MITSUBISHI L200 questions and answers

MITSUBISHI L200

Ask and answer questions on a variety of MITSUBISHI L200 models. Help and advice on everything MITSUBISHI L200. Feel free to ask and answer as many MITSUBISHI-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest MITSUBISHI L200 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Gary Hawtin, Gloucestershire

Mitsubishi L200

Hi, I have a 53 plate Mitsubishi lwb l200 Warrior 2.5td manual, I had a recon engine fitted a couple of weeks ago and when I collected it the engine management light was on the garage that fitted the engine said it would need a new engine ECU to sort the problem as there was a problem with the negative earth from the ECU, The truck seams to run fine, No loss of power etc I took it to our local Mitsubishi dealer and the diagnosed the same thing and also said it would need an ECU and a immobilizer ECU I got both of the parts and they fiited them, The management light stayed off for a couple of test starts and then came back on, they now say there is a proplem with the negative earth from the Ecu, Does anyone have any ideas as the Mitsubishi dealers is struggling to sort problem, Many Thanks Gary

Submitted: 21/04/2014 11:58:51 | ID: 94498

Glen, Essex

Mitsubishi L200

Hi I have just had another diesel pump fitted to my L200 2003 but I have a fault that won't clear it keeps coming back every time the engine is started. The fault is the timing system valve sensor. Is this an easy fix? Thanks

Submitted: 16/04/2014 23:12:05 | ID: 94336

john burke, Galway

Mitsubishi L200

i changed the tyres and brake discs on my jeep since then i have vibrations in the jeep.The wheels were balanced 3 times and the tyres changed to a new set still the same.It feels like there is something holding back the jeep.Very little vibration in the steering wheel and we checked the discs and pads also.

Submitted: 15/04/2014 20:53:56 | ID: 94275

Naomi, Suffolk

Mitsubishi L200

My L200 has recently started to judder when accelerating as if there is not enough fuel getting to it. It does not do this every time I drive it nor every time I accelerate but I obviously feel it needs to be rectified. It's done just over 100k, does it need a new fuel filter or air filter? Or anything other ideas what people feel might be going on? Thank you

Submitted: 11/04/2014 17:37:46 | ID: 94101

pepe, Lancashire

Mitsubishi L200

l 200 got oil in radiator and header tank runs fine and drives fine ???? is it the heat exchanger behind oil filter perished ????

Submitted: 10/04/2014 20:42:26 | ID: 94086

Philemon, Kenya

Mitsubishi L200

On pressing hazard button or turning direction indicator to the right, the car buzzer sounds. Also when I press the break pedal the buzzer sounds. What could be the problem?

Submitted: 09/04/2014 10:21:01 | ID: 93541

Simon Werry, England

Mitsubishi L200 2004

My Mitsubishi L200 has an electrical problem. The radio does not work, the door warning light stays on and blinks and so does the clock. When you disconnect the radio the clock brightens and the whole is connected to the interior light wich turns all off when switched off. All fuses have been checked and all seem fine. Is it a relay box and if so which one? Thanks. (warrior)

Submitted: 03/04/2014 10:04:43 | ID: 93840

Niculae Ionita, Warwickshire

Mitsubishi L200 2006

I have a Mitsubishi L200. In neutral with the engine running I’ve got a rattle sound that stops when I press the gas pedal. Does anyone know what it could be?

Submitted: 24/03/2014 16:22:14 | ID: 63198

Tony Lawrence, Buckinghamshire

Mitsubishi L200 2005

Hi. I have a Mitsubishi L200 warrior pickup and it`s done 1000.00 miles. While running at tickover it sounds rough as if it`s runnng on three cylinders. While running I loosened the nut on the fuel injectors and tried to loosen each injector and each time there was a difference in rpm. On the last cylinder there was no difference. So do I now either buy a new injector or have the suspect tested? I found out the injector is okay so what else? Cylinder test? Relays? (Warrior pickup)

Submitted: 21/03/2014 11:48:07 | ID: 63150

Mick Collarbone, Kent

Mitsubishi L200 2008

I have test driven the Mitsubishi L200 Walkinshaw and it seemed very sluggish. What could the problem be? Thanks. (Walkinshaw)

Submitted: 21/03/2014 10:25:15 | ID: 63136

Wayne Skinner, England

Mitsubishi L200 2006

Hi, I`m needing a flywheel for my Mitsubishi L200 automatic but I can only find a flywheel for a manual. Will this fit the automatic version? Thanks. (automatic 2.5 diesel)

Submitted: 21/03/2014 10:19:40 | ID: 63135

Michael Stamp, England

Mitsubishi L200 2005

Hi. My Mitsubishi L200 has just developed a problem when I start it. It revs without pressing the accelerator and when it reaches its max rev the engine management light comes on and it goes into limp mode. When you attempt to rev it the rev counter twitches and black and white smoke bellows out of the back. I had the injectors and fuel filter changed thinking this would solve the problem but it hasn’t. Can anyone offer any help please?

