NISSAN ALMERA TINO questions and answers: Page 2

NISSAN Almera Tino

Ask and answer questions on a variety of NISSAN ALMERA TINO models. Help and advice on everything NISSAN ALMERA TINO. Feel free to ask and answer as many NISSAN-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest NISSAN ALMERA TINO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Richard Blaker, Somerset

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

My Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 cdi has always hunted on tickover but suddenly now the car hunts a couple of times then stalls. It will not tickover for more than five seconds and it takes a while to start. Also for the past year or so the engine would lose all power when going up a gentle gradient and driven gently, I would flick the ignition switch off and on to reset and all would be well for a couple of days. I`ve no idea if these two symptoms are related? Any ideas? Thankyou. (2.2 cdi)

Submitted: 06/01/2014 09:37:26 | ID: 59432

Tony Stephenson, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have a Nissan Almera Tino. Does anyone know where I can buy a new key to fit my car? I don`t need the chip, just the key. I thought I should be able to buy a key for my reg number?

If you don’t need it to start the car, most key bars will copy your original key for you. Cheers. Martin (Master technician 20+ years) from England

Submitted: 23/12/2013 15:57:27 | ID: 59710

Ron Curnow, Cornwall

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

My Nissan Almera Tino `s handbrake is poor. I got new pads and discs but the wife can`t pull it up hard enough to stop it, so I got new pads from Nissan. I hope it will work this time as items cost £177.60 without discs. Any suggestions? (Mpv)

Its probley the tension on the hand brake cable itself which is the problem and not the pads, had the same prob and adjusted the cable and all good now phil from North Yorkshire

Submitted: 17/12/2013 11:57:42 | ID: 59413

John Williams, Berkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 1994

I have changed the battery in my Nissan Almera Tino`s ignition key as it did not work but it still does not work. However the other key does work the system. Any advice?

Submitted: 19/11/2013 14:43:51 | ID: 58128

Paul Orton, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

The central locking on my Nissan Almera Tino does not work and I can only lock the doors manually but not the boot. What can I do?

You can reprogram the key chip. Turn the ignition on then off six times, the indicators will flash then hold the unlock down and press the lock three times, the indicaters will flash again then remove the finger off the unlock. That works. Tony Stephenson from England

Submitted: 18/11/2013 15:50:35 | ID: 53187

Paul Marsden, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have bought a 2001 Nissan Almera Tino 2.0 petrol automatic SE. I do not know how to collapse it’s back seat tray in it`s resting position. Please can anybody tell me? Also it takes some time to pick up speed after I press on the accelerator and I do not notice any change in it`s speed or running when the sports button is switched on and shows the sports sign on the dashboard? Many thanks. (Tino)

Submitted: 11/11/2013 12:24:52 | ID: 57631

Bob Harrison, Cheshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

After using a trailer all my Nissan Almera Tino’s lights fused. After getting everything working again a symbol comes up with a picture of an engine block detailed. Can anybody give me any information?

That’s the engine check light, there is a fault on your vehicle whether it’s a past fault or present fault you wouldn’t know without putting some sort of code reader (diagnostic tool) on the car to read and erase what it says. Pete from England

Submitted: 28/10/2013 10:46:38 | ID: 53835

Henry Luvieki, London

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino doesn`t start. What should I do? (1800)

Submitted: 24/10/2013 11:55:50 | ID: 56486

Jimmy Songa, Zimbabwe

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 loses power uphill and is heavy on fuel. It was put on the diagnostic machine which reflected that she is firing at 4 degrees before tdc. Another test also revealed that the oxygen sensor is gone. Does anyone know how I can adjust the ignition timing to about 9 degrees btdc?

Submitted: 21/10/2013 15:03:58 | ID: 56418

Stacey McKinlay, Fife and Kinross Shires

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

We have got a Nissan Almera Tino 53 plate and just got the car in June this year. Our car has broken down twice and the immobiliser light keeps flashing and won`t let us start the car. Also when we put the key in the ignition to try to start it we are getting a noise as if we pressed the key to lock the doors. What could this be?

