FORD MONDEO questions and answers

FORD Mondeo

Ask and answer questions on a variety of FORD MONDEO models. Help and advice on everything FORD MONDEO. Feel free to ask and answer as many FORD-related questions as you wish.

Below are the latest FORD MONDEO questions submitted by visitors to RoadTestReports.co.uk. To supply an answer, simply click on the "Answer this question" link underneath each question. Alternatively, if you want to ask a question, please use this simple form. Please try to make the question as detailed as possible, with all the information necessary for a comprehensive answer included. Please do not use "text speech" or type everything in CAPS LOCK.

Mick Davis, West Midlands

Ford Mondeo

I have a Mondeo 2.0 tdci 2005, the rev counter has suddenly started going backwards, anyone have any ideas

Submitted: 25/08/2015 07:37:37 | ID: 120304

matthew bennett, West Midlands

Ford Mondeo

hi i need help iv got a mondeo ghia x 51 plate and my turbo works when it wonts too.i dont really no much about cars so any info would be great

Submitted: 17/08/2015 14:11:52 | ID: 119923

Steve, Nottinghamshire

Ford Mondeo

Hi my mondeo starts first time every time when cold, but if turned off when warmed up it will not re-start until the engine is cool. I turn the ignition on all lights come on but when i turn it to start the engine there is nothing at all, the radio goes off all lights to dash go off, the air con stays on but nothing happens at all. Has anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Submitted: 11/08/2015 11:45:30 | ID: 119607

Guled, Hampshire

Ford Mondeo

My mondeo 2010 automatic engine is revving constantly on the lower gears like 1.2.3 and 4. Also it takes time to respond while comming off from junctions and need to press the accellerator to move and i feel most of the time like it jumping. Can anyone help please to sort out my problem? Thanks

Submitted: 09/08/2015 22:53:46 | ID: 119543

wayne john bodnar, Buckinghamshire

Ford Mondeo

what no is the fuse for the front cigaret socket and were about is it

Submitted: 02/08/2015 18:37:42 | ID: 119247

Gerry rose, Cardiff

Ford Mondeo

When I start car in morning when cold yellow light comes on I leave on for 5mins when car hots up I turn off then start up again.and the light stays off what is my problem as long as there is heat it's ok when it's cold the yellow light will come on

Submitted: 30/07/2015 22:27:40 | ID: 119151

clive clements, West Midlands

Ford Mondeo

Engine management light comes on occasionally if I stop car for 10minutea and restart it disappears .garage could find no fault and said don't worry unless it comes on permanently. Only 32000 miles and fully serviced

Submitted: 26/07/2015 17:37:08 | ID: 118940

Joe Buchan, Aberdeenshire

Ford Mondeo

Can you tell me how to access the passenger compartment fuse box panel in my (2015 Mondeo Estate). I wrote to Ford and they told me it was behind the glove box but I can't get the glove box out.

Submitted: 15/07/2015 14:51:38 | ID: 118482

james hamilton, City of Glasgow

WHERE CAN I FIND THE JACK AND WHEEL BRACE

how about looking in the boot doughball or try the scrappy sammy from East Ayrshire

Submitted: 11/07/2015 10:17:58 | ID: 118318

Paul, East Sussex

Ford Mondeo

Loud howling noise from engine when idling. Engine running fine tho.

Submitted: 06/07/2015 00:19:09 | ID: 118107

james, Highland

Ford Mondeo

When i start car some time Rev's erratic and seems to be a whistle from turbo as soon as you rev it any ideas thanks

Yellow light comes on when I start in morning i let it. Warm up about 5mins turn off then start up as soon as the heat it stays off its a mondeo 2litre diesel titanium2006 what is my problem please Gerry rose from Cardiff

Submitted: 02/07/2015 18:51:02 | ID: 117955

sean hargreaves, Lincolnshire

Ford Mondeo

Hello, I have a 54 plate mondeo st220, I have had the car for 2 weeks now. Yesterday I wired a sub and amp to the car which works fine. 30 minutes later my engine management light came on and the idle revs now fluctuates from 600 rpm upto a 1000 rpm. It was sitting nicely at 750 rpm before I fitted the sub and amp. I have now taken the sub and amp out and the car now idles at 750 rpm again but engine management light is still on. Does anyone think the sub and amp caused the engine management light to come on? Also how can I reset engine management light without taking it to a garage. Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 25/06/2015 10:48:02 | ID: 117686

Steve, Plymouth

Ford Mondeo

My car Judders at low revs but once apply more on accelerater car pulls with no juddering. Also fuel cosumption is poor I feel, full tank bout 250 miles around town and also Have a whining sound underneath cassis... Is this a hole in a pipe or a wheel bearing? Car has done 89K and 22 k over last 5 yrs and last dec2014 had full service and new HT leads, juddering issue was there before fitted and still is now.

