NISSAN ALMERA TINO questions and answers: Page 2

NISSAN Almera Tino

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN ALMERA TINO models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN ALMERA TINO. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN ALMERA TINO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Chris, Aberdeenshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

Hello guys. Recently someone tried to open the fuel flap of my Nissan Almera Tino but all he/she managed to do was to break the lower hinge on the flap. I have ordered a used one and I need some instructions on how I could fit it on the car. Can anyone help please?Thanks.

Submitted: 23/07/2013 10:48:41 | ID: 52856

Kate Brown, Orkney Islands

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

I’m trying to find child car-seats that are compatible with my Nissan Almera Tino. The long seat-belt stems make it hard to find a seat that doesn’t result in buckle crunch. I just discovered it has isofix but am struggling to find info on a compatible group 0 car-seat. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 22/07/2013 10:15:20 | ID: 66426

Viktor Simeonov, Bulgaria

Nissan Almera Tino 2000

Hello, I have a problem with locking my Nissan Almera Tino. When I press the open button it only opens the driver`s door, no other. Then I need to open them with the key from the driver`s door. When I want to lock the car all doors close except the driver`s which doesn’t want to close. Also I can`t use the button inside the car for locking the doors and opening the windows. Please can anybody help? (1.8 16V QG18DE Engine)

When I open my doors I press once for drivers door and twice for all doors. Did you do this? One press of ’lock’ should lock all doors.- Will Howar from England.

Submitted: 22/07/2013 09:59:34 | ID: 66421

Philip Whitmore, Nottinghamshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have just had my Nissan Almera Tino serviced and l have been told l need four coil packs replacing and my engine warning light has come back on,. Can anyone tell me how to clear this light when the parts have been fitted? Many thanks.

Submitted: 25/06/2013 15:19:27 | ID: 59290

Will, Durham

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I purchased my Tino in January 2013 with 55.000 on the clock, it’s now up to 60,000. It drives great, so smooth, passed the MOT last week (20/5/13) with no advisories and perfect emissions test, but... whenever I stop the car after a drive and walk around the front of the car or open the bonnet I can smell burning / hot oil. The radiator coolant is fine, no loss of fluids, no leaks but the oil goes down to about half way on the dip stick every 1,500 miles or so. Anyone else got this happening? Is it normal? (SE)

Submitted: 28/05/2013 15:48:39 | ID: 55619

Denise Matthews, Somerset

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

I recently had to change the wheel on my Nissan Almera Tino and could not find the key for the locking wheel nuts. Is it stored somewhere I haven’t found or did I just not receive it from the previous owners?

Found mine in a drawer under the passenger seat Steve Inglis from Somerset

Look under the mat also, when you find it, you should ensure you don’t re-lose it by putting it in an envelope clearly marked "KEY" in big letters and keeping it in a safe but obvious place, like on the dashboard or in the back window John O’ Groats from Kent

Submitted: 18/04/2013 12:50:54 | ID: 93112

Glyn Billard, Durham

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s indicators, electric windows and sunroof have just suddenly stopped working, but my hazard lights are okay. I have checked all my fuses and they are all okay too. Can anyone help me please?

Submitted: 18/04/2013 11:40:15 | ID: 93145

Hakeem Kwasi Dzandu, Ghana

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino`s engine gets very hot and the radiator water boils whenever I stop after running it for a few miles. Meanwhile the heater meter is working and is reading that the car is overheating when in motion. The over heating happens when the car stops. Can anyone explain this please?

Submitted: 09/04/2013 09:59:05 | ID: 92758

Lochan Peryagh, Leicestershire

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

I`ve just changed the engine on my Nissan Almera Tino and the exhaust has oil from the previous engine. The warning light is on and the panel indicates problems in the engine control system. There`s a remote chance of breakdown and I have to avoid high speed. What should I do?

