NISSAN NOTE questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NOTE models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NOTE. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NOTE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Noe Zondola, Malawi

Nissan Note

My car suddenly jerks and stops. Sometimes when I put the Drive gear it also stops. Each time the car stops on the dash board there appears the words ABS. What could be the problem?

Submitted: 27/04/2016 04:28:22 | ID: 130880

Joyce skidmore, West Yorkshire

Nissan Note

How can I set the date in my Note car ?

Submitted: 16/04/2016 23:02:10 | ID: 130475

Wan lim, Middlesex

Nissan Note

Hi there on the way drive home all the different signal appear on deskboard and feel the stealing was heavy is it safe to drive for few days , is it expensive to fix ?

Wan, it is probably safe to drive for a couple of days but if it's related to the power steering you'll continue to have stiff steering.. just like the days before we had power steering. Being a fairly new model vehicle and a Nissan.. I'll bet that it WILL be expensive to fix R Evans from Caerphilly

Submitted: 11/04/2016 22:32:32 | ID: 130264

Patrick, Bahamas, The

Nissan Note

hello can someone tell me how do I get my cd player to skip in my 07 note it looks like its playing and recording and I cant skip the songs

Submitted: 06/04/2016 19:19:04 | ID: 130031

Lekani Lex Msukwa, Malawi

Nissan Note

Am having a nissan note 2007 it was running ok but when i stopped its not starting and the radiator cooling fan is coming oo when ignition its on position,i have tried to clean all ground points still the car won,t start i even changed cam sharft sensor still the same, please if anyone knows the fault help me.

Submitted: 29/03/2016 11:13:56 | ID: 129618

Ken, Kenya

Nissan Note

I had my engine washed but now the car has no power when I engage reverse gear or drive. It revs fully but has no power.

Submitted: 06/03/2016 19:13:28 | ID: 128644

jason, Jamaica

Nissan Note

car keeps shutting off and restart itself

Submitted: 01/03/2016 22:55:30 | ID: 128406

Dorothy,, Oxfordshire

Nissan Note

The ABS warning light is now permanently on and speedo no longer work. Initially the light flashed on for a short period then went out. Any ideas please. Local auto electrics experts diagnostics won't/can't read the ABS sensors.

Submitted: 26/02/2016 13:34:31 | ID: 128201

Kike Oyewale, Essex

Nissan Note

Hi when I start my nissan note it comes up with a negative number on that dash board before then saying oil good what might be the cause of its number showing.

Submitted: 24/02/2016 18:50:04 | ID: 128110

moobarack auckburally, Southampton

Nissan Note

Engine management is on permanently.it was coming on and off previously.i have had it reset but it comes back again

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be both "Lamda Sensors" in the exhaust, so maybe give it a read and see what codes come out. Haven't had the issue since! N Mutlow from Gwent

Submitted: 15/02/2016 17:10:23 | ID: 127642

Steff, Hertfordshire

Nissan Note

Why does the stop start auto light start flashing? Why does the cancel button not stop this light from flashing. It is most distracting.

Submitted: 14/02/2016 17:20:15 | ID: 127569

Alex Terry, West Midlands

Nissan Note

Hi, When I turn the ignition there is a warning number of -443 with the spanner icon. Any ideas what that means? Cheers

Take it to the Nissan dealer for a reset, usually this happens when the car has just been serviced. Most importantly, it is free. Billy from Essex

Submitted: 09/02/2016 18:15:13 | ID: 127344

Alex Terry, West Midlands

Submitted: 09/02/2016 18:09:56 | ID: 127343

Susie, Tyne and Wear

Nissan Note

The radio comes on when the engine starts however display screen goes blank and the radio can remain on. It can also remain on after the engine has been turned off. I recently had to disconnect the aerial - could this be a factor? I am reluctant to put radio on in case it drains the battery when car is stationary. Unable to use sat nav or Bluetooth - can you provide advice please

Submitted: 24/01/2016 12:27:58 | ID: 126618

john simpson, Nottinghamshire

Nissan Note

hi i have a nissan note 2010 and when i get to 30 mph it sounds like my exhaust is blowing. i took it into the garage but they said there is nothing wrong with it. i have checked if something is catching but i cant see anything so does anyone have any suggestions

