NISSAN MICRA questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN MICRA models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN MICRA. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN MICRA questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Heidi, Hampshire

Nissan Micra

3 weeks ago my Nissan Micra (63 plate) wouldn't start and I called The AA. I was told the problem was the starter motor and the guy got me back on the road. The car is still under guarantee and I left it with the Nissan dealer. I was told the battery was faulty and it was replaced at my cost. Today I had the same problem but after 4 attempts it turned over and got me home. I'm worried that it may be the starter motor -what shall I do?

Submitted: 14/02/2017 18:49:36 | ID: 138937

Martin Cockill, Staffordshire

Nissan Micra

How easy/difficult to change the oil fillter

Submitted: 30/01/2017 20:26:36 | ID: 138548

Martin Cockill, Staffordshire

Can I fit the newer front ,the one with the v in it .to my 2013 k13 micra

Submitted: 30/01/2017 20:24:03 | ID: 138546

michael tidball, Spain

Nissan Micra

Hi everybody, I have bought a K12 2007 Nissan Micra Urbis 1.4 convertible.Its a cracking little car except for one thing; With the roof down and whilst stationary, everything is ok, however when I pull off, the visual display and audible beeping starts from the dashboard warning light, showing the roof is down. Any ideas why this is please, and a remedy for it. Driving with it would get annoying I think! Regards, Tiddy

Submitted: 30/01/2017 12:31:27 | ID: 138534

Alan Thornton, Lancashire

Nissan Micra

We have just purchased this car for my wife to learn to drive...but prior to purchase it needed a new boot catch, done by garage.We have noticed in the last few week that when you go over a speed hump or pot hole, there is an audible beep that appears to come from under the glove box area.I have looked on other sites and some say it could be a faulty boot catch, some say it is the reverse indicator? apparently on some auto models there is an audible warning when auto reverse gear is selected?looked in hand book, but states nothing.. Any Ideas much appreciated.

Submitted: 25/01/2017 14:14:03 | ID: 138402

Sandra, City of Edinburgh

Nissan Micra

I've got a Micra initial 2006. Re washer spray. The back is working but jet spray under hood for front does not spray. I've done all the check and water coming out. The only thing can't ck is the jet spray as dont wan to break and can't see how to remove the black attatment. Please advise. Tku problem.

Submitted: 23/01/2017 13:31:58 | ID: 138341

Susan, West Yorkshire

Nissan Micra

I have an intermittent problem with my micra. It starts fine and then when driving the engine will suddenly cut out. The car wil not start again and does not turn over. When we have called the RAC by the time they arrive it will start and then nothing shows up on the diagnostics so the mechanic is at a loss as to what is causing the problem. We can then drive around sometimes for days or weeks with no issues than randomly it will happen again. It has been in the garage but again the mechanic is unable to diagnose the issue as it does not fault while in there. Any ideas?

You haven't said what year your Micra is, but the throttle bodies on them are known to fail (the internal solder dries out). I'd be looking at that from the description you've given regarding your fault, except the fact it won't turn over suggests something else. Mick from Portugal

Thank you Mick from Portugal. It's a 2002 reg, not sure if that makes a difference to your thinking? Susan from West Yorkshire

When it cuts out and won't restart are the ignition lights on? I'm thinking along the lines of there being a hair-line crack in a circuit board somewhere or a dry solder joint which loses connection once the car warms up breaking the circuit, and then when the car cools down the connection is remade thereby allowing you to continue. The problem is tracing where it's likely to be. If you don't have ignition lights I'd be looking at the ignition barrel, if you do I'd next be looking at the ECU. Solder joints & circuit boards are less reliable since they banned the use of lead in the solder. Mick from Portugal

Yes, the ignition lights are on. A fuse box under the bonnet has been replaced, not sure if this is the ECU, I'm not much of a mechanic, but still had problems after this. So frustrating! Susan from West Yorkshire

The ECU is the electronic brain for the vehicle, it's different from the fuse box. It's quite expensive to replace from Nissan, a second-hand one would be cheaper but would need re-coding to your car. Before spending money on an ECU have you asked the question of any of the Nissan owners forums? Such forums are a wealth of vehicle specific knowledge, you might find something on them. Mick from Portugal

Submitted: 15/01/2017 15:38:04 | ID: 138108

Sue, Lancashire

Nissan Micra

Car firstly looses power then kangaroos badly. I notice engine management light on now. Stopped for 1 hour then drove 7 miles @ 35 mph without problems. Just had new spark plugs and full service! Any help will be appreciated. Thanks sue.

