MITSUBISHI L200 questions and answers

Ask and answer questions on a variety of MITSUBISHI L200 models. Help and advice on everything MITSUBISHI L200. Feel free to ask and answer as many MITSUBISHI-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest MITSUBISHI L200 questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

alan, Dorset

Mitsubishi L200

high fuel consumption 29mpg max average i can achieve even on long runs with no load , no ware near stated fuel figures .also head lights shake when driving on uneven roads, and dealer so far useless fitted a new head lamp unit to try and stop shaking (and poorley firing bonnet which it did sort out) but didn't adjust head lamp beam and light still shakes, l200 is only a few months old. ask my self why i payed good money for a second rate pickup.

Submitted: 25/11/2016 19:05:02 | ID: 136954

Chris, Highland

Mitsubishi L200

It was - ten this morning , l200 started no problem but noticed on the way to work it seemed abit juddery , abit later noticed I have a lot more power like it's turned in to a flying machine , but also wen I change gear the throttle doesn't drop of it stays at wot ever revs it was at and sounds like I can't drive properly, can any one help , I'm wandering if it has an automatic choke that may be stuck on or has anyone experienced this any help would be much appreciated

Submitted: 23/11/2016 19:52:59 | ID: 136912

Nthepi, Stoke-on-Trent

Mitsubishi L200

Write your question here... Hi the yellow engine light appears and it uses lot of fuel what can it be when u connect a turbo switch it revs hi and start to backfire

Submitted: 16/11/2016 01:58:47 | ID: 136725

Ksjtrotter@gmail.com, East Sussex

Mitsubishi L200

Whilst changing my rear fog light bulb it came apart, there was a small spark (this dumbass left the power on) I replaced my bulb all working fine however now I can't turn my side and rear lights off. The only way I can do this is by pulling the fuse in the engine compartment. Could I have blown a relay some where? Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated

Submitted: 08/10/2016 07:51:08 | ID: 135792

shifraaz, Suriname

Mitsubishi L200

Hii. i have a mitsubishi L200 bj2003 animal it runs fine until you go up to 2000revs about 45mph then it starts to wobble.what is the problem of it? must i change the diesel pump?

Submitted: 24/09/2016 15:29:43 | ID: 135428

shifraaz, Suriname

Mitsubishi L200

Hii. i have a mitsubishi L200 2003 animal it runs fine until you go up to 2000revs about 45mph then the car starts to wobble.what is the problem of it?

Submitted: 24/09/2016 15:21:31 | ID: 135427

PHILLIP KETTLE, Staffordshire

Mitsubishi L200

Iv'e got a trojan L200. It's leaking diesel when running and standing still not running. I can see it dripping from under the fuel tank along the tank ridges. I suspect it's not the tank but a fuel pipe or seal leaking ? I'm no mechanic etc hence I'm not sure, but the leak is continuous. Any help much appreciated please guys. ( The fuel gauge is very slowly going down as a result of the leak ! )

Submitted: 17/09/2016 13:43:07 | ID: 135232

Emmanuel, Ghana

Mitsubishi L200

Hi my l200 start alright but after a few minute the throttle closes and it pull again it become's idol i scan it with obd scaner it tells mr it's the pressure regulator i did change kt but is the same i dont know what do again so lps i need your heip

Submitted: 11/09/2016 14:52:52 | ID: 135102

Steindór T. Halldórsson, Iceland

Mitsubishi L200

Mitsubishi L200 START the machine but stops after 2-3 seconds, but keep one key toward the start position rotating machine. Can you tell what is the problem?.

Submitted: 08/09/2016 17:56:25 | ID: 135024

Robert Muga , Kenya

Mitsubishi L200

The vehicle sometimes doesn't sense acceleration and mostly on rough road and sense again when u release the pedal and press again, it has 4d56 common rail di-d engine

Submitted: 07/09/2016 06:52:01 | ID: 134990

D Elliott, Northumberland

How do I set clock

Submitted: 03/09/2016 15:59:55 | ID: 134879

Jude Accouche, Seychelles

Mitsubishi L200

I'm having problems with my head lamp, it lights when on switch but switch off while the engine is running and blow off the full head lamp fuse. May have a wiring diagram which may help please thanks.

Submitted: 20/08/2016 08:57:15 | ID: 134498

partson, South Ayrshire

Mitsubishi L200

I have a mitsubishi colt double cab 2001 tdi. There is a sound which is coming from the engine when accelerating, I don't know what it is. I am scared and thinking is a timing chain. The sound increase with acceleration. Any help please.