Change the battery in the fob, I had the same problem. RAC explained the voltage is low and not enough to disengage the immobiliser. But is enough to open the doors. Mine now starts first time. Philip Styles from England

Submitted: 21/10/2013 10:30:11 | ID: 56419

Bill Kathapurmal, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

My Nissan Almera Tino has a car symbol flashing on the dashboard and the car is difficult to start afterwards. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 23/09/2013 14:14:34 | ID: 54683

Debbie, Angus (Forfarshire)

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

Hi, I am struggling to find a reasonably priced front wiper motor for my Nissan Almera Tino. I have been offered one from a Nissan Kubistart but I don’t know if this would fit. I don’t want to buy it and find out it doesn’t. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 17/09/2013 12:02:51 | ID: 54462

Sue Tideswell, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2006

The emergency situation - super lock system has kicked in and I can not open the front two doors from inside the car. I have followed suggestions to reset from manual but this has NOT worked. Any help gratefully recieved. Thanks.

Submitted: 17/09/2013 11:47:40 | ID: 54312

Simon Iddon, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have a 2001 2.2 diesel, when I go over a bump or rough ground I get a banging sound, metal on metal klunking noise??? Anyone else had this problem? I’ve had it to garage they can’t find nothing, read something about brake calliper pin???

Hi have your d links replaced this will solv the problem. Kevin from Nottinghamshire

Hi have your d links replaced this will solve the problem. Kevin from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 16/09/2013 13:46:31 | ID: 54285

Sandra Kerr, Staffordshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

I have a Nissan Almero Tino, and when it gets warm it tends to judder and then it cuts out, would you know what the problem is as it could be a hazard when driving on a motorway.

Submitted: 16/09/2013 13:32:38 | ID: 54318

Katie Miller, County Antrim

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I recently bought a second hand Nissan Almera Tino privately and was delighted, at first. The first problem occurred when we were packed up ready for a day at the beach - I couldn’t get the car started. The AA were called and got the vehicle started and quoted diagnostic error P160 or something similar - basically the immobilser. The AA man followed me to a garage who were unable to assist. They took the car to Charles Hurst Nissan who replaced a number of items at the huge cost of £600. Then the car ran smoothly for almost 5 days! We were on holiday and the same problem occurred again. Charles Hurst have the car again and are now seeking more money for checking what the problem might be, not even for fixing it! What shall I do?

Submitted: 05/09/2013 14:24:23 | ID: 53989

Jim Evans, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino was running perfectly, I stopped, turned the engine off for about one minute and when I started off again the automatic gearbox will not move out of first gear. Has anybody any idea as to what the problem is?

Submitted: 02/09/2013 16:25:22 | ID: 53919

Paul Whittingham, Lancashire

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I`ve just put a new starter motor on my Nissan Almera Tino 1800 CC S but the same problem still remains. When I put the ignition key in to start the engine I just get the click as if my central locking is trying to work? The battery is okay. Can anyone please help?

Submitted: 29/08/2013 14:30:27 | ID: 93203

Grady, Ireland

Nissan Almera Tino 2000

Hi. I have a 2000 Nissan Almera Tino 1.4 petrol old model. For some reason all arrows that indicate fuel, engine heat, rotations and speedometer have stopped working. I thought that would be one of the fuses but have had them checked and all are okay. However there may be a problem with the relay if there is one and if it is I would like to know how to find it and check it, or could it be something else? Thanks. (Sedan)

Submitted: 27/08/2013 14:52:14 | ID: 91721

Chris, Aberdeenshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

Hello guys. Recently someone tried to open the fuel flap of my Nissan Almera Tino but all he/she managed to do was to break the lower hinge on the flap. I have ordered a used one and I need some instructions on how I could fit it on the car. Can anyone help please?Thanks.

Submitted: 23/07/2013 10:48:41 | ID: 52856

Kate Brown, Orkney Islands

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

I’m trying to find child car-seats that are compatible with my Nissan Almera Tino. The long seat-belt stems make it hard to find a seat that doesn’t result in buckle crunch. I just discovered it has isofix but am struggling to find info on a compatible group 0 car-seat. Any suggestions please?

