NISSAN ALMERA TINO questions and answers: Page 2

NISSAN Almera Tino

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN ALMERA TINO models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN ALMERA TINO. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN ALMERA TINO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Bill Kathapurmal, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

My Nissan Almera Tino has a car symbol flashing on the dashboard and the car is difficult to start afterwards. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 23/09/2013 14:14:34 | ID: 54683

Debbie, Angus (Forfarshire)

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

Hi, I am struggling to find a reasonably priced front wiper motor for my Nissan Almera Tino. I have been offered one from a Nissan Kubistart but I don’t know if this would fit. I don’t want to buy it and find out it doesn’t. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 17/09/2013 12:02:51 | ID: 54462

Sue Tideswell, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2006

The emergency situation - super lock system has kicked in and I can not open the front two doors from inside the car. I have followed suggestions to reset from manual but this has NOT worked. Any help gratefully recieved. Thanks.

Submitted: 17/09/2013 11:47:40 | ID: 54312

Simon Iddon, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have a 2001 2.2 diesel, when I go over a bump or rough ground I get a banging sound, metal on metal klunking noise??? Anyone else had this problem? I’ve had it to garage they can’t find nothing, read something about brake calliper pin???

Submitted: 16/09/2013 13:46:31 | ID: 54285

Sandra Kerr, Staffordshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

I have a Nissan Almero Tino, and when it gets warm it tends to judder and then it cuts out, would you know what the problem is as it could be a hazard when driving on a motorway.

Submitted: 16/09/2013 13:32:38 | ID: 54318

Katie Miller, County Antrim

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I recently bought a second hand Nissan Almera Tino privately and was delighted, at first. The first problem occurred when we were packed up ready for a day at the beach - I couldn’t get the car started. The AA were called and got the vehicle started and quoted diagnostic error P160 or something similar - basically the immobilser. The AA man followed me to a garage who were unable to assist. They took the car to Charles Hurst Nissan who replaced a number of items at the huge cost of £600. Then the car ran smoothly for almost 5 days! We were on holiday and the same problem occurred again. Charles Hurst have the car again and are now seeking more money for checking what the problem might be, not even for fixing it! What shall I do?

Submitted: 05/09/2013 14:24:23 | ID: 53989

Jim Evans, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino was running perfectly, I stopped, turned the engine off for about one minute and when I started off again the automatic gearbox will not move out of first gear. Has anybody any idea as to what the problem is?

Submitted: 02/09/2013 16:25:22 | ID: 53919

Paul Whittingham, Lancashire

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I`ve just put a new starter motor on my Nissan Almera Tino 1800 CC S but the same problem still remains. When I put the ignition key in to start the engine I just get the click as if my central locking is trying to work? The battery is okay. Can anyone please help?

Submitted: 29/08/2013 14:30:27 | ID: 93203

Grady, Ireland

Nissan Almera Tino 2000

Hi. I have a 2000 Nissan Almera Tino 1.4 petrol old model. For some reason all arrows that indicate fuel, engine heat, rotations and speedometer have stopped working. I thought that would be one of the fuses but have had them checked and all are okay. However there may be a problem with the relay if there is one and if it is I would like to know how to find it and check it, or could it be something else? Thanks. (Sedan)

Submitted: 27/08/2013 14:52:14 | ID: 91721

Chris, Aberdeenshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

Hello guys. Recently someone tried to open the fuel flap of my Nissan Almera Tino but all he/she managed to do was to break the lower hinge on the flap. I have ordered a used one and I need some instructions on how I could fit it on the car. Can anyone help please?Thanks.

Submitted: 23/07/2013 10:48:41 | ID: 52856

Kate Brown, Orkney Islands

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

I’m trying to find child car-seats that are compatible with my Nissan Almera Tino. The long seat-belt stems make it hard to find a seat that doesn’t result in buckle crunch. I just discovered it has isofix but am struggling to find info on a compatible group 0 car-seat. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 22/07/2013 10:15:20 | ID: 66426

Viktor Simeonov, Bulgaria

Nissan Almera Tino 2000

Hello, I have a problem with locking my Nissan Almera Tino. When I press the open button it only opens the driver`s door, no other. Then I need to open them with the key from the driver`s door. When I want to lock the car all doors close except the driver`s which doesn’t want to close. Also I can`t use the button inside the car for locking the doors and opening the windows. Please can anybody help? (1.8 16V QG18DE Engine)

When I open my doors I press once for drivers door and twice for all doors. Did you do this? One press of ’lock’ should lock all doors.- Will Howar from England.