I have the same problem, does anyone have an answer? Alan Anderson-Piper from Gwynedd

Submitted: 14/03/2014 12:02:23 | ID: 62818

Victor Guerrero, Belize

Mitsubishi L200 2004

I have a Mitsubishi 2004 L200 that makes a loud click every time I brake. I`ve taken it to several mechanics but they can’t find the problem. Any ideas?

Submitted: 07/03/2014 08:37:08 | ID: 62616

John, Ireland

Mitsubishi L200 2004

Hi. I have a Mitsubishi L200 warrior that has developed a problem over the last few days. When cold starting she starts up fine, but there is like a knocking that comes into first thing, it`s a bit like a cracking/tractor noise and after a few minutes it`s gone and it drives fine. When I noticed this noise I checked the oil and I had to put in about 1l to bring it up to the full mark. Last oil and filter change was 6 months ago. It also stalled on me the first time I heard it, first time ever, when I pulled from a parking spot, it was like it didn`t respond to the throttle. The oil pressure has been checked and it`s fine. I also changed the oil and fuel filter as well. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks.

From my knowledge when a car picks up a knocking sound on starting then goes normal the oil pump is faulty and needs replacing. Funktastic from Central African Republic

Submitted: 25/02/2014 09:02:26 | ID: 61797

Nkwachi, Zambia

Mitsubishi L200 2008

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi L200 warrior. Firstly the engine light came on so I took it to the mechanics and I was told the booster pump malfunctioned and that has been corrected. A few days later it came on again, the OFF ROAD lights came on and the vehicle started labouring when accelerating. The gas pedal had to be stepped on fully and the speed limiter was going to 3000rpm so I took it back and I was initially told it is the turbo that has a problem. They opened it but they found no problem. Now they are talking of the ECU being faulty. I have lost confidence in the mechanics looking at the problem. Does anyone have an idea? (Warrior)

Submitted: 18/02/2014 14:33:47 | ID: 62213

Terry Keem, Kent

Mitsubishi L200 2007

I replaced the interior bulb on my Mitsubishi L200 and now it does not work, nor do the radio or clock either. What could be wrong?

Blown fuse, replace and it should be fine. John Price from England

Submitted: 18/02/2014 12:40:21 | ID: 62202

Ariel Escolin, Ireland

Mitsubishi L200 2008

Good day. I have a 2008 Mitsubishi L200 automatic which has done 190,000 kms now. The problem is that there`s a big vibration in the engine every time you apply gas and this vibration is in the gas pedal, steering wheel and the whole body. Can anybody please help me? Many thanks.

Sounds like the balancer belt to me. Les from Middlesex

Submitted: 11/02/2014 10:18:57 | ID: 61988

Sheila Evans, Yorkshire

Mitsubishi L200 2007

I have bought a hard back for my Mitsubishi L200 but can`t find out how to remove its soft cover. Can anyone help please? (Animal L200.)

Submitted: 07/02/2014 11:53:32 | ID: 61822

Tracy Walkden, Lancashire

Mitsubishi L200 2000

My Mitsubishi L200`s fuel lines were corroded and it was leaking diesel. I had new pipes put on but the fuel is tracking back to the tank when the car is standing. Does this mean there is air in the fuel system and if so, how do you get rid of it? Cheers.