If you’ve left the exhaust in a contaminated state, the engine management will pick up the fact that it cannot get a correct reading from the exhaust sensors, and the catalytic converter is probably knackered too. I’d suggest either driving it for a good, long journey to see if the fault code clears, or clean / replace the exhaust system John Greenslade from Powys

Submitted: 18/03/2013 09:45:57 | ID: 91745

Lee Gardiner, Kent

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

Hi. I’ve got water in my Nissan Almera Tino`s engine. I drove into just over a foot of water and it cut out. I’ve disconnected the sparks from the battery and there was a little water in one, so I took out the air inlet filter and that was fairly dry. All electrics inside the car ie radio, lights worked fine just after. Can anyone offer any other hints or tips before I take it in for a big bill? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Submitted: 25/02/2013 15:35:26 | ID: 90976

Ese Ehworho, Nigeria

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I`ve just imported a Nissan Almera Tino from Germany and my manual is in German but I need to reset the time. How do I do that? Also how can I get an English version of the manual?

Press "SET" on the control panel, then scroll to "clock" and reset it. You can also download the service manual at http://pdftown.com/PDF-Nissan-Almera-Tino-Service-Manual.html Rob from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 18/02/2013 14:40:23 | ID: 67356

Robert Gray, Cumberland

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

My Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 started to hesitate while cruising. My local garage changed the o2 sensor which removed the error code. The symptoms got worse and the idle speed would drop dramatically as the engine warmed and would cut out when the car was stopped if the revs weren’t kept up. We then changed the electronic throttle body but no difference. We performed a re-learn procedure but no change. My local Nissan dealer suggested it may be the ECU so I had it checked and it was certified as okay. After replacing the ECU and running a further diagnostic the coolant sensor was found to be reading -40 so it too was replaced. The car now accelerates well and runs much better, but the idle speed varies between 1000 and 2000 RPM when cold and 500 - 100 when warm and the engine still hesitates slighly when warm. Can anyone help?

I don’t know if the 1.8 engine is turbochraged but I have a similar problem on 2003 Tino 2.2 DDti /diesel. I suspect fouled-up EGR volume control valve since I have read on couple of occassions that this is typical for it to cause this problem in a Tino... Frank J Vacha from Czech Republic

Submitted: 04/02/2013 10:43:19 | ID: 90206

B R, Staffordshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

Having changed my Nissan Almera Tino`s battery last June it has lost charge a number of times and recently just after a few hours driving. I had a new battery and the next day it was totally drained flat. What is causing this? (2.2diesel)

Submitted: 01/02/2013 09:17:13 | ID: 90088

Andrea Lowe, Barbados

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

My Nissan Almera Tino`s screen keeps showing a warning for service due. My vehicle was serviced by a Nissan dealer but they were unable to reset it, I have tried and I am also unable to reset this message. What should I do? (SE Petrol)

Turn off radio, then ignition. Turn on ignition then hold down the INFO button and slowly turn up the volume knob. This should display a service menu where you can reset the service interval. Select ok, the screen will reboot and the service message will be gone Mart from England

Submitted: 08/01/2013 09:14:01 | ID: 67280

Manye Reyes, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

Hi, where is the cd player located in my Nissan Almera Tino? I found the dvd player. I can’t access this to change the music. Can someone show me a photo where is it located or just a link or tell me where it is? Thanks.

Below the passenger front seat Lovemore Tavaziva from Zimbabwe

Submitted: 08/01/2013 09:02:57 | ID: 67217

Jan Erik, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

When I open the passenger door of my Nissan Almera Tino the electronic locking seems to actuate on and off randomly. It seems to be related to the passenger door but it is hard to tell because of the random nature of the problem. Any ideas?

Submitted: 07/01/2013 16:36:44 | ID: 67203

Mark Glasspool, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

I was driving today and for the first time ever my Nissan Almera Tino`s engine cut out, the power steering went and it wouldn`t start the first 6 times I tried to start it, then it started. Now the yellow light has come on. Last week I parked my car over a wet area and it wouldn`t start for a while and today I went through a large puddle. Could this issue be damp or is it far more serious?

