NISSAN MURANO questions and answers

NISSAN Murano

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN MURANO models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN MURANO. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN MURANO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Bob Lipiro, United States of America

Nissan Murano

I removed the drivers seat to repair the frame. I re-installed it putting together all the plugs. Now i have a seat belt error message. Is there a way to reset this error code

Submitted: 14/12/2014 16:33:43 | ID: 107895

Molly, United States of America

Nissan Murano

I have a 2006 Nissan Murano with a navigation system. The navigation system worked great until I removed the Map DVD-Rom. Now, when I try to reinsert the DVD ROM it says loading and will not go any further. What could the problem be with the system?

Submitted: 18/07/2014 05:24:56 | ID: 99903

Patrick McNicholas, Dublin

Nissan Murano

Hi I am looking to change the petrol engine in my 2005 Nissan Murano to diesel. Can you tell me what diesel engine will fit and if I also need to change the gearbox as well. Nissan have a new diesel Murano since 2011 and I am wondering if this engine will fit or if any of the other diesel engines will fit.

Patrick, this will end in tears, and you with an empty wallet. Not only the engine and transmission, but also the ECU's for the engine and the transmission, plus the fuel lines etc etc will all have to be changed, and that will take lots of time as well. You can drive a long, long way on what all this costs, and at the end you will have a worthless orphan. Bite the bullet. Drive your vehicle for a few more years until you have saved enough money to buy a new diesel vehicle or that 2011 factory diesel Murano is available second hand. John Smith from New Zealand

Submitted: 31/05/2014 14:45:41 | ID: 96595

Ayan, Kazakhstan

Nissan Murano 2007

Hi everyone. It seems like my 07 Nissan Murano with 47k miles has lost power. When I step on the accelerator slowly it goes fine, but if I depress the accelerator pedal fully it just won’t go above 80 km/h and revs stop at 5000 rpm. Does anyone know what it might be? Appreciate any help, thanks.

Ayan, get the trouble codes in the computer scanned. this will tell you what may be going wrong. John Smith from New Zealand

Submitted: 10/01/2014 11:34:14 | ID: 60594

Patience Africa, Nigeria

Nissan Murano 2007

My Nissan Murano was on park position while I accelerated so high that I can smell a burnt fuse. Since then the car has been consuming so much fuel and on the dashboard it displays check engine soon. What is the solution? Thank you.

Patience, go and get the trouble codes scanned this will tell you what you have broken. John Smith from New Zealand

Submitted: 03/01/2014 12:20:38 | ID: 60231

Todd, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2003

My Nissan Murano`s radio and heater turn on by themselves and then you can’t turn them down or off. What should I do?

Submitted: 06/12/2013 09:14:26 | ID: 58856

Diana Martinez, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2006

The fan in my Nissan Murano`s motor isn’t working and now my car is overheating. What could the problem be?

Diana, you probably have either a burnt out fan motor, or a broken wire to the thermocouple that senses the temperature, or a bad relay that transfers the 12v to the fan, or... go see a mechanic or auto electrician..it needs a logical tracking down of possible faults... John Smith from New Zealand

Submitted: 22/11/2013 15:51:27 | ID: 58491

Ray Dalzell, County Antrim

Nissan Murano 2006

I have a Nissan Murano 2006. The doors will all lock/unlock by the remote control but the door open indicator on the dash stays lit when driving. When locking with the remote control a buzzing noise can be heard from inside the car which lasts about 10 seconds then stops and all doors are locked. What should I do?

Submitted: 01/11/2013 14:57:57 | ID: 57094

Rebecca Fallows, Cheshire

Nissan Murano 2005

I have a Nissan Murano 2005 and can only navigate by entering the full address but believe I can upgrade the Sat Nav which means I can enter just a postcode. Does anyone know which version of Navteq I need to upgrade to?

Submitted: 03/10/2013 11:19:20 | ID: 55733

Karen, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2009

When I was driving my Nissan Murano the heater started blowing and a message came across the screen to eject a disc although I wasn’t playing the CD player, I had the radio on. Now I can’t turn off the heater and the radio won’t come on. I`ve checked the fuses which are fine. The clock and rear view camera work. I can’t get into the status screen. What could be causing this? Please help!