Submitted: 30/01/2014 10:48:22 | ID: 56843

Edward Davis, England

Mitsubishi L200 2003

I have a Mitsubishi L200 Warrior on a 53 plate. When I turn the front fogs on, without any lights on at all, the side lights and dashboard lights come on but the fog lights do not. I have checked fuses but don`t believe they are blown anyway as the operation of the switch is live, albeit on the wrong lights. Before I get to the re-tracing the wire stage, has anyone else come across this problem? Is it a simple fix I am missing? Thanks in advance. (L200 Warrior)

Submitted: 16/01/2014 15:34:22 | ID: 60754

John Humphreys, Orkney Islands

Mitsubishi L200 2001

I have a Mitsubishi L200 Animal. When you try to start it it winds over but makes a clunking noise every time the starter motor turns it over. It`s not big ends or it would not do that untill it started. Any ideas please? (animal)

If it’s just on crank it’s either the starter motor itself or the flywheel. Remove and inspect starter first, damage will probably be obvious, if not it’s gearbox out.  Martin (Master technician 20 + years) from Durham

Submitted: 03/01/2014 14:12:33 | ID: 60204

Robert Jenks, Warwickshire

Mitsubishi L200 2003

My Mitsubishi L200 has oil leaking from the front of the engine, I think it may be the front crank seal? I checked the camshaft seal is okay. Are there any other seals eg. idler shafts with oil seals at the front? Sump gasket seems okay. Has anybody got any ideas where else the oil can be coming from, but I think the crank seal is the favourite? (Warrior)

Submitted: 02/01/2014 12:40:49 | ID: 60050

Steven Fyffe, Fife and Kinross Shires

Mitsubishi L200 2006

After driving through a shallow puddle at speed my Mitsubishi L200`s engine was spluttering going up hills . It would rev okay when the clutch was dipped but with load on the engine it was missing and spluttering . Can anybody give advice please? (Animal)

Submitted: 20/12/2013 10:13:35 | ID: 59526

Jim Maitland, Suffolk

Mitsubishi L200 2002

What is the plate on the side of my Mitsubishi L200`s engine block for? It is leaking oil. (K74)

A common MOD for the L200 is to blank of the EGR, this plate you’re talking about could be such a MOD. If it’s leaking oil it may need a gasket replacing under the plate? Edward Davis from England

Submitted: 25/11/2013 15:16:25 | ID: 58535

Merv Oxley, Somerset

Mitsubishi L200 2004

Hi, I have recently had a recon engine in my Mitsubishi L200 due to the original one blowing up, the injectors blocked and filled the sump with diesel. I`ve had the injectors serviced and put back in, oil changed and filter done, but now the engine is not running right at all and seems to be blowing diesel out of the injectors and blowing thick black smoke out of the exhaust. Is the engine screwed again? Are the injectors not timed properly? (animal)

Submitted: 21/11/2013 10:51:15 | ID: 58198

James Hardley, England

Mitsubishi L200 2001

My Mitsubishi L200`s amp meter is off the scale and the dashboard lights are brighter than normal. A new battery was installed week ago, the headlights were not working properly. What`s causing these problems?

Regulater/rectifier I reckon? If it is that it will be cooking your battery. I’d get it seen to asap. Hope that helps? Rich Rich from England

Submitted: 19/11/2013 15:24:49 | ID: 58101

Edward Kearney, County Tyrone

Mitsubishi L200 2003

What drives the rev counter on my Mitsubishi L200?

Submitted: 11/11/2013 12:36:05 | ID: 56723

Iain Gleave, Staffordshire

Mitsubishi L200 2008

Hi guys. I have a 2008 Mitsubishi L200 warrior and had to disconnect the battery last week. Now the central display constantly says turn key to on position to check system, but nothing else happens. This also applies to when the engine is running, the screen stays the same. Any ideas please? Cheers. (Warrior)

Submitted: 05/11/2013 12:15:12 | ID: 57399

Fadi, Angola

Mitsubishi L200 2010

Hello, is there any way to find out where the interior lamp fuse is located in my Mitsubishi L200? I was mounting a new stereo and it seems that I sparked a fuse and I can’t find it?

In engine compartment fuse board 10 amp on left Wavey from England

Submitted: 05/11/2013 11:09:46 | ID: 57368

Chris Sloane, England

Mitsubishi L200

Where is the fuse box for electric mirrors on a 53 plate Mitsubishi L200 or what else could be wrong with them as they just stopped working?

Submitted: 05/11/2013 11:00:05 | ID: 57367

Jeff Butterwoth, England

Mitsubishi L200 1990

Is it difficult to refurbish the diesel injector pump and steering pump on my Mitsubishi L200?