Submitted: 22/07/2013 09:59:34 | ID: 66421

Philip Whitmore, Nottinghamshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have just had my Nissan Almera Tino serviced and l have been told l need four coil packs replacing and my engine warning light has come back on,. Can anyone tell me how to clear this light when the parts have been fitted? Many thanks.

Submitted: 25/06/2013 15:19:27 | ID: 59290

Will, Durham

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I purchased my Tino in January 2013 with 55.000 on the clock, it’s now up to 60,000. It drives great, so smooth, passed the MOT last week (20/5/13) with no advisories and perfect emissions test, but... whenever I stop the car after a drive and walk around the front of the car or open the bonnet I can smell burning / hot oil. The radiator coolant is fine, no loss of fluids, no leaks but the oil goes down to about half way on the dip stick every 1,500 miles or so. Anyone else got this happening? Is it normal? (SE)

Submitted: 28/05/2013 15:48:39 | ID: 55619

Denise Matthews, Somerset

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

I recently had to change the wheel on my Nissan Almera Tino and could not find the key for the locking wheel nuts. Is it stored somewhere I haven’t found or did I just not receive it from the previous owners?

Found mine in a drawer under the passenger seat Steve Inglis from Somerset

Look under the mat also, when you find it, you should ensure you don’t re-lose it by putting it in an envelope clearly marked "KEY" in big letters and keeping it in a safe but obvious place, like on the dashboard or in the back window John O’ Groats from Kent

Submitted: 18/04/2013 12:50:54 | ID: 93112

Glyn Billard, Durham

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s indicators, electric windows and sunroof have just suddenly stopped working, but my hazard lights are okay. I have checked all my fuses and they are all okay too. Can anyone help me please?

Submitted: 18/04/2013 11:40:15 | ID: 93145

Hakeem Kwasi Dzandu, Ghana

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino`s engine gets very hot and the radiator water boils whenever I stop after running it for a few miles. Meanwhile the heater meter is working and is reading that the car is overheating when in motion. The over heating happens when the car stops. Can anyone explain this please?

Submitted: 09/04/2013 09:59:05 | ID: 92758

Lochan Peryagh, Leicestershire

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

I`ve just changed the engine on my Nissan Almera Tino and the exhaust has oil from the previous engine. The warning light is on and the panel indicates problems in the engine control system. There`s a remote chance of breakdown and I have to avoid high speed. What should I do?

If you’ve left the exhaust in a contaminated state, the engine management will pick up the fact that it cannot get a correct reading from the exhaust sensors, and the catalytic converter is probably knackered too. I’d suggest either driving it for a good, long journey to see if the fault code clears, or clean / replace the exhaust system John Greenslade from Powys

Submitted: 18/03/2013 09:45:57 | ID: 91745

Lee Gardiner, Kent

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

Hi. I’ve got water in my Nissan Almera Tino`s engine. I drove into just over a foot of water and it cut out. I’ve disconnected the sparks from the battery and there was a little water in one, so I took out the air inlet filter and that was fairly dry. All electrics inside the car ie radio, lights worked fine just after. Can anyone offer any other hints or tips before I take it in for a big bill? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Submitted: 25/02/2013 15:35:26 | ID: 90976

Ese Ehworho, Nigeria

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I`ve just imported a Nissan Almera Tino from Germany and my manual is in German but I need to reset the time. How do I do that? Also how can I get an English version of the manual?

Press "SET" on the control panel, then scroll to "clock" and reset it. You can also download the service manual at http://pdftown.com/PDF-Nissan-Almera-Tino-Service-Manual.html Rob from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 18/02/2013 14:40:23 | ID: 67356

Robert Gray, Cumberland

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

My Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 started to hesitate while cruising. My local garage changed the o2 sensor which removed the error code. The symptoms got worse and the idle speed would drop dramatically as the engine warmed and would cut out when the car was stopped if the revs weren’t kept up. We then changed the electronic throttle body but no difference. We performed a re-learn procedure but no change. My local Nissan dealer suggested it may be the ECU so I had it checked and it was certified as okay. After replacing the ECU and running a further diagnostic the coolant sensor was found to be reading -40 so it too was replaced. The car now accelerates well and runs much better, but the idle speed varies between 1000 and 2000 RPM when cold and 500 - 100 when warm and the engine still hesitates slighly when warm. Can anyone help?

