NISSAN NOTE questions and answers

NISSAN Note

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NOTE models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NOTE. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NOTE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Carl, Essex

Nissan Note

My Nissan Note 1.4 petrol shakes when it`s ticking over and is difficult to change gear when driving. What could the problem be?

Submitted: 28/09/2014 08:45:16 | ID: 103738

Lorraine munro, New Zealand

Nissan Note

Have new battery in my 2006 Nissan note but it is going flat old one done same so brought a new one. What could be draining the battery it is in park key switch is on off all doors shut no lights left on ?

Submitted: 27/09/2014 04:14:24 | ID: 103700

Pam Walker, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Note

Please can you tell me if it is possible to chnage the voice on my 2014 Nissn Note sat vav system, the system is working fine, but the voice is rather annoying and I would like to change it to a less irritating one. Thanks Pam Walker.

Submitted: 19/09/2014 21:32:47 | ID: 103325

Dave, City Of Leicester

Nissan Note

It`s a Nissan Note n tec + 1400 petrol year 2013. When you change gear it makes a clunking sound. It`s not the gears, it`s the sound from the movement of the gear stick, is that normal? Should you be able to hear a sound like that?

Submitted: 14/09/2014 23:31:25 | ID: 103102

Is it true you need a new chain after 70000 miles on a Nissan Note 1.4

Submitted: 04/09/2014 18:34:40 | ID: 102611

Tia, Dublin

Nissan Note

How long does it take to fit a new chain on . Thanks

Submitted: 04/09/2014 18:28:00 | ID: 102610

Keith Ansell, Conwy

Nissan Note

If the battery is disconnected for a moment or so does it cause any problems ?

Submitted: 04/09/2014 09:07:30 | ID: 102581

Michael, Zimbabwe

Nissan Note

This vehicle has faults that the Nissan agents cannot repair. I have taken the vehicle back 3 times for starting problems and the vehicle keeps getting an airlock in the diesel system. Every time I want to start it it`s a hard start. The acceleration sensor once packed in but has been restored. How does this starting problem get fixed? Nissan Np300

Submitted: 03/09/2014 11:33:57 | ID: 102549

Alistair Clarke, New Zealand

Nissan Note

Hi. We have a 2005 Nissan Note. As a Japanese import into New Zealand, it has no User manual with it in English. So we are left in the dark regarding some of the features of our vehicle, though I did manage to download as a pdf file a user manual for the 2010 Note. But of course some of what is contained in this, does not apply to our 2005 vehicle. In particular, when the petrol light goes on, we do not have any indication how much petrol remains in the tank , which sometimes results in running out of petrol. Does anyone have an idea of approximately how much is left in the petrol tank of a 2005 Note when the petrol warning light come on please? Thank you. Alistair

Submitted: 25/08/2014 12:13:56 | ID: 102076

ward, Greater London

Nissan Note

when i drive the abs and esp light on dash comes on and break pedal judders

Submitted: 18/08/2014 07:17:58 | ID: 101676

chin tee lau, East Renfrewshire

Nissan Note

lose the fixed number card of my audio unit, how to unlock?

Submitted: 15/08/2014 13:57:16 | ID: 101544

Douglas, South Lanarkshire

Nissan Note

Cannot open rear hatch. All other doors react with key activation. Can you advise action to be taken?

I can't open hatch to access boot but can open all other doors. Any ideas on how I can remedy this? Helen from South Lanarkshire

Wiring by the tailgate hinge is broken. You take off the tailgate, tailgate lining off to undo the tailgate. Vaughan from Essex

Submitted: 11/08/2014 14:08:34 | ID: 101328

jamil, Southampton

Nissan Note

i cant get connected to my sat nav on my new nissan note on the screen it says the pin is locked

Submitted: 07/08/2014 22:25:55 | ID: 101108

jamil, Southampton

Nissan Note

my new nissan note cars sat nav is locked how does find out the pin

Submitted: 07/08/2014 22:20:04 | ID: 101107

paul wiltshire, Swindon

Nissan Note

The front spotlights are on permanently. Can they be turned off?

Submitted: 01/08/2014 22:45:36 | ID: 100742

C. Bull, Kent

Nissan Note

Can I have automatic folding side mirrors fitted to my new Acenta 1.2 DIG-S CVT and if so how much would it cost?

Submitted: 26/07/2014 20:46:54 | ID: 100394

Suleyman, Greater London

Nissan Note

Hi i buy nissan neto last month and i check the logbook and dont wright code for the radio so i want radio code how i can fined plase help me

Try to get it from the last owner if possible. It can be obtained from a Nissan dealer but costs £50. pegasus1 from Essex

Submitted: 15/07/2014 19:28:53 | ID: 99733

Helen waters, Greater Manchester

Nissan Note

Bought a Nissan note 1.4 acenta in April. But when changing gear it is loud and clunky especially when changing from 2nd to 3rd gear is this normal for this car?

Submitted: 15/07/2014 17:30:25 | ID: 99723

Simon Johnston, Middlesex

Nissan Note

Hi, we just bought this car brand new but the auto-stop is driving my husband mad!! Is there any way of turning it off? Thank you

There is an on/off switch on the right hand side of the dash board. It's near the controls for the electric wings mirrors. Hope this helps :) Lee Halliday from Tyne and Wear

Submitted: 04/07/2014 21:37:11 | ID: 98976

Doug, Durham

Nissan Note

Why is there no outside temperature indicator on my new Note Acenta? Surely this is not now an optional extra?

