NISSAN MICRA questions and answers: Page 4

NISSAN Micra

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN MICRA models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN MICRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN MICRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Samuel Avomyo, Ghana

Nissan Micra 1997

My Nissan Micra hesitates before it starts when left idle for twenty to thirty minutes. What is or are the possible cause(s)?

Submitted: 24/01/2014 12:51:21 | ID: 59025

Vivienne Thompson, England

Nissan Micra 2004

My Nissan Micra is jerking when I am changing gears and then accelerating. What does this mean?

Please check your car fuel cap. If it’s rusty then it must be water going through this rusty cap to the fuel tank. Shafiq Rao from England

Submitted: 20/01/2014 11:45:25 | ID: 60924

Marli, South Africa

Nissan Micra 2007

Is it normal for l/100km to keep rising when my Nissan Micra is idling? I took my car to an auto electrician to fix the fan and aircon of the car. When normally driving in town my l/100km would be on 6.3 to 6.5 max. After getting the car back it keeps rising, even when I’m standing still at a roundabout. At one stage it was at 28.3. Is this normal or did the guy that fixed the aircon do something wrong? Should I take the car back to the guy? Thank you. (dci)

Submitted: 17/01/2014 11:32:55 | ID: 60843

Deborah Sugrue, England

Nissan Micra 1997

My Nissan Micra`s temperature gauge gets hot but the car does not overheat. It`s steering is also heavy. Could this be due to a belt off? (Automatic)

Submitted: 17/01/2014 10:36:56 | ID: 60834

Juana Lazaro, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Micra 2004

I only have the automatic key for my Nissan Micra and the manual key holes are disabled. I changed the battery a few months ago and now when I try to open my car and it won’t work. It cannot be the battery. What else can it be? Please help. Thank you.

Submitted: 13/01/2014 09:42:25 | ID: 60616

Jemma, Kent

Nissan Micra 2003

The maintenance reminder keeps coming up on the onboard computer of my Nissan Micra, even though I have disabled both maintenance reminders 1 and 2 using the drop down menu and then turned off the ignition, in the hope that the onboard computer would reset itself next time I turned the ignition on. The next day alas the maintenance reminder was still there. I would like to know how to get rid of this? Would I have to get a mechanic to reset the onboard computer? It doesn’t affect my use of the car in any way, it`s just really annoying. I`d greatly appreciate some guidance as I bought the car second hand and it did not come with a car manual? Thanks. (SX 1.4)

Submitted: 09/01/2014 11:18:47 | ID: 60467

Robyn Mullins, England

Nissan Micra 2002

I have a 2002 Nissan Micra and my driver`s window won`t wind up. Please help?

Submitted: 07/01/2014 11:59:05 | ID: 60377

Paul Nice, Ireland

Nissan Micra 2004

The horn on my Nissan Micra has just stopped working. I had a look for the fuse but don`t know which one it is. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 06/01/2014 12:39:55 | ID: 60347

Henry Cuskin, Durham

Nissan Micra 2006

On morning startup a gurgle sound comes from behind the dash of my Nissan Micra which stops after about 2 minutes. What could it be? (sport +)

Submitted: 03/01/2014 12:09:56 | ID: 60212

Karl Pawlowski, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2006

Hi, I wanted to fit front fog lights to my 06 Nissan Micra k12. The bumper has blanks and my lights fit. The wiring loom all fits together, leaving two connectors to plug into the electrics. Does anyone know where they plug in? I bought the lights as an aftermarket oem kit with no instructions. (K12 s)

Submitted: 03/01/2014 09:40:00 | ID: 60061

Fred Rogers, England

Nissan Micra 1998

When the lights are switched on in my Nissan Micra half the console lights up. Why is this?

Submitted: 03/01/2014 09:32:46 | ID: 60097

William, England

Nissan Micra 2004

Recently my daughter was driving her Nissan Micra when she heard a squealing noise. She quickly pulled over and turned the engine off and removed the ignition key. The sound was still audible so she decided to get out of the vehicle and in doing so she released the door locks using the central button. The squealing stopped. Does anyone have any ideas on what this may be? Thanks. (S)

Submitted: 02/01/2014 16:12:15 | ID: 60146

Harry Shaw, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2005

I have a Nissan Micra SE 2005 petrol model and the radio / cd player will not work. I have checked the fuses in the car next to the dashboard and all are okay. Are there any other fuses to check under the bonnet?

Submitted: 02/01/2014 09:07:10 | ID: 60016

Shane Connor, England

Nissan Micra 1999

When I hit the brakes hard in my Nissan Micra the engine cuts out and then struggles to start up again. Why would it do this please? (1.0)

Submitted: 19/12/2013 09:39:53 | ID: 59485

Wendy Yates, Lancashire

Nissan Micra 2004

Having just bought a Nissan Micra I need information for insurance details. What standard of alarm is fitted to this model? I know it has NATS fitted, however there are several variations on this system. Please can you advise? Thank you.