Submitted: 07/01/2013 14:12:12 | ID: 67115

Karen Lindsay, Lancashire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

There is a constant beeping sound from my Nissan Almera Tino when indicating left. Can anyone tell me what is causing this or how to rectify it?

Submitted: 27/11/2012 10:23:44 | ID: 63475

Alby Finn, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s engine takes time to build up speed. I have replaced the air oil petrol filters. When going uphill it slows down. Diesel engine primed petrol filter so there`s no air leakage. What should I do?

Submitted: 26/11/2012 10:41:58 | ID: 63342

Kalanchy Blaze, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

Hi folks I need some help. I just got a Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 diesel. The gear lever works fine and changes smoothly to all 6 gears but sometimes when changing to third gear it goes into first gear and it becomes too difficult to put it in third gear. What seems to be the problem?

Submitted: 15/11/2012 14:06:55 | ID: 92955

Neil Perkins, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

Hello, my Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 di is very sluggish on set off. It doesn’t like hills but is great on flat roads. Could anyone diagnose or recommend anything for me to change? Many thanks in advance. (2.2 se+Di)

Submitted: 13/11/2012 10:05:44 | ID: 92422

Alf Blake, Middlesex

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

For the last 2 weeks my Nissan Almera Tino has had oil smoke on start up for 4 or 5 minutes then it`s been okay all day. If you let it stand for 5 hours then more some days there`s no smoke. What`s the problem? (mpv)

Submitted: 09/11/2012 14:04:37 | ID: 91939

Galin Dishev, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

How can I change the unlocking mode on the key fob of my Nissan Almera Tino 2003 from Selective unlock mode? As it is set now only the driver’s door unlocks when I press the unlock button on the key fob only once. I would like to change it to Convenience unlock mode, when all the doors are unlocked with one press of the unlock button on the key fob. Is it possible to do it on my Nissan and if so how can I do it? (SVE, petrol)

Hold both buttons for about 10 seconds, this changes the mode John W from England

Submitted: 09/11/2012 09:11:58 | ID: 91833

Alan Wilcock, Cumberland

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

The heater on my Nissan Almera Tino 2002 is blowing hot air all the time, even when the switch is on it`s cold setting and even if the air con is active. Is this a fuse issue? Please can anyone give any solution? Regards.

Hi. I have this on my wife’s Tino. The problem is that the heat control is on a cable that can become kinked when you move it too quickly from hot to cold and back. When this happens, the cable sleeve moves backwards and forwards, but the cable itself doesn’t move, so the control in the dashboard stays on hot. We had a garage secure the cable sleeve with cable ties, which held it still so the actual cable could move. That works for a while, but eventually you may need a replacement part. Rhey are on ebay but make sure you get one with A/C if you need it. Hope that helps Tony Simper from Berkshire

The cable retainer bracket has broken so the temperature control knob does not pull the cable. There is a kit available from Nissan for only a few pounds or you could replace the complete heater control unit for about £160 DC from Yorkshire

Submitted: 01/11/2012 12:17:45 | ID: 89425

Palesa Ntsihlele, South Africa

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino has an overheating problem. It just stops in the middle of the road and it would not start until it is cool. Any ideas?

Submitted: 18/10/2012 12:45:47 | ID: 65171

Gary, Cheshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s crankshaft position sensor A circuit shows as the fault on my code reader. I am not a mechanic but heard a low battery could cause this. However I have still been using the car with no real problems so far. Where is the crankshaft sensor on the 1,8 petrol Tino? I would rather replace it than delete the fault code.

You should be able to find it at this link for the service manual... Had mine changed at a private garage, cost me £90 all in Kit from Lincolnshire

Crankshaft sensor is located on the gearbox housing. 5 minute job James W from Devon

Submitted: 18/10/2012 11:16:07 | ID: 52984

Paula Lynn, Northern Ireland

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I bought my Nissan Almera Tino in July this year, but I`m finding it really difficult to get the middle rear seat to fold down. I have pulled the lever at the side but it wont go forward? Also there is a bad scraping noise coming from the back when I`m driving which seems to be getting worse. Can anyone help?