Submitted: 16/08/2016 19:49:06 | ID: 134407

philip Wiliams, Merthyr Tydfil

Mitsubishi L200

vehicle doesnt pick up when you put foot on throttle then it kicks in after few seconds had service with new oil,fuel and air filters cleaned pipe from vaccum pump unplugged air flow meter and it seems like new so i replaced air flow meter with new and the fault is still there would this be the gearbox filter or anything else thanks

Submitted: 15/08/2016 21:08:40 | ID: 134380

lliben chea, Dominican Republic

Mitsubishi L200

rear lights, stop lights, reverse lights does no turn on, only the signal lights

Submitted: 08/07/2016 21:19:18 | ID: 133349

Daly, Bristol

Mitsubishi L200

The main dash screen is not cumin on and there is a high pitched noise that won't tirunelveli off

Submitted: 08/07/2016 14:08:44 | ID: 133344

John mciver, South Lanarkshire

Mitsubishi L200

hi there, when I indicate to the right my fuse blews, really needi help please , thanks

Submitted: 03/07/2016 10:33:54 | ID: 133212

bob dane, County Fermanagh

Mitsubishi L200

H My l200 which is 2004 old shape was fine until i was driving today she dipped in power then alot of blue smoke frm the exhaust for a few seconds then the power kept coming and going when i went back amn hour later she was hard to start churning for about a minute and again the power was coming and going and when she is ticking over she is very lumpy and the rpm hand is jumping whats her problem?

Submitted: 25/06/2016 20:29:05 | ID: 132998

bob dane, County Fermanagh

Mitsubishi L200

Hello my 2004 old shape l200 animal was fine then she was driving alone and the power cut back and there was a blue smoke frm the exhaust the power would cme back and then go away again nw when she is ticking over she is lumpy and the rpm hand is jumping whats her problem?

Submitted: 25/06/2016 15:21:12 | ID: 132990

samuel, Barbados

Mitsubishi L200

Hello, Re post June19 2016 re snapped timing belt I have since replaced the timing belt, tensioner and tensioner bolt as well as the rockers that were broken. Unfortunately the vehicle still would not start. When "doped" it would idle until the fuel goes. Subsequent diagnostic test indicated "no pressure l pump", yet I am told that a injector pump should not malfunction so easily. Is there anything else that can be done/checked before I invest in such an expensive pump. Thanks.

cecheck the fuel supply pipes from the top of fuel tank they corrode I refurbished mine with copper 8mm tubing involved removing and draining tank and careful soldering cured the problem no problems since I RAMSEY from North Yorkshire

Submitted: 19/06/2016 19:02:24 | ID: 132806

patrick, South Africa

Mitsubishi L200

I have a oil leak under the dashboard of my mitsubishi colt double cab 2006 model

Submitted: 06/06/2016 15:44:16 | ID: 132396

ASFAW ABRAHAM, Ethiopia

Mitsubishi L200

At what kilometer the time belt will change.

Submitted: 01/06/2016 20:25:50 | ID: 132252

michael, South Africa

Mitsubishi L200

hi all I am driving colt hi line 2005 model would like to know which service kits must I use ,like oil ,sparks, injector cleaner ,carburetor cleaner (petrol). regards Michael

Submitted: 22/05/2016 02:13:06 | ID: 131850

ernesto cousillas varela, West Sussex

Mitsubishi L200

HI have experienced a loud buzzer noise when applying the brakes whilst towing our horse box? Drives okay and everything appears to work. Buzzing noise is coming from front left of cab and it only happens when i brake. As soon as we unhitch the trailer it stops. Any ideas?

Submitted: 18/05/2016 22:36:22 | ID: 131675

Joe farrell, County Down

Mitsubishi L200

Engine heating up when on heavy pull changed rad any ideas ?not leaking any water

Submitted: 14/05/2016 15:31:40 | ID: 131513

Chris, Nottinghamshire

Mitsubishi L200

I've recently bought my l200 2004. It takes ages to get up to speed and only main power is at the first quarter of the peddle and doesn't seem to have any power when pressing the accelerator further down is this normal for this vehicle or has something been altered to slow it down as I'm only getting to around 70mph top speed .