Submitted: 15/01/2017 08:37:40 | ID: 138096

linda, Lancashire

Nissan Micra

Mylightondashwontgooutanddiagnosticssaiditstodowiththekey.Myspacerdoesntworkonmylaptop. Anyideaswhatitcouldbeplease?

Submitted: 10/01/2017 20:16:17 | ID: 138010

Mohammed, South Africa

Nissan Micra

Hi I have a 2003 Nissan micra the car use take hours to start up sometimes after two hours it use to start and run perfect. While cranking the engine the radiator fan use to come on without engine reaching temperature. I open the fuse box under the left head light and swiped relays around to check if relay was at fault now I have no management light on dash and car does not want to crank tested the starter its ok could it be the fuse box under the headlight that is damaged resulting in these problems cos now the moment I turn the ignition the radiator fans comes on. Please help.

Submitted: 29/12/2016 00:17:38 | ID: 137659

steven, Brighton & Hove

Nissan Micra

I've got petrol gettin in to the water on my car what causes this problem

Submitted: 20/12/2016 13:26:58 | ID: 137481

Bronwynn O'Brien, West Yorkshire

Nissan Micra

My wee micra's lights use to turn off when I locked the car, so I didn't have to remember to turn them off before getting out. Now, they don't turn off and it doesn't beep at me to tell me that I have left my lights on when I take my keep out...........what have I done?

Submitted: 15/12/2016 09:52:06 | ID: 137389

john bailey, Warwickshire

Nissan micra 2014 special edition. As i drive off i get a shudder . ? O

Submitted: 14/12/2016 19:42:55 | ID: 137383

Rosemary taylor, City of Glasgow

Nissan Micra

I don't know how to set the heater. I know about the windscreen defroster But cannot get heat from front and sides I must be pressing wrong things . My car has stereo radio with phone and buttons with auto and arrows up and down Other side has a symbol that looks like ? a booster but don't seem to get the heat I desire can you help I am 74 female and only had this car 4 months and not sure I did not get a handbook

Submitted: 23/11/2016 20:42:02 | ID: 136916

Alison t, Lancashire

Nissan Micra

My micra (05) won't start, basically it's had the fuel pump checked, all airways and filters checked out and cleaned, new plugs, all wires and plugs checked for connection, and still won't start. Can anyone please give me ideas why? Any help is appreciated ??

Submitted: 13/11/2016 07:45:56 | ID: 136658

Dash, South Ayrshire

Nissan Micra

hi my Nissan micro is burning battery fuse don`t want to start , what might be a problem

Submitted: 16/10/2016 23:14:16 | ID: 136012

Wikus, South Africa

Nissan Micra

Car runs fine for a wile. Then it just dies. You have to lock it and unlock it again before it will start again. What can the problem ve?

Submitted: 06/10/2016 19:50:58 | ID: 135766

Sarah, North Yorkshire

Nissan Micra

Hi, when the car gets warm it won't let me select any gears, it's fine when cold lovely and smooth, I've just had a new clutch fitted to the vehicle thinking this was the problem but unfortunately this hasn't cured it, I'd be great full for any suggestion. Regards Sarah

Submitted: 06/10/2016 17:30:58 | ID: 135758

Adeleye James, Nigeria

Nissan Micra

Hi everyone.I lost 2005 nissan micra key,and i got another key(intelligent key) and programmed it to it, and after programmed the key i wasn't able to start the car till now,and i abserved on its dashboard a red light written steering lock.please what should i do to start the car?.thanks.

Submitted: 02/10/2016 23:21:06 | ID: 135671

Chaudhry, Greater London

Nissan Micra

My micra 5 doors se key less 5doorse open and close perfect but when I press boot button which is on the boot all doors open even I can start car why?

Submitted: 01/10/2016 12:07:40 | ID: 135631

Douglas poole, Essex

Nissan Micra

This is a2010 micra 1.2 a t between 20&25 mph the car. Vibrates through foot pedal to. Steering cause please

Submitted: 06/09/2016 20:01:17 | ID: 134974

Donna, Hertfordshire

Nissan Micra

When breaking hard, or accelerating from a stop position hard, the handbrake light on the dashboard flashes on. Also occasionally when braking I get a grinding noise coming from the from, however there doesn't appear to be anything actually affecting the brakes as I still slow down/stop. This is intermittent and I find the harder I brake the less likely there will be a grinding noise. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks

Submitted: 17/08/2016 16:52:39 | ID: 134424

Chaudhry, Bristol

Nissan Micra

My Nissan micro show maintanace reminder what that mean.