Submitted: 18/04/2013 14:25:45 | ID: 93151

Ian Cooke, County Londonderry

Nissan Murano 2006

Hi. I have just purchased a Nissan Murano. Can anyone tell me where to locate the DVD for my sat nav system? It is the original factory fit system. Any suggestions please?

If you look in the front passenger area, right hand side where the gearbox is you will see an oblong piece of plastic, lever that off and behind it is where to insert the sat nav disk Rob Evans from Cheshire

Submitted: 25/03/2013 14:58:55 | ID: 92189

Jerry Weber, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2011

JDoes anyone know of any history of others having problems with 2011 Nissan Murano`s transmission surging? The rpm’s suddenly surge and "overdrive off"comes on?

Submitted: 06/12/2012 12:06:54 | ID: 64454

Patricia, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2012

I am short and am having trouble getting into my new Nissan Murano. I like it very much but was wondering if there is a step or a running board that can be put on it so that I wouldn’t have this problem. I like my car very much. Any ideas please?

Submitted: 30/04/2012 11:20:05 | ID: 70087

Mendes Hayate, Congo, Democratic Republic

Nissan Murano 2004

Hi. Please can anyone help? I have a Nissan Murano 2004, automatic gearbox, which is not moving, even when it’s in "D" or "R". Does anyone know what’s the problem? Please help, thank you. (Automatic).

Submitted: 22/03/2012 10:57:51 | ID: 70785

Kathy Reese, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2005

My air conditioner suddenly changed from Fahrenheit to Celcius in my Nissan Murano. Can anyone tell me how to change it back?

Submitted: 20/03/2012 14:03:16 | ID: 70761

Eddie Carl, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2011

The seat belt warning light will illuminate when a belt is not buckled, however the audible warning chime does not sound. How can I turn it on? Thank you. (LE)

Submitted: 31/01/2012 14:12:27 | ID: 74378

Kim Moore, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2011

None of my Nissan Murano’s auxillary ports are working. Could it be a fuse or something else?

Submitted: 31/01/2012 10:58:29 | ID: 74072

John, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2005

I found the fuse box under the hood and inside to the left of the steering wheel but I can’t find the fuses for the brake light, signal lights. Where is it hidden?

Submitted: 31/01/2012 09:17:42 | ID: 74941

Bill Easson, Derbyshire

Nissan Murano 2009

Would a wheel from a 2005 Nissan Murano model fit a 2009 Nissan Murano model?

Submitted: 22/01/2012 17:09:32 | ID: 84690

Ernie, England

Nissan Murano 2005

I would like to know how to remove the surrounding center ventilation plastic console piece that also appears to surround the display/clock. My wife put a chain in front of the display/clock and it fell through a small opening. Our Murrano is a 2005.

Submitted: 03/01/2012 15:53:21 | ID: 83782

Paul Hebert, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2006

Trying to remove the license plate from my Nissan Murano. A screw just keeps turning and will not come out. I think the holder for the screw has stripped. May possibly get to it through the rear door panel, but do not know how. Can anyone help?

A simpler way would be to drill the top off the screw Keith from County Tyrone

Submitted: 03/01/2012 14:18:11 | ID: 84112

Claude, Flintshire

Nissan Murano 2005

Hi, I wanted to update my sat nav and so pressed the eject button to see if there was a dvd inside. Since then, the sat nav has stopped working and there is a message on the screen that says "Map DVD - rom is out of slot". My friend suggested that I put in a cd to see if it accepted it, which it did, but now the dvd player will not reject it !!! I am now thinking about trying to take the top off of the sat nav box to see what’s inside / stuck but I can’t get the carpet side panel off enough to access the satnav. Can anyone help with what to do / how access the box etc ?? Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 26/01/2011 14:54:26 | ID: 84244

Matteo Nardulli, United States of America

Nissan Murano 2003

I have a 2003 Murano with only 44,000 miles on. When I am going to turn right, a stomping noise begins and when I slow down the stomping noise returns. I replaced front rotor and pads rotated all the tyres but the noise still persists. I am not able to correct these defects - can anybody help?

I had a similar issue, turned out to be a front wheel bearing hub. Got a part from San Diego which was a third of the price in the UK Mark from County Down

Submitted: 25/11/2010 15:25:42 | ID: 76852