NISSAN MICRA questions and answers

NISSAN Micra

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN MICRA models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN MICRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN MICRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

David, Scotland

Nissan Micra 2004

I have a Nissan Micra which does not start. I was wondering what the problem could be? The key is fine and I got it all checked out engine wise. Please can anyone help?

Submitted: 07/04/2014 10:27:10 | ID: 93918

Maureen Davies, Durham

Nissan Micra 2003

I recently had my Nissan Micra valeted and now the blowers, rear window heater and air con are not working. Two garages have looked at it to no avail. Any suggestions? (SE)

Submitted: 07/04/2014 08:31:32 | ID: 93695

Vera Coda, England

Nissan Micra 2003

I have a hissing noise when driving my Nissan Micra if I use the brake and it stops for a few minutes. Why? (Automatic)

Fan belt needs wd40 Charlie from West Midlands

Submitted: 01/04/2014 11:09:21 | ID: 93743

Juana Lazaro, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Micra 2004

Hi. I was driving my Nissan Micra today and the ABS light came up and the steering wheel locked, so I had to stop the car in the middle of the road. Then I tried to switch the ignition on but it wouldn’t start. Please can someone help? Thanks.

Submitted: 01/04/2014 11:00:56 | ID: 93720

Brynley Shackleton, Gloucestershire

Nissan Micra 1988

How do I remove the manual window winder and door internal panel on my Nissan Micra to get at the winding mechanism? (passion)

Submitted: 31/03/2014 14:51:24 | ID: 93663

Sonia Simmons, Cheshire

Nissan Micra 2003

What is the function of the Sami button on the right side of the gear lever on my Nissan Micra? (S model automatic)

Submitted: 31/03/2014 12:18:22 | ID: 93630

Chris Masters, Gloucestershire

Nissan Micra 2002

When pressing the remote key the lights on my Nissan Micra flash but the central locking fails to open or lock the doors. Being as the lights flash I assume that the key battery is okay. Also the interior light fails to come on when the door is opened (the bulb has been checked and is okay), could this be linked to the failure of the central locking or simply another problem? If the door switch is faulty or failing to earth properly would it prevent the locking system from operating? Could a blown fuse be the problem? Please advise me. (Tempest)

Submitted: 21/03/2014 14:08:36 | ID: 63186

Azhar, Warwickshire

Nissan Micra 1999

My rear wiper on a 1999 (T reg) Nissan Micra doesn’t work even after replacing the motor. When I turn the switch for the rear wiper I hear a click type sound but the wiper doesn`t move? The sound was the same before changing the motor. Is it posssible the motor I bought is faulty?

Submitted: 18/03/2014 11:24:17 | ID: 62932

Rebecca, England

Nissan Micra 2003

I bought this Nissan Micra (1.2) and it came with the anti-hijack mode activated. I find it a pain to unlock (especially as I rarely travel on my own). I looked in my manual for instructions on how to revert it back to the normal convenience mode and found two ways of doing so, but neither have worked. Does anyone know how to remove this anti-highjack feature? Many thanks.

Submitted: 18/03/2014 09:11:48 | ID: 62971

Tom Fairbrother, Cheshire

Nissan Micra 2001

My Nissan Micra runs well at first but when it comes up to temperature it starts to hunt for fuel and stall. Any ideas out there?

Submitted: 04/03/2014 09:09:49 | ID: 62514

Nikki, England

Nissan Micra 1996

Rain is somehow getting in the boot of my Nissan Micra and now it`s started going mouldly. Could it be the seal is worn and may need replacing? If so, how do I go about changing this?

Submitted: 24/02/2014 11:07:09 | ID: 62338

Jadfe, England

Nissan Micra 2004

My Nissan Micra 04 plate will not start without me revving it a lot and sometimes will not start up at all. However after going away and leaving it, when returning it will start okay with me revving it. What could be wrong?

Please check your car fuel cap. If it’s rusty then it must be water going through this rusty cap to the fuel tank. Shafiq Rao from England

Submitted: 24/02/2014 10:53:14 | ID: 62293

Muhammad Zameer, England

Nissan Micra 1996

Hi, my question is that my Nissan Micra 1.3GX has a problem when I try to change gear. It`s very hard to change and now gears are free I just put on P and the car is jammed now as if the handbrake`s on. Please can someone help me? (1.3 GX)

Submitted: 24/02/2014 10:05:39 | ID: 59702

Debra, Trinidad and Tobago

Nissan Micra 2006

Hello, I own a 2006 Nissan Micra with an Impul body kit. My front bumper is damaged and I need a replacement Impul bumper. Can anyone advise me where I can get one to purchase? Thanks.

Submitted: 21/02/2014 15:14:13 | ID: 62286

Obed Baloyi, South Africa

Nissan Micra 2007

My Nissan Micra won’t start. Most of the time if I have to start it I have to remove the cable from the pickup sensor and then it will start and then I take the sensor back. This is no guarantee, sometimes it even refuses to start when I do that. I have taken it to the Nissan dealers and they can’t help me. When they diagnose it they don’t pick up anything / when they code the key it does not take it. Does anyone know what could be wrong please?

