NISSAN NOTE questions and answers

NISSAN Note

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN NOTE models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN NOTE. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN NOTE questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

John, Essex

Nissan Note

My Map screen no longer shows the radio channel select buttons when the radio is on...how do I get them back!!

Submitted: 10/04/2014 19:07:45 | ID: 94082

Anne Young, New Zealand

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note has a keyless locking / starting system and a month ago it started having a problem with the remote door locking system which will not open the hatch/boot or the driver`s door. Can someone please give me some idea of what the problem could be?

Hi, could be a flat battery in the remote. David L from New Zealand

Submitted: 04/04/2014 11:05:18 | ID: 93867

Ray Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

How do I leave the sidelights on my Nissan Note when parked? I`ve tried different methods but when I remove the key they don`t stop on? (1.6 tekna auto)

Submitted: 04/04/2014 10:37:05 | ID: 93809

Joe Steele, England

Nissan Note 2010

Can I remove the rear bench seat in my Nissan Note but leave the back support in position? This will enable me to more easily lift and fit a wheelchair into the car, much easier than lifting it into the boot. Many thanks for advice.

Submitted: 03/04/2014 12:22:08 | ID: 93849

Patrick Kelly, Lancashire

Nissan Note 2009

What are the recommended timing belt change intervals for my Nissan Note? Should I change the belt even though the car has only done 24,000mls? (n-tec automatic)

Nissan Notes have timing chains if petrol, while diesels have belts. Ray Thomas from Northumberland

Submitted: 01/04/2014 12:19:10 | ID: 93776

Mutala Issahaku, Ghana

Nissan Note 2007

My Nissan Note can`t climb a hill, it`s like the engine wants to turn off. What is the problem? Secondly I need a complete dashboard, can you help me to buy one? Thank you.

Submitted: 28/03/2014 16:33:47 | ID: 93613

Phil Kash, Malawi

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note is producing a cranking sound when I turn on the ignition key. The sound is heard from the engine (front). I`m scared what could this be? Help me please?

Submitted: 17/03/2014 11:54:48 | ID: 62921

Tammecia Whitley, Jamaica

Nissan Note 2007

Hi, for about a year now my Nissan Note has had starting problems. The engine cranks but it just won’t start and it cranks until the battery goes dead and remains like that for up to 3 days and just starts up again, like nothing was wrong. It only does that in the mornings on a cold engine. I`ve changed the crank and cam sensors, plugs, gas pump and filter and relay but still no change. I need help. Does anybody have any of these problems?

Submitted: 21/02/2014 15:18:45 | ID: 62288

Francean Alexander, England

Nissan Note 2006

I cannot turn off a small light in the boot of my Nissan Note and I am scared it will drain my battery. I have lost my instruction manual. How do I turn it off?

The light should go out when the car is driving and when you take the key out and press the lock on the key. I have same problem with mine, but I have not got to the cause of the problem yet. Stephen McBride from Scotland

HI HAD THE SAME CONCERN.I JUST TOOK THE BULB OUT.BEST REGARDS RICHARD Richard from Derbyshire

Submitted: 18/02/2014 11:33:52 | ID: 62048

Inaki Bengoechea, Spain

Nissan Note 2012

Regarding the Nissan Note’s boot with the rear seats set back, is the hole left between the seats and the rear shelf covered by something? Thanks.

Under the removable back shelf there is a roll black cloth with velcro to pull over the hole. Stephen McBride from Scotland

Submitted: 11/02/2014 10:41:33 | ID: 61891

Reza Rezaei, England

Nissan Note 2010

My Nissan Note’s radio needs a code and I have followed the handbook with no success at all. I waited an hour and then put the code in, but no result yet and the screen just reads code in. I wonder how can I get the serial number without taking the radio out?

