KIA CARENS questions and answers

KIA Carens

Ask and answer questions on a variety of KIA CARENS models. Help and advice on everything KIA CARENS. Feel free to ask and answer as many KIA-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest KIA CARENS questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

John milburn, Durham

Kia Carens

I am unable to get fourth gear on my kia carens diesel car will I need a new gearbox or can something else be the problem

Submitted: 20/05/2015 18:56:41 | ID: 116274

alesandro paradela, Philippines

Kia Carens

Where can I find the engine number? Where exactly is the location for stencil purposes?

Submitted: 14/05/2015 06:11:07 | ID: 116010

carol munro, East Riding of Yorkshire

Kia Carens

My kia carens 55 runs well but will not go into third gear from fourth gear & is sometimes difficult to go from second to third but will go in if rev's are high enough . Any advise would be appreciated.

Submitted: 03/05/2015 21:09:56 | ID: 115531

henk, South Africa

Kia Carens

Hi. The car has 196554km on the clock. For the last few days there has been a noise coming from the engine. The noise only appears from 2500rpm. I have changed the timing chain, tensioner and 2 x guides but the noise is still there?

Submitted: 12/04/2015 16:03:05 | ID: 114622

Vic, Cheshire

Kia Carens

I found oil in my passenger footwell, can't find where it come from?

Submitted: 11/04/2015 22:28:10 | ID: 114600

dare, Ghana

Kia Carens

What could be the problem, my car does not pull the way it used to pull? I have to accelerate more before it goes. What is the problem and what should I do?

Submitted: 09/04/2015 05:32:53 | ID: 114477

stewart burnett, Angus

Kia Carens

Just put car in for MOT and it failed on lower suspension arm rubber bush. Do I just replace the rubber bush or the whole suspension arm?

Submitted: 24/03/2015 14:10:34 | ID: 113753

christine williams, North Lanarkshire

Kia Carens

hi just bought a kia carens le automatic 1,8 can anyone tell me at the milage when timing belt needs replacing again milage is 108,000

Submitted: 24/02/2015 16:43:09 | ID: 112258

ELIZABETH KANBI, Greater London

Kia Carens

MY KIA CARENS DIESEL 2009 WONT START AND THE OIL INDICATORS SAYS CHECK OIL. I GOT SOMEONE TO CHECK THE OIL AND THE LEVEL WAS OKAY BUT THE CAT WOULD NOT START. WE GAVE IT A JUMP START BUT STILL WOULD NOT START. WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?

Cat won't start? Try feeding it fish. Cats don't like 12V either. P. Galore from Aberdeenshire

Submitted: 02/02/2015 16:55:05 | ID: 110750

kevin, North Lincolnshire

Kia Carens

Hi the central lock in on my carens le 2004 stopped working even though the key fob is workin fine any help please

Submitted: 29/01/2015 21:28:23 | ID: 110516

kevin, North Lincolnshire

Kia Carens

Hi my key fob works ok but will not operate the central lock in that is unlock or lock any help please my car is a carens 2004 thanks

Submitted: 29/01/2015 21:14:28 | ID: 110513

Sarah, Oxfordshire

Kia Carens

My nearside driveshaft has snapped. £425 new. thinking of getting a second hand part. will a driveshaft from a Carens I fit my Carens II?

Submitted: 29/01/2015 14:21:46 | ID: 110490

fergus, Falkirk

Kia Carens

Hi. I have a 2005 Kia Carens cdri le with no service history and I am trying to find out if the timing belt has been changed. I had a look at the belt as best I could and I could just make out the markings on it, it said hy/kia gates powergrip. Can anybody tell me if that would have been the original factory belt that Kia used whe the car was built?

Submitted: 16/01/2015 07:42:04 | ID: 109649

fergus, Falkirk

Kia Carens

Hi I have a 2005 Kia Carens crdi. I have no service history and am trying to find out if the car has had a timing belt change. I am trying to find out what make of belt would be fitted in the Kia factory when the car was made, the markings on my belt I can just make some of the words out are hyKia gates powergrip, would that be the belt that Kia used in their factory assembly line?

