 15:58:44 | ID: 115562

John seath, Fife

My heater switch won,t work until it goe,s to no 3 setting.How can I fix it

Hi John, This may be a problem with the heating board. I had a Nissan a long time ago and had the same problem. You will need to get a second hand one and get it fitted or get the garage to get one and fit. I believe it sits just behind the heater and pulls out. Norman Small from Middlesex

Submitted: 27/04/2015 17:40:56 | ID: 115279

Keith taylor, Essex

Nissan Note

Do I have to press the clutch in before starting the engine

Submitted: 25/04/2015 14:34:26 | ID: 115228

Claire, Greater Manchester

Nissan Note

My car has a reversing sensor on it which must of been added after previous owner had. Twice now my nissannote has started beeping at me.Take panel of under steering wheel move wire to sensor stop any idea what it could be

Submitted: 25/04/2015 07:07:48 | ID: 115206

shirley, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note

my boot does not open when I unlock my car with the remote, stuck fast,has anyone had the same,and what can I do about it please

Submitted: 19/04/2015 11:14:40 | ID: 114920

ian tate, Durham

Nissan Note

What type of oil should I top up with?

Submitted: 14/04/2015 11:48:02 | ID: 114686

bilal, Pakistan

Nissan Note

my car battery gone dead when i recharge the battery than my nissan doesn't start and my remote doesn't work the switch show the key icon in red color every thing is ok but the the car doesn't start i check every thing battery and fuse kindly

Submitted: 10/04/2015 20:13:48 | ID: 114556

Paul George, Bristol

Nissan Note

Hi...just bought a Nissan Note 1.6....still under warranty....I am finding though that when changing gear, the engine revs up a bit...very minor, but has anyone else experienced this? Car only has 25,000 on clock. Thanks.

Submitted: 03/04/2015 20:25:25 | ID: 114285

patricia walker, New Zealand

Nissan Note

please i need help in setting up my clock and dvd player please i cannot read the writing in Japanese

Submitted: 02/04/2015 02:08:51 | ID: 114192

patricia walker, New Zealand

Nissan Note

i would like to no how to set up my clock and dvd player as it is all in japanese

Submitted: 02/04/2015 02:06:49 | ID: 114191

k edwards, Lancashire

Nissan Note

key fob stopped working any you can help me

Submitted: 31/03/2015 18:50:58 | ID: 114136

Norman Humphreys, Berkshire

Nissan Note

Have a faulty horn, checked fuses under the hood and these are OK, tried switching them but the horn still would not work? Suspect the fault lies with faulty wiring / connection under the steering wheel, though how you remove the steering wheel is a mystery. Is there an alternative less expensive solution to the problem? Can an auxilary horn to be fitted? I have still to find where the horn is located in the engine compartment? Any advice apppreciated.

Submitted: 25/03/2015 23:21:34 | ID: 113861

Norman Humphreys, Berkshire

Nissan Note

The horn on my 2006 Note has failed. Have checked 10amp fuses under the hood and these are alright. I suspect the problem lies with the wiring and loss of connection under the steering wheel. What is the solution? Any ideas anyone? A DIY solution may be be to fit an auxilary horn with a switch on the instrument panel to comply with MOT requirements? Comments appreciated

Submitted: 25/03/2015 23:05:38 | ID: 113860

MSR, Cyprus

Nissan Note

I would like to know if there is a way of unlocking a car from the inside? I am paranoid about children getting accidentally locked in and I want to teach them how to open the car from inside in case they ever get locked inside

Submitted: 25/03/2015 15:22:26 | ID: 113826

Rachel, Durham

Nissan Note

Hello, my CD player is not playing any CD I put into it. It keeps saying CD error, eject CD. I have tried playing a lens cleaner, but it won't even play that. Does anyone know what it might be?

Submitted: 05/03/2015 11:18:15 | ID: 112791

Chris Oliver, Merseyside

Nissan Note

When starting my car the AC light comes on

Submitted: 02/03/2015 16:50:11 | ID: 112591

Kevin, Ireland

Nissan Note

Hi Guys, I have recently noticed my Radiator just turns off and on when ever it feels like it for a short period of time. It tends to turn on when i hit a ramp or pot hole. Any ideas?

