MERCEDES-BENZ VITO questions and answers

MERCEDES-BENZ Vito

Ask and answer questions on a variety of MERCEDES-BENZ VITO models. Help and advice on everything MERCEDES-BENZ VITO. Feel free to ask and answer as many MERCEDES-BENZ-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest MERCEDES-BENZ VITO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Kam, Greater Manchester

Mercedes-Benz Vito

Please someone help me my vito 111 2006 first problem is my central locking does not work on the remote but sometimes it works and my second problem is my interior light comes on while I'm driving

Submitted: 13/09/2014 17:33:36 | ID: 103052

JIMMMY, Milton Keynes

Mercedes-Benz Vito

hi , my 2001 VITO front doors are looked(central). they refuse to open with the key and wont open manually either.this happened after i changed my van battery to a new one. I have managed to get in the van through the window still the doors wont open from inside. pls help.thanks

Submitted: 05/09/2014 15:41:52 | ID: 102644

syd, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito

MU VIANO CUT OU WHEN DRIVING. WHEN I STOP, PUT IT IN PARK , IT STARTS "OK". IT WOULD REF UP WHEN IN PARK OR NEUTRAL. WHEN I DRIVE IT WOULD CUT OUT AGAIN- AFTER 10 TO 25 MINUTES? THANKS.

Submitted: 22/08/2014 14:11:36 | ID: 101928

Dave, Bristol

Mercedes-Benz Vito

All indicators flash for about a minute whenever i open the driver or passenger door.

Submitted: 10/08/2014 21:37:18 | ID: 101288

ngwenya, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito

the vito i have is showing oil light after 20 to30 km and is from garage what is problem

Submitted: 02/08/2014 21:55:42 | ID: 100789

A.HUSSAIN, Middlesex

Mercedes-Benz Vito

My Mercedes vito mpv struggles to go above 60 mph. Even at 4500 rpm. can some one help to. solve this problem . it has poor accleration .Could it be faulty MAF sensor.or problem with fuel injectors. Please help

Submitted: 02/08/2014 21:28:05 | ID: 100786

riaan, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito

Where is the oil pressure sensor on 646 982 2.1 engine? After the vehicle was started, 10 to 15 seconds later the oil light came. The diagnosis was made ??on the vehicle with a G-Scan. The following error codes showed: 2014, 2040, 2041 and 2062. Checked the oil level and it was on the full mark. How can I fix the oil pressure and level problem?

Hi Riaan. The level problem might be the in sump level censor, unscrewed and removable from below on the sump. Not sur about the oil pressure censor location, but will try and find out about that. Where are u situated in SA? Martin Martin Schoeman from South Africa

Submitted: 28/07/2014 20:35:40 | ID: 100514

gary, Wiltshire

Mercedes-Benz Vito

Hi, I have a 2002 merc vito it has no power steering no elec windows and the dr mirrors wont work is this because a fuse has gone ??

Submitted: 24/07/2014 19:57:14 | ID: 100302

Terence Wall, Northumberland

Mercedes-Benz Vito

what could cause my mercedes-benz vito to refuse to start?

No fuel supply, faulty glow plugs, low engine compression, faulty electronic censors. Martin Schoeman from South Africa

Submitted: 08/07/2014 22:05:20 | ID: 99276

christine ladd, Hampshire

Mercedes-Benz Vito

What class does the Vito come under?

I think its known as the V Class, and does not fall into the W range. Martin Schoeman from South Africa

Submitted: 04/07/2014 18:06:04 | ID: 98958

Michael Brosnan, Buckinghamshire

Mercedes-Benz Vito

My van won't start, I have tried both keys. It starts intermittently but then the wipers and lights won't come on. A mechanic has tested it and can't find a fault. Now it`s stopped working altogether, then may come on again but with no lights etc. I don't know if it is key or ignition? Thanks

Submitted: 01/07/2014 12:19:51 | ID: 98797

panicos, Cyprus

Mercedes-Benz Vito

My check engine light comes on while driving on the motorway. Why is this happening?

