NISSAN ALMERA TINO questions and answers: Page 2

NISSAN Almera Tino

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN ALMERA TINO models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN ALMERA TINO. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN ALMERA TINO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

dave holyfield, Gwynedd

Nissan Almera Tino

I have a problem with abs in that when I am braking I sometimes get a tapping under my foot for want of a better description . This is since I replaced rear offside sensor any idea please

Submitted: 06/07/2014 18:07:48 | ID: 99087

Ed, Hampshire

Nissan Almera Tino

For some while now the radio in my Nissan Almera Tino will not reach full volume, which makes it almost impossible to listen to once I get above a certain speed due to tyre and wind noise. The same volume control for the CD works fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Submitted: 01/07/2014 20:43:01 | ID: 98817

Mr psalm , Nigeria

Nissan Almera Tino

The car does not horn when i lock and unlock with the car wireless keys. Please what could be the reason and solution. Also, where can i get to download the owners manual. Thanks

Submitted: 28/06/2014 17:58:37 | ID: 98625

neil pickering, Derbyshire

Nissan Almera Tino

Hello, my Nissan Almera Tino starts fine first thing in the morning but when it gets hot it won`t idle all of the time. When it stalls it is then hard to restart. When the engine is cool it will restart fine. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 23/06/2014 23:03:01 | ID: 98327

Vincent Okpe, Nigeria

Nissan Almera Tino

I have a Nissan Almera Tino and on the dashboard there is a light 'SPORT' and the Seatbelt Light that are constantly on. Please what is the cause and how do I get it fixed?

Do you have automatic transmission?miki from Slovakia

Submitted: 07/06/2014 12:43:50 | ID: 97104

grahame best, Hartlepool

Nissan Almera Tino

How do I change the broken glass in my sunroof?

Submitted: 31/05/2014 13:27:07 | ID: 96593

david walker, East Riding of Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino

hi i have a nissan almera tino 1.8 when i brake there is a bang bang bang as iam stopping the car, it seems to be coming from the front wheel drivers side.

Submitted: 26/05/2014 17:37:55 | ID: 96202

Maurice Sewter, Lancashire

Nissan Almera Tino

how do you replace the bulb in the hazard warning lights switch?

Hi I dont think they are fitted with one? my tino does not illuminate, i have a spare one and same with that too,i may be wrong but not mentioned on mot ? wayne from Flintshire

Submitted: 25/05/2014 16:02:13 | ID: 96129

Colin, Flintshire

Nissan Almera Tino

I am looking for a lambda sensor I have found the top one on the exhaust manifold I cannot see the second sensor I think it must be on the exhaust pipe under the car

you are right,its under car towards rear of engine,you need ramps or a jack to raise car,dont forget to securley support with stands if using a jack!! wayne from Flintshire

Submitted: 19/05/2014 17:59:35 | ID: 95726

mark smith, Tyne and Wear

Nissan Almera Tino

picture of car with key in middle coming on dashboard and car wont start

key code issue.If its the 2.2 diesel could be bosch fuel pump.I had one same issue diagnostics showed allsorts but turned out to be pump. if not diesel check key,or if you have spare try it,otherwise you need a diagnostics check as this light relates to nats system i think. wayne from Flintshire

Submitted: 15/05/2014 14:06:14 | ID: 95553

tony, Greater London

Nissan Almera Tino

my sunroof and windows have just stopped working all fuses are ok.

Submitted: 10/04/2014 12:06:08 | ID: 94073

KERRY BOWEN, Kent

Nissan Almera Tino

The boot on my Nissan Almera Tino doesn't open when all the other doors do and the cockpit lights no longer work. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Don't know about the lights but the boot door is easy... This one drove me round the bend looking for it..... The boot handle itself sticks. When you pull it to open the boot it does not return fully and then it won't work next time. Put your fingers into the handle as normal but push BACK first. It will then open as normal. Make sure it is pushed back afterwards or it will not lock, or it might just half lock and fly open. Another job for WD40 - LOTS of it! nigel from Warwickshire

Submitted: 09/04/2014 12:56:15 | ID: 94031

Dessie Smith, Caithness

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

I have a tow bar connected to my Nissan Almera Tino but not wired into the car. I`m wanting to know are there sensors that I wire to or just to the lights and indicators? Please help, thank you. (2.2 dci)

Submitted: 31/03/2014 16:27:18 | ID: 93559

Richard Howard, Lancashire

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

I have a Nissan Almera Tino 53 reg and my car runs fine but under braking it makes a clicking /grinding noise. I have changed the brake discs and pads and bearings and it only happens on the near side front, the off side is fine. Has anyone got any idea what this could be because I am at a loss as to what more I can do?

ours did this. took it to nissan told us it was the abs ring which is at the back of the drive shaft and by the way that cost us £140. so if this is it have a go your self. the abs ring is about 10.00. garage may take about 3 hours. DAVE from Greater Manchester

Submitted: 13/03/2014 14:28:54 | ID: 62771

Anene Steve Obi, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I was driving my Nissan Almera Tino and I noticed that the gears are not selecting normally, but after I parked it for 20 minutes and then drove it was changing normally. What`s the cause?