Submitted: 18/02/2014 15:16:36 | ID: 62215

Michael Patterson, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Micra 2002

My Nissan Micra`s heater fan will only work on full power setting. What can I do to correct this please? (1 litre 2002)

Submitted: 18/02/2014 12:04:19 | ID: 62181

Sovanmony Taing, New Zealand

Nissan Micra 2003

The temperature warning light on my Nissan Micra began to come on, then the engine would start to cool down (I could hear the fan functioning) and the warning light would disappear. A few minutes later it would reappear again and the process starts all over again, so I have just been topping the radiator and reservoir with water and coolant. Just recently the temperature warning light has begun to come on longer and more frequently. I don’t see any visible leaks under the car. Would you be able to help diagnose my car and what needs to be done?

Submitted: 17/02/2014 10:37:06 | ID: 62122

Andy Cross, England

Nissan Micra 2000

My Nissan Micra`s sunroof leaks. The car is low mileage and very well looked after even though it is kept outside. All the main dealer wants to do is fit a new unit for £800. Any advice please? (1 ltr)

Submitted: 14/02/2014 14:35:19 | ID: 62112

Alan, Durham

Nissan Micra 2002

I have a 2002 Nissan Micra automatic. The engine management light comes on and Nissan code says p1791. It says speed sensor on the gear box. Does anyone know if this is correct? (automatic)

Submitted: 10/02/2014 11:39:52 | ID: 61866

Rose Angels, Ireland

Nissan Micra 2000

My Nissan Micra has a problem that sometimes it won`t start for a long time, but it will start up again on its own without any fixing. What happens is that by trying to start it the radio will go on and everything else but the car will not start. This happens mainly during cold weather. What could be causing this problem please?

Just a guess, but the starter motor is probably nearly dead. Take it to a dealer or someplace and they will tell you. Andrew Smith from Cheshire

A number of things. I say because I am not on the car. a) The battery could be failing b) The starter motor could be faulty c) There could be sulphation or high resistance in the starter motor circuit d) The coolant temperature sensor could be faulty. You might experience this and say to yourself it starts, but this might happen when you are far away from home. Get the vehicle to a Nissan Dealer for checking with a diagnostic machine. Mutetepi Mhizha from Zimbabwe

Submitted: 10/02/2014 11:34:05 | ID: 86260

Leanne Ryan, Ireland

Nissan Micra 1999

Recently I have started getting water in the boot of my Nissan Micra. It started to seep in through the back seat on the driver`s side. We took out the spare wheel and opened up the little drain thing, emptied it and resealed everything. The boot was only wet on the right side. We generally thought that was due to the very bad rain we have been having lately and that it must be coming from underneath, so I left it out in my parents` house so we could put it on a lift to see the problem. It hadn`t been driven for a couple of days but when we went to open the car we noticed a pool of water had gathered on the floor in the back on the driver`s side and that the roof is also wet. We are baffled as to how water is getting in. Someone did mention that one common problem with these cars is that water could be getting in through the ariel. Please if anyone has any solutions as to how to solve or find the cause of the problem can you let me know?

Submitted: 03/02/2014 14:36:30 | ID: 61656

Shan Day, Bedfordshire

Nissan Micra 2010

Should a symbol display on the dash of my Nissan Micra when the light switch is on using the auto light system? (Tekna)

Submitted: 03/02/2014 11:58:23 | ID: 88263

Rajendran Gopalakrishnan, India

Nissan Micra 2011

I have a Nissan Micra. Why is the orange colour indicator glowing while it`s running and there`s an abnormal engine sound? (XV dci manual)

Submitted: 24/01/2014 16:29:44 | ID: 61338

Samuel Avomyo, Ghana

Nissan Micra 1997

My Nissan Micra hesitates before it starts when left idle for twenty to thirty minutes. What is or are the possible cause(s)?

Submitted: 24/01/2014 12:51:21 | ID: 59025

Vivienne Thompson, England

Nissan Micra 2004

My Nissan Micra is jerking when I am changing gears and then accelerating. What does this mean?

Submitted: 20/01/2014 11:45:25 | ID: 60924

Marli, South Africa

Nissan Micra 2007

Is it normal for l/100km to keep rising when my Nissan Micra is idling? I took my car to an auto electrician to fix the fan and aircon of the car. When normally driving in town my l/100km would be on 6.3 to 6.5 max. After getting the car back it keeps rising, even when I’m standing still at a roundabout. At one stage it was at 28.3. Is this normal or did the guy that fixed the aircon do something wrong? Should I take the car back to the guy? Thank you. (dci)

Submitted: 17/01/2014 11:32:55 | ID: 60843

Deborah Sugrue, England

Nissan Micra 1997

My Nissan Micra`s temperature gauge gets hot but the car does not overheat. It`s steering is also heavy. Could this be due to a belt off? (Automatic)

Submitted: 17/01/2014 10:36:56 | ID: 60834

Juana Lazaro, Buckinghamshire

Nissan Micra 2004

I only have the automatic key for my Nissan Micra and the manual key holes are disabled. I changed the battery a few months ago and now when I try to open my car and it won’t work. It cannot be the battery. What else can it be? Please help. Thank you.

