NISSAN MICRA questions and answers: Page 4

NISSAN Micra

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN MICRA models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN MICRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN MICRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Luke, Gloucestershire

Nissan Micra 2005

I have an 05 Nissan Micra. Urbis. I have had it now for 5 months and it`s my first car. Does anyone know how many brake lights should come on the back left with the headlights on? Thanks. (Urbis)

Submitted: 15/11/2012 11:05:29 | ID: 92946

Tammy, Huntingdonshire

Nissan Micra 2000

What is a reasonable labour time and price to fit an alternator belt, radiator and water pump with new belt to my Nissan Micra? I’ve been quoted a total of £297 inc. vat for the whole job. (Celebration)

Submitted: 12/11/2012 16:23:11 | ID: 92425

Omo Osayi, Nigeria

Nissan Micra 1999

I have a Nissan Micra and I had to change the engine, but the engine I bought won`t start because the mechanic said that the brainbox of my car had entered a code that is making it not start. I remembered I entered a pool of water sometime ago and they said that is the cause of the brainbox problem. They have changed the brainbox with different ones but it still won`t start. Please what should I do?

Submitted: 06/11/2012 12:02:13 | ID: 91305

Tracey Shepherd, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Micra 1994

I have a problem with my Nissan Micra. For the past 3/4 weeks it started with the car just cutting out, now it`s not only cutting out but the car pulls back and the rev fluctuates a great deal. Also when I put my foot on the clutch there`s nothing, when I take my foot off the clutch it rattles like mad. Mine is an M reg 16 value twin cam. We have put new sparks in and used redx to clean the system. My other half has tried everything and now we don’t know what else to do. Can anyone help?

My Micra is an 02 and also does this. I took it to the garage last year when it first started doing this and they couldn’t find anything wrong with it so they just reset something or other and it was fine up until the weather got colder and now it’s started doing it again! I’d appreciate some help on this too! Lindsey Brown from England

I think the cutting out problem on junctions in early k11 Micra is more than likely the throttle body which is a common issue on these models. A second hand throttle body would cost about 40-50. However I would suggest getting it checked by someone who knows about Nissan A Baba from England

Submitted: 05/11/2012 10:16:48 | ID: 68687

Margaret Tripovic, Lanarkshire

Nissan Micra 2010

How do I know if the passenger air bag in my Nissan Micra is on? I have never touched it but would like to know if it is on or off when you first buy the car?

The passenger airbag is on unless you turn it off with the key, at the switch located on the passenger side dash. There is a light on the instrument cluster that indicates that the airbag has been turned off Alexander Van Wyk from South Africa

Submitted: 02/11/2012 15:48:45 | ID: 89765

Georgina Foord, Dorset

Nissan Micra 2011

My Nissan Micra has 2 digital clocks, one on the r/h side of the driver, the other on the l/h side showing on the media screen. When it’s time to adjust the clocks, I can follow the instructions to change the one on the r/h side via the "menu", but I have no idea how to adjust the one on the media screen in front of the passenger seat. Any ideas?

Submitted: 01/11/2012 09:19:45 | ID: 89374

Mary Dee, Ireland

Nissan Micra 1993

I own a Nissan Micra March 1993 petrol and need to drain all fuel from the tank. How is this achieved? Thanks. (March)

Submitted: 30/10/2012 14:51:41 | ID: 89222

Pat Murphy, Cambridgeshire

Nissan Micra 2006

My Nissan Micra 2006 wouldn’t start so I got a push-start. The car seemed to accelerate/decelerate of it`s own accord and the steering was momentarily locked when turning a corner. Can these symptoms occur as the result of a dead or faulty battery?

Submitted: 30/10/2012 12:09:29 | ID: 89206

Jodie, England

Nissan Micra 2004

The windscreen wipers and headlights on my Nissan Micra stopped working, so the garage looked at the fusebox (had to remove the front bumper) and said that the box, which contained about 5 fuses, was corroded and needed replacing. The car was then fine and I did two very short journeys, but then the following day it wouldn’t start at all. The lights still come on so I’m guessing it`s not the battery. Someone said it could be the starter motor. What’s it likely to be and could this have been caused by what the garage did?

Submitted: 26/10/2012 09:09:46 | ID: 66812

Dom Jay, Sri Lanka

Nissan Micra 2004

I have a Japanese imported Nissan Micra k12. The Blaupunkt manufacturer`s radio cannot be tuned. Where is the aerial on this car? Is it the stick that is attached to the front bumper on the LHS? I just realised there is a crack at the base. Can anyone help me?