Submitted: 07/03/2014 11:28:33 | ID: 62662

Barry Barnes, Nottinghamshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino has done 127,000 miles and I think it`s time to change the timing chain. Can you tell me if this is a simple job or is it a job for a mechanic? Thanks.

this is a job for the mechanic DAVE from Greater Manchester

Submitted: 18/02/2014 14:05:52 | ID: 62199

Julie Whittaker, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

I have a Nissan Almera Tino and my fan and heater have stopped working. Could it be the heater fan resistor block and if so where is it situated?

Submitted: 10/02/2014 15:12:21 | ID: 61860

Andy Carolan, Ireland

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino`s air bag light stays on constantly and when checked by diagnostics it doesn`t read an airbag at all from the ecu. What could the problem be? I have tried all the on / off stuff but still nothing turns it off. Can anybody offer any help?

Try www.mollystropicalplants.com Sounds like a strange site for help but it came up with the answer. Printed out the instructions and then cleared this fault on my daughter`s 2004 Almera Tino 1.8 Hope it helps. David Carter from Norfolk

It is usually caused by loose wire connections for the airbag under the front passenger seats ( 1 under each), just locate the snap connecter and make sure its seated ,they tend to work loose if the seat/s are regulary moved . Rob from Warwickshire

Submitted: 20/01/2014 10:11:26 | ID: 57225

Shaun Burges, Bridgend

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

How much would it cost to have rear electric windows fitted on my Nissan Almera Tino?

Submitted: 17/01/2014 14:55:24 | ID: 55739

Louis, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have a Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 DCi (diesel). The engine turns but does not start, it does not ’fire’. The glow plug light does not illuminate. I undid the fuel pipes after the fuel filter and spun the engine but no fuel came through. Would the immobiliser prevent fuel flow? Any suggestions to get it back on the road will be much appreciated- thanks.

Submitted: 16/01/2014 14:36:40 | ID: 59746

Matt Richards, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

I have a Nissan Almera Tino 2ltr automatic I went through a large puddle and immediately the sports light came on and it went into sport mode, but the gear stick was in drive. I stopped the car, then started the engine and the sports light stayed on. I can use all options, park, neutral and reverse, but when drive is selected it goes into sport mode. I phoned my Nissan garage who said it sounded like water in the automatic gearbox and basically it`s beyond economical repair. It`s a tidy car and only 62k on the clock. Any ideas?

Submitted: 06/01/2014 10:11:55 | ID: 56308

Richard Blaker, Somerset

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

My Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 cdi has always hunted on tickover but suddenly now the car hunts a couple of times then stalls. It will not tickover for more than five seconds and it takes a while to start. Also for the past year or so the engine would lose all power when going up a gentle gradient and driven gently, I would flick the ignition switch off and on to reset and all would be well for a couple of days. I`ve no idea if these two symptoms are related? Any ideas? Thankyou. (2.2 cdi)

, I would flick the ignition switch off when I was driving and start easily what is the proplem Thankyou. Hussein Hassan from Kent

Submitted: 06/01/2014 09:37:26 | ID: 59432

Tony Stephenson, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have a Nissan Almera Tino. Does anyone know where I can buy a new key to fit my car? I don`t need the chip, just the key. I thought I should be able to buy a key for my reg number?

If you don’t need it to start the car, most key bars will copy your original key for you. Cheers. Martin (Master technician 20+ years) from England

Submitted: 23/12/2013 15:57:27 | ID: 59710

Ron Curnow, Cornwall

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

My Nissan Almera Tino `s handbrake is poor. I got new pads and discs but the wife can`t pull it up hard enough to stop it, so I got new pads from Nissan. I hope it will work this time as items cost £177.60 without discs. Any suggestions? (Mpv)

Its probley the tension on the hand brake cable itself which is the problem and not the pads, had the same prob and adjusted the cable and all good now phil from North Yorkshire

Submitted: 17/12/2013 11:57:42 | ID: 59413

John Williams, Berkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 1994

I have changed the battery in my Nissan Almera Tino`s ignition key as it did not work but it still does not work. However the other key does work the system. Any advice?

Submitted: 19/11/2013 14:43:51 | ID: 58128

Paul Orton, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

The central locking on my Nissan Almera Tino does not work and I can only lock the doors manually but not the boot. What can I do?

You can reprogram the key chip. Turn the ignition on then off six times, the indicators will flash then hold the unlock down and press the lock three times, the indicaters will flash again then remove the finger off the unlock. That works. Tony Stephenson from England

Submitted: 18/11/2013 15:50:35 | ID: 53187

Paul Marsden, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have bought a 2001 Nissan Almera Tino 2.0 petrol automatic SE. I do not know how to collapse it’s back seat tray in it`s resting position. Please can anybody tell me? Also it takes some time to pick up speed after I press on the accelerator and I do not notice any change in it`s speed or running when the sports button is switched on and shows the sports sign on the dashboard? Many thanks. (Tino)

Submitted: 11/11/2013 12:24:52 | ID: 57631

Bob Harrison, Cheshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

After using a trailer all my Nissan Almera Tino’s lights fused. After getting everything working again a symbol comes up with a picture of an engine block detailed. Can anybody give me any information?