Dear Reza, assuming you have the correct radio code from Nissan, follow this procedure. Example:- If your radio code were 5078 switch on the radio and wait for the message to supply code. Press the radio station button labelled "1" five times, do not press the button "2" as it starts at 0, press the button "3" seven times and then the button labelled "4" eight times. Obviously you must follow this style of entry for whatever radio code you have. Now after checking that the screen shows the correct 4 digits, press and hold the fast forward button labelled >> for about five seconds. The radio should beep and come to life ready for you to retune. The owner manual’s advice to use the TA button is incorrect. Jeremy Goldbloom from Hertfordshire

Submitted: 30/01/2014 11:20:12 | ID: 53402

Lucy Scott, Swansea

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note keeps losing momentum as if the petrol is not flowing through, then takes off again without warning. I put redex in the tank and also had new platinum plugs put in last week, but it`s still the same. The garage doesn’t seem to be able to find the problem. Any suggestions please? (Acenta)

Hi if your note is 1.4 it’s likely to be oxygen/lambda sensor more likely to be the rear one. Maz from England

Submitted: 21/01/2014 12:14:53 | ID: 57962

Ken Bebbington, Cheshire

Nissan Note 2011

How do you remove the airbox of my Nissan Note engine cr14de to get at the plugs?

Submitted: 17/01/2014 11:47:37 | ID: 57997

Barry Griffiths, England

Nissan Note 2008

Hi, my Nissan Note has delivered creaks on both front offside and near side seats whch is worse when you go over speed bumps and potholes and uneven roads. It is annoying on long drives. I have sprayed the under seats with silicone but it has made no difference. I just wondered if you had any advice? Thanks.

Submitted: 02/01/2014 14:24:40 | ID: 60101

Allan Thomson, Hampshire

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note rapidly clicks when the key is turned but does not start. I charged the battery but it still will not start. Can someone tell me why please?

Your battery is done, need to get a new one. Ray Jones from England

Submitted: 02/01/2014 10:43:29 | ID: 60024

Marsel Jose, England

Nissan Note 2007

Could someone explain the method of entering the code to unlock the cd player in my Nissan Note 2007? I have the code. One of the code numbers is 0. Thanks.

Submitted: 31/12/2013 11:51:22 | ID: 59939

Linden Barber, Staffordshire

Nissan Note 2009

How do I change the rear tail light on my Nissan Note? I have tried to remove the light cluster but it will not move?

Submitted: 20/12/2013 11:57:38 | ID: 59564

Gary Lee, Turkey

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note number one fan inside the car is working for the heater. I took the fan out and tested it and it works fine. I checked fuses and all are okay. Light comes on on the dials but no fan is working and 2 rear doors for the tailgate will not open from outside. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:33:27 | ID: 59477

Sue Davis, Monmouthshire

Nissan Note 2009

My Nissan Note`s rear window heater switch cover has been knocked off and lost. Can anyone suggest where I can get another one please? (automatic)

Submitted: 17/12/2013 09:15:03 | ID: 59395

Raymond Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

I have recently purchased a 1.6 automatic Nissan Note 2008 with 22,000 miles on the clock with full service history. When driven from cold or after standing for a period there is a click or clunk from under the car which sounds from around the gearbox. At approx 15 mph after this does not happen anymore. When slowing down or when stopping it does not happen until the car has stopped for a long period again. I can drive for miles with no noise until the car has stood for a period of time, otherwise no problem with gears very smooth. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks. (mpv auto 1.6)

It’s the normal function of the ABS self-test. Read your manual! Hidee from London

Submitted: 26/11/2013 14:34:51 | ID: 58627

Ray Thomas, Northumberland

Nissan Note 2008

When my Nissan Note is driven from cold or not used for approx one hour, at around 15 mph there is a click from what sounds like the gearbox, then no more after driving for hours till starting from rest again. What could be causing this? (tekna auto)

Submitted: 25/11/2013 10:58:49 | ID: 58550

Paul Thomas, England

Nissan Note 2010

When the outside temperature is below 4 degrees my Nissan Note`s temperature light flashes. This is very distracting. Can it be turned off?

The temperature waring light can not be turned off as it is a safety feature deployed by Nissan to maximise the drivers awareness of the current road conditions and the potential of ice on the roads. You can however press the information button (marked as an I) on the steering wheel to change the displayed function from temperature warning to mileage count, miles per gallon and others. Driver controls are only available on mid-high spec models, however, the black push levers on the left hand side of the speedometer unit can be pressed to change the display function on the dash also. Hope this helps. Seamus Connor from County Antrim

Submitted: 21/11/2013 16:35:55 | ID: 58186

Brian Dawes, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Note 2007

When changing gear my Nissan Note is very noisy. Any suggestions what to do?

