LDV

Questions and answers

LDV CONVOY questions and answers

LDV Convoy

Ask and answer questions on a variety of LDV CONVOY models. Help and advice on everything LDV CONVOY. Feel free to ask and answer as many LDV-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest LDV CONVOY questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

david.cheetwood@ntlworld.com, Greater Manchester

The speedo not Working on my ldv convoy minibus any ideas? Thanks Dave

Submitted: 16/09/2014 17:23:42 | ID: 103167

Stuart marriott, Nottinghamshire

LDV Convoy

Clutch is very low on the pedal, gears are hard to get. Had a new clutch fitted but still no better?

Submitted: 11/09/2014 20:10:44 | ID: 102989

robert, Blackburn with Darwen

LDV Convoy

My van goes into limp mode as soon as I go into tick over?

Submitted: 11/09/2014 18:52:20 | ID: 102984

Seth, Croatia

LDV Convoy

Hi there, I have a 2003 ldv convoy own converted to camper, my driveshaft bush and universal joints are flogged out, I've brought the van in the uk but stuck in Croatia trying to get this fixed to carry on touring Europe, could anyone help me with what the drivetrain make is ? I know engine is ford but ford say the drivetrain is not ? Any help would be great cheers Seth

Submitted: 05/09/2014 17:49:24 | ID: 102657

andrew, Swansea

LDV Convoy

i have a ldv convoy 3.5ton lwb 2.5td....its y reg 2001. my turbo has blown trying to buy a second hand one will the turbo from a 2004 model fit,,

Submitted: 18/08/2014 16:49:11 | ID: 101713

Mark, Gwynedd

LDV Convoy

Just bought an LDV convoy 400 W reg. The engine management light keeps coming on after a few minutes of driving and the van goes into safe mode. However if I switch it off and wait 20 seconds then switch back on again the light is off and I have full power until the light comes on again. Surely it cant fix itself in a 20 second reset??? Please help. Thanks, Mark.

Submitted: 09/08/2014 00:37:40 | ID: 101190

ian, Leicestershire

LDV Convoy

How do you remove stuck glow plugs?

Submitted: 08/08/2014 12:31:58 | ID: 101146

S Marriott, Nottinghamshire

LDV Convoy

Are fuel pumps compatuble to each other on a 2.4 turbo Diesel engine transit engine

Submitted: 05/08/2014 21:20:22 | ID: 100982

kevin, Essex

LDV Convoy

hi i have a 2001 ldv convoy 3.5 tipper it is petrol can any one tell me the battery light is on and the string hard could it be the alternator help kevin

Submitted: 23/07/2014 16:00:28 | ID: 100216

Ric jones , Gwynedd

LDV Convoy

Hello i have a x reg ldv convoy 2.5 d transit banana engine drove it about a mile from home started loosing power decided to park up left it awhile and started it put it in gear and it wont go still ticking over in gear foot of the clutch and still nothing plus i find strange when i did this in gear running etc foot of clutch it carried on ticking over please help as seriously scratching my head over it wondering what the problem is Thank you

Submitted: 11/07/2014 17:58:20 | ID: 99466

chris carter, Lancashire

LDV Convoy

Could someone tell me the oil capacity for a 2.4 Duraturq? Google is sending me round in circles

Submitted: 23/06/2014 20:55:26 | ID: 98311

david cutts, West Yorkshire

LDV Convoy

how do I get the orange spanner light on my dash to go off

Submitted: 16/06/2014 17:58:15 | ID: 97817

Arthur Stimpson, East Riding of Yorkshire

LDV Convoy

Hi I have a LDV convoy 400 year 2004. The engine is a 2.4lL FORD DURATORQ . I bought a code reader OBD11 MAXISCAN MS300 that comes up with LINK ERROR. Any ideas which CODE READER will work on this van. Has anyone any idea why the glow plug light comes on after 4 minutes. The van started on the first turn but now is difficult to start but will start and runs if i pump the accelerator a few times before ignition. thanks Arthur

Submitted: 16/06/2014 16:32:59 | ID: 97812

Pete, Kent

LDV Convoy

Hi, my wife and I purchased a 1998 LDV Convoy with the long wheel base, already partially converted to a motorhome. The indicators stopped working a while ago so we had a mechanic replace the relay and the wiring. The only problem is now a couple of times we have returned to the van and the internal light at the rear is on (glowing faint orange). On the dash is a triple switch - we were always of the belief that the with the switch set to the middle it was off, down was fully on (2 lights) and in the middle was off. The middle now appears to be on and if it`s pushed in on the upper third this appears to be off now? We are off to France in 2 weeks so keen to see if anyone had any similar probs on an aged vehicle or can confirm what setting on the switch means what? Pete

Submitted: 10/06/2014 13:11:07 | ID: 97351

Elaine Harris, Portugal

LDV Convoy

We have an LDV Convoy 2001 400 series . The yellow 20 amp fuse to the fuel injector pump blew so we changed i, it appears that whether the fuse is in situe or not it has no effect on the running of the vehicle.. The problem we have is that the van starts but we have no acceleration. It runs and it drives but struggles and has no rev. Why is there a fuse if it does nothing? Help we are at our wits end !!