I don’t know if the 1.8 engine is turbochraged but I have a similar problem on 2003 Tino 2.2 DDti /diesel. I suspect fouled-up EGR volume control valve since I have read on couple of occassions that this is typical for it to cause this problem in a Tino... Frank J Vacha from Czech Republic

Submitted: 04/02/2013 10:43:19 | ID: 90206

B R, Staffordshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

Having changed my Nissan Almera Tino`s battery last June it has lost charge a number of times and recently just after a few hours driving. I had a new battery and the next day it was totally drained flat. What is causing this? (2.2diesel)

Submitted: 01/02/2013 09:17:13 | ID: 90088

Andrea Lowe, Barbados

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

My Nissan Almera Tino`s screen keeps showing a warning for service due. My vehicle was serviced by a Nissan dealer but they were unable to reset it, I have tried and I am also unable to reset this message. What should I do? (SE Petrol)

Turn off radio, then ignition. Turn on ignition then hold down the INFO button and slowly turn up the volume knob. This should display a service menu where you can reset the service interval. Select ok, the screen will reboot and the service message will be gone Mart from England

Submitted: 08/01/2013 09:14:01 | ID: 67280

Manye Reyes, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

Hi, where is the cd player located in my Nissan Almera Tino? I found the dvd player. I can’t access this to change the music. Can someone show me a photo where is it located or just a link or tell me where it is? Thanks.

Below the passenger front seat Lovemore Tavaziva from Zimbabwe

Submitted: 08/01/2013 09:02:57 | ID: 67217

Jan Erik, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

When I open the passenger door of my Nissan Almera Tino the electronic locking seems to actuate on and off randomly. It seems to be related to the passenger door but it is hard to tell because of the random nature of the problem. Any ideas?

Submitted: 07/01/2013 16:36:44 | ID: 67203

Mark Glasspool, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

I was driving today and for the first time ever my Nissan Almera Tino`s engine cut out, the power steering went and it wouldn`t start the first 6 times I tried to start it, then it started. Now the yellow light has come on. Last week I parked my car over a wet area and it wouldn`t start for a while and today I went through a large puddle. Could this issue be damp or is it far more serious?

Submitted: 07/01/2013 14:12:12 | ID: 67115

Karen Lindsay, Lancashire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

There is a constant beeping sound from my Nissan Almera Tino when indicating left. Can anyone tell me what is causing this or how to rectify it?

Submitted: 27/11/2012 10:23:44 | ID: 63475

Alby Finn, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s engine takes time to build up speed. I have replaced the air oil petrol filters. When going uphill it slows down. Diesel engine primed petrol filter so there`s no air leakage. What should I do?

Submitted: 26/11/2012 10:41:58 | ID: 63342

Kalanchy Blaze, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

Hi folks I need some help. I just got a Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 diesel. The gear lever works fine and changes smoothly to all 6 gears but sometimes when changing to third gear it goes into first gear and it becomes too difficult to put it in third gear. What seems to be the problem?

Submitted: 15/11/2012 14:06:55 | ID: 92955

Neil Perkins, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

Hello, my Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 di is very sluggish on set off. It doesn’t like hills but is great on flat roads. Could anyone diagnose or recommend anything for me to change? Many thanks in advance. (2.2 se+Di)

Submitted: 13/11/2012 10:05:44 | ID: 92422

Alf Blake, Middlesex

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

For the last 2 weeks my Nissan Almera Tino has had oil smoke on start up for 4 or 5 minutes then it`s been okay all day. If you let it stand for 5 hours then more some days there`s no smoke. What`s the problem? (mpv)

Submitted: 09/11/2012 14:04:37 | ID: 91939

Galin Dishev, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

How can I change the unlocking mode on the key fob of my Nissan Almera Tino 2003 from Selective unlock mode? As it is set now only the driver’s door unlocks when I press the unlock button on the key fob only once. I would like to change it to Convenience unlock mode, when all the doors are unlocked with one press of the unlock button on the key fob. Is it possible to do it on my Nissan and if so how can I do it? (SVE, petrol)

Hold both buttons for about 10 seconds, this changes the mode John W from England

Submitted: 09/11/2012 09:11:58 | ID: 91833

Alan Wilcock, Cumberland

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

The heater on my Nissan Almera Tino 2002 is blowing hot air all the time, even when the switch is on it`s cold setting and even if the air con is active. Is this a fuse issue? Please can anyone give any solution? Regards.