Submitted: 17/06/2014 10:33:35 | ID: 97874

mickeden, Greater London

Nissan Note

Learn about the controls and dashboard display

Submitted: 08/06/2014 19:52:46 | ID: 97232

noel toyloy, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note

Hello can any one please help me help med with my. Problem i have a 56 plateau note i change my head unit and put a used dvd in it when i put the radio. In the car it would not start turn turn over then cut out I check the fuse an all fine

Submitted: 08/06/2014 17:55:29 | ID: 97221

Rob Stokes, Tyne and Wear

Nissan Note

Can someone please tell me how to get the cover off of the IPDM box in order to get at the fuses for the rear wiper.

Submitted: 04/06/2014 15:39:45 | ID: 96898

Lindsay, North Lanarkshire

Nissan Note

The horn has stopped working. Any advice please?

My horn is not working. While driving in third gear and I want to slow down slowly, when I apply the brake alone just halfway the speed increases, then before I have to use the clutch to it, other than that it will not stop? Wisdom aboagye from City of Nottingham

Submitted: 28/05/2014 05:50:23 | ID: 96311

shaukat, Pakistan

Nissan Note

My fuel gauge is giving false indication. If the tank is full it would show half. Can u please guide me what to do and suggest me video how to replace / repair it.

Submitted: 28/05/2014 04:16:57 | ID: 96302

Richard, Durham

Nissan Note

How many power points are there?

Two power points: one in the front below the stereo and one in the back. Jo Parish from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 24/05/2014 18:36:06 | ID: 96079

chippie shaibu, Malawi

Nissan Note

my nissan note has a problem when i pless the gas peddle it does not not pic up that fast, any solutions please

Submitted: 21/05/2014 12:59:23 | ID: 95842

Alan, Spain

Nissan Note

Where is the Oxygen mass flow meter situated?

Submitted: 16/05/2014 10:15:49 | ID: 95584

shiraz, West Midlands

Nissan Note

The brake light on the passenger side of my 2007 SVC 1.6 Nissan Note does not turn on whereas the other two lights (i.e. the driver`s side and the one at the centre) both turn on. I changed the passenger side bulb but it did not solve the problem. May I know what is the problem and how can I rectify it? Many thanks.

Submitted: 05/05/2014 20:07:11 | ID: 95133

len dunster, Scottish Borders

Nissan Note

How many miles before it needs a timing belt change?

Submitted: 05/05/2014 16:43:57 | ID: 95120

Fiona, Warrington

Nissan Note

I recently purchased a Nissan Note and when locking the vehicle the wing mirror makes a clicking motor noise, what is this and how can it be fixed. Thank you in anticipation

Submitted: 02/05/2014 20:29:20 | ID: 94998

Gemma, Blackpool

Nissan Note

Please can you tell me if the car has child locks and if so where are they and how do I put them on. Thanks

When you open the rear doors you should see a small knob under the word LOCK. Slide this knob and this shoul engage the child lock. Hope that helps Fiona from Warrington

Submitted: 30/04/2014 10:23:24 | ID: 94903

John, Essex

Nissan Note

My Map screen no longer shows the radio channel select buttons when the radio is on...how do I get them back!!

Submitted: 10/04/2014 19:07:45 | ID: 94082

Anne Young, New Zealand

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note has a keyless locking / starting system and a month ago it started having a problem with the remote door locking system which will not open the hatch/boot or the driver`s door. Can someone please give me some idea of what the problem could be?

Hi, could be a flat battery in the remote. David L from New Zealand

Submitted: 04/04/2014 11:05:18 | ID: 93867

Ray Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

How do I leave the sidelights on my Nissan Note when parked? I`ve tried different methods but when I remove the key they don`t stop on? (1.6 tekna auto)

Submitted: 04/04/2014 10:37:05 | ID: 93809

Joe Steele, England

Nissan Note 2010

Can I remove the rear bench seat in my Nissan Note but leave the back support in position? This will enable me to more easily lift and fit a wheelchair into the car, much easier than lifting it into the boot. Many thanks for advice.

Submitted: 03/04/2014 12:22:08 | ID: 93849

Patrick Kelly, Lancashire

Nissan Note 2009

What are the recommended timing belt change intervals for my Nissan Note? Should I change the belt even though the car has only done 24,000mls? (n-tec automatic)

Nissan Notes have timing chains if petrol, while diesels have belts. Ray Thomas from Northumberland

Submitted: 01/04/2014 12:19:10 | ID: 93776

Mutala Issahaku, Ghana

Nissan Note 2007

My Nissan Note can`t climb a hill, it`s like the engine wants to turn off. What is the problem? Secondly I need a complete dashboard, can you help me to buy one? Thank you.

Submitted: 28/03/2014 16:33:47 | ID: 93613

Phil Kash, Malawi

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note is producing a cranking sound when I turn on the ignition key. The sound is heard from the engine (front). I`m scared what could this be? Help me please?

Submitted: 17/03/2014 11:54:48 | ID: 62921