I had the same proublem it turned out to be the fuel filter. After changing it the van ran great. I also cleaned out the fuel tank as the old filter was cloged up realy bad. david from Ireland

Submitted: 07/06/2014 10:48:55 | ID: 97094

lee, Greater Manchester

LDV Convoy

my 03 convoy tipper cut out when i flashed my headlight it wont restart with out a jump the glow plugs have been found to be under but im not sure this would cause it to cut out at over 60mph could the immobilliser be activated by using headlights indicators etc if so how to remedy would b appriciated

Submitted: 04/06/2014 00:08:48 | ID: 96849

Steve Baker, Cambridgeshire

LDV Convoy

LDV Convoy 2.5 'banana' engine. I am having trouble with getting my minibus into gear. I have fitted a new clutch cable and that has not cured the fault. It will go into gear with the engine off but not whilst running... anything here that i could fix myself?

Submitted: 02/06/2014 14:22:12 | ID: 96718

Mike, Devon

LDV Convoy

Need to change the clutch slave cylinder on my tipper. Any tips / instruction. It is a 52 plate unit with the 2,4 duratorque power unit. ie does the box have to come off or can it be done without etc.?

Could always try here - loads of ldv manuals etc - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ldvfiles/ mike from Cambridgeshire

Submitted: 19/05/2014 16:09:48 | ID: 95720

Shannon, Nottinghamshire

LDV Convoy

Engine on my LDV Convoy is noisey - any ideas?

Submitted: 15/05/2014 20:25:26 | ID: 95566

alo, Barbados

LDV Convoy

i have a ldv convoy it is a turbo model i think 2.5di. my problem is that it starts immediately but does not run at all ive tried to bleed the injectors but still i cant get it to run. can anyone give me some suggestions on how to proceed. thank you

Submitted: 22/04/2014 02:28:36 | ID: 94532

Mike Bassett, England

LDV Convoy 2004

I have an LDV Convoy and the glow plug comes on intermittently after starting. No change in performance and it seems to go off over bumps. An expensive computer check zapped it out but it comes back. Also a new battery was fitted but is not holding charge, it seems to drain down as it stands out. Is this an alternator problem? Any clues? (convoy hi top)

Submitted: 08/04/2014 15:32:30 | ID: 93970

Mark Evans, England

LDV Convoy 2003

Hi. I have a 2.4 turbo LDV Convoy and the battery went flat so I fitted a new one and now it won`t start, just a rapid clicking. I thought it was the starter and had it checked but all was okay although it still won`t start. The immobilizer light goes out and flashes at the same rate as the clicking sound when turning the key. Will this be an ecu fault, if so can the immobilizer be bypassed? (mini bus)

Submitted: 07/04/2014 12:27:32 | ID: 93930

Stuart Marriott, Nottinghamshire

LDV Convoy 2002

I have an LDV Convoy 52 plate which has started black smoking when pulling away from junctions and the engine sounds different to what it was before. Does anyone know what`s wrong please?

Submitted: 04/04/2014 10:03:38 | ID: 93810

Rowley Livock, Fife and Kinross Shires

LDV Convoy 2003

I have a problem with lack of mid range power from the 2.4 Ford ’banana’ diesel (non turbo) Convoy 400 (swb). Every hill or gradient requires a shift down to gear 3 or lower, even when unloaded, but when the engine is able to rev it will peak out to max revs no problem. (According to satnav it will spin to 84 mph on a downhill stretch no problem). Any suggestions please on how to regain lost mid-range torque and power?

Submitted: 24/03/2014 09:41:03 | ID: 62946

Josh, Newport

LDV Convoy 2003

Hi. I`m looking for some help with regards to a fault with the rear braking on an LDV Convoy. The van has front brakes which work but no rear. The front brakes have been bled and are working and the rear brakes have been bled but there is no brake fluid coming through. Can someone help with this problem?

Submitted: 20/03/2014 12:35:45 | ID: 63050

Tony Smith, Nottinghamshire

LDV Convoy 2000

How can I increase the power of my LDV Convoy van when towing my trailer? (swb city van)

Submitted: 03/02/2014 14:38:03 | ID: 59550

Craig Graham, England

LDV Convoy 1996

My LDV Convoy`s alternator belt snapped. It`s been replaced but the van won`t start now and I can`t understand why. Can anyone help?

Submitted: 28/01/2014 10:27:28 | ID: 61271

Jack Beresford, Lincolnshire

LDV Convoy 1999

I have just bought this old LDV Convoy which is very underpowered. It packed up the other day. I checked under the bonnet and found the fuel filter had come off, refitted it and bled it. It ran okay for a couple of days and then exactly the same thing happened again. I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem? (2.5 Transit engine)

It has happened to me. When fitting the filter there is a notch in it that locates into the filter housing, but when you tighten the collar the filter spins out of the notch because there is a spring in the filter housing. You have to hold the filter still and push it upwards whilst tightening the collar. Tony Smith from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 07/01/2014 14:22:58 | ID: 60403

Marc Hudson, Yorkshire

LDV Convoy 1999

I have replaced my engine in my LDV Convoy. It is a Transit banana engine and it will turn over but not fire. I have put my old fuel pump on so the immobilisor wasn`t affected. Why won`t it start? Have I done something wrong? Any help will be gratefully received thanks.