Submitted: 05/11/2013 14:42:36 | ID: 57347

Darren, England

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note`s rear wiper will not return to it`s normal position. What can I do?

Submitted: 05/11/2013 11:32:50 | ID: 57390

JJ, Dorset

Nissan Note 2009

I often leave my 2009 Nissan Note`s sidelights lever on because the lights go out when I get out so no flat battery, but they come on again when I switch on the engine. Tonight in the dark and rain my sidelights had come on (fortunately my neighbour told me). Any idea why they came on? I shall try and remember to turn them off in future. Would it be an electronics problem? (auto)

Submitted: 04/11/2013 12:33:50 | ID: 57198

Eva Lunn, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2008

I have a Nissan Note with keyless entry and ignition knob. There is a push button and I managed to push it so now I can start my car only with the key. Could someone tell me how to reset it back to keyless start? Thank you. (manual)

Submitted: 29/10/2013 09:44:58 | ID: 56872

Michael Keen, Bedfordshire

Nissan Note 2012

My Nissan Note’s satnav screen suddenly went blank and I cannot find a way to get it back on. Any ideas? (N tec +)

Just seen your blog about your satnav screen suddenly going blank. It’s also happened to my 2010 Nissan Note this very week. Has your problem been resolved, if so, how was it fixed ? Grateful of any help out there. Thanks. Bob Pincott from Westmoorland

Submitted: 24/10/2013 12:31:54 | ID: 56637

Sarah Bidhop, England

Nissan Note 2008

My Nissan Note has just got a flat tyre and I put the spare tyre on. Now the esp light is continually on and it keeps breaking so I cannot go over 10 miles an hour. I need to be able to drive to get the tyre fixed. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 22/10/2013 09:21:53 | ID: 56522

Frank Mwafulirwa, Mid-Lothian (Edinburghshire)

Nissan Note 2005

My Nissan Note can`t reverse on an inclined slope, but it does on the flat or even a slight slope. Has anyone had a similar problem? Please share your solutions and suggestions.

Hi, I too drive a Nissan Note with the 1.5 dci engine and have noticed that the note has difficulty reversing up hills reasonably steep and the car shudders a little when trying to do so. It is purely due the low level of torque the Note has, try driving it like a petrol and give it some accelerator whilst still using the clutch. Good footwork using both pedals in these situations helps a great deal when reversing up hills. I find when I do this the car performs much better. Hope I could help, Seamus Connor from County Antrim

Sometimes the likes of this problem is that the pump is picking up air when on a steep incline - perhaps your oil level is slghtly low or the intake filter may be dirty or picking up air Don Nisbet from New Zealand

Submitted: 27/08/2013 11:59:56 | ID: 53492

Igor Khaliulin, England

Nissan Note 2006

My Nissan Note works normally but sometimes, when I stop on hot engine, the idle revs go up to 3000 for a few seconds and then return to normal 800. Should I be worried about it? What could the reason be and how do I put it right please? (SVE 1.6 petrol)

Submitted: 23/08/2013 12:39:31 | ID: 53406

Ellen Warwick, England

Nissan Note 2006

Can I use acdelco sae 5w30 oil in my diesel Nissan Note and when should I get my belt changed? It`s done 44,562 and is 7 years old in December 2013. Thank you.

Submitted: 01/08/2013 11:48:00 | ID: 53236

Carlos Garcia, England

Nissan Note 2008

I have a Nissan Note and my electrics are acting funny. The interior lights stay on while driving, the door indicator light stays on, the blinkers won`t flash when I lock the doors using my key fob and my clock reads am instead of pm. It`s just started doing it now. What is the causing this problem please?