Submitted: 13/01/2014 09:42:25 | ID: 60616

Jemma, Kent

Nissan Micra 2003

The maintenance reminder keeps coming up on the onboard computer of my Nissan Micra, even though I have disabled both maintenance reminders 1 and 2 using the drop down menu and then turned off the ignition, in the hope that the onboard computer would reset itself next time I turned the ignition on. The next day alas the maintenance reminder was still there. I would like to know how to get rid of this? Would I have to get a mechanic to reset the onboard computer? It doesn’t affect my use of the car in any way, it`s just really annoying. I`d greatly appreciate some guidance as I bought the car second hand and it did not come with a car manual? Thanks. (SX 1.4)

Submitted: 09/01/2014 11:18:47 | ID: 60467

Robyn Mullins, England

Nissan Micra 2002

I have a 2002 Nissan Micra and my driver`s window won`t wind up. Please help?

Submitted: 07/01/2014 11:59:05 | ID: 60377

Paul Nice, Ireland

Nissan Micra 2004

The horn on my Nissan Micra has just stopped working. I had a look for the fuse but don`t know which one it is. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 06/01/2014 12:39:55 | ID: 60347

Henry Cuskin, Durham

Nissan Micra 2006

On morning startup a gurgle sound comes from behind the dash of my Nissan Micra which stops after about 2 minutes. What could it be? (sport +)

Submitted: 03/01/2014 12:09:56 | ID: 60212

Karl Pawlowski, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2006

Hi, I wanted to fit front fog lights to my 06 Nissan Micra k12. The bumper has blanks and my lights fit. The wiring loom all fits together, leaving two connectors to plug into the electrics. Does anyone know where they plug in? I bought the lights as an aftermarket oem kit with no instructions. (K12 s)

Submitted: 03/01/2014 09:40:00 | ID: 60061

Fred Rogers, England

Nissan Micra 1998

When the lights are switched on in my Nissan Micra half the console lights up. Why is this?

Submitted: 03/01/2014 09:32:46 | ID: 60097

William, England

Nissan Micra 2004

Recently my daughter was driving her Nissan Micra when she heard a squealing noise. She quickly pulled over and turned the engine off and removed the ignition key. The sound was still audible so she decided to get out of the vehicle and in doing so she released the door locks using the central button. The squealing stopped. Does anyone have any ideas on what this may be? Thanks. (S)

Submitted: 02/01/2014 16:12:15 | ID: 60146

Harry Shaw, Yorkshire

Nissan Micra 2005

I have a Nissan Micra SE 2005 petrol model and the radio / cd player will not work. I have checked the fuses in the car next to the dashboard and all are okay. Are there any other fuses to check under the bonnet?

Submitted: 02/01/2014 09:07:10 | ID: 60016

Shane Connor, England

Nissan Micra 1999

When I hit the brakes hard in my Nissan Micra the engine cuts out and then struggles to start up again. Why would it do this please? (1.0)

Submitted: 19/12/2013 09:39:53 | ID: 59485

Wendy Yates, Lancashire

Nissan Micra 2004

Having just bought a Nissan Micra I need information for insurance details. What standard of alarm is fitted to this model? I know it has NATS fitted, however there are several variations on this system. Please can you advise? Thank you.

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:49:41 | ID: 59163

Joe Seale, Monmouthshire

Nissan Micra 2009

I had the clutch done on my 2009 Nissan Micra 1.5 dci manual and 4 weeks later I have a complaint about removing first and reverse, So I did the standard check cables grease lubricate, check oil, bleed clutch and so forth and the problem went away for a week but came back (intermittent this time). I arranged to replace the cables Tuesday but last night at 130 it lost drive. All of the gears select and clutch operation works but there is a metal grinding noise when the clutch is disengaged and in neutral. When depressed the noise goes, when any gear is selected and the clutch pedal is held half height there really is a metal graunchy noise. It sounds like it`s coming from the bell housing but I would like to see if people have replaced gearboxes? The owner said something about the diff/1st and reverse issues? Any input would be great please. (1. 5 dci manual)

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:12:31 | ID: 59475

Saif Gnidila, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Nissan Micra 1998

I’m having a problem with the manual transmission system in my Nissan Micra where every time you press on the carrier and change speed it`s facing great difficulty in the carrier. I’ve changed the wire transfer more than twice but still the same problem. Where there are slots at the front of the car behind the wheel immediately I think that the wire due to the pressure and let damaged metal structure and produced a metal slot. What can I do?

Submitted: 10/12/2013 16:35:16 | ID: 59083