Submitted: 26/10/2012 09:07:36 | ID: 66802

Pat Murphy, Northern Ireland

Nissan Micra 2006

I have a 2006 Nissan Micra. There was a (charge-free) precautionary safety recall some months ago - something to do with ignition / relay system. I arranged to have the relevant job done and had the required part(s) changed by a Nissan dealer. Recently while some distance from home, my Micra would not start - a clicking sound occurred that seemed to come from the glovebox area when trying to turn the engine. I got a push-start but then experienced difficulty on the way home - the car seemed to accelerate / decelerate of it`s own accord, but more seriously, the steering temporarily locked while I was turning a corner. The ABS light was continuously "on" on the dashboard. Luckily no accident occurred. I brought the car to the dealer who had carried out the "recall job" - he replaced the battery and said that that was the only problem. I’m a bit suspicious that the orignal job wasn’t carried out. My question is : can a dead or faulty battery cause the dangerous symptoms I experienced? On many previous occasions in my driving experience whenever I had to get a push-start due to battery problems, I never experienced similar problems as described above. Does anyone know the answer please?

Submitted: 25/10/2012 11:30:11 | ID: 66602

Tracey Owen, England

Nissan Micra 1998

When my Nissan Micra`s engine is cold it turns over but has no power and I am unble to drive until it has warmed up. The engine stutters as if it is going to stall. When I press the accelerator it revs and smokes from the exhaust. What`s the problem?

Oxygen sensor or timing chain Lloyd from England

Submitted: 25/10/2012 10:56:56 | ID: 66591

Robert Williams, England

Nissan Micra 2004

The cover over the spark plugs etc on my Nissan Micra has rusted into position and all efforts so far have failed to remove it. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 25/10/2012 10:42:48 | ID: 66494

F Draper, England

Nissan Micra 2005

How do I replace a positive battery fuse box on my Nissan Micra? The RAC removed the old one and taped the leads so I know I have to take that off first! He told me it was a case of two screws and a bolt to replace. Can anyone advise me?

Submitted: 25/10/2012 10:24:16 | ID: 66491

Sam Padmanaban, India

Nissan Micra 2010

The key indicator light on the dash board of my Nissan Micra is glowing green after the engine has started. What does this indicate?

Hi, I had this. I changed the battery in the key fob and it has sorted the problem. My mum previously had this and went to Nissan who charged her £10 to do this, but we did it ourselves. You can buy the batteries on eBay or in local supermarkets Clare Coveney from England

Submitted: 25/10/2012 10:16:37 | ID: 66492

Philip Vickers, Suffolk

Nissan Micra 2004

I have a problem with my Nissan Micra and would appreciate any advice available. The speedometer needle has become very erratic/sluggish in registering the vehicle`s speed when accelerating and decelerating. Any suggestions please? (1.2S petrol)

Submitted: 25/10/2012 09:40:20 | ID: 66498

Megan Ward, County Antrim

Nissan Micra 2002

So my Nissan Micra is turning off when I stop, not all of the time, but usually when I can’t ease into a stop. By ease I mean slow right down for a good bit before fully stopping, I’m not speeding then doing emergency stops. It shudders when it does this and it’s like stalling in a manual car when you haven’t switched into first before stopping. Also, the check engine light and check oil light are lit up when this happens, but disappear when I restart the car. I’ve just had the car serviced yesterday (after which this all started) so the oil is fine and as far as I know, so’s the engine. There are also some strange noises, like taking a corner and the engine sounds really strained, well I think it’s the engine. I have no idea about cars, but it seems my mechanic, soon to be ex-mechanic, doesn’t either. I’m terrified to drive it. Please can anyone help? (Auto S)

Submitted: 25/10/2012 09:28:08 | ID: 66568

Gerrard Riley, Lanarkshire

Nissan Micra 2006

My Nissan Micra has started to chug recently so I had a service done but it is still the same. The problem seems to be intermittent so I am at a loss as to what is wrong. Can anyone please help? (1.2 petrol 06 plate)

Submitted: 25/10/2012 08:40:51 | ID: 87772

Alexander Van Wyk, South Africa

Nissan Micra 2007

I have a 2007 Nissan Micra cdi. I rotated the front and rear tyres on the right hand side of the car one afternoon. On my way home on the highway the handbrake and ABS warning lights illuminated. I have since tested and found the following conditions. The lights clear when I switch the ignition off and on, even with the car rolling. The error is not evident when driving in town, but only occurs when the speed goes above 110kph (every time). It then remains till I switch the ignition off and on again. If the lights aren’t on, the ABS works and when the lights are on it doesn’t work (tested on a wet road with hard braking). No work was done on the vehicle other than swopping the tyres around. Some people on this site suggest a faulty ABS unit, but why only at high speed and why such a specific speed? (1.5 dci)

Submitted: 22/10/2012 12:48:54 | ID: 66283

Farrukh Sheraz, Austria

Nissan Micra 2003

Hi all. I have a Nissan March/Micra K12. It does not run more than 40 km/ hour. I replaced the throttle body, got the wiring checked and the fuel pump but still this problem persists. Furthermore it responds very poorly in reverse gear, the engine makes a noise but it moves slowly. Can anyone guide me as to what I should do?