Hi. I have this on my wife’s Tino. The problem is that the heat control is on a cable that can become kinked when you move it too quickly from hot to cold and back. When this happens, the cable sleeve moves backwards and forwards, but the cable itself doesn’t move, so the control in the dashboard stays on hot. We had a garage secure the cable sleeve with cable ties, which held it still so the actual cable could move. That works for a while, but eventually you may need a replacement part. Rhey are on ebay but make sure you get one with A/C if you need it. Hope that helps Tony Simper from Berkshire

The cable retainer bracket has broken so the temperature control knob does not pull the cable. There is a kit available from Nissan for only a few pounds or you could replace the complete heater control unit for about £160 DC from Yorkshire

Submitted: 01/11/2012 12:17:45 | ID: 89425

Palesa Ntsihlele, South Africa

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino has an overheating problem. It just stops in the middle of the road and it would not start until it is cool. Any ideas?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 12:45:47 | ID: 65171

Gary, Cheshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s crankshaft position sensor A circuit shows as the fault on my code reader. I am not a mechanic but heard a low battery could cause this. However I have still been using the car with no real problems so far. Where is the crankshaft sensor on the 1,8 petrol Tino? I would rather replace it than delete the fault code.

You should be able to find it at this link for the service manual... Had mine changed at a private garage, cost me £90 all in Kit from Lincolnshire

Crankshaft sensor is located on the gearbox housing. 5 minute job James W from Devon

Submitted: 18/10/2012 11:16:07 | ID: 52984

Paula Lynn, Northern Ireland

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I bought my Nissan Almera Tino in July this year, but I`m finding it really difficult to get the middle rear seat to fold down. I have pulled the lever at the side but it wont go forward? Also there is a bad scraping noise coming from the back when I`m driving which seems to be getting worse. Can anyone help?

There is a toggle on the other side of seat, you need to pull the toggle forward and then the seat will fold flat S GEE from England

The scraping noise may be the rear heat shield has come adrift, mine rattles worse when I turn off the engine, my garage says it’s a common design fault of a needless accessory Wayne Sharp from Norfolk

Submitted: 04/10/2012 10:23:48 | ID: 68226

Tony Ebbs, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

The round heater dial on my Nissan Almera Tino has stopped working. Initially the local garage said it was because the cable/wire connected to it had become warped. Replacing this didn’t work though and I’m now told that the heater box flaps have jammed and it’s not economically viable to repair or replace. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Also I thought my exhaust was loose but the local garage said it was a rusted heat shield. They removed it and said it wasn’t really necessary to replace it. Is this true/safe? (1.8)

Submitted: 02/10/2012 09:43:06 | ID: 81385

Cara Cannons, Sussex

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s headlights are badly corroded with scale. Someone said that there is a recall for them. Where do you look to get that information and then do you go to a Nissan garage? Thanks.

If you have no luck getting it done for free. Do your lights look frosted on the front of the lens if so, you can get a kit from turtle wax or 3M (3M kit has an attachment for a drill) to polish them, I had this problem and just bought a pack of wet and dry emery paper ranging from 240 grit to 1200 grit and sanded the lenses with progressivly finer paper, once I finished with 1200 grit I then used a fine cutting compound, took about an hour per light by hand, I now have a decent beam of light where there was once a useless blob of yellow Mark S from Wiltshire

Did you have your Tino headlights polished , thanks Stephen from Cambridgeshire

Did you have your Tino headlights polished , thanks Stephen from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 20/09/2012 14:22:58 | ID: 86208

Jason, Hertfordshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

When slowing down to overtake a cyclist I was travelling at about 25mph in my Nissan Almera Tino and when I tried to speed back up I got no response from the throttle. The rev counter dropped to 0, malfunction light came on briefly but when I turned the engine off and back on everything was fine, no light stayed on and the engine response was fine. What should I do? (SE)

I have the same problem with my Tino 2005 2.2 diesel, the rev counter dropped, hardly any response from the throttle. Knocked off the engine and restarted the car all back to normal and this happens on a regular basis Terry Bundy from Rhondda Cynon Taff

Submitted: 17/09/2012 16:44:59 | ID: 84949

Mike Greaves, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

Hi. I have fitted a cd player in my Nissan Almera Tino and now it shows "secure". What does it mean? The player is from another Nissan. I hope someone can help.

Hi, my friend had a problem with her radio. She had to take it to a Nissan dealer and get them to sort it out. It cost her £90 Karen O’Connor from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 11/09/2012 12:20:39 | ID: 71552