Submitted: 01/11/2013 11:57:37 | ID: 57108

Chris Moss, Surrey

Mitsubishi L200 2005

I`ve just purchased my first Mitsubishi L200 which test drove fine, but 50 miles into the drive home and pulling up behind a traffic jam on the motorway my tick over idle became lumpy. It does not affect pulling away or general acceleration etc. What could be causing this? Also my engine is rocking from side to side slightly. I put this down to an old diesel but I am informed that Mitsy engines just don`t rock and roll. Is this possibly a worn engine mount? Thanks. (club cab)

Check your crank balancer. The l200 has 2 belts under the timing cover, see if one has snapped. Good luck. Thomas Jones from Neath Port Talbot

Submitted: 29/10/2013 15:55:31 | ID: 56981

Luke Palmer, Suffolk

Mitsubishi L200 2008

My Mitsubishi L200 animal puffs black smoke when changing gear but is fine if if I turn it off after a little drive and turn on again. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 28/10/2013 16:03:45 | ID: 56861

Eugene Adams, South Africa

Mitsubishi L200 2000

I have a Mitsubishi L200 Colt bakkie 200i petrol . This vehicle just refused to start. I`ve replaced the module and the fuel pump in the tank and have also recoded this vehicle but still it doesn`t start. A mechanic says there is no pulsing on the injectors .Could anyone give me some advice? .Does the wiring on module have a pulsing wire that could be not connected or be faulty?

Hi Eugene, I’m really going through hell to get my Colt 200 highline started. I have done even more changes than you did with your one and it is still not starting. Please help me out if you got yours started, any advice will be highly appreciated. Zubair Essack from South Africa

Submitted: 28/10/2013 14:32:30 | ID: 56757

Clair Bateman, England

Mitsubishi L200 2007

My Mitsubishi L200 has a very intermittent fault which has stumped all the garages around here. It will lose power and jault or judder when you put your foot on the accelerator. It does not record any faults on the computer. It can do this one day, 2 hours later it will run fine and then maybe run for a few weeks or even 6 months, but then all of a sudden it will start playing up again. Once last year it conked out all together so I got the RAC to recover me. He followed me to the garage where he removed the air flow mass sensor cables. After he did that it was fine for 6 months. I then had a new one fitted a few weeks ago as it started again but to no avail. Any ideas? Oh it’s an automatic as well. Thanks.

Have a similar fault with my 07 plate auto Warrior. I spoke to Mitsubishi and touch wood it was only a blocked breather pipe coming out the right hand side of the engine rocker cover; it’s only a narrow pipe, which goes to an electrical connection. I cleaned it out and so far so good, it drives like a new truck. I hope this helps. Karl from Gloucestershire

Submitted: 28/10/2013 14:12:26 | ID: 56752

Andy Eastham, Lancashire

Mitsubishi L200 2002

My Mitsubishi L200 02 reg has had a new battery, new alternator and belts fitted about a month ago. It won`t start now and even when I jump started it it conked out straight away. Any ideas?

Submitted: 28/10/2013 11:16:51 | ID: 56577

Luke Palmer, Suffolk

Mitsubishi L200 2008

My Mitsubishi L200 animal automatic blows black smoke when changing gear. I`ve just had it serviced and it`s still doing it. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 28/10/2013 10:55:34 | ID: 85744

Gary Inglis, Dumfriesshire

Mitsubishi L200 2007

My Mitsubishi L200 sat for six days without moving. When I returned to the vehicle the passenger`s footwell had a puddle. I’ve had this problem off and on and the mechanics can’t seem to locate where the water is coming from. As far as I can see the door seals seem fine. Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

I had water coming in through the back window in my cab. I had to lift the carpets and strip the interior panels to find the leak. It was coming from one of the fixed glass panels on the rear window. A fine bead of silicone on outside of the window cured it. Water was traveling from this rear window to the front foot well under the carpet. Christopher Murray from Ayrshire

Submitted: 25/10/2013 16:23:35 | ID: 56514

Chris Chester, Durham

Mitsubishi L200 2004

Hi. I have a Mitsubishi L200 Warrior. It’s got a problem with smoking on tick over and runs a little roughly on idle but seems to drive okay, maybe a little under power but not too bad. Could this be the fuel pressure sensor on the back of the pump? Sometimes it doesn`t smoke but is still rough on idle?

Submitted: 25/10/2013 12:28:41 | ID: 55830

Stephen Scattergood, England

Mitsubishi L200 2006

The touchscreen trip information and climate details don`t work on my Mitsubishi L200. I don`t seem to be able to reset the fuel information and wondered if this can be rectified? The screen is responsive and all of the other actions can be used. Please advise? Thanks. (warrior)

Hi, Ive got the same problem and the same car and was wondering if you managed to find a solution? Thanks. Martin from Dorset

Submitted: 25/10/2013 12:15:30 | ID: 55828