NISSAN NOTE questions and answers

NISSAN Note

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NOTE models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NOTE. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NOTE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Suleyman, Greater London

Nissan Note

Hi i buy nissan neto last month and i check the logbook and dont wright code for the radio so i want radio code how i can fined plase help me

Try to get it from the last owner if possible. It can be obtained from a Nissan dealer but costs £50. pegasus1 from Essex

Submitted: 15/07/2014 19:28:53 | ID: 99733

Helen waters, Greater Manchester

Nissan Note

Bought a Nissan note 1.4 acenta in April. But when changing gear it is loud and clunky especially when changing from 2nd to 3rd gear is this normal for this car?

Submitted: 15/07/2014 17:30:25 | ID: 99723

Simon Johnston, Middlesex

Nissan Note

Hi, we just bought this car brand new but the auto-stop is driving my husband mad!! Is there any way of turning it off? Thank you

Submitted: 04/07/2014 21:37:11 | ID: 98976

Doug, Durham

Nissan Note

Why is there no outside temperature indicator on my new Note Acenta? Surely this is not now an optional extra?

Submitted: 17/06/2014 10:33:35 | ID: 97874

mickeden, Greater London

Nissan Note

Learn about the controls and dashboard display

Submitted: 08/06/2014 19:52:46 | ID: 97232

noel toyloy, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note

Hello can any one please help me help med with my. Problem i have a 56 plateau note i change my head unit and put a used dvd in it when i put the radio. In the car it would not start turn turn over then cut out I check the fuse an all fine

Submitted: 08/06/2014 17:55:29 | ID: 97221

Rob Stokes, Tyne and Wear

Nissan Note

Can someone please tell me how to get the cover off of the IPDM box in order to get at the fuses for the rear wiper.

Submitted: 04/06/2014 15:39:45 | ID: 96898

Lindsay, North Lanarkshire

Nissan Note

The horn has stopped working. Any advice please?

Submitted: 28/05/2014 05:50:23 | ID: 96311

shaukat, Pakistan

Nissan Note

My fuel gauge is giving false indication. If the tank is full it would show half. Can u please guide me what to do and suggest me video how to replace / repair it.

Submitted: 28/05/2014 04:16:57 | ID: 96302

Richard, Durham

Nissan Note

How many power points are there?

Two power points: one in the front below the stereo and one in the back. Jo Parish from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 24/05/2014 18:36:06 | ID: 96079

chippie shaibu, Malawi

Nissan Note

my nissan note has a problem when i pless the gas peddle it does not not pic up that fast, any solutions please

Submitted: 21/05/2014 12:59:23 | ID: 95842

Alan, Spain

Nissan Note

Where is the Oxygen mass flow meter situated?

Submitted: 16/05/2014 10:15:49 | ID: 95584

shiraz, West Midlands

Nissan Note

The brake light on the passenger side of my 2007 SVC 1.6 Nissan Note does not turn on whereas the other two lights (i.e. the driver`s side and the one at the centre) both turn on. I changed the passenger side bulb but it did not solve the problem. May I know what is the problem and how can I rectify it? Many thanks.

Submitted: 05/05/2014 20:07:11 | ID: 95133

len dunster, Scottish Borders

Nissan Note

How many miles before it needs a timing belt change?

Submitted: 05/05/2014 16:43:57 | ID: 95120

Fiona, Warrington

Nissan Note

I recently purchased a Nissan Note and when locking the vehicle the wing mirror makes a clicking motor noise, what is this and how can it be fixed. Thank you in anticipation

Submitted: 02/05/2014 20:29:20 | ID: 94998

Gemma, Blackpool

Nissan Note

Please can you tell me if the car has child locks and if so where are they and how do I put them on. Thanks

When you open the rear doors you should see a small knob under the word LOCK. Slide this knob and this shoul engage the child lock. Hope that helps Fiona from Warrington

Submitted: 30/04/2014 10:23:24 | ID: 94903

John, Essex

Nissan Note

My Map screen no longer shows the radio channel select buttons when the radio is on...how do I get them back!!