There is a toggle on the other side of seat, you need to pull the toggle forward and then the seat will fold flat S GEE from England

The scraping noise may be the rear heat shield has come adrift, mine rattles worse when I turn off the engine, my garage says it’s a common design fault of a needless accessory Wayne Sharp from Norfolk

Submitted: 04/10/2012 10:23:48 | ID: 68226

Tony Ebbs, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

The round heater dial on my Nissan Almera Tino has stopped working. Initially the local garage said it was because the cable/wire connected to it had become warped. Replacing this didn’t work though and I’m now told that the heater box flaps have jammed and it’s not economically viable to repair or replace. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Also I thought my exhaust was loose but the local garage said it was a rusted heat shield. They removed it and said it wasn’t really necessary to replace it. Is this true/safe? (1.8)

Submitted: 02/10/2012 09:43:06 | ID: 81385

Cara Cannons, Sussex

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s headlights are badly corroded with scale. Someone said that there is a recall for them. Where do you look to get that information and then do you go to a Nissan garage? Thanks.

If you have no luck getting it done for free. Do your lights look frosted on the front of the lens if so, you can get a kit from turtle wax or 3M (3M kit has an attachment for a drill) to polish them, I had this problem and just bought a pack of wet and dry emery paper ranging from 240 grit to 1200 grit and sanded the lenses with progressivly finer paper, once I finished with 1200 grit I then used a fine cutting compound, took about an hour per light by hand, I now have a decent beam of light where there was once a useless blob of yellow Mark S from Wiltshire

Submitted: 20/09/2012 14:22:58 | ID: 86208

Jason, Hertfordshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

When slowing down to overtake a cyclist I was travelling at about 25mph in my Nissan Almera Tino and when I tried to speed back up I got no response from the throttle. The rev counter dropped to 0, malfunction light came on briefly but when I turned the engine off and back on everything was fine, no light stayed on and the engine response was fine. What should I do? (SE)

I have the same problem with my Tino 2005 2.2 diesel, the rev counter dropped, hardly any response from the throttle. Knocked off the engine and restarted the car all back to normal and this happens on a regular basis Terry Bundy from Rhondda Cynon Taff

Submitted: 17/09/2012 16:44:59 | ID: 84949

Mike Greaves, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

Hi. I have fitted a cd player in my Nissan Almera Tino and now it shows "secure". What does it mean? The player is from another Nissan. I hope someone can help.

Hi, my friend had a problem with her radio. She had to take it to a Nissan dealer and get them to sort it out. It cost her £90 Karen O’Connor from Northamptonshire

Submitted: 11/09/2012 12:20:39 | ID: 71552

Gary Smith, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

Where do I find the paint code for my Nissan Almera Tino?

Under the drivers seat, lift the flap of carpet, the code is stamped on the chassis plate (3 digits) Mark Hallwood from England.

Submitted: 06/09/2012 11:30:54 | ID: 74228

Mike Vickers, Gloucestershire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino`s heated rear windscreen doesn’t work. It worked last winter but was sluggish. I had to stab away at the button lots of times before the yellow light eventually - and very reluctantly - began to glimmer. This light slowly got stronger with multiple useage, with the demister then working perfectly. It continued to work fine all winter. Now there’s nothing. When I press the switch I can hear a relay clicking behind a panel below and to the right of the steering wheel. I don’t think the actual demister on the rear screen is faulty or damaged, it seems to be either the switch on the dash or the relay. Does anyone have any advice on where to look and how to fix this before Jack Frost makes his annual unwelcome appearance? (SE DI 2.2)