Is the pump the same type? If not you may need to change the injectors. Have you got the timing correct, i.e. the belt is not a tooth out, have you got power to the pump selanoid? Tony Smith from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 31/12/2013 14:52:52 | ID: 59962

Bryan Brown, Shropshire

LDV Convoy 2001

Hi. I have a LDV Convoy 400 swb. It has recently started juddering when going uphill. Any ideas please?

Submitted: 17/12/2013 14:53:38 | ID: 58899

Peter Marriott, Essex

LDV Convoy 2003

Hi there. My LDV Convoy is losing power from the battery after sitting for two days. I have fitted a new alternator and it is charging fine and runs fine when the battery is charged. I am stumped. Please can anybody help?

You must have a short somewhere in the wiring loom, you may need an auto electrician to find this Tony Smith from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 16/12/2013 12:36:45 | ID: 59198

James Dunlop, England

LDV Convoy 2004

My 2004 LDV Convoy makes a blowing noise or air leak noise at high revs when accelerating! The noise seems to be coming from behind the passenger’s glove box. What could it be?

The noise sounds like your turbo is faulty, but it is not behind the passenger glove box, the heater blower is. Tony Smith from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 09/12/2013 14:11:38 | ID: 58961

Glynn Clarke, England

LDV Convoy 2003

I need to drain the water from my LDV Convoy 400 Luton. Can anyone tell me where the drainage tap is? Thanks. (400 TDI)

There isn’t one, take the bottom hose off. Tony Smith from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 09/12/2013 12:32:01 | ID: 58615

Roberto Beto, London

LDV Convoy 2000

Hi. I am having an issue with my 2000 LDV Convoy (Banana engine 2.5Lt). It`s hard to shift into second gear from first gear, seems like it does not want to go in. I have to try 2-3 times to shift into second gear, most of the time when I try to shift from first to second gear it goes into neutral, but all the other gears shift perfectly fine. I thought first I would like to try to change the transmission fluid and see if the problem would go? I know where the transmission drain plug is, but the problem is I can’t find the Dipstick and Refill point / location. Can anyone tell me please? Thanks in advance.

There should be a big bolt on the side of the gear box, you fill through the hole till the oil runs back out. It should hold 1.3litres(2.29pints) of m2c 186-a oil. Tony Smith from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 07/11/2013 11:30:29 | ID: 57468

Ben Mama, Hampshire

LDV Convoy 2002

I just bought the LDV convoy 17 seater minibus with chassis number SEYZMVSYGDN, how do I tell if its turbo charged?

Submitted: 14/09/2013 16:54:50 | ID: 53938

David Hunter, Nottinghamshire

LDV Convoy 1996

I have a great truck here. I converted my LDV Convoy to a camper van a couple of years ago and have travelled all around France, towing a trailer. It has started surging occasionally on tickover and starting off. I also noticed that the brake servo doesn’t always seem to be making full vac. Could there be a connection? Thank you. It has the Peugeot turbo engine. (16 seater)

Submitted: 06/09/2013 14:41:55 | ID: 54031

Linda Sutton, London

LDV Convoy 2003

Is it possible to find a Certificate of Conformity for nLDV which is registered as a bus? I am considering putting this vehicle onto an Operator`s License and will need either a CoC or Coif. Many thanks.

Submitted: 06/06/2013 10:00:28 | ID: 58331

Vicky Sherman, Devon

LDV Convoy 1996

Some of my LDV Convoy`s dash bulbs are out. I`m having problems tracking them down as my local motorfactors don`t supply the correct fit. The main taco light and also the warning light bulb has gone. What type of bulbs are they and where`s the best place to get them from? Thanks.

Submitted: 09/05/2013 09:25:39 | ID: 58434

Kevin Whittle, Lancashire

LDV Convoy 2003

I have a 2003 LDV Convoy 2.4 diesel which only blows cold air and the temperature gauge reads below half, although the engine runs great. It also turns over very slowly but starts first time every time. I have already got a new battery. Can anyone suggest what I can do to sort this problem please? (minibus)

There probably is two separate faults here. The heater fault is probably the cable behind the heater switch is not operating properly. The valve the cable opens and closes is located behind the coweling below the heater controls at the left-hand side near the floor, try to spray with wd40 Tony Smith from Nottinghamshire

Submitted: 29/04/2013 12:01:43 | ID: 90444

Asa, Buckinghamshire

LDV Convoy 2003

I have got no headlights or full beam on my LDV Convoy but I do have side lights. I`ve done all of the obvious, checked the fuses, bulbs, power supply to the wiring, put on replacement light stem and changed the black relay box. Is there more than one relay for the headlights and full beam? Can anyone help?

Submitted: 25/04/2013 11:49:36 | ID: 93246