Submitted: 10/04/2014 19:07:45 | ID: 94082

Anne Young, New Zealand

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note has a keyless locking / starting system and a month ago it started having a problem with the remote door locking system which will not open the hatch/boot or the driver`s door. Can someone please give me some idea of what the problem could be?

Hi, could be a flat battery in the remote. David L from New Zealand

Submitted: 04/04/2014 11:05:18 | ID: 93867

Ray Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

How do I leave the sidelights on my Nissan Note when parked? I`ve tried different methods but when I remove the key they don`t stop on? (1.6 tekna auto)

Submitted: 04/04/2014 10:37:05 | ID: 93809

Joe Steele, England

Nissan Note 2010

Can I remove the rear bench seat in my Nissan Note but leave the back support in position? This will enable me to more easily lift and fit a wheelchair into the car, much easier than lifting it into the boot. Many thanks for advice.

Submitted: 03/04/2014 12:22:08 | ID: 93849

Patrick Kelly, Lancashire

Nissan Note 2009

What are the recommended timing belt change intervals for my Nissan Note? Should I change the belt even though the car has only done 24,000mls? (n-tec automatic)

Nissan Notes have timing chains if petrol, while diesels have belts. Ray Thomas from Northumberland

Submitted: 01/04/2014 12:19:10 | ID: 93776

Mutala Issahaku, Ghana

Nissan Note 2007

My Nissan Note can`t climb a hill, it`s like the engine wants to turn off. What is the problem? Secondly I need a complete dashboard, can you help me to buy one? Thank you.

Submitted: 28/03/2014 16:33:47 | ID: 93613

Phil Kash, Malawi

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note is producing a cranking sound when I turn on the ignition key. The sound is heard from the engine (front). I`m scared what could this be? Help me please?

Submitted: 17/03/2014 11:54:48 | ID: 62921

Tammecia Whitley, Jamaica

Nissan Note 2007

Hi, for about a year now my Nissan Note has had starting problems. The engine cranks but it just won’t start and it cranks until the battery goes dead and remains like that for up to 3 days and just starts up again, like nothing was wrong. It only does that in the mornings on a cold engine. I`ve changed the crank and cam sensors, plugs, gas pump and filter and relay but still no change. I need help. Does anybody have any of these problems?

Submitted: 21/02/2014 15:18:45 | ID: 62288

Francean Alexander, England

Nissan Note 2006

I cannot turn off a small light in the boot of my Nissan Note and I am scared it will drain my battery. I have lost my instruction manual. How do I turn it off?

The light should go out when the car is driving and when you take the key out and press the lock on the key. I have same problem with mine, but I have not got to the cause of the problem yet. Stephen McBride from Scotland

HI HAD THE SAME CONCERN.I JUST TOOK THE BULB OUT.BEST REGARDS RICHARD Richard from Derbyshire

Submitted: 18/02/2014 11:33:52 | ID: 62048

Inaki Bengoechea, Spain

Nissan Note 2012

Regarding the Nissan Note’s boot with the rear seats set back, is the hole left between the seats and the rear shelf covered by something? Thanks.

Under the removable back shelf there is a roll black cloth with velcro to pull over the hole. Stephen McBride from Scotland

Submitted: 11/02/2014 10:41:33 | ID: 61891

Reza Rezaei, England

Nissan Note 2010

My Nissan Note’s radio needs a code and I have followed the handbook with no success at all. I waited an hour and then put the code in, but no result yet and the screen just reads code in. I wonder how can I get the serial number without taking the radio out?

Dear Reza, assuming you have the correct radio code from Nissan, follow this procedure. Example:- If your radio code were 5078 switch on the radio and wait for the message to supply code. Press the radio station button labelled "1" five times, do not press the button "2" as it starts at 0, press the button "3" seven times and then the button labelled "4" eight times. Obviously you must follow this style of entry for whatever radio code you have. Now after checking that the screen shows the correct 4 digits, press and hold the fast forward button labelled >> for about five seconds. The radio should beep and come to life ready for you to retune. The owner manual’s advice to use the TA button is incorrect. Jeremy Goldbloom from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 30/01/2014 11:20:12 | ID: 53402

Lucy Scott, Swansea

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note keeps losing momentum as if the petrol is not flowing through, then takes off again without warning. I put redex in the tank and also had new platinum plugs put in last week, but it`s still the same. The garage doesn’t seem to be able to find the problem. Any suggestions please? (Acenta)

Hi if your note is 1.4 it’s likely to be oxygen/lambda sensor more likely to be the rear one. Maz from England

Submitted: 21/01/2014 12:14:53 | ID: 57962

Ken Bebbington, Cheshire

Nissan Note 2011

How do you remove the airbox of my Nissan Note engine cr14de to get at the plugs?