Submitted: 15/01/2015 08:55:28 | ID: 109582

raymond, West Midlands

Kia Carens

I have a yellow light in the shape of a car in the diesel panel on the driver`s side of the dash. It has suddenly started to flash. Can anyone give me any information?

Submitted: 12/01/2015 12:45:30 | ID: 109404

Caitriona, Ireland

Kia Carens

My Automatic carens has just come up with a transmission fault. The throttle body needs to be replaced and they think they may be connected and if not then we r looking at more work to be done. Can anyone tell me if it is not connected then how much money r we talking about to get it done?

Submitted: 02/01/2015 12:48:15 | ID: 108761

Rob, West Midlands

Kia Carens

Hi does anyone know the process of changing the fuel filter on my diesel? I have changed it but had to turn the engine over a lot until it eventually started and don't know if that was the right way to do it? It now seems to have caused a problem that occasionally each day the car will start first time but low/no revs so have to turn it off and restart it then everything is fine. Could air be in the system?

Submitted: 02/12/2014 21:23:01 | ID: 107278

richards, Dumfries and Galloway

Kia Carens

my kia carens2ltr diesel 2003 will start when the engine is cold after driving a few miles it will not start until the engine has cooled down .it will start with a push. someone suggested it may be the heater temperature switch.where is this located?

Submitted: 27/10/2014 20:34:17 | ID: 105216

Glyn, Cheshire

Kia Carens

My Kia won't start unless I spray easy start into the air intake then it is fine. I have to spray it every time I want to start my car. I didn't have to do this until a few days ago. What could the problem be?

Submitted: 26/10/2014 13:47:15 | ID: 105146

d ellinor, West Midlands

Kia Carens

How much oil is needed for an oil change and when should a timing belt be changed?

Submitted: 22/10/2014 11:34:49 | ID: 104982

robert brown, West Midlands

Kia Carens

open'nd up the drivers door with the cenral locking key and went to work going home the handle wouldn't open the drivers door i could hear the central locking releasing the lock on all the doors all open'nd except the drivers door any ideas what happened...thanks

I'd be interested to hear if you got this problem sorted please??? The same thing has happened with kia Carens S 3 times but sorted itself after various timescales although has stopped working again just now. Total pain!!! Many thanks. Andy Wright from City of Glasgow

Same problem here. My Kia Carens 2007 2.4 L Petrol's Co-Driver door just gets stuck sometimes without a reason. Could not trace the problem and then it gets alright on its own. Central locking sounds ok and all other doors are OK too. Let me know if there is a solution. harsh from Qatar

Submitted: 20/10/2014 20:05:11 | ID: 104918

Ray, Hertfordshire

Kia Carens

where is the fuse for the screen wash motor located please. I have been through the fuse locator in the owners manual but it is not clear which fuse is the correct one for the screen wash motor

Submitted: 17/10/2014 17:28:49 | ID: 104777

C Sandlin, Blackpool

Kia Carens

Hi, my Hold light has come on dash board Indicating automatic transaxle is on hold. How do I turn it off? Thank you

Submitted: 08/10/2014 13:04:01 | ID: 104260

C Sandlin, Blackpool

Kia Carens

There is a button below the gearshift lock button (right hand side of selector) push this light should extinguish. M Brown from Essex

Submitted: 08/10/2014 13:04:01 | ID: 104259

Pranil, Fiji

Kia Carens

I have a Kia Carens 2000 model. The automatic gear box is creating problems. It goes forward slowly, reversing is normal. I want to know what could cause that and what the right gear box oil is please?

Submitted: 21/09/2014 06:21:08 | ID: 103384

john, Rhondda Cynon Taf

Kia Carens

hi my carens starts great at firs take it out some times it will cut out and other times i knock it off then will not start until its cooled down any help be grateful

Submitted: 19/09/2014 21:44:41 | ID: 103326

Wayne NZ, New Zealand

Kia Carens

I am experiencing engine / fuel problem with my Kia. It started fine, ran it a couple of times, went to the hardware store and as I left the engine lost power. Stopped and turned ignition off and restarted, - it starts fine every time, then loses revs and coughs and idles roughly. There are no warning lights on the panel. Fuel tank is full, filled earlier this month. The AA diagnostic didn't show any fault codes. It is a diesel CRDi, 81,700km. Owned it since new, serviced regularly, always garaged. The AA bloke said it could be a number of things, weak fuel pressure was his best guess.