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:49:41 | ID: 59163

Joe Seale, Monmouthshire

Nissan Micra 2009

I had the clutch done on my 2009 Nissan Micra 1.5 dci manual and 4 weeks later I have a complaint about removing first and reverse, So I did the standard check cables grease lubricate, check oil, bleed clutch and so forth and the problem went away for a week but came back (intermittent this time). I arranged to replace the cables Tuesday but last night at 130 it lost drive. All of the gears select and clutch operation works but there is a metal grinding noise when the clutch is disengaged and in neutral. When depressed the noise goes, when any gear is selected and the clutch pedal is held half height there really is a metal graunchy noise. It sounds like it`s coming from the bell housing but I would like to see if people have replaced gearboxes? The owner said something about the diff/1st and reverse issues? Any input would be great please. (1. 5 dci manual)

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:12:31 | ID: 59475

Saif Gnidila, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Nissan Micra 1998

I’m having a problem with the manual transmission system in my Nissan Micra where every time you press on the carrier and change speed it`s facing great difficulty in the carrier. I’ve changed the wire transfer more than twice but still the same problem. Where there are slots at the front of the car behind the wheel immediately I think that the wire due to the pressure and let damaged metal structure and produced a metal slot. What can I do?

Submitted: 10/12/2013 16:35:16 | ID: 59083

Gina Randle, England

Nissan Micra 2010

What does o d off mean on my Nissan Micra?

O D means over drive, for motorway/highway journeys Khuram Saeed from London

Submitted: 05/12/2013 11:40:36 | ID: 58772

Pennii Nelson, Australia

Nissan Micra 1995

Hi, my Nissan Micra K11 95 will not restart after a short drive and you can smell fuel. I took out the new spark plugs and dried them out and got rid of excess fuel but still it won`t restart. A couple of mechanics have said that it`s the "Throtle Body"? Or could it be the sender inside of the motor?

We had a similar problem with same model. Replaced the fuel pump and now it’s starting reliably. To diagnose, while turning the key to start the motor have someone bang underneath the car on the fuel tank and this should jolt the fuel pump into position and then you should be able to start the engine. This is a temporary fix and it should fail again and you’ll know the part will need to be replaced. We got ours for $116 and it took an hr to do. Carla Jordan from Australia

Submitted: 26/11/2013 14:47:41 | ID: 58648

Wayne Van Wyk, South Africa

Nissan Micra 2005

My Nissan Micra was driving fine. This morning I left the house and it wouldn’t accelerate like normal, it only acclerates at about 1/8th of what it will normally do. I can pull away gradually and if I floor it nothing changes in acceleration speed. If I keep my foot flat sometimes it will pick up normally again and the then just go back to it`s slow picking up. I’ve done a diagnostic test and nothing. I’ve changed the throttle body and accelerator sensor and still no change. Can anyone tell me why it won’t accelerate more than just a touch of the pedal? (1.4)

Submitted: 26/11/2013 12:33:11 | ID: 58623

Peter Nelson, Australia

Nissan Micra 1995

I have a Nissan Micra K11 1995 and the thermo fan will not turn off? As soon as you start the car the thermo fan is on. Please help?

Submitted: 25/11/2013 14:36:11 | ID: 58544

Melissa Smith, Staffordshire

Nissan Micra 2003

How do we change the back box on our Nissan Micra?

Submitted: 22/11/2013 09:20:59 | ID: 58219

Dave Brown, England

Nissan Micra 2005

Hi. My wife’s k12 Nissan Micra rev counter has gone into the red for no reason and when switched off it will either stay there or drop down only halfway. It is not affecting the driving but is annoying. Help please?

Submitted: 21/11/2013 15:43:14 | ID: 58257

Andy Mather, Cheshire

Nissan Micra 1997

I have a Nissan Micra k11. Sometimes when I change gear and press the accelerator the car revs, then jumps forwards a little. I thought it might be my clutch but it only does this a few time a day and then it`s fine. It`s annoying me and my girlfriend because she thinks there is nothing wrong but there is. Any help would be appreciated please?

Submitted: 12/11/2013 11:26:37 | ID: 57744

V Sal, Hertfordshire

Nissan Micra 2004

On my Nissan Micras dashboard the sports word is flashing and does not go off. I have been driving it for a few years and this has come on suddenly. In the manual it says check if the sports switch is on. Any ideas where is the sports switch?

Mine does the same sport light flashing. A friend said it could be the speed sensor in the gear box. Does your engine man light come on? Alan from Durham

Submitted: 07/11/2013 12:59:07 | ID: 57503

N, England

Nissan Micra

My Nissan Micra doesn`t rev properly when the car is in gear but in neutral it does rev. Why is this?

Submitted: 07/11/2013 10:09:31 | ID: 57351

Ercan Güner, Turkey

Nissan Micra 2011

How do I set the digital clock on the radio in my Nissan Micra? (K 13)

Submitted: 04/11/2013 09:23:24 | ID: 53248

Moseki, Botswana

Nissan Micra 2005

My Nissan Micra k12 is failing to reverse but engages very well in other gears. Why is this? (k12)

Submitted: 01/11/2013 10:30:51 | ID: 57034

Archie, Lanarkshire

Nissan Micra 2005

When turning left with the indicator on my Nissan Micra splutters but when pulling away if I turn the indcator off the car goes okay. Apart from that the car drives and goes well. What should I do?