Submitted: 17/01/2014 11:47:37 | ID: 57997

Barry Griffiths, England

Nissan Note 2008

Hi, my Nissan Note has delivered creaks on both front offside and near side seats whch is worse when you go over speed bumps and potholes and uneven roads. It is annoying on long drives. I have sprayed the under seats with silicone but it has made no difference. I just wondered if you had any advice? Thanks.

Submitted: 02/01/2014 14:24:40 | ID: 60101

Allan Thomson, Hampshire

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note rapidly clicks when the key is turned but does not start. I charged the battery but it still will not start. Can someone tell me why please?

Your battery is done, need to get a new one. Ray Jones from England

Submitted: 02/01/2014 10:43:29 | ID: 60024

Marsel Jose, England

Nissan Note 2007

Could someone explain the method of entering the code to unlock the cd player in my Nissan Note 2007? I have the code. One of the code numbers is 0. Thanks.

Submitted: 31/12/2013 11:51:22 | ID: 59939

Linden Barber, Staffordshire

Nissan Note 2009

How do I change the rear tail light on my Nissan Note? I have tried to remove the light cluster but it will not move?

Submitted: 20/12/2013 11:57:38 | ID: 59564

Gary Lee, Turkey

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note number one fan inside the car is working for the heater. I took the fan out and tested it and it works fine. I checked fuses and all are okay. Light comes on on the dials but no fan is working and 2 rear doors for the tailgate will not open from outside. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:33:27 | ID: 59477

Sue Davis, Monmouthshire

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note`s rear window heater switch cover has been knocked off and lost. Can anyone suggest where I can get another one please? (automatic)

Submitted: 17/12/2013 09:15:03 | ID: 59395

Raymond Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

I have recently purchased a 1.6 automatic Nissan Note 2008 with 22,000 miles on the clock with full service history. When driven from cold or after standing for a period there is a click or clunk from under the car which sounds from around the gearbox. At approx 15 mph after this does not happen anymore. When slowing down or when stopping it does not happen until the car has stopped for a long period again. I can drive for miles with no noise until the car has stood for a period of time, otherwise no problem with gears very smooth. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks. (mpv auto 1.6)

It’s the normal function of the ABS self-test. Read your manual! Hidee from London

Submitted: 26/11/2013 14:34:51 | ID: 58627

Ray Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

When my Nissan Note is driven from cold or not used for approx one hour, at around 15 mph there is a click from what sounds like the gearbox, then no more after driving for hours till starting from rest again. What could be causing this? (tekna auto)

Submitted: 25/11/2013 10:58:49 | ID: 58550

Paul Thomas, England

Nissan Note 2010

When the outside temperature is below 4 degrees my Nissan Note`s temperature light flashes. This is very distracting. Can it be turned off?

The temperature waring light can not be turned off as it is a safety feature deployed by Nissan to maximise the drivers awareness of the current road conditions and the potential of ice on the roads. You can however press the information button (marked as an I) on the steering wheel to change the displayed function from temperature warning to mileage count, miles per gallon and others. Driver controls are only available on mid-high spec models, however, the black push levers on the left hand side of the speedometer unit can be pressed to change the display function on the dash also. Hope this helps. Seamus Connor from County Antrim

Submitted: 21/11/2013 16:35:55 | ID: 58186

Brian Dawes, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Note 2007

When changing gear my Nissan Note is very noisy. Any suggestions what to do?

Submitted: 05/11/2013 14:42:36 | ID: 57347

Darren, England

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note`s rear wiper will not return to it`s normal position. What can I do?

Submitted: 05/11/2013 11:32:50 | ID: 57390