Submitted: 13/06/2014 06:43:00 | ID: 97586

Paul Ellis, Lincolnshire

Mercedes-Benz Vito

I have a 05 plate mercedes Vito 111CDI long wheel base, the van cuts out but i am able to restart the van within seconds, it will then cut out again this can happen upto 5 times but when she finally starts running i have no issues until i stop or slow down at roundabouts. seems to be whilst pulling away but does happen also at speed. This may happen every trip or i may get 4 unevental journeys with no issues and then back to cutting out, it was run on a diagnostic machine but nothing highlighted, perhaps it was the garage not being a main dealearship? Any one any ideas? Regards Paul

its your camshaft sensor happened to my 05 vito.it sits at back of the head drivers side. pj from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 12/06/2014 16:28:40 | ID: 97536

Shantal, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito

hello...changed the gearbox module on my vito and it goes into limp mode....what should i do?? Please help

Submitted: 05/06/2014 18:51:38 | ID: 96997

Rainer, Australia

Mercedes-Benz Vito

My Vito 2004, has a flat battery in the mornings because a fan is stuck on all night. I just disconnect the battery now till I find the problem. Any ideas for this problem please.

Submitted: 31/05/2014 04:12:32 | ID: 96564

Eres, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito

Hi there everyone. I seem to loose water with my 2003 Vito 112 CDI. Top gasket was done and I also changed the thermostat and and the radiator cap and it's still the same. The fan of the radiator also does not seem to come in. Any suggestions please. Thanks. Eres.

Submitted: 29/05/2014 18:58:49 | ID: 96447

don, Southend-on-Sea

Mercedes-Benz Vito

Hi morning guys I hope sum 1 will be able to help me I have a vito 115 2007 model the engine light comes on only sum times and its when ever I am at low revs like at a robot ect and if I drive off it does not go over 3000 revs if I turn the car on and off again then its runs fine till it just idles again does any 1 no what the problem can be thanks

Had the same, took it to a diesel diagnostic, said tri a full service first, clean diesel filter. Seems fine now. Possible water affect fromnthe filter. Shaun from South Africa

Submitted: 19/05/2014 06:00:03 | ID: 95696

Jack foster, Australia

Mercedes-Benz Vito

How do you remove front door trim on the above?

Submitted: 17/05/2014 00:00:18 | ID: 95602

Deon, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito

I have two problems with my Mercedes-Benz Vito and they both started recently, one after the other. Firstly the driver`s side door does not lock with the rest of the doors when I press either the key remote or the door lock button in the van. Also the driver`s side power window seems to have lost its limit settings. The window will close when you lift the button but as soon as it hits the top of the door it drops back down to halfway. You can eventually get it to close if you hold the button up for a few seconds after it closes, but usually only on the second or third try. Any ideas?

Hi Your first problem is the motor for the drivers side central locking has stopped working, you will need to replace the lock and motor as it comes as one It does however mean removing the door trim and some fiddling about to get it out, when they fail they do not lock as a safety way of not locking yourself out of the van Your second problem is easy, spray silicone lube on the window rubbers where the window runs, sounds strange but trust me it's the answer Mark from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 11/05/2014 13:45:17 | ID: 95381

Peter, Australia

Mercedes-Benz Vito

Hi, I have a 2003 Vito 108CDI Turbo which makes a knocking sound high up on the right hand side, only when turning left. Someone suggested a worn engine mount. Have replaced CV joint, gearbox flange bearing and wheel bearing, problem still persists. Any suggestions ?