Submitted: 12/05/2016 09:49:31 | ID: 131437

angela Chams, Trinidad and Tobago

Mitsubishi L200

My diesel indicator on my dashboard do not work for mil L200 Mitsubishi Pick up. I cannot tell if my diesel is empty or full. Please tell me what part to purchase and where can I get it online. Thanks Angela

Submitted: 08/05/2016 13:37:40 | ID: 131304

Khululekani, Nottinghamshire

Mitsubishi L200

Recently my L200 2004 model started making a sound coming from the left side of the front as if something is torn and then the oil just drained out. Temperatures are fine. Just topped up this morning and by the time i got to work which is 15miles away the oil was virtually empty and still dripping cant locate where exactly but its the front of the engine. Someone please advice :)

Submitted: 28/04/2016 10:27:16 | ID: 130915

john, Devon

Mitsubishi L200

hello my l200 temperature whet up to nearly the red I pulled over right away any how I let it cool down checked water was not coming out it the coolant bottle was above full . I changed my thermostat its runs ok temp normal but the top pipe is hot but the bottom hose is cool don't understand .

Submitted: 22/04/2016 20:32:50 | ID: 130700

Peter Shirley, Renfrewshire

Mitsubishi L200

When I am driving, I am hearing a whirring noise from the front wheels which seems to be the 4 wheel drive engaged, but I have not engaged the lever. When I slow to a stop and press the clutch it seems to disengage again but after starting off again it engages again by its self and the green light for 4 WD flashes during this time and goes out when I am stopped. Can anyone help with some advice on this please.

Submitted: 21/04/2016 19:59:04 | ID: 130666

Bob young, Cumbria

Mitsubishi L200

Where should the needle be on a L200 thermostat gauge when up to temperature ? Thanks

Submitted: 18/04/2016 17:42:30 | ID: 130550

Tony Probee, Aberdeenshire

Mitsubishi L200

Hi, My L200 2.5 has a strange problem. Its the warning lights on the dash. The headlight and main beam warning lights do not work. Is this fuse related or is it a poor co incidence that both warning lights have blown and I have to take the dash off to replace them. I also do not know if other warning lights are effected when running. Thank you.

Submitted: 11/04/2016 23:23:26 | ID: 130265

Jason K, Kenya

Mitsubishi L200

Hi. I have a Mitsubishi L200 Double cab Elegance automatic generally, the Performance is on point , but at times it looses power upon slowing down on a steep (hilly) road after a distance. Kindly advise guys. my mechanic have tried to clean Inter-cooler but there is no improvement or minimal.

Submitted: 06/04/2016 13:53:36 | ID: 130012

Mario G Soria, Philippines

Mitsubishi L200

My transmission is locked on the 1st gear, Shifting the lever to different gears, there is no perceived tension (cable type). Starting the engine, provide the clutch pedal is floored, the vehicle will rev into life and when slowwly released the vehicle starts to move. What is the measure to unlock it?

Submitted: 28/03/2016 08:22:29 | ID: 129556

Oriel Roumou, Netherlands Antilles

Mitsubishi L200

Hello, I own a Mitsubishi L 200 Year 2000 I can't find where the Vin number is located The engine number on the sales invoice is motor # 4G63AA3690 FRAME # MMBONK 720YD051606 But these numbers do not exist. on these computer. Can you help me?

Submitted: 02/03/2016 21:32:07 | ID: 128450

Baz, Nottinghamshire

Mitsubishi L200

Hi I have a 53 plate L200 k74 worrior double cab and I need new brake pads and discs only I'm not sure what type of brakes mine has 1 pot or 2 pot and not sure on disc size without striping it down first does anyone know if this model has the 276mm or 315mm disc and what type of brakes this model has? Cheers . Baz

Submitted: 18/02/2016 20:14:35 | ID: 127833

Tracy bristow, Kent

Mitsubishi L200

Computer saying suction pump stuck changed it still saying same thing do you know why it's in lump mode

Submitted: 16/02/2016 15:38:22 | ID: 127704

Bright, Nigeria

Mitsubishi L200

When am on gear 1, 2, 3 there is a noise coming from under the vehicle. When am on 4, it goes away. Then returns when am on 1, 2, 3 again

Submitted: 15/02/2016 22:04:19 | ID: 127661

Tommy mccresdie, Dumfries and Galloway

Mitsubishi L200

I have an l200 warrior 2010 plate I had a whirring noise from front and when I slow down its gets louder I thought it would be the drive shaft but it's not that as renewed the passenger side one. All my tyres are fine all on right way I am so puzzled what it could be getting to the point where I don't want to drive it as think I could cause more damage

Submitted: 09/02/2016 20:14:06 | ID: 127348

Robert Mcelwee, Perthshire

Mitsubishi L200

I have a Mitsubishi L200 Animal 2008. i have heat on passengers side but not on drivers, replaced thermostat and flushed hoses but no success Heat on drivers side is mildly warm, have flushed out heater matrix also, more concerning engine over heating after 30-200 miles

Submitted: 24/01/2016 18:47:55 | ID: 126637