Submitted: 22/07/2013 10:15:20 | ID: 66426

Viktor Simeonov, Bulgaria

Nissan Almera Tino 2000

Hello, I have a problem with locking my Nissan Almera Tino. When I press the open button it only opens the driver`s door, no other. Then I need to open them with the key from the driver`s door. When I want to lock the car all doors close except the driver`s which doesn’t want to close. Also I can`t use the button inside the car for locking the doors and opening the windows. Please can anybody help? (1.8 16V QG18DE Engine)

When I open my doors I press once for drivers door and twice for all doors. Did you do this? One press of ’lock’ should lock all doors.- Will Howar from England.

Submitted: 22/07/2013 09:59:34 | ID: 66421

Philip Whitmore, Nottinghamshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I have just had my Nissan Almera Tino serviced and l have been told l need four coil packs replacing and my engine warning light has come back on,. Can anyone tell me how to clear this light when the parts have been fitted? Many thanks.

Submitted: 25/06/2013 15:19:27 | ID: 59290

Will, Durham

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

I purchased my Tino in January 2013 with 55.000 on the clock, it’s now up to 60,000. It drives great, so smooth, passed the MOT last week (20/5/13) with no advisories and perfect emissions test, but... whenever I stop the car after a drive and walk around the front of the car or open the bonnet I can smell burning / hot oil. The radiator coolant is fine, no loss of fluids, no leaks but the oil goes down to about half way on the dip stick every 1,500 miles or so. Anyone else got this happening? Is it normal? (SE)

Submitted: 28/05/2013 15:48:39 | ID: 55619

Denise Matthews, Somerset

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

I recently had to change the wheel on my Nissan Almera Tino and could not find the key for the locking wheel nuts. Is it stored somewhere I haven’t found or did I just not receive it from the previous owners?

Found mine in a drawer under the passenger seat Steve Inglis from Somerset

Look under the mat also, when you find it, you should ensure you don’t re-lose it by putting it in an envelope clearly marked "KEY" in big letters and keeping it in a safe but obvious place, like on the dashboard or in the back window John O’ Groats from Kent

Submitted: 18/04/2013 12:50:54 | ID: 93112

Glyn Billard, Durham

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s indicators, electric windows and sunroof have just suddenly stopped working, but my hazard lights are okay. I have checked all my fuses and they are all okay too. Can anyone help me please?

Submitted: 18/04/2013 11:40:15 | ID: 93145

Hakeem Kwasi Dzandu, Ghana

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

My Nissan Almera Tino`s engine gets very hot and the radiator water boils whenever I stop after running it for a few miles. Meanwhile the heater meter is working and is reading that the car is overheating when in motion. The over heating happens when the car stops. Can anyone explain this please?

Submitted: 09/04/2013 09:59:05 | ID: 92758

Lochan Peryagh, Leicestershire

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

I`ve just changed the engine on my Nissan Almera Tino and the exhaust has oil from the previous engine. The warning light is on and the panel indicates problems in the engine control system. There`s a remote chance of breakdown and I have to avoid high speed. What should I do?

If you’ve left the exhaust in a contaminated state, the engine management will pick up the fact that it cannot get a correct reading from the exhaust sensors, and the catalytic converter is probably knackered too. I’d suggest either driving it for a good, long journey to see if the fault code clears, or clean / replace the exhaust system John Greenslade from Powys

Submitted: 18/03/2013 09:45:57 | ID: 91745

Lee Gardiner, Kent

Nissan Almera Tino 2005

Hi. I’ve got water in my Nissan Almera Tino`s engine. I drove into just over a foot of water and it cut out. I’ve disconnected the sparks from the battery and there was a little water in one, so I took out the air inlet filter and that was fairly dry. All electrics inside the car ie radio, lights worked fine just after. Can anyone offer any other hints or tips before I take it in for a big bill? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Submitted: 25/02/2013 15:35:26 | ID: 90976

Ese Ehworho, Nigeria

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

I`ve just imported a Nissan Almera Tino from Germany and my manual is in German but I need to reset the time. How do I do that? Also how can I get an English version of the manual?