Submitted: 31/07/2014 00:11:04 | ID: 100623

Kia Carens

the bleep system goes off all the time how can i disconector adapt it to my computer

Submitted: 07/07/2014 18:07:54 | ID: 99161

Kia Carens

my reversing bleeper goes off in any gear how can i stop it

Submitted: 07/07/2014 17:59:56 | ID: 99160

Kia Carens

reversing noise keeps going in any gear selected

Submitted: 07/07/2014 17:53:46 | ID: 99159

sirajo, Nigeria

Kia Carens

My Kia Carens` fuel pump become overheated after driving a few kms so I changed it twice but to no avail. Please can anyone help me?

I have the same problem like you. Now need to change the second fuel pump. Any hint on the problem ? Ofir from Venezuela

Submitted: 13/06/2014 11:16:31 | ID: 97595

Jim, Spain

Kia Carens

Hold light has come on but it`s driving normally at this time. What does this mean?

Submitted: 12/05/2014 16:29:37 | ID: 95428

Mike, Aberdeenshire

Kia Carens

Hello & Help. I just bought a Kia Carens crdi 2006 without a manual book and struggling to find out How to fold them back seats??? Am I missing some pulley or something...where is this trigger?

Lift the seat base's to 90deg. Remove the head rests. Then pull the ring on the backs and at the same time fold them down. The head rests can be fitted into the base section for storage. Hope this helps. Rick Rick from Lincolnshire

Lift the seat bases to 90deg. Remove the head rests. Then pull the ring on the backs and at the same time fold them down. The head rests can be fitted into the base section for storage. Hope this helps.Rick from Lincolnshire

Submitted: 17/04/2014 17:50:22 | ID: 94372

Andy Hale, England

Kia Carens 2005

What is the correct way in which to check the oil level on this Kia Carens and what should I be seeing? (Petrol)

Submitted: 07/04/2014 11:25:06 | ID: 93993

Sarah Horton, Warwickshire

Kia Carens 2009

Hi, we are experiencing an intermittent problem of not being able to get our Kia Carens out of gear when going to change gear and then being unable to get it into another gear and having to stop, wait and then try again. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Many thanks. (Carens (59 plate).

Have you checked clutch fluid level? Mick from West Yorkshire

Submitted: 31/03/2014 15:29:06 | ID: 93668

Russell Seex, Kent

Kia Carens 2007

My Kia Carens` indicators and hazard warning lights have stopped working. The lights all flash when centrally locking so the bulbs are okay. I can’t find the fuse to check. Can anybody help please? (CRDi)

Indicators/hazard lights not working on a 2010 Kia Carens. Hazard lights flashing when operating central locking Des Rice from Antrim

Just change the hazard switch itself... Eric from Philippines

Submitted: 17/03/2014 12:34:38 | ID: 62942

Godwin Ihagh, Nigeria

Kia Carens 2005

How much does an old or new Kia Carens driving shaft cost? Mine has to be replaced.

Submitted: 10/03/2014 10:27:04 | ID: 62496

Brannock Shepherd, Derbyshire

Kia Carens 2006

My Kia Carens` check engine light is flashing permanently. The car is driving lovely and the mechanic has done a check for fault codes and nothing came up. I`m at a loss to what it could be. Any ideas please? (diesel)

Submitted: 10/03/2014 09:47:10 | ID: 66507

Jackie Langridge, Buckinghamshire

Kia Carens 2006

When I first unlock my Kia Carens using the remote key it unlocks but I then get a sound which sounds like the car is trying to lock itself. The noise carries on for quite a while, even when I am driving. It stops after a while but it is happening every time that I unlock it. What could the problem be?

Submitted: 07/03/2014 16:36:16 | ID: 62668

Hayley Sharpe, Leicestershire

Kia Carens 2005

Hi, I`m hoping someone can help. My Kia Carens` parking sensors have started making a different constant beep rather than the usual beep beep as you approach something. Is it on a fuse in the fuse box or somewhere under the bonnet? It’s not working even with the constant beep. Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 14/02/2014 09:22:02 | ID: 56713