Submitted: 20/04/2014 01:31:40 | ID: 94452

Kevin perry, Kent

Mercedes-Benz Vito

When going over 50mph my van will cut out and stop, it will start again but I do a lot of motor way driving and this is very dangerous. I have taken it to a Mercedes dealer and had it put on a diagnosis machine but nothing has come up ! So I'm £110 down with no diagnosis. Does anybody have any ideas what it could be ?

try the break light switch, it sits up near the brake pedal paul hughes from West Sussex

Submitted: 09/04/2014 21:52:51 | ID: 94054

David Prothero, Staffordshire

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2007

I would like to know the normal running temperature of the Mercedes-Benz Vito? (115 cdi)

Submitted: 07/04/2014 10:21:16 | ID: 93889

Gian Du plessis, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2005

Hi everyone, I need some advice. My Mercedes-Benz Vito is in limp mode. I`ve just had the top done and CAN cabling repaired as well as the crank sensor replaced, turbo is still good, I put in new injectors and filters but it`s still not going as it used to. As far as I remember the turbo used to kick in at 1900 rpm, now you only feel it lightly at around 3000 rpm. I had it on the workshop pc and there are no faults. Does anyone have a clue to where to spend more hard earned cash to rectify this problem? Thanks. (115 cdi)

Hi Gian, did you find the problem with your Vito? I ask as I seem to have the exact same fault with my 2010 109 Vito. It starts and drives fine with no smoke or mis fires etc but it feels like there is no turbo boost at all, most certainly at low revs. The turbo is fine as are all of the pipe work. Also there are no faults present or stored in the ECU. It is strange that it was perfectly fine one day and then not the next. Vince from Durham

I've had the same with my 2006 115 auto. Took it to a specialist who said it was to do with the dpf. So he have me a bottle of off the shelf fuel additive, I think it was made by wynns called dpf clean or something like that. As advised I then took it for an hour on the motorway and it's been problem free ever since. Apparently once the dpf's get clogged to a certain extent from lots of town work etc, they can cause the vehicle to go into limp Mode. This dpf fuel additive and an hour on the motorway seems enough to clean it Alex from Lancashire

Submitted: 20/03/2014 12:33:50 | ID: 63019

William Engle, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2002

After replacing the clutch kit on my Mercedes-Benz Vito I was unable to bleed the clutch. How do I bleed the clutch please? (211 cdi)

Submitted: 07/03/2014 08:31:02 | ID: 62592

Tutu Teffo, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2003

Hi, I have a Mercedes-Benz Vito 112 CDI 2003 model, we just changed the diesel pump in the car. Now the power is down and it does not go over 3000 rpm. Is this normal? Why was it faster with a faulty diesel pump? It runs okay, we are just worried about the power loss. It gets to 120 km/h max speed. (112 cdi 2003)

Submitted: 03/03/2014 14:33:22 | ID: 62439

Rowland, Zimbabwe

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2003

Hi all. I have a Mercedes-Benz Vito 108 CDI. When driving sometimes the rev count does not exceed 3, no matter how much you rev. The speed will not exceed 110km/hr. Can somebody help me to increase my speed?

Submitted: 03/03/2014 11:30:04 | ID: 59982

Braam Venter, England

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2006

The abs and asr/bas/esp management light on my Mercedes-Benz Vito light up when starting and stay on while driving. Code 4430 came up on a diagnostic report. Can anybody tell me what the problem is?

Submitted: 28/02/2014 15:10:47 | ID: 62413

Dip Haveli, England

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2009

My Mercedes-Benz Vito commercial van keeps going into ’limp’ mode. Can anyone let me know the issue? It`s lost a lot of power. Also can anyone let me know if I was to change the pressure boost switch by myself would it cause any problems?

Submitted: 24/02/2014 10:47:28 | ID: 62336

Kristy, Australia

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2011

I have a 2011 Mercedes Benz Vito and I cannot get the radio to turn off, even when we turn the car off. There is a cd like logo coming up on the screen but we can`t get it to turn off? The car runs fine with no other problems.. Can anybody suggest what it could be please? Thank you.

Submitted: 21/02/2014 15:15:59 | ID: 62287

Andre Bouwer, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2005

Hi. I have a Mercedes-Benz Vito 115tdi 2005 model. When you drive it the engine management light comes on, then the Vito loses power and the vehicle will only limp. You need to let it stand for a day or so, then it will reset itself and drive as if nothing were wrong. I have had it on the diagnostic machine and it gives me a po110 code b17 air intake temp. sensor signal low voltage. Can you please advise me and indicate where this sensor is on the motor? Thank you.