Press "SET" on the control panel, then scroll to "clock" and reset it. You can also download the service manual at http://pdftown.com/PDF-Nissan-Almera-Tino-Service-Manual.html Rob from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 18/02/2013 14:40:23 | ID: 67356

Robert Gray, Cumberland

Nissan Almera Tino 2003

My Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 started to hesitate while cruising. My local garage changed the o2 sensor which removed the error code. The symptoms got worse and the idle speed would drop dramatically as the engine warmed and would cut out when the car was stopped if the revs weren’t kept up. We then changed the electronic throttle body but no difference. We performed a re-learn procedure but no change. My local Nissan dealer suggested it may be the ECU so I had it checked and it was certified as okay. After replacing the ECU and running a further diagnostic the coolant sensor was found to be reading -40 so it too was replaced. The car now accelerates well and runs much better, but the idle speed varies between 1000 and 2000 RPM when cold and 500 - 100 when warm and the engine still hesitates slighly when warm. Can anyone help?

I don’t know if the 1.8 engine is turbochraged but I have a similar problem on 2003 Tino 2.2 DDti /diesel. I suspect fouled-up EGR volume control valve since I have read on couple of occassions that this is typical for it to cause this problem in a Tino... Frank J Vacha from Czech Republic

Submitted: 04/02/2013 10:43:19 | ID: 90206

B R, Staffordshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

Having changed my Nissan Almera Tino`s battery last June it has lost charge a number of times and recently just after a few hours driving. I had a new battery and the next day it was totally drained flat. What is causing this? (2.2diesel)

Submitted: 01/02/2013 09:17:13 | ID: 90088

Andrea Lowe, Barbados

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

My Nissan Almera Tino`s screen keeps showing a warning for service due. My vehicle was serviced by a Nissan dealer but they were unable to reset it, I have tried and I am also unable to reset this message. What should I do? (SE Petrol)

Turn off radio, then ignition. Turn on ignition then hold down the INFO button and slowly turn up the volume knob. This should display a service menu where you can reset the service interval. Select ok, the screen will reboot and the service message will be gone Mart from England

Submitted: 08/01/2013 09:14:01 | ID: 67280

Manye Reyes, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

Hi, where is the cd player located in my Nissan Almera Tino? I found the dvd player. I can’t access this to change the music. Can someone show me a photo where is it located or just a link or tell me where it is? Thanks.

Below the passenger front seat Lovemore Tavaziva from Zimbabwe

Submitted: 08/01/2013 09:02:57 | ID: 67217

Jan Erik, Yorkshire

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

When I open the passenger door of my Nissan Almera Tino the electronic locking seems to actuate on and off randomly. It seems to be related to the passenger door but it is hard to tell because of the random nature of the problem. Any ideas?

Submitted: 07/01/2013 16:36:44 | ID: 67203

Mark Glasspool, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

I was driving today and for the first time ever my Nissan Almera Tino`s engine cut out, the power steering went and it wouldn`t start the first 6 times I tried to start it, then it started. Now the yellow light has come on. Last week I parked my car over a wet area and it wouldn`t start for a while and today I went through a large puddle. Could this issue be damp or is it far more serious?

Submitted: 07/01/2013 14:12:12 | ID: 67115

Karen Lindsay, Lancashire

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

There is a constant beeping sound from my Nissan Almera Tino when indicating left. Can anyone tell me what is causing this or how to rectify it?

Submitted: 27/11/2012 10:23:44 | ID: 63475

Alby Finn, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2002

My Nissan Almera Tino`s engine takes time to build up speed. I have replaced the air oil petrol filters. When going uphill it slows down. Diesel engine primed petrol filter so there`s no air leakage. What should I do?

Submitted: 26/11/2012 10:41:58 | ID: 63342

Kalanchy Blaze, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2004

Hi folks I need some help. I just got a Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 diesel. The gear lever works fine and changes smoothly to all 6 gears but sometimes when changing to third gear it goes into first gear and it becomes too difficult to put it in third gear. What seems to be the problem?

Submitted: 15/11/2012 14:06:55 | ID: 92955

Neil Perkins, England

Nissan Almera Tino 2001

Hello, my Nissan Almera Tino 2.2 di is very sluggish on set off. It doesn’t like hills but is great on flat roads. Could anyone diagnose or recommend anything for me to change? Many thanks in advance. (2.2 se+Di)

Submitted: 13/11/2012 10:05:44 | ID: 92422