Submitted: 16/06/2015 22:19:12 | ID: 117304

keith, Greater Manchester

Hi I am having to replace the alternator every 12 months - why? Regards Keith

Submitted: 14/06/2015 23:20:23 | ID: 117213

kenny, Kent

Ford Mondeo

my electronic automatic tempature control stopped working after i replaced the cigar lighter fuse. is their a fuse for the heater control, if so is it in the main fuse box or in the auxillary box. if not the fuse what could the problem be ???. thanks, hope you can help me. yours kenny.

Submitted: 08/06/2015 15:25:34 | ID: 116965

Pat, Ireland

Ford Mondeo

Hi all. I have a Mondeo 1.8LX petrol 2005. I stopped outside a shop and came back in a few minutes and the car wouldn't start. I checked Fuel pressure at Rail and there was plenty of fuel there. I found no Spark at output from coil pack. It.s only two month's since I had to replace it one Saturday morning so I hope it's not gone faulty on me. The indication that morning was the Engine light kept flashing with very juddering movement diving away from traffic lights. I went into a motor factor shop and bought a new coil for €35. I would like to know how to test a coil pack . Many thanks.

Submitted: 02/06/2015 13:32:13 | ID: 116719

diane green, Merseyside

Ford Mondeo

Hi, I have a light flashing on my dashboard and the car won't start and when I try to start it blows smoke out? Thanks

Submitted: 10/05/2015 08:49:34 | ID: 115829

harry, Somerset

Ford Mondeo

Hi, my Ford Mondeo 2 litre automatic has lost all gears, it drove on to a ramp and had checks done for MOT then the garage went to drive it off and there were no gears/drive but the engine runs fine?

Submitted: 09/05/2015 23:49:07 | ID: 115820

Colin Murphy, Buckinghamshire

Ford Mondeo

After a short run my car suffers from juddering under load. Back off slightly on the throttle and it stops, only to start again under load. The juddering is not constant but judders 3 or 4 times then there is a pause then 3 or 4 judders then a pause etc. This will continue for as long as I maintain a constant speed. The judder becomes more noticeable the longer the journey. I had a new torque converter and a complete gearbox rebuild 12 months ago.

Submitted: 01/05/2015 14:10:50 | ID: 115453

gregory, Cumbria

Ford Mondeo

hi I have a mk3 tdci on a 55 plate , I was renewing ,my brake pads and the rear right piston was giving me problems ,wouldn't wind back in , the whole piston became loose , I have another mk3 mondeo ,a 52 plate petrol I noticed rear callipers where the same as my tdci , however , ive attempted to remove calliper from tdci , but everything is ready to come off apart from the ,rubber hose the metal part of the hose near the calliper ,has rounded ,and due to my ignorance ,I have repeated this process with shocking results ,can you advise me on the best way to replace this hose I didn't fancy removing it from main brake line because that is tight also ,don't fancy rounding that or worse still snapping it ,as it has a lot of movement on the bracket ,thanks ,really hope you can help ,car is stuck up on axle stands until , I can source a remedy ,thanks greg :)

Submitted: 18/04/2015 21:16:58 | ID: 114888

Haydn wood , Greater Manchester

Ford Mondeo

Radiator fan is running even when starting up from cold?

Submitted: 07/04/2015 21:50:59 | ID: 114424

Franklyn Swanston , Greater Manchester

Ford Mondeo

I recently purchased a car (Mondeo Titanium estate 2011) on 29th March 2015 after stopping to fill up I noticed one of my side lights were out. I went to Halfords to have it replaced only to be told there is nowhere to put the bulb in the light unit, it seems the off side front light unit is different from the other side which has a side light in it and it's working. So it appears I have two different light units in my car. How can this be? This surely isn't right? Could I be stopped by the police for this reason, and how has this car passed it's MOT? I know from my research that cars with day lights sometimes don't need side lights, but surely both the lighting units should be the same. Could someone shed some LIGHT on this for me please?

Submitted: 07/04/2015 15:04:11 | ID: 114415

mak, Essex

Ford Mondeo

hi i have a mondeo zetec 2010 1800cc when my foot just touches the clutch it rattles when i push all the way in it stops its even started to make a little noise on idle now if this is the clutch how will i know if it need a flywheel also

Submitted: 14/03/2015 18:01:33 | ID: 113328

Tony b, Buckinghamshire

Ford Mondeo

does this model have brake wear indicators.

Submitted: 11/03/2015 17:26:28 | ID: 113156

mick, Nottinghamshire

Ford Mondeo

Hi, just started my Mondeo diesel est tdci engine and it started shaking and was very loud, plus a lot of blue smoke. No lights on the dash though. Any help please?

Submitted: 24/02/2015 10:07:10 | ID: 112236

john fitzgerald, South Lanarkshire

Ford Mondeo

Why are the headlights rubbish? It's a Titanium X and I had the same miners lamps on my 60 plate Titanium. When you buy a 2014 TX plus you would expect at least a torch to see in the dark.