Try to replace exhaust silencer Abraham from Kenya

Submitted: 13/01/2016 19:58:38 | ID: 126076

andrew varrie, Somerset

Nissan Note

My auto start indicator on dash board has suddenly started flashing for no reason . Why is this and how do you stop it . Just bought the car and have used the start stop mots of the time by means of the clutch start . Now it flashes on the dash board even if you have the switch on or off

Submitted: 10/01/2016 13:42:19 | ID: 125855

davidjohnrhodes321@gmail.com, Yorkshire

Nissan Note

Will not stay in cruise . Coolant light comes on and then gos out new thermostat fitted new coolest sensor fitted still same problems. Any ideas. Nissan garage have done all the work.

Submitted: 08/12/2015 17:49:53 | ID: 124480

benson gioko, Kenya

Nissan Note

the Nissan note occasionally looses power while driving long distances, and on restarting all gets well.

Submitted: 04/12/2015 11:06:58 | ID: 124341

Japan Auto Limited, Malawi

Nissan Note

How to re-set back the memory of Nissan Note because injectors are not bringing fuel and coils are not also producing fire

Submitted: 03/12/2015 14:50:11 | ID: 124311

CB, Middlesex

Nissan Note

Just bought this 1 yr old car. Warning/indicator lights for Lane Departure and also Blind Spot Warning Remain on throughout journey. Any ideas how to remedy?

Submitted: 24/11/2015 18:02:46 | ID: 123942

Judith Reynolds, Northumberland

Nissan Note

The on board system verbal message " Danger due to faulty vehicle" this said 3 times during a 30 minute drive to work. There were no other on board signs that came on, the only thing that did happen was the petrol indicator very momentarily when out but immediately came back on. I had been in stationary traffic during the journey. This verbal message has occurred before but my vehicle has never had any problems and I put it down to a sat nav error?

Submitted: 18/11/2015 13:58:34 | ID: 123649

David Stevenson, Nottinghamshire

Nissan Note

How can I tell if the Note Tekna that I have recently purchased is a DIG-S model. ( there is no badge indicating this on the vehicle )

Submitted: 16/11/2015 14:35:11 | ID: 123577

Fred Dorward, Essex

Nissan Note

All seems to be fine except there is NO display of the clock on Connect albeit I have done all the setting up for the correct AM/PM time to BE displayed. The clock on the Connect SHOULD be displayed from the beginning albeit out of sync and the adjustment[s] ought to do it but NO.

I am looking for an answer to the question posed. P Clark from Oxfordshire

I am looking for an answer as well. Some say it requires a dealer to activate it. Very odd way to go about things. Bob from Wiltshire

Submitted: 13/11/2015 14:22:11 | ID: 123458

k gouldson, Merseyside

Nissan Note

can't change time on clock although it's still working ? just not right time

Submitted: 06/11/2015 13:18:39 | ID: 123219

benson gioko, Kenya

Nissan Note

the car slightly losses power after a bump..though not often, this happens occasionally.

Submitted: 02/11/2015 07:12:36 | ID: 123008

andy, Norfolk

Nissan Note

I need to remove the rear hatch liner to get to the wiper motor how can I do this? thank all for answering this .

Submitted: 01/11/2015 18:56:36 | ID: 122992

Jackie, Bristol

Nissan Note

My Nissan Note has started Jerking every time i turn on the car and i have left it on parking for a long time when i engage the reverse gear it takes like 2 minutes or so to engage to reverse but at times i have to accelerate inorder for it to engage the reverse gear. I just had the CVT 2 fluid changed and the car is still jerking. What could be the problem is it the gear mount please help

Submitted: 13/10/2015 13:16:52 | ID: 122273

teresa, Leicestershire

Nissan Note

I have a Nissan Note 08 plate I've noticed when it's cold and go up Road it judders losses power for 3 seconds then kicks in again is it just cold and is the choke or something else