That’s the engine check light, there is a fault on your vehicle whether it’s a past fault or present fault you wouldn’t know without putting some sort of code reader (diagnostic tool) on the car to read and erase what it says. Pete from England

Submitted: 28/10/2013 10:46:38 | ID: 53835

Henry Luvieki, London

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino doesn`t start. What should I do? (1800)

Submitted: 24/10/2013 11:55:50 | ID: 56486

Jimmy Songa, Zimbabwe

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 loses power uphill and is heavy on fuel. It was put on the diagnostic machine which reflected that she is firing at 4 degrees before tdc. Another test also revealed that the oxygen sensor is gone. Does anyone know how I can adjust the ignition timing to about 9 degrees btdc?

Submitted: 21/10/2013 15:03:58 | ID: 56418

Stacey McKinlay, Fife and Kinross Shires

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

We have got a Nissan Almera Tino 53 plate and just got the car in June this year. Our car has broken down twice and the immobiliser light keeps flashing and won`t let us start the car. Also when we put the key in the ignition to try to start it we are getting a noise as if we pressed the key to lock the doors. What could this be?

Change the battery in the fob, I had the same problem. RAC explained the voltage is low and not enough to disengage the immobiliser. But is enough to open the doors. Mine now starts first time. Philip Styles from England

Submitted: 21/10/2013 10:30:11 | ID: 56419

Bill Kathapurmal, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

My Nissan Almera Tino has a car symbol flashing on the dashboard and the car is difficult to start afterwards. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 23/09/2013 14:14:34 | ID: 54683

Debbie, Angus (Forfarshire)

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

Hi, I am struggling to find a reasonably priced front wiper motor for my Nissan Almera Tino. I have been offered one from a Nissan Kubistart but I don’t know if this would fit. I don’t want to buy it and find out it doesn’t. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 17/09/2013 12:02:51 | ID: 54462

Sue Tideswell, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2006

The emergency situation - super lock system has kicked in and I can not open the front two doors from inside the car. I have followed suggestions to reset from manual but this has NOT worked. Any help gratefully recieved. Thanks.

Submitted: 17/09/2013 11:47:40 | ID: 54312

Simon Iddon, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have a 2001 2.2 diesel, when I go over a bump or rough ground I get a banging sound, metal on metal klunking noise??? Anyone else had this problem? I’ve had it to garage they can’t find nothing, read something about brake calliper pin???

Hi have your d links replaced this will solv the problem. Kevin from Nottinghamshire

Hi have your d links replaced this will solve the problem. Kevin from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 16/09/2013 13:46:31 | ID: 54285

Sandra Kerr, Staffordshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

I have a Nissan Almero Tino, and when it gets warm it tends to judder and then it cuts out, would you know what the problem is as it could be a hazard when driving on a motorway.

thi could be the ht plugs DAVE from Greater Manchester

Submitted: 16/09/2013 13:32:38 | ID: 54318

Katie Miller, County Antrim

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I recently bought a second hand Nissan Almera Tino privately and was delighted, at first. The first problem occurred when we were packed up ready for a day at the beach - I couldn’t get the car started. The AA were called and got the vehicle started and quoted diagnostic error P160 or something similar - basically the immobilser. The AA man followed me to a garage who were unable to assist. They took the car to Charles Hurst Nissan who replaced a number of items at the huge cost of £600. Then the car ran smoothly for almost 5 days! We were on holiday and the same problem occurred again. Charles Hurst have the car again and are now seeking more money for checking what the problem might be, not even for fixing it! What shall I do?

Submitted: 05/09/2013 14:24:23 | ID: 53989

Jim Evans, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino was running perfectly, I stopped, turned the engine off for about one minute and when I started off again the automatic gearbox will not move out of first gear. Has anybody any idea as to what the problem is?

Submitted: 02/09/2013 16:25:22 | ID: 53919

Paul Whittingham, Lancashire

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I`ve just put a new starter motor on my Nissan Almera Tino 1800 CC S but the same problem still remains. When I put the ignition key in to start the engine I just get the click as if my central locking is trying to work? The battery is okay. Can anyone please help?

Submitted: 29/08/2013 14:30:27 | ID: 93203

Grady, Ireland

Nissan Almera Tino 2000

Hi. I have a 2000 Nissan Almera Tino 1.4 petrol old model. For some reason all arrows that indicate fuel, engine heat, rotations and speedometer have stopped working. I thought that would be one of the fuses but have had them checked and all are okay. However there may be a problem with the relay if there is one and if it is I would like to know how to find it and check it, or could it be something else? Thanks. (Sedan)

Submitted: 27/08/2013 14:52:14 | ID: 91721