Submitted: 21/02/2015 23:06:34 | ID: 112063

david beckwith, Lancashire

Ford Mondeo

What would cause the fuel light to come on as if empty? The engine cuts out when there is a full tank of diesel

Submitted: 18/02/2015 22:08:54 | ID: 111848

vaughan, Nottinghamshire

Ford Mondeo

just bought a titanium estate put 65 litres of diesl in and the fuel gauge has not moved.the gauge sits on the display screen between rev counter and speedo.....

Submitted: 14/02/2015 17:46:37 | ID: 111527

F. Wiggs, Norfolk

Ford Mondeo

I have a 2010 Mondeo estate. Somebody bumped my rear bumper in the car park and popped the side out. Is there an easy way to put this back in?

Submitted: 12/02/2015 13:50:35 | ID: 111372

Michael Machin, South Yorkshire

Ford Mondeo

Red and yellow snowflakes both on and no temp being shown inside the car, been told it could be the sensor, where is it, is it easy to change if it's that? Thanks

Submitted: 11/02/2015 21:00:09 | ID: 111339

John Powell , Hertfordshire

Ford Mondeo

Started the car up and drove for about 50 yards and it cut out, could not start it, would not fire up or turn over but all the lights on the dash work. I tried bump-start but it did not do anything. Any suggestions?

Submitted: 09/02/2015 10:52:22 | ID: 111178

jack houston, Antrim

Ford Mondeo

Heater Blower Motor FORD MONDEO 1.8 Edge . Bearings have been affected by water ingress from ,faulty pollen filter seal.water has dried out the lubricant in the bearings and now the motor squeeks when switched on. Do I try to replace bearings or the complete motor.

Submitted: 30/01/2015 23:58:50 | ID: 110604

dave, Derbyshire

Ford Mondeo

Hi. I have whiring sound that sonetimes gets louder when when car moving sounds at front of car . I had bairing done thinking was that but continues. Could it be as simple as as a tyre. As the guy I bought it from replaced tyre or am I grasping at straws . Any feedback I woyld be very greatful for. Thanks

Submitted: 28/01/2015 21:21:19 | ID: 110450

edward bishop, Tyne and Wear

Ford Mondeo

car starts when cold but after 15 to 20 minutes cuts out and smells of petrol any ideas

Submitted: 28/01/2015 17:11:35 | ID: 110427

Jim graingr, City of Derby

Ford Mondeo

Hi I have a 2009 1.8 edge tdci. my car alarm has started going off at all hours night n day (01:30 this morning) I've replaced the main car battery as I was advised this was the cause but to no effect anyone got any advise before I have to resort to dealer visit?? Cheers jim

Submitted: 26/01/2015 07:25:32 | ID: 110297

Ian Clarke, South Yorkshire

Ford Mondeo

Filled the car today and the "miles remaining" display showe 808 miles remaining - this number is usually 670 miles.Having travelled 56 miles the number displayed is now 820 miles and i noticed a rapid climb in the outside temperature from 3 degrees to 14 and then a rapid drop back down to 5 degrees.Is this a technical problem and are the two issues related?

Submitted: 20/01/2015 19:20:58 | ID: 109969

jeffrey page, West Yorkshire

Ford Mondeo

no pressure on my clutch pedal ,will select gear when engine is not running. but nothing when engine is running.has my clutch gone,i dont know if it has a clutch cable or not. help please,

Submitted: 17/01/2015 15:34:27 | ID: 109725

william duff, Fife

Ford Mondeo

9 strathenry place Would a weak or low battery cause my mondeo to cut out whilst driving. Car restarted and cut out again in idle mode after 20 seconds. Tried again nothing at all , battery dead. When turning on ignition guages speedo etc went over to max for 2 0r 3 secs then dropped back. Would a weak battery cause this?

Submitted: 16/01/2015 11:16:14 | ID: 109659

perry mcbride, Northamptonshire

Ford Mondeo

I have a mondeo 1.8 lx petrol duratec engine 16 valve injection and recently i ran the tank dry and sucked all the debris from bottom of tank and now i am losing power when using gears from 1 thru to 5 and i get a shuddering motion on the revs when changing gear. i have replaced the fuel filter and today i replaced the spark plugs with new ones , the two centre piston chamber spark plugs were covered in wet oil but the one at either side were good. the car is running like it is misfiring and feels like it is losing compression but have not done a test yet. have not checked injectors or coil wires or coil itself. is my engine done ? can anyone help please...

Submitted: 13/01/2015 16:12:49 | ID: 109473

Shabz, Greater London

Ford Mondeo

What be the reason why my car heater heat is really really hot? Even if I lower the resistant it stills blows really hot heat! Please advise?

Submitted: 09/01/2015 19:18:40 | ID: 109235