Submitted: 22/10/2012 10:15:18 | ID: 66194

Evelyn, Trinidad and Tobago

Nissan Micra 2007

I own a Nissan Micra March (2007) model. While driving I noticed every time I apply the brake a beeping sound is heard. When I let go of the brake it stops. It’s the same sound you get when you put the car into reverse. No warning lights are seen to indicate whether there is a problem. Does this suggest that it may be an early warning of the braking system? Urgent help is needed.

Submitted: 19/10/2012 08:56:20 | ID: 65194

Henry Tissera, Sri Lanka

Nissan Micra 2002

The automatic gearbox of my Nissan Micra K12 has been replaced yesterday and I have noticed the ABS light is on. Sometimes the handbrake light is also indicating with the battery light. Please can anyone tell me the reason for this matter? Thanks.

Submitted: 18/10/2012 11:22:04 | ID: 64724

Richard Cowie, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2005

The heating in my Nissan Micra has gone off and will not work on any setting. What could the problem be?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 09:57:55 | ID: 64744

Lucy Carpenter, Devon

Nissan Micra 2000

I recently bought a Nissan Micra SE 2000 Automatic from a garage and have been having speed issues. It just doesn’t want to go anywhere. Pulling out of side roads is a real problem, you put your foot right down and it hardly moves. On the motorway it struggles to get past 40 and when it does eventually go up it shoots off extremely fast. I also know the speedometer is not working properly, it doesn’t say the right speed. I can be doing about 30-40 and it reads 70. I have taken it back to the garage where I bought it but they are not interested. I have also had other people drive it and they have said the same, so any solutions would be appreciated. Can anyone help? Many thanks. (SE)

Hi Lucy, my wife’s 200 k11 Micra was just the same. We had a diagnostic guy out, there was no engine management light on and it was not showing any faults but he said it was showing a short on the air mass flow meter. Bought one on ebay new for £15 put it on and it as never run as well. Get someone to remove the air fillter box, you will then be looking at looks like the carburetta, it’s not it’s the choke body on the left side as you look at it there is a plug remove the plug you will then have obtain a five point anti tamper star bit the normal star bits will not do as they have six points also on ebay for about £10 a set. Remove the unit, it looks a bit like a large computor dongal, replace it and should be ok, it worked for us hopefully for yours cheers. ps let us know how you do with it norsman100@hotmail.co.uk Philip Evans from Yorkshire

Submitted: 15/10/2012 14:44:41 | ID: 64078

Michelle Pelling, England

Nissan Micra 2009

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help? I have a problem with my Nissan Micra`s high beam lights. The icon on my dash board has stopped lighting up when you turn the lever to switch on (bulbs still work), but the icon still comes on when pulling the lever towards you to flash? It can’t be the bulb on dash board as it wouldnt work at all? Also I`m not really sure what lights to use at night - I only have two options, dipped which is too dull or main beam which is too bright? Sorry if I sound silly but this is only the second car I have owned and completly different to my first car. Can anyone help me?

Submitted: 15/10/2012 14:36:02 | ID: 64054

Sue, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2006

I can hear a rattling noise in low gear on the driver`s side of my Nissan Micra, then it goes away in higher gear. The side light on the driver`s side is also not working, could this be connected? Thank you. (Initia)

Submitted: 15/10/2012 12:50:05 | ID: 63780

Henry Tissera, Sri Lanka

Nissan Micra 2002

Hi, I have noticed that the gears on my Nissan Micra are not changing properly. It started this morning and do I have to replace or repair the gearbox? Please reply to me. Many Thanks.

Submitted: 12/10/2012 10:45:44 | ID: 61061

Dennis Grant, Gloucestershire

Nissan Micra 2003

My daughters Micra has a battery drain which flattens the battery over a day or so. I have put a multi-meter in line with the negative battery terminal, it reads a drain of 1.8 amps. I have tried disconnecting the power source to the the alternator as suggested by some but it makes no difference. I have pulled all the fuses and the only one that shows a drop in drain when removed is the immobiliser fuse, is this current drain normal & is there a solution if it is not? (E)

Submitted: 10/10/2012 15:24:32 | ID: 53020

Robert Owen, England

Nissan Micra 1997

Hi, just had front lower cross member replaced. Got it home fine, noticed my n/side headlamp is not working so I checked the relevant fuses, but they seem ok, then tried to start the car and the engine management symbol lights up, also the air bag symbol lights up for a few secs then goes out, but the eng man light stays on flashing and car won’t start. Can you please help?