Submitted: 13/10/2015 10:53:21 | ID: 122268

Stephen Barnett, Tyne and Wear

Nissan Note

When i brake hard i hear a beep noise from the dash area is this normal

Submitted: 12/10/2015 11:46:13 | ID: 122219

Diane Ball, City of Derby

Nissan Note

I have had 2 previous Nissan notes with no problem. This is a lease car and I didn`t realise that air-con was not included. I find that if it rains heavily every window in the car fogs up despite having fan on an the window open a crack (which is not ideal in heavy rain). If I am driving alone I can only wipe the windows closest to me. I am dreading my first autumn/winter with it as I`m finding it dangerous help!

Submitted: 10/10/2015 21:51:27 | ID: 122155

reno, Jamaica

Nissan Note

any idea on how to keep the LCD playing a video while driving

Submitted: 07/10/2015 01:13:07 | ID: 122062

David Hardie, North Lanarkshire

Nissan Note

I would like to have a power point in the rear of the car. is this readily possible ?

Submitted: 29/09/2015 20:16:14 | ID: 121785

Rod, Stirling

Nissan Note

I am shortly going to be driving in Portugal where it is illegal to have radar detection equipment in any vehicle. My sat nav has it built in. How can I turn it off?

Submitted: 24/09/2015 13:38:14 | ID: 121588

Roger John, Norfolk

Nissan Note

my satnav/radio is asking for a pin number which I never had given when I bought the car how do I get a new pin number as my satnav has stopped working and keeps asking for a number I do not have. I would appreciate some help. Many thanks

Submitted: 10/09/2015 13:09:21 | ID: 120997

Belinda Hall, Armagh

Nissan Note

Just lent my Note to my daughter, when she was putting the car seats in for the grandkids, she left the keys in the rear door and the car locked itself. I had to go home and get the spare keys. She has just delivered e car back and reports that the car did this again, the keys were in her cardigan pocket so no chance of the button being pressed. The dealers are unimpressed. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi This morning my Nissan note locked with my 2 yr old and 3 week old child in it. The engine was running and keys were in ignition. The engine had to be on for DVD player (mounted in front of 2 year old) to work. She(2year old) wanted to watch frozen, so I shut her door to go to front passenger door. It was locked, her door was now locked, the whole car was locked. With me (and wife) on outside and kids on inside. Resisting the urge to smash a window.....called police. In the time it took for police to come ( only10 mins) 2 year old managed to work out to open door.....luckily I had not tightened straps on her car seat....as I was going to put frozen on and secure her. I was frantic ....and at a loss as to how a car locks itself with engine running....(wife even had spare key but it did nothing). I have since looked at you tube and seen that there is a manual lock hidden under the trim on the passenger side....there is a picture of a key on it. But I had no idea about it. Chad from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 14/08/2015 19:17:24 | ID: 119786

bernice, Kent

Nissan Note

the speedo has stoped working

Submitted: 02/08/2015 22:54:39 | ID: 119259

Steve w, Northamptonshire

Nissan Note

On acceleration there is a long delay before engine accelerates

Submitted: 18/07/2015 11:00:54 | ID: 118587

pete, West Midlands

Nissan Note

my horn does not work when steering wheel is central but does work if you tilt the wheel slightly to the left or right.

Submitted: 15/07/2015 13:35:57 | ID: 118479

tylah, Aberdeenshire

Nissan Note

Hi my nissan navara when its cold first thing in the morrning An the car has not been started since night befour the Car wont start it just keeps turning over i turn the key till the Glow light goss off an then try to start but as i said it just keeps Turning over still wont start. Dose anyone have any idear What it could be anyone know what it would be.

Submitted: 14/07/2015 16:37:21 | ID: 118457

Mr. Ed. Towell, East Riding of Yorkshire

Nissan Note

I have recentley purchased the above Nissan from a main dealer first reg new in 2014.. I am undecided as to the total mileage on the oddometer being correct. Is the total mileage recorded anywhere else in the vehicles circuitry. If the answer is yes then how do i access this information.

Submitted: 10/07/2015 09:45:39 | ID: 118286