Submitted: 24/02/2015 17:35:14 | ID: 112262

Robert, Hampshire

Nissan Note

When I bought this vehicle in 2006 from new I had headlight covers fitted by the manufacturer before purchase. Since then the covers have turned yellow and one has a hole in it. I wish to remove them but not sure how to. I believe they were moulded on. I would appreciate any help on how to do this. Thank you

My front lights are blipping and the car is not respond to the key to open andeas from Cyprus

Submitted: 15/02/2015 20:57:10 | ID: 111613

Ann Wells, Flintshire

Nissan Note

My automatic switch for my headlights has stopped working as well as the intermitant switch for the windscreen wipers. I looked in the user manual but there is no information, can you help?

Submitted: 09/02/2015 11:21:42 | ID: 111179

veronica, Kent

Nissan Note

Hi Had problem with my boot today, although the electronic switch is working, can't open the boot. Switch still clicks and locks doors etc. Had a problem a year ago when had to have wiring replaced at top of rear window, as apparently over the years water had got into the cable and ruined it. That time there was no click from the switch. Wondered if due to very cold weather perhaps something was frozen in the lock, but don't know how to check? Never had this exact fault before and never with weather. When wiring was replaced it was autumn. Any ideas???

Submitted: 07/02/2015 00:24:02 | ID: 111033

lisa williams, Lincolnshire

Nissan Note

Hi Could anybody help me,I have a Nissan note 07 and just recently my passenger door won't open i can unlock it but none can get in it i have to open it from the inside I've tried the emergency key and doesn't work. Can anyone help

Submitted: 01/02/2015 14:36:54 | ID: 110670

Lola, Kent

Nissan Note

My Nissan Note auto 1.6 petrol car with intelligent keys makes this clicking sound (similar to when you lock or unlock the car) about every 5-10 minutes which is only noticeable when parked. What is this and what can I do about it?

Submitted: 21/01/2015 22:05:15 | ID: 110061

Paul Jackson, Stoke-on-Trent

Nissan Note

I am having problems when entering the details on the Sat Nav Connect system. I am trying to enter a location as "Newcastle Under Lyme" but it defaults to Newcastle Upon Tyne and a few other derivatives before I can get to the "under Lyme". Is it possible to over-ride the prescriptive text on the Sat Nav.

Submitted: 16/01/2015 19:21:12 | ID: 109686

Elaine, Middlesex

Nissan Note

Whilst the rev counter is reading fine the engine sounds as if the revs are running far too slow. For example if in 4th or 5th gear it sounds like you are only in 2nd gear yet the rev counter reads fine. Anyone else have this?

Hi Elaine Sorry I don't have an answer but I'm having the same problem did you find out what the problem was? Scott Scott sage from Bridgend

Submitted: 13/01/2015 12:03:48 | ID: 109454

Jashvant, Kent

Nissan Note

Does it have ca belt or timing chain and after what mileage does it have to be replaced?

Jashvant the Note has a cam belt not chain and usually needs changing at 70,000 but for me I would do it a little sooner, better safe than sorry. M McGowan from Staffordshire

Submitted: 05/01/2015 20:38:04 | ID: 108987

Shashi, Middlesex

Nissan Note

I removed the battery and the radio stopped working. I entered the wrong code a few times and it now shows LOCKED. I have tried removing the battery for 10 hours but the Locked sign does not go. Can anyone there help me?Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 05/01/2015 17:53:23 | ID: 108966

Christine Chalmers, West Lothian

Nissan Note

Car wouldn't start, engine oil pressure warning light on red. Malfunction warning light on. PS light on red. What is wrong. hasn't been serviced for over a year but prior to that it was serviced regularly. Never had any problems since I purchased it brand new. HELP

Submitted: 29/12/2014 12:44:04 | ID: 108589

Joanna, Lancashire

Nissan Note

Please can anybody help me with registering with Nissan Connect? Every time I put my username and password it's coming up with "head unit used by other user, please contact customer services". I have done this and they don't understand what I have to do. I am the first owner of the car so nobody else could have registered it. I`ve asked customer services to delete my account so I can make a brand new one but it still gives me this message. I have a 64 plate Nissan 1.2 digs comfort if that makes any difference to diagnosing what the problem is. It's driving me mad trying to register to Nissan Connect. Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 20/12/2014 01:07:06 | ID: 108165

mathew, Kenya

Nissan Note

Hi all. My Nissan Note makes a small quacking like sound when I turn the steering to either side. What could that be? Please assist.

Submitted: 19/12/2014 08:12:34 | ID: 108120