Submitted: 16/08/2016 21:56:22 | ID: 134410

Abukar Mohamed, Greater London

does my nissan has AC

Submitted: 07/08/2016 17:44:07 | ID: 134179

Sally, Essex

Nissan Micra

my automatic transmission fluid keeps disappearing but I have no leaks any ideas where it might be going ? hope you can help me

Submitted: 01/08/2016 12:22:17 | ID: 134025

leoni, Gloucestershire

Nissan Micra

hi the battery has gone in my Nissan micra 54 plate XS 3dr in the key . if I replace the battery - does it need coding in order to unlock my car or can it just be replaced ?

Submitted: 14/07/2016 11:14:04 | ID: 133516

brennan, Greater London

Nissan Micra

my indecaters have been giving some problems for the past 6 months now they gone compleatly to day, can i fix this myself

Submitted: 27/06/2016 16:28:25 | ID: 133040

trulsan, Cyprus

Nissan Micra

i have nissan march 2013 . problem is , when i turn on air conditioning and start to run, engine sometimes start to misfire. and run slowly slowly. but sometimes is runing fast. if i dont use air conditioning there is no any poroblem. can you please help me. what can i do. thanks for yours help.

Submitted: 25/06/2016 22:05:48 | ID: 133002

JOHANN DU PLESSIS, Dublin

Nissan Micra

My left hand parking light and left hand rear park light is dead any suggestions for why it is not working

Sounds like your bulb circuit has had it Desmond from Blackpool

Submitted: 20/06/2016 13:00:30 | ID: 132823

noel, Gloucestershire

Nissan Micra

when brake lights come on, dip lights flash, when main headlights are switched on, brake lights stay on, frustrating for me, confusing for drivers behind me, is this a fuse problem?

My wife had the same issue and it turned out to be the break light bulb. After it was changed this started to happen. The wrong type of bulb was put in to replace the blown one. Have you changed any bulbs recently. Best way to prove it is to take bulbs out one at a time from the rear light unit until the issue stops, then swap the bulb for a new one. It's not a fuse issue. Howard Matthams from Essex

Submitted: 18/06/2016 22:04:34 | ID: 132779

noel, Gloucestershire

Nissan Micra

car is Nissan micra s. when I use brakes. dip headlights flash, when I switch main headlights on, brake lights stay on, is this a fuse problem?

Submitted: 18/06/2016 21:45:58 | ID: 132777

robin, Kent

Nissan Micra

How can I free off very stiff clutch , does it require a new cable or lubricating ?

Submitted: 14/06/2016 19:46:38 | ID: 132672

Aqib, Greater London

Nissan Micra

Hi, I have a nissan micra 2006 c+c convertible. I had an accident and front bumper+grills+ radiator and bonnet got damaged. I am looking for a bumper+bonnet+grills. My question is that whether the 2003 model of nissan micra's bonnet compatible with my car? Also can you please guide me that where can I find the same colour bonnet and bumper. My car is blue. Your kind reply will br very much appreciated. Thank you.

Submitted: 07/06/2016 00:31:31 | ID: 132422

Aletta, South Africa

Nissan Micra

The car is moving good and I have replace the new radiator but the fan does not kick and it does not overheating, what can be a problem and radio is no playing.

Submitted: 03/06/2016 08:17:59 | ID: 132318

robin jameson, Lincolnshire

Nissan Micra

Hi can you tell me where the ecu is located thankyou

Submitted: 26/05/2016 15:07:45 | ID: 132054

Ashley Crapp, Somerset

Nissan Micra

My Micra has a switch next to the steering wheel to turn the power steering on or off. It is connected to an electric motor which operates the pump. It is essentially is a bottle of power steering fluid attached to this pump that makes the power steering work. Recently the pump stopped working and upon inspection, it turns out the comutator is worn out (the car is 22 years old). I can't find anything about this any where online and I've never seen this type of system in another micra but I need to find a replacemement motor so I can get it through MOT, can anyone help me? Its a 1994 1.3 k11 5 door model. Many thanks.

Submitted: 23/05/2016 12:22:07 | ID: 131904

John, City of Edinburgh

Nissan Micra

Is there a way to disable the beep when selecting reverse gear in the Micra Automatic Thanks

Submitted: 22/05/2016 18:17:18 | ID: 131888

John, City of Edinburgh

Nissan Micra

Is there a way to disable the beep when selecting reverse gear on the Micra Automatic Thanks

Submitted: 22/05/2016 18:13:46 | ID: 131887

Homer, West Midlands

Nissan Micra

Recently acquired used Visia,, where is temperature display ?

Submitted: 18/05/2016 10:22:14 | ID: 131650

Ms deborah hargrove, Kent

Nissan Micra

Inside readers light ubove driver not working iv put new bulb in and nothing can anyone help . Nissan Micra 2004 L reg

Submitted: 17/05/2016 22:50:12 | ID: 131641