Submitted: 01/08/2013 10:57:13 | ID: 53194

Ronald Winfield, England

Nissan Note 2011

I require to find a live feed from the ignition/switch to wire front parking sensors on my Nissan Note. Is there a feed from the engine compartment? If not it seems impossible to feed a wire from the in car fuses through the bulkhead? Can anybody help me out please? (N-tec)

Submitted: 09/07/2013 09:37:58 | ID: 65135

Norman Spencer, England

Nissan Note 2008

I have a Nissan Note Acenta S 2008. I have just got home and went to lock the car with the button on the door but not one door locked. I tried using the fob but with no joy. The batteries are okay in the fob. The car is outside unlocked. Does anyone have any ideas before I go to a garage please? Thanks for any response.

Submitted: 13/05/2013 09:39:01 | ID: 58333

John Franks, England

Nissan Note 2009

I recently reversed over a low metal bollard and pulled off the rear plastic bumper from my Nissan Note (1.4 Visia). Now it won’t go back as I think I may have broken the far right (upper) clip where it goes on to the metal frame. Will it hold with just the plastic clips or do I need to take it and get it fixed properly? Thanks for any help. Best wishes. (Visia)

Submitted: 25/04/2013 10:43:25 | ID: 67912

Sharon Higson, Berkshire

Nissan Note 2008

If I press the button on my Nissan Note`s door (I have intelligent key system) to open it I have no problem. When I put my foot on the brake and go to turn the ignition knob it will not turn, as if the system has not recognised I have opened the doors. If I keep opening and closing it a few times it finally lets me turn the ignition switch. I took it to a main dealer who couldn`t find any problem, reprogrammed it and changed the batteries in the key fobs, but I am still having this intermittent problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Try moving the steering wheel slightly. Harry from Berkshire

Submitted: 18/04/2013 11:37:44 | ID: 89883

Niamh, Ireland

Nissan Note 2010

Today I opened my Nissan Note with the remote and sat in but nothing happened when I tried to start the car. I removed the key from the ignition and clicked again as I thought maybe it was the battery in the clicker but it it worked and now I’m locked in the car. Click once more to open the doors to get out but it wouldn’t work, so now I’m locked in the car and can’t get out manually. Eventually the clicker works and I get out, but it freaked me out I must say. My question is, is there a manual over-ride somewhere should it ever happen again? Is there any way of getting out of a locked Note when the key isn’t working? These things happen. Thank you.

Submitted: 13/03/2013 11:52:24 | ID: 91644

Julie Bury, Yorkshire

Nissan Note 2007

Both of my headlights won’t work on dipped but are fine on full beam. It looks like there is only one bulb so it’s not that. We’ve looked at the fuses we can get to but no problem there. Any ideas please?

As far as I am aware the Note does in fact have 2 different bulbs for the dipped and full beam headlights. My dipped headlight on the passenger side went out tonight, however, my full beams still work on the passenger light which leads me to believe that both have different bulbs. I will take a look at it in the morning and confirm whether or not this is the case, Seamus Connor from County Antrim

Submitted: 12/03/2013 10:59:18 | ID: 91601

Stan Wilson, England

Nissan Note 2009

Hi to all you Nissan Note drivers out there Can anyone tell me if this 1.6 Automatic has an on dash display for the gear selection ie: P, D, R, 1, 2? This is a bit of a problem for an elderly person I know who has to look at the gear shift every time they want to select R. She has just got the car and did not think about this problem. Surely there must be a button somewhere to turn this feature on? Regards. (1.6 auto)

Hi, there is no dash display, I have Tekna model, same problem. My Vauxhall cars all did on auto Raymond Thomas from Northumberland

Submitted: 01/03/2013 09:33:47 | ID: 91001

Sian H, Cardiff

Nissan Note 2010

My Nissan Note dci 1.5 can drive itself. What could the problem be? It`s been looked at by Nissan under warranty and they said it was the timing belt so they changed it, but it`s still happening. When approaching a junction and slowing down the car accelerates forwards and I have to almost emergency brake to avoid collision with cars in front. I can drive up hill and over bumps in third gear without touching a pedal. I’ve had the car less than two months, used from Evans Halshaw who are useless. Can anyone please suggest what`s causing this?

Submitted: 28/02/2013 11:20:55 | ID: 90446