Answering my own question here, so this is how I fixed the dilemma of the reluctant heated rear window. Firstly, go find your friendly local one-man garage guy and tell him your story. Being an amiable sort of chap, he suggested it would be easiest and cheapest to repair it myself. The clicking I can hear is the demister relay, located behind the plastic panel beside the accelerator pedal. There are two relays here, the one you want is behind a screw-on bracket and is actually located inside the body panel. It has thick wires leading from it. Garage Guy top tip - by putting your finger on the relay body you can feel it click when it operates, thus confirming this is the correct relay. Remove the relay and drive to your local car breaker and second-hand parts emporium. See friendly guy number two. Give him the faulty relay. He goes out the back, clambers over a pile of dismantled cars and returns five minutes later with an identical relay. You pay him £4.50, return home, fit the new second-hand relay and everything suddenly works just dandy. Hope this helps anyone who has experienced this particular problem. Mike Vickers from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 03/09/2012 14:42:33 | ID: 88050

Ann Reynolds, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

Hello, we recently brought a Nissan Almera Tino from a dealer but did not receive a manual. Can anyone please tell me how we operate the child locks as our toddler has learnt how to open the door? Thank you.

It’s just a switch on the inside of the doors Gary Smith from England

Black circle on the door panel when you open the door, flick the switch Martin Hursy from Cumberland

Hi - also had this problem with my Tino. Child locks are located on the outside edges of the rear doors, near where the locking mechanism is. I think you just slide it across James Watkins from Cambridgeshire

Open the rear doors and you’ll find a small sliding metal mechanism marked "Child Safety", ensure the latch is in the lower (locked) position, this will ensure the door cannot be opened from the inside. Hope this helps Stephen Evans from Lancashire

Also the service manual may be useful at http://pdftown.com/PDF-Nissan-Almera-Tino-Service-Manual.html Kim from Lincolnshire

Submitted: 03/09/2012 12:15:25 | ID: 87681

Juliana Nyikavaranda, London

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino`s fob key battery has run out and the immobiliser is still activated. What should I do?

Submitted: 31/08/2012 12:48:06 | ID: 87642

Pete Harcourt, Somerset

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

I had driven about forty miles in my Nissan Almera Tino and had just pulled out and accelerated to pass a vehicle, I was doing about 65mph and the vehicle lost power. I was pushing on the accelerator but there were no revs and it dropped to about 30mph. I pulled over and stopped for about 40 minutes and after I continued for another 70 miles with no problems. What does anyone think?

Submitted: 24/08/2012 14:30:04 | ID: 86411

Ben Maloney, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino suddenly lost power on drive off at roundabout with bellows of white smoke, then limped home, I’m guessing on two cylinders, very smoky and a bad rattle from top of engine. I had the injectors tested and cleaned and they came back with no fault. I’ve been told it is a fuel problem, can anyone help? Thanks. (diesel)

Submitted: 08/08/2012 14:20:04 | ID: 72869

Richard Woods, Sussex

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino starts fine but when the accelerator is pressed it hesitates and can stall if I`m not gentle at this stage. When driving it can do the same and my answer is to change down quickly and the revs come back. Seems okay when full temperature is reached but does hesitate at speed sometimes in the same way. Does anyone know what`s wrong? (S petrol)

Submitted: 31/07/2012 11:31:49 | ID: 88784

Geoff Ewen, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

My Nissan Almera Tino`s heater blower only works intermittently. Is this the resistor or relay and does anyone know the location of the relay?

Submitted: 26/07/2012 14:02:19 | ID: 88368

Monika Pacholec, Ireland

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

My little daugther took the key of my Nissan Almera Tino and pressed the open and close button many times and now all the doors are locked. We can’t even open them from the inside and can only access the car from the passenger door. I brought it to a mechanic and at first he thought she had activated Dead Lock but it turns out it’s not. He put it under the computer but can’t find fault? Can anyone suggest an answer? (petrol)

Try a new battery in the keyfob then put key in ignition, turn on so the ignition lights come on but don’t start the car. Then press and hold the lock button down for 5 seconds on the keyfob. Remove the key and step outside the vehicle and try to lock/unlock it. You may need to do this a couple of times John from England

Submitted: 26/07/2012 11:24:32 | ID: 88311