NISSAN KUBISTAR questions and answers

NISSAN Kubistar

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN KUBISTAR models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN KUBISTAR. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN KUBISTAR questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Sue Reidy, Hertfordshire

Nissan Kubistar

We have just purchased a 2004 Renault Kubistar van. We want to replace the radio but are stumped as to how to remove it. We have the manual for the van and it tells us to 'unclip the storage compartment' to access the speaker wires, but in front of the passenger seat the storage compartment is completely open and according to the manual this is where there should be a flap. There is a glove box above the space, but nothing to unclip there either. We've tried removing the radio by taking the front off it, but no indication as to how to do that either. Feeling very stupid as we must be missing something simple. Any advice would really be appreciated.

Submitted: 20/02/2015 16:05:08 | ID: 111964

john burke, Meath

Nissan Kubistar

when i turn on the heating the wires behind the heating get verey hot can anybody help me whit this plz

Submitted: 01/02/2015 20:26:36 | ID: 110690

John, Berkshire

Nissan Kubistar

I have a nissan kubistar van i have had the glow plugs change and now it will not start with out easy start but once it is running it is fine but when it is cold and frosty the van will not start i am starting to run out of ideas now. can anyone help ?

Submitted: 29/12/2014 11:19:45 | ID: 108583

kealelower@hotmail.com, Ireland

Nissan Kubistar

My kubistar has cut out now on 3 different occasions a red light appears next to the stop light Nd if this stays illuminated van will not start please advise if pos

Submitted: 29/12/2014 01:12:41 | ID: 108568

tarot, West Midlands

Nissan Kubistar

Hi all I have ay kubistar and it takes ay long time to start very time I go to it I was told to change the injectors and diesal pump which I did and its still the same I had it put an the computer and it came up with the fuel regulator sensor so I changed that and still the same has any1 got any ideas what it cud be

Submitted: 27/12/2014 17:55:33 | ID: 108493

Tim, Somerset

Nissan Kubistar

How often does the cam-belt need replacing?

Submitted: 26/09/2014 12:28:53 | ID: 103686

Jimy Woods, Ireland

Nissan Kubistar 2005

My Nissan Kubistar van won`t start in the mornings without easy start, then runs fine all day without a glitch. The van is regularly serviced, v low mileage, never over worked and in excellent condition otherwise. Any advice or help would be appreciated before I do a Basil Faulty on the thing? (1.5)

Try the glow plugs that's what it was on my old van tarot from West Midlands

Submitted: 31/03/2014 14:18:38 | ID: 93637

Will, Cheshire

Nissan Kubistar 2003

My Nissan Kubistar van will not start in the mornings unless you jump start it, but it will then run all day. I`ve had a new battery and glow plugs fitted and the alternator`s putting 14 amps in. Please can anybody help?

Faulty alternator, you can over charge battery, or may be cracked wiring michael from North Yorkshire

Submitted: 07/02/2014 15:35:00 | ID: 61835

Alan Irlam, Berkshire

Nissan Kubistar 2007

How do you reset the time on the clock on my Nissan Kubistar?

Submitted: 08/11/2013 11:04:46 | ID: 57555

Shad Ali, London

Nissan Kubistar 2004

Hi. My Nissan Kubistar van won`t start without easy start but once it has started it is running fine. Every time I have to spray the easy start I take it to garages to find out what has happened but still have no result. Does anyone know the reason why this is happening please? (1.5 diesel)

Submitted: 01/07/2013 11:52:42 | ID: 64047

Martin Bareham, Hertfordshire

Nissan Kubistar 2003

I have replaced all 4 injectors on my Nissan Kubistar van but now it won’t start without easy start and doesn’t rev up. Before they were programmed it ran okay although it sounded a bit lumpy. What could the problem be please? (1.5dci)

Submitted: 21/05/2013 11:36:34 | ID: 55711

Alistair Baldwin, Dumfriesshire

Nissan Kubistar 2000

How to reset the service indicator please?

Submitted: 09/02/2012 09:53:02 | ID: 78274

Bill, Bedfordshire

Nissan Kubistar 2007

My Nissan Kubistar has developed a problem with the electric door locking system. It’s intermittent, but every now and again starts making noises as if it is trying to lock/unlock itself. This happens when I am driving it AND when it is parked and locked. Any ideas?

Submitted: 03/02/2012 10:59:53 | ID: 73199

Rodger Green, Ireland

Nissan Kubistar 2004

Hello, my Nissan Kubistar’s heater and radio have stopped working. I have checked fuses in the fuse box on passenger side - all OK. Is there another fuse box?

Submitted: 31/01/2012 20:38:21 | ID: 73240

John Marley, England

Nissan Kubistar 2004

I am thinking of buying a Nissan Kubistar 1.5. Currently it’s not running - they say it has been on a computer and it says that everything is reading OK. So they tell me they think the injectors are the reason for it not starting, and if it is, why isn’t the computer saying that is the problem? The van’s in good condition and cheap, can anybody help please? And thanks. (1.5 dci)

Submitted: 31/01/2012 09:15:04 | ID: 74939

Barry Shanahan, Ireland

Nissan Kubistar 2005

Will a fuel pump from a 2006 Nissan Kubistar fit a 2005 Nissan Kubistar?

Submitted: 22/12/2011 08:52:22 | ID: 74651

Keith Calver, Suffolk

Nissan Kubistar 2005

At what mileage does the cambelt need to be changed on a Nissan Kubistar? As I have no service book...

Submitted: 09/12/2011 09:29:35 | ID: 79344

Brian Sage, England

Nissan Kubistar 2003

As soon as the weather turns cool and damp the fan belt on my Nissan Kubistar screams every morning. I have had a new one fitted but it hasn’t made any difference. Anyone else had this problem?

Yes, I have the same problem. Also when going through the gears I lose power until it gets around 2500 revs. Is this the same as you? Shane Long from Ireland

Submitted: 25/10/2011 10:48:19 | ID: 83717

Martin M, England

Nissan Kubistar 2004

The nearside headlight and main beam dip is working but dull. Any ideas? Thanks.

Well you could try the bulb but usually it’s a bad part that makes dull bulbs, unless there is a lot of corrosion on connectors John Swale from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 06/09/2011 14:34:59 | ID: 76342