Submitted: 07/02/2014 16:29:00 | ID: 61838

Andrew Dosser, Australia

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2007

My Mercedes-Benz Vito`s air con blows cold air from the driver`s side (R/H Australian delivered) air vents only. The passenger (left side) vents seem to blow ambient or outside air temperature. Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem? (115 CDI)

Submitted: 06/02/2014 12:21:32 | ID: 61766

Joanne Lancaster, Lincolnshire

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2003

Hi there. I have a 2003 Mercedes-Benz Vito and it starts up straight away but when I put it into first and move away it has no power and cuts out. I have to rev it hard and get it into second quickly so it doesn`t cut out. I can put my foot to the floor but it still has no power. Can anyone help please?

Submitted: 03/02/2014 12:01:21 | ID: 61576

Greg Targett, Sussex

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2003

I have a Mercedes-Benz Vito 109cdi 2003 and the heater is not working. I have had the water pump changed and the matrix changed but there`s still no hot air coming through. The temperature gauge gets up to temp 90d but still no hot air. What can I check next? Can anyone please help?

Submitted: 03/02/2014 09:18:55 | ID: 59059

Roger Smith, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2005

I have a noise coming from the fuse box of my Mercedes-Benz Vito, even after I have switched off the engine, I can still hear the noise inside the van. The problem is the next morning my battery is flat and the van will not start. Please help?

Submitted: 27/01/2014 12:27:08 | ID: 61341

Peter Didmas, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2010

My Mercedes-Benz Vito is showing esp abs triangle and brake tyre on the dash. What does this mean?

Submitted: 23/01/2014 16:27:55 | ID: 61317

Lorenzo Smithwick, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2004

Hi all. I am considering buying a 2004 Mercedes-Benz Vito 115 CDI. It has 139,000km on the clock and is for sale at R65000. It does not have a full service history. Can anyone give me information on this minibus or let me know if it`s a good buy or bad buy? I have seen many great and bad reviews. The bus drives well but I`m still considering. Many thanks.

Submitted: 17/01/2014 14:53:28 | ID: 60854

Christiaan Swanepoel, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2007

My 2007 Mercedes-Benz Vito`s driver`s front door is opening while I am driving. The Mercedes workshop changed the front locking panel, but the problem stays the same. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Submitted: 14/01/2014 09:56:00 | ID: 60694

Peter Howarth, Yorkshire

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2003

My Mercedes-Benz Vito just stopped on the motorway, with the edc light on. The computer showed pump and common rail sensor faulty, so both have been replaced and the edc light is off but now the van still will not start. Any ideas? Cheers. (110)

Submitted: 09/01/2014 11:50:07 | ID: 60436

James McGuinness, Bedfordshire

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2003

Hi, I have a Mercedes-Benz Vito diesel 110 on 03 plate with 70k miles. Over the last two months it has lost power about 10 times and the glow plug light comes on, this lasts for two or three seconds and the van never stalls completely. Otherwise the van is perfect. Does anyone know what`s wrong?

Submitted: 07/01/2014 10:49:34 | ID: 60339

Graham Kuilders, South Africa

Mercedes-Benz Vito 2003

My Mercedes-Benz Vito van starts very easy when cold, as soon as the engine is warm it struggles to start, but the engine is turning . It takes some time and eventually the vehicle starts, but sometimes it does not start at all and then I have to wait until the engine is cooled off. I took the the vehicle to Mercedes Benz to solve this problem but I drove it for a few days and the problem starts again. A lot of possibilities were looked at. Replace diesel pump, replace glow plugs, replace camsaft sensor, carry out engine test, test fuel pressure and leakage, remove intake manifold and high pressure fuel pump, replace all diesel pipes, but still I have the same problem. I am really frustrated now. This vehicle has been three times at Mercedes Benz . It`s cost me a lot of money but the main problem can’t be solved - hard starting when the engine is warm. Please dies anybody have any advice to assist me with this problem? Thank you.

Submitted: 02/01/2014 16:37:34 | ID: 60149