Hi there, I also have Nissan Micra K12 2003 model. In 1 year I have replaced 2 new batteries. They kept draining. The car would be running as normal and when parked up, next day it would not start up. The only way I can get the car stared up would by using a booster or "jump start." This is tedious way to start my car. Anyway I queried about this problem: it is a manufacturing fault with 2003 K12 models. I am advised that I should take the car to a local Nissan dealer to have the BCM re-programmed on low voltage. I have booked the car in for this. It is 1/2 hour job and the cost will be £45 inc vat. I am hoping this will solve my battery drainage problem. Kind regards Hope from England

Submitted: 08/10/2012 09:37:01 | ID: 89957

Ian Darcy, Berkshire

Nissan Micra 2007

Last night when I started my Nissan Micra the handbrake light was on and the ABS light (handbrake was not on at this stage). They have stayed on. I checked the fluid level and it was fine. The lights are still on this morning when driving. Why could this be? (Automatic)

Submitted: 02/10/2012 14:13:46 | ID: 81267

Marty, United States of America

Nissan Micra 1994

My Nissan Micra`s hot exhaust red warning light came on during a high speed stall. The car is running well now and there are no stored engine fault codes, but the hot exhaust (hot cat?) light remains on. How do I reset this warning light? (1.3 L)

Submitted: 24/09/2012 09:09:04 | ID: 86358

Jo Calver, England

Nissan Micra 2004

My Nissan Micra`s power steering light came on and the power steering stopped working. Then after turning the car off, leaving it for a while and starting up again, the light was no longer on and the power steering worked again! Any ideas please?

Submitted: 24/09/2012 08:51:16 | ID: 86357

Patrick Fitzpatrick, Ireland

Nissan Micra 1997

What size wheel and tyre fit my Nissan Micra?

4x100pcd Madd Genie from South Africa

All depends what size the rims are, 13", 14" ? 155 / 65 / 13, 155 / 70 / 13, 165 / 65 /13, 165 / 70 / 13. 165 / 65 / 14, 165 / 70 / 14, or 175’s Nicola Conroy from Rhondda Cynon Taff

Submitted: 20/09/2012 09:45:40 | ID: 80081

Dave Asher, England

Nissan Micra 2009

I need a near side wing for my Nissan Micra. Can I use one from a 4 door Micra and what year`s can I get one from, will a 2007 fit or a 2010? I`m not sure what year will fit my car? (3 door)

Submitted: 20/09/2012 09:42:06 | ID: 86074

Jean, Essex

Nissan Micra 2005

My Nissan Micra has an intelligent key ignition. I have been unable to start the car on and off over the last few weeks. I have changed the key fob batteries and the dealers can find no fault. Any suggestions? (1.4 automatic)

Hi, I had this not long after I bought mine, it would start ok first time but as soon as warmed up it wouldn’t restart. The button you turn would go extremely stiff and I had to resort to leaving the kids in the car at the supermarket whilst running in or else it wouldn’t start. Had to take it to main dealer to get ignition replaced, this cost about £350. It seemed to be worse when the weather was hot, not sure why though Clare Coveney from England

Submitted: 17/09/2012 11:43:24 | ID: 84887

Henrietta Haizel, England

Nissan Micra 2003

My radio/cd on my Nissan Micra 2003 does not work. Nothing happens when I press the power button, although I get power on the dash and on board computer. I have had the fuses checked and they are all fine. Any other suggestions?

Submitted: 17/09/2012 10:19:04 | ID: 84917

Declan Touhey, Ireland

Nissan Micra 2002

I am looking for a Nissan Micra k11 front passenger side seat belt. Can anyone help me locate one? Thank you.

Submitted: 13/09/2012 15:15:15 | ID: 73744

Ray Warlow, Kent

Nissan Micra 2006

Whilst driving my Nissan Micra lost all power and electrics. Any ideas?

Hi there, I had the same problem in my Nissan. It has happened before. It’s the engine mass air flow sensor. You can get them put in any reputable garage for £80 plus about £40 labour. Hope this helps Linda Wheeler from Kent

I had the same problem yesterday and the RAC say it is the Positive battery terminal fuse box which you will find sitting on the battery under the bonnet. The chap took it off and I could see green inside it caused by water, it seems they are not sealed and RAC say that it is a problem they have to deal with frequently. I have ordered a £54 unit from Nissan and will try to fix it myself as it is two screws and a bolt. I have no idea about cars myself so this is repeating what the RAC said and does not seem to be the same answer as a previous helper! F Draper from England

Submitted: 10/09/2012 17:09:52 | ID: 88611

Pam Stevens, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2006

When driving my Nissan Micra can suddenly lose power. It still runs but at a slow speed. What is the problem?

Submitted: 10/09/2012 16:31:24 | ID: 88658

Pam Stevens, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2006

When driving my Nissan Micra it can suddenly lose power. It still runs but at a slow speed. What is the problem?

Submitted: 10/09/2012 15:49:21 | ID: 88707