Hi there. Unfortunately I don't have the answer for you, but wash oping. You found a answer, since I m having the same problem Quinton Saayman from South Africa

Weird I am experiencing the same issue with a Nissan Micra 2006 1.4i Mohamed from South Africa

Submitted: 31/10/2013 15:22:46 | ID: 57038

Yvonne Graham, England

Nissan Micra 1995

I changed the bulb holder on my Nissan Micra`s offside headlight, switched the head lights on but they did not come on. I checked fuses which seem okay. Any suggestions?

Make sure you got the wires the correct way, and try the bulb in the other side to see if its just blown Tony from Leicestershire

Submitted: 28/10/2013 16:24:47 | ID: 56862

Joanne Wren, Essex

Nissan Micra 1995

I have a Nissan Micra 1995 k11. The problem I have is the indicators, one minute they work, then they don’t work. Then they get stuck on without the tick tick sound and also lose the tick tick when they don’t work. Same with the hazards too when operated. Please help?

Submitted: 25/10/2013 14:34:17 | ID: 53907

Tanith Snow, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2005

My Nissan Micra lost all power when I was driving.. I then pushed it off and it started again. A few days later the engine management came on. It has not cut out since (one week later) but the light is still on. Can anyone help? I`ve been told it could be the timing chain. It only has 71,000 on the clock and surely the timing chain should not have gone?

Hi Tanith, I have just purchased a 1.2 s micra which has had had the timing chain replaced at 85,000 miles. The symptons you are seeing could just be the faulty sensor, but I fear it will be the timing chain. This is a costly job so pick your garage to carry out the repairs carefully. Keith Kitchener from Yorkshire

Submitted: 10/10/2013 15:15:32 | ID: 92105

Lesley O`Brien, Berkshire

Nissan Micra 2003

Hi. I`m purchasing a Nissan Micra 2003 which is smoking when accelerating but not at idle. Any ideas? Cheers.

My guess would be that when accelerating hard the engine is drawing air/fuel mixture in with great suction. This suction is also drawing oil up from the crankcase/sump into the cylinders. This would indicate worn piston rings in one or more cylinders (or other route for the oil to pass, caused by wear or damage). When at idle, the suction is much more gentle and is not pulling so much oil into the combustion cylinders. If this is true, the smoke would be the product of burning engine oil. Is the engine oil dropping gradually? Jay Deen from Yorkshire

Submitted: 10/10/2013 12:49:44 | ID: 56053

Catherine Castle, England

Nissan Micra 2005

Do I need to and how do I put the radio ariel down on my Nissan Micra. before I go into the car wash?

Submitted: 01/10/2013 11:08:28 | ID: 55356

Goerge Wood, England

Nissan Micra 2012

Where is the fuse box on my new 2013 Nissan Micra Visia?

Submitted: 27/09/2013 16:04:57 | ID: 55067

Lyn Ellery, Worcestershire

Nissan Micra 2003

Why does my Nissan Micra.s engine light keep coming on when I do journeys of about 20 miles or more, then it goes back off after a couple of days when I do shorter journeys of about 5 miles a day?

Submitted: 26/09/2013 15:48:40 | ID: 54969

Gary Lamb, England

Nissan Micra 2004

Hi there. My wife drove her Nissan Micra to work this morning. After work she tried to get in the car but the fob didn`t work. She rang me so I took down our spare key but it was the same with the spare key. I got in the car through the passenger door and there was a clicking noise coming from behind the glove box and the immobliser light was flashing. When I turned the key there was nothing there. If I kept the key turned the immobliser light would fade. Is it as simple as a flat battery or am I in trouble? Thanks.

Submitted: 09/09/2013 11:24:04 | ID: 54095

Mojalefa Radebe, South Africa

Nissan Micra 2005

I have a Nissan Micra model 2005, 5 door. The car does not start when turning the key in the ignition, I only hear the relay clicking sounds from the dashboard. Do I have a starting relay inside the dashboard and if yes how do I access the relay?

Hi! Just replace the battery MD from United States of America

Submitted: 27/08/2013 16:28:49 | ID: 53660

Monica, England

Nissan Micra 2004

Hi, I am trying to find out if I can remove and then refit the centre console easily in my Nissan Micra- the section where the handbrake and cup holders are? I dropped a coin down one of the slits and can’t retrieve it. I wouldn’t mind but am thinking it may get lodged in the screws and workings etc of the handbrake. Any thoughts please?

Submitted: 27/08/2013 12:01:36 | ID: 53617

Sheila Myers, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2006

Sometimes my Nissan Micra`s radio and blowers together stop working, then when I start the engine again they will work. I`ve just bought the car but I have had 4 old Micras before and not had this problem. Am I doing anything wrong?

Submitted: 27/08